PDA

View Full Version : Stupid cat threads

Black Train Song
08-19-2003, 12:23 AM
I'm sick and tired of every tom dick and harry talking about his cat on this board as if IT were special. I don't care! Not many people do. They're glorified rodents and I have many examples as to why I think that way.
Thank you for properly naming your thread and all that but get a life! Your cat stories are even more boring on the internet than in person which is barely tolerable. Cats are stupid loafers with little tiny rodent brains.

Shut the fuck up about your cats already and have some children worth mentioning. ...Humans, on which you can attach your pride. Until then, I can give two little cat turds in a litter box about your dumb rodent pet.

I can't believe that's butter!
08-19-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Rooves
[Cats are] glorified rodents.....Cats are stupid loafers with little tiny rodent brains.

Cite?

Lamest rant so far today.

Squink
08-19-2003, 12:28 AM
My cat is twenty one years old. He has orange fur and sharp claws. If he met you, he would use those claws on you.

Venoma
08-19-2003, 12:30 AM
So don't read the threads, ya stinking moron. :)

*cuddles her furry snookum-wookums 1,2 and 3*

TABBY DID THE CUTEST THING TODAY! (oh she just meowed, she wants play) She grabbed the catnip mouse in her front paws and hopped around on her hind legs tussling with it! SHES SO SPECIAL AND CUTE AND SWEET!

InternetLegend
08-19-2003, 12:35 AM
I wuv the kitty stories.

Besides, my kids don't do nearly as many cute things as my cats do, and if I talk about my cats, there's little danger anyone will think I'm bragging and resent me.

I can't believe that's butter!
08-19-2003, 12:37 AM
Awwwww! :D

We'd rather not have a cat for convenience reasons, but they're just so cute all the same! Plus, many cats dislike mice and attack them thusly.

I wish I had one of those cats around about now.

zoogirl
08-19-2003, 12:37 AM
Umm, I really hope you aren't saying you think cats are rodents. I could give you a whole explanation of the difference, but somehow I don't think it's worth the effort.

Oh, and rodents might have tiny brains but intellectually they're capable of some pretty amazing stuff.

By the way, I have both. On the whole, I've seldom met a critter I didn't like. Humans, however...

Guinastasia
08-19-2003, 12:40 AM
Buffy STILL tries to knock my hairbrush off of my dresser. I don't know why she keeps doing it, it's so annoying.

Misty LOVES teasing the puppy. She'll just sit there, out of reach, while Lexie goes apeshit. It's hysterical.

zoogirl
08-19-2003, 12:42 AM
Oh yes, and I have kids, in case you're wondering. Two of them in fact, teenage boys. They're kind of past the cute stage, but I surely am proud of them and I tell that to anyone who'll listen.
There, happy?!

Black Train Song
08-19-2003, 12:43 AM
My cite is this thread. Dumb pets with dumb owners.

Mac Guffin
08-19-2003, 12:47 AM
Well, My cat just submitted a paper for peer review that solves the whole Unified Field Theory thing.

Oh and she was batting around this little tuft of fur, It was sooo cute!

Black Train Song
08-19-2003, 12:50 AM
Cats are no different than dogs: Bred for humans. The only exception is that dogs have a symbiotic relationship with humans, which cats (nor their owners) do not.

Show me a Seeing Eye cat or a drug-sniffing cat. Show me a cat that will track a killer for miles or a rescue cat that saves drowning children. Maybe a bomb cat or a police cat? No? Why?

Because they're filthy rodents that survive because dumb humans impose personalities on them, which they wished their kids possessed.

Guinastasia
08-19-2003, 12:51 AM
Rooves, Gypsy cordially requests that you bite her ass.

Piper Grace has invited you to lick her shitbox.

Noel thinks you're beneath her notice.

Michael Ellis
08-19-2003, 12:52 AM
Cats are no different than dogs: Bred for humans. The only exception is that dogs have a symbiotic relationship with humans, which cats (nor their owners) do not.

Show me a Seeing Eye cat or a drug-sniffing cat. Show me a cat that will track a killer for miles or a rescue cat that saves drowning children. Maybe a bomb cat or a police cat? No? Why?

Because they're filthy rodents that survive because dumb humans impose personalities on them, which they wished their kids possessed.

I agree.

Black Train Song
08-19-2003, 12:53 AM
I'm sure that's exactly what they were thinking. Thank god for their interpreter, you.

Venoma
08-19-2003, 12:53 AM
Why does it bother you so that people enjoy their pets?

No, they're not working animals, other than as ratters, companions and pest control (mine like killing any roaches that ever show up) but we still enjoy them.

Let me guess - you get a dog just to train him to become a tracking, drug-sniffing, rescue dog. Right? Because otherwise, it really doesn't matter. Dogs can't really do much more around the house than cats can.

Guinastasia
08-19-2003, 01:01 AM
Dogs stink, they drool all over the place, and you have to TRAIN them to do their business outside.

Cats, on the other hand, do not smell, do not drool (unless they are old), and the mother cat teaches the kittens to use the litterbox from birth.

I mean, c'mon, not even kids are potty-trained that easily.

Black Train Song
08-19-2003, 01:02 AM
I have a dog, which clearly shows his intention to protect every member of my family. He is worth every scrap of meat I feed him. I love him and my family loves him because we have a reciprocal relationship. He expects from me and I expect from him.

Cats are stupid loafers who benefit only from the cute eyebrows of dogs.
My point is that before now you didn't know I had a dog, or kids or a family. People who go out of their way to discuss their cats frighten me and seem unreasonable. They are probably the same fuckers who steal my empty shopping cart when I'm not looking and the same people who have clear consciences because they recycle their trash.

Venoma
08-19-2003, 01:08 AM
Never mind - you're just a run of the mill idiot.

People love their cats hence they must do X which is completely unrelated... yarrr....

Michael Ellis
08-19-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Venoma
People love their cats hence they must do X which is completely unrelated... yarrr....

Arrr... Ye be a pirate! 'cept that no self-respectin' pirate would own a cat!

Guinastasia
08-19-2003, 01:11 AM
Actually, most would, I'd bet. Cats on a ship were considered good luck, and a lot of sailors wouldn't think of setting food on board unless there was a ship's cat.

In fact, Dowie, the Lusitania's cat deserted right before her fateful last voyage. Many of the crew considered it an ill omen.

Larry Mudd
08-19-2003, 01:14 AM
Yeah, but the Lusitania wasn't a pirate ship.

Cats are hell on pirate ships. They make the parrots nervous and scratch the hell out of wooden legs.

Black Train Song
08-19-2003, 01:15 AM
No. I've had cats.
I took in strays a few times and sometimes I stand in awe of how they can act without teaching from anyone, human or other. Some of my favorite pets were cats. That is not the point of my post.

The point of my post is that somehow people who own dogs seem more able to discriminate between what would be an interesting story and what would be a mouth full of shit. Thatís all.

Black Train Song
08-19-2003, 01:19 AM
"My dog caught a fucking ball today". I think he is Einstein re-incarnated. At least Newton.

Stop trying to make me look stupid and I will do likewise.

Black Train Song
08-19-2003, 01:20 AM
And a thanks to Michael although you may have jumped ship by now (reasonably so).

CrazyCatLady
08-19-2003, 01:23 AM
This is one of the more ridiculous bits of drivel I've ever had the displeasure of reading. Some folks around here spend a lot of time talking about something in their personal lives that's important to them. Oh, the fucking horror. 'Cause, ya know, only fucking hosers talk about stuff that's important to them.

