PDA

View Full Version : Mafia: The Conspiracy

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Blaster Master
10-26-2007, 03:37 PM
The Night quiets and perchance so has the evil within it, for only one victim is found come morn: Idle Thoughts, strangled in his sleep. And yet another Zombie extracts its stiffened frame from the soil; nesta, or at least his corpse, has left his coffin.

The Village snoops find more revelations concerning the recently deceased. nesta and Kat were both members of the mysterious Cabal. And good ole Hal Briston was another Freemason who gave his life for the Town. But the worst news of all: Rysto was a Witch.

It is now Day Five.

Okay... I think we can probably conclude there isn't a Vigilante. However, in the event he does exist and he was blocked or something, he really should step forward now. Otherwise, I will not consider a Vigilante claim remotely credible.

Also, looking at the death toll, we only had one. Now, that means either they doubled up on Idle Thoughts (which doesn't make much sense), or they targetted me, one of my protected targets, or Dio (whom I imagine was protected by the Witches.

Now, I'm going to have to give these results some further thought...

Sach, do you care to confirm the identity of MHaye and that Idle was honest?

ShadowFacts
10-26-2007, 03:39 PM
The Night quiets and perchance so has the evil within it, for only one victim is found come morn: Idle Thoughts, strangled in his sleep. And yet another Zombie extracts its stiffened frame from the soil; nesta, or at least his corpse, has left his coffin.

The Village snoops find more revelations concerning the recently deceased. nesta and Kat were both members of the mysterious Cabal. And good ole Hal Briston was another Freemason who gave his life for the Town. But the worst news of all: Rysto was a Witch.

It is now Day Five.

Hmmm, well, perhaps I was mistaken about Idle after all. sach will have to tell us more. Nevertheless, considering who we COULD have lost, I'll take it (at least we won't be clogging up the thread with our arguments anymore :p ).

And I can't see any reason whatsoever not to
Vote CatInASuit

Blaster Master
10-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Wow. When I logged in and saw that there was no PM for me, I thought I was dead. But I'm not, but I don't have info yet. Cutting up Idle Thoughts isn't as easy as it looks.

Oh, but I already know that MHaye indeed had furry tendencies: Wolf regular kind.

Okay, I didn't see this when I posted. But based on this, this looks really good for Hockey Monkey.

Do you have any thoughts why you may not have info yet? Could this be related to a recruitment attempt? If he was self-jujuing, you're supposed to get his role, right?

Hockey Monkey
10-26-2007, 03:41 PM
I think it goes without saying, but

Vote CatInASuit

I want to hear the results of our town night actions. My investigation yesterDay of Kat's death revealed she was killed by a Vampire.

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Wow. When I logged in and saw that there was no PM for me, I thought I was dead. But I'm not, but I don't have info yet. Cutting up Idle Thoughts isn't as easy as it looks.

Oh, but I already know that MHaye indeed had furry tendencies: Wolf regular kind.

Intriguing... it looks like Idle's tendency towards paranoia may have done him well: I'd recommend against cutting him up too much, sache. He might want that body back, tomorrow. When he does come back, unfortunately, I think he's got an excellent chance at being the recruit.

In other news, it looks like Blaster's scheme for protecting the rest of the town has worked out quite well: we went another day, scum didn't get a permanent kill in, Hockey Monkey is now (relatively) confirmed, and might have another answer for us tomorrow.

For right now, however, I'm calling Cat out. This evening, at Dusk, on the main green of Cecilwich. You and I, last man standing, may the best sorcerer win.

Vote: CatInASuit

ShadowFacts
10-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Okay... I think we can probably conclude there isn't a Vigilante.

I don't think we can conclude that quite yet. Wolves could easily have opted to No Kill to avoid Hockey's investigation, and the Vig could have killed Idle.

Blaster Master
10-26-2007, 03:47 PM
I don't think we can conclude that quite yet. Wolves could easily have opted to No Kill to avoid Hockey's investigation, and the Vig could have killed Idle.

And why the hell would the Vig kill Idle? Give me even a remotely logical reason why Idle could have been a more reasonable victim than Cat.

Hockey Monkey
Why would the Vig have any good reason to kill Idle over CatInASuit?

I can see how the Wolves may have gone for a no-kill option, but that still leaves a Vampire out there who is a much more likely Idle Thoughts killer. Do you not agree?

ShadowFacts
My investigation yesterDay of Kat's death revealed she was killed by a Vampire.

What? WHAT? WHAT!?!?!

I think you just f'ed up big time. From the Rules:
Detective: each Day may determine the Identity of the killer of one Player killed the previous Night. Identification will fail if the killer is a Vampire.

Um. Care to explain that one away? Or shall we just prepare the space next to CatInASuit for you?

Blaster Master
10-26-2007, 03:50 PM
What? WHAT? WHAT!?!?!

I think you just f'ed up big time. From the Rules:

Um. Care to explain that one away? Or shall we just prepare the space next to CatInASuit for you?

Umm... maybe by the fact that if it's NOT a Vampire she gets a name, otherwise she doesn't... which, you could easily conclude means the Vampire did it.

Freudian Slit
10-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Maybe the ID failed for her and she's assuming that it's a vampire?

Blaster Master
NETA: For the love of God... I can't type to save my life.

ShadowFacts
And why the hell would the Vig kill Idle? Give me even a remotely logical reason why Idle could have been a more reasonable victim than Cat.

Nope, I can't give you a logical reason. I'm not saying it's likely, but it is possible. You're probably right, but I prefer not to make assumptions, is all.

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Nope, I can't give you a logical reason. I'm not saying it's likely, but it is possible. You're probably right, but I prefer not to make assumptions, is all.

I think leaaping to the conclusion that Hockey needs to make excuses for herself is making a pretty big assumption, yourself. I think it's pretty reasonable for Hockey to assume that, on a night with two kills, if she gets back a null anwser, it's a vampire kill

Hockey Monkey
10-26-2007, 03:56 PM
If the killer is a Wolf or other than a Vampire, I get a name. Duh. Otherwise I get ____'s killer was a Vampire. I didn't fuck up at all. Other than picking Kat over Nesta to investigate.

Freudian Slit
10-26-2007, 03:57 PM
About Idle. Do we think he really was the witch doctor and is going to come back (having, presumably, enchanted himself) with the name of his killer? Or was the whole witch doctor thing a bluff? He did get his own powers very wrong at one point.

Blaster Master
10-26-2007, 03:59 PM

We have to make some reasoning steps, and that's SO incredibly unlikely, and just dumb if he did that, that I'm not willing to believe it unless he gives me a good reason. I'll be even more disbelieving if he waits until he's cornered to tells u why he did that.

That said... I would like to take some time today to try to look at some other people. We're going to start running out of confirmed townies soon, so it will be nice to have some information out there before they go. We can still end up with a lynch on Cat, but that doesn't mean we should waste the Day.

CatInASuit
10-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Well, I had a great time in this game and so all I shall say on my demise is...

Hold on, what do you mean I'm not dead.

Me. Not dead.

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Santo Rugger
10-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Okay, I didn't see this when I posted. But based on this, this looks really good for Hockey Monkey.
<snip>

I disagree. The only think Hockey told us Yesterday that we didn't already know was that MHaye was a wolf. Which, she could have known by, you know, being a wolf. She hasn't told us anything Today that's verifiable, either. I'm still suspicious.

ShadowFacts
10-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Umm... maybe by the fact that if it's NOT a Vampire she gets a name, otherwise she doesn't... which, you could easily conclude means the Vampire did it.

OK, that makes sense, I guess I jumped the gun a bit :)

But really, why not SAY that? Why not say "My investigation came up negative, which means it was almost certainly a Vampire"?

I suppose I'm just being hyper-technical.

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Oh, and if there is a Vig out there, you totally suck at life.

Hockey Monkey
10-26-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm actually suspicious of you Santo and your Freemason claim. Are there any Freemason's left that can verify you? Three are dead y'know.

CatInASuit
10-26-2007, 04:14 PM
For right now, however, I'm calling Cat out. This evening, at Dusk, on the main green of Cecilwich. You and I, last man standing, may the best sorcerer win.

Diomedes - you're on. Although I'm sure with Blaster Master backing you up as the other witch that you will at least have someone there to shovel up the ashes when I have finished with you.

So Blaster Master, how about that role claim then, feel like talking :D

You seem to have done such a good job last night.

I guess the Vig killed Idle Thoughts and will bite the dust in a couple of days, although I wonder if the Vig will die if Idle Thoughts ressurects as he isn't really dead and we don't find out his side.

And if that's the case, Hockey Monkey will not have got a new lead and next night the Witches will need to protect her.

