PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Hetero Habits?

06-05-1999, 02:15 PM
Why do Het's act the way they do?
You know, the men, with their big beer bel-lies, scratching their 'personal area', spitting, the BO? Their dreadful sense of style? Cheap cologne? Very uncivilized? Talk about women (who they supposedly love) as Bitches, the Old Lady, The Wife? Have very little to do with raising their children...except to say, "Hey, I ain't shooting blanks." They crave oral sex, then either disdain the woman who obliges, or call someone they HATE a nasty euphemism for the vary same act? What about Het Women? Polyesther pants in very noisy colors, that fit them maybe 3 sizes ago? Having children...then ignoring them. Or, getting Pregnant...and aborting the child because it is inconvenient? Then there is their tendancy toward 'Country' decor...you know that blue/gray color, lot's of oak or (shudder) oak veneer, geese doodads, samplers that say, "Back Door Friends are Best"...and those hideous magazines! Right in the grocery store. "How to enjoy sex with you husband!", "Never had an Orgasm? Ten Tips on how to enjoy Sex!" "Husband won't make love? Try these teasers?" Is that all you people think about? Then of course, the "Ask The Pediatrician" column in these same magazines..."My son fell iceskating yesterday. This morning his ankle is all purple and swollen three times the size. He can't stand on it. What should I do?" ...Here's a hint, idiot: Take him to the Dr. and don't write to a monthly magazine to figure it out!
Also they way they talk. Dese, dem's doze.Ain't. Ir-Regardless...Is it put on? If so Why? Or are they simply genetically inferior? Also, why are they so...well, unattractive?

The Voice
Heterosexual's should stop complaining about ugly Lesbian's unless they stop breeding them!-- Rita Mae Brown

06-05-1999, 02:35 PM
God help anyone who dared make those kind of generalizations about Homosexuals or any other minority. I think I'm ready to classify The Voice with the likes of Thorwhosit.

06-05-1999, 02:45 PM
The Voice, please tell me this is some sort of ironical/satyrical message....

06-05-1999, 02:49 PM
- - - "Why do hets act the way they do?"
-
- - - Because we can. 99% Hets, 1% gays. Gays are a minor-minority. Always have been, always will be. -And should be. When the majority of the world's population chooses not to procreate, our species will be in deep doo-doo. So get used to it. - MC

06-05-1999, 02:51 PM
Papa:God help anyone who dared make those kind of generalizations about Homosexuals or any other minority. I think I'm ready to classify The Voice with the likes of Thorwhosit.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Voice says:
Clearly you didn't read the topic "Flamers (gay)"...I just did. This is a satire of that revolting,stupid,insulting,"some of my best friends are_",patronizing,"I know a Gay person, aren't I the bomb," generalization...
God Help anyone who dare, indeed!

06-05-1999, 02:54 PM
Yepitsme Says:The Voice, please tell me this is some sort of ironical/satyrical message....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank God!!!! Yes, Yes. It is indeed.

06-05-1999, 02:55 PM
All I really remember from that thread is your comment that Heterosexuals were all boring. By that time I felt the thread had just become silly. Please clarify the intent of your OP. I'm hoping I'm missing something here.

06-05-1999, 02:59 PM
Why do hets act the way they do?"
-
- - - Because we can. 99% Hets, 1% gays. Gays are a minor-minority. Always have been, always will be. -And should be. When the majority of the world's population chooses not to procreate, our species will be in deep doo-doo. So get used to it. - MC <<<<<<<

MC, Thanks for reminding me. Hets stink at Math, too.
BTW, You sound proud of the BO, bad english, chaep cologne...Good for you! Claim your ignorance! Stand up for your stink! You go, Girl!

06-05-1999, 03:10 PM
PaPaBear: All I really remember from that thread is your comment that Heterosexuals were all boring. By that time I felt the thread had just become silly. Please clarify the intent of your OP. I'm hoping I'm missing something here.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Papa, that was my visceral response. That thread was a collection of generalizations about a small minority of Gay men. So, I took facts about certain portions of the Heterosexual population, put them into a new topic/question and viola! Of course it was a generalization. You don't realize how many Homosexual People that you meet everyday, because whether it's your grocer or broker, the lady at 7-11, the guy in the next office, the construction worker on the road, The State Trooper who pulled you over ...and on and on...because they don't "Flame" or wear an I am Gay sign.
Look, my mother and father were Hetero's.My mother still is. My father was til the day he died. My sisters are. But that thread was so revolting I wanted to respond in kind. So I did.
La Voce

06-05-1999, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

06-05-1999, 04:14 PM
Revolting,stupid,insulting?You are in a good mood.I started the thread as a question I had wondered about.I don't think I am cool because I knew gay men.My husband was mainly gay,and I saw all of his friends and co-workers.Get a life!

06-05-1999, 04:48 PM
*sigh*
And someone called *my* post a waste of space?

06-05-1999, 05:11 PM
I wonder how many people would be offended if someone started a post that said "why are all black people..." and then started in with stereotypes about black people. How would we take it if people chimed in with comments such as "oh, I know a black person - he is really nice"? This comment, though probably not meant this way, sounds as if it is a novelty to know a nice black person. It's like saying "oh they aren't really all wife beating gang banging dead-beat fathers who can't hold a job and live in the ghetto" (yes, that was over-dramatization), as if there is the underlying assumption that they are those things, and it is our job to assure people there are "normal" black people.

