PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Experience with Reinstating Their License Online?

Ephemera
10-19-2004, 10:13 PM
I assume this is a GQ and not an IMHO but am unsure. Mods, do whatever.

Last year, I was in a minor accident with another car while driving uninsured and unbeknownst to me at the time, your license is automatically suspended in instances like this. At least in Tennessee.

Flash forward a year and I have moved to the other side of the country and am using a friend's car as transportation until I am pulled over last week for speeding. I give the officer my license and am then told my license is suspended and that I obviously need to get a new one. I also got lots of fines and a court date, but that's beside the point.

After I get to work, I look around the 'net to find out what it is I need to do to have my license reinstated and wind up on Tennessee's website where it tells me I need to give them $140 (done) and to have insurance (done as well). The problem is, there wasn't any field for me to put my insurance policy number in and I'm not sure what repercussions that might have on getting my license reinstated.

Has anyone else been in this situation? If so, can you tell me what happened? I am hoping it either goes through or that they mail me some form that I need to mail back to them but I am obviously unsure. I'd really like this done and over with as A) I need my license to work as driving is an integral part of my job and B) I am hoping that if I show the judge I am working towards correcting my mistakes without his or her prompting, he or she will be a little more lenient towards me in regards to how much I'm being fined.

This uncertainty is nerve wracking. Thanks in advance for any helpful answers.