PDA

View Full Version : Jen hugs cancer kid on TV! Saintliness bar raised!

Eve
12-05-2006, 01:46 PM
OK, so first Jen was still the Heartbroken Madonna and Angelina was that Husband-Stealing, Brother-Frenching Whore, and Vanity Fair compared Jen's sufferings to those of Job (I swear I am not making that up).

Then Angelina adopts an Ethiopian baby and she and Brad save everyone in Cambodia from starvation and war by the powers of their money and great beauty.

Jen, not one to take that lying down, rolls up her sleeves, and now she is hugging cancer kids on TV (http://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/shop.do?cID=10430&pID=13439).

Next up: Angelina saves orphaned kittens from burning building! Jen brings peace to the Mideast! Angelina brings Elvis back from the dead! Jen reunites The Beatles! Angelina brings Ringo and Paul back from the dead!

twickster
12-05-2006, 02:08 PM
...Jen reunites The Beatles! Angelina brings Ringo and Paul back from the dead!
This might work better if they do it in the other order.

JohnT
12-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Eve is surely referencing their careers, Twickster. ;)

Eve
12-05-2006, 02:51 PM
This might work better if they do it in the other order.
Well, no, Jen has to kill Paul and Ringo before Angelina can bring them back from the dead.

Alessan
12-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Angelina Jolie doesn't have to be nicer than Anniston - she's three times as hot and a better actress to boot. Seriously, does anyone take that little sitcom chickie's side in this? The way I see it, the better woman won.

twickster
12-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Well, no, Jen has to kill Paul and Ringo before Angelina can bring them back from the dead. :smack:

JohnT
12-05-2006, 03:03 PM
They oughtta have Katie Holmes do the killing... nobody likes her anyway. ;)

corkboard
12-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Angelina Jolie doesn't have to be nicer than Anniston - she's three times as hot and a better actress to boot. Seriously, does anyone take that little sitcom chickie's side in this? The way I see it, the better woman won.
Eh, you can have Angie. I'll take Jen any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Dinsdale
12-05-2006, 03:10 PM
I assume you are referring to the ad where Jen describes the little girl developing tumors and Marlo Thomas does a plug at the end?
We saw the Jen version yesterday, and all immediately asked, "Isn't that the same little bald girl who Robin Williams said had leukemia?" Gotta look into that further.
And - traveling slightly further off-topic - isn't something funky going on with Robin's hair? And isn't it about time Marlo changed her hairstyle?

Skammer
12-05-2006, 03:13 PM
If you think Angela is a better actor, you clearly haven't seen The Good Girl (http://imdb.com/title/tt0279113/).

Cluricaun
12-05-2006, 03:14 PM
And isn't it about time Marlo changed her hairstyle?

...And stopped huffing diesel exhaust fumes? She sounds like a drive thru speaker at Wendys.

Eve
12-05-2006, 03:19 PM
I assume you are referring to the ad where Jen describes the little girl developing tumors and Marlo Thomas does a plug at the end?
That's the one.

Jen: "Little Cancer Girl here started having headaches, didn't you, Little Cancer Girl?"
Little Cancer Girl: "I hit my head on the trampoline!"
Jen: "Shut up, I'm talking, and this isn't a PSA for trampolines, it's for brain tumors, which is what you have, Little Cancer Girl."
[Little Cancer Girl, terrified, hugs teddy bear]
Jen: "C'mere, Little Cancer Girl, gimme a hug."
Marlo Thomas: "Take that, Angerlina Jolie!"

Alessan
12-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Jennifer Anniston is a good enough actress, for television. She's no movie star.

Antinor01
12-05-2006, 04:38 PM
That's the one.

Jen: "Little Cancer Girl here started having headaches, didn't you, Little Cancer Girl?"
Little Cancer Girl: "I hit my head on the trampoline!"
Jen: "Shut up, I'm talking, and this isn't a PSA for trampolines, it's for brain tumors, which is what you have, Little Cancer Girl."
[Little Cancer Girl, terrified, hugs teddy bear]
Jen: "C'mere, Little Cancer Girl, gimme a hug."
Marlo Thomas: "Take that, Angerlina Jolie!"