The same could be said for many different topics "why are all mexicans/brits/americans/white people/women/homosexuals/etc this or that". To many, inculding myself, those posts, or rather the ideas behind them can be offensive, or in the least pointless(the assumptions and stereotypes. Even the attempt to debunk the stereotypes often offends by making it seem as if the people in question are not just people - the same in many ways and different in many ways).

Anyway, just trying to say that I can see how The Voice would get fed up with it. I have heard many people of different races and genders complain the same thing.

06-05-1999, 10:21 PM
When the majority of the world's population chooses not to procreate, our species will be in deep doo-doo.
Actually, I'm of the opinion that we will be in "deep doo-doo" unless more people choose not to procreate.

06-05-1999, 10:47 PM
Voice, don't worry...I took your post in the vein it was intended and had a good laugh. In fact, you've given me many good ideas for the "Straight Pride" parade I've been planning: The "country goose" float and the Beer-belly, BO, B*ll-scratchin' brigade. ;)

06-05-1999, 10:56 PM
I'm not even going to justify this thread with a post.

06-05-1999, 10:57 PM
Whoops.

------------------
"The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life." -George Carlin

06-05-1999, 11:44 PM
Would the Voice have dared to make fun of blacks in the same way that he makes fun of heterosexuals? I bet he wouldn't have.

There are a few groups that it is still acceptable to make fun of in the US today. The most common example, of course, is working-class white men (AKA rednecks, greasers, white trash, trailer trash). Of course, you'll find as many decent, friendly, intelligent working-class white men as you'll find among any other group of people. But it's OK to make fun of them as a group. Of course, their ancestors were the guys at Guadalcanal and Normandy. Not that that matters or anything.

06-06-1999, 05:52 AM
- - - Okay anybody, I recall that most neutral studies done around the world had placed the percentage of population as actively homosexual at about 1%. What part of the math is bad? - MC

06-06-1999, 05:58 AM
- - - "Why do hets act the way they do?"
-
- - - Because we can. 99% Hets, 1% gays. Gays are a minor-minority. Always have been, always will be. -And should be. When
the majority of the world's population chooses not to procreate, our species will be in deep doo-doo. So get used to it. - MC <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Actually, I think it's 90 and 10-- or one in ten-- or Two in Twenty, the name of an all-lesbian soap opera.

------------------
------------
--Rowan
Shopping is still cheaper than therapy. --my Aunt Franny

06-06-1999, 09:47 AM
Revolting,stupid,insulting?You are in a good mood.I started the thread as a question I had wondered about.I don't think I am cool because I knew gay men.My husband was mainly gay,and I saw all of his friends and co-workers.Get a life!~~Vanillanice

Voice Says: Van. I am sorry that your husband chose to marry you. I am sure it was a difficult thing to deal with. My objection had to do with the simple fact that you took one tiny segment (albeit a visible segment)of the population and asked why do thay do that? I took it to it's logical extreme, picking the annoying and/or puzzling characteristics that are primarily associated with Hetero's and asked the same type of question. I am a Lesbian, BTW, and although brought up to marry a man and having dated many men in my late teens, I new I could never do it. I am sorry if you don't get satire. But, as Opal said, why, oh why is this such an issuue?????? I swear, it never comes up in normal conversation. I have, however, had to sit, in my very office, and listen to "fag, queer, dyke" jokes, comments, accustaions etc.
BTW, mylife is fabulous.I spoil my nieces & nephews rotton, as well as my ex'es kids, I do what I love, I travel extensively, I give to charity, I am well educated, attractive (well, for forty) and I only buy the best. Is your point that Lesbians/Gays aren't allowed to be emotional?

06-06-1999, 09:51 AM
Sly says: (sigh) And someone called *my* post a waste of space?

Voice responds: Sly, read the response to Vanilla

And thanks for chiming in, your input was brilliant and insightful!

06-06-1999, 09:53 AM
Yepitsme says:Anyway, just trying to say that I can see how The Voice would get fed up with it. I have heard many people of different races and genders complain the same thing.
Voice responds: Thank you, Yep. I think there are a lot more important and or funny/interesting things we can discuss.

06-06-1999, 10:05 AM
VogueVixen Says:Voice, don't worry...I took your post in the vein it was intended and had a good laugh. In fact, you've given me many good ideas for the "Straight Pride" parade I've been planning: The "country goose" float and the Beer-belly, BO, B*ll-scratchin' brigade. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Voice replies: Thank you, love! And I think that that idea is absolutely fabulous! Wish I could attend! Some more ideas: "Welcome Friends" signs to go with the geese decor, Woman's Day magazine (the Neighbors column especially), and the 80 or 90 thousand book titles telling men & women How to enjoy/love/have sex with each other! Also: Maybe some Hetero's can "Come out" that day? Don't forget a Gay & Lesbian Friends Of Heterosexuals float!

The Gay Pride Parade is a mixture of politics, civil rights, pride, and also lampooning the stereotypes.
I LOVE your idea! If I lived close enough I'd be your Grand Marshall-ette!
Love and an honorary Straight Power salute right at ya!
La Voce
"Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus"
Hey, moron, men are from Earth, Women are from Earth, get over it.And stop taking advantage of people who don't get along with each other.

