PDA

View Full Version : Erasure -- "Other People's Songs"

Otto
02-04-2003, 09:45 PM
Am almost through my first listen of Erasure's new CD (the last track just started) and I am really liking it. It's 12 covers and while there's nothing revolutionary it's IMHO thoroughly enjoyable. Good traveling/road trip material. Anyone else listened to it yet?

interface2x
02-04-2003, 10:48 PM
I got it on Saturday and I have to admit that I'm not impressed ... I never bothered to pick up "Loveboat", primarily because what I heard wasn't too good, but I took a chance on this one since I like the majority of their albums. Personally, I think the primary downfall of this album is the song choice ... they're either songs I don't like very much or they're songs that aren't particularly well-arranged here. I mean, I for one didn't need to hear Erasure doing "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling". I do have to say, though, that "Solsbury Hill" is a good song and is well done - I probably should have bought that single instead.

I've still only listened to it twice through, though, so I'll give her some more shots.

danceswithcats
02-05-2003, 12:16 AM
TYVM for the tip. I didn't realise that Vince & Andy had produced anything for a while. I like their early work the best.

lesa
02-05-2003, 12:47 AM
I like it. But I like everything by Erasure.

I am amused by "Make Me Smile," because the only other time I heard this song is when Duran Duran covered it. So I feel like Erasure is doing a Duran Duran song.

If you go to www.VH1.com they have tour dates.

Also worth mentioning - Alison Moyet put out a new CD last year. I plan on getting it as soon as possible.