PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Yu

tdn
07-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Apparently I'm a racist bastard (http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=386936) (My Pit thread from last September)

Online story here. (http://www.townonline.com/newton/local_news/x405651416)

Notice the picture in the online article. Lush and green, ain't it? Yes, it would be, except Mr. Fuck Yu really let the place go. No landscaping effort was done, so the place got completely overgrown with weeds. The grass grew as high as an elephant's eye. It got so bad that weeds and broken tree limbs blocked the sidewalk. One had to actually go onto the street just to pass by the place. People complained, and asked that Fuck Yu do a little landscaping. In fact, the local government insisted on it.

He complied. Boy, did he ever comply.

About a month ago he completely denuded the property. That included the removal of six old oak trees and a rare magnolia. Most of these exceeded six stories in height. A couple of these weren't even on his property. As the work was going on, neighbors gathered and told him to stop. He said that the DCR issued him a permit to cut the trees down. They didn't. The lying liar asshole thug lied. Bald-faced.

You should see the place now. It looks like a person who gave himself a haircut with a rusty kitchen knife. We're not sure what his intentions were with his clear-cut fuckwittery, but the general feeling is he's being a spiteful jerk. My own thought is that the property is now easily accessable to bulldozers. This assclown is clearly up to no good.

On top of all that, apparently he graffitied his own place, spray painting "No chinks here" on the walls. He's still trying to portray us as racist. Honestly, we don't hate the Chinese. We hate hate-mongering asshole slumlord lying racist pricks who denude beautiful property out of spite.

And unlike a bad haircut, the view out my window isn't going to just grow back.

Fuck Yu couldn't even be bothered to show up to his own court hearing yesterday. He sent his lawyer instead. And he was ordered to replace the trees with grown trees, and restore the property to its original condition. I'm betting he won't. He's going to play spiteful games all the way to the end. He clearly has no respect for his neighbors, or for the law.

He's just a nasty, nasty person.

I wish death on him. I hope he gets the worst kind of ass cancer, then gets dropped from a helicopter into Al Qaida territory where they decapitate him with a dull paring knife, then play soccer with his head.

Bastard.

Qadgop the Mercotan
07-25-2007, 10:23 AM
I wish death on him. I hope he gets the worst kind of ass cancer, then gets dropped from a helicopter into Al Qaida territory where they decapitate him with a dull paring knife, then play soccer with his head.
I'll give you the same advice I give my patients who express this sentiment:

Chill. Your wishes harm him not one whit, but can raise your stress levels to debilitating heights. Even righteous anger takes its toll.

It does sound like he sucks hard, though.....

tdn
07-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Chill. Your wishes harm him not one whit, but can raise your stress levels to debilitating heights. Even righteous anger takes its toll.
Don't worry about it. Starting tomorrow, I'll let surf and sand melt my worries away. :cool: Five days of "fuck the world, I'm having fun."

tdn
07-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Another article. (http://www.townonline.com/allston/homepage/x296331332)

Before and after pictures. (http://brighton-community.blogspot.com/search/label/1954%20Comm%20Ave)

Lionne
07-25-2007, 11:43 AM
He sure has a lot of money to toss around. Sad story...hopefully you'll get your view (or something like it) back.

Dante
07-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Damn, that was a nice house. Now it looks like the door would be answered by a 7 foot tall albino (http://www.addamsfamily.com/addams/lurch1.jpg).

WhyNot
07-25-2007, 12:16 PM
How the hell did he expect to put 42 condos onto a lot that size? The building next door is only 6 stories - was he planning a skyscraper phallicly jutting up in residential utopia or condos the size of shoeboxes?
Now it is up for sale for $3,395,000, according to the Multiple Listing Service. If it does in fact fetch this price, Yu stands to earn a healthy profit. He bought the house for $2.8 million in April 2004.

However, there’s some doubt that Yu will get even close to the asking price, considering that the house and land are assessed at only $1.1 million, and the property does not seem to have much potential for development after the commission’s decisions.

<snip>

The description of the property on the MLS touts it as a “13,000-square-foot lot, true dream location,” with “enormous potential for creative developer.” It is also curiously lists the property under the “land” and “commercial” categories on the MLS, not the “house” category.

