PDA

View Full Version : Hot Manatee Action!!!eleven!!

Dijon Warlock
12-06-2006, 12:03 AM
Monday night on the Conan O'Brien show, they did a sketch about fictional (but hopefully humorous) NCAA football mascots. One that they presented was the FSU Webcam Manatee, where they had someone come out in a manatee costume and act sexy while Pender (a band member) sat drooling over his laptop computer watching it. Conan quipped that Pender must be watching www.hornymanatee.com.

Tonight, Conan announced that he got a call from...erg, don't remember who exactly, but some legal department with the network. They informed him that if he mentions a website that doesn't exist (even as a joke), they could get in legal trouble; so NBC had to register the domain www.hornymanatee.com in order to avoid legal trouble.

The show then saw fit to at least put something up there to look at...so...they are asking for amateur pics/video of horny manatees.

In case you have any.

Seriously.

It's worth a look for a laugh, plus they've got an email for submissions.

There's a "Man on Manatee" page.

Rodgers01
12-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Heh. I followed along with that sketch, though I thought he was going to take it in a different direction: I expected him to start naming all sorts of random non-existant websites just to screw over the network.

Manatee
12-06-2006, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the link! I'm all over that page!

Dijon Warlock
12-06-2006, 01:42 AM
::hands Manatee a flipper-full of tissues::

It's totally nonsensical and probably not very culturally relevant, but I thought it was a funny manifestation of red tape overload.

Manatees are HAWT!!!

Manatee
12-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Manatees are HAWT!!!

Yes. Yes, we are.

Bosda Di'Chi of Tricor
12-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Yes. Yes, we are.
Ah, you're back!

Did you enjoy your Memphis vacation? :D :cool:

xizor
12-06-2006, 02:46 PM
There's a "Man on Manatee" page.

Is that Troy McClure?

MonkeyMule
12-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Is that Troy McClure?

You might recognize him from such Beastiality skin flicks and "Moby's Dick" and "The real Sperm Whale." :D

Manatee
12-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Ah, you're back!

Did you enjoy your Memphis vacation? :D :cool:

Yeah, but I was a little disappointed that they wouldn't let me into Graceland.

OpalCat
12-06-2006, 10:34 PM
That's hilarious...

Quiddity Glomfuster
12-06-2006, 11:27 PM
They informed him that if he mentions a website that doesn't exist (even as a joke), they could get in legal trouble; so NBC had to register the domain www.hornymanatee.com in order to avoid legal trouble.

Huh? This cannot be. Makes no sense at all. I believe this is a mega whoosh. By Conan of course. People are forever mentioning fake websites on TV shows.

Dijon Warlock
12-07-2006, 01:30 AM
It may be a "mega whoosh," but while people mention fake websites on TV, the ones that I've personally looked up end up being real, if only after the fact.

The Simpsons have mentioned a few (such as "whatbadgerseat.com"), but if you go to them, you'll find content from the show.

I watched Conan again tonight, and he claims they've had over 1.5 million hits on the website, as well as thousands of submissions. So, whoosh or not, it's a mini-cultural-phenomenon, and you heard it here first.

You may thank me or spank me, it's pretty much the same thing at this time of night...

Dijon Warlock
12-30-2006, 08:34 AM
It grows...IT GROWS!!! (http://www.hornymanatee.com/)

Like the kelp forests of the Florida Keys (are there kelp forests around America's Wang? Manatees have to eat something), the website grows. Last week (before they started rerunning the Chicago shows--which have been awesome, btw), they mentioned 16 million hits in just a few weeks.

Take THAT, YouTube!

You can buy t-shirts, y'know...

You can also donate (for real) money to help save REAL manatees, not just horny ones (but probably those, too).

This is truly the Internet coming into its own.

Dijon Warlock
12-30-2006, 08:38 AM
Okay, I forgot the important stuff:

1: It was NBC's Standards Department that imposed the edict requiring the purchase of the website.

2: The purchase of a fictitious website mentioned on the air is an NBC policy, not a universal law.

3: I hope that I am done humiliating myself here.

Heh, heh, heh..."Manateen"...

(okay, evidently I'm NOT done...)

Least Original User Name Ever
12-30-2006, 12:45 PM
*snort*

Mature Manatees.

asterion
12-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Thanks to this website, I have now wasted an hour of my valuable Saturday. And I couldn't be happier. (Shoveling 6" of snow out of my parents' driveway sucked ass.)

betenoir
12-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Yes. Yes, we are.

But are you horney?

(Send in a picture.)

mobo85
12-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Is that Troy McClure?

People don't do that sort of thing with manatees!

Rico
12-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Is there a MILF page?

You know, "Manatees I'd Love to..."

Ah. forget it...

:D

Manatee
12-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Rico, such a page is unnecessary, as everyone would like to..you know...ALL manatees!

Dijon Warlock
01-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Rico: If you submit the idea, I wouldn't be surprised if they start one...

...and you can forever "go down" in history. Don't forget it: DO IT!

Hypno-Toad
01-02-2007, 12:51 AM
Just over Christmas I was joking around with my sister and we thought that since I live in SW Florida, I could start a strip club and call it Mana-tease.

AskNott
01-03-2007, 11:41 AM
My brother, on vacation, went to a place where you pay to put on rented SCUBA gear and swim among the manatees. They were briefed on what you're allowed to do, and what annoys the manatees.

Bosda Di'Chi of Tricor
01-03-2007, 11:45 AM
....what annoys the manatees.

What Annoys The Manatees.

Band Name.

Mehitabel
01-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Yikes! Annoyed Manatees!

What can they do to you--swim into your boat's propellers two miles an hour faster?

:p

<going to Animal Cruelty Hell>

AskNott
01-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Yikes! Annoyed Manatees!

What can they do to you--swim into your boat's propellers two miles an hour faster?

:p

<going to Animal Cruelty Hell>
Well, first of all, the folks running the place take away your tank and make you leave.

Manatees are usually slow-moving and gentle. Still, I don't think it's wise to annoy a creature the size and shape of a VW Beetle. If I remember right, it's okay to run your hand along its back, but they get peeved if you touch the face.

They're generally solitary creatures, but they gather at this one spot. For reasons I don't understand, people are allowed to swim among them at this rare manatee club. Why do they gather there? Maybe they elect officers and eat fried broccoli. Maybe they square dance. Maybe they watch Conan late at night on a submersible HDTV. I dunno.

thirdname
01-03-2007, 06:25 PM
This is one of those things where if I stop watching Conan and those other shows for a few weeks, I tune back in and I just don't understand it all.

thirdname
01-03-2007, 06:36 PM
This is one of those things where if I stop watching Conan and those other shows for a few weeks, I tune back in and I just don't understand it all.

Dijon Warlock
01-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Yikes! Annoyed Manatees!Gone Wild!

(Joe Francis needs money for his defense fund)