PDA

View Full Version : Famous people who are considered unattractive but you think are HOT

Jacob Silj
03-24-2006, 03:05 PM
For me, it would have to be a young Sissy Spacek (yummy, especially in Prime Cut and 3 Women) , and Sandra Bernhard (especially pregnant in that sheer dress in her HBO special). Also a young Lucille Ball in her 1940's film noir days. Anyone have any others?

guizot
03-24-2006, 03:22 PM
I don't know why you think that Lucille Ball was "considered unattractive." She was a pin-up girl before she did comedy.

Jacob Silj
03-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Did not know that about Lucille Ball. I always thought because of her wacky, silly persona that people did not consider her "pretty"- I never did either, until I saw a couple of her early noirs.

control-z
03-24-2006, 03:29 PM
I thought Tracey Gold, Carol Seaver on Growing Pains, was hot. Her character wasn't supposed to be attractive although maybe that was just her brother teasing her.

UntouchedTakeaway
03-24-2006, 03:36 PM
James Carville
Henry Kissinger
Scott Glenn
James Gandolfini (woof!)

VCNJ~

Troy McClure SF
03-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Sara Gilbert as Darlene Connor
Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addams
Natasha Lyonne

Lord Ashtar
03-24-2006, 03:45 PM
I agree with this one. I had a crazy crush on her growing up. Now, I don't really find her that good looking anymore.

want2know
03-24-2006, 03:46 PM
It depends on what you mean by "considered unattractive". For instance, some people think Penelope Cruz is very hot, while others (including myself) wouldn't give her the time of day.

If you mean "not a classic Hollywood beauty", I can think of Alex Borstein from MadTV (short and pudgy--that's what I'm talkin' about!).
I also had the serious hots for Linda Ellerbee when she was on NBC News Overnight .

ddgryphon
03-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Is Christina Ricci actually considered not attractive?!?!

I was always a Bailey Quarters fan back in the day -- way prettier than Loni Anderson. I found Kate on "Drew Carey's Show" VERY attractive.

My aim has always been sort of off in the attractive department. I always preferred Kate Jackson to the other angels (except for the Red Head Tanya Roberts), but I liked kate on Dark Shadows.

I can't think of someone in Hollywood that isn't thought to be pretty, there are certainly some who are thought to be gorgeous, but pretty much everyone is good looking (there are exceptions).

No one made a big deal out of their looks, but Debra Wilson and Nicole Sullivan were on my "hot" list for a good long while -- they're both still very attractive in my book.

Dung Beetle
03-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Steve Buscemi

Alan Rickman (although I don't think I'm alone in thinking he's hot)

Malcolm McDowell

Barry Manilow

Gene Wilder

Harvey Keitel

Caricci
03-24-2006, 03:49 PM
John Goodman.

Jacob Silj
03-24-2006, 03:49 PM
I second that Nicole Sullivan nomination- very hot :)

BMax
03-24-2006, 03:50 PM
It depends on what you mean by "considered unattractive". For instance, some people think Penelope Cruz is very hot, while others (including myself) wouldn't give her the time of day.

If you mean "not a classic Hollywood beauty", I can think of Alex Borstein from MadTV (short and pudgy--that's what I'm talkin' about!).
I also had the serious hots for Linda Ellerbee when she was on NBC News Overnight .

FYI, Penelope Cruz is incredibly hot. Yes, she has pop eyes, a long nose & bird legs. She's still hot.

Don Draper
03-24-2006, 03:52 PM
Clive Owen. I think he looks awesome. My friends think I'm going blind.

astro
03-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Her (http://www.janettebeckman.com/images/celebrity/sandrabernhardt.html)

Revenant Threshold
03-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Janeane Garofalo.

Ghanima
03-24-2006, 04:29 PM
The guy who played Faramir in LOTR. I've seen him in other stuff too and I think he's pretty hot.