The listing also fails to make mention of the deed restriction. It simply reads “buyers to perform own due diligence, no representations made.”
What a fucking fucker McFuckerson. He fucked up, and now wants to trick someone else into paying three times what it's worth by enticing a developer into buying into the same exact mess he's in without mentioning that the site is essentially useless (except as a home, of course). Fuck. Er.

And what he did to the yard makes Baby WhyNot want to cry. Fucker fucker fucker fucker.

tdn
07-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Damn, that was a nice house. Now it looks like the door would be answered by a 7 foot tall albino (http://www.addamsfamily.com/addams/lurch1.jpg).
More likely a crack addict. That's pretty much who lives there now. Yu left the doors unlocked.

A few neighbors took it upon themselves to take a look around inside. Apparently the place smells very strongly of mildew.

Flea
07-25-2007, 12:36 PM
That's a damn shame. As a minority, nothing pisses me off more than people that cry racism whenever something doesn't go their way. I hope you post when karma finally gets that assclown.

DiosaBellissima
07-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Wow, that house was gorgeous before and now just looks awful. That's really, really unfortunate.

tdn
07-25-2007, 12:48 PM
How the hell did he expect to put 42 condos onto a lot that size? The building next door is only 6 stories - was he planning a skyscraper phallicly jutting up in residential utopia or condos the size of shoeboxes?
I think it was supposed to 5 stories high, so if he extended right to the boundries, he could fit in 8 units per floor. Yeah, they'd have to be pretty small. And my view would be someone else's living room.

I wish I knew what restaurants the guy owns, so I can make sure to avoid them at all costs.

TLDRIDKJKLOLFTW
07-25-2007, 12:53 PM
What a piece of fucking shit. Fuck speculators who care nothing for the past and nothing for the character of neighborhoods.

This is why all property should be held in the common good.

Cat Whisperer
07-25-2007, 12:55 PM
What an unfortunate turn of events for the property (and the neighbours), for that house to have been bought by such a large asshole. I'm working on developing a business as a landscape designer; those before and after shots are truly awful - you just don't DO that.

whole bean
07-25-2007, 12:55 PM
It's a hijack, but I just gotta ask. In the first thread on Yu, you repeatedly refer to Saturns in the company of Lexus, Jaguars, etc., as if they were comparable (i.e. as if they were luxury cars). Where do you come by this association? Saturns are hardly luxury cars nor are they marketed as such.

tdn
07-25-2007, 01:00 PM
It's a hijack, but I just gotta ask. In the first thread on Yu, you repeatedly refer to Saturns in the company of Lexus, Jaguars, etc., as if they were comparable (i.e. as if they were luxury cars). Where do you come by this association? Saturns are hardly luxury cars nor are they marketed as such.
I don't know from cars. To me, anything fancier than my feet is luxury.

whole bean
07-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Another article. (http://www.townonline.com/allston/homepage/x296331332)

Before and after pictures. (http://brighton-community.blogspot.com/search/label/1954%20Comm%20Ave)
That sucks. That after picture also makes it pretty clear that that's not a craftsman style house (contrary to the article's description). Looks like a Spanish stucco number.

whole bean
07-25-2007, 01:04 PM
I don't know from cars. To me, anything fancier than my feet is luxury.
fair enough, just stuck out at me.

Kalhoun
07-25-2007, 01:35 PM
I didn't realize this was a landmark status property until I read the article with the before and after pictures. He's in big trouble.

Other than that, I may not like what he did, but it should be his right to do whatever he wants to his property. There are plenty of landscaping jobs that could use a little re-thinking. I'm just against communities telling you what color you can paint your house, what plants you can grow (or not grow), etc. I'm not into the "ticky tacky" look.

He sounds like he might be a little nuts. He's only hurting himself.

tdn
07-25-2007, 01:41 PM
From what I understand, he's been sipping the rage-o-hol a bit much. Last night a very cute neighbor told me that he's pretty much always clenching his fists and that there's a vein permanently bulging from his forehead. Yeah, he doesn't sound too stable to me.

Very cute neighbor.

We're generally not the kind of neighbors who cares at all what people do to their property. We're live and let live. But experience has shown that if what you're going to do affects us negatively, then be prepared for a fight.

