PDA

View Full Version : Romances or attraction between humans and non-humans

Scott Plaid
03-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Ray Bradbury wrote a story called "Death and the Maiden" The idea inspired a german comic strip entitled Der Tod und das Mädchen (http://www.cartoontomb.de/english/death.htm)
available in both english (http://www.cartoontomb.de/english/death.htm) and german (http://comics.orf.at/comics/381). (Yes, I know that “Todd” sounds like a boring name, but don’t tell him so. :D )

In the kid's Cartoon show "My life as a Teenage Robot", a throwaway line show that the main character is dating a human, Brad (Yay! It's no longer reading between the lines)

Also, there are many fan fiction stories based on ghost related movies and shows have romances between the main human and a ghost. In my opinion, they make an excellent case.

But really, these can not be the only examples. There has been so much history of literature, and fiction, that their must be at least one other, if not more. Anyone have any?

P.S. Oh, yeah, Leda and the Swan. Gods and people. Can't forget that.

Scott Plaid
03-07-2005, 06:47 PM
How on earth did I put this in GD? Oh, crud! I will never hear the end of this.

QuickSilver
03-07-2005, 07:20 PM
To say nothing of the special Highland bond between a man and his sheep... :p

tomndebb
03-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Well, there's always John Collier's His Monkey Wife (Collier also participated in the screenplay for The African Queen).

Askia
03-07-2005, 09:02 PM
Women and livestock, man. Centaurs, the Minotaur, fauns and satyrs all came from somewhere, man.

Remember HER? (http://www.geocities.com/kids_inthehall/chickenlady.jpg) Canada has a lot to answer for.

HPL
03-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Women and livestock, man. Centaurs, the Minotaur, fauns and satyrs all came from somewhere, man.

Remember HER? (http://www.geocities.com/kids_inthehall/chickenlady.jpg) Canada has a lot to answer for.
I was going to mention that whole affair that lead to the birth of the minotaur........ Maybe Size was all she cared about?

Qadgop the Mercotan
03-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Robert Silverberg's "Majipoor Chronicles" had a story about just such a topic, a young woman living in the jungle who gets into a relationship with one of the other aliens who came to settle on Majipoor. It might have been a Skandar.

capybara
03-07-2005, 09:38 PM
(Just wanted to note that the pairing of Death and the Maiden goes back WAY before Bradbury, who was pulling from an older tradition. Say, something like one of Hans Baldung Grien's versions from fifteen-hundred and sumpin'-sumpin'.
Just sayin'.)
How about things like Narcissus and a reflection, or Pygmalion and a sculpture? Catherine the Great and. . .

Askia
03-07-2005, 09:40 PM
I've been with Cathy. It ain't that great.

dotchan
03-07-2005, 09:41 PM
The OP has already mentioned mythology. Greco-Roman mythology is especially (in?)famous for human/nonhuman pairings, sometimes consensual, but most often not. (How many classical paintings are titled "The Rape of..."?)

Xanth is full of cross-species pairings, thanks to a Love Spring (which, apparently, is also a Lust Spring), and in fact one of the characters postulate that Xanth is the magical land it is because they're so open-minded and tolerant about doing it with other things. :rolleyes:

Humans are, of course, the most prolific breeders in the known universe, as evidenced by all the half-whatevers in D&D. (Both the human and the orc must have been mightily drunk.)

A lot of manga have human/other pairings, with either comic and tragic results. And sometimes both. (Ah! My Goddess, A.I. Love You, Dragon Ball Z, Hellsing, Inu-Yasha, Record of Lodoss War, and Trigun are just a few I can name off the top of my head.)

Baker
03-07-2005, 09:45 PM
In later Star Trek seris it seemed that many romantic pairings shown involved humans and non-humans, or different non-humans. Trill and Klingon, Bajoran and founder, Klingon and Betazid, Neelix and whoever she was, the short lifer. And the one crewmember of Voyager, who had her baby alone after they were stranded in the Delta Quadrant, her husband wasn't human. And didn't the holographic doctor hook up with a human when they got home, or was that one of those "alternate timelines" episodes.?

Morbo
03-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Lailari and Tech Sergeant Chen - Galaxy Quest

Baker
03-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Hey guys, get a room........oh, that's not right!