Oh of course, and as your special power is gone, you are down to protecting one person and tonight Diomedes dies, which I guess that means that Hockey Monkey is wide open for the killing tonight.

The wolves must be licking their lips in anticipation.

ShadowFacts
If the killer is a Wolf or other than a Vampire, I get a name. Duh. Otherwise I get ____'s killer was a Vampire. I didn't fuck up at all. Other than picking Kat over Nesta to investigate.

:smack: :smack: :smack:
"Then did the light on dunghill shine."

Sorry, I was being really stupid on this whole topic.

Hockey Monkey
OK, that makes sense, I guess I jumped the gun a bit :)

But really, why not SAY that? Why not say "My investigation came up negative, which means it was almost certainly a Vampire"?

I suppose I'm just being hyper-technical.

The only reason my investigation will fail to give me a name of a killer is if the killer is a Vampire. It's not almost certainly. It is a fact. Why are you so jumpy?

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-26-2007, 04:19 PM
The only reason my investigation will fail to give me a name of a killer is if the killer is a Vampire. It's not almost certainly. It is a fact. Why are you so jumpy?

Just sayin'... if there is a Cabal left, that would be another reason why you would get a null-read.

Oh, wait. Their block is a night power... you read during the Day. Never mind.

sachertorte
10-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Top of the page (ish) summary:
MHaye is a regular Werewolf.

The results are in for Idle Thoughts, and the results are complicated.
Idle Thoughts was the Witchdoctor (Town).
I don't know if Idle Thoughts self-ju-jued or not, but Idle Thoughts will rise again Tomorrow, but he won't be pro-Town anymore.
Idle Thoughts is now a Vampire.
That's right, Idle Thoughts was cursed by the Vampire last Night.

How I know:
I was not entirely truthful in my roleclaim. What I presented as secret knowledge is in reality extra knowledge stemming from a secret power. I can identify a Vampire's curse. So when I brought up the issue of recruitment, I left out the part about my power of actually being able to know when a Vampire curses someone, for what I think should be obvious reasons.

So that role PM I posted? The one that ShadowFacts asked for? The one that drove me nuts because Idle Thoughts and ShadowFacts wouldn't leave me alone with my secrets? That PM was judiciously edited.
FOS ShadowFacts

I don't actually know whether the wolves can recruit or not, I just thought it might be a possibility so I presented the recruit information as a broad Vamp/Wolf thing. However, with Idle Thoughts (Witchdoctor) dead, the Town will know a wolf recruitment (or any other curse-thing) when it happens. Yay!

Unfortunately, this means Hockey Monkey will get no results from investigating Idle Thoughts Today. Idle Thoughts was clearly cursed by the Vampire. But it can't hurt to try.

We still have a buttload of scum to lynch though.
vote CatInASuit
(Which we should have done yesterday)

Idle Thoughts
10-26-2007, 04:20 PM
:)

Freudian Slit
10-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Heavy.

So this means that there is one more undead. Can Idle Thoughts (yes, I know you're very happy about this role change!) kill, too? I.e., will we have two vampires on our hands soon, both capable of killing?

Hockey Monkey
10-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Today: CatInASuit
Tomorrow: Idle Thoughts
The Day After: Hopefully another Undead. If Cat is a Vampire, then the Necro will be near to raising a Town Overtaking Zombie Army by then. If Cat is indeed the Necro, then we won't have to worry about Zombies, but we will still have an unknown Vampire to contend with.

Sach, excellent use of your powers dude.

Hockey Monkey
10-26-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm hoping Idle won't be able to kill until he is risen from the dead. Which means if we take him out during the Day he rises he shouldn't be able to kill. Og, I hope he doesn't get to kill toNight. That would suck big time.

Santo Rugger
10-26-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm actually suspicious of you Santo and your Freemason claim. Are there any Freemason's left that can verify you? Three are dead y'know.

I don't know. Hopefully one will flash me the sign today. That's why I chose to put myself out in the open when I found out two were gone. I didn't want to put the town in the position of not being able to confirm the last one or two of us.

CatInASuit
10-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Heavy.

So this means that there is one more undead. Can Idle Thoughts (yes, I know you're very happy about this role change!) kill, too? I.e., will we have two vampires on our hands soon, both capable of killing?

Awww. Look! Isn't that sweet, now there's two of them.

And if he does rise tonight, in time to chow down on someone, who will the witches protect this time around.

Oh wait, of course, they won't be able to will they. :D

sachertorte
10-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Regarding Hockey Monkey:
I tend to believe Hockey Monkey is the Detective because:
1) I believe a Detective exists in the game and no one has counter claimed.
2) Hockey Monkey served up MHaye without any pressure existing on either of them.

Regarding Santo Rugger:
I tend to believe Santo Rugger is the last remaining Freemason.
At the time of Santo Rugger's roleclaim, there were two publicly stated Freemasons (amrussell and Drain Bead). While Hal Briston is also a Freemason, I kept Hal's Role secret. No one but me and possibly the dead amrussell should have known this.
With two outed and dead Freemasons, a claim by a real Freemason makes sense. Santo Rugger thought he was the last one.
With two outed and dead Freemasons, a claim by scum is nonsense. Surely there is a third Freemason somewhere; and a scum-aligned Santo Rugger could not have known that Hal Briston was one too. If I had revealed that Hal Briston was a Freemason before Santo Rugger claimed, I'd doubt his claim much more, but I kept that info secret.

Idle Thoughts
10-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Heavy.

I just want to clear something up:

I didn't even see sach's post before I posted that smile. My smile was the usual "have fun guys" post. :p Only I couldn't think of anything to say.

Edit because I'm dead :p : Just look at the timestamps to confirm it. :p

sachertorte
10-26-2007, 04:41 PM
You know, we got really lucky with the One And Only Wanderers lynch. His claim of Vig was actually a good role to pick. I was ready to let him prove it by not getting Vigged that Night.

Phew!

ShadowFacts
10-26-2007, 04:43 PM
So that role PM I posted? The one that ShadowFacts asked for? The one that drove me nuts because Idle Thoughts and ShadowFacts wouldn't leave me alone with my secrets? That PM was judiciously edited.
FOS ShadowFacts

Aww, come on! I was the one lobbying for you to get protected last night! :p

(And I was right about how important you would be. Nice work.)

Freudian Slit
10-26-2007, 04:46 PM
I just want to clear something up:

I didn't even see sach's post before I posted that smile. My smile was the usual "have fun guys" post. :p Only I couldn't think of anything to say.

Edit because I'm dead :p : Just look at the timestamps to confirm it. :p
Ah, okay, got it. I didn't notice that.

Have fun...uh...being dead before rising to feast on the living. Er, right. :)

ShadowFacts
10-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Idle Thoughts was the Witchdoctor (Town).

BTW, just to complete the circle, I owe Idle an apology, as I stated yesterDay. I humbly apologize for hounding you.

PS. See you toMorrow! :D

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-26-2007, 04:49 PM
BTW, just to complete the circle, I owe Idle an apology, as I stated yesterDay. I humbly apologize for hounding you.

PS. See you toMorrow! :D

Shadow, I now give you permission and my endorsement to give Idle a hard time again. :D

Santo Rugger
10-26-2007, 04:51 PM
<snip>While Hal Briston is also a Freemason, I kept Hal's Role secret. No one but me and possibly the dead amrussell should have known this.
<snip>

Yet another reason for you to delay your results. Not to conform to the crowd or anything, but my humble apologizes for my previous doubt.

ShadowFacts
10-26-2007, 05:13 PM
List time. Here's what I've been using to track. Let me know if I missed anything.

Known Town
07. Hal Briston Town - Freemason
09. Drain Bead Town - Freemason
13. amrussell - Town - Freemason
11. Rysto - Witch Crone
20. sachertorte - Town Coroner
01. Idle Thoughts Witchdoctor (until toMorrow! :eek: )

Probable Town
10. Blaster Master - Role unknown
02. Diomedes - Town Claimed Witch - Mother
04. Hockey Monkey - Town Claimed Detective
22. ShadowFacts - Role unknown (I put myself here due to Dio's investigation - feel free to put me elsewhere if you disagree)

Known Wolf
16. Fretful Porpentine - Wolf
14. fluiddruid - Wolf
19. MHaye - Wolf

Known Cabal
21. One and Only Wanderers - Cabal
03. Kat - Cabal
12. nesta - Cabal

Known Undead
05. CatInASuit -Undead - Claimed Necromancer

Completely Unknown
06. HazelNutCoffee
08. DiggitCamara
15. Santos Rugger claimed Freemason
17. dotchan
18. Zoggie

Definitely Remaining Roles (if we believe everyone)
1 Witch
1 Necromancer OR Vampire (whichever Cat is not)
2 Wolves
1 Vicar?

sachertorte
10-26-2007, 05:20 PM
You know, as the Coroner it is actually appropriate that I'm in a group with all dead people.

sachertorte
10-26-2007, 05:23 PM
ShadowFacts,
I think you messed up.
Rysto: Crone
and
Diomedes: Mother
is not public information.

