View Full Version : So, what would you put in Room 101?
10-07-2002, 07:42 AM
What do you hate? You have the opportunity to put four/ five things you hate into room 101, to get rid of them forever (idea from George Orwell via the BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A519482) ).
We can't nominate disease, war, famine, poverty and hate. we'll take those as read, OK?
My nominees are:
• Guys that hawk and spit noisily into the toilet. Yeuch!
• Technology obssessed people who always need the smallest, latest 3G wap-enabled all-singing all-dancing mobile phone. The sort of person who, as soon as they sit down/ stop walking take the damn thing out and look at it and pointlessly press buttons. And they're always telling you how wonderful it is. I know someone that bought a £200 mobile because, they said, you could drop it off of a 1000-storey building onto concrete and it wouldn't break. They're afraid of heights :smack:
• Any dog smaller than a spaniel. I've seen rats bigger than some of these things that people believe merit a lead and to be called dogs.
• People who don't wash their hands in public toilets. It's bad enough that they're carrying their own germs around, but they certainly don't need to leave them on the door handles for me to pick up on my clean hands as I leave.
• Middle lane drivers. People that sit in the middle lane of the motorway and will not move. I'm poodling along the inside lane and I have to (a) undertake them (dangerous and illegal) or move all the way out to the offside lane, and all the way back. Get them off the roads!
Dopers, what do you have to add?
Room 101 itself. Just to see the paradox erupt. (That was done before though, by someone) ;)
"The definition of 'emergency'- When should we call 911?"
"Emergency services in the 21st century- Why you do not need them for a hangnail"
Bosda Di'Chi of Tricor
10-07-2002, 08:21 AM
Being true to the Cecilian Ideal---Ignorance.
Buy, that's just me.
10-07-2002, 08:33 AM
'Easy open' fruit juice cartons
Inferior chocolate, in fact sub-standard foodstuffs generally
10-07-2002, 08:48 AM
Any dog larger than a spaniel. I've seen horses smaller than some of the animals that city folks bring from their cramped little apartments out onto the crowded sidewalks and dare to call pets.
Oh, you weren't talking about city dogs? :)
10-07-2002, 09:30 AM
People who use ski-poles, GPS, platypus drinking bags etc. etc. when going for a country stroll.
'Baby on Board' signs in the rear windows of cars (just as well you told me - I was planning on driving you off the road).
People wearing Celtic shirts to Irish international matches.
Your man who does the weather on TV3 (Irish channel)
Women who have sunglasses welded to their heads regardless of the conditions.
10-07-2002, 10:01 AM
People who lack a sense of humor - if you must take everything dead-seriously and literally, you are undeserving of interaction with society at large.
Litterbugs - it won't kill you to carry that wrapper till you find a trash can.
So-called television executives - you permit entirely too much crap to pollute the airways!!
The whiny, PITA guy who sits in the corner of my office - just go away.
10-07-2002, 10:03 AM
Martin King is who you are looking for MWaP :)
(I'll have the celtic debate with you at another time :)
People who wear burberry clothing. Its horrible and makes you look like a twat.
People who are members of Golf Clubs.
people who get pulled about by other people in those little cart things in Dublin.
people who bought the orange Rangers Jersey.
10-07-2002, 10:48 AM
People intraveneously injecting.
10-07-2002, 11:03 AM
People intraveneously injecting.
10-07-2002, 11:15 AM
* Company Christmas do's (yeah bah humbug back at ya)
* public transport in london - what's the point of paying to stand with your nose in someone's armpit or get coughed on or to just get crushed for 45 minutes ? There's clubs around that cater for that sort of thing
Mangetout I'm with you on the Jeffrey Archer thing - he just doesn't get this I broke the law thing...:smack:
10-07-2002, 11:30 AM
1) People who want to put any dog (large or small) in room 101
2) All politicians
3) Spam (e-mail and "food")
4) Adults who are Harry Potter fans
10-08-2002, 05:33 AM
• Junk mail
• People who, when they don't have a handkerchief or a tissue, blow their noses with neither, and it all just hangs, swaying, in front of them before finally landing on the floor.
• I don't want all politicians in, only those who are dishonest, corrupt, power-seeking or lazy! ;)
10-08-2002, 07:33 AM
Jerry Seinfeld and Woody Allen. Or the ending of the movie "Marathon Man."
10-08-2002, 08:36 AM
People who won't move over and let us tailgaters pass.
Signs on the back of vehicles saying "Show Dogs. Do Not Tailgate"
(Are show dogs more worthy of protection than people? I have two show dogs, but I just don't get this sign.)
10-08-2002, 09:06 AM
Scumbags who are bloodsucking ticks such as,
my crybaby, ass-covering, anal-retentive manager,
and my evil monster ex-husband
Scumbags who are child molesters and abusers
Scumbags who scam old people out of their retirement funds
Scumbags who abuse animals
10-08-2002, 10:54 AM
Oh wait? Is this stuff that deserves Room 101 or stuff that would be in your Room 101. Because people intraveneously injecting is only applicable to the latter. They don't deserve it.
10-08-2002, 12:18 PM
Spam (both kinds)
Crows and pigeons (but not Owls)
10-08-2002, 08:06 PM
I thought you were confronted with your greatest fear in Room 101, not stuff you hate, but here goes:
Centipedes. Screw the ecosystem. They're icky.
Freddie Prinze Jr. He doesn't have a talented molecule in his body.
Scientology. If only to avoid "Battlefield Earth 2: Electric Boogaloo".
The Philadelphia Flyers. Including Bobby Clarke. No,
especially Bobby Clarke.
Bizarro Cecil, aka Jack Chick. Amusement value aside, somebody must be listening to this clown.
vBulletin® v3.7.3, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.