Denzel Washington. Oh wait. Every woman on the planet thinks he's hot too, don't they?

pinkfreud
03-24-2006, 04:39 PM
He isn't handsome by Hollywood standards, but Jürgen Prochnow (http://www.peoples.ru/art/cinema/actor/prochnow/prochnow_1.jpg) really floats my boat.

mrunlucky
03-24-2006, 04:41 PM

Especially in Sin City. Yow!

I also have a crush on Ron Livingston, though I suspect many just consider him bland or average.

Translucent Daydream
03-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Gene Wilder

My mom thought that my dad looked exactly like Gene Wilder when they first met and she has always had a crush on Gene...

I think my father has aged considerably better than Gene Wilder did though.

Love Rhombus
03-24-2006, 04:49 PM
Allison Mack. Most Smallville fans I've met like Kreuk or Erica Durrance better, but I'll always be a Mack-man.

Hee hee, I'm so clever.

Troy McClure SF
03-24-2006, 05:06 PM
Is Christina Ricci actually considered not attractive?!?!

Now, no.

As Wednesday Addams, probably. (She's older than me, which I consider to be an important detail.)

mojave66
03-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Bea Arthur. I've had a mini-crush on her for years.

ddgryphon
03-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Allison Mack. Most Smallville fans I've met like Kreuk or Erica Durrance better, but I'll always be a Mack-man.

Hee hee, I'm so clever.

Mack or Durance are about the same page of hot in my book. Kreuk isn't even in the book. Durance is closer to typical showbiz beauty, and Clark's idiocy when it comes to Lana vs. Cloe makes me want to smack him upside the head with a chunk of kryptonite, preferably green.

control-z
03-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Janeane Garofalo.

Yeaaaa, I'd like to get me some of that. :D

handsomeharry
03-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Agnes Moorehead, young OR old
Courtney Love
Cyndi Lauper (young or old)
I 3rd Sandra Bernhard
Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife (Beth?)
Annie Lennox
Yeardley Smith

Scruloose
03-24-2006, 06:02 PM
As of late, and for reasons I can't readily explain: ESPN's Linda Cohn.

I second that Nicole Sullivan nomination- very hot I used to work with Nicole Sullivan when she was in college. She was a very attractive and outgoing girl.

kushiel
03-24-2006, 06:17 PM
I don't talk to a lot of people over 20 about who they think is hot, so people that teens think are ugly that I think are to die for:

Viggo Mortensen (OMG he's in his 40s!)
Sean Bean
Alan Rickman
older aged Sean Connery
Tilda Swinton
Liam Neeson
Harrison Ford

Rubystreak
03-24-2006, 06:23 PM
I don't talk to a lot of people over 20 about who they think is hot, so people that teens think are ugly that I think are to die for:

Viggo Mortensen (OMG he's in his 40s!)
Sean Bean
Alan Rickman
older aged Sean Connery
Tilda Swinton
Liam Neeson
Harrison Ford

People think ANY of these people are unattractive? They're all way, way hot. I also have to go :confused: at anyone who would call Clive Owen unattractive. He's smokin'.

Beware of Doug
03-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Patricia Heaton. I (http://www.hollywoodtuna.com/pic_pages/heatonraymond.htm) kid (http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/golden/21-patricia-heaton.jpg) you (http://www.ba.no/multimedia/archive/00675/e2-v_675264e.jpg) not. (http://www.celebrityfeet.it/pics005/patriciaheaton010.jpg)

malkavia
03-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Joaquin (http://www.celebrities.pl/joaquin_phoenix/joaquin1.jpg) *droooool*

Honorable mention goes to Elliot Yamin. (http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00011/59/74/11764795_l.jpg)

Rodgers01
03-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Patricia Heaton. I (http://www.hollywoodtuna.com/pic_pages/heatonraymond.htm) kid (http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/golden/21-patricia-heaton.jpg) you (http://www.ba.no/multimedia/archive/00675/e2-v_675264e.jpg) not. (http://www.celebrityfeet.it/pics005/patriciaheaton010.jpg)
Damn, I was just thinking that as "Raymond" is on TV behind me. Is she considered unattractive??