06-06-1999, 10:08 AM
Pathunt says:I'm not even going to justify this thread with a post.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Voice responds:Well then I am not going to dignify your post with a response!

The Voice
Who says Lesbian's have no sense of humor?

06-06-1999, 10:10 AM
Pathunt says:Whoops.

Voice ays: Me,too.

06-06-1999, 10:46 AM
Lawrence says:Would the Voice have dared to make fun of blacks in the same way that he makes fun of heterosexuals? I bet he wouldn't have.
There are a few groups that it is still acceptable to make fun of in the US today. The most common example, of course, is working-class white men (AKA rednecks, greasers, white trash, trailer trash). Of course, you'll find as many decent, friendly, intelligent working-class white men as you'll find among any other group of people. But it's OK to make fun of them as a group. Of course, their ancestors were the guys at Guadalcanal and Normandy. Not that that matters or anything.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Lawrence...Read my other responses...
Now then, Does the fact that My Uncle, born in Italy, but brought to america in the 30's and raised as an American citizen is a decorated HERO who survived WWII, Korea and 'Nam? That he was in battles in Italy where he may well have killed his cousins, Uncles? That my great Grandmother in Italy was killed by American bombs during that war...and that my Grandmother didn't know her mother was dead until after the War? Or on my mother's side, that my Uncle died from injuries received at Dunkirk? That all his wife had to remember him by was his name on a monument at Buckingham Palace? That Both of my family's countries were bombed ~~ The UK by the Axis, Italy by the Allies? Does it matter that my uncle was en route to Japan until the Bomb was dropped?...What about the fact that I was born and raised in the projects (hosing for veterans, they called it) and during the Viet Nam War that I saw US Army Officers arrive time and again to say to a woman in her 20's or 30's -- with her little children all around, or go to a parents door to say, "The US Army regrets to inform you that..."??? Or that it was only us NOT anyone named Bush, or Kennedy, or Clinton who died in that disguusting War? And can you please explain what this has to do with Lampooning a part of the Hetero Population?

And since YOU brought it up,I'm sure that you are well aware that Gay's were forced to wear Pink Triangles in Nazi Germany and were exterminated in concentration camps. That that is why the PINK Triangle is the Gay symbol? Or how many Gay men fought in every war, especially WWII? NO, I am sure though you love those sissy boys Ronny "I have an ear-ache" Reagan who dodged WWII, along with John "my knee hurts'Wayne (Or that when shown John Wayne films during the War, the Gay men would yell out, "Hey, Marion! Where's your skirt?" (Marion, of course being his real name)I am also sure that you are aware that land that AMERICAN citizens of Italian descent owned, was taken by the Government the same as they did to Japanese Americans? While German POW's in this country were treated like visiting Royalty? (At USO show's, it was White American Soldiers, German POW's and BLACK Americans who were segregated in the back of the venue?) That my Grandfather had to escape the Fascists, came here, worked in a coal mine, was ordered to shave his mustache and refer to himself as Frenchie, because Italians were not wanted?
Don't talk to me about the War, sir. I have a lot of graves to visit that remind me of it every day. How dare you.

06-06-1999, 10:55 AM
MC Says:
Okay anybody, I recall that most neutral studies done around the world had placed the percentage of population as actively homosexual at about 1%. What part of the math is bad? - MC
Voice Replies:
It is not a quantifiable amount. There are too many Bashers, too few rights, too much stigma for anyone to be open about this. additionally, My former partner was married to a man, to this day she defines herself as a Het...We even have a little saying because this behavior is so prevelant: "I'm not a Lesbian, My Girlfriend is"
Does MC stand for Mathematically challanged?
To those who understand, No explanation is necessary. To those who do not, no explanation is possible.~~Variously attributed, but I have it as Ayn Rand.

06-06-1999, 11:29 AM
BTW, Lawrence, As it's D-Day, (I am sure some one of your elevated intelligence would know that)when I call my Uncle to thank him for what he did, I'll tell him about your ignorant little note. In 1999, he still has to go by an Americanized version of his given name because it seems that where he lives, (south of the Mason/Dixon line) they don't like Eye-Talians. His second wife, (the first haing died several years ago)also calls him by the bastardized version of his real name. A WWII HERO! Shove your your White-Male-working class obsession/pity party into your empty head. And kiss a Gay Male Veteran for me.

06-06-1999, 11:47 AM
Hey, Vixen...
A few more ideas: The Aqua Velva/Brut/English Leather float for the guys??? Gosh, I wish I could go! The Striped shirt/checked pants (preferably in non-complementary colors & made of synthetics!)
The Old Hetero Man float...driving a spotless 10 year old car, 15 mph, laeft blinker on hunched over the steering wheel as he yells at his wife, "Don't tell me how to drive! I've been driving since 1930!"

06-06-1999, 12:29 PM
Pathunt says: I'm not even going to justify this thread with a post.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Voice responds: Well then I am not going to dignify your post with a response!
The Voice
Who says Lesbian's have no sense of humor?

The Voice
Member posted 06-06-99 09:10 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pathunt says: Whoops.
Voice ays: Me, too.

Oh yeah? Well I'M not going to... to....

Oh, damn.

------------------
"The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life." -George Carlin

06-06-1999, 06:27 PM
Having very carefully read this question and contemplated my life, I have come to the conclusion:

Oh my God, I'm Gay!

(This post brought to you in the same spirit as the original OP!)