If you don't want to read about other people's cats, DON'T OPEN THE GODDAM THREAD!! See, it's just that easy, jackass.

Of course, we all know that's not really the point of this thread. The point is that you don't like cats, and don't enjoy being around cats, and it offends you that other people take such great and obvious pleasure in their cats. Or maybe you just can't stand people sharing a bright spot in their lives. Either way, it's really pathetic.

As for symbiotic relationships, I have the exact same relationship with my kitties as I do with my dogs. I provide food, shelter, veterinary care, toys, and attention. They shed all over everything I own, produce a lot of shit for me to dispose of, and give me companionship, laughter, and joy. Oh, and Eponine lets me hold her while I fall asleep, my own warm, purring TeddyCat.

Michael Ellis
08-19-2003, 01:26 AM
And a thanks to Michael although you may have jumped ship by now (reasonably so).

Nope. Not yet.

peri
08-19-2003, 01:29 AM
I'm naming my next cat Rooves.

Venoma
08-19-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Michael Ellis
Nope. Not yet.
Should I have you walk the plank?
(I wanna pirate smiley now. YARR!)

Black Train Song
08-19-2003, 01:31 AM
The point is: You don't see dog owners (which I also have a gripe with) posting dumb stories about their dumb pets. All pets are lower in intelligence (except for me, I know) than their human counterparts.

If a human with a half a brain happens by here, I hope it's the thinking half. There are enough web-sites devoted to cute little cat stories. How does that help fight ignorance?

Black Train Song
08-19-2003, 01:33 AM
I'm naming my next bowel movement "Peri".

"Peri-oscope down"

CrazyCatLady
08-19-2003, 01:35 AM
Well, golly, all this time I thought we had entire fora devoted to threads that have nothing to do with fighting ignorance. You know, like this one we're in right now.

Obviously, darlin', you haven't been paying attention. Quite a few of us talk about our doggies a lot.

Guinastasia
08-19-2003, 01:38 AM
Because well, dogs are BORING. They don't really do half of the interesting stuff that cats do.

Black Train Song
08-19-2003, 01:39 AM
I already brought up the fact that they were doing a disservice to themselves. YOU pay attention.

All pets serve a purpose to their owners that the owners might not be willing to deal with. ALL. Cats stand out as lazy and their owners seem over-protective (to me).

Black Train Song
08-19-2003, 01:41 AM
Yes...good. We're getting somewhere. Dogs ARE boring (in stories) and so are cats. Thank you for making my point for me.

Ephemera
08-19-2003, 01:42 AM
I shamelessly read and laugh at almost every cat thread I come across here despite being the sort that usually hates such sacchariney sweet claptrap. Cats are just that cool.

By the way, Squink, I love your post. I'm almost tempted to co-opt it as a signature.

Black Train Song
08-19-2003, 01:45 AM
Do just that as a warning for the rest of us that we're dealing with an unstable person.

Michael Ellis
08-19-2003, 01:47 AM
Should I have you walk the plank?
(I wanna pirate smiley now. YARR!)

Arr, I could use me a bath about now!

Michael Ellis
08-19-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Guinastasia
Because well, dogs are BORING. They don't really do half of the interesting stuff that cats do.

Yes, well nuclear weapons do "interesting" things but I wouldn't want an H-Bomb for a pet.

Zenster
08-19-2003, 01:50 AM
... Dogs can't really do much more around the house than cats can. Bzzzt!!

Wrong! Please try again.

Zen (my wolf-hybrid) is quite capable of gnawing the balls off of anyone stupid enough to break into my home. Piewacket (my cat) would merely cower in terror wishing that he had opposing thumbs to write out my safe's combination, just so the nasty icky thief would go away and stop disturbing his precious nap.

There is a difference.

Ephemera
08-19-2003, 01:51 AM
You're the one that started and are camping out in a thread telling people to get lives after reading threads you're not even interested in and getting offended by people taking pleasure in their pets and I'm the unstable one?

celestina
08-19-2003, 02:00 AM
Oh dear, Rooves, you're making my brain hurt, but I suppose I really shouldn't have opened this thread, now should I have. I'm not certain what cats or stories about cats have to do with your insecurities about your intelligence or the intelligence of others, but I'm concerned for you, hon. So far in this thread you've made unsupportable and downright inaccurate generalizations about cats, dogs, and the folks those animals own. And then you've the utter gall to start spouting off some nonsense about how dog owners know how to tell stories that can educate and/or are more interesting. Both generalizations are utter tripe, and I take issue with you for spouting such ignorance on this board. :mad:

[celestina getting out her virtual paddle and whacking Rooves on his virtual behind]

Anyone with a modicum common sense--and certainly anyone who's ever taken the responsibility of caring for a pet--should realize that each pet just like his/her owner is an individual. Pets come in an array of sizes, shapes, and personalities, and whether or not they can be trained to rescue someone, help a blind person cross the street, or just provide companionship for someone, they are an invaluable resource for learning life lessons. You have no right to sit up here in this thread and tell folks that they can learn nothing of worth in reading stories about cats or any other pets for that matter. In trying to take of pets, I and no doubt plenty of other folks have learned more about personal responsibility, selflessness, creativity, and effective communication to name a few. And, certainly in hearing stories from other pet owners, it is not that difficult to learn plenty about the human condition.

Until you learn to write something that makes some actual sense, I'd suggest you refrain from posting, and/or ask a moderator to close this most unfortunate thread before you further embarrass yourself.

Lynn Bodoni
08-19-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Aesiron
I shamelessly read and laugh at almost every cat thread I come across here despite being the sort that usually hates such sacchariney sweet claptrap. Cats are just that cool.

Same here. I also click on just about every kitty pic link. In fact, I've even saved a few pics to my hard drive.

fizzygoodmakefeelnice
08-19-2003, 07:08 AM
Why?! It's someone else's boring ball of fur.

Miabella
08-19-2003, 07:27 AM
As the owner of two dogs and two cats, I demand that you recant your divisive language. It's people like you who have caused the eons of strife between these two fine species.

EddyTeddyFreddy
08-19-2003, 07:43 AM
Lynn, you like catpix? Cool! Here's a link to my Webshots album full of 'em!

http://community.webshots.com/album/782975

I thought about riposting the more glaring of Roove's logical fallacies, but so many others have already done it, and so well, it would be like beating a dead dog.

My darling Squash FETCHES! And he taught himself how! Isn't that CUTE????? :)

EddyTeddyFreddy
08-19-2003, 07:49 AM
Oh, and fizzygoodmakefeelnice -- what's wrong with looking at other people's catpix? I like to look at pictures of other people's cats because they're lovely, or funny, or striking, or.... And I like to look at other people's horse pictures, even though I own two of my own, and have burned through many rolls of film and memory chips taking pix of them. I like to admire other people's cats and dogs and horses when I meet them in person -- should I restrict my admiration only to my own menagerie? I like going to museums to see paintings and sculptures, too -- should I look only at stuff I've created? Why must one's creatures/kids/whatever be the only things worthy of one's attention? Huh? Huh?

AncientHumanoid
08-19-2003, 07:53 AM
Cats = Rodents.

Huh.

Learn something new every day. ;)

My GF has a seeing eye cat. Lots of fun. I love playing with her pussy.

What?!?

