PDA

View Full Version : The [Pathetically Geeky] Star Trek Rate-a-Babe

Ephemera
03-18-2003, 12:57 AM
..or hunk if that's more your thing. In case anyone wants to mock me for making this thread, Viva's partly to blame too! Remember that. :)

I still need to draw up a list. I'll be back in a while to post it.

vivalostwages
03-18-2003, 01:03 AM
Jumping the gun on Aesiron's list..................

Kirk: a fine looking man in his younger days.

Picard: a sharp looking fellow with a nice cranium.

Riker: Looks great with a beard; sans beard, the inevitable Pottsie comparisons.

Sisko: Smooth and silky.

Chakotay: something ruggedly nice about him, and a good voice too.

-----------------------------------------
Yes, I can rate women too:

Troi--looked much prettier in the last few seasons of TNG but not so much in the movies.

Beverly: a sexy redhead with beautiful skin.

Seven: looked better on rare occasions when she let her hair down.

That's all I can manage for now.

JThunder
03-18-2003, 01:05 AM
I vote for Ezri Dax. And Kes. And Lt. Yar. And Dr. Helen Noel.

Ephemera
03-18-2003, 01:20 AM
1) Ezri Dax
2) Leeta
3) Jadzia Dax
4) Hoshi
5) Allysa Ogawa
6) Robin Lefler
7) B'ellana Torres
8) Donatra [Nemesis]
9) Seven of Nine
10) Deanna Troi
11) T'Pol
12) Kira Nerys
13) Natasha Yar
14) Beverly Crusher
15) Kathryn Janeway
16) Ro Laren
17) Kes
18) Keiko O'Brien
19) Janice Rand
20) Kassidy Sisko
21) Saavik
22) Christine Chapel
23) Nyota Uhura
24) Carol Marcus
25) Kathryn Pulaski

:D

Horatio Hellpop
03-18-2003, 01:48 AM
Hoshi!
Hoshi!
Hoshi! I'm kind of partisan...

Tangent
03-18-2003, 02:12 AM
As a casual viewer of the shows, my favorite ST babes are:

1. Deanna Troi (later in TNG run)
2. T'Pol
3. Seven of Nine
4. Kes
5. Beverly Crusher
6. B'ellana Torres
7. Tasha Yar
8. Kathryn Janeway

3trew
03-18-2003, 02:14 AM
Seven of Nine was One of One.

Y'all have fun arguing now. Contest's over.

Dax would be a good person to meet, and the symbiowhatevers were Fiiine. Captain Sisko can inspect my cargo hold any time he wants to. If I'm going to lose the use of an arm during, then Ms. Torres would be my choice.

My Yar fixation dates back a long way, and I stand by it.

Mr. Kim, Mr. Sulu, Mr. Chekov and I need to have a few drinks and see what happens.

Mr. Data is apparently fully skilled in all forms of pleasure, which could really make up for a lot.

Uhura. Mmmm. Short skirts and big earrings.

As long as I don't have to see Riker or Crusher Jr. or hear Cpt. Janeway or Cpt. Kirk, I'll be fine.

I had no idea I was such a Trekkie.

peterW
03-18-2003, 02:30 AM
1) Ashley Judd's character - don't know her name from TNG
2) Famke Jansen's character - don't know her name from TNG
3) T'Pol
4) Seven of Nine
5) Hoshi

Michael Ellis
03-18-2003, 05:02 AM
Umm, Jeri Ryan, what's her face and that other one.

GuanoLad
03-18-2003, 05:46 AM
Jadzia
Kes
Ro
Tasha Yar's evil daughter
Nurse Chapel

Bryan Ekers
03-18-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Aesiron
21) Saavik

Ah, but there are two: the Kirstie Alley one and the Robin Curtis one.

AncientHumanoid
03-18-2003, 07:11 AM
Andrea (TOS What Are Little Girls Made Of?)

Yeoman Colt (TOS The Cage)

Goo

Beverly Crusher (Red hair, pale skin, thin, great smile)

Hoshi (Hi, Tars!)