VERY cute.

Skywatcher
07-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Too bad Mr. Yu wasn't the owner of a certain DC dry cleaner. Two egotistical eccentrics with anger issues would have been twice as fun.

athelas
07-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Yu did this? Wow, I knew they nerfed the Goa'uld, but I had no clue they had gotten this pathetic.

tdn
07-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Too bad Mr. Yu wasn't the owner of a certain DC dry cleaner. Two egotistical eccentrics with anger issues would have been twice as fun.
Yeah, but the weather would have sucked for DC residents.

It's no so much the heat, it's the radioactive fallout.

EddyTeddyFreddy
07-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Obviously he's hoping the house will deteriorate so badly it'll have to be torn down. Problem solved! Or so he thinks.

I'm just surprised that he hasn't paid a junkie to torch it for him.

Dinsdale
07-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Damn! That was one attractive house!

At this point, all I can say is that you must take matters in your own hands to ensure that some good comes out of this. Yes, you had better seek solace from that neighbor. (Did you say she was cute?)

velvetjones
07-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Wow, what a complete tool! I hope he's not doing what ETF suggested but sadly he might be.

Have fun at the beach. Don't forget your sunscreen!

koeeoaddi
07-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Way to fuck up an absolutely beautiful house. Gee, maybe if he can't tear it down it can replace the floors with Pergo, slap on some granite counter tops, throw in a wide screen TV and flip it.

Astroboy14
07-25-2007, 04:31 PM
I like Chinese.
I like Chinese.
They only come up to your knees...

**Strolls away humming...**

athelas
07-25-2007, 04:42 PM
I like Chinese.
I like Chinese.
They only come up to your knees...

Hey, thass wasis!
Hey, coulda been a "chink in your armor" joke
/chinese

bbs2k
07-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Fuck me! I recognize that site.

tdn, that story is truly infuriating.

So, whats the rent?

Leaper
07-25-2007, 06:38 PM
He sounds like he might be a little nuts. He's only hurting himself.

That's why many of the people here are upset: they think he's hurting not only himself, but the character of the entire neighborhood, and a home that has intrinsic value beyond the value of its land and lumber.

Plynck
07-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Obviously he's hoping the house will deteriorate so badly it'll have to be torn down. Problem solved! Or so he thinks.

I'm just surprised that he hasn't paid a junkie to torch it for him.It may have occurred to him in a different way...More likely a crack addict. That's pretty much who lives there now. Yu left the doors unlocked.Maybe he was hoping for a meth lab. Declared toxic in no time flat and will have to be demolished. Unless it explodes first.

The description of the property on the MLS touts it as a “13,000-square-foot lot, true dream location,” with “enormous potential for creative developer.”Just thinkin' outside the box here...

When good houses go bad. That's a damn shame.

Man With a Cat
07-25-2007, 07:58 PM
This is why all property should be held in the common good.

Good thing we're not over-reacting huh?

In communist Russia, all property hold YOU in the public good.

tdn that is just shitty what the assface did to that property. I agree with Kalhoun that man is in for some major legal problems considering the status of the property.

:: off to find a nice Korean laundromat ::

Man With a Cat
07-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Missed the Edit window:

On Edit, I'll give VCO3 that he didn't mean to hold in public trust. I read and reacted faster than I comprehended.

Real estate, (IANAL or an economist) in my opinion doesn't belong as a good in the public good. Private property can be owned and owners within the bounds of land use laws should be free to build or tear down what they want. Exceptions, obviously being ones such as this, which have been granted protected status, I'm only speaking to the massive generalization he expressed.

Darth Nader
07-25-2007, 08:42 PM
I lived for a few years in a neighborhood that was known for it's animal habitats and as a place for out of state birdwatchers to visit. The city nearby managed to grab the land, and promptly tried to sell it to the state as a park. Many residents, most of whom were retired had or move, or deal with all the pains in the ass a town can bring upon someone who suddenly lives on land they own.

Long story short- most trees have been cut down. There is a nice habitat next to the land that was once taken care of by my mother and her neighbors, but the land that was taken by the city seems to now be ruined forever. Nothing but half-excavated concrete and failed septic tanks, where once wild critters got along with the folks who lived there.