Inaccurate Quoter
08-19-2003, 08:04 AM
I let my cat eat my pussy.

elf6c
08-19-2003, 08:05 AM
Well somebody was desperate for attention weren't they?

Are you basking in it? Does it validate your pathetic existence?

Posting an "anti-cat" thread in the Pit, yeesh talk about your transparent cries for attention.

Hopefully the scornful replies have validated your existance.

_____

Now the 4+ knock-off "versus" threads in Cafe Society, now that's stupid. Still, I developed a handy method for dealing with those inane knock-off threads. I DON'T READ THEM.

But, we know that's not what this is really about, don't we.

AncientHumanoid
08-19-2003, 08:08 AM
Some sort of 1920s style death ray.

Lynn Bodoni
08-19-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by EddyTeddyFreddy
Lynn, you like catpix? Cool! Here's a link to my Webshots album full of 'em!

http://community.webshots.com/album/782975

I thought about riposting the more glaring of Roove's logical fallacies, but so many others have already done it, and so well, it would be like beating a dead dog.

My darling Squash FETCHES! And he taught himself how! Isn't that CUTE????? :)

How many cats do you HAVE? That's a lot of cute kitties! Our Achilles will play fetch. In fact, he initiates the games most of the time...he brings a milk jug ring to my daughter and drops it on her lap. If she's asleep, he drops it on her head until she wakes up. I, personally, think this is hilarious. She doesn't find it quite so amusing when she's reading or sleeping.

jjimm
08-19-2003, 08:27 AM
I really couldn't give a flying monkey's fuckbucket about what whassisname (the hamsters are fucked, and I can't be bothered to go back to the OP to find the poster's name) thinks about cats. Lots of people hate cats. Whoop-de-fucking-doo.

But cats aren't rodents. Did you mean to say "critters" or "vermin"? Rodents are those little vegetarian things with long front teeth. Like rats and er our very own hamsters, in fact. Actually, they're not all little - coypu and capybaras are quite big, innit. But anyway, cats aren't rodents. They're cats. Dubber dubber durr-brain.

kputt
08-19-2003, 08:41 AM
I'm sick and tired of every tom dick and harry talking about his cat on this board as if IT were special.

Well, the cats ARE Special and people LOVE their cats.

They're glorified rodents and I have many examples as to why I think that way.
Cats are stupid loafers with little tiny rodent brains.

You obviously need to go back to school and learn what a rodent is. Cats don't fit into this category.

Thank you for properly naming your thread and all that but get a life! Your cat stories are even more boring on the internet than in person which is barely tolerable.[quote]

This thread is barely tolerable.

[quote]Shut the fuck up about your cats already and have some children worth mentioning. ...Humans, on which you can attach your pride. Until then, I can give two little cat turds in a litter box about your dumb rodent pet.

Again, cats are NOT rodents. No one ever talks about their cat's turds in the litter box.

Cats are loving creatures, and they give plenty of people plenty of company. People without chidlren normally get cats for company. And far as I am concerned, any cat is smarter than you.

If you don't LIKE reading cat threads, DON"T READ THEM!!

Qazzz
08-19-2003, 08:45 AM
Awwwww you guys are so cute! :) I love kitties!

Kitties kitties kitties!

5-HT
08-19-2003, 08:47 AM
It's really not so difficult to avoid reading the threads if they're so bothersome. I agree with you about people who tell endless, mind-numbingly boring stories about their cats though. I work with many people like that. They seem completely unable to understand that I don't care about their precious little furry piss factories. I disagree with your solution though, I don't want to hear peoples stories about their children either.

kputt
08-19-2003, 08:47 AM
My cite is this thread. Dumb pets with dumb owners.

Why don't you look in the mirror?

5-HT
08-19-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Guinastasia

Cats, on the other hand, do not smell,

My roommates cat must not have gotten the memo on that.

Qazzz
08-19-2003, 09:09 AM
Awwwwwww I love the kitty in the sink in EddyTeddyFreddy's photo album. :)

Venoma
08-19-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Zenster
Bzzzt!!

Wrong! Please try again.

There is a difference.
Please spare me your condescending attitude - the guard dog qualifies as a working dog IMHO. Can all dogs fill that criteria? No. I don't see a min pin as being a big deterrant to criminals. You do see where I listed what I considered to be a 'working' function of cats, right? Riiiight.

I was speaking of day to day companionship.

Did you have something to add? Or did you just hop in here to nitpick?

Black Train Song
08-19-2003, 12:17 PM
Ok, I didn't literally mean that cats were rodents. Christ people! Get a hold of yourselves.

Actually, I did state somewhere in this thread that I am able to avoid the "Cat threads" because they're usually properly named.
In fact, I havn't opened one up yet.

Last night I was bored and I know how defensive cat owners can be so I created this thread for some fun.

I do believe dogs are better but I honestly have nothing against stupid cats or their stupid owners.

dalovindj
08-19-2003, 12:19 PM
The point is: You don't see dog owners (which I also have a gripe with) posting dumb stories about their dumb pets. Really? That's funny, cause this statement is 100% incorrect. I can only conclude that you are a foolish simpleton or engaging in one of the least funny examples of hyperbole I've ever seen. To aid you in ridding yourself of this particular bit of ignorance please consult the following list of threads which can be found in the forum for Mundane Pointless Things People Must Share:My dog's blown her chances at an athletic scholarship... (kinda long)

My dog's having knee surgery - TPLO - anyone with experience?

Look! Dogs! In cars!

Whatever happened to dogs with fleas and bladder problems?

The Straight Poop?? Regarding Dogs not Defecation.

Leechbabe: Your dog's name?

Damn, my dog's sick.

Now I know what the dogs are talking about

Dogs barking at cartoon dogs

Why would my dogs lie?

My dogs are idiots!!!

If you have dogs who drink a lot water.......

One of my dogs likes watermelon

HELP! I'm a cat trapped in a dog's body!

I think my dog's been reading the boards...

Philly area dopers...Johnny O and the Classic Dogs of Love

Do little dogs know they are little?

Bearded Collie Dogs

Dopers & Dogs, Dogs & Dopers

Dogs! Woof Arf Woof Aka Best Dog nameSee? Even Dog
owners post stories about their pets. Oh, and one time my cat grabbed a thrown bra from my roomates bedroom while he was getting it on with a cute little honey. The cat proceeded to go up two flights bra in tow, hop onto my bed, and drop it next to me as I sat there reading. That is what you refer to as a "good kitty". Of all the animals known to man, none has been regarded with as much fascination as the cat. The cat's quiet grace, mysterious wisdom, intelligence and perpetual playfulness are always a joy to intelligent humans.

Cats are excellent at controlling their emotions, far better than humans...or dogs. We are more agile than dogs or any other domestic animal for that matter. We are self-sufficient, poised, independent, curious, quiet and exceptionally well built, with parts that wear out only with old age.

Yet for all our sterling qualities, we are frequently misunderstood. We are, by nature, quite different from dogs and also from humans. You see dogs, like humans, are pack animals. Both humans and dogs have developed a reliance upon and enjoyment of the companionship of their own kind. In the process of doing so, a dynamic range of welcoming, or "come closer' body language has evolved. Humans smile and wave; dogs look alert, drop their ears back and wag their tails. I'm reminded of the old joke, "dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later." There's a lot of truth to the joke...we love you humans, but we refuse to be "owned." So, to sum up: I burning your dog!

DaLovin' Dj

kputt
08-19-2003, 12:22 PM
Cats aren't stupid and neither are their owners.