Ephemera
03-08-2005, 06:11 AM
And didn't the holographic doctor hook up with a human when they got home, or was that one of those "alternate timelines" episodes.?

Alt-timeline. The last episode of the series is when they finally got home.

Scott Plaid
03-08-2005, 08:39 AM
God, these are all great.
Blame Canda!
Lailari and Tech Sergeant Chen - Galaxy Quest
I loved that! I am going off to find if there is some fanfiction based on the idea of society finding out that she is not human. If not, I will rewatch it and maybe write my own.
A lot of manga have human/other pairings, with either comic and tragic results. And sometimes both. (Ah! My Goddess, A.I. Love You, Dragon Ball Z, Hellsing, Inu-Yasha, Record of Lodoss War, and Trigun are just a few I can name off the top of my head.)
Any favorite couples?

Trion
03-08-2005, 08:41 AM
Then there's whatshisname. The one who lives in Metropolis. :cool:

RealityChuck
03-08-2005, 08:49 AM
"Helen O'Loy" by Lester del Rey (one of the first human/robot romances)
The Silver Metal Lover by Tanith Lee
The Robots of Dawn by Isaac Asimov implies that human/robot sex is going on, but is considered taboo.
"And I Awoke to Find Me Here on the Cold Hill Side" by James Tiptree, Jr.
"Your Haploid Heart" by James Tiptree, Jr., which, among other things, says that if any alien species is interfertile with humans, there will be children, implying that humans will have sex with any alien species they meet.
"The Munij Deserters" by Chuck Rothman

Scott Plaid
03-08-2005, 09:06 AM
The Silver Metal Lover by Tanith Lee
I have a graphic novel version illustrated by Trina Robbins.

CandidGamera
03-08-2005, 09:07 AM
I've been with Cathy. It ain't that great.

So you're saying you were hung like a horse? :dubious:

Scott Plaid
03-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Oh yeah, I remember him. John Jones, The Martian Manhunter. I remeber him. His kid Brother. His kid brother was named T'omm. (Detective Comics no. 286) At least I think that's who you are talking about. There are so many alien superheros, that I have problems telling them apart. :p

Askia
03-08-2005, 09:46 AM
So you're saying you were hung like a horse? :dubious: "Were?"

Son, I'm saying I rode her like one. Hee-YAH!

Ithaka
03-08-2005, 09:48 AM
Robert Silverberg's "Majipoor Chronicles" had a story about just such a topic, a young woman living in the jungle who gets into a relationship with one of the other aliens who came to settle on Majipoor. It might have been a Skandar.

It's not a Skandar (who are the hairy, 4-armed fellows) but one of the other ones whose name escapes me - more reptilian.

There is another story in the same book of a female human's relationship with a Shape-shifter.

Both are very well and sensitively done.

Askia
03-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Oh, yeah. Superman and Lois Lane. Mork and Mindy.

rjk
03-08-2005, 10:13 AM
It's been a while since I read it, but didn't John Carter get together with that egg-laying Martian princess?

In Larry Niven's Ringworld, sex was a standard way of greeting a new group of "people" of species descended from humans.

I also faintly remember a science-fiction short I read years ago in which diplomats (at least) had a 'breeding spouse' of their own species and a 'social spouse' for parties and other public occasions. I don't think there was any inter-species sex, though.

Ephemera
03-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley.

Askia
03-08-2005, 10:19 AM
W-which one is the alien?

I mean, Elvis' daughter, f'rcrissakes.

Ephemera
03-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Touché. She does has an awfully pointed head.

Ithaka
03-08-2005, 10:26 AM
There's Perdidio Street Station (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0330392891/qid=1110296425/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-5245805-9241410) by China Mieville, which is a top bit of gothic sci fi. The main human character is in a relationship with a scarab beetle woman.

Again, this is much more sensitively done than it possibly sounds . . .

RealityChuck
03-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Futz (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0064354/). It actually was a moderately successful off-Broadway play, but the movie -- about a man's love for his pet pig -- couldn't find an audience, for some reason. :)

CandidGamera
03-08-2005, 10:30 AM
"Were?"