So much for my FOS. :smack:

Hockey Monkey
10-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Diomedes actually used those terms yesterDay. She's not cleared as far as I'm concerned.

Freudian Slit
10-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Diomedes actually used those terms yesterDay. She's not cleared as far as I'm concerned.
When did Dio use those terms? I've been searching, but can't find it.

ShadowFacts
10-26-2007, 05:36 PM
ShadowFacts,
I think you messed up.
Rysto: Crone
and
Diomedes: Mother
is not public information.

So much for my FOS. :smack:

Actually, I got it from Dio's Post 1165. So FOS away! :D

On preview: Hockey beat me to it. (And I'm male).

sachertorte
10-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Oh, okay. I missed that. I guess that's good as the third witch is not exposed then.

DiggitCamara
10-26-2007, 06:18 PM
(snip)

We still have a buttload of scum to lynch though.
vote CatInASuit
(Which we should have done yesterday)
Agreed.

vote CatInASuit

DiggitCamara
10-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Oh, and if there is a Vig out there, you totally suck at life.
Not necessarily. Maybe (s)he thought the Cat in the bag had a bomb in his suit and preferred to live another Day.

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Oh, okay. I missed that. I guess that's good as the third witch is not exposed then.

The third witch's role, if you couldn't guess from those two, of course, is the Child.

So don't kill the Children of the Corn after I'm dead .Even they look really, really creepy.;)

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Not necessarily. Maybe (s)he thought the Cat in the bag had a bomb in his suit and preferred to live another Day.

I don't think so. The Vig's responsibility in this game, essentially, is to shorten the amount of time we have to finish this game up. Our Vig not only failed to take out Cat last night (and thereby spare me from Cat's bomb today), but also didn't speak up when we came close to no-lynching OAOW. The Vig has to know his/her role is significantly less important than keeping two witches alive for another night.

If you want to try claiming Vig at this point, you're welcome to it, but your play has been abysmally self-centered.

Freudian Slit
10-26-2007, 06:30 PM
The third witch's role, if you couldn't guess from those two, of course, is the Child.

So don't kill the Children of the Corn after I'm dead .Even they look really, really creepy.;)
From googling it, I would've thought the Maiden? As in the White Goddess. But what do I know from witches?

dotchan
10-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Morning all.

vote CatInASuit

Further analysis pending some RL sleep.

sachertorte
10-27-2007, 10:34 AM
11 Players:

Day Five: 7 Town, 2 Undead, 2 Wolves, 3 Zombies (Lynch CatInASuit)

Assume CatInASuit is a Vampire
Day Six: 6 Town, 2 Undead, 2 Wolves, 4 Zombies (Lynch Idle Thoughts)
Day Seven: 5 Town, 1 Undead, 2 Wolves, 5 Zombies -- MUST LYNCH NECROMANCER or lose

Assume CatInASuit is the Necromancer
Day Six: 5 Town, 2 Undead 2 Wolves, 0 Zombies (Lynch Idle Thoughts)
Day Seven: 3 Town 1 Undead, 2 Wolves, 0 Zombies -- Not very good either .. Lynch Undead and Wolves Win. Lynch Wolf and Day 8 Shapes up to a 1 Town, 1 Vampire, 1 Wolf showdown.

The situation looks grim.
I don't see how we're going to pull this off. It looks like we needed to lynch perfectly to win this game.

ShadowFacts
10-27-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm just following up on my own list to try to get things clear about where we're at. It looks to me like we've got 7 Players left to identify at this point:

HazelNutCoffee
DiggitCamara
Santos Rugger
dotchan
Zoggie
ShadowFacts
Blaster Master

Among those 7, there are:
1 Witch
1 Necromancer (not 100%, but seems pretty clear that Cat really is the Vampire, and he false claimed to get his curse on Idle)
2 Wolves
1 Vicar (Blaster posits in post 1169 that there almost has to be a Vicar since there was no Zombie on the first Night - makes sense to me)
2 unknown, could be anything but Wolf or Vampire if Hockey's numbers are correct; also, probably not a Vigilante

Does that look correct?

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-27-2007, 12:13 PM
11 Players:

Day Five: 7 Town, 2 Undead, 2 Wolves, 3 Zombies (Lynch CatInASuit)

Assume CatInASuit is a Vampire
Day Six: 6 Town, 2 Undead, 2 Wolves, 4 Zombies (Lynch Idle Thoughts)
Day Seven: 5 Town, 1 Undead, 2 Wolves, 5 Zombies -- MUST LYNCH NECROMANCER or lose

Assume CatInASuit is the Necromancer
Day Six: 5 Town, 2 Undead 2 Wolves, 0 Zombies (Lynch Idle Thoughts)
Day Seven: 3 Town 1 Undead, 2 Wolves, 0 Zombies -- Not very good either .. Lynch Undead and Wolves Win. Lynch Wolf and Day 8 Shapes up to a 1 Town, 1 Vampire, 1 Wolf showdown.

The situation looks grim.
I don't see how we're going to pull this off. It looks like we needed to lynch perfectly to win this game.

Yeah, I did those same grim calculations you did. If Cat is telling the truth, it's actually grimmer than you say:

CatInASuit is *bombing* Necro:
Day Six: 4 Town, 2 Undead, 2 Wolves
Day Seven: 2 Town, 1 Undead, 2 Wolves (Lynch Undead, Wolves win automatically. Lynch Wolf... Undead/Wolf tie?)

This is given that the Wolves and Undead don't manage to hit each other during the nighttime. It looks like it's of vital importance that no further information confirming townies is leaked... We need the dark powers to pick at least one of each other off during one of these nights for the town to win.

I highly recommend the scum decide not to nightkill, in order to refrain from possibly hitting each other.

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-27-2007, 12:21 PM
1 Vicar (Blaster posits in post 1169 that there almost has to be a Vicar since there was no Zombie on the first Night - makes sense to me)

The Necromancer might very well not have tried to raise a Zombie on night One: There was no chance of him being successful, and he might have been afraid of some sort of other person's secret ability. As soon as I found out I had an extra ability not included in the rules, I assumed everyone else in the game had one as well.

CatInASuit
10-27-2007, 12:40 PM
The Necromancer might very well not have tried to raise a Zombie on night One: There was no chance of him being successful, and he might have been afraid of some sort of other person's secret ability. As soon as I found out I had an extra ability not included in the rules, I assumed everyone else in the game had one as well.
@rse. You know I never considered the possiblity of there not being a Vicar in the game, so I never bothered trying to raise anything on Night 1, my other power being deployed at the moment, of course.
D@mn, we could/should be up another zombie. I feel slightly stupid now. :smack:

Oh well, in the long run, its not going to matter anyway.

And besides, it could be worse...you could a Caballist :p

Hockey Monkey
10-27-2007, 12:54 PM
If you really are the Necromancer, you won't have to worry about feeding your Zombie Army for much longer anyways. :p

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-27-2007, 01:31 PM
And besides, it could be worse...you could a Caballist :p

Oh, it's on now, Cat. Them's as nasty a set of fightin' words as you can come up with.

Coven>Cabal!

sachertorte
10-27-2007, 01:34 PM
As soon as I found out I had an extra ability not included in the rules, I assumed eeryone else in the game had one as well.
I thought I was special :(

Actually, it didn't occur to me that others would have secret powers too because I thought my power was there just to balance scum's secret recruit power.

ShadowFacts
10-27-2007, 02:15 PM
I thought I was special :(

Actually, it didn't occur to me that others would have secret powers too because I thought my power was there just to balance scum's secret recruit power.

Wanna know what my secret power is?

I'm Batman

ShadowFacts
10-27-2007, 02:18 PM

Good point. Vicar goes back on the "maybe" list, but I still think that since we know there is a Necromancer, the odds of there being a Vicar are good.

ShadowFacts
10-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I did those same grim calculations you did. If Cat is telling the truth, it's actually grimmer than you say:

C'mon, team! Buck up - it's not so bad! If we can get a lucky protection or a blessing, we're right back ahead of the game.

Gotta keep choppin' wood!

It ain't over til it's over!

Bricka bracka firecreacker, sis boom ba! Bugs Bunny, Bugs Bunny, rah rah RAH!

;)

Freudian Slit
10-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Jumping on the bandwagon.

vote CatInASuit

Still think that the third witch should've been the Maiden. Grumble grumble.

I'm going to be out later tonight celebrating a friend's birthday...might not have a chance to post again till later. Excelsior!