Gravity
08-19-2003, 12:25 PM
They're glorified rodents and I have many examples as to why I think that way.
[...]
Cats are stupid loafers with little tiny rodent brains.

No, dear. That's the ferrets. Miss Chan and Monk. The cat is Darien, a ball of pure evil, I tells ya.

ArtyDooDoo
08-19-2003, 12:32 PM
Last night I was bored and I know how defensive cat owners can be so I created this thread for some fun.

Hmm...

dalovindj
08-19-2003, 12:45 PM
Right?

I'll feed my cats, but I'll not feed the OP again.

Black Train Song
08-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Feed your cat....to a dog. I was kidding. Cats are not stupid. Cat owners are not stupid.

I like cats. I'm going to run out and buy some right now.

Guinastasia
08-19-2003, 02:05 PM
Aaaawww...cute kitty pictures!!!

Wait-so this was just to get a reaction?
Um, don't we have a name for someone who does that?

Lynn Bodoni
08-19-2003, 02:14 PM

This is called "trolling", or "being a jerk". Do it again and you're banned.

Lynn
For the Straight Dope

sperfur
08-19-2003, 02:28 PM
Lynn, have I told you today that I love you? 'Cuz I do.

Catz rule! :p

NailBunny
08-19-2003, 02:32 PM
Quote from the OP:

Shut the fuck up about your cats already and have some children worth mentioning. ...Humans, on which you can attach your pride.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, because nothing is worth having pride over unless it's another crying human mouth to feed in this already psychotically overpopulated world.

Way to use your brain there, you crack smoking Ewok.

Man, my cat could whip the shit out of you and any bastard children you have "worth mentioning".

Dung Beetle
08-19-2003, 02:44 PM
I got two kittens recently and I didn't feel like starting my own thread to tell y'all about it. In case you didn't care, or something.:) But since the kitty people are reading this thread...
One's a gray tabby and one's a brown tabby. I had the hardest time naming them until I got out a baby name book, and chose one name meaning "brown" and another name meaning "gray", and came up with Bruno and Lloyd. Sounds like a pair of bumbling criminals, doncha think? As a conservative estimate, they spend 90% of their time biting each other. I'm looking forward to the time they become dignified old lap-warmers.

sperfur
08-19-2003, 03:12 PM
I bet they're cute! When you get some pics, post them to the kitty pics thread. I'd love to see them.

EddyTeddyFreddy
08-19-2003, 03:16 PM
Lynn, you rule!

The cats in my album aren't all my current herd. Some are, as John Cleese would say, ex-cats. Such as Tribble, Beastie, Tiger....

The current roster consists of three black females: Sophie and Sylvia (sisters) and Serena (paranoid feral slowly learning to trust); and five, count 'em, FIVE orange tiger boyos: The Giganto Brothers, EddyTeddyFreddy, plus the Wee Veggie Brothers, Squash and Pumpkin.

I did have a small tortie named Patches (how original, eh?) but she couldn't take being predated by the Giganto Boys and had to be relocated to the Plaything Protection Program, a/k/a a friend's barn, where she is now happily burrowed into the hay piles and safe from further harassment.

EddyTeddyFreddy
08-19-2003, 03:20 PM
Sperfur: Where's the kitty pix thread? Link, please? Thanks!

sperfur
08-19-2003, 03:24 PM
Kitty pics! (http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=204759)

badmana
08-19-2003, 03:32 PM
HA HA! An anti-kitty thread turns into a kitty picture swaping thread. What an ironic hijack!

Ephemera
08-19-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Inaccurate Quoter Originally posted by Aesiron
I let my cat eat my pussy.

I rock.

Not only have I been graped by The Grapist, I'm one of three to have been inaccurately quoted by Inaccurate Quoter. Awww, yeah.

capybara
08-19-2003, 05:42 PM
Can we talk about our dear clever parrots? MINE can get through an almond shell with HIS BEAK! He uses TOOLS and has TWO opposable thumb-like thingies. He talks, too.

AncientHumanoid
08-19-2003, 05:53 PM
My pet rock rocks!

LookitMe
08-19-2003, 05:57 PM
Years ago on tv I saw a cat who could feed itself using a pair of chopsticks. They interviewed the owner: a woman who taught the cat to do that.

I'll see if I can dig it up somewhere on the Internet, but it was years ago on a local tv show in the Bay Area.

The13thUnicorn
08-19-2003, 06:01 PM
So since I don't have kids I think it is perfectly legit to talk about my two fluffballs. They are and will be the only babies I have for a long time. James Bond and Han Solo, are both currently on our bed protecting my husband who got back from surgery yesterday, they will only leave to eat and use the litter box. Han purrs almost constantly and I think it speeds healing, which makes my cats useful!;)

LookitMe
08-19-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by LookitMe
Years ago on tv I saw a cat who could feed itself using a pair of chopsticks. They interviewed the owner: a woman who taught the cat to do that.

I'll see if I can dig it up somewhere on the Internet, but it was years ago on a local tv show in the Bay Area.

*rarrrrrrr!* The only thing I could find using a google search was this (http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/05/31/1054177765806.html). There's a tiny mention of a cat eating with chopsticks.

Guinastasia
08-20-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by NailBunny
Quote from the OP:

Yeah, because nothing is worth having pride over unless it's another crying human mouth to feed in this already psychotically overpopulated world.

Way to use your brain there, you crack smoking Ewok.

Man, my cat could whip the shit out of you and any bastard children you have "worth mentioning".

Okay, now this post was just uncalled for.

We do NOT insult Ewoks, okay? Ewoks rule. And they'd kick this guy's ass.

YUB YUB!!!

Ephemera
08-20-2003, 12:44 AM
Ewoks are overgrown Tribbles.

Q.N. Jones
08-20-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Dung Beetle
I got two kittens recently and I didn't feel like starting my own thread to tell y'all about it.

Oh, me too! I got two kitties a couple of months ago, and I even let one of them (Oedipuss Rex) post on this board sometimes. (I don't want to link to that long boring thread but it was about cell phone rage. Rex really hates cell phones.)

One's a gray tabby and one's a brown tabby. I had the hardest time naming them until I got out a baby name book, and chose one name meaning "brown" and another name meaning "gray", and came up with Bruno and Lloyd. Sounds like a pair of bumbling criminals, doncha think?

Aww! So snoogly woogly cute! My kitties are Oedipuss Rex, who is a gray boy tabby, and Cosmic Creepers, who is an all black girl kitten with just a few white hairs on the tip of her tail and her bodice.

I love the names Bruno and Lloyd and I definitely think it sounds like a couple of bumbling crooks. Maybe even serial biters. :)

My kitties spend a lot of time grooming each other and chasing each other around the apartment. Their favorite game is called Hot Pursuit, Fiery Death, and involves chasing each other down the long hallway, skidding out, and smashing into the closet door at the end.

Rex, strangely enough, thinks he's a dog. He comes when he's called by name (Rex! C'mere, boy!) and licks faces to show affection.

C.C. is very independent, but she's sweet.

As for the OP, well, it's idiotic. If some people enjoy stupid stories about cats, what's it to you? I think watching sports is a pointless stupid boring waste of time, but I don't mind if other people enjoy them because it rarely, if ever, affects me. Get a life, you old curmudgeon!

Zenster
08-20-2003, 01:54 AM
Yet another completely avoidable tragedy comes to pass for want of qualified aversion therapy. Perhaps Lynn's suggestion will serve as an adequate substitute.