Son, I'm saying I rode her like one. Hee-YAH!

While you picked up on one layer of my meaning, I think you might've missed the other - hung as in suspended in the air by cables..? ;)

TV time
03-08-2005, 10:41 AM
With fears that this may cause this to end up in either GD or the Pitt, what about the Christian God and the Virgin Mary?

According to the last line of the OP this should qualify.

(slinks away getting ready to be berated)

gonzoron
03-08-2005, 12:04 PM
Star Trek's always been full of them, even from the beginning. Spock is Half-human, half-vulcan. Kirk hits on any attractive woman, regardless of species. Baker missed human/klingon from TNG and Voyager, Trill/Human from TNG and DS9, Ferengi/Bajoran from DS9, Enterprise has Trip and T'pol for Vulcan/Human action... The list continues....

Then there's tolkien, the (sort of) original source of D&D's half-elves. (The halfbreed species in D&D include half-dragon, half-ogre, half-giant (ouch!), half-celestial (angel), half-fiend (demon or devil), half-fey (Faerie folk), and dhampir (half-vampire).)

(Isn't Hagrid from Harry Potter half-giant or something, too?)

Alien Nation got into Human/Newcomer pairings, including the main human character.

Babylon 5 had Human/Minbari (and maybe some others I missed).

Scott Plaid
03-08-2005, 12:16 PM
According to the last line of the OP this should qualify.
::cackles evily::

Scott Plaid
03-08-2005, 01:00 PM
I have fond memories of a comic-book called "Dalgoda" written by Strnad & Fujitake. The hero has an antromorphic looking, terrier looking alien. I believe I recall taht it was from Fantagraphic press. A very religous engineer was in lust with him. Very tasty angst.

TV time
03-08-2005, 01:02 PM
::cackles evily::That response implies that you were intending the God/Mary response all along. Which on this board means....

Miss Purl McKnittington
03-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Mark Wahlberg and Helena Bonham Carter's characters in the Planet of the Apes re-make.

In Freedom's Landing by Anne McCaffrey sexual relationships between the Catteni overlords and human females are pretty common, though are usually more of a sex-toy relationship than anything based on respect.

Monstre
03-08-2005, 01:28 PM
In Family Guy, Brian (the dog) had a serious attraction for Lois. He was secretly in love with her, one episode. Although I'm pretty sure it was never consumated... ;)

Khan
03-08-2005, 01:36 PM

Aw, you beat me to the hanyou, you bastard! :mad: :D

How do you figure about Trigun?

I was under the impression that Vash and Knives were genetically engineered.

Then again, whatever they really were, Vash was always trying to get with anything lacking a Y-chromosome.

Let's not forget the controversy in Futurama over the Lucy Liu-bot.

Nor the time when Brian was trying to nail the flautist in Family Guy.

And, Baker, you were thinking of Kes, an Ocampa.

OtakuLoki
03-08-2005, 01:37 PM
David Brin's The Uplift War has a very well thought out romance between a human and non-human.

Then there is the question about whether vampires count as human or non-human for the purposes of this OP. Personally, since the mindset of a vampire is so often warped from what most humans have, I'd think that it would.

Eric Flint and Dave Freer have two books involving a cyber uplifted rat and human who are in love with each other. (Platonic, but still it's a romance.) Rats, Bats and Vats and The Rats, The Vats and the Ugly.

Frederick Pohl's Gateway books end with a computer having a close, if not precisely romantic, relationship with two human women.

It's a very common theme, actually.

Then there's a very disturbing short story I recall from Octavia Butler, I think it was, about a human and an insect-like alien, who had a very close relationship, and the human volunteered to be an incubator for the alien's larvae, like some wasps do. *shudder*

CalMeacham
03-08-2005, 01:49 PM
The ones that came to mind were Larry Niven's Ringworld rishathra, Alien Nation's obvious implied sex, and all versions of Star Trek, which assume human-alien interfertility. I always liked Larry Nivenm's line from "Man of Steel: Woman of Kleenex" -- "On the face of it, Superman could as easily mate with an ear of corn [as with Lois Lane]".

