PDA

View Full Version : What to do when all your fave chat rooms dont work?

Alzarian
05-29-2002, 12:22 AM
So, there are several websites i go to to chat from time to time. Now, all of a sudden, none of them seem to work, they just come up blank. Even Yahoo chat, which I can't imagine is down. I dont have this problem on other computers.

Is there some sort of software that my computer has somehow lost? How can i get it again, so i can chat online?

(Not talking about instant messenging by the way, just chat rooms on specific websites)

LolaBaby
05-29-2002, 01:37 AM
What browser are you using? Sometimes if I use a different browser coughnetscapecough I get booted and my comp freezes.

If you can't find out why, then:
What to do when all your fave chat rooms dont work?

1. Read a book
2. Watch TV
3. Go out and treat yourself to an ice cream cone
4. You're invited to spam my board (sig)
5. Take a nap
6. Go out and get a beer
7. Surf mindlessly
8. Clean a room
9. Balance your checkbook
10. Go shopping!

Hope you find out something.

DarrenS
05-29-2002, 01:45 AM
Couple of guesses -

1) something wrong with the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) on your computer. If you're using Internet Explorer, re-download the JVM from microsoft.com (I'm not sure if Sun still makes the Java Plug-in but if so you could download that from Sun.com)

2) Did you start using a proxy for Internet browsing? Perhaps the proxy is not allowing the ports needed by the chat software. In which case your only option is to be nice to your firewall administrator and ask him or her to open the necessary ports.