PS: Venoma, did you notice how I also own a cat? Try to imagine why.

Lynn Bodoni
08-20-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by capybara
Can we talk about our dear clever parrots? MINE can get through an almond shell with HIS BEAK! He uses TOOLS and has TWO opposable thumb-like thingies. He talks, too.

I really think that birds need their own thread. I enjoy birds, but I refuse to keep birds and cats in one household.

AfterAugust
08-20-2003, 02:58 AM
I was going to write something completely different. Good think I read the second page.

Rooves, right at first, your supposed hatred towards cats seemed a bit aggressive and over the top. The only people I've heard talk like that are the imbred little ass munchers in my old neighborhood who would stick fire crackers up cats asses and blow them up for fun. So, that's what made me mad and I was going to post accordingly.

I don't care if there are people who don't like a certain animal, but I do if harm to animals is involved.

Glad to know that you were just being lame and messing with people.

techchick68
08-20-2003, 03:03 AM
Rooves,

I gather a cat would be smart enough to know that you have little intelligence.

Cat stories or not....when I had to put my Sam (a HUGE orange tabby down in Sept of 2000) my friends and so many Dopers came to give me a lot of wonderful, thankful and heartfelt condolences about it.

As said, if you don't like em, don't fucking read them.

For fuck's sakes. You seem to be posting this rant to see what kind of people will post about this...I call this baiting....if you don't care to respond, FUCKING DON'T....but for one second, think about your need for attention or your need to be an ass and understand that bullshit like this is just as fucked up if you substituted the word cat for child as many of us have animals (I have a a rat and a cat currently, lost two cats and a dog from May to July) because they mean something to us.

People like you that have to rant about such BULLSHIT really piss me off.

I lost my Niki (a cat of 16 years in June), I lost my Kodi (a chow/shep/lab mix) in July, and I lost another cat in July, Max because of failing health we could not pin point.

You sir or miss are fucked in the head.....cat, dog, rat, hamster, pig, bird, snake, turtle, gerbil, etc... go on with it...if it's your animal and most likely your "kid" and he/she dies....the mom or dad (yes I use those terms as I will not have children) will have grief.

YOU FUCKING SUCK ASS. I hate people like you. You seemingly have no compassion for other people when our hearts go out to those we love and many times and more and more, this means our pets.

I hope you get a lightning bolt if you cross the rainbow bridge with that attitude.

My Monty has never, ever been an asshole of a cat. He is now sleeping beside my chair waiting for me to get up and go to bed. He will, when I go to bed, snuggle me and "knead" me as he loves me.

Dude, I am disappointed that you are a cat hater but as one that loves all animals, I have to take that further and think I have no respect for you for your blanket statement.

Each animal, regardless of species is special....Especially when they can show love and like my Monty, meow like the cows left town when I come home from an extended evening away...you sir suck ass.

You are a sad little being.

EddyTeddyFreddy
08-20-2003, 06:54 AM
***I enjoy birds, but I refuse to keep birds and cats in one household.***

Uh, Lynn, not to belabor the obvious, but without major security measures, that situation would most likely correct itself fairly quickly. Balance of nature and all that, ya know. ;)

Dung Beetle
08-20-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Q.N. Jones

Hot Pursuit, Fiery Death

So that's what that game is called!:p

I'm glad you like Bruno & Lloyd; they nearly wound up being called Mold & Mildew because they could always be found behind the toilet. They're not so shy anymore.

I like your cats' names too!

elf6c
08-20-2003, 07:25 AM
Ewoks are overgrown Tribbles.

Actually they are undergrown Wookies. And they taste like chicken.

;)

Muffin
08-20-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Rooves Stop trying to make me look stupid

You are doing quite well at making yourself look stupid without anyone's help.

ChunkyLover53
08-20-2003, 08:38 AM
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

EddyTeddyFreddy
08-20-2003, 10:12 AM
Muffin? I had a real cool cat named Muffin! :D

Qazzz
08-20-2003, 12:41 PM
I had a cat that I named Smuffin for a few days. But then we changed it to Girl Cat.

Bippy the Beardless
08-20-2003, 12:57 PM
But... would you shave your pet cat or a drowning Muffin?

rinni
08-20-2003, 01:10 PM
I love cats AND dogs. Pretty much equally, and for different reasons. :D

May be off topic, but Squink is an appropriate screen name for a poster to this thread - my friends have a cat named Squinks. She's so cute. :)

EddyTeddyFreddy
08-20-2003, 01:42 PM
Bippy, Bippy -- how could you even suggest shaving a cat? Ever taken a good look at that hairless breed of feline? EEE-YUK!!! (With apologies to fanciers of same.) It wouldn't be much use to shave a drowning muffin either -- the thing would just disintegrate. :p

Quazz would be a great name for a cat. But is it pronounced "kwaaahhhz" or "kwaz" (as in spaz)?

lieu
08-20-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by RoovesCats are stupid loafers who benefit only from the cute eyebrows of dogs.
My point is that before now you didn't know I had a dog, or kids or a family. People who go out of their way to discuss their cats frighten me and seem unreasonable. They are probably the same fuckers who steal my empty shopping cart when I'm not looking and the same people who have clear consciences because they recycle their trash.I realize this is maybe a day or so old. I also see that many of your bizarre statements were meant to troll for replies. But to your comment above, might I offer just a great fucking big "Huh?"

EddyTeddyFreddy
08-20-2003, 02:18 PM
(Sigh) That's what happens when libraries let the derelicts off the street use their computers.

Q.N. Jones
08-20-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Dung Beetle
I'm glad you like Bruno & Lloyd; they nearly wound up being called Mold & Mildew because they could always be found behind the toilet.[/B]

Man, what is it about kittens and hiding behind the toilet? Rex practically roosts back there. I'm always tempted to go hang out behind their litter box and see how much they like it!

I'm not sure that "Hot Pursuit, Fiery Death" is the actual kitty term for that game, but it's definitely what it looks like.

It starts out with Rex chasing C.C. down the hallway at full speed. About 2/3 of the way down, Rex tries to come to a dead halt to avoid smashing into the door himself and goes skidding out of control, often rolling over several times before coming to a stop. C.C., however, has not enough time to react to him breaking off the chase, and skids out, smashing into the back door.

Then C.C. gets up, unfazed, and turns the tables on Rex, getting him to smash into the closet door at the other end.

Don't even get me started on "Throw Pillows Must Die." (or Candles, or House Plants) Interior decorating and kittens do not mix.

Oh, and as of last night, any time my kitties are bad, I now tell them, "C'mon, Rex, stop being a Roovesy!" :p

Black Train Song
08-20-2003, 08:31 PM
To those of you who've had a sense of humor about it, thanks you. I enjoyed the responses.

I even enjoyed the ones where I was insulted a multitute of times.

Instead of replying individually (because the library is about to close, wink wink) I will just stick to sweeping generalizations which I'm so good at.

I like cats. I took in a stray once and he was one of the best animals I've ever had. I like most dogs and some people. I've never blown up any type of animal. I installed four bird-houses just outside my house and get along well with my neighbors.

I think humor is a good thing and for future reference it's fine to make fun of anything I post wheter it was meant to be funny or not.

Like I said, I was just being childish when I made the thread but I don't apologize. If nobody responded it would've disappeared off the page rather quickly which is what I expected anyway.

Squink
08-20-2003, 09:02 PM
Fair enough. My cat'd probably still go after you if he met you, but that's just the way he is sometimes.