I'm bitter about this. Forgive the hijack:

COMMISSIONER MONTGOMERY: Okay. We'll go on to the next. We have number 5, land transfer Hidalgo County, Scott.

MR. BORUFF: Mr. Chairman, Commissioners, for the record, my name is Scott Boruff, deputy executive director of operations. Here today to brief you on this and ask for you to place this item on the agenda for tomorrow, relative to a land transfer in Hidalgo County relative to the World Birding Center.

As you may or may not know, the 76th Legislature directed us to support the development of the World Birding Center in the Valley. The state was directed to put $2 million into three sites, one of which we're going to talk about today at Weslaco, Texas, called the Estero Llano Grande site.

This site has — I'm going to put the picture up here. I don't know if you can see it real good. If you prefer, I will pass this around, or hold it up. I don't know what will work best to give you an idea.

This is a site that originally was a portion of a wildlife management area called the Adams Unit of the Las Palomas Wildlife Management Area. Several years ago, we swapped that with some state park land called Arroyo Colorado in order to develop this state park, which is going to be part of the World Birding Center.

We have expended the $2 million we were directed to expend by the legislature. I'm going to show you some pictures here in a moment of some of the headquarters that have been developed there. The requirement for the local entities was to match whatever money that the state put in, up to $2 million. The city of Weslaco decided to purchase a piece of property adjacent to the land.

Now, for purposes of this, this is the World Birding Center site that we have developed. This little red representation up here in the corner is where we built the headquarters. There are wetlands that have developed with trails that run throughout, which allow people then to walk out through the wetlands to see the birds and so forth out here.

The city of Weslaco, several years ago, seven years ago, I believe, purchased what's called the Lakeview Trailer Park — it's right here — with the intent of vacating the trailer park and transferring it to Parks and Wildlife as their match for the World Birding Center project. The city has — and here are some pictures of the Lakeview Trailer Park. This is really a beautiful habitat and you can't really see that in the pictures, but this is one of the few areas in the Valley where some of the original natural habitat is still intact.

When the city came to us, like I say, seven years ago, and offered this property up as a match, our response to them was we would be glad to take the property as a match, but we were not willing to be in the trailer home business. If they were willing to deal with getting that property vacated and donated to us, we'd be glad to take it, but we did not want to be engaged in the negotiations with the residents regarding how they were going to move out and those kind of things.

The reality is, over the last six years, this has been quite a contentious issue down in the Valley, particularly in Weslaco, and I wouldn't be surprised if you gentlemen haven't heard some of this, and wouldn't be surprised if you hear some more of it tomorrow at the public hearing, assuming that you put this on the agenda.

The city has recently taken some pretty active steps to try to get the residents out of the trailer park. The residents have resisted. There have been a couple of lawsuits. My understanding is they both have been dismissed, but there are continuing efforts on some of the residents' parts to prevent this from happening.

On the other hand, we have kind of tried to keep arm's length from this process. Despite attempts to draw us into the process, we have said this is a local issue. If the city wants to do this, that's their business. They continue to say they want to use this as their match.

The process we've gone through is to work with them to identify portions of this park which are currently vacant. There are approximately 80 or 90 trailer park sites in the trailer park, about 60 percent of which are vacant. The proposal that will come before you tomorrow, assuming you put it on the agenda, would be to authorize the executive director — assuming we get to the point where we're comfortable with this — to accept those lots that are vacant at this point.

The city's intent is to ultimately give us all the land, but they have about 60 percent of this property vacant. They have been having some trouble managing it. Their intent is to move it to us as soon as possible.

COMMISSIONER HOLT: So we would get 60 percent of it roughly?

MR. BORUFF: Right now.

COMMISSIONER HOLT: And manage it and everything?

MR. BORUFF: We do have management on site. We do have a park manager who's here every day.

COMMISSIONER HOLT: Oh, we do already?

MR. BORUFF: We do manage what we currently own.

COMMISSIONER HOLT: Right.

MR. BORUFF: I will tell you that the city has already transferred to us the front five acres of this trailer park, which is not inhabited. It has good habitat on it. About a year ago, they transferred this five acres to us. There's about 18 acres in the vacant lots in the park they would prefer to transfer to us now.