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Wanna know what my secret power is?

I'm Batman

Is that an admission of Vampirism, Shadow?

Hockey Monkey
10-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Hey, it's my birthday. Where are my presents?

HazelNutCoffee
10-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Sorry guys, I'm hosting a Halloween party today. And I'm a Zombie. (Well, Corpse Bride. Close enough.)

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-27-2007, 06:13 PM

What for you want? Brains? FOSs? I've got a spare eye of newt around here somewhere...

Happy Birthday, HM!

Hockey Monkey
10-27-2007, 06:25 PM
What for you want? Brains? FOSs? I've got a spare eye of newt around here somewhere...

Happy Birthday, HM!

I'll pass on the brains, thanks. Eye of Newt sounds good though. What kind of alcohol is in it? ;)

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-27-2007, 06:31 PM
I'll pass on the brains, thanks. Eye of Newt sounds good though. What kind of alcohol is in it? ;)

Funnily enough, there are several ways (http://www.bluecatsden.com/eyeofnewt.htm) to make that drink

dotchan
10-27-2007, 10:34 PM
So...what happened to Blaster Master sharing the contents of his magic bag?

*gives BM the hairy eyeball* :dubious:

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Good question. What happened to dotchan sharing the contents of her bag?

Freudian Slit
10-28-2007, 03:39 AM
It's your birthday, too? Dude, happy birthday! Um, I found this random bone in the cemetery...you want?

So there doesn't seem to be a lot of conversation. Seems like we know whom we're lynching. We just going to be drinking the rest of the day?

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-28-2007, 12:51 PM
'Fraid I can't open the bar right now. Too busy preparing for my titanic struggle of will and wizardy with Cat tonight. If you want to unlock it, however, there should be a skeleton key somewhere around here.

Har!

Freudian Slit
10-28-2007, 01:05 PM
'Fraid I can't open the bar right now. Too busy preparing for my titanic struggle of will and wizardy with Cat tonight. If you want to unlock it, however, there should be a skeleton key somewhere around here.

Har!
Guess we've some idea of who will be...HUNGover tonight!

::cue Crypt Keeper cackle::

Santo Rugger
10-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Drinking the rest of the Day? That reminds me of this time last Saturday! Homecoming is pretty much awesomeness.

dotchan
10-28-2007, 09:28 PM
First, a claim.

I'm the Vicar.

I can confirm sachertorte's assertion that the Vampires and Werewolves have the ability to curse. Fortunately, my power can cancel those curses before they take effect, so I've sent in Idle Thoughts as my bless target toDay. (Although if he DID self-juju, I won't know that my blessing has failed until toNight, and I have no clue what that would mean for his alignment.) Until the Necromancer dies, I will not reveal who else I have blessed. I want to keep him (or her) guessing.

I can also confirm Hockey Monkey as the Chief Detective. My secret power is that once per game, I may learn the total number of Vampires currently in the game, and as of the end of Day Four, there was one Vampire.

And now, analysis.

- Town Population: 11 -

Confirmed: 3 (Diomedes, Hockey Monkey, sachertorte)
Investigated as Town: 2 (Blaster Master, ShadowFacts)
Claimed Town: 2 (pygmy rugger, Freemason; dotchan, Vicar)
Unknown: 4

- Body Count -
Freemasons: 3 (? remain)
Cabal: 3 (? remain)
Witches: 1 (2 remain)
Wolf: 3 (2 remain, as per Hockey Monkey and sachertote's investigations)
Undead: 5 (the three zombies plus a Necromancer and a Vampire)

I think it's safe to assume at this point that a protection succeeded. Given the grim numbers presented in the thread, the scum would have no reason not to kill every Night if they had the ability. Diomedes, if you feel that it would help the town, please share what your coven did last Night.

Blaster vs. Story turned out to be scum vs. town in Aylum Lane, but town vs. town in Firefly, so this current Blaster vs. Santos Rugger thing doesn't really clear or implicate either of them. I do find it hard to refrain from metagaming Santos Rugger based on his previous playstyle, though. Blaster Master's not saying anything else about his role...I don't know yet. I can think of protown motivations.

Zoggie's little tiffs with Idle Thoughts...I dunno. Idle did present to be an excellent target for both town scrutiny and scum bullying. It's just that with Idle Thought's role confirmed, Zoggie looks a bit more suspicious.

DiggitCamara's Day 1 confusion over the roles and yesterDay's "huh?" (http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=9091462&postcount=1151) post suggests, at least, a somewhat disturbing lack of attention to the game.

HazelNutCoffee I don't have much of a read on yet, except for the final vote record: D1 - One And Only Wanderers (Cabal), D2 - Idle Thoughts (Witchdoctor), D3 - nesta (Cabal), D4 - Mhaye (Werewolf), D5 - CatInASuit (Undead).

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-29-2007, 02:27 AM
First, a claim.

I'm the Vicar.

Anybody else thinks this claim smells a little fishy? Your role claim provides very little in the way of new information, and your secret role is a duplicate of Hockey's.

If you are telling the truth, however, and if your blessing will keep Idle from becoming a Vampire, the pendulum might have swung very quickly back to the town's side.Any counterclaims to dot's claim?

Hockey Monkey
10-29-2007, 09:46 AM
I've been contemplating it, and it does smell a little. My chief concern is the timing. Why in the world did you claim now Dot? The only new information is the Blessing of Idle Thoughts. I guess if Idle does not ressurrect, then Dotchan could be telling the truth, but if Idle self-juju'ed the blessing will fail. If that's the case, (as I think is highly likely), there is no way to verify this claim.

As for you verifying me...well that's just wierd. All you're saying is that there was one Vamp, and quite frankly you could have gotten that information from me. I don't see how you think that verifies me, and reeks a little of you trying to gain my trust.

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Maybe the mod can straighten this out for us:

Pleonast: If The Witchdoctor self-jujus, the Vampire converts him, and the Vicar blesses his corpse, what happens?

CatInASuit
10-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Maybe the mod can straighten this out for us:

Pleonast: If The Witchdoctor self-jujus, the Vampire converts him, and the Vicar blesses his corpse, what happens?
Diomedes - show some patience. You get to find out tonight :D

Hockey Monkey
10-29-2007, 10:09 AM
I was just updating my spreadsheet on status/claims, and if all the claims are to be believed and the investigations of Blaster Master and ShadowFacts were true Town and one is not the Omega Wolf, that leaves 3 blank spots.

HazelNutCoffee
DiggitCamara
Zoggie

We have 3 scum left to identify (If we have successfully eradicated the Cabal)
- the Alpha Wolf, Omega Wolf, and Vampire. HazelNutCoffee said earlier in the game that her role was one that a scum would claim. Dotchan's role claim smells even worse now because not only did it come out of nowhere, but it conveniently leaves 3 "unknowns" and 3 "scum". I'm not saying that I don't think these 3 aren't scum. I think at least one of them is. Just that it's another reason Dotchan could be scum and claiming now.

ShadowFacts
10-29-2007, 10:15 AM
I've been contemplating it, and it does smell a little. My chief concern is the timing. Why in the world did you claim now Dot? The only new information is the Blessing of Idle Thoughts. I guess if Idle does not ressurrect, then Dotchan could be telling the truth, but if Idle self-juju'ed the blessing will fail. If that's the case, (as I think is highly likely), there is no way to verify this claim.

As for you verifying me...well that's just wierd. All you're saying is that there was one Vamp, and quite frankly you could have gotten that information from me. I don't see how you think that verifies me, and reeks a little of you trying to gain my trust.

I agree with all of this (and I'm not just trying to gain your trust). ;)

There is no reason I can think of for this claim right now, except to throw doubt on sachertorte's read on Idle's curse. Extremely suspicious.

Pleonast
10-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Pleonast: If The Witchdoctor self-jujus, the Vampire converts him, and the Vicar blesses his corpse, what happens?Witchdoctors, Vampires, and Vicars already have this information. Ask them. ::evil grin::

Edit: preview disables the sig. :p

Santo Rugger
10-29-2007, 10:29 AM
I don't understand how dotchan can verify Hockey's claim, when, and I've said this before, the only information Hockey gave us that we can verify was that MHaye was a wolf, which both of them could have been by being wolves.

Santo Rugger
10-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Witchdoctors, Vampires, and Vicars already have this information. Ask them. ::evil grin::

FoS dotchan

sachertorte
10-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Fortunately, my power can cancel those curses before they take effect, so I've sent in Idle Thoughts as my bless target toDay.
I don't believe the dotchan claim. Her statement completely contradicts what I know about curses and the fate of Idle Thoughts.

Idle Thoughts has been cursed. Past Tense. It has already happened.
Idle Thoughts will rise again as a Vampire. Will, not may, will.