Muffin
08-20-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Bippy the Beardless
But... would you shave your pet cat or a drowning Muffin?

We both wear out PFDs, and I need a shave: http://my.tbaytel.net/culpeper/ShipsCat.html

Guinastasia
08-21-2003, 12:01 AM
Buffy's favorite game is Knock Mommy's Hairbrush Off of Her Vanity at 11:30 PM. I'm usually still up, so it doesn't bother me, but it makes enough noise to possibly wake up everyone else.

And then when I move the hairbrush, she goes for my curlers. *sigh*

Misty likes to fake people out by crying and sounding all affectionate-then running away when you go to pet her.

Piper Grace has yet to learn that a black cat should not sleep at the bottom of the steps where people cannot see her. She also loves her tennis balls that belonged to our late Westie. She keeps them inside the lower part of her Kitty Kondo, and for some reason, is not content with just pulling one of them out-she has to pull all four of them out at once. And knock them around in the middle of the night when my mother was sleeping downstairs because of the new puppy.

Ms Macphisto
08-21-2003, 12:37 AM
Muffin, that's so cute, but I can't imagine getting a cat to stay still for that (either the PFD or staying on a boat).

My very first cat liked to wake me up by sticking its face in mine. Do you have any idea what it's like to open your eyes and have this big black furry face filling your entire field of vision? That same cat enjoyed wandering through the house serenading us at 6 am. There must have been some Siamese somewhere in his background because he had that yowl...also not a pleasant way to wake up.

Black Train Song
08-21-2003, 12:12 PM
Keep it up and consider this a warning that I'll pay a visit to your CAT threads. Don't think I won't.
I will shatter your fragile, fluffy eco-system of heartwarming wholesome feline goodness like a pitbull in a kitten shop, fuckers.

Kalhoun
08-21-2003, 01:08 PM
Mew Mew
Fuck Yew
Go Eat Some
Cat Poo.

Signed,
Kalhouns little softies

DeskMonkey
08-21-2003, 01:11 PM
Rooves, my cat hates you. I have proof.

http://www.mycathatesyou.com/newlist.asp?CatName=dot_100902

Black Train Song
08-21-2003, 01:15 PM
So, when does pre-school start up again poopy boy?

Black Train Song
08-21-2003, 01:26 PM
THAT is a cool looking cat Monkey.

Do you own all of those cataloged, alphabetized kitties in that enormous database of pictures? Or just that one cat?
See what I mean? What kind of people gain pleasure from looking at picture after picture in a photo album of cats they never had the occasion to meet?

If that database were naked women Iíd eventually tire of looking at it before I could finish it.

Perhaps Iím wrong about the association between cat owners and unstable ďmissing linkĒ type people but one canít help but shudder at the coincidences.

danceswithcats
08-21-2003, 04:13 PM
I know not from under what rock you've crawled Rooves, but strongly suggest that you return to that same subterranian domain, such that you can continue to commune with other like type creatures.

Leave the light and air to the cats and the cool people that appreciate kittydom.

The paws that refreshes. :D

Black Train Song
08-21-2003, 04:40 PM
Kittydom? Yes, then one day you and a cat could cross-breed and eventually rule the world! MMMUUUUHHHHHAAAA HAAAAA HAAAA!

I'd venture a guess that you've had at least one nervous break-down in your life. Don't rub the kitty to hard or you'll pull his hair out.

Muffin
08-21-2003, 04:42 PM
The silly boy tried to start an anti-cat rant thread and ended up with page after page of positive cat posts. Must be rough being subverted by kitties.

Blonde
08-21-2003, 04:57 PM
Rooves, keep it up and my black cat will squash you like a bug! Just like this:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/psvaughan/vwp?.dir=/pics&.dnm=summer2003+015.jpg&.view=t

Be afraid.

Black Train Song
08-21-2003, 05:36 PM
Um, yeah. Okay.

Muffin, it just goes to show you the apparent consideration non-cat owners must have for NOT hi-jacking your wonderful cat threads and how ignorance, shown by the hi-jacking of this thread by cat owners, must run rampant among cat owners.
I admit that it's not entirely a scientific observation but again, I shudder at the coincedence.

CanvasShoes
08-21-2003, 06:22 PM
Rodents????? Okay, I'm not a huge cat fan, (not that I'd ever post a rant against them).

But, you just blew what tiny shred of credibility you MIGHT have had out the window with that bit of idiocy.

(ps, before 10,000 felines get sicced on me and my hapless puppy, "not crazy about them" as in "wouldn't own one but think those owned by other people are neat :D)

Black Train Song
08-21-2003, 06:29 PM
Credibility in what respect? As a human being? That seems harsh.

CanvasShoes
08-21-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Q.N. Jones
[Don't even get me started on "Throw Pillows Must Die." (or Candles, or House Plants) Interior decorating and kittens do not mix.[/B]
Laughing myself sick!!!

That phrase just SO made me picture a kitten and a throw pillow.

CanvasShoes
08-21-2003, 07:03 PM
Credibility in what respect? As a human being? That seems harsh.
Well, prior to reading your posts I would have just said credibility insofar as having more than half a brain.

Now that I've seen your posts, I'd have to say that no, not as a human being........exactly, but, based on your posts here, credibility as more than a neanderthal.

Okay, now it's your turn to bat back some lame attempt at an insult. So far you're 0 for 0 in coming up with one with any originality or intelligence, but heck, there's always a first time.

Black Train Song
08-21-2003, 07:56 PM
You must not know how to read, CantaffordShoes.

Over and over again you knuckheads insist on insulting my intelligence. Why is that? Is it that you want other LESS intelligent people to read YOUR post and abide by your opinion?

I'm using the same language the rest of you are. My sentences are at the very least legible, aren't they? I am unintelligent to you simply because itís a convenient, run of the mill depreciating and very unoriginal insult. It is YOU that is unable to come up with an intelligent, original insult. Your post is no different that the rest of them. Get someone to read them to you then get back to me.

In fact, I think youíre impressed with the tongue-lashing Iíve been giving these saps and you feel left out.

Now go get some real shoes.

Black Train Song
08-21-2003, 08:02 PM
Also, anyone who calls a person unintelligent should immediately be suspected as disingenuous because not only is the insult usually unfounded, it is also (and more so) a way of insinuating that youíre of greater intelligence to be able to be sure of such a thing.

Itís downright self-serving.

lisacurl
08-21-2003, 08:09 PM
Cats are rodents? This may be one of more unintentionally hilarious rants I've seen in some time.

Bugnorton
08-21-2003, 08:41 PM
www.mycathatesyou.com and your sister eats asparagus

Q.N. Jones
08-21-2003, 08:45 PM
This morning, I woke up with a "rodent" in my bed. It had cuddled up in my arms and started licking my face. It was making a curious rumbly sound deep in its throat. It was about four pounds, had whiskers and big pointy ears, and gray stripey fur with a long matching tail.

I've noticed it around the apartment for awhile, but for the most part, it kept to itself and didn't bother me. It seems to like playing with long pieces of string and anything that makes a rustling or jingling noise, though.

Should I call an exterminator???

CanvasShoes
08-21-2003, 08:55 PM
Also, anyone who calls a person unintelligent should immediately be suspected as disingenuous because not only is the insult usually unfounded, it is also (and more so) a way of insinuating that youíre of greater intelligence to be able to be sure of such a thing.