That was awesome Eve.

Little Nemo
12-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Well, no, Jen has to kill Paul and Ringo before Angelina can bring them back from the dead.
In a joint public statement, Angelina Jolie and Mark Chapman denounced Aniston's recent McCartney/Starr murder as "a cheap publicity stunt" and stated "neither of us will be drawn into a competition by her actions".

Push You Down
12-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Please Aniston is beautiful. Her body is better (she didn't f-it up with tacky tattoos). She's more personable. Better sense of humor as far as I can tell... has Jolie ever even laughed off camera?

The only thing Jolie has is those c***sucking lips.
She made out with her brother anyway.... Gross!

I did hear third hand that Aniston was a shrew of a wife though.

Eve
12-05-2006, 07:53 PM
In a joint public statement, Angelina Jolie and Mark Chapman denounced Aniston's recent McCartney/Starr murder as "a cheap publicity stunt" and stated "neither of us will be drawn into a competition by her actions".
. . . At which, Jennifer Aniston overthrew the US government and replaced the legislative branch with Smurfs, the judicial branch with Care Bears, and the executive branch with Fairy Princesses.

Caridwen
12-05-2006, 08:00 PM
I think I'm missing something here. "Hugging cancer kids" and helping collect money for a hospital is a bad thing? She has some kind of big ulterior motivie because..?

You lost me.

Little Nemo
12-05-2006, 08:06 PM
I believe Eve was commenting on the timing of Aniston's public service ads for the cause. As far as I recall, Aniston has never been a major figure in speaking out on causes. Jolie, on the other hand, has an established reputation as a spokeswoman for various causes. So Aniston may have decided she needed to compete with Jolie's public image as part of their presumed feud. (And in case you missed the root cause of that, Aniston's husband left her to take up with Jolie.)

Caridwen
12-05-2006, 09:08 PM
http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/92-jennifer-aniston

Caridwen
12-05-2006, 09:25 PM

No way I'm taking her side. The bitch downright deserved to be cheated on by her husband because he found someone hotter. I think she should throw herself in front of a truck, she doesn't deserve to live. :D

I don't think she needs our sympathy. She's home in Malibu doing her nails and counting the $35 million she made in 2003 while Angelina has that mess of babies to contend with. She probably has more money than both of them.

kittenblue
12-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Angelina Jolie doesn't have to be nicer than Anniston - she's three times as hot and a better actress to boot. Seriously, does anyone take that little sitcom chickie's side in this? The way I see it, the better woman won. Depends on your definition of better.... I for one take Jen's side. Ang doesn't fit my definition of hot, and I don't care for her acting. Those weird lips just ...eeewww. Jen has a more classic beauty, and as a wronged wife, I always side with keeping my nose out of other people's relationships. Ang had enough to deal with in raising her child, she didn't need to go mucking up someone else's life...

As to the topic at hand, I saw the spot and immediately thought it was odd, since Jen has been portrayed as not very interested in children, in general...she seemed uncomfortable hugging the Little Cancer Girl.

Neidhart
12-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Has Marlo Thomas done anything in the past twenty years except charity panhandling?

control-z
12-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Has Marlo Thomas done anything in the past twenty years except charity panhandling?

But she was THAT GIRL so you better listen to her!

Little Nemo
12-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Yes, she played Jennifer Aniston's mother in several episodes of Friends. She's also appeared on some other TV shows like Law & Order, Frasier, Ally McBeal, & Roseanne.

Gangster Octopus
12-06-2006, 02:19 PM
As to the topic at hand, I saw the spot and immediately thought it was odd, since Jen has been portrayed as not very interested in children, in general...she seemed uncomfortable hugging the Little Cancer Girl.