We really need a vig. Our lynch list is so friggin' long. I don't want to have to wait three weeks to lynch dotchan. FOS dotchan

dotchan
10-29-2007, 11:21 AM
I claimed toDay because I didn't think you guys would believe me toMorrow, either.

Can my blessing cancel a curse made the Night before?Yes! That is one of your Secret Powers. If you bless a cursed Player before they rise again, the curse is canceled.

So, what does happen if I bless a self-jujuing Witchdoctor who has been cursed by a Vampire?You know that your blessing will break a Vampire's curse (Werewolf's curse also). You know that your blessing fails on someone enchanted by a Witchdoctor.

The third piece, you don't know: what happens when a Vampire curses someone enchanted by a Witchdoctor. You'll have to ask a Witchdoctor or Vampire.

Have fun!

Pleonast is so mean, MEAN! *shakes fist*

Hockey Monkey
10-29-2007, 11:25 AM
So Idle is going to come back to life, say Dotchan broke the curse and he's not a Vampire now. Great. :rolleyes:

ShadowFacts
10-29-2007, 11:28 AM
So Idle is going to come back to life, say Dotchan broke the curse and he's not a Vampire now. Great. :rolleyes:

Pretty frickin' convenient, eh?

Santo Rugger
10-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Witchdoctors, Vampires, and Vicars already have this information. Ask them. ::evil grin::

You know that your blessing will break a Vampire's curse (Werewolf's curse also). You know that your blessing fails on someone enchanted by a Witchdoctor.

The third piece, you don't know: what happens when a Vampire curses someone enchanted by a Witchdoctor. You'll have to ask a Witchdoctor or Vampire.

Have fun!

Bolding mine. One of these things is not like the other.

HazelNutCoffee
10-29-2007, 11:43 AM
So, we'll never be able to be SURE about Idle Thoughts, since only he and the Vampire know for sure what happens when a Vampire curse collides with a Witchdoctor's juju. Unless he identifies the Vampire, I guess, which would suggest strongly that he's still Town, but that would take time to confirm, and now the Witches can't investigate and protect at the same time. Hm.

I suppose I should make a role-claim today. I'm at work now, but I'll post something later this evening.

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Yes! That is one of your Secret Powers. If you bless a cursed Player before they rise again, the curse is canceled.

Pleonast is so mean, MEAN! *shakes fist*

I hate to metagame the mod's posting style, but has anyone else seen Pleonast include exclamation marks in his posts, especially those related to rules queries. For all of the rules responses I've seen, he's been very clipped in his answers.

Just sayin'...

Hockey Monkey
10-29-2007, 12:01 PM
I don't feel like there is any need for further role claims today. We have our lynch candidate and I for one would not like to give the scum any more information than they already have to work with for toNight. Unless, you are scum, of course, then by all means speak up.

CatInASuit
10-29-2007, 12:05 PM
I don't feel like there is any need for further role claims today. We have our lynch candidate and I for one would not like to give the scum any more information than they already have to work with for toNight. Unless, you are scum, of course, then by all means speak up.

Is that my queue for saying something Eeeeeeeeevil!!! :p

Hey, if you want to jump someone to the front of the lynch line ahead of me, be my guest.

ShadowFacts
10-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Bolding mine. One of these things is not like the other.

Good eye, SR.

DiggitCamara
10-29-2007, 12:13 PM
I can't really agree on that one. If Blaster Master is who I think he is, his information could be important.

sachertorte
10-29-2007, 01:35 PM
So, we'll never be able to be SURE about Idle Thoughts, since only he and the Vampire know for sure what happens when a Vampire curse collides with a Witchdoctor's juju.
While I didn't know what happens when curse and enchanment collide, I DO know what the result of last night is: Idle Thoughts is a vampire. Pleonast's PM to me is quite clear in that regard.

Hockey Monkey
10-29-2007, 01:50 PM
I can't really agree on that one. If Blaster Master is who I think he is, his information could be important.

If Blaster Master feels that he needs to come forward with any information, that is his decision.

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-29-2007, 01:50 PM
While I didn't know what happens when curse and enchanment collide, I DO know what the result of last night is: Idle Thoughts is a vampire. Pleonast's PM to me is quite clear in that regard.

The only possible confusion with that is that the Vicar's power is a day power. If dotchan is telling the truth (which I don't have any reason to believe right now), then her blessing won't happen until dusk. Idle will be a vampire until then.

Unless his juju kills the blessing, and the curse takes hold anyways. Oy vey.

Blaster Master
10-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Everyone... my apologies, but I'm experiencing a rather serious personal crisis. I'm unsure if I'll be able to continue the game. I'll try to let you all know if I'm able to continue or not before the Day ends.

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Everyone... my apologies, but I'm experiencing a rather serious personal crisis. I'm unsure if I'll be able to continue the game. I'll try to let you all know if I'm able to continue or not before the Day ends.

I hope everything turns out okay for you, BlaM.

Santo Rugger
10-29-2007, 02:16 PM
I hope everything turns out okay for you, BlaM.

Whoah, me too!

Freudian Slit
10-29-2007, 02:19 PM
About dotchan's role claim, it seems suspicious. Aren't you afraid of getting killed off now? There are going to be two vampires out there (two, if your power doesn't work, I mean). And there's no Witch Doctor anymore, and we don't know if there ever was a Warlock.

ShadowFacts
10-29-2007, 02:19 PM
The only possible confusion with that is that the Vicar's power is a day power. If dotchan is telling the truth (which I don't have any reason to believe right now), then her blessing won't happen until dusk. Idle will be a vampire until then.

The more I think about it, the less inclined I am to believe it. The timing and circumstances are just sooo unlikely. Here is what I think happened:

CatInASuit, dead certain to get lynched, claims Necro with Bonus Death Threat to get himself another night.

During that night, our WitchDoctor gets killed and Cursed by the Vampire. (Fancy that!)

Why kill Idle out of all those other juicy Townies? The WitchDoctor is the role that can enchant a target and, if he gets lucky, bring that person back from the dead.

So, if sachertorte had not revealed the Curse, Idle would have come back toMorrow saying "Hey guys, I self ju-ju'd and now I'm confirmed Town. Lynch "

Happily for us, sach did not die and was able to examine Idle's body, revealing the Curse.

"Zoinks!" scum say, "Our plan is foiled!" (You would have gotten away with it if it weren't for that meddling Coroner).

[I]Unless, of course, there was some way to sow doubt about Idle's Curse and his return....

Freudian Slit
10-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Just saw Blaster's post. Sorry, I also hope everything goes well for you.

ShadowFacts
10-29-2007, 02:20 PM
NETA: Good luck, Blaster Master.

CatInASuit
10-29-2007, 02:24 PM

All the best Blaster Master. I hope things work out for you.

sachertorte
10-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Good luck Blaster Master.

I disagree.
If anything, a protective power might have been able to protect a player from a curse, prior to it happening. (i.e., protection would have had to have occurred last night before Idle Thoughts got cursed). Protecting from a curse after it has already happened doesn't make sense. Who would build a game mechanism like that?

I must also admit, that it makes little sense for an undead dotchan to speak out and bring attention to herself. I only know that dotchan's words directly conflict with the events as Pleonast has stated them: Idle Thoughts will rise again as a vampire. dotchan is completely contradicting what Pleonast has told me.

Hockey Monkey
10-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Blaster, I hope everything turns out OK for you.

ShadowFacts
10-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Good luck Blaster Master.
I disagree.
If anything, a protective power might have been able to protect a player from a curse, prior to it happening. (i.e., protection would have had to have occurred last night before Idle Thoughts got cursed). Protecting from a curse after it has already happened doesn't make sense. Who would build a game mechanism like that?

I think you're right about the protection. The other protective Roles work that way:

The WitchDoctor picks someone, and if they get killed that Night they will rise again
The Warlock, if there is one, works the same way
Witch protection works the same way
The Magician, if there is one, works the same way
Even the Vicar's known Bless power works this way

As far as I can see, there is no retroactive protection in any Role.

I must also admit, that it makes little sense for an undead dotchan to speak out and bring attention to herself. I only know that dotchan's words directly conflict with the events as Pleonast has stated them: Idle Thoughts will rise again as a vampire. dotchan is completely contradicting what Pleonast has told me.

See my post above about an undead dotchan's possible motive.

DiggitCamara
10-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Hey, don't worry about us, we'll be able to carry on, somehow. Good luck with your personal stuff!

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-29-2007, 03:11 PM
The WitchDoctor picks someone, and if they get killed that Night they will rise again
The Warlock, if there is one, works the same way
Witch protection works the same way
The Magician, if there is one, works the same way
Even the Vicar's known Bless power works this way

As far as I can see, there is no retroactive protection in any Role.

