PDA

View Full Version : Show Me The Money, 11/29

corkboard
11-30-2006, 01:31 PM
I don't know if the 11/29 episode was the very first, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the last. It's tedious. They must say the SMTM catch phrase about 50 times per episode, and William Shatner is an extremely uncomfortable game show host. The game is mind-numbingly simple.

Did anyone catch this? Am I alone in my distaste for this ridiculous show?

Captain Lance Murdoch
11-30-2006, 01:33 PM
That wasn't the first airing. It really sucks though.

mobo85
11-30-2006, 01:39 PM
Your question: Show Me The Money...pick A, B, or C.

A. ...premiered two weeks ago. I didn't watch it last night, but I did watch the first episode.

B. ...is a week show compared to NBC's Deal or No Deal and (my favorite) 1 vs. 100. The idea that you can pick your own questions makes it interesting, but the show is too slow-paced and rather dull.

C. ...will probably be dealt the Killer Card by ABC pretty soon.

Eureka
11-30-2006, 02:01 PM
I "watched" part of it last night. That is, I sat in this chair, with the TV on to Show Me The Money, with my laptop on my lap, and a book at my elbow for part of the time the episode was on.

I didn't quite figure out what was supposed to be going on. I mean, I watched enough to understand that the contestent picks a pretty lady, says the catchphrase, and she shows the money. and the money is in variable amounts, and you win or lose the sum based on your answers to questions. But I felt like I missed something in there.

'Course, part of the reason I like Jeopardy so much is because of the rapid turn around time. A question is asked, and answered almost immediately. Not so on SMTM.

Also, I've never been a big fan of scantily clad female flesh dominating the view--and mostly the women were far enough away to possibly be dissapointing to those who do like such views.