PDA

View Full Version : Is my toilet paper usage exessive? How much do you use?

GopherGod72
03-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Not TOO long ago I got off of a 5 year live in relationship. We went through TP like there was no tomorrow!! The number of emergency runs I had to make while she was "drip drying" is excessive. I ALWAYS got blaimed for the excessive usage and you know I denied and counter-attacked with the best of the males. Now for the stretch of time I find myself single. I also find myself going through JUST UNDER one double roll of TP per week.

So I ask you... comparativly speaking.... is my TP usage excessive? :)

ZoomZoom
03-13-2004, 11:32 PM
i use at least one a week and its just me by myself. I like to think of it as "thorough", not "excessive". ;)

Gotti
03-13-2004, 11:37 PM
My answer is enough to clean my ass and that varies at times...if you say you hardly use toilet paper dont come sit by me please cause I bet you smell like boo boo.

Ashkicker
03-13-2004, 11:48 PM
Well this answer depends on what kind of tissue is being used. I haven't sat down and worked the math, but Charmin never lasts longer even if its a double roll. I find that Scott tissue lasts much longer than any other leading name brand. No, its not as cushy, but its not as rough as a corn cob either. :D

misstee
03-13-2004, 11:52 PM
In our house, we go through a little under a roll a day.

quiltguy154
03-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Hell's bells, man, are you making a papier mache Mt. Rushmore? One roll of Scott[the best kind, I might add] lasts approximately 4 weeks, and that's for a single user-me.

as for smelling like boo boo, gotti, I don't believe Yogi or Mr. Ranger ever complained. :D

omni-not
03-14-2004, 02:01 PM
I have to ask: is it...quilted?

Fern Forest
03-14-2004, 03:10 PM
My grandmother goes through a little over 1 roll a day by herself. So you're at about 0.3 Rosies. Not too bad.

I just bought 70 rolls yesterday. I'd snag another 70 today if I could.

gluteus maximus
03-14-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm not an expert in this field, just your average consumer, but I believe that if you think you're using too much; you're using too much.

If there are tire tracks in your underwear; you're not using enough. :eek:

BuckleberryFerry
03-14-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm not an expert in this field, just your average consumer <snip>

Your username is false advertising, then.

quiltguy154
03-14-2004, 03:38 PM
I have to ask: is it...quilted?

Plain,white, unadorned, unmedicated, unscented, and mercifully unquilted, the way the good Og intended it to be.

Dutch George
03-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Might I humbly suggest that "rolls per week" or similar is a very imprecise measure if an objective is to compare usage habits. Few, if any, posters have specified (i) number of members of household; (ii) frequency of visits; (iii) any other special conditions.

How about defining a run-rate by stating "sheets per :rolleyes: ... session"?

I confess to using about 8 on average - double-folded (to avoid finger-breakthrough misery) so roughly four passes. Thorough, maybe, but don't call me obsessive. Of course individual fluctuations occur, but I don't think anyone would want me to go there.

Tentacle Monster
03-14-2004, 04:07 PM
If there are tire tracks in your underwear; you're not using enough.

On the other hand, if there's blood on the paper, you're using too much.

========================*
The More You Know

gluteus maximus
03-14-2004, 04:55 PM
Your username is false advertising, then.

My username is gluteus maximus, not anus maximus!

gluteus maximus
03-14-2004, 04:58 PM
On the other hand, if there's blood on the paper, you're using too much.

Using what too much?

Silver Serpentine
03-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Well, there are two of us in my household, and I get whatever decent double rolls are cheapest that week (I currently have Charmin with Ripples).

We go through a six-pack every 2-3 weeks. I don't think it's excessive.

Tho' when I lived in Austin and had 4-8 friends over every night, we went through a LOT more.

GorillaMan
03-14-2004, 08:47 PM
First time on my own, and it's been 3 rolls in 2 weeks - but I do have irritable bowel syndrome, and really hairy buttocks, so ummmmm well imagine it yourselves :p

fruitbat
03-14-2004, 09:06 PM
When I was in college and living alone I once went five months on one roll of toilet paper. I don't consider myself particualrly sparing of the paper, and I wasn't so poor that it was a cost issue. I am just a man of habit. Once per day at 11am. My favorite toilet was the fifth floor library throne where I went to check my email after class.

