PDA

View Full Version : how is asking about paid services stealing?

spinky
11-21-2003, 03:56 PM
Hey, DrMatrix, I know it's verboten to talk about illegal activities here, but isn't your trigger finger a little itchy? (http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=224540)
He asked for opinions/information about available services, and how much they cost. Where do you get the idea that he is trying to subvert and/or steal them?

I understand T-Mobile has such a service (they're partners with Starbuck's) and I'm interested in hearing about experiences with it or competing services. Why is this discussion not allowed?

(Granted, it doesn't sound like a GQ, but that's another issue)

DeadlyAccurate
11-21-2003, 04:11 PM
I agree. I can't imagine how he got stealing out of asking how well a service works and if it's worth buying. You might email him with the contents of this post. Maybe he just scanned the linked thread.

cheddarsnax
11-21-2003, 04:18 PM
DrMatrix Said:
You're asking how to tap into Starbuck's/McDonald's WiFi network without their permission.
No he was not. That was not even implied. He was asking for opinions from people who had paid to use the service.

5-HT
11-21-2003, 04:20 PM
I think Dr. Matrix must have misread something in that post. I can't find anything that even remotely sounds like asking how to steal the service.

Revtim
11-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Yeah, he must have read it too quick.

alice_in_wonderland
11-21-2003, 05:53 PM
Yep, too quick.

Geobabe
11-21-2003, 06:06 PM
I agree, I think he saw "free" and didn't read the rest too carefully.

Lynn Bodoni
11-21-2003, 07:21 PM
Since THAT thread has been re-opened I'm gonna close this one.

Lynn
For the Straight Dope