Don't stop with just two posts roovesy dear, you haven't quite convinced me (or is it yourself you're trying to convince?).

Blonde
08-21-2003, 09:05 PM
Um, yeah. Okay.

Muffin, it just goes to show you the apparent consideration non-cat owners must have for NOT hi-jacking your wonderful cat threads and how ignorance, shown by the hi-jacking of this thread by cat owners, must run rampant among cat owners.
I admit that it's not entirely a scientific observation but again, I shudder at the coincedence.

Make up your mind, man!

Have you a) started the thread to troll for backlash or b) hate cat owners who start cute cat threads?

You can't have it both ways, you know.

Zenster
08-22-2003, 02:24 AM
You must not know how to read, CantaffordShoes ... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that intentionally misspelling a member's user name in a denigrating way is looked down upon hereabouts. Rooves, you may wish to back away from the computer and take a breather. You've already had one warning shot across the bow. This thread doesn't seem to be doing you any good.

Muffin
08-22-2003, 07:46 AM

Actually, with some folks it's pretty hard to resist.

Now normaly I would tend to think that a person who either deliberately trolls or hates pet cats or both must be thick as a brick.

But I should take care not to hastily assume that you are a dummy, for it could be that you are simply maladjusted.

My guess is that you are both stupid and maladjusted. I expect that your future posts will confirm this.

elf6c
08-22-2003, 08:04 AM
He's melting, melting . . . .

Black Train Song
08-22-2003, 08:58 AM
Zenster, I don't even own a boat. Not even a canoe.
Who warned me about what? Am I violating some type of rule by using play on words with regards to someoneís moniker?

Elf, although it's very hot today I am not in fact melting. Thanks for the concern though.

Blonde (ahem), although I do not hate cats specifically and probably embellished a little in my description of them I must say that there is something that strikes me odd about cat owners. I know it's a sweeping statement that doesn't apply to every single cat owner.
It is true that there are also dog owners and parents who can be just as annoying about their relationships with said mammal. For some reason Cat owners in particular seem to wear on my patience the most. It is possible that I somehow have a lower tolerance for cat owners or, more likely, Cat owners are slightly more annoying that the rest of the group.

I'm sure it did not help my case to go into why cats are worse than dogs but it does not take away from the fact that cat owners appear to be more mentally fragile and easily set of than others among that group. Iím sure this gives you plenty of ammo for your next response.

Thud Muffin, as explained above I wasnít exactly trolling for I do harbor some ill feelings toward cat owners. I just donít harbor them to the extent that youíd like. The reason I backed away was because you guys seem to be an all or nothing group. I mention my distaste for cats and explain why and some poster has me sticking fire crackers up a catís ass and eventually moving on to a career in serial killing. Itís not my fault that most of you canít seem to discern that sane middle ground out there that might not be where you stand.

Maladjusted in regards to what? Cats (and dogs) were not naturally intended to be human pets.

ArtyDooDoo
08-22-2003, 09:25 AM
the fact that cat owners appear to be more mentally fragile and easily set of

You are either an asshole or are still doing what you were told not to. Which is it?

BTW you suck my fat cats squishy turd.

heresiarch
08-22-2003, 09:28 AM
You know, I almost posted something about my rabbit being a glorified rodent. I wonder where I got the idea that rabbits are rodents. They're Lagomorphs.

Oh, according to Wikipedia (http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit) , it seems that rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus) were classified in the order Rodentia until 1912, then reclassified.

Now I feel like annoying Rooves by telling you all about something really cute my rabbit did.

Um.

Well, he hasn't chewed through a headphone cord in over a week. dumb rodent

Black Train Song
08-22-2003, 09:41 AM
You are either an asshole or are still doing what you were told not to. Which is it? Dear Mister Doo Doo (no need to change that one), I was told not to do what by whom ?
Be more specific Doo Doo boy.

Dear Heresifart, You couldn't possibly annoy me with a rabbit story. What an exotic pet you have. Do try to tell us more. Rabbits can make sensible pets too because when you get them nice and plump you can eat them.

Black Train Song
08-22-2003, 09:45 AM
Oh, and Zenster: As chance would have it I'm taking my kids canoing today (rental) so hopefully you were speaking in a figurative sense and not threatening me with bodily harm. Then again, how could you know? I almost took what you said and twisted it to my satisfaction. Good thing I caught myself.

Blonde
08-22-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Lynn Bodoni

Lynn
For the Straight Dope

Rooves, this is known as a warning. And, it is the "warning shot across the bow" that Zenster referred to. I do hope that clears up any confusion you may have had on the issue.

elfje
08-22-2003, 10:43 AM
cats aren't rodents.
they're predators

sheesh

jjimm
08-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by elfje
cats aren't rodents.
they're predators

sheesh

:rolleyes: Hey elfje! How're you doing?

(Sorry for hijack).

Bongmaster
08-22-2003, 11:13 AM
Why does it bother you so that people enjoy their pets?

Because he's one of those flaming idiots that have no soul, no heart, no empathy, and no idea what he's missing.

Black Train Song
08-22-2003, 01:14 PM
I admitted that I wasn't really trolling. That I in fact meant what I was saying but backed off because so many people got funky all at once. I'm sure Lynn takes it back.

To start with, I posted a legitimate topic in the correct location. Whether you agree with the original post or not its too entailed to merely just be trolling. I didn't sit there and think that whole thing up just to start a fight. A few people even agreed with me.

People who troll are usually the same type who do nothing but insult others as many of you have done to me. My OP was not pointed at one particular person but at a cross section of the population. I've been using insults toward those people who felt the need to contribute nothing to the topic but to point out how much brain matter I might be missing.

All things being equal, these people should be warned.

If anybody wants to split hairs the we could conclude that everyone posts topics as a means of self affirmation? I highly doubt it.

I understand why I was warned (although I didn't know that I had been until just now). It was in response to something I said. I retracted that before I knew I was warned.

Zenster, for you to imply that I must now roll over because I have been warned one time is, well...stupid. Should I be banned for standing my ground in the pit?? Grow a set pal.

Your new friend, Unga Bunga

Black Train Song
08-22-2003, 01:18 PM
Bongmaster, It is no doubt that you have chosen the appropriate user name. Stop being a computer chair psychologist and assuming the whole of my being on what minuscule information you have to work with. Itís more presumptuous than my OP.

ArtyDooDoo
08-22-2003, 01:55 PM
I'm sure Lynn takes it back.

Are you for real?

EddyTeddyFreddy
08-22-2003, 02:05 PM
Rooves, I wouldn't take Lynn's silence since her last message to be acceptance of what you're doing. She's in the hospital and has other things to worry about right now. There's a sticky concerning what's up with her on "About This Message Board."

Black Train Song
08-22-2003, 02:10 PM
Are you for real? No

I hope that doesn't get me banned.
It's what some might call "a joke".

Krisfer the Cat
08-22-2003, 02:55 PM
have some children worth mentioning. ...Humans, on which you can attach your pride.

Have one child and FIVE cats.

Good hell idiot if its that bad don't read the threads. Even my seven year old HUMAN CHILD understands that concept.

Krisfer the Cat
08-22-2003, 03:05 PM
[total hijack]

celestina I glanced at your info as I was reading.. swear to god I read you "have BIG pants.."

Totally forgot what a jackass the Op was..

Thanks for the best laugh I have had today!

[end hijack]

Black Train Song
08-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Dear KrisfertheTroll,

Idiot and a jackass?....You somehow are a better person than I but feel the need to call me names? What did I call you personally?