I will admit that after a while my paper conservation became a private contest. I was a bit sad to see that last sheet spin into oblivion.

Cat Whisperer
03-14-2004, 10:34 PM
<snip>
I confess to using about 8 on average - double-folded (to avoid finger-breakthrough misery) <snip>
Not to start a whole 'nother "front or back loaded toilet paper" debate, but toilet paper should be wadded, not folded. Folding does not increase the surface area for efficient wiping like wadding does. :D

green_bladder
03-15-2004, 04:16 AM
It also depends on what kind of food you regularly eat. Heavy Indian food or some oh-my-fucking-God-is-that-my-anus-on-fire Thai food? Then a roll a week seems about right.

Kalhoun
03-15-2004, 08:19 AM
One roll of Scott (1,000 sheets) per week, two people. Plus my husband's friend who insists on taking a dump at our house at least once, and often twice, per week. I think he does it so he won't run out of TP at home.

OpalCat
03-15-2004, 08:31 AM
I'm all about using as much TP as you need to get the job done. I use a lot less TP since I installed bidet attachments to my toilet seats, though. And I feel fresh and clean all the time! :D

Change your life >>> http://www.lepetitbidet.com/ (you can get them cheaper on ebay, usually)

meek
03-15-2004, 09:56 AM
I'm all about using as much TP as you need to get the job done. But now I use 95 PER CENT less TP since I picked up one of these beauties.

And I feel fresh and clean all the time!

Change your life >>> Go to this link (http://www.thejokefactory.org/JF_pictures/Pictures_by_date/2003/05_May_03/Who%20needs%20toilet%20paper.jpg) (you can get them cheaper on ebay, usually)

:D

brainfizz
03-15-2004, 10:37 AM
I use about one roll every three months when I'm living on my own. But then again, I only take a dump every 7-10 days.

misstee
03-15-2004, 10:45 AM
But then again, I only take a dump every 7-10 days.

Is this healthy?

Lord Ashtar
03-15-2004, 04:38 PM
I use about one roll every three months when I'm living on my own. But then again, I only take a dump every 7-10 days.

I believe that's called constipation. Try some Ex-Lax. You may find that you lose 15-20 pounds in one sitting.

FilmGeek
03-15-2004, 06:55 PM
Doesn't a lot depend on if you have men or women living in your house?

The way I see it, women use a LOT more toilet paper then men... at least that's how it is in our house.

Mr. Fuller
03-15-2004, 08:33 PM
interesting. hmmm.

hoopersnot
03-15-2004, 10:08 PM
One roll of Scott (1,000 sheets) per week, two people. Plus my husband's friend who insists on taking a dump at our house at least once, and often twice, per week. I think he does it so he won't run out of TP at home.

Wow that brings up another subject, I won't go #2 at someone elses house unless an absolute emergecy. I mean they would have to close that wing of the house for the day!

sleeping
03-15-2004, 10:27 PM
1 Scott roll (one-ply, 1000 sheets) for 3 days for me. That usually amounts to 3 instances of use.

GorillaMan
03-15-2004, 10:38 PM
Try some Ex-Lax. You may find that you lose 15-20 pounds in one sitting.

That's unhealthy.

There's stuff that resides, even lives in your bowel, which you need. Without it, you've got big problems. The purpose of the intestine is not simply to shove everything out. The 20-pound comment suggests that's what you're recommending. It's not a good idea.

And to the guy Lord Ashtar was replying to: If you've no pain, no discomfort and capable of 'moving', there's nothing to worry about.

Excalibre
03-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Does the toilet clog each time you go? If so, change your paper or flushing habits. What in the world makes toilet paper usage "excessive" under any other circumstances? Use a roll each time if you like - long as your butt's clean, you're good. Some things in life, there's just no reason to skimp on. I mean, damn, we're talking hygiene here. However much it takes, use that much. There ya go.

sportshoe
03-16-2004, 03:06 AM
If I would have to make a scientific study on this I would have to have more info like:
How many roles you use a week?
How many times you take a dump a week?
Are you a woman or a man? (Women use TP for pp, men don't)
What do you generally eat? Mexican food?

And last but not least: How large is your ass?

Way way 2 complicated for me. Would take too much time.
Time I don't have, need to push a splinter out of my back.