PDA

View Full Version : New Music... (rock/heavy)

NoGoodNamesLeft
06-04-2003, 07:53 AM
I don't often do this, but here's a list of some (mostly) newer CDs I just got my hands on I'd like to recommend.

Trapt
All Systems Go: Mon Chi Chi
Seether: Disclaimer
Stone Sour: Stone Sour

a little older, but worth a listen:

Evanescence: Fallen
Sparta: Wiretap scars
Flaw: Through the eyes
Spineshank: Stricly diesel
RA: From one

ultrafilter
06-04-2003, 09:47 AM
Fallen is a great album. I look forward to what Evanescence does next.

You should check out Into Eternity's Dead Or Dreaming. It's a great metal album, with a somewhat similar style to what you like. It could be very popular here, if it got a chance.

UrbanChic
06-04-2003, 09:56 AM
I like the Trapt, Seether and Stone Sour CDs mentioned in the OP. Audioslave's CD is pretty good, too.

I love Evanescence's Bring Me to Life. My husband said they sound like Linkin Park but with a woman. I laughed.

UrbanChic
06-04-2003, 09:58 AM
Shite, I forgot to mention I *love* Chevelle's latest offering, too. It rocks.

NoGoodNamesLeft
06-04-2003, 10:03 AM
My husband said they sound like Linkin Park but with a woman. I laughed
I was introduced to them as "Linkin Park meets Sarah McLaughlin".

I have Audioslave and Chevelle's latest ones too.

For the really, crazy heavy crowd I offer:

Murderdolls & Flybanger.

I see "Kittie" on my shelf but don't honestly remember it. I'll have ot give it a go again...

World Eater
06-04-2003, 10:17 AM
The new Chimaira is pretty good.

ultrafilter
06-04-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by NoGoodNamesLeft
For the really, crazy heavy crowd I offer:

Murderdolls & Flybanger.

I don't know about Flybanger, but I heard a Murderdolls song once. I guess it's as heavy as anything that gets airplay.

For the really heavy stuff, check out Bolt Thrower, Nile, and Dillinger Escape Plan.

insomnia4AM
06-04-2003, 10:20 AM
I'll put in another vote for Evanescence. I listen to this cd on the way home from work.

NoGoodNamesLeft
06-04-2003, 10:29 AM
Murderdolls is pretty heavy thematically. The music I would put on par with your standard heavy metal.

Flybanger is a little closer to your Slipknot.

Tanaqui
06-04-2003, 10:39 AM
I recommend AFI's Sing the Sorrow. Even though no one in the mainstream has heard of them, it debuted at #5 or so on the Billboard charts because the fans are so... fanatic. We bought like 3 copies each. Feel the love!

And man, I've never heard Evanescence, but I already hate them based on the above description(s).;j