PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever feel like you killed it?

Eilsel
06-29-2003, 12:01 PM
i.e. that you're a thread killer? :)

Please share, your confessions may be posted here. :p

chaoticbear
06-29-2003, 12:32 PM
random moderator's name

This thread is closed.

chaoticbear
06-29-2003, 12:36 PM
wait. That wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. :(

Eilsel
06-29-2003, 12:37 PM
What's sad? Is that I knew what you meant and I chuckled. LOL

KGS
06-29-2003, 12:54 PM
Well, my discussion of "Matrix Theory" resulted in two threadkills (which should have clued me in right there) and three more threads that were eventually locked. So I guess I'm right, most people here are still part of The System, and aren't Ready To Be Unplugged Yet.

And something tells me I just killed this thread, as well. I'm a serial thread-killer!!! :D

chaoticbear
06-29-2003, 12:58 PM
i doubt that... the point of this thread was to discuss such things.

KGS
06-29-2003, 01:01 PM
Well, my discussion of "Matrix Theory" resulted in two threadkills (which should have clued me in right there) and three more threads that were eventually locked. So I guess I'm right, most people here are still part of The System, and aren't Ready To Be Unplugged Yet.

And something tells me I just killed this thread, as well. I'm a serial thread-killer!!! :D

KGS
06-29-2003, 01:08 PM
Oops...sorry for the simulpost.

Eilsel
06-29-2003, 01:11 PM
I was just about to say, maybe you kill threads because you multiple post too much. ROFL

chaoticbear
06-29-2003, 04:38 PM

And something tells me I just killed this thread, as well. I'm a serial thread-killer!!!

chaoticbear
06-29-2003, 04:49 PM
well the adding of my sig was certainly ineffective...

j.c.
06-29-2003, 05:16 PM
Oh, I've probably thread-killed about as often as I've stopped reading a thread because of a post by one of the usual suspects (on my list).

imthjckaz
06-29-2003, 05:30 PM
Thread killing happens.
Life goes on.
Don't worry about it.
I killed many threads.
Didn't mean to.
Just did.
I don't know why.
It might be a conspiracy.
Or something.
Or.
It might be something altogether different.
I don't know.
Oh.
Well.

Chimera
06-29-2003, 05:34 PM
Martyr version

"It's all a conspiracy against me! You people see my name on a thread and you don't want to have anything to do with it!"

Monomania Version

"It's just that my posts are so perfect that no one dares to follow them."

chaoticbear
06-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Another Version

I don't feel like contributing anything useful, so I'll post something that will make everyone else not feel like posting.

urban1a
06-29-2003, 06:25 PM
No, but I've opened several threads which no one responded to. Sometimes I think I'm the invisible poster.

Bob

Eilsel
06-29-2003, 06:29 PM
There's this post above me by urban1z but nothing written....

how odd...

:D

chaoticbear
06-29-2003, 07:55 PM
lol... like this one, urban1z?

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=194242

Eilsel
06-29-2003, 07:56 PM
LOL awwww....

*handing you a glass of wine*

this will make you feel alllllll better.

KGS
06-29-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Eilsel
I was just about to say, maybe you kill threads because you multiple post too much. ROFL Actually, I hardly double-post at all. (Yes, I know you were joking.) I only hit "Submit" twice this time because the first time gave me a "connection refused" error.

And to chaoticdonkey...take the blue pill. Trust me on this, take the blue pill!!!!

:D

Eilsel
06-29-2003, 08:03 PM
Damn! Not the red one???

ACCCCCCCCKKKKKKK

I've been so tempted the past few days to hit the submit button several times. It's been taking forever...

chaoticbear
06-29-2003, 08:49 PM
I guess I'm screwed... I didn't take either. I say no to strangers' candy...

even though they have the best-tasting candy...

Eilsel
06-29-2003, 08:50 PM
What about people you know? You just blindly accept their candy? LOL

chaoticbear
06-29-2003, 09:10 PM
of course. Why would anyone I know want to give me poisoned candy?

Friend: You need a ride to school?
Me: No thanks, I've got my own car.

That didn't end the way you expected it to, with me dieing and such, now did it? Hmm. There's candy laying here. I think I'll eat it. *eat* tastes delicioufsffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

(Uh-oh, it looks like I died and my head landed on the "f".

Eilsel
06-29-2003, 09:18 PM
You must have a really pointy head...

chaoticbear
06-29-2003, 10:31 PM
Even though I'm dead, I'll reply. Try holding down about 5 keys at the same time. Only one will repeat. I guess it should have been something like vcxzaserfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

moejuck
06-29-2003, 10:39 PM
I was just thinking about this today. It's probably all in my head, but it seems like everytime I post, no one else responds. I have also had many failed threads I have started. Maybe I am just too stupid for the SDMB? Any suggestions?

chaoticbear
06-29-2003, 10:42 PM
hijack: How do other people edit their posts? Copy and paste from bottom of page yields:

Forum Rules:You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts HTML code is Off
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off

Banger
06-30-2003, 12:28 AM
While I don't think anything about my posts shows evidence of killing the thread, many times I have posted on an interesting thread, have provided what I thought was good input, and have then seen the thread sink down into oblivion without anyone responding to my post.

I'm sure many posters have encountered this, including more popular posters, who are more likely to elicit a response to their post due to said popularity.

Eilsel
06-30-2003, 08:03 AM
Hey, CD I thought you were dead. LOL I don't know how other people edit their posts, do they? Are you sure? Maybe they just post perfectly the first time! LOL And if the bottom says vb is on, how come I can't use it to post images? HMMM ... verrrrrry peculiar... :D

Mo - I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield. If I see any of your threads going down, down, down, I'll make sure and post :)

Banger - That's happened to me, maybe because I waited too long to get into the discussion and by the time I post, everyone's said what theywanted to say and/or they agree so why counter post?