(I did see her interviewed on TV once, though, and she came across as incredibly flakey, which lessened the hotness factor a bit.)

Push You Down
03-24-2006, 06:54 PM
I had a boner for Tori Spelling on 90210.

norinew
03-24-2006, 07:20 PM
John Goodman.
He is exactly who I thought of right off! Not good looking, but damn! He's sexy!

Emily Litella
03-24-2006, 07:33 PM
The guy who played Faramir in LOTR. I've seen him in other stuff too and I think he's pretty hot.

Denzel Washington. Oh wait. Every woman on the planet thinks he's hot too, don't they?

Faramir is David Wenham (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/2456/Events/2456/DavidWenha_Grani_2659181_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Wenham,%20David) and I agree he's hot. And you're right about Denzel Washington too.

I like Alan Rickman and Malcolm McDowell (No! not Roddy) too.
But Barry Manilow????

Archergal
03-24-2006, 08:59 PM
He's an ugly man even when he's not in monster make-up, but I have to confess I find Ron Perlman (http://www.enzogiobbe.com/celebs/Ron_Perlman2.jpg) strangely compelling.

pulykamell
03-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Damn, I was just thinking that as "Raymond" is on TV behind me. Is she considered unattractive??.

Not in any universe I'm aware of.

Savannah
03-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Nobody's mentioned my secret boyfriend, Christopher Walken?

JThunder
03-24-2006, 09:31 PM
I was always a Bailey Quarters fan back in the day -- way prettier than Loni Anderson. I found Kate on "Drew Carey's Show" VERY attractive.
I don't know a single person who considers either one of those ladies to be unattractive. They were both models, for pity's sake!

ddgryphon
03-24-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't know a single person who considers either one of those ladies to be unattractive. They were both models, for pity's sake!

I also said:
I can't think of someone in Hollywood that isn't thought to be pretty, there are certainly some who are thought to be gorgeous, but pretty much everyone is good looking

Qualifying my statement. I can't think of any outright ugly or unattractive people in show business. These are the ones who were looked over -- closest I could come.

pinkfreud
03-24-2006, 10:07 PM
He's an ugly man even when he's not in monster make-up, but I have to confess I find Ron Perlman (http://www.enzogiobbe.com/celebs/Ron_Perlman2.jpg) strangely compelling.Oooooh, yes. I met Ron Perlman briefly at a science fiction convention, and he is a definite hottie. Even when he isn't "Hellboy."

thirdname
03-24-2006, 10:13 PM
I wonder how Bjork is generally regarded.

pokey
03-24-2006, 10:36 PM
I also have a crush on Ron Livingston, though I suspect many just consider him bland or average.
I think he's supposed to be hot, like the perfect boyfriend-type. He's hot to me!

I'm not sure if Fred Armisen is supposed to be attractive or not, but I think he's hot.

zoogirl
03-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Alice Cooper

What?

Large Marge
03-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Jon Favreau (God, I love sarcasm)
Ray Liotta (intense, with those gorgeous blue eyes)
Willem Defoe (smart, sexy)
Roy Scheider (pre-surgery)
Giovanni Ribisi (http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/2532/GiovanniRi_Cohen_3217533_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Ribisi,%20Giovanni&seq=2) (a damn fine actor, too)
Vin Diesel (I have no excuse)
Michael Palin (adorable, funny)
Alan Cumming (so freakin' sexy)
Billy Connolly (http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/2652/Events/2652/BillyConno_Ausse_4036284_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Connolly,%20Billy) (outrageous, hilarious)
Jason Lee (http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0317705/Ss/0317705/TI-009.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Lee,%20Jason%20(I)) (kinda dorky, but cute in an awkward kind of way)
James Gandolfini (bad boy)

mamboman
03-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Laura Dern!

mm

Available Jones
03-24-2006, 11:02 PM
I think Shirley Manson, singer for the band Garbage, is generally not considered classically attractive. But I think she's smokin', especially her velvety voice.

delphica
03-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Gary Busey. Oddly enough, his picture on the IMDB looks solidly attractive. I find him hotter when he looks more like the guy who's been drunk for two days and can't dress himself.

