PDA

View Full Version : TSD needs chat hosts, board moderators

05-14-1999, 11:18 AM
What with growing traffic on our Web message board and the usual turnover, the Straight Dope needs chat hosts and board moderators. Interested parties should write to tubadiva@aol.com for an application. You must be over 18. A fast computer and modem, a steady head, and lots of free time are big pluses. Not to mention the patience of a saint.

06-01-1999, 08:51 AM
Are these paying jobs?

06-02-1999, 12:41 AM
Cheese, you'd be in the forefront of the battle against ignorance. All the glory you'd want. Spiffy uniforms too.

------------------
Ranger Jeff
The Idol of American Youth

Always drink upstream from the herd.

06-02-1999, 12:48 AM
Yes, but...are these paying jobs? I can't buy cheesy-poofs with glory!

Betsy

06-02-1999, 08:49 PM
No. Cecil squeaks by, he gives Li'l Ed a pittance, and there aint nothin' left for Li'l Ed to pass on except the thrill of taking up a stance against ignorance. Oh, and free copies of the Chicago READER.

06-02-1999, 09:00 PM
Ranger Jeff
Member posted 06-02-99 12:41 AM
Cheese, you'd be in the forefront of the battle against ignorance. All the glory you'd want. Spiffy uniforms too.

You mean I was supposed to be dressed during all those chats?!

Chip (aka montereygo, aka sdhostego)

06-07-1999, 08:38 PM
How about a hat or a coffee mug to feel official? Do we have to be sober?

06-07-1999, 09:42 PM
[[How about a hat or a coffee mug to feel official? Do we have to be sober?]]

I would say sobriety could work against you.
Jill
ps -- I want a hat, too.

06-08-1999, 12:09 AM
If you throw in a complimentary Official SD Dodge Viper, I'll do it.

------------------
"Anything is peaceful from one thousand, three hundred and fifty-three feet."

06-08-1999, 09:24 AM
If they threw in the offical snack food of Straight Dopers (would that be an oxymoron?) I'd do it.

(but my key board would be orange.)

06-08-1999, 10:24 AM
If they threw in the offical snack food of Straight Dopers (would that be an oxymoron?) I'd do it.
(but my key board would be orange.)
Aw, come on -- Circus Peanuts don't leave that much residue.

------------------
"What can be more deluding, or even dangerous, than false comfort that blinds our vision and inspires passivity?"
-- Stephen Jay Gould, Rocks of Ages

06-08-1999, 01:16 PM
Oh, man, Circus Peanuts make my teeth hurt just thinking about them. And I don't even have any fillings.

06-08-1999, 02:29 PM
I have LOTS of fillings, and my teeth have never hurt due to eating a Circus Peanut. My stomach, perhaps, after a large Circus Peanut binge, but never my teeth.

------------------
"The best medicine for misery is neither myth nor miracle, but naked truth."
-- Richard Walker, The Running Dogs of Loyalty: Honest Reflections on a Magical Zoo