------------------
Mastery is not perfection but a journey, and the true master must be willing to try and fail and try again

06-06-1999, 07:03 PM
Voice: Why are you sorry my husband married me? I'm not so bad.It was difficult; not because of his orientation, but other horrible habits. I did not think he or any of his comrads were weird or unusual because they were gay. I do know about discrimination tho, my husband (and because I was his wife) were discriminated against for health reasons. Actually, Straight Day Parade sounds funny, mainly because there are "funny" depictions of straight men, we've all known. Amen and goodnight.!

06-06-1999, 08:26 PM
It's strange how much this whole thread parallels to my sig... In case you don't know, it's rap.

Just one thing... Voice- do you stand by these beliefs like a racist would by his? I know there are people who don't like gay people all over the place, but are you sure there are lots of them here?

Hey, I'm Chinese, and I grew up with some unforgiving people in school. I didn't end up hating everybody who wasn't Chinese, just the people who hated Chinese people. Now, I'm in Stuyvesant High, where Asians make up a pretty big percentage of the students. It kinda helps to stick with your own group, so you've got backup in case someone wants to mess with you.

------------------
I'm ready to meet Him
'Cause where I'm livin' ain't right
Black hate white
White hate black
It's right back to the same fight...

--DMX

06-06-1999, 09:59 PM
I have plenty of graves to visit and several family war horror stories that I have heard myself, Voice. So come off this "How dare you" crap. My point is that you are living happily and free in a country in which you can do whatever you want. If all you have to put up with is occasional ignorant dissing by a few people on the Message Boards (and since you spend so much time posting here, you must not have any significant battles to fight elsewhere) you have it pretty good in comparison to gay people in, say, Cuba. Or any other people in, say, Cuba, for that matter. My other point is that those working class white men in the US Army undoubtedly saved the lives of many people in those concentration camps wearing those pink triangles. Not to mention the comfortable present-day life that all of us have. Trust me, if it hadn't been for those guys, life on Castro St. would undoubtedly be quite different now.

Repeating what I said before, The Voice has no problem making fun of working-class white men because she hates them. She would never treat people who it's not politically correct to make fun of in the same way.

06-06-1999, 10:58 PM
"Trust me, if it hadn't been for those guys, life on Castro St. would undoubtedly be quite different now."
---Lawrence
------------------------------------

Trust me, Lawrence, many of the "those guys" you speak so eloquently for are right now enjoying "The Life" on Castro street.

------------------
Work like you don't need the money.....
Love like you've never been hurt.....
Dance like nobody's watching! Source???

06-07-1999, 03:48 AM
MC Says:
Okay anybody, I recall that most neutral studies done around the world had placed the percentage of population as actively homosexual at about 1%. What part of the math is bad? - MC
Voice Replies:
It is not a quantifiable amount. There are too many Bashers, too few rights, too much stigma for anyone to be open about this. additionally, My former partner was married to a man, to this day she defines herself as a Het...We even have a little saying because this behavior is so prevelant: "I'm not a Lesbian, My Girlfriend is"
Does MC stand for Mathematically challanged? - The Voice
- - - Flimsy reasoning, Voice. I could also say that ten percent of the population is extraterrestrial aliens, because a few claim to be and the rest are too afraid to admit it. You couldn't prove me wrong but it would still be a bullshit claim. I don't doubt that lots of people you know are gay. I'd bet that Richard Speck knew lots of murderers, too. Around where I live, there are a few "gay" bars and hundreds of "straight" bars so that's what I tend to base my assumptions on.
I don't doubt that lots of "straight" people have committed homosexual acts and/or have homosexual urges, but there's no standard for "living the gay lifestyle" and when asked very few people will admit to doing so. Saying to yourselves "We are gay, and there must be many others like us" is merely wishful thinkng. You even say "it is not a quantifiable amount" so the percentage could be much less than 1%. - MC

06-07-1999, 03:55 AM
Work like you don't need the money.....
Love like you've never been hurt.....
Dance like nobody's watching! Source??? - mangeorge
- - - Somebody used this as her sig line; she said it was from a Celtic something-or-other, but I asked about it and somebody else said there's a country song that's real close to it also. - MC

06-07-1999, 10:48 AM
You know... reading a great number of the responses to this post, I can't help but sigh. Satire, folks.

It was clearly obvious upon initial reading that the original post was intended satirically, and I can't imagine how it was taken in any other vein.

Unless... well, you know how it's okay for Richard Pryor to make fun of blacks, but God forbid a white comedian do it. Are some people uptight because a homosexual made the original post, perhaps? Hmm...

~jon
Who's perfectly capable of laughing at himself, thanks

06-07-1999, 11:46 AM
Voice: Why are you sorry my husband married me? I'm not so bad. It was difficult; not because of his orientation, but other horrible habits. I did not think he or any of his comrads were weird or unusual because they were gay.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

OH, GOD Van, that's not what I meant at all. I meant that I thought it was unfair of him to marry you (unless you knew he was Gay)...not that it was your fault. I understand why some Gay people feel compelled to marry...I came close, once. But I knew that I couldn't deceive him like that, he was far too nice. Sometimes, Gays do marry straights, but it's agreed upon deal for various reasons. And that's not to say that Gay people aren't wierd...It's simply this: If a person is Gay, many, perhaps most. Heteros will think everything they say, do, wwear, eat emanates from that. A like comparison would be if you were judged by the color of your nail polish, ONLY. e.g."Van donated bone Marrow and saved a little girls life! Still, she does have that frosted hair...I wonder iwhat her adenda is?" I didn't mean to insult you
Love, Peace
La Voce

06-07-1999, 08:40 PM
Lawrence said: "There are a few groups that it is still acceptable to make fun of in the US today. The most common example, of course, is working-class white men (AKA rednecks, greasers, white trash, trailer trash). Of course, you'll find as many decent, friendly, intelligent working-class white men as you'll find among any other group of people. But it's OK to make fun of them as a group."

first of all, The Voice was using satire, for crying out loud. Second of all, before you start in with the "reverse racism/sexism" bit, go back up and read the post. The Voice used both male and female figures in her parody.