Philip Jose Farmer was obsessed with this sort of tghing. Heck, look at his titles -- The Lovers, Strange Relations. Farmer came up with a couple of ways for humans to participate in sex with aliens that produced progeny but which didn't require interfertility. Interesting to read, and not just for that.

Phil Foglio's Xxxenophile comic depicted human mating with mythological creatures and with aliens, in interesting, clever, and humorous ways.

Scott Plaid
03-08-2005, 01:59 PM
::Shudder::

Well, on the computer side of things, there is a song (http://children.ofthenight.org/cloudbusting/music/deeper_understanding.html)by Kate Bush, entitled "Deeper Understanding", about a woman who is becoming emotionaly involved with the Artifical conversation module on her computer.

cmkeller
03-08-2005, 02:07 PM
From the Legion of Super-Heroes, original version:

Bouncing Boy (earth human) and Duo Damsel (Cargggite humanoid, powers inherent amongst her planet's natives)
Colossal Boy (earth human) and Yera (Durlan)
Janice Warren (earth human) and Chameleon Boy (Durlan)
Wildfire (earth human, turned to energy) and Dawnstar (winged human from Starhaven)
Karate Kid (earth human) and Princess/Queen Projectra (Orando humanoid, from race that typically does not have powers)

From L.E.G.I.O.N., Captain Comet (Earth human with powers) and Marijn Bek (Cairnian humanoid, no powers)

Scott Plaid
03-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Danmit! Now it looks like I was shuddering at Phil Foglio. No, that shudder was for the post before last. Post 39. I was long as I am here, why not include fanfiction? I have just stumbled across a page of Uber-Xena fiction. Fiction that concerns the pairing of Xena and Gabriell in other settings. Mostly through reincarnation, but sometimes with the same girls, just in modern day , thanks to immortality potions. No, wait it doesn't just take place in modern day.

ANYway, I have stumbled into a piece of amusing little fiction concerning the romance between two computers. Since it is really about reincarnated human beings, and I am the OP, I see no problem with posting a link. Besides, it's sweet. "I Have Many Help Files" (http://www.ausxip.com/fanfic5/help_files.html)

The Devil's Grandmother
03-08-2005, 02:42 PM
There's some human/nonhuman attraction in the novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip Dick. It is carried over in the movie Blade Runner, which is loosely based on the novel.

Sean Factotum
03-08-2005, 02:56 PM
In C. J. Cherryh's Foreigner series, Bren Cameron carries on a physical relationship with one of his atevi bodyguards, Jago.

tremorviolet
03-08-2005, 03:17 PM
How do you figure about Trigun?

I can't remember how it pays out in the anime but in the manga, it's implied that Vash and Knives are a kinda human/plant (the plants that power the spaceships and cities which may or may not be actual vegetation) hybrid. The Japanese text uses the English word "plant" but doesn't make it real clear what is meant by that.

In Family Guy, Brian (the dog) had a serious attraction for Lois. He was secretly in love with her, one episode. Although I'm pretty sure it was never consumated...

If you wanna use Family Guy, there was that episode where Brian fell in love with the old lady. And brought her a virtual reality kit on her deathbed to show here what their life together would be life, even going so far as to show puppies and babies. ( :rolleyes: he's dog, she's geriatric) which I guess implies virtual sex too. (I thought that episode was horribly maudlin.)

Hmmmmm, thinking about old Trek, it does seem really odd that Kirk could go off and have all sorts of affairs with alien women but it was a big a deal when he kissed a black woman. Green alien women are more acceptable love interests than dark humans. Wow, that's kinda messed up...

Odinoneeye
03-08-2005, 03:21 PM

That's exactly the storyline I came in to mention.

For the uninitiated, Swamp Thing's girlfriend Abby was caught making out with him by a photographer. She was arrested for having relations with something not human. She escaped and made her way to Gotham where she is caught again.

Swamp Thing attacks, bring Gotham to a stand still.

Trion's quote comes from a speech Batman makes about all the other things not human on Earth (DC comics version)

Bouncing Boy (earth human) and Duo Damsel (Cargggite humanoid, powers inherent amongst her planet's natives)

I'd have to take issue with this one. Carggg was colonized by Earthlings by Valor (as were many of the worlds that Legionaires come from). She's human. Some of your other examples might be the same, but I have no evidence of it.

