PDA

View Full Version : Old movie boo-boo, train Xing sound.

mangeorge
05-10-2004, 08:57 PM
A long time ago some friends and I were sitting around idly watching a movie and getting stoned. I'm hoping this was not a mass hallucination.
Anyway, the characters were at a RR crossing and a passing train made the "ding-ding" sound associated with crossings everywhere. Trouble is, this sound went ding-ding, ding-ding, ding-ding, ding-ding, ding-ding. As you would hear it if you were on the train. The scene was in the car. We should have heard a steady ding-ding, etc. All of us noticed, but the train passed and the movie continued.
This was an old, b&w movie and we weren't paying enough attention for me to remember much more about it. We did talk some about it at a later date, but were'nt really convinced that we heard what we thought we did.
Any help?
BTW; I think it was two men.
Peace,
mangeorge

Eve
05-10-2004, 09:09 PM
It always bothers me in movies and on TV--to this day!--that when someone on the other end hangs up the phone, you instantly hear a dial tone. Maybe that really happened in 1930, but certainly no more.

Reeder
05-10-2004, 10:59 PM
It happens no more because the person that initiates the call has to hang up to break the connection.

I listened to Debij and her friends talk in her car for an hour one night as she drove home. Because she didn't break the connection.