PDA

View Full Version : What TV Show Character Did You Have A Crush On When You Were A Kid?

Bosda Di'Chi of Tricor
04-25-2006, 12:14 PM
When I was about 12, I do freely confess that I had a crush on Holly Marshall, from Land Of The Lost. :o

And, if the LOTL fansites I've checked are any indication, so did a lot of other little boys.

Holly seems to have been the femme fatale of the Middle School set. :D

So, what TV characters did you have crushes on, in your Middle School years?

whiterabbit
04-25-2006, 12:16 PM
You are all going to laugh. Please remember I was eleven when TNG came on.

Wesley Crusher.

Yes, the character was annoying, but I still think he was kinda cute.

Dinsdale
04-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Don't remember any TV characters as much as I remember Joey Heatherton urging me to be a pefect sleeper...

Loach
04-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Erin Grey in Buck Rodgers. Bidi bidi bidi.

madmonk28
04-25-2006, 12:21 PM
I had a huge crush on Emma Peel from the Avengers. The show was on in reruns when I was a kid.

Also, Mr. Kotter's wife on welcome back Kotter and Daisy Duke.

tdn
04-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Laurie Partridge was soooo dreamy!

Oh wait, middle school? Jodie Foster, I guess. In high school, I had a thang for Angels.

Millit the Frail
04-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Lucas from SeaQuest DSV.

RIP, Jonathan Brandis. :(

Cerowyn
04-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Erin Grey in Buck Rodgers. Bidi bidi bidi.I opened this thread expressly to mention Wilma Deering/Erin Grey, only to be out-drawn by Loach. Damn you! :: shakes fist ::

Sigh. Shgoratchx! just might have been the best episode evah!!

Aliens: "Off think, off think"
Me: "Go, you horny little men!"

Johnny L.A.
04-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Joy (Caroline Ellis) from The Bugaloos.

CalMeacham
04-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Laura Petrie (Mary Tyler Moore) from the DFick Van Dyke Show, of course. I think a lot of guys my age were smitten by her.

And Emma Peel (Diana Rigg) of the Avengers, as noted above. Looked good in a catsuit, was smart, and had that British accent. Yum!

MissMossie
04-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Daria and Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.

Caricci
04-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Keith Partridge. I still love him.

pizzabrat
04-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Anthony Russo, from "Blossom". He was smart and kind, but with a bad-boy background (he was a recovering drug-addict). Then he married a black woman whom I could live through vicariously (even though I'm not a woman).

Elendil's Heir
04-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Kelly, the beautiful sidekick in the short-lived Robert Wagner secret-agent TV series "A Man Called Sloane." Smokin' hot.

Skald the Rhymer
04-25-2006, 12:55 PM
When I was about 12, I do freely confess that I had a crush on Holly Marshall, from Land Of The Lost. :o

And, if the LOTL fansites I've checked are any indication, so did a lot of other little boys.

Holly seems to have been the femme fatale of the Middle School set. :D

So, what TV characters did you have crushes on, in your Middle School years?

Margaret Houlihan from MASH.

Allie's daughter from KATE & ALLIE. (Not to mention Kate.)

And, Jane Parker as played by Margaret O'Sullivan. (Yes, I know she wasn't a TV character, but I only saw her on TV.

Oh! And Lieutenant Uhura.

Scumpup
04-25-2006, 01:00 PM
No crushes, as such. I had middle-school erections over Donna "Ellie May " Douglas and Barbara "Jeannie" Eden, though.

cormac262
04-25-2006, 01:00 PM
I opened this thread expressly to mention Wilma Deering/Erin Grey, only to be out-drawn by Loach. Damn you! :: shakes fist ::

Sigh. Shgoratchx! just might have been the best episode evah!!

Aliens: "Off think, off think"
Me: "Go, you horny little men!"

Just to make you guys feel good: Erin is a regular at the San Diego Comic Con and she still looks great. I mean, she has aged better than any other woman that I can think of (like a female Dick Clark). She does look a bit older, but it's like she stepped out of a time machine or something.

As for my crush, "Bridget" - Meredith Baxter Birney, from "Bridget Loves Bernie" (later went on to "Family Ties").
And, of course, Bailey Quarters from "WKRP"

Pazu
04-25-2006, 01:01 PM
In my mid-teens, I had a thing for Lydia (June Chadwick) from the V television series. Go figure. Musta been the eighties-hair thing.