MamaHen
03-25-2006, 07:32 AM
Eugene Levy.

Kitchen Wench
03-25-2006, 08:41 AM
I'll agree with Christopher Walken, James Gandolfini (oh yeah!), and John Goodman. And I'll add... Ben Stein. I've often wondered what sex would be like with him. It would either be very clinical and methodical or wildly passionate.

Oh wait! Dr. Drew!!! I LOVE Dr. Drew. You just know his wife wears a smile 24/7.

Why yes! I love smart, nerdy guys.

norinew
03-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Qualifying my statement. I can't think of any outright ugly or unattractive people in show business. These are the ones who were looked over -- closest I could come.
At the risk of hijacking this thread, I think this may be true of women in show biz, but not so much for men. Women in Hollywood who are supposed to be "unattractive" would still be the most beautiful woman in any given room out in the "real world". But men, well, Benicio del Torro and Steve Buscemi, imho, would both be considered "unattractive" by just about any standards (even though a lot of women find them hot).

Annie-Xmas
03-25-2006, 09:02 AM
Bruce Willis (particularly Bald Bruce Willis) and especially David Ducovey, who is much better looking put together than he should be, considering his individual features are nothing special.

ddgryphon
03-25-2006, 09:33 AM
At the risk of hijacking this thread, I think this may be true of women in show biz, but not so much for men. Women in Hollywood who are supposed to be "unattractive" would still be the most beautiful woman in any given room out in the "real world". But men, well, Benicio del Torro and Steve Buscemi, imho, would both be considered "unattractive" by just about any standards (even though a lot of women find them hot).

I agree, you are probably right in this.

Skald the Rhymer
03-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addams
Natasha Lyonne

Sure you want to admit to that middle one? :p
She was kind of ... young. For my ownself, I'll admit that when I saw CR in the Addams family movies, I thought she'd probably GROW UP to be hot--but she was way too young to be hot back then.

Rachael Rage
03-25-2006, 05:46 PM
The whole problem with this thread is not that there are few unattractive people (particularly women) in show business, which is true, but that there are enough individual tastes and preferences in what people consider "attractive" that the question is rendered pretty much meaningless.

There's basically no way for this thread not to be offensive to someone, but to try to stay true to the intent of the OP, it is important to choose someone who really breaks all the 'standard' rules of Hollywood attractiveness. If I may go out on a limb, I'll try to identify some of the criteria & give examples that some of you have listed already:

- Wrinkly and/or saggy face (ie. Benicio Del Toro - who I agree is Hottie McHotstuff)
- Bad Teeth (ie. Elliott Yamin, Steve Buscemi)
- Bad Skin (ie. Edward James Olmos, Ray Liotta - barely, his hotness pretty much overcomes that...)
- Much Fatter/Thinner than average (ie. John Goodman, DJ Qualls, James Gandolfini, Roseanne Barr - in her earlier days. She's not much bigger than average now.)
- Elderly - like over 70 (not over 40). Say, someone gets a boner over Rue McLananahan or Doris Roberts, for example...
- A "character" face more than a classically beautiful one - this one is tough to identify and will vary a lot depending on people's own tastes, but I'd put Ron Perlman, Sarah Gilbert (barely), Gary Busey, Eugene Levy, Christopher Walken, Laura Dern (I'd also add Camryn Manneheim and S. Epatha Merkerson) in this category.

Who doesn't count would be someone that a person might not consider their type, but overall fits the prevailing standard of beauty. Therefore, these people don't count:
Christina Ricci
Patricia Heaton
Penelope Cruz
Shirley Manson from Garbage
Dr. Drew
Natasha Lyonne

I welcome dissenting opinions. ;)

Rachael Rage
03-25-2006, 05:58 PM
I'd like to add Scottish actor Tommy Flanagan, who had key roles in Braveheart and Gladiator, and bunches of other movies. He's quite recognizeable due to a large scar on his face (criteria #6), and is just...so...yummy.