Other DC comic related ones are

Raven - daughter of a human and a dealer

Laurel Gand (a daxamite) and Rond Vidar (not sure, but he looks human but his father was a pointy eared alien) had a baby.

Lobo was the last of his species, but he was known to have hundreds of kids the mothers of which were from many different races. ("That's what happens when your mother's a Durlan and your father's a bastard" - Timer Wolf mini-series)

Amythist - daughter of a human and a Lord of Order (albeit in a human's body)

Odinoneeye
03-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Raven - daughter of a human and a dealer

Make that human and DEMON

cmkeller
03-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Odinoneeye:

I won't deny that some of my Legion-related listings are a bit iffy. That's why I detailed the pedigree of each of them...let the reader decide if they fit.

Scott Plaid
03-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Make that human and DEMON
No, he just wanted to make her mom think he was a big deal. ::snickers::

I was amazed when they mentioned it on the Teen Titans cartoon. Sure, so it wasn't verbalized, but you knew what it was about.

Khan
03-08-2005, 04:16 PM
I can't remember how it pays out in the anime but in the manga, it's implied that Vash and Knives are a kinda human/plant (the plants that power the spaceships and cities which may or may not be actual vegetation) hybrid. The Japanese text uses the English word "plant" but doesn't make it real clear what is meant by that.

I see...

The anime implies the same thing. I just didn't figure there was any romance involved in that situation, y'know?

;)

tremorviolet
03-08-2005, 04:29 PM
I see...

The anime implies the same thing. I just didn't figure there was any romance involved in that situation, y'know?

;)

Well, if you ignore the obvious Wolfwood/Vash implication, I guess there really isn't any. ;)

Scott Plaid
03-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Anytime you put two handsome men together in a work of fiction, that must mean they are romantically involved.

:)

tremorviolet
03-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Anytime you put two handsome men together in a work of fiction, that must mean they are romantically involved.

Well, duh. :D (OK, I usually refrain from spreading the slashy goodness on this board but I just couldn't resist...)

Scott Plaid
03-08-2005, 04:46 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Argh! :)
I am being buried in smiles! Well, to all the people here wondering why I am talking about slash, well, :)
1. It can be tiriring to see story after story where it is simply assumed that the main guy and main girl will get together.

2. When they are always posing together in posters from the series, you tend not to view them as publicity shots, but as snapshots from their lives

3. Sometimes it seems like the main female would get along better with the other main female.

:) :) :)

Spoke
03-08-2005, 04:54 PM
It's really not surprising that there are so many alien-human hookups, since Earth Girls Are Easy (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0097257/). It doesn't even seem to matter that they're a different Species (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0114508/).

MovieMogul
03-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Gene Wilder and a sheep (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068555/)

OtakuLoki
03-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Danmit! Now it looks like I was shuddering at Phil Foglio. No, that shudder was for the post before last. Post 39.

Duuude, I know why you were shuddering.

What made it worse was that earlier in the story the main character and his alien friend/mentor had been around another human incubator who couldn't get to a suitable secondary host (IIRC it was supposed to be a sheep) when the larvae started getting really active, and the human host died.

Parasitology is never a pretty subject. Add romance and you've got a story that suitable to really warp young minds.

Monstre
03-08-2005, 06:29 PM
And then of course there's American Pie, with the encounter between Jim and... well... the pie.

Although I guess technically it wasn't really a "romance". :D

Chronos
03-08-2005, 06:59 PM
In Babylon 5, G'Kar, the Narn embassador, has a thing for human women (at least for one-night stands; a long-term relationship is never implied), but all of the other Narns who know about this consider it a rather distasteful predilliction. There's one episode where someone goes to meet with him, and Na'Toth, his assistant, tells the visitor that G'Kar is indisposed. Just then, three human prostitutes walk out of his quarters, followed by G'Kar in a loose robe, and she adds "I believe he can see you now", with a really disgusted look on her face.

Great commentary on the meme of aliens always wanting our women, if you ask me.