When I was much younger, I liked Nova from Star Blazers, which is interesting, since I've never been a huge fan of Leiji Matsumoto's art style.

drm
04-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Well the first and most obvious one is Sam from Who's The Boss. She was cute and athletic. I dug/dig that.

My biggest crush was probably Six from Blossom. Again, she was a cute girl and seemed nice.

chrisk
04-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Wanda from 'Doogie Howser'

corkboard
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Also, Mr. Kotter's wife on welcome back Kotter...
Totally. Totally.

Also, Agent 99, Bailey from WKRP, and when I was a little older, Mallory from Family Ties.

But in those early years, I dreamed about being the filling in a Bailey/Julie Kotter sandwich. Drool, drool.

Man With a Cat
04-25-2006, 01:21 PM
We're sure giving away our ages here, aren't we?

Meredith MacRae (http://imdb.com/gallery/hh/0534297/headshot.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=MacRae,%20Meredith&seq=2) played Billie Jo Bradley on Petticoat Junction and drove me nuts. I had an old TV Guide cover with her on it that I kept in my desk in 4th grade.

Sean Factotum
04-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Pamela Ferdin, once the voice of Lucy Van Pelt and a guest-shot staple on '60s television (she's a couple of years older than me), now a nurse and animal activist with a criminal record.

I always pick the bad girls. :: sigh ::

fishbicycle
04-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Peggy Lipton on "The Mod Squad." Pure babesville.

Robot Arm
04-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Pamela Ferdin, once the voice of Lucy Van Pelt...Pamelyn Ferdin

Sternvogel
04-25-2006, 01:29 PM
From reruns: Bobbie Jo Bradley (Lori Saunders) of Petticoat Junction

From then-current shows: Barbara Cooper (Valerie Bertinelli) of One Day at a Time

Cluricaun
04-25-2006, 01:29 PM
The original Becky on Roseanne. She looked like a normal person, except hotter.

Askia
04-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Bernadette Stanis (http://thedukescelebs.tripod.com/othercelebs/bernadette1.jpg) from Good Times is STILL fine as hell.

Growing up, I must confess having a thing for pale (http://images.absolutenow.com/poster/Yvonne_De_Carlo/10104254.jpg) white (http://www.modernista.se/fountain/bilder/morticia.jpg) women. (http://www.quizquest.fsnet.co.uk/Elvira-010.jpg)

CalMeacham
04-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Laura Petrie (Mary Tyler Moore) from the Dick Van Dyke Show, of course. I think a lot of guys my age were smitten by her.

And Emma Peel (Diana Rigg) of the Avengers, as noted above. Looked good in a catsuit, was smart, and had that British accent. Yum!

The Chao Goes Mu
04-25-2006, 01:51 PM
Jo from The Facts of Life

Whatever Valeri Bertinelli's character's name was on One Day at a Time

Cha-Chi on Happy Days (after Happy Days, Scott Baio was dead to me)

Sissy from Family Affair

Dare I admit, Mike Seaver from Growing Pains?

Emily Hartley, The Bob Newhart Show

Gage on Emergency!

All grown up Laura on Little House on the Prairie

McGyver (but what lesbian wasn't?)

Ernie from Sesame street. (yes, the muppet, I was young.............What?)

My god I was quite the hormonal child!

dangermom
04-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Oh, I am so boring and mundane. I loved:

Ricky Schroeder on Silver Spoons

MacKenzie Astin on The facts of life

Michael J. Fox on Family Ties

And, Davy Jones on The Monkees.

I never watched MacGyver, but I would have had a crush on him too.

Zebra
04-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Cheryl Ladd from when she started on Charlie's Angels.

Is it wrong that I now lust after her daughter?

Oh yeah, Valeria Bertinelli. One Day at a Time baby.

And of course Pam Dawber from Mork and Mindy.

Larry Mudd
04-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Emma Peel for sure, (although I'm not sure if those sorts of thoughts really qualify as "crushing.")

Two proper crushes in the late seventies and early eighties: "Barbara" (Valerie Bertinelli) on One Day at a Time, and "Patty" (Sarah Jessica Parker) on Square Pegs. (Hubba hubba. Hot nerd chicks. (http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2690/pegsgowns2yl.jpg))

KarlGauss
04-25-2006, 02:07 PM
When I was really little, like around six or seven, I had the hots for TV's Annie Oakley (http://www.skypoint.com/members/schutz19/oakley.htm)!

Johnny L.A.
04-25-2006, 02:08 PM
I was still in school in the '70s, so that qualifies me as a kid I think.