Actually, the Vicar's power works on the dead, unlike all the other roles. The only live player the Vicar can bless (and have it work) is the lynchee, whose death resolves at the same time as the blessing.

This is such a hugely gutsy play on dot's behalf if she is, in fact, the other undead.

Freudian Slit
10-29-2007, 03:13 PM
And the Magician, Warlock protection isn't that you'll rise again...it's that you won't die if you're blessed, but your killer will. (Unless it's the vampire, yeah yeah...)

ShadowFacts
10-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Actually, the Vicar's power works on the dead, unlike all the other roles. The only live player the Vicar can bless (and have it work) is the lynchee, whose death resolves at the same time as the blessing.

Yes, but it doesn't protect against death. It protects against zombification, and the Vicar must choose a target before that zombification, just like the others have to choose a protect target before the bad thing that they are protecting against.

Am I being clear?

ShadowFacts
10-29-2007, 03:23 PM
And the Magician, Warlock protection isn't that you'll rise again...it's that you won't die if you're blessed, but your killer will. (Unless it's the vampire, yeah yeah...)

See my post above. I'm not talking about the specific power/result, I'm talking about the timing.

Freudian Slit
10-29-2007, 03:32 PM
See my post above. I'm not talking about the specific power/result, I'm talking about the timing.
Sorry, you're right. Yes, the blessing must be before, as you point out.

I remember we had a similar discussion of timing with Idle Thoughts who believed he could bring back any corpse, when in fact, he could only bless someone before they died (meaning all the already dead corpses were off limits for him).

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Yes, but it doesn't protect against death. It protects against zombification, and the Vicar must choose a target before that zombification, just like the others have to choose a protect target before the bad thing that they are protecting against.

Am I being clear?

Crystal. Except Vampirification, technically, hasn't occurred yet. You may be right, perhaps not. I still lean toward dotchan (finally) = scum

ShadowFacts
10-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Crystal. Except Vampirification, technically, hasn't occurred yet. You may be right, perhaps not. I still lean toward dotchan (finally) = scum

I hope you didn't take my argument in support of dotchan's Vicar claim! I am arguing exactly the opposite.

And in terms of "Vamprification" :) , sach says this in post 1527:

Idle Thoughts is now a Vampire.

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-29-2007, 04:47 PM
I hope you didn't take my argument in support of dotchan's Vicar claim! I am arguing exactly the opposite.

I wasn't trying to accuse you of supporting ot. I was, in fact, trying to distance myself from any sort of defense of dot, I was just trying to find the rationale behind her statement, if she is the Vicar.
Just one more thing: I think the Vicar is one of those power roles necessary to balance out the Undead. If we don't have another claim, it does make my belief in dot rise significantly.

dotchan
10-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks!

You are replacing MadTheSwine. I'll announce in the game thread in a minute.

Your Role PM is:

17. Vicar (Franciscan) - MadTheSwine - dotchan

You are a Vicar. Each Day you may bless one dead Player, including the Player to be lynched later that Day. Please PM or email your choice (either the name of the deceased Player or that you will bless the newly lynched) before the end of a each Day. The blessing will fail if the target is under the enchantment of the Witchdoctor. You are immune to attack by Vampires, but will not be aware of being targeted by one. (emphasis mine)

As a Vicar, you have this Secret knowledge: the evil curses of Vampires and Werewolves are infectious. Those killed by them may come back as one of the evil. Fortunately, your blessing will prevent the dead from rising again, if applied before the curse activates. You also have a Secret Power, as the Franciscan Vicar: once per game, you may learn the total number of Vampires currently in the game. You may use this Secret Power at any time and I will inform you of the result at the end of the current Day or Night.

I reasoned thus:
*If Idle doesn't come back toMorrow, then he didn't self-protect and my blessing on him worked, and people would be more inclined to believe me if I announced my blessing target ahead of time.
*If Idle did self-protect, I would get the PM that my blessing failed, and until sachertorte clarified his investigation results I was assuming that Idle would come back as Town and resume his role as Witchdoctor.
*If CatInASuit does turn up Necromancer, then my role becomes less crucial to the Town, but the information about the Werewolf and Vampire curses needed to be made public.
*The scum can play WIFOM with my claim. Does the Vampire(s) want to risk wasting a kill on me to test it? Do the Werewolves wait to see if they can push my bandwagon during the Day or try take out someone who can potentially annul their curse? Do the Cabal, if any still remain, try to block me instead of another power role?

sachertorte
10-29-2007, 05:15 PM
I reasoned thus:
*If Idle doesn't come back toMorrow, then he didn't self-protect and my blessing on him worked, and people would be more inclined to believe me if I announced my blessing target ahead of time.
I agree. If Idle Thoughts stays dead, then joyousness! One less scum that we need to lynch. Idle Thoughts staying dead would confirm dotchan in my view.
*If Idle did self-protect, I would get the PM that my blessing failed, and until sachertorte clarified his investigation results I was assuming that Idle would come back as Town and resume his role as Witchdoctor.
Idle Thoughts is not coming back as Witchdoctor. Either he stays dead, or he comes back as a Vampire.
*If CatInASuit does turn up Necromancer, then my role becomes less crucial to the Town, but the information about the Werewolf and Vampire curses needed to be made public.
You are correct that blessing is no longer needed once the Necromancer is dead. But your assertion that you needed to make public the information about Werewolves and Vampires is puzzling. I made this information public on Day Two.

dotchan
10-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Idle Thoughts is not coming back as Witchdoctor. Either he stays dead, or he comes back as a Vampire.

Again, before you clarified that, I was assuming the best. I now know this is no longer the case.

You are correct that blessing is no longer needed once the Necromancer is dead. But your assertion that you needed to make public the information about Werewolves and Vampires is puzzling. I made this information public on Day Two.

I don't actually know whether the wolves can recruit or not, I just thought it might be a possibility so I presented the recruit information as a broad Vamp/Wolf thing. However, with Idle Thoughts (Witchdoctor) dead, the Town will know a wolf recruitment (or any other curse-thing) when it happens. Yay!

Part of my knowledge was that both wolves and vampires can curse. (That's why I found IT a bit suspicious for not having this information, but then again it's been proven that this game has a lot of privledged information.)

Freudian Slit
10-29-2007, 06:11 PM
So essentially, if Idle is already a vampire, then blessing him today is a wasted blessing. Unless Cat is telling the truth.

CatInASuit
10-30-2007, 02:00 AM
Good grief, this town is quiet.

I can't believe that I the acting to-be-lynched scum, am having to rescue this town from the near depths of Page 2.

One thing to remember, every side did have a 25% chance, so if you don't make it, don't worry, the odds were already stacked against you.
If in doubt, blame the Bastard Modtm :cool:

Cheer up all, every side still has a chance to win given a bit of luck.

::starts handing out pints(English of course) of Snakebite & Black to the remaining townies::

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-30-2007, 06:14 AM
Good grief, this town is quiet.

I can't believe that I the acting to-be-lynched scum, am having to rescue this town from the near depths of Page 2.

One thing to remember, every side did have a 25% chance, so if you don't make it, don't worry, the odds were already stacked against you.
If in doubt, blame the Bastard Modtm :cool:

Cheer up all, every side still has a chance to win given a bit of luck.

::starts handing out pints(English of course) of Snakebite & Black to the remaining townies::

On the one hand, we might have only had a 25% chance of winning this game. On the other hand, forces have conspired to make things much easier on us: three scum have died to night kills, and three more scum being identified in the first couple days really does mean that the town ought to win this one if they can win any of 'em.

HazelNutCoffee
10-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Okay, I know I said I'd make a claim, but someone made the point that role claims today aren't really necessary since we already have someone to lynch.

So is this how the Day is going to go? We all vote for CatInASuit and then sit back twiddling our thumbs?

vote CatInASuit

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-30-2007, 09:09 AM
Okay, I know I said I'd make a claim, but someone made the point that role claims today aren't really necessary since we already have someone to lynch.

So is this how the Day is going to go? We all vote for CatInASuit and then sit back twiddling our thumbs?

vote CatInASuit

At this point, all role claims are going to be highly suspect and not particularly useful. The lynches are going to be pretty much pre-set for today and tomorrow, so unless you have gamebreaking information to add, or some night-combo you need another role to perform, it's likely best to hold off a while on your claiming.

Unless you're the Vig. In which case, please step forward so that we may pelt you to death with rubber frogs.

sachertorte
10-30-2007, 09:21 AM
On the other hand, forces have conspired to make things much easier on us: three scum have died to night kills, and three more scum being identified in the first couple days really does mean that the town ought to win this one if they can win any of 'em.
Well, I thought along the same lines for quite a while. But with 10 scum, 3 nightkilled scum is not "lucky" but absolutlely necessary for the town to win. I would go so far as to say that we did not get enough scum killed in the night to win. 10 scum + 2 recruits and no Vigilante? Then we need 8-9 DAYS to lynch all the scum (And that's if we're perfect in lynching scum). Not possible. We needed scum to take out scum in greater numbers than that has happened (which is a very strange thing indeed).

