PDA

View Full Version : SNL 12/2: Matthew Fox and Tenacious D

vivalostwages
12-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Hey, this might not be so bad....Matthew Fox hosts, while Tenacious D performs.
We'll see.

Spoke
12-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Lost is certainly ripe for parody. Let's see if they can pull that off.

AuntiePam
12-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Did they do a parody of Lost? I was flipping channels and caught the elevator skit ("They're just making it up as they go, aren't they?), which was apt, if not particularly funny.

Spoke
12-03-2006, 10:18 AM
No Lost parody. Weak episode.

randwill
12-03-2006, 11:16 AM
If you watched on the east coast, was it in HD? It wasn't here. I called the local affiliate and they said that the network wasn't sending it to them in HD. I'm just wondering if it was a network problem or a local problem.

vivalostwages
12-03-2006, 07:56 PM
I liked Tenacious D, the elevator scene, and Aunt Linda.
Other than that, ho hum. They could have done so much with a Lost parody....What might have been.

hey alright
12-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Seemed like they were trying all week to come up with a good Michael Richards bit but ran out of time before Saturday.

Ogre
12-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Seriously, out of curiosity, why does anyone watch this show anymore? It has become loathesomely bad.

Push You Down
12-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Because somewhere all over America high school kids think it's funny as hell.

It's sad when MAD TV made me laugh more than SNL.

Cat Fight
12-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Aaand we're back. Cut out during the kenan house music sketch. Ouch. Ouch. Bring back Tony Bennett.

Antigen
12-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Two skits about how hot he is and how all the women want him? Wow, they're really out of ideas at this point.

And whose idea was the Aunt Linda character? Never have I been so upset that I can't reach through a TV screen to strangle someone.

Another thing that's starting to really bug me about SNL is the yelling. Almost every skit involves people just yelling at each other instead of acting the parts. Saying your lines as loud as you can doesn't make them funnier.

Wee Bairn
12-04-2006, 08:26 AM
I may be in the minority, but I LOVE Amy Poehler's Nancy Grace impersonation. I thought Fred Armsien in the elevator sketch was priceless. I also think Aunt Linda is great, but they did the EXACT SAME SKETCH as the last time, just with different movies? Change it up a little bit, ok? I think the problem with the episode overall was the host- he may be very popular, but seems to me to be bland in the Luke Wilson sort of way- you really need someone more interesting as a host. His character in each sketch could have been played by anybody.

And I also may be in the minority in not getting Jack Black or Tenacious D. I think they were parodying prog rock epics or something? Do they not know Spinal Tap did this much better a 20 years ago? Read the lyrics to Tap's Stonehenge and the songs TD did Saturday- Tap's is infinitely more funnier- in fact I could write the Tenacious D lyrics. Parody is supposed to be funny, and these lyrics just aren't to me.

Also, the mountain man sketch can't be the first SNL sketch that acknowledged it was a sketch? I can't recall any others.

Governor Quinn
12-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Also, the mountain man sketch can't be the first SNL sketch that acknowledged it was a sketch? I can't recall any others.

There was a self-referential sketch at the start of this season (http://snltranscripts.jt.org/06/06awater.phtml)