They also wanted, at one point, to transfer some of the common areas. There's a swimming pool there, and there's a meeting room, and those kind of things. Our response is we would like to not have those until it's completely clear. We don't want to manage the trailer park issues.

We do think ultimately, assuming the city can work out its differences with the residents and get this land cleared, that this would be a good addition.

COMMISSIONER BROWN: Are these contiguous acres that are currently not being used for trailer park? Or are they just spotted and scattered around?

MR. BORUFF: They're scatted to some extent. What we did is try to go in and in a reasonable fashion pick out portions of the park that had multiple trailer park sites we could survey together and transfer at one time. So they're not all contiguous.

COMMISSIONER FRIEDKIN: What's involved in terms of habitat development of that site, the amount that we would get? What do we need to do?

MR. BORUFF: We probably would not do very much over here. The habitat that is there is pretty impressive. We spent most of our money and effort out here. This, before, was a big sunflower field. And so we've gone out there and contoured it and added water control features to be able to lower and raise the water level for different kinds of bird species. Most of our energy in terms of habitat restoration and those kinds of things has and would continue to occur out here.

Our idea here is if we could just get this — our message to the city was this is good habitat. If it were vacant, we would be glad to accept it.

MR. COOK: It's a long term project. We wouldn't do anything with that habitat in there until it's completely cleaned up. We're not going to push on these folks. Some of these folks have been there a while. There's a real high turnover in occupants at the park. Had the city, five or six years ago, when we agreed to this thing, had they not allowed new visitors to come in, we wouldn't be having this question today.

COMMISSIONER FITZSIMONS: This could have been done through attrition —

MR. COOK: Absolutely.

COMMISSIONER FITZSIMONS: — if they had capped it at a certain day.

MR. COOK: Which is what we suggested, what we recommended.

MR. BORUFF: Actually, the city agreed to that six years ago. Unfortunately, there had been a lot of turnover in city management in Weslaco in my six years at the agency. We're on our third mayor and fourth city manager.

MR. COOK: But now they have asked us to accept these groups of sites and I think that's probably a positive step. We're not going to go in and disturb them, do anything. We won't accept them unless they're completely cleaned off, nothing there.

COMMISSIONER FITZSIMONS: Unoccupied is the term.

COMMISSIONER HOLT: Unoccupied.

MR. BORUFF: We're not accepting anything that's —

COMMISSIONER HOLT: Why do you want to do it piecemeal, because you can argue, theoretically, that you can wait until Weslaco finally gets rid of everybody and gets rid of 100 percent?

MR. BORUFF: We'd like to accomplish it this century.

COMMISSIONER MONTGOMERY: I think it locks the deal in.

MR. COOK: I think it supports the city's commitment.

COMMISSIONER HOLT: To doing this?

MR. COOK: Yes. It precludes future occupation.

COMMISSIONER HOLT: Right.

COMMISSIONER BIVINS: Will this subject our staff that's running the facility to any confrontational issues or anything of that nature?

MR. COOK: Not really. We've, you know, the possibility exists. For example, there's some folks there that we would like to incorporate into our volunteer program. They're great birders, you know. We just need to get in a position where we can do that. It has been, like Scott says, the turnover there in the community, in leadership in the community and in the park itself, has made it very difficult.

MR. BORUFF: This is something we've literally been working on full time for five or six years. So we're kind of pleased to get to this point. I think it will signal to everybody that this is a project that's a serious project.

COMMISSIONER HOLT: It is going to happen.

MR. COOK: We have refused consistently to be any part of pushing anybody out, you know. Just give it some time. It will work out. We've consistently said that for six years.

MR. BORUFF: One correction. This is not on the agenda for tomorrow. We are seeking permission for us to go out to public hearings so that we could put this on the next agenda.

MR. COOK: Yes, we need to go out to public meetings.

COMMISSIONER MONTGOMERY: Any further questions or discussion?

(No response.)

COMMISSIONER MONTGOMERY: If there are no further questions or discussion, I'll ask staff to obtain appraisals, explore options, and begin the public notice and input process.

So ends a neighborhood.