So yeah. Pam Dawber and Jan Smithers.

And Jenny Agutter, though she wasn't a TV character in any shows I watched.

Bricker
04-25-2006, 02:18 PM
Honey West and Mary Ann Summers.

zamboniracer
04-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Batgirl, Yoeman Janice Rand, and of course, Agent 99.

The Scrivener
04-25-2006, 02:36 PM
ABC Evening News' Peter Jennings, who was not a character per se, unless you count "general casting for dashing, debonair foreign correspondent," which he definitely was back in his London bureau days. He was smokin', pardon the pun.

And to a lesser degree, Jameson Parker from "Simon & Simon". (Parker was the uptight blond one, with the classic swimmer's body, who bore no familial resemblance to his brother, played by Gerald McRaney.)

I rather liked the preppy type! :D

Logan 5
04-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Swooning from past fond memories...

Jodie Foster when she would appear on The Courtship of Eddie's Father

Jo from the Facts of Life

Pamela Sue Martin from Nancy Drew Mysteries

Oh and Debra Winger as Drusilla (Wonder Girl) Wonder Woman's younger sister

I really had a thing for tomboys

LiveOnAPlane
04-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Mrs. Peel has already been mentioned, so I'll just add my #2 & #3 faves: Barbara Eden, from "I Dream of Jeanie," and Mary Ann from "Gilligan's Island."

kunilou
04-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Most of my adolescent fantasies have already been mentioned, so I'll just add Wrangler Jane (Melody Patterson) from F-Troop.

But Emma Peel is in a class by herself.

Hal Briston
04-25-2006, 03:47 PM
One from the TMI File: I vividly remember my first woodie. DynaGirl, baby.

corkboard
04-25-2006, 04:11 PM
I can't believe I forgot this in my last post- Leather Tuscadero. Oh man, what a fox.

Jackie Blue
04-25-2006, 04:21 PM
I quickly ran through the other posts and didn't see my two crushes posted.

Artemus Gordon on Wild, Wild West (Jim West - too pretty for my taste)

Baretta (that's right, I thought Robert Blake was one hot little man)

E. Thorp
04-25-2006, 04:24 PM
My first TV crush was on Emily, a little blonde girl on Zoom, when I was about 4. (At least that's what I remember. IMDB lists no Emily on Zoom, though there's an Edith.)

My last TV crush was on Liz Sagal, who played the "conservative" twin on the blessedly short-lived Double Trouble when I was about 17.

Katriona
04-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Ricky Schroeder on "Silver Spoons." I still have my 80's duck phone, just like the one on the show.

Greywolf73
04-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Ricky Schroeder on "Silver Spoons." I still have my 80's duck phone, just like the one on the show.

Me too. I wasn't lucky enough to have the duck phone though. Cool.

I also had a huge crush on Jon-Eric Hexum from Voyagers. Even after all this time, I still think his death is one of the most tragic accidents I've ever heard of.

I also had a girl-crush on Jo from Facts of Life. But I think everyone did. :D

vetbridge
04-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Barbara Eden, from "I Dream of Jeanie," and Mary Ann from "Gilligan's Island."

Those are mine, along with Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.

Interrobang!?
04-25-2006, 04:57 PM
First crush I can recall: Daphne from Scooby-Doo. Ginger from Gilligan's Island was the other redhead I was fond of.

Speaking of Buck Rogers, while I did enjoy Col. Deering and the off-think episode, I was even more attracted to Princess Ardala. Yum!

AuntiePam
04-25-2006, 05:54 PM
My first TV crush was Tim Considine from Disney's Spin and Marty. I think he was a Mouseketeer too, but we saw more of him on Spin & Marty.

Take that, you whippersnappers!

First post-pubescent crush was Michael Parks from Then Came Bronson. Hubba.

Eve
04-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Guy Williams (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.lismemories.com/lis/cast/cast/williams/other/williams4.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.lismemories.com/lis/cast/cast/williams/other/&h=486&w=450&sz=57&tbnid=G2drciQFkyLEMM:&tbnh=126&tbnw=116&hl=en&start=36&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2522Guy-Williams%2522%26start%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN) from Lost in Space, and . . . Foghorn Leghorn (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.jwccpa.com/images/foghorn.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.jwccpa.com/testi.htm&h=262&w=192&sz=13&tbnid=bEuLwUTEE3yzMM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=78&hl=en&start=1&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2522Foghorn-Leghorn%2522%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG). I dunno. Maybe it's the accent.