The Asbestos Mango
03-08-2005, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=CalMeacham]Philip Jose Farmer was obsessed with this sort of tghing. Heck, look at his titles -- The Lovers, Strange Relations. Farmer came up with a couple of ways for humans to participate in sex with aliens that produced progeny but which didn't require interfertility. Interesting to read, and not just for that.

[QUOTE]

And let us not forget the immortal classic Venus on the Half-Shell.

Did so.

Yes, he did.

No, Kurt Vonnegut did not write it. Philip Jose Farmer did.

Look, dude, I used to have a copy with the author's real name on the cover. It was Philip Jose Farmer.

Yes it was.

Look, don't make me have to go to Border's just to prove my point. Philip Jose Farmer wrote Venus on the Half-Shell.

Anyhoo, that book, yes he freaking did so write it, has some really weird no it was not Kurt Vonnegut depictions of human-alien it was so Philip Jose Farmer sex.

The Asbestos Mango
03-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Philip Jose Farmer was obsessed with this sort of tghing. Heck, look at his titles -- The Lovers, Strange Relations. Farmer came up with a couple of ways for humans to participate in sex with aliens that produced progeny but which didn't require interfertility. Interesting to read, and not just for that.

Let us not forget the immortal classic Venus on the Half-Shell

Yes, he did.

No, Kilgore Trout was not Kurt Vonnegut.

Was not.

Yes, he did.

Look, I used to have a copy with the author's real name on the cover. It was Philip Jose Farmer

Was so.

Look, don't make me have to go to Border's just to prove it to you.

Well, maybe I will anyway. I need to replace my lost copy anyway.

Sublight
03-08-2005, 09:00 PM
If you wanna use Family Guy, there was that episode where Brian fell in love with the old lady. And brought her a virtual reality kit on her deathbed to show here what their life together would be life, even going so far as to show puppies and babies. ( :rolleyes: he's dog, she's geriatric) which I guess implies virtual sex too. (I thought that episode was horribly maudlin.)

In the DVD commentary, McFarlane noted that the episode contained three references to bestiality (Brain & the old woman, Peter & a giant bird, Grizzy Adams 7 Ben) and an upskirt shot of an 80-year-old, but the only thing the network balked at was the depiction of a noose.

Sublight
03-08-2005, 09:01 PM
"Grizzy Adams 7 Ben"

Just pretend I hit the 'shift' key on that 7 there. Thanks.

The Asbestos Mango
03-08-2005, 09:50 PM
sorry about the double post up there, I thought the hamsters had got the first one..

HPL
03-09-2005, 12:51 AM

Look at this this way. McFarlene was considering having little dog-human hybrids in the VR segment.

Has anyone mentioned the Muppets, particulary Kermit and Ms. Piggy? In at least one incarnation(the Christmas Carol), they have childern together. The boys are all frogs and the girls are all pigs.

Blake
03-09-2005, 02:14 AM
The Bible refers to marriages between human women and what are presumably angels.

There are any number of examples form Anne Rice’s vampire novels of romantic attraction between humans and vampires or vice versa, all of them inevitably doomed.

The ‘Aliens’ novels featured a romantic entanglement between an android and a human woman and it was implied in the 4th movie that at least one of the crew of the ‘Betty’ was given to having sex with androids although romance was unlikely.

The movie ‘Starman’ featured a romance between an alien in human form and a human woman.

gigi
03-09-2005, 01:00 PM
How about "Splash"?

Scott Plaid
03-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Oh, I loved that movie. But you know, this is the second page, and unless I missed something, I seem to be the only person admitting to be a gushing fan boy, save for one or two others. So I guess I am not the only one after all. So much for the last few sentences. A :wally is me.

Anyway, are most posters here passionate about the pairing they have posted, or just "ehh", or are they passionately "It's just a movie/ show/ book/ comic strip/ piece of mythology."

Darwin's Finch
03-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Passion in the Desert (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0125980/) - features a weird sensual, if not sexual, relationship between a human and a leopard.

Sean Factotum
03-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Look at this this way. McFarlene was considering having little dog-human hybrids in the VR segment.
Which ended up in the episode where Brian falls in love with the dog that Lois' father owns, Seabreeze. In the end, we find out the identity of the real father of the puppies (and it ain't Brian.)