Lawrence said: "Of course, their ancestors were the guys at Guadalcanal and Normandy. Not that that matters or anything."

What the heck does that have to do with anything? The ancestors of white males aren't the only ones who fought in these and other wars. I don't quite understand what your point was.

06-07-1999, 10:51 PM
[[Heterosexual's should stop complaining about ugly Lesbian's unless they stop breeding them!-- Rita Mae Brown]]

I am quite certain that Ms Rita didn't misuse apostrophes like that, however!

Voice, I'm pretty sure I'm not gay, but now I don't wanna be hetero, either. What am I supposed to do with THIS confused orientation?

06-08-1999, 12:44 AM
JillGat, you could be omni-sexual. With the right amount of alcohol, EVERYONE'S cute!

------------------
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter Thompson

06-08-1999, 07:08 AM
Also, why are they so... well, unattractive?, usually fat.
It's those fries that come with all dinners. And the fact the average American never walks any farther than from thr parking lot to the mall, theater etc. Plus, you probably wouldn't know this, once you have kids, your time for exercise is limited. The kids get older, then the parents have given up on exercise. They think they deserve the rest.

06-08-1999, 12:07 PM
Did anyone notice that 'Het' is the same as using the N word, but for straight people instead?

06-08-1999, 12:58 PM
gotta love those sweeping overgeneralizations

06-08-1999, 10:24 PM
I think y'all just done missed the point on what I said. I understood very clearly that the Voice was speaking parodically. You'd have to be an idiot to have missed that, which I am not. I think. My point was that she was making fun of working-class white guys (NOT middle-class white guys) and that this was, first, classist, and second, something she would not have dared to do if the target were any other group. You go back to her original post and substitute "nigger" or "kike" or "spick" or "fag" for "het" or any other words she used to describe us trashy white folks. She would not have dared to write anything as obviously hateful as the parody she posted about any of those people, because she would have been kicked off this Board, and rightfully so. Hate speech is wrong, whether directed at some folks...or at others.

Before anyone gets mad at me for having used ethnic and homophobic slurs in my last post, let me make it clear that they were used as examples. I don't like those words any more than you do, and I get a feeling that heterophobic slurs have recently been invented.

06-08-1999, 11:10 PM
So it was written "parodically" or what was that word? But it all seemed so real...
Or, getting Pregnant...and aborting the child because it is inconvenient? Then there is their tendancy toward 'Country' decor...you know that blue/gray color, lot's of oak or (shudder) oak veneer, geese doodads, samplers that say, "Back Door Friends are Best"...and those hideous magazines!
It was like reading Tales of the City, but all backward..

06-09-1999, 01:14 AM
Can't believe that some people missed the satire in the original post. A very well done, shoe-on-the-other-foot kind of thing. Should have been obvious to everyone.

I have only one slight objection to it, and it's more of an observation, really. The Voice was doing a take-off on how certain visible characteristics of some members of a group become stereotypes that are attributed (erroneously) to all members of a group. Point well taken. However, in the case of predominantly gay communities (say in West Hollywood, for example)at least some of the so-called stereotypes are intentionally encouraged by the members of the group as a way of defining themselves as part of a sub-culture.

In other words, I don't think many heterosexual intentionally get "big beer bel-lies" in order to define themselves as heterosexuals, but at least some homosexuals adopt the mannerisms, style, lingo or whatever in order to proclaim who and what they are.

06-10-1999, 11:26 PM
Well I hope the Voice doesn't get mad at me here......I'm straight and I have many gay friends male and female. Not to try and be cool but because they are people just like everyone else and they are nice people. Hey, my mother is gay and so is her girlfriend. You know who you should be yelling at, G Gordon Liddy. He was ranting about how gay people shouldn't be allowed to be married. He said "lesbo's and homo's, two women or two men, that's not a marriage"...well that pissed me off. People like him will never change so we just have to make sure we don't raise anymore of them and they will die out....we can hope....