PapSett
04-25-2006, 06:35 PM
My first big crush was on Peter Tork of the Monkees. I was 6 or 7. I finally got to go see them at a 60's revival concert in 1986, and renewed that crush all over again. I was 26. :D

From about 6th grade on thru high school, I had crushes on David Cassidy, Shaun Cassidy, John Travolta, Parker Stevenson, Chris Knight (Peter Brady).... and Ron Palillo... Arnold Horshak from 'Kotter'. Not quite sure how he got in there.

Labdad
04-25-2006, 08:24 PM
I was hopelesslessly hung up on Sally Field in Gidget. I was around 14 at the time - she was playing someone about 16 or 17. Three years age difference put her hopelessly out of reach!

Foghorn Leghorn. I dunno. Maybe it's the accent. Eve - you like southern accents and a deep voice??? One of these days we must meet! :D

BobLibDem
04-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Judy Carne from Laugh-in. Goldie, too but Judy had the attitude.

Gloria Stivic from All in the Family (about 100 lbs ago)

Valerie Bertinelli from One Day at a Time

Karen Wolek from One Life to Live

Paula Prentiss from He and She

VernWinterbottom
04-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Lisa Gerritsen, Lydia, My World and Welcome to It
Susan Dey, Laurie, The Partridge Family
Dawn Wells, Mary Ann, Gilligan's Island
Eve Plumb, Jan, The Brady Bunch

and many more. . .

jsgoddess
04-25-2006, 09:07 PM
Well, the Professor, the Professor, and David Banner.

You people now know every embarrassing crush in my life if you include previous revelations.

Mr. Goob
04-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Jan Smithers as Bailey from WKRP is a given.

Dana Plato from facts of life was smokin' then they had a young Janet Jackson. Man o man, those jeans looked painted on. Wow di she age poorly.

*sigh*

Out of the biz, dead or a cartoon of herself. Can I pick them or what?

ISiddiqui
04-25-2006, 10:59 PM
When I was 12-14ish, I had a huge crush on Melissa Joan Hart when she was on "Clarissa Explains It All". Also around that time (and another Nickelodeon show), I had a crush on Larisa Oleynik who was "The Adventures of Pete and Pete" and then "Secret World of Alex Mack".

Roland Orzabal
04-26-2006, 12:39 AM
When I was 12-14ish, I had a huge crush on Melissa Joan Hart when she was on "Clarissa Explains It All". Also around that time (and another Nickelodeon show), I had a crush on Larisa Oleynik who was "The Adventures of Pete and Pete" and then "Secret World of Alex Mack".My 8-12 year old self concurs.

Also, I started watching Mighty Morphin Power Rangers because I was 9 and it looked cool. I kept watching it for Amy Jo Johnson. And I kept watching it way, way longer than anyone rightfully should have for Catherine Sutherland (http://thepics.ru/not-wallpapers/kino/catherine_sutherland/catherine_sutherland_1.jpg). Rowr.

Hell, if she were still on it, I'd probably still watch it. God knows it wouldn't be the worst thing I subject myself to.

panache45
04-26-2006, 12:51 AM
Dick Van Dyke

Leonard Nimoy

Rod Serling

Ranchoth
04-26-2006, 12:51 AM
Pretty much any character that Kath Soucie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kath_Soucie) did* with her "natural" speaking voice.

*or still does, really.

kath94
04-26-2006, 01:09 AM
Bill Bixby in "The Courtship of Eddie's Father."
David Cassidy as "Keith Partridge." I even had a book, "Meet David Cassidy."
Patrick Duffy as "The Man From Atlantis." Yum!

Bosda Di'Chi of Tricor
04-26-2006, 07:25 AM
One from the TMI File: I vividly remember my first woodie. DynaGirl, baby.

Yup, one o the few times the sidekick was better liked than the hero.

The Chao Goes Mu
04-26-2006, 07:51 AM
Ok, I'm in a confessing mood again today.

I had a really odd crush on Patches, from Patches & Pockets.

And......gulp.......Casey from Mr. Dress-up

aaaaand..... Lady Elaine from Mr. Rogers.

I have no idea what's with the puppet thing. I assure you it has not evolved into any odd fetishes in my adulthood.

I swear!!!!!

Dante
04-26-2006, 07:56 AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Lynda Carter yet! She was even hotter dressed up the army uniform with the bun and glasses. Mmmmm, stern....