ShadowFacts
10-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Well, I thought along the same lines for quite a while. But with 10 scum, 3 nightkilled scum is not "lucky" but absolutlely necessary for the town to win. I would go so far as to say that we did not get enough scum killed in the night to win. 10 scum + 2 recruits and no Vigilante? Then we need 8-9 DAYS to lynch all the scum (And that's if we're perfect in lynching scum). Not possible. We needed scum to take out scum in greater numbers than that has happened (which is a very strange thing indeed).

Don't count us out yet. We've got known scum to lynch and protective and investigative roles remaining, so we're still in the game. If we can get the Necromancer soon enough, we've got a decent shot.

Santo Rugger
10-30-2007, 12:35 PM
<snip>

Snakebite? I vaguely remember having one of those when I was in England last March. IIRC, it's half beer, half cider, and topped with pomegranate juice in the shape of an "S" on top of the foam?

CatInASuit
10-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Snakebite? I vaguely remember having one of those when I was in England last March. IIRC, it's half beer, half cider, and topped with pomegranate juice in the shape of an "S" on top of the foam?

SnakeBite is Half beer/Half cider. The Black is an extra dash of blackcurrent cordial.

Pomegranate juice is someone showing off. ;)

Freudian Slit
10-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Ooh. The end of toDay is ending on Halloween. Spooky! And, if anyone needs to go trick or treating, it'll be okay because all they'll be missing is a couple of drinks.

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Ooh. The end of toDay is ending on Halloween. Spooky! And, if anyone needs to go trick or treating, it'll be okay because all they'll be missing is a couple of drinks.

I drink while I trick or treat, thank you very much. :)

Santo Rugger
10-30-2007, 01:27 PM
I drink while I trick or treat, thank you very much. :)

Isn't that the point?

Santo Rugger
10-30-2007, 01:38 PM
SnakeBite is Half beer/Half cider. The Black is an extra dash of blackcurrent cordial.

Pomegranate juice is someone showing off. ;)

Ahh, blackcurrent cordial. I thought it was grenadine. An easy enough mistake, since I've never heard of blackcurrent before.

Freudian Slit
10-30-2007, 02:05 PM
So...anybody going as a zombie for Halloween this year?

Hockey Monkey
10-30-2007, 02:17 PM
I would like to take this opportunity of a lull in the game to suggest that the Wolves use their no-kill option until the Vampires are lynched. There are obvious benefits to this plan for both sides. Let's take out the Vamps and have a Wolf/Town Showdown!

CatInASuit
10-30-2007, 03:11 PM
I would like to take this opportunity of a lull in the game to suggest that the Wolves use their no-kill option until the Vampires are lynched. There are obvious benefits to this plan for both sides. Let's take out the Vamps and have a Wolf/Town Showdown!

And if the wolves would like to exercise their no-kill tonight allowing the witches a free night to find a wolf in the unknown pool, then they deserve everything they get. ;)

Think of it this way. If you kill tonight, Hockey Monkey will have to choose which kill to analyse and the Witches have to protect her for at least one night in order for her to report.

This means you will get a shot at turning the witches vanilla, if you night kill.

ShadowFacts
10-30-2007, 03:15 PM
And if the wolves would like to exercise their no-kill tonight allowing the witches a free night to find a wolf in the unknown pool, then they deserve everything they get. ;)

Think of it this way. If you kill tonight, Hockey Monkey will have to choose which kill to analyse and the Witches have to protect her for at least one night in order for her to report.

This means you will get a shot at turning the witches vanilla, if you night kill.

You don't seriously expect the wolves to listen to anything you say, do you? Haven't you seen Underworld??!?

:cool:

DiggitCamara
10-30-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't know. Hopefully one will flash me the sign today. That's why I chose to put myself out in the open when I found out two were gone. I didn't want to put the town in the position of not being able to confirm the last one or two of us.
I've been reviewing this Day's events, and my guess is that we are in agreement that there were (quite probably) four freemasons at the onset of this game. However, none of the (now dead) freemasons was able to disclose their "secret power" (tm).

Do you have a "secret power" that could help to confirm you? Because it seems certain by now that no one can confirm you.

Failing that: did you manage to detect any of your fellow masons? Did any of them attempt to shake hands with you?

Freudian Slit
10-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Being a freemason when the others have been killed off is a good role claim. Then again, do we really know how many there are?

Also, just realized. There are eleven people dead, and eleven people living. We're at the half way point. Okay, Idle will come back, making us twelve living, but Cat will be dead, making it eleven again. It makes you think. Wouldn't reality shows like "America's Next Top Model" be so much better if prospective models could get kicked off but then come back as zombies to attempt to feast on the flesh of Tyra Banks and her bitchy cohorts?

DiggitCamara
10-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Being a freemason when the others have been killed off is a good role claim. Then again, do we really know how many there are?

Also, just realized. There are eleven people dead, and eleven people living. We're at the half way point. Okay, Idle will come back, making us twelve living, but Cat will be dead, making it eleven again. It makes you think. Wouldn't reality shows like "America's Next Top Model" be so much better if prospective models could get kicked off but then come back as zombies to attempt to feast on the flesh of Tyra Banks and her bitchy cohorts?
Nah. Double Nah.

1. I'm pretty sure there weren't more than 4 freemasons around at the start
2. Didn't they try something like that on "who wants to be a superhero"?

Santo Rugger
10-30-2007, 08:54 PM
I've been reviewing this Day's events, and my guess is that we are in agreement that there were (quite probably) four freemasons at the onset of this game. However, none of the (now dead) freemasons was able to disclose their "secret power" (tm).

Do you have a "secret power" that could help to confirm you? Because it seems certain by now that no one can confirm you.

Failing that: did you manage to detect any of your fellow masons? Did any of them attempt to shake hands with you?

I have no "secret power" that would help confirm me.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to detect any fellow masons, and I have yet to see anybody show me the hand sign.

Being a freemason when the others have been killed off is a good role claim. Then again, do we really know how many there are?<snip>

That's why I chose to claim when I found out there were two gone, because I didn't know how many were left, and I didn't want to leave the floor open for a false claim.

DiggitCamara
10-30-2007, 09:37 PM
I have no "secret power" that would help confirm me.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to detect any fellow masons, and I have yet to see anybody show me the hand sign.

That's why I chose to claim when I found out there were two gone, because I didn't know how many were left, and I didn't want to leave the floor open for a false claim.
Well... I guess your claim is pretty insubstantial then, isn't it?

My guess would be that, unless by toMorrow you have some kind of handshake, we can completely rule out the existence of more than 4 freemasons.

Santo Rugger
10-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Well... I guess your claim is pretty insubstantial then, isn't it?

My guess would be that, unless by toMorrow you have some kind of handshake, we can completely rule out the existence of more than 4 freemasons.

I don't know how to respond to the first part of your post, but I don't see any reason why the hand sign wouldn't happen toDay, if there were any others left. Since I claimed yesterDay, I don't see any reason why a fellow mason wouldn't have already flashed me the sign toDay.

CatInASuit
10-31-2007, 05:56 AM
You know.

It is so tempting to vote for myself just to try and get a clean sweep of all the votes ;)

The only people not voting for me are Blaster Master and myself.

Ho Hum.

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-31-2007, 08:20 AM

So you were lying about your little death curse....

CatInASuit
10-31-2007, 08:42 AM
So you were lying about your little death curse....

Upset? :p

sachertorte
10-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to detect any fellow masons, and I have yet to see anybody show me the hand sign.Not even amrussell?

sachertorte
10-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Last day of the Day thoughts:

Case One: Idle Thoughts stays dead
- confirms dotchan as Vicar
- need to decide who to lynch

Case Two: Idle Thoughts rejoins the party
- Either dotchan and Idle Thoughts are both town or they are both scum
- my information strongly states that Idle Thoughts must be scum
- lynch Idle Thoughts
Case Two a: Idle Thoughts is a Vampire
- dotchan is scum too. Reasoning: I find it difficult to accept that the game mechanics would allow for two pro-town powers to combine to create a strongly anti-town result.
- lynch dotchan
Case Two b: Idle Thoughts is Town
- dotchan confirmed as Town
- sachertorte throws a hissyfit at Pleonast
- need to decide on a lynch

sachertorte
10-31-2007, 10:13 AM
Explanation of my Day Three vote for DiggitCamara.

