PDA

View Full Version : Problem: Reply prompt via email

Aankh
04-23-2003, 08:47 AM
i get email notifications for thread replies. my problem is that the link provided in the email never works...i just get an HTTP 500 server error: The page cannot be displayed.

is it my computer or is something wrong at the bulletin board end?

Kat
04-23-2003, 08:03 PM
Hmmm...try copying and pasting one of the URL links here, and we can test it to see if you're getting bad URLs or not.

Aankh
04-23-2003, 08:08 PM
it's really very odd. if you click on it here, it'll work fine, meaning that the URL is fine. however, through my mailbox it refuses to open: HTTP 500 server error.
and note that all other URLs i get sent in my mailbox open just fine.
methinks Outlook Express doth not like SDMB.

-----------
Hello aasna,

Bruce_Daddy has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Question and Answer thread - in the MPSIMS forum of Straight Dope Message Board.

This thread is located at:
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=177291&goto=newpost

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the board again.

Yours,
Straight Dope Message Board team
------------

Q.E.D.
04-23-2003, 09:50 PM
It's not an Outlook Express problem or a SDMB issue, since my email notifications always worked. Try copying and pasting the email link, rather than clicking it.

Kat
04-23-2003, 11:04 PM
Yeah, you're right. It worked fine. It's gotta be something between your email and the link, or between something else about your computer and the link. Weird.