PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 'B' or 'Straight to Video' Movie?

Daylon
01-22-2003, 07:33 AM
my fave was one with Kyle MacLachlin called "The Hidden"

It was about aliens that jump down your throat and made you steal Ferrari's.... classic!

The Clawman
01-22-2003, 07:46 AM
"The Hidden" was pretty good, but surely the king of the "B" movie was "Tremors"?

Evil Captor
01-22-2003, 07:53 AM
To name a few:

Vicious Circles, Electra, Barbarian Queen, Deathstalker, Perils of Gwendoline and all of the Ginger movies.

Arden Ranger
01-22-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Daylon
my fave was one with Kyle MacLachlin called "The Hidden"

It was about aliens that jump down your throat and made you steal Ferrari's.... classic!

That was a Claudia Christian movie. She played a stripper. I don't know who all those other people were in the movie. :)

Quite of few of Claudia's moves are B movies. I loves 'em all. Hexed is hysterical

Harli
01-22-2003, 09:39 AM
Donnie Darko is a brilliantly creepy film that I cannot ever remember being in theatres.

One that was in theatres (at least it was in Canada), but I would probably consider a B film is Ginger Snaps. Best film I've seen come out of Canada. Wonderful take on the werewolf genre.

nitroglycerine
01-22-2003, 11:43 AM
Repo Man...The greatest B movie of all time!

Jon

thi6
01-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Blood of Heroes. Joan Chen, Rutger Hauer, Vincent D'Onofrio.

thi6

SonOfArizona
01-22-2003, 12:52 PM
Donnie Darko was fantastic, so I definetly agree there. Another straight to video movie that really amazed me was the Boondock Saints. I dont know if that counts, the guy behind it had all those legal troubles with... what was it, paramount i think, but it was never in theatres. Great action scenes, great soundtrack, great flick.

davidw
01-22-2003, 12:55 PM
Thick As Thieves, or as we call it in my house, the Pointy Williams Movie.