Rachael Rage
03-25-2006, 06:03 PM
I'd like to add Scottish actor Tommy Flanagan, who had key roles in Braveheart and Gladiator, and bunches of other movies. He's quite recognizeable due to a large scar on his face (criteria #6), and is just...so...yummy.

Rachael Rage
03-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Yoink! Could a mod please delete the duplicate post?
And to clarify one thing (then I'll shut up, promise):

...to try to stay true to the intent of the OP, it is important to choose someone who really breaks all the 'standard' rules of Hollywood attractiveness. Let's change that to "who breaks at least one of the 'standard' rules..."

After two of these: :smack: :smack: , it's time to go do something else now.

thirdname
03-25-2006, 06:21 PM
re Ricci:

Sure you want to admit to that middle one? :p
She was kind of ... young. For my ownself, I'll admit that when I saw CR in the Addams family movies, I thought she'd probably GROW UP to be hot--but she was way too young to be hot back then.

Some of us were rather young ourselves at the time. She was "hot."

kaiwik
03-26-2006, 01:13 AM
I agree with John Goodman and Christopher Walken, and add Billy Bob Thorton. Yum!

DustyButt
03-26-2006, 02:09 AM
Janeane Garofalo

Former Mtv vj Kennedy

and Kathy Griffin

I'm glad I can tell you all because if my friends found out I'd NEVER hear the end of it!

Except for Janeane I think everyone crushes on her secretly!

Beware of Doug
03-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Kathy Griffin at one time floated my boat. I guess back when she was doing her "hot ass and the rack" kinda material. (And she did have 'em.) Then she went in for the plastic face and becoming the Gay Icon identity and to me, she really did begin to look like a man looking like a woman... :rolleyes:

want2know
03-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Kirsten Vangsness (Garcia the computer girl from Criminal Minds )

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/4100/Events/4100/KirstenVan_Cohen_7095918_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Vangsness,%20Kirsten

Especially when she gets into her little innuendo banter with the other agents! GRRRRR!

SmartAleq
03-26-2006, 04:53 PM
I concur that you'd have to be from some alternate universe in order to think Clive Owen anything other than TOTALLY HAAAWWWT. Especially since I recently watched "Close My Eyes," which features VERY extensive, VERY nude scenes of Clive back before he grew into that craggy face. Did I mention the full frontal? With weiner? And not just the button mushroom of love, either, we're talking hanging proud... WOOF! And the butt on that man--I'd pay money just to bounce quarters off that thing...

Whew! I need a dab...

Same movie also features a much younger Alan Rickman, who is hot despite playing a whiny character.

John Goodman, James Gandolfini, Chris Walken, and Billby Bob, check! I have to throw Dennis Hopper in there too--just has that attitude, y'know?

I've had a soft spot for Mickey Rourke since "Diner" and I was amazed at the magnitude of hot factor he managed to project past the makeup in "Sin City."

WishIHadACoolName
03-26-2006, 04:54 PM
I can't believe I'm the first to add....

Steven Tyler. And Joe Perry. And I don't own a single Aerosmith album. But Joe's got one nice belly.

And, I wouldn't have said this a week ago, but after having seen him in concert on Thursday, I gotta say I'm a little hot for Kid Rock now. He knows how to work the "dirty".

Hmmm....something about boys with guitars.

SmartAleq
03-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Okay, you got me on the Kid Rock thing--again, it's the attitude, because that's one ugly cracker boy fershure. Funny thing, I saw an ad for some show about how far sports people will go to win, featuring an interview with Tonya Harding and dayum! She's a dead ringer for Kid Rock these days, I swear! :eek:

Speaking of ugly/cute white Detroit rappers, I have to throw Violent J into this mix, because the guy just makes me laugh and that's sexy...