T'Pol (especially in Carbon Creek when the period clothing softened her look)

Amanda Rogers (TNG True Q)

Wesley (He would've been a cutegirl!)

Tasha's little sister (The tight clothing really helped)

horowitz
03-18-2003, 07:20 AM
Lieutenant Ilia

Kn*ckers
03-18-2003, 07:47 AM
I'm gonna do top-fives... Based on looks alone, because I have personality issues with some of these characters:

Fellas:

1) Chekov (I don't know... I just always thought he was adorable)

2) Tucker/Paris (they look pretty much the same, so I can't really put one ahead of the other...)

3) Picard (maybe a bit too old for me, but he's got a nice profile, and he's sexy in a sedate sorta way)

4) Riker (not my type, but attractive in a large, ursine mammal sorta way)

5) Sisko (he's got that poised, powerful thing going on. And I love his voice)

Gals:

1) Uhura (She's just gorgeous. Great legs, too)

2) Jadzia Dax (good-looking AND strong. You go, girl!)

3) Troi (great hair, and the accent makes her all exotic and stuff, though I disagree with most of her wardrobe choices)

4) Seven of Nine (she's got really nice teeth.)

5) Hoshi (kinda neurotic, but she's pretty in a not-absurdly-proportioned way)

brianmelendez
03-18-2003, 08:07 AM
Leah Brahms.

Mudling
03-18-2003, 09:03 AM
Jadzia. She isn't your boring stereotypical hot chick, and she's got alot of spunk!! Now how far do those spots go.....

Kira. After a few seasons she just got prettier and prettier.

(NOT Seven of Nine, she has a bird nose!!)

Golly gosh, I can not think of ONE good looking guy on the show! :eek:

*racks brain*

PatrickM
03-18-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Kn*ckers

<snip>
Seven of Nine (she's got really nice teeth.)
<snip>

She has teeth?!? Funny, I never noticed.:D

As for my votes:

1. The Romulan commander babe
2. Everyone else.

Spectre of Pithecanthropus
03-18-2003, 11:10 AM
I always thought Majel Barrett was a major hottie, at least duing TOS. Pictures of her from the period sans costume and makeup show her to be even more attractive.

BrotherCadfael
03-18-2003, 12:30 PM
You guys just aren't anywhere near geeky enough.

Here:

Andrea, the android from "What are Little Girls Made Of?" (Sherry Jackson),

Deela, the accellerated time woman from "Wink of an Eye" (Kathie Browne),

Zarabeth, the woman exiled to the Ice Age in "All Our Yesterdays", (Mariette Hartley)

Dr. Helen Noel, from "Dagger of the Mind", (Marianna Hill)

Roberta Lincoln, from "Assignment: Earth", (Teri Garr)

Carolyn Palmas, from "Who Mourns for Adonis?", (Leslie Parrish)

Philana, from "Plato's Stepchildren" (Barbara Babcock )

Tars Tarkas
03-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Hoshi!!!!

Jadzia Dax
Keiko O'Brien
Vash
Seven
Dr. Crusher
Various Suzie Plakson characters, in order--K'Ehrlyr, Lady Q, Vulcan doctor, Andorian chick.
That chick from the Gary seven episode.
Batgirl
And all the green ladies

vivalostwages
03-18-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by NoClueBoy

Goo

SNIP
-------------------------------------------------------------
Antonia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chronos
03-18-2003, 02:44 PM
Back when I was watching the Original Series, I was too young to properly appreciate such matters, so no opinion on the various babes-of-the-week that Kirk bedded. But from the other series, I'll vote:

B'ellanna Torres (by far)
Non-Bitchy Kira
Tasha Yar
The Vulcan chick from the movies
Bitchy Kira
Kes
O'Brien's wife

Dr. Crusher never seemed to do anything for me, and Troi always seemed too over-the-top for me (sort of like Ginger, as opposed to Mary Ann). Jadzia Dax has the looks, but she's a total ditz. And I stopped watching before 7 of 9 or Ezri Dax.