How/when has she been portrayed as not being very interested in children? Even if she has decided against having kids (I don't know if that is true or not), it certainly doesn't mean she doesn't care or can't care deeply about their welfare. I'm with Cardiwen on this, I think it is a fairly unfair slam against Aniston (ok, I realize it isn't like a Pit slamming, but it still seems be unfair criticism). No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.

Sean Factotum
12-06-2006, 02:59 PM
It's Christmas time. St Jude's always makes a big push for donations this time of year. And MArlo inherited the fundraising for that hospital from her dad (http://www.stjude.org/search/0,2616,582_3161_5478,00.html).

I guess MArlo figured that Jenn had some time on her hands after the release of the movie "Friends With Money".

Trion
12-06-2006, 03:06 PM
So, we're criticizing celebrities for trying to raise money for kids with cancer durring Christmas time now? Seriously?

Eve
12-06-2006, 03:11 PM
So, we're criticizing celebrities for trying to raise money for kids with cancer durring Christmas time now? Seriously?
Yes, seriously. I am so overwrought and mentally anguished by all this that I am wishing for Jennifer Aniston to get brain cancer and Angelina Jolie to starve to death in a thrid-world nation.

(You've been on this Board how long?)

Trion
12-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Long enough, thankyouverymuch.

For instance, I figured you weren't serious. But after reading Caridwen and Gangster Octopus I started to wonder if the thread was trending serious. Or if I missed something. So I asked.

I suppose this is one of those instances where an OP is misinterpreted by some people and that in turn causes confusion amongst other people like me who, frankly, are half asleep.

At least we can all comfort ourselves with the fact that nothing like this has ever happened on the board before.

At least not in the short time I've been here.

Right?

Eve
12-06-2006, 03:56 PM
But after reading Caridwen and Gangster Octopus I started to wonder if the thread was trending serious.
Lordie, I hope not.

gigi
12-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Please Aniston is beautiful.
Jen has a more classic beauty
:confused: Does not compute ;) She's no Sarah Jessica Parker but "beautiful"? It's pretty interesting how the same person can be seen so differently.

kittenblue
12-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Okay, how about "lovely" instead? Pretty? Cute? Attractive?

control-z
12-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Okay, how about "lovely" instead? Pretty? Cute? Attractive?

I think she's only a knockout only if you watched her on Friends, which I didn't. Sort of an "acquired beauty."

Little Nemo
12-06-2006, 11:38 PM
C'mon people, don't be like this. First, we had a perfectly nice thread about Britney Spears' vagina turn into a flamewar and now we're turning this thread into a serious debate on charity. If this keeps up, we'll end up taking Anna Nicole Smith seriosuly and I don't think any of us want that.

Jurph
12-07-2006, 12:13 AM
They oughtta have Katie Holmes do the killing... nobody likes her anyway.

Tom CRUISE likes her. He is in Oprah-throttling, furniture-trashing, Xenu-thwarting, fake-wedding, non-disclosure-agreement-signing, ell-you-are-vee-eee LURVE with the girl! And if you say he's not, he'll sue you. Oh yeah, and I'd definitely invite her over for cake and ice cream, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

Angelina is damaged goods, I don't care how pretty you think she is. Aniston seems to keep her personality hidden from the media pretty well, and she's not unattractive (at least not as unattractive as Sarah Jessica Horseybones). I guess she can come over for ice cream, too.

Alessan
12-07-2006, 01:05 AM
How is Jolie "damaged goods"?

Jurph
12-07-2006, 08:49 AM

I don't know if I can exactly pin it down, but there is something about her that is deeply unsettling. Tattoos? Well, everyone's got tattoos, right? Sure. The vial of blood? Let a girl have some quirks! She also used to cut herself, but maybe she's over that, too. Overly sensitive people who want to crucify me for bringing this up, N.B.: I am not saying that if you cut yourself you have somehow reduced your value as a person. I am saying that with that knowledge in mind about a date, I would not immediately open myself up emotionally to her.

Add that to the fame and the boy-snatching (to be fair: this is just as much Brad's fault as hers) and a few other behaviors have convinced me that she's just a wee bit more messed up than your run-of-the-mill famous person.

