PDA

View Full Version : Question about Chipotle, the restaurant

John_Stamos'_Left_Ear
11-20-2005, 04:59 AM
While doing a Google search to find the phone number of the Chipotle nearest to me, I noticed that several pages allude to "several so-called "secret items" not listed on the regular menu but available by request." One such secret item according to these sources is Quesadillas.

What are the rest of them and how much do they cost?

Joey P
11-20-2005, 09:43 AM
While doing a Google search to find the phone number of the Chipotle nearest to me, I noticed that several pages allude to "several so-called "secret items" not listed on the regular menu but available by request." One such secret item according to these sources is Quesadillas.

What are the rest of them and how much do they cost?

Was this on the website itself or on another non-chipotle page. I looked all over the chipotle.com site (which, BTW, is rather difficult to navigate) and didn't see anything. The only thing I can think of is that if you don't want something on the menu, they'll make whatever you want for you. I used to always get a bowl with rice, barbacoa, peppers and onions, pico, green salsa, sour cream and cheese. It was a fajita burrito in a bowl with rice...kinda. Eitherway it wasn't a menu item, but they could always make it for me.

bradministrator
11-20-2005, 09:44 AM
I recall reading on a menu at Chipotle that they'll make anything they have ingredients for by request.

Balthisar
11-20-2005, 10:20 AM
I recall reading on a menu at Chipotle that they'll make anything they have ingredients for by request.
I don't think I have Chipotle's around here (I'm back in Michigan by the way; I need to change my profile), but taking the OP's example into account -- quesadillas -- what would you get when you ordered them? The Taco-Bell-like Mexican pizza thing that everyone seems to have everywhere, or melted cheese in a warm, non-fried tortilla? I could ask about lots and lots of examples, and now maybe I'll look the place up -- queso fundido is about the most delicious, simple thing that exists in the entire world, and I've never, ever encountered it in any Mexican restaurant anywhere (well, Mexico aside). Sounds like this Chipotle's may be a good place to try it?

Elendil's Heir
11-21-2005, 01:50 PM
We have several Chipotles around here, and like to go now and again. Good, fast, cheap but high-quality semi-Mexican food. We always get a cheese quesadilla for our son: the counter guy (or gal) sprinkles a few handfuls of cheese on a tortilla shell, folds it in half, wraps it up in foil (usually takes two pieces) and smooshes it flat on the grill for half a minute or so. Don't think it's on the menu, but it's never been a problem.

tim314
11-21-2005, 05:52 PM
I don't think I have Chipotle's around here (I'm back in Michigan by the way; I need to change my profile)No Chipotle in Michigan so far as I know, but they do have several other "Mexican Grill" style restaurants, such as Qdoba or Panchero's. I haven't had the quesadillas at either of them, though.

Jayrot
11-21-2005, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't get too excited about Chipotle, Balthisar. It's owned by McDonalds. (which is not to say that there's anything wrong with it, but just don't go in there asking about for queso fundido)

TJdude825
11-21-2005, 06:27 PM
How do they decide how much to charge you for such items?

even sven
11-21-2005, 06:28 PM
I could ask about lots and lots of examples, and now maybe I'll look the place up -- queso fundido is about the most delicious, simple thing that exists in the entire world, and I've never, ever encountered it in any Mexican restaurant anywhere (well, Mexico aside). Sounds like this Chipotle's may be a good place to try it?

Come to California, man!

flurb
11-21-2005, 09:09 PM
I don't think I have Chipotle's around here (I'm back in Michigan by the way; I need to change my profile), but taking the OP's example into account -- quesadillas -- what would you get when you ordered them? The Taco-Bell-like Mexican pizza thing that everyone seems to have everywhere, or melted cheese in a warm, non-fried tortilla? I could ask about lots and lots of examples, and now maybe I'll look the place up -- queso fundido is about the most delicious, simple thing that exists in the entire world, and I've never, ever encountered it in any Mexican restaurant anywhere (well, Mexico aside). Sounds like this Chipotle's may be a good place to try it?

I wouldn't call Chipotle a Mexican restaurant, more like a burrito place. A pretty good, fast, and cheap burrito place, but not the kind of place where you're going to find tamales or chiles rellenos. Just burrito ingredients that you get to mix and match to your liking (or some items that can be made from the elements of a burrito, like quesadillas).

Bytegeist
11-21-2005, 10:14 PM
I wouldn't call Chipotle a Mexican restaurant, more like a burrito place. A pretty good, fast, and cheap burrito place, but not the kind of place where you're going to find tamales or chiles rellenos....

Exactly. Remember that Saturday Night Live skit about the restaurant that served only cheeseburgers, chips, and Pepsi? Chipotle is the Mexican version of that.

Burrito, burrito, burrito!