PDA

View Full Version : How can I clean up my Chatty Cathy doll?

truthbot
01-20-2005, 12:32 AM
I've been cleaning out my mothers' house since she died last summer. I found my old Chatty Cathy doll at the bottom of a box, and she looks rather soiled. I would estimate Cathy's age to be about 45 years (or less) and she needs a make-over. I will use Woolite on her hair and clothing, but it's her body parts that are quite grungy. I would appreciate advice on what to use on her nearly-antique limbs and face.

And yes, she's still chatty. Her voice box works just fine! "I looove yoooou" was the first thing she said to me when I pulled her string for the first time in 40+ years. Boy, did that bring back memories......

DanBlather
01-20-2005, 01:46 AM
When I saw the title my first thought was wash her mouth out with soap.

truthbot
01-20-2005, 02:27 AM
My Dearest Mr. Blather:

My beloved Chatty Cathy has very clean teeth and oral hygiene in general. She was the epitome of female decorum in her time. A Proper Lady, if you will. She always wore white gloves at our tea-parties and regaled the other 'ladies' with her wit.

Are you throwing down the gauntlet, Sir?? I daresay Chatty Cathy could kick your G.I. Joe's ass with her handbag tangled in her 'Faberge' bracelet whilst behind her back. Fortunes are wavering on this wager, so get back to us in a timely manner.

cckerberos
01-20-2005, 02:37 AM
This (http://www.chatty-cathy.net/care.html) site might be of use to you.

truthbot
01-20-2005, 02:56 AM
cckerberos , thank you! The site you sent me to has many tips I was looking for. Once again; I thank you.

Your (new) friend,

Dalee

DanBlather
01-20-2005, 02:57 AM
My Dearest Mr. Blather:

My beloved Chatty Cathy has very clean teeth and oral hygiene in general. She was the epitome of female decorum in her time. A Proper Lady, if you will. She always wore white gloves at our tea-parties and regaled the other 'ladies' with her wit.

Are you throwing down the gauntlet, Sir?? I daresay Chatty Cathy could kick your G.I. Joe's ass with her handbag tangled in her 'Faberge' bracelet whilst behind her back. Fortunes are wavering on this wager, so get back to us in a timely manner.Far be it from me to offend my fellow-webfooter or her(?) doll.