Turek
12-07-2006, 09:33 AM

Apparently she was stung repeatedly in the face by bees.

I'll take me some Jen, thankyouverymuch.

MonkeyMule
12-07-2006, 10:06 AM
I really don't see what the debate is over who's hotter. I say just do them both...seems to be working for Brad Pitt ;)

gigi
12-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Okay, how about "lovely" instead? Pretty? Cute? Attractive?A fun girl to have a beer with.

Alessan
12-07-2006, 12:46 PM
I don't know if I can exactly pin it down, but there is something about her that is deeply unsettling. Tattoos? Well, everyone's got tattoos, right? Sure. The vial of blood? Let a girl have some quirks! She also used to cut herself, but maybe she's over that, too. Overly sensitive people who want to crucify me for bringing this up, N.B.: I am not saying that if you cut yourself you have somehow reduced your value as a person. I am saying that with that knowledge in mind about a date, I would not immediately open myself up emotionally to her.

Add that to the fame and the boy-snatching (to be fair: this is just as much Brad's fault as hers) and a few other behaviors have convinced me that she's just a wee bit more messed up than your run-of-the-mill famous person.

Of course she's crazy - that's part of her appeal. She's a bona-fide larger-than-life Movie Star (is there any other actress of her generation you can say that of?), and her various insanities should be larger than life, too. Would you have preferred that Matylin Monroe be sane, too?

Jurph
12-08-2006, 12:34 AM
Of course she's crazy - that's part of her appeal. She's a bona-fide larger-than-life Movie Star (is there any other actress of her generation you can say that of?), and her various insanities should be larger than life, too. Would you have preferred that Matylin Monroe be sane, too?

You want 'em insane and famous, you can have them. You can have Marilyn Monroe, Angelina, Britney, Lindsay, and so forth. I'll have Maggie Gyllenhaal, Jewel Staite, and Christina Hendricks.

Scuba_Ben
12-08-2006, 09:45 AM
. . . At which, Jennifer Aniston overthrew the US government and replaced the legislative branch with Smurfs, the judicial branch with Care Bears, and the executive branch with Fairy Princesses.
And that would change things how?

Now there's an idea... a thespiocracy, government by acting talent. As opposed to actors who changed careers and went into politics.

Caridwen
12-08-2006, 10:46 AM
I liked Angelina a little better when she wearing vials of blood and a little crazy. Now she's a blah Mother Theresa with implants. Boring.

When people say she's a good actress I'm sort of amazed. She's not terrible, but great?
Maybe I just can't get the mental image of her playing Colin Farrel's mother in Alexander with the bad Boris and Natasha accent out of my head.

Frylock
12-08-2006, 11:03 AM
I liked Angelina a little better when she wearing vials of blood and a little crazy. Now she's a blah Mother Theresa with implants. Boring.

I dunno...

She's hot, she's a saint*, and she's kinky? An intriguing combo...

-FrL-

*Well anyway, she plays one on TV. We're all already pretending what we see on E News about these people reflects their actual selves, so I'll go with it.

PunditLisa
12-08-2006, 06:36 PM
I, too, failed to see the humor in the OP.

Maybe I need a cocktail.

kaylasdad99
12-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Has Marlo Thomas done anything in the past twenty years except charity panhandling?She took Phil Donahue out of the singles scene.

Say "Thank you," women of America! If not for Marlo, That Guy might be hitting on YOU!

Indygrrl
12-09-2006, 03:05 AM

She got implants? Cite?

Caridwen
12-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Joke. And obviously not a very good one. :D Mother Theresa didn't appear to have a similiar body type as Jole unless her habit was really unflattering.

Indygrrl
12-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Joke. And obviously not a very good one. :D Mother Theresa didn't appear to have a similiar body type as Jole unless her habit was really unflattering.

I thought of that only after I hit submit. haha.

Yeah, Ang has got some nice curves. But I like Jen too. There's room for more than one pretty girl, it doesn't have to be a contest!