I would say that you're just a "Jerk"and a "troll". Nothing to contribute but insults. Good thing I have a thick skin.

Meow,

Rooves

Krisfer the Cat
08-22-2003, 03:47 PM
*swoon*

ummm its okay for you to call me and other pet owners names?
Well at lest I have never started a troll thread insulting people just because I was freakin BORED!

So want to hear about my 5 cats, 2 dogs, 1 lizard ( he's Joe Cool) and 1 fish...
Or I could bore y'all with stories about my son.. nah... I think I'll go read some more in my book on ancient Egypt.

:D

Black Train Song
08-22-2003, 04:01 PM
No, but the book sounds interesting. So does the lizard.

See, dicrimination at work.

I wasn't trolling. I hate cat threads more than ever now. At the time, I thought I could possibly make you guys see the light. But now I've had to change my idealistic ways.

Krisfer the Cat
08-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Amun only know WHY I am answering. But...

What did you expect? Had my son tried to change my mind by that tantrum method I would have sent him to bed. Perhaps if you hadn't been so rude, and yes I was rude as well I had been thinking I was too hard on you until you called me a troll, people would have been receptive. But truly it boils down to you don't want to know don't read.

ArtyDooDoo
08-22-2003, 04:50 PM
Rooves, Zenster, a long time poster, has given you some advice re: changing peoples names. You have disregarded this and continue to try your best to be offensive.

You've changed a number of peoples names including mine:

thud muffin
mr. doo doo
doo doo boy
heresifart
krisferthetroll

You, like myself, are a newbie. Although you've been blathering far more than I have, we registered approximatly the same time. When you are a newbie it is imperative that you follow the rules and etiquitte of the board so as not to make a legion of enemies or get banned. You fail miserably to recognise this and carry on your merry way making enemies left and right.

For the record, you shithead, I'm a woman.

Thylacinewas taken
08-22-2003, 06:54 PM
Hehehe, I think it's great how everyone took this opportunity to tell more cute cat stories!!!;)
And the pictures I saw are also so cute!
I never get sick of cat stories and pictures!

tavalla
08-22-2003, 07:04 PM
I admitted that I wasn't really trolling. That I in fact meant what I was saying but backed off because so many people got funky all at once. I'm sure Lynn takes it back.

Careful. Backflipping like that without proper warmup can leave you with severe back strain. Wouldn't want you to injure yourself. And, just while you're channelling other people, could you put me in touch with my grandfather please? He died in 1972, and I'd really like to get to know him better.

I understand why I was warned (although I didn't know that I had been until just now).

So, you read this...

Originally posted by Lynn Bodoni

Lynn
For the Straight Dope

...and you somehow manage to interpret it as being not 'warning' in any sense?

Wow.

Blonde
08-22-2003, 07:44 PM
tavella, it seems that the warning flashed by him (despite all the posters that chimed in to thank Lynn.) I think he skipped over that part of the thread, or perhaps is so new he didn't recognize her name....

Don't you just hate train wrecks that could have been prevented?

Black Train Song
08-22-2003, 09:31 PM
Thats right. I don't pay particular attention to who is a moderator/administrator and who is not. That's more than likely why it slipped by because in addition to my warning, a slew of armchair quarterbacks decided to warn me as well.

In an effort to help your moderator maybe you guys could keep the warnings to them.

As I have stated before, I understand that my being warned was a direct result of something I said so I don't hold any kind of grudge.

That being said, I can't help but notice the huge quantities of asskissing that goes on around here. It's not only member-moderator but newbie-veteran ass kissing as well. There's also a great deal of people acting like the voice of authority whenever they see fit.

Those who are truely better than me did not comment at all and were content to see this thread die.
I respect them.

Although I do recant my "trolling" staement I do take responsibilty for it. Those of you who decided to try and teach me a lesson were no better than me.

"Oh goody, in the fight against ignorance I will post my kitty's picture".......mmmm, no.

Blonde
08-22-2003, 09:50 PM
You're flailing about in quicksand, buddy.

And, since we're in The Pit, I will use this phrase for the first time:

Fuck Off.

Black Train Song
08-22-2003, 09:56 PM
Not to your picture.

Blonde
08-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Not to your picture.

I don't comprehend that cryptic post, but whatever. Please let this go -- you suggested earlier that both threads should probably be shut down. I believe you should follow through on that thought. And, hopefully I speak for all of us when I say we welcome intelligent folks to the board, and you have potential.

Let me draw out an analogy for you:

A lot of people "eww aww" over newborn babies. I don't - I think children are cuter when they can walk/talk. Now, let's say several threads were started like "Post Your Newborn Baby Pictures!"
Would I start a Pit thread to call the posters "weird", "mentally fragile" or suggest that I felt "ill will" towards them? No. I would recognize that I am probably in the minority in thinking newborns aren't "cute", and that would mean I'm the weird one.

Let it go.

Black Train Song
08-22-2003, 10:34 PM
No, I also think newborns are ugly. ...Not because they're newborns. In that sense they're beautiful. But as far as their features and proportions go, they're not at their best.

There doesn't seem to be too many threads eeewing and awwing about newborns at the moment. When it happens, I'll be there.

About my cryptic post: You told me to fuck off. I did not tell you to fuck off. I answered "not to your picture" not because I saw your picture (which I did and you're quite attractive) but only because you keep turning up the heat. I just respond in the same manner in which I'm treated.

I did suggest the thread be closed but people kept up with their badgering and I bought into it. I still hope they get closed.

Blonde
08-22-2003, 10:56 PM
Allrighty then, since you called me attractive I forgive you of all sins.

It would have faded into the night if you hadn't started the second thread.

For the love of all that's fluffy and kitten-like - let's call it a night, cowboy.

Black Train Song
08-22-2003, 11:01 PM
deal

Blonde
08-22-2003, 11:06 PM
;) And a Good Night To All.

Um, don't look at your other thread, 'cause I highlighted your spelling error.

Krisfer the Cat
08-22-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Blonde
[B
Don't you just hate train wrecks that could have been prevented? [/B]

Nah I hate it when the train wreck gets prevented.. where's the entertainment value in that?;) :D

trabi
08-23-2003, 09:52 AM

Er... How about this? (http://www.washtimes.com/world/20030713-114143-7847r.htm)

Muffin
08-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Thats right. I don't pay particular attention to who is a moderator/administrator and who is not Confirmation of stupid.
I can't help but notice the huge quantities of asskissing that goes on around here.Confirmation of maladjusted.

Q.E.D.

Black Train Song
08-24-2003, 10:03 PM
You seem to want this thread to stick around more than I do
assmuffin.

Can you confirm flight reservations to miss Cloey?

Blonde
08-24-2003, 10:10 PM
Roove -

STOP fucking around with user names!! Again!!

Black Train Song
08-24-2003, 10:39 PM
Is that a rule I don't know about?

Whats so religious about someones username? It's not like it's unprovoked.

Krisfer the Cat
08-24-2003, 10:58 PM
Shall I start the countdown?

10 ...

And has anyone reported him to a mod for being obnoxious above and beyond the call of a troll?

Black Train Song
08-24-2003, 11:10 PM
What are you counting down to and why did you stop at 8?

I was not the one who brought this thread back up to the top of the page krispy, was I? Let's try using some of your own logic on you.... If you don't like it, leave it die.

Just to be sure maybe you should report me for being more obnoxious than a troll. Phrase it exactly that way too.