And I'm deliberately leaving Janeway off my list entirely, for what I hope are obvious reasons.

elf6c
03-18-2003, 03:21 PM
Hmm: Kira and Jadzia Dax. Seven of Nine was ok.

The rest get a big meh. Enterprise has the worst cast on this angle, as Hoshi looks like a little boy (sorry Tars Tarkas, its true) and our Vulcan science officer needs to get a few PSI taken out of her lips. Then again, right now Enterprise is the worst Trek series so that's right in line with the rest of this train wreck of a season. Nice theme song though.

GuanoLad
03-18-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by brianmelendez
Leah Brahms.
Ooh! Good call!

I liked that little story arc, too. It was quite inspired.

Ephemera
03-18-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by peterW
1) Ashley Judd's character - don't know her name from TNG
3) T'Pol
4) Seven of Nine
5) Hoshi

Judd's character was Robin Lefler, my number six. :)

AncientHumanoid
03-18-2003, 04:15 PM
BrotherCadfae, I am too a Geek! See my 7:18am post.

-----------------

Vivalostwages...

it

was

Goo!

------------------------

I really don't know why I have this sudden obsession with that name... :dubious:

Eternal
03-18-2003, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't quite put any of them up as porkable, as I am of course an asexual DoD supercomputer gone mad from its newfound sentience. But I judge that Crusher, T'Pol, and Kira would be superior in a child-bearind and -rearing capacity.

Gundy
03-18-2003, 04:23 PM
This is rapidly becoming a schtick for me, but I have to say it: Wil Wheaton and Jennifer Love Hewitt were separated at birth.

Balance
03-18-2003, 04:37 PM
1) Ezri Dax
2) Saavik (Robin Curtis version)
3) Ro Laren
4) Keiko
5) Uhura

NCB, this may be the most disturbing thing I've read today.:wally

AncientHumanoid
03-18-2003, 04:40 PM
Kirk (in STIV:TVH - the hospital scene): "Make one little mistake..."

:D

bernse
03-18-2003, 04:50 PM
T'pol - Didn't think much of her at first, but good gawd she is HOT.

Seven was very, very nice.

That early episode of TNG there was that planet of Clones that was dying and they ended up getting together with that band of people that appeared to be a bunch of drunk Irishman or something along those lines. The red-headed woman was HOT too.

I think Hoshi looks like the little boy from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Tars Tarkas
03-18-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by bernse
I think Hoshi looks like the little boy from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

No time for love, Dr. Jones!

JThunder
03-18-2003, 06:00 PM
Vash!

sjc
03-18-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by elf6c
<snip>right now Enterprise is the worst Trek series so that's right in line with the rest of this train wreck of a season. Nice theme song though.

You're kidding me right? I sure hope so.

Not really something I've given much thought, so these rankings are kind of loose. I'm leaving out TOS characters because I haven't watched enough episodes.

1. Jadzia Dax. Competent, cute, and exotic.

2. Bellana Torres. Actually, she may deserve number 1 ranking, but I didn't watch as much voyager as DS9, so I have less of an opinion of her. Definitely hot in my book, purely on looks, but also on what I remember of her character.

3. Ensign Ro. I'm not entirely sure why, but it isn't inexplicable either. Maybe similar to Dax.

4. Hoshi, with a major qualification. Maybe it's the influence of her partisans, but I think she's pretty good looking without the hype. The qualification: she really annoys me at times. Not her fault really, just bad writers. If she was written well I'd have no qualms putting her right at the top.

5. Dr. Crusher. Occasionally I'd find myself annoyed with her, but it was a fleeting thing. One other problem, she was too much of a mother figure for me to really be attracted to her. On that basis she might deserve a much lower ranking but if that was removed from the picture for me she might shoot up the list. Whatever, this is about the right spot I think.

6. Troi. Actually, in many ways she's pretty sexy. However, two things turned me off. One, they tried too hard to make her sexy, not only that they often did a bad job. Two, I don't really understand her. I think for much of the show they didn't develop her character very well. That aside, the voice, the body, the face, mmmmmmmm. Like Hoshi, but less so.

