PDA

View Full Version : Best free onine storage and backup

threemae
10-13-2006, 03:37 AM
Okay, I've been a bad, bad boy when it comes to backing up my computer but I curently have access to some rather stunning bandwidth. What's the best way for me to back up around ~15 gb of a "My Documents" folder online, preferably for free?

A lot of "free" online storage spaces have obnoxious upload limits of like 10 mB's. Obviously I'll never get it all uploaded that way. What I really need is a good site where I can back up 15 gb or at least 5 gb as a bare minimum. If I cannot download it, that's fine, as long as I can pay (a semi-reasonable amount) later to download this backup if I ever actually need it.

If you're actually succeeded in doing this for free, please let me know. Otherwise, make a suggestion.

GSV Consolation of Dreams
10-13-2006, 03:51 AM
I can't think of any that give away 15GB for nothing. But if you've got a big hard drive as well as mucho bandwidth, you might think about allmydata.com

With their free plan, you allow other people in their network to backup portions of their files to your PC, and vice versa. (encrypted naturally)

It's a 10:1 deal, so you'd have to make 150 GB available on your hard drive to backup your own 15 GB.