------------------
Visit Spedrick's Playground @ http://members.xoom.com/Spedrick/

06-14-1999, 08:22 AM
Lawrence Says:
I have plenty of graves to visit and several family war horror stories that I have heard myself, Voice. So come off this "How dare you" crap. My point is that you are living happily and free in a country in which you can do whatever you want. If all you have to put up with is occasional ignorant dissing by a few people on the Message Boards (and since you spend so much time posting here, you must not have any significant battles to fight elsewhere)*****My other point is that those working class white men in the US Army undoubtedly saved the lives of many people in those concentration camps wearing those pink triangles. Not to mention the comfortable present-day life that all of us have. Trust me, if it hadn't been for those guys, life on Castro St. would undoubtedly be quite different now.******************
Repeating what I said before, The Voice has no problem making fun of working-class white men because she hates them. She would never treat people who it's not politically correct to make fun of in the same way.
Lawrence...Larry. Larri, Perhaps...This is going to take all of La Voce's patience...A-Hem...If, as you state I "post so often" because I have nothing to do...YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR! I am 40, worked in advertising and made MILLIONS & MILLIONS!!!! Hahahahah! I am enjoying the summer, lolling in the sun, steaks on the grill, theatre, parties on my boat and resting up for my trip to Europe in the fall...Damn, an entire year in a Villa in Vincenza...with a month or so in the UK, and a few side trips to Paris, Switzerland, Belgium...Not bad for a Lesbian, Feminist, Radical, Politically Correct, born in the projects, daughter of a "working class hero" Granddaughter of poor immigrants who built this country working incoal mines and factories, and the afore mentioned DEAD RELATIVES...You forget to Kiss the Gay Male Veterans Of Foreign Wars for me, Stinky! You also forget to mention that GAY MALE VETERANS also LIBERATED the camps.You, my little fellow, are jealous! Imagine moi! Never having to do a thing I don't want to do ever again. Well, I thank all the smelly, ignorant, boring, frustrated, blame their problems on everyone else Hetero Males you are so enamored of. I can also tell by your response that you nor anyone you know has ever been close to a war."Stories you've heard yourself"-- Poor dear, Live through them and then tell me. So, I hope the "plenty of graves you have to visit" are some Gay veterans, or don't they count? And, since you bring up Castro street, That WAS you! In the pink strapless, with the Picture hat and elbow length gloves I saw in the last Parade, wasn't it! Fess up.! BTW-- Hate my Father? My Grandfather? My sisters? My Brother in law? They all work in factories. I suspect they enjoy it or are not willing to do what it takes to "enjoy" a white collar career, which you seem to think is all fun and games. THAT'S CLASSIST! You are such a bitter, bitter soul. I shall include you in my prayers. And if you don't like being blue collar, Pick your self up by your bootstraps and make something of yourself! If I can emerge from the projects, contribute to My Church, My Charities (Broadway Cares-Equity Fights AIDS, is my fave..cend a check , won't you dear?)retire at 39, give my mother fabulous gifts, vacations, buy my neice & nephew and My former girl friends's kids everything they need...and a bunch they don't...All the while being a (yuck) Lezzie, queer, Homo...Why, I should think that a strapping, white (hetero?) male like yourself would have the world at his smelly feet.Now, be on your way.And, if you don't get the joke in the future, just ask. I will type slower.

You bring to mind a Dorothy Parker quote:
"You must admit that he is always kind to his inferiors." friend of DP's.
"Where does he find them?" ~~Dorothy Parker

06-14-1999, 08:38 AM
MC Says:
Voice Replies:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- - - Flimsy reasoning, Voice. I could also say that ten percent of the population is extraterrestrial aliens, because a few claim to be and the rest are too afraid to admit it. You couldn't prove me wrong but it would still be a bullshit claim. I don't doubt that lots of people you know are gay. I'd bet that Richard Speck knew lots of murderers, too. Around where I live, there are a few "gay" bars and hundreds of "straight" bars so that's what I tend to base my assumptions on.
I don't doubt that lots of "straight" people have committed homosexual acts and/or have homosexual urges, but there's no standard for "living the gay lifestyle" and when asked very few people will admit to doing so. Saying to yourselves "We are gay, and there must be many others like us" is merely wishful thinkng. You even say "it is not a quantifiable amount" so the percentage could be much less than 1%. - MC*******************

MC: Read my responses. I have never claimed a number. Not once. No 10%, 1%, 500 million ...because it is NOT QUANTIFIABLE. People will not respond to this question, NOR if they do, WILL thay respond honestly.With so much to lose, over a matter that has NOTHING to do with one's career, why would one answer a question no one has the right to ask??? And does it matter????
I know a lot of Heterosexual Males who read Porno , too. So must I assume that the MAJORITY of heterosexual Males reads PORNO?
Richard Speck? He was a HET. So, then. With your aahem, reasoning, that means only Hets are murderers? (Well, we all KNOW they are)
Procreation? With Lesbian couples bearing their own children through AI or having sex with a Gay Male Friend, and Gay males having a Lesbian bear children for them, the 'procreation' argument is moot, isn't it??? You seem to think GAY/LESBIAN means sterile. Talk about flimsy. The ONLY flimsy thing about me is my nightgown. But thanks, it's good to know there are Bright folks like you out there! I wonder how many???

06-14-1999, 08:40 AM
MC Says:
Voice Replies:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't doubt that lots of "straight" people have committed homosexual acts and/or have homosexual urges, but there's no standard for "living the gay lifestyle" and when asked very few people will admit to doing so. Saying to yourselves "We are gay, and there must be many others like us" is merely wishful thinkng. You even say "it is not a quantifiable amount" so the percentage could be much less than 1%. - MC*******************

MC: Read my responses. I have never claimed a number. Not once. No 10%, 1%, 500 million ...because it is NOT QUANTIFIABLE. People will not respond to this question, NOR if they do, WILL thay respond honestly.With so much to lose, over a matter that has NOTHING to do with one's career, why would one answer a question no one has the right to ask??? And does it matter????
I know a lot of Heterosexual Males who read Porno , too. So must I assume that the MAJORITY of heterosexual Males reads PORNO?
Richard Speck? He was a HET. So, then. With your aahem, reasoning, that means only Hets are murderers? (Well, we all KNOW they are)
Procreation? With Lesbian couples bearing their own children through AI or having sex with a Gay Male Friend, and Gay males having a Lesbian bear children for them, the 'procreation' argument is moot, isn't it??? You seem to think GAY/LESBIAN means sterile. Talk about flimsy. The ONLY flimsy thing about me is my nightgown. But thanks, it's good to know there are Bright folks like you out there! I wonder how many???