Johnny L.A.
04-26-2006, 08:19 AM
Oh, yeah: JoAnna Cameron as Isis (http://www.70slivekidvid.com/isis/clrisis2.jpg)/Andrea Thomas (http://www.retrocrush.com/babes/isis/44.jpg) in Isis. (Here's a shot (http://www.70slivekidvid.com/isis/spiderm9.jpg) from a '70s Spiderman.)

Hung Mung
04-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Lisa Hayes from the original Robotech cartoon. I had to think about it for a while, but I think it was a tiny, platonic crush. She was one of the better developed cartoon characters I've ever seen (most of the characters from Robotech were very well developed). It's funny...it wasn't so much that she was a cartoon. She was a very realistic character.

eleanorigby
04-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Rob Petrie--he remains my ideal man. Tall, lanky, well read and funny--what's not to like?

James West--man o' action--I liked his hard assedness when I was younger--now, I think I'd roll my eyes at him.

Keith Partridge--very mild.

Greg Brady--until he opened his mouth. I found Peter more fun.

Andy Griffith--in a good ole boy sorta way (good ole boys bore me)--but he sure could play that guitar and sing.

Bob Newhart--what? I like the intellectual type. And Mr Carlin had an odd attractiveness to him...

Joe, Rhoda's husband.

What's his name from Courtship of Eddy's Father--until he went all weird and did the Hulk--Bill Bixby!

That Girl's fiancee, Donald.

The dad on My 3 sons--forget his name.

(not all of these are lustfilled longings, many are just, "hey, he's cute/attractive/funny")

Starsky

Tom Selleck in Magnum PI--whoa!

Merhouse
04-26-2006, 11:39 AM
I will probably be forced to cancel my Charter Membership, but

Bobby Sherman

in Here Come The Brides. :o

PapSett
04-26-2006, 01:33 PM
I will probably be forced to cancel my Charter Membership, but

Bobby Sherman

in Here Come The Brides. :o

OMG... how could I forget Bobby Sherman?? He was the first concert I went to see... I was in the 2nd grade!

Loved Here Come the Brides. Is it showing anywhere in reruns? Don't think I've ever seen it since it went off.

NurseCarmen
04-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Kristy McNichol in "Family"
MaryAnn. of course.
Jeannie. of course.
Wonder Woman! My god, with that leotard on, you could drive a truck between her legs!

Jennshark
04-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Joanna Cassidy as the helicopter pilot in 240-Robert(?), an EMT-adventure show in the '80s.

control-z
04-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Agent 99 from Get Smart and Ginger from Gilligan's Island. I was so young I thought they might be the same person. Later on as my taste in women matured, I was a Mary Ann guy.

Susie Derkins
04-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Fonzie all the way, baby. I still have my teeny little t-shirt (I was around six) with the picture of him giving a double thumbs-up.

Aaaaaaaaaayyyyyy.

Webner
04-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Nona Mecklenberg from Nickelodeon's Pete and Pete, played by Michelle Trachtenberg. My crush reached its peak when she was in Harriet the Spy.

whiterabbit
04-26-2006, 05:08 PM
And here I thought I was going to get laughed at. These days, though, Wil looks a little too much like my baby brother for me to be drooling over him. Ewww.

MoodIndigo1
04-26-2006, 05:20 PM
About people showing their age:
When I was 10 or 11, I had a huge crush on Edd "Kookie" Byrnes, in 77 Sunset Strip.

Don Draper
04-26-2006, 05:56 PM
I was instantly struck gay the first time I saw the Hardy Boys (http://www.lostinthepast.net/Hardy/TVland/hboys0145.jpg): Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy. Yowza! I could never make up my mind which one was hotter.

Cat Whisperer
04-26-2006, 07:57 PM
<snip>And......gulp.......Casey from Mr. Dress-up
<snip>
So, you wanted in on that tickle trunk action, eh? :D

Most of mine have been mentioned already; Jameson Parker, Patrick Duffy as Man from Atlantis, The Fonz, Richie, Cha-Chi, Parker Stevenson. I wasn't really a kid when the show was on, but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Captain Picard. Oh yeah, and Data, too.

pokey
04-26-2006, 08:34 PM
David from Sesame Street and Tom Hanks on Bosom Buddies.

Beware of Doug
04-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Jennifer of the Jungle from Electric Company.
Carol from The Bob Newhart Show.
Nurse Ripples from Trapper John, MD (who first stole my heart as the homecoming queen in the Roger Corman hot rod opera Eat My Dust).
Christine and Lisa from You Can't Do That On Television.