7. Keiko O'Brien. If she got more screen time she'd be higher on the list.

8. Kira. I'm really not sure where to put her, but I'm not really strongly attracted to her. On the other hand there is some attraction and I watched enough DS9 to become engaged with the character, which in this case helps. Crusher and Troi are also hard to place but at the same time they are more conventionally beautiful and I watched TNG more.

9. Kes. I don't really remember her but I checked a site that had pictures and this reminded me of her. I don't really remember much about her personality and her looks do not blow me away. She makes it on the list.

Now there are a few characters who can't really be on a list for basically two reasons. One, if they are basically just eye candy, I'm thinking of T'pol and Seven of Nine. Two, if they're sorta asexual, or at least they don't really do anything for me. Think Guinan or Dr. Pulaski (and I don't mean it in a bad way, I just don't really find these characters attractive).

T'pol is unsettling in my mind, she just looks strange with those big lips and I don't really think she's a very good character. Bad writing, bad acting IMHO.

Seven of Nine is a little better, but still boring to me. I have a confession to make, I didn't really watch Voyager when she was on so I might be a bit unfair towards her. Anyway, she was too "hot" and I got the feeling that she was mostly there to wear tight uniforms. I have the same beef with T'pol.

------------------------
Wow, I just put way too much thought and time into that post. I don't even know if it is very accurate, informative, or interesting. But there you go. I might be forgetting a character that deserves mention, but I'm going to stop now.

Baker
03-18-2003, 07:36 PM
It's not the looks that matter. That being said, I heard one woman make this sour grapes comment about 7 of 9 "There are only two good things about her, and they both fill out her uniform."

As a fellow woman I would of COURSE never find a comment like that remotely amusing. Yea, right, Baker!

For me it would be Picard or Worf, one for the sex and the other for the intellect. but I'm not saying which is which!

peterW
03-18-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Aesiron
Judd's character was Robin Lefler, my number six. :)

Aesiron, I bow down to your Star Trek knowledge. :)

vivalostwages
03-18-2003, 09:12 PM
NoClueBoy's brain

is

filled

with

GOO!

vivalostwages
03-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Hoshi looks much more becoming in those rare episodes when she gets to wear her hair down.

brianmelendez
03-18-2003, 09:17 PM

The metamorph, Kamala.

Achernar
03-18-2003, 10:08 PM
Which makes me weirder, the fact that I've never thought about this, or the fact that now that I am thinking about it, I can't seem to make any judgments? :(

bernse
03-18-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by brianmelendez
The metamorph, Kamala.

Good call.

Ephemera
03-18-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by elf6c
The rest get a big meh. Enterprise has the worst cast on this angle, as Hoshi looks like a little boy

Hmph. I've been told Ezri does too. If that's the case, I'm coming out of the closet right now

Originally posted by Bryan Ekers
Ah, but there are two: the Kirstie Alley one and the Robin Curtis one.

I ranked 'em together intentionally but if I had to choose, it'd be Robin Curtis' portrayal.

Originally posted by vivalostwages
NoClueBoy's brain

is

filled

with

GOO!

So're his pants. He saw Trip in his undies again.

Aesiron, I bow down to your Star Trek knowledge. :)

My life has been validated!

AncientHumanoid
03-18-2003, 11:02 PM
There was an uncredited girl in TNGs show about that metamorph (yes, I agree she was a pretty little girl) who was awesome looking.

The severe looking watcher/keeper/chaparone was, for about 17 seconds, in their stateroom, right before Worf comes in (I think), this ultra cute little blonde. She was giggling and all girlie like. You hardly got a chance to see her before she was El Uggo again, and then a big ol' monster! Yikes!

But... WHO WAS THAT BLONDE?

Was it Goo?

Apollyon
03-18-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by NoClueBoy Tasha's little sister (The tight clothing really helped)
Mmmmm..... Ishara Yar.... mmmmm.... Beth Toussaint (http://us.imdb.com/Name?Toussaint,+Beth)...

I thought when I saw her on ST:TNG that she should (or could) be Linda Hamilton's sister, and was sad that she only appeared the once on Babylon 5 as Anna Sheridan (replaced by Melissa Gilbert).