06-14-1999, 08:52 AM
Spedrick Says: Well I hope the Voice doesn't get mad at me here......I'm straight and I have many gay friends male and female. >>>>

Sped, I am not mad at anyone...I find it hard to comprehend the number of people who missed the point, treated it as if it was a bunch of facts about all heteros; some fool even managed to drag WWII into it! (He thinks that the "Ancestors" who fought there were all straight); then there is the odd guy who wants to count all the Gay People... I have never wanted to count Hets. So, you see, my original point holds: Why all this fascination...I never ever ask ones sexual orientation. I swear, when the Plumber shows up because a pipe broke, I don't care what he enjoys in his bedroom. That's all.Now, see how nice I am? Please, enjoy your day.

06-14-1999, 09:00 AM
Handy Says: Did anyone notice that 'Het' is the same as using the N word, but for straight people instead>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh, Handy. is not! "Breeder" is.I just say Het because I hate typing. Calling a male het, Mary is. Let's get our epithets in order, here!

Kisses~~La Voce!

06-14-1999, 09:11 AM
JilGat Says: [[Heterosexual's should stop complaining about ugly Lesbian's unless they stop breeding them!-- Rita Mae Brown]]
I am quite certain that Ms Rita didn't misuse apostrophes like that, however!>>>>>>
Voice Responds: You could also bet that Rita has better editors, than I do too! (smile) I also am qite sure I didn't get it word for word, she said it about 15 years ago or so....
Speaking of RitaMae, I received an invitation to her Birthday Party, 7 or 8 years ago? I don't remember...I couldn't attend but the invitation was wonderful. A box, about the size of a pen. Open the box and inside was a candle, with a piece of paper rolled around it. The paper had the details about the party, it was a big fund raiser, and not to let Rita know that her surprise guest was Margot Kidder. It was a wonderful party...sorry I couldn't attend.

Jil Continues:
Voice, I'm pretty sure I'm not gay, but now I don't wanna be hetero, either. What am I supposed to do with THIS confused orientation?<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Voice replies: Abstinence?
At any rate, not wanting to be Heterosexual simply shows good taste on your part.

06-14-1999, 09:31 AM
CF says: Can't believe that some people missed the satire in the original post. A very well done, shoe-on-the-other-foot kind of thing. Should have been obvious to everyone.
I have only one slight objection to it, and it's more of an observation, really. The Voice was doing a take-off on how certain visible characteristics of some members of a group become stereotypes that are attributed (erroneously) to all members of a group. Point well taken. However, in the case of predominantly gay communities (say in West Hollywood, for example)at least some of the so-called stereotypes are intentionally encouraged by the members of the group as a way of defining themselves as part of a sub-culture.

In other words, I don't think many heterosexual intentionally get "big beer bel-lies" in order to define themselves as heterosexuals, but at least some homosexuals adopt the mannerisms, style, lingo or whatever in order to proclaim who and what they are.***********************************
Voice replies: Thank you for your support. You are correct, and that too was part of my point. All cultures have similar characteristics. Then among these cultures are subcultures, and even sub-subcultures. I would compare effeminate Gay males, who use a particular slang to ...say Hetero Militia types who are a sub-subculture too, but have their own dress code, lingo etc.. Also, I know of several Motorcycle groups, Gay Men...Who nobody would dream of calling fairies, or effeminate! Then, the Lesbian subcultures would have to include Dykes on Bikes, and the Ones that call themselves "Lipstick Lesbians"...One called me one once! I said , look, I am just a woman. I wear a bit of makeup to look a wee bit better. I wear nice clothing because I like them. I get my nails done because I think chipped nails look seedy...But, the truth is, stereotypes emerge from real similarities among groups. Only when the stereotype becomes the way of defining someone is it truly offensive. I am 1/2 Italian. I put Garlic on everything. I die if a day goes by without some type of macaroni or riso...But, does that mean you can call me a spaghetti twirling, garlic eating wop? Of course not. So, we are on the same beam...
Ciao, Caro
La Voce
***********************************************************************************
By the way, look for this exchange in one of my favorite films: “Bunch of garlic eaters!” ~~~ That line is in “It’s A Wonderful Life”…Mr. Potter says it. God, when I was a kid I was so hurt by that!

06-14-1999, 09:54 AM
Lawrence says:
There are a few groups that it is still acceptable to make fun of in the US today. The most common example, of
course, is working-class white men (AKA rednecks, greasers, white trash, trailer trash). Of course, you'll find as
many decent, friendly, intelligent working-class white men as you'll find among any other group of people. But
it's OK to make fun of them as a group. Of course, their ancestors were the guys at Guadalcanal and
Normandy. Not that that matters or anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

Question to Voice: Are your people still being blocked from entering the country if they admit to being queer? And if so, should people like Lawrence still expect you to be thankful to veterans who fought for your *limited* freedom?