As some of you may recall, I voted for DiggitCamara on Day Three (the Day Town lynched fluiddruid). I was rather confused by DiggitCamara's statements regarding One And Only Wanderers. DiggitCamara's misinterpretation of Pleonast's Intro text was explained to me (I finally got it), but I didn't move my vote.

The reason why I didn't move my vote is because DiggitCamara's misinterpretation precludes him from being the Scotman, Vigilante or Magician. Furthermore, I new that there were three dead Freemasons so I concluded that DiggitCamara wasn't a Freemason. Also I noticed that Rysto had voted for DiggitCamara on Day Two, putting DiggitCamara just one vote behind Drain Bead and very close to a last minute lynch. From that I concluded that DiggitCamara was not a witch. So I felt pretty good about voting for DiggitCamara that Day. I had no intention of outing Rysto as a Witch, so I just left my vote on someone I thought was slightly scummy, but more importantly I felt strongly was not a witch.
DiggitCamara will require additional scrutiny. I'm not willing to look into it now because I'm busy and lazy.

I post this here, because yet again, I think I'll be dead in the morning.

ShadowFacts
10-31-2007, 10:24 AM
I post this here, because yet again, I think I'll be dead in the morning.

Good night, Wesley. Good work. I'll most likely kill you in the morning. :)

I said it before and I'll say it again: any remaining protective roles should consider using some of that protection juju on sachertorte. I'm not telling you to use it, I'm not telling you who to use it on. I don't even know who has any secret protection powers left. I'm just saying that you should consider it.

My argument: sachertorte is our only reliable source for quick Role information. I believe if he had been killed last night and had not then revealed the Idle vampire curse, Town would already be doomed.

So, think about it, please.

Pleonast
10-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Doom!!!!!

CatInASuit
10-31-2007, 10:39 AM
As I don't think anything is really going to change over the next 5 1/2 hours, if you want to do an early dusk post, where Diomedes gets to personally nail my corpse to the wall of the bar for all the panic I've put him through.....

Be my guest. ;)

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-31-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm wearing your skin for the rest of this game, Cat.

Well done. :)

HazelNutCoffee
10-31-2007, 10:54 AM
Ewwww.

CatInASuit
10-31-2007, 10:59 AM

If Diomedes wants to wear catskin gloves for the rest of the game, who am I to stand in his way. ;)

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-31-2007, 11:02 AM
I was thinking more the whole pelt, slung over my shoulder like Heracles with the Nemean Lion.
And then you'll be CatOutOfASuit.

ShadowFacts
10-31-2007, 11:02 AM

Quick, someone call Jodie Foster!

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Quick, someone call Jodie Foster!

It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again!

HazelNutCoffee
10-31-2007, 11:20 AM
I really hope Cat is the Necromancer, because the thought of a skinned cat zombie walking around is too much for me. :eek:

Pleonast
10-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Since there's a Halloween party at lunch today and the vote seems wrapped up, I'll end the Day early. So you all can get to drinking and the Night folks to plotting.

Santo Rugger
10-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Not even amrussell?

No, not even amr. He claimed on the very last day of the Day, and I had already PMed Pleo. He didn't wake up in the Morning.

CatInASuit
10-31-2007, 12:13 PM
Well,

It's been fun playing games with you all. :D

Diomedes, I'll see you outside.

Pleonast
10-31-2007, 12:22 PM
The Town moved as one: CatInASuit must die, bomb or not. He was led up the gallows and the noose slipped around his neck. A nervous volunteer gingerly pulled the lever, and ...

In other news, the Town joyfully confirmed the furry status of MHaye, a Wolf, and fluiddruid, a Werewolf.

CatInASuit
10-31-2007, 12:24 PM
BOOM!!!

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-31-2007, 12:29 PM
::was totally hoping for a much more melodramatic end for Cat:: :(

Pleonast
10-31-2007, 12:29 PM
... CatInASuit twisted gently from side to side at the end of the rope. No explosions, no evil curses, just a slight breeze whistling past the yard arm.

CatInASuit is dead.

It is Night, enjoy it while you still can. :)

CatInASuit
10-31-2007, 12:30 PM
gotcha

DiggitCamara
10-31-2007, 12:38 PM
gotcha
Not me, you didn't.

Santo Rugger
10-31-2007, 12:41 PM
Wait, CatinaSuit was lying? I'm so surprised! :rolleyes:

ShadowFacts
10-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Bring on the booze, Dio, 'cause it's going to be a LOOOOOONG day toMorrow!

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Is it? I thought we were just going to string up Idle when he gets back... or are you referring to his inevitable plead for clemency?
Oh, lord. Idle's plea for clemency. This is going to be a long day.

Drinks are on the house, tonight! Everyone work your wrist muscles!

DiggitCamara
10-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Is it? I thought we were just going to string up Idle when he gets back... or are you referring to his inevitable plead for clemency?

C'mon. He promised not to use his large-size fonts anymore.

Freudian Slit
10-31-2007, 01:19 PM
Sweet! now, anyone have any orange and black drinks?

sachertorte
10-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Are you kidding? I've been not looking forward to Friday since last Friday :D

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Sweet! now, anyone have any orange and black drinks?

One Guinness/Citrus Listerine coming right up!

Hockey Monkey
10-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Dio, you are despicably evil.

(I like that quality in a man.)

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
10-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Nobody checked my qualifications for running this bar when I started. Or my qualifications for being on the Good side, either. ;)

And I guess I'll let the Vig drink here tonight, just because I ain't dead from explosion.

Vig's still a jerk, though.

Freudian Slit
10-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Sometimes I think my strict adherence to Halloween (only eating black and orange foods and the like) is going to get me in trouble.

DiggitCamara
10-31-2007, 09:08 PM
Any news about Blaster Master? I saw he signed up yesterday for the new Party thread, so I'm guessing he's all right again?

HazelNutCoffee
10-31-2007, 09:17 PM
One Guinness/Citrus Listerine coming right up!
Not Guinnesss. Jager!

Freudian Slit
10-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Any news about Blaster Master? I saw he signed up yesterday for the new Party thread, so I'm guessing he's all right again?
I noticed that, too. Haven't seen him around this thread, but I'm hoping this means that things are okay for him again.

dotchan
10-31-2007, 09:54 PM
Man, this is gonna be a looooooooooooong Night.

Cross-contaminating from the Firefly game...

I'll be in my bunk cell praying fervently.

Blaster Master
11-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Hi everyone... I'm terribly sorry about my absence from the game the last few days. I expect I should be able to continue at this point.

MHaye
11-01-2007, 10:01 AM
[Ghostly voice.]

That's good to hear, BlaM. Things wouldn't be the same without you.

Aroooo.

- Werewolf of London.

[/ghostly voice.]

(Sorry, I've been waiting to do that here since I read my role PM. Go Team Wolf!)

ShadowFacts
11-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Hi everyone... I'm terribly sorry about my absence from the game the last few days. I expect I should be able to continue at this point.

Good news - nice to have you back, BM!

mmmmmmmmmm, Listerine....

CatInASuit
11-01-2007, 12:39 PM

Good to see you back Blaster Master. Hope everything is ok.

DiggitCamara
11-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Well, all that matters is that you're all right now. Welcome back!

Rysto
11-01-2007, 12:57 PM
That's ok, Blaster. It was close but the Town managed to scrape up enough votes to lynch Cat without you. :p

Freudian Slit
11-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Cool, glad to hear it. :)

Freudian Slit
11-01-2007, 04:32 PM
It's getting awfully quiet in here. Just because it is night, doesn't mean we have to drink nonstop.

Let's eat! I've prepared a nice batch of...::pause, wait for it:: FINGER SANDWICHES!!!

And head cheese for the zombies.

Blaster Master
11-01-2007, 04:34 PM
FTR, I did decide to make a thread about what's been going on... if you're exceedingly bored, or curious... have at it: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?p=9134993#post9134993

Freudian Slit
11-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Sorry, man. I hope you're hanging in there and all that. It's hard to deal with this kind of pain.

dotchan
11-01-2007, 10:44 PM
A blessing, before we go into Day:

May the forces of darkness
get lost on their way to your house.

Forgot to post this on Halloween proper, but here's a Jill O'Lantern (http://www.dotchan.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=604) to light your way.

ShadowFacts
11-02-2007, 11:23 AM
It's almost a new Day and we're almost to the next page, so let's bump this thing over the top!

HazelNutCoffee
11-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Bump.

Only a few more hours to go. Maybe some of us are ALREADY DEAD. :: dun dun DUNNN ::

Santo Rugger
11-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Is it noon yet?

Freudian Slit
11-02-2007, 01:43 PM
No, it'll be noon at 3. (Er, three eastern.)

Santo Rugger
11-02-