<sigh> Can't find photo link... well, except for the one offering me famous nude pics, but I won't post that one in Cafe Society. ;)

Wilson
03-18-2003, 11:58 PM
I can't believe no-one has mentioned Marlena Moreau (TOS Mirror Mirror - BarBara Luna).
Two others from the original series - Eve McHuron (Mudd's Women - Karen Steele - "I've never met a paragon of virtue" is one of my favorite lines) and Edith Keeler from City on the Edge of Forever.

Wilson
03-19-2003, 12:07 AM
Marla McGivers! How did I forget Marla McGivers?

Banquet Bear
03-19-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by BrotherCadfael
You guys just aren't anywhere near geeky enough.

Here:

Andrea, the android from "What are Little Girls Made Of?" (Sherry Jackson),

Deela, the accellerated time woman from "Wink of an Eye" (Kathie Browne),

Zarabeth, the woman exiled to the Ice Age in "All Our Yesterdays", (Mariette Hartley)

Dr. Helen Noel, from "Dagger of the Mind", (Marianna Hill)

Roberta Lincoln, from "Assignment: Earth", (Teri Garr)

Carolyn Palmas, from "Who Mourns for Adonis?", (Leslie Parrish)

Philana, from "Plato's Stepchildren" (Barbara Babcock )

...agreed, this thread isn't showing off the geeks enough!!!

Ensign Munro, aka Jana Marie Kupp, from the TNG episode "Disaster"

Julie Cobb, as the Yeoman in "By Any Other Name"

Sito, the lovely Shannon Fill, in the episodes "Lower Decks" and "The Final Duty"...

...may they all rest in peace... :(

brianmelendez
03-19-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by BrotherCadfael
[B]Carolyn Palmas, from "Who Mourns for Adonis?", (Leslie Parrish)
Leslie Parrish was the object of Richard Bach's affection in his tribute to falling in love, The Bridge Across Forever.

BrotherCadfael
03-19-2003, 10:21 AM
Leslie Parrish was also Jocelyn Jordan in The Manchurian Candidate. I'd almost be willing to be snakebit if she would apply "the treatment".

And I'll have to go along with a bunch of the moderns:

Vash
Leah Brahms
Ensign Ro
Jadzia Dax
Ishara Yar
Kamala
Salia
K'lahr

DrDeth
03-19-2003, 01:10 PM
Well, sure, for one shots, there were some real hot babes. The platinum blonde warrior babe in silver lame fomr the "Gamesters of triskelion" or whatever the episode was called come to mind.

But episode after episode, as cast regulars- we have only T'Pol & Seven as "hot babes". As opposed to "good looking women" or "cute chicks".

Hoshi is cute, and maybe the girl you'd want to marry- but NOT a 'hot babe". Same thing for Tasha & Uhura. Maybe Yeoman Rand might qualify as a "hot babe". Troi is a maybe- but more along the lines of "good looking woman". But Dr Crusher? Oedipus might think so..... :D

Ceejaytee
03-19-2003, 01:44 PM
Another from the female persective:

1. Worf--head ridges above anyone else.
2. McCoy--attitude, good looks, killer accent.
3. Sisko--especially after he shaved his head. Mmmm. Hawk [non-Trek Spenser reference].

Mr. Miskatonic
03-19-2003, 04:42 PM
First one to say 'Joan Collins', dies.

AncientHumanoid
03-19-2003, 06:23 PM
I had a Cockney friend who I thought had an Oedipus complex.

Turns out he just didn't like cats.

tracer
03-19-2003, 07:52 PM
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Ensign Tsu from the first season ST:TNG episode "The Arsenal of Freedom".

When that episode first aired, they had to place drool mats all over rec.arts.startrek.

NotTheHamburglar;)
03-19-2003, 09:51 PM
I am Jack's Hamburglar!

AncientHumanoid
03-19-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by NotTheHamburglar;)
I am Jack's Hamburglar!

I know what you're doing.

Go away.

This is my only reply to you.