People often think that Nazis only killed Jews, when that list included Jews, Gypsies, Communists, Queers, Russians, children who were deformed, people who were insane, etc.

06-14-1999, 10:00 AM
Sunbear says: quote:
“Also, why are they so...well, unattractive?…” --voice
, usually fat.
It's those fries that come with all dinners. And the fact the average American never walks any farther than from the parking lot to the mall, theater etc. Plus, you probably wouldn't know this, once you have kids, your time for exercise is limited. The kids get older, then the parents have given up on exercise. They think they deserve the rest.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Sunbear, I assure you. My former Girlfriend had two kids...one year apart and the youngest has a severe disability. I have driven through more McD's, purchased more Happy Meals. (Once I was so tired I said to the lady : Two Chickie nuggets happy Meals...She said Do you mean Chicken Nuggets?) Anyway, I found then, that It kept me thin as a rail...I ran after these kids, never finished a meal...barely slept...And here I go again, with my niece who is two. She thinks I am a taller version of a two year old! I can bring her over, play games with her, sing till I am hoarse, play with her & The dog & my cats, keep her out of mischief, look up the Tubbies and the Big comfy Couch on the 'net for her (she calls the computer the DOT COM! (I say the URL’s aloud to her, she pushes the enter button)...buy out Toy's R Us...all in one afternoon. Then as I bring her home, she'll say: Wanna run around? Oh, well. You can never be too, rich or too thin, I suppose. So, the tired part, I understand...the fat part I have no sympathy for. (I don't eat McD's, nor do I allow my niece to. My Ex- was very lazy and would have given them a beer and popcorn if they stayed away from her. That's one of the reasons she's my ex. She would rather do anything than watch her kids...and I didn't like they way she brought them up. Since I had no say, and she was in the closet, I felt it would hurt the kids to sue. There is standing on this, by the way.) Now, I just take the kids...without her. And It's heaven....But Tiring!!!
Take care, dear
La Voce
Did you ever notice how a four year old will continue to discuss the color of a truck, long after your own interest in the subject has waned? ~~ Fran Liebowitz

06-14-1999, 12:46 PM
Read some of the posts most of them were nonsense but the one thing I did see and wondered about was the 99-1% ratio. Who has said that? What survey showed those statistics? I think there are a lot more gays around than even the people that are gay would admit to themselves. Let me give you all an example.

Lets say that tomorrow morning all the people that were gay or bi had skin that turned green at 11am.

There would be an awful lot of people walking around in "YOUR" city/town at 11 AM with green skin and you would be amazed at the type of people with green skin. You see the lesson is, that the way a person looks/acts is not what makes them gay.

They are gay period. If they are gay they did not choose the lifestyle they are that way and it cannot be changed. Some people that think they can change a person from being gay to being straight. Give yourself a shake if that is you because "you" need help. Gay people do not ask that staight people be turned to gay?

Be what you are, there is no blood test for "being gay" accept people and especially your children for what they are and support them and above all love them. And tell them no matter what they are or what they do you love them unconditionally.

------------------
Please feel free to email me
Dandmb50@aol.com

06-14-1999, 03:03 PM
Breeders of the World Unite!!!!
You have nothing to lose but your Decorators and Your company softball champions.
(jest) (jest)

------------------
&lt;insert witty sig here&gt;

06-14-1999, 03:04 PM
Breeders of the World Unite!!!!
You have nothing to lose but your Decorators and Your company softball champions.
(jest) (jest)

------------------
&lt;insert witty sig here&gt;

06-15-1999, 08:01 AM
This is a bit off topic... but I don't understand this butch-femme relationships between dykes - "This is my girlfriend - who looks like a man."

06-15-1999, 09:37 AM
Just because someone dresses masculine/feminine doesn't toss their gender out the window.

Imagine what all those women, married to men who raid their underwear drawers to crossdress, must be.. does this make them closeted lesbians?

lovelee

06-15-1999, 11:11 AM
Sunbear, I assure you. My former Girlfriend had two kids...one year apart and the youngest has a
severe disability. I have driven through more McD's, purchased more Happy Meals...
Very amusing.You should contribute to the parenting MPSIM..topic.
Kids are great. It's the one thing that you can enjoy when other things get boring.I play cards with my kids because they like it.I probably wouldn't play cards with an adult.

Getting philosophical, I'd say life is most meaningful when you are young.I have no idea why we exist, nut sometimes it seems my kids have a better idea, or sense, than I do.

I'm at a university conference.My old professor is here and his major complaint in life is that his two kids haven't produced grandkids.The heck with population control, when it's your own offspring in question!This from a rational scientist.

06-16-1999, 10:50 AM
"but sometimes it seems", not "nut".

06-23-1999, 08:17 AM
Very amusing.You should contribute to the parenting MPSIM..topic.<<<QUOTH SUNBEAR

>>>Just another MPSIM:Are you a fat McDonald's eating, Drive-thru using, Child hating Breeder, with two kids she can't stand who's stuck in the closet...are you? That would be too ironic...
"If there are more than 3 cars in line ahead of you at a bank or fast-food drive-up window, you'll save time if you get out of the car and go insisde."--Bill Lowe, Birmingham, Alabama from Never Trust A Calm Dog...