Large Marge
03-26-2006, 09:07 PM
I concur that you'd have to be from some alternate universe in order to think Clive Owen anything other than TOTALLY HAAAWWWT. Especially since I recently watched "Close My Eyes," which features VERY extensive, VERY nude scenes of Clive back before he grew into that craggy face. Did I mention the full frontal? With weiner? And not just the button mushroom of love, either, we're talking hanging proud... WOOF! And the butt on that man--I'd pay money just to bounce quarters off that thing... <snip>

*Grabs her keys and races out the door for Blockbuster Video*

Beware of Doug
03-26-2006, 09:20 PM
OK ladies. What is it that really hits you about old Clivesey? Is it:
a) the cold dead serial-killer eyes, or
b) the smashed lager-lout lump of a nose?

SmartAleq
03-26-2006, 10:29 PM
OK ladies. What is it that really hits you about old Clivesey? Is it:
a) the cold dead serial-killer eyes, or
b) the smashed lager-lout lump of a nose?

Well, let's see here--the broad shoulders, smooth skin, tight ass, six pack abs, generous blessing, blue eyes rivalling Paul Newman's, total "I'm already fucking you--and you LIKE IT!" attitude, pouty mouth so incongruous in that planed face, deep voice, tall, gorgeous black hair--you mean aside from all that? Naw, nothin' much... :D

monster
03-26-2006, 10:40 PM
I have to throw Gary Sinise into the mix here. I can't take my eyes off of him when he is onscreen, yet I believe that he isn't considered to be generally attractive. He is smoking hot to me.

sweepkick
03-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Well I second the ex-MTV-VJ Kennedy, and add Megan Mullally, the squeaky-voiced gal in the popular shit-com Will and Grace. I don't think she's generally regarded as "hawt", but something about her makes me want to pop the clutch, so to speak.

Rawr! (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/4063/Events/4063/MeganMulla_Vespa_7057617_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Mullally,%20Megan)

Critical1
03-26-2006, 11:28 PM
I think Shirley Manson, singer for the band Garbage, is generally not considered classically attractive. But I think she's smokin', especially her velvety voice.

seriously I want to have outragous messed up sex with her voice. she isnt even close to classic beauty but shes amazingly sexy.

NDP
03-27-2006, 01:49 AM
seriously I want to have outragous messed up sex with her voice. she isn't even close to classic beauty but shes amazingly sexy.
[sexist mode]And she does have nice gams.[/sexist mode]

auRa
03-27-2006, 04:58 AM

Oh yes. Ohhh yes. (http://crazy4cinema.com/Actor/imgs/owen.jpg) And I can't really pinpoint any specific thing that gets to me. It's just the... well, the whole package.

Dung Beetle
03-27-2006, 07:06 AM
Oh yes, Alice Cooper! Thanks for reminding me, zoogirl!

Also, Weird Al Yankovic. I want to touch him. :)

BrainGlutton
03-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Natasha Lyonne

You might not want her in her present condition. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natasha_Lyonne#Hospitalization

Beware of Doug
03-27-2006, 08:17 AM
You might not want her in her present condition. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natasha_Lyonne#HospitalizationThat. Is a crying shame. Such a special talent. (And hawtness. See Slums of Beverly Hills.)

OK SmartAleq, I guess I caught Clive in a bad snapshot. He cleans up nice. (I should know better than to underestimate one key hawtness factor in male actors: how much sneering contempt they inspire in male nonactors. :dubious:)

The Chao Goes Mu
03-27-2006, 08:49 AM
I'm not sure what the consensus is on her hotness but I think Jena Malone is gorgeous.

I also have always had a weird crush on Bea Arthur. I think it's the voice. Mrowr.

Aaand, I will never understand my bizarre attraction to Louise Fletcher (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gonemovies.com/WWW/Drama/Drama/OneFlewBibbit3.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gonemovies.com/WWW/Drama/Drama/OneFlewBibbit3.asp&h=425&w=715&sz=52&tbnid=K07mdKcmfaEJ:&tbnh=82&tbnw=138&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlouise%2Bfletcher%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D&start=2&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=1) .

drm
03-27-2006, 09:29 AM
Former Mtv vj Kennedy

She's only unattractive in the She's All That world where when you throw glasses on someone, they are the ugliest person on the planet.

I'm not sure what the consensus is on her hotness but I think Jena Malone is gorgeous.

I happen to think she's beautiful. I'm willing to bet she has her share of admirers.

I also have always had a weird crush on Bea Arthur. I think it's the voice. Mrowr.

Betty White I can see, but Bea Arthur? I think you win.

Green Cymbeline
03-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Your friends are the blind ones! He is smoking hot!!

PapSett
03-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Rod Stewart. He is MILES away from classically handsome, but I think he is just plain sexy.

Oh, and I love his voice, too . :cool:

gigi
03-27-2006, 11:44 AM
I concur that you'd have to be from some alternate universe in order to think Clive Owen anything other than TOTALLY HAAAWWWT. Especially since I recently watched "Close My Eyes,"WARNING: the spoiler contains info on "Close My Eyes" and "Angels and Insects"

Interesting that both films feature brother-sister incest and full-frontals on the guys playing the brothers.

gigi
03-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Rod Stewart. He is MILES away from classically handsome, but I think he is just plain sexy.

Oh, and I love his voice, too . :cool:
If you think he's sexy, I believe you are supposed to tell him so. ;)

PapSett
03-27-2006, 01:27 PM
If you think he's sexy, I believe you are supposed to tell him so. ;)

:D ROTFLMFAO!

Thank you, I needed that.

Love Rhombus
03-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Marla Sokoloff is considered ugly in my circle of friends. I think she's quite cute and even hot.

Also, I really am attracted toSchuyler Fisk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuyler_Fisk). Jolie.....eh, not so much.

drm
03-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Marla Sokoloff is considered ugly in my circle of friends. I think she's quite cute and even hot.
Jeez your friends are insane!! There is nothing ugly about Marla Sokoloff.

Also, I really am attracted to Schuyler Fisk. Jolie.....eh, not so much. Me too, especially her character in Orange County.

SmartAleq
03-28-2006, 11:35 PM
WARNING: the spoiler contains info on "Close My Eyes" and "Angels and Insects"

Interesting that both films feature brother-sister incest and full-frontals on the guys playing the brothers.

Maybe it's that once you've busted up one taboo, the rest don't seem quite so heinous! "Close My Eyes" is sexier, IMO, but "Angels and Insects" is much the weirder movie by a long shot.

And Clive is much hotter than that ruddy faced slab of underdone bacon who played the brother in A&I--AND he has a bigger penis, too! Not that I'm measuring, and not that it makes any difference at all, guys, it's not the size that counts and all that reassuring stuff... :p

Rilchiam
03-29-2006, 12:13 AM
Jack Black. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Black_%28actor%29) Although it doesn't seem odd to me personally. If I wasn't able to find appeal in large guys, I would never have hooked up with Mr. Rilch.

OpalCat
03-29-2006, 01:10 AM
Bruce Willis (particularly Bald Bruce Willis) and especially David Ducovey, who is much better looking put together than he should be, considering his individual features are nothing special.

Um, both of these guys are considered Hollywood hunks. I don't think they qualify.

Love Rhombus
03-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Also Clea Duvall....not at all a "regular" hotty such as they slather onto Maxim each month, but I find her oddly sexy. Very sexy.

The Chao Goes Mu
03-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Also Clea Duvall....not at all a "regular" hotty such as they slather onto Maxim each month, but I find her oddly sexy. Very sexy.

Oh yeah! She's on my list. Absolutely beautiful, she is.

Beware of Doug
03-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Why do I think this is getting to be a free pass for those who admire the men, but for those who are into women, it's turning into a double-dare-gross-out contest?

Every female but Bea Arthur so far gets the "she's not really ugly" comeback. Are we really waiting for someone to say, "I have the hots for an irredeemably skank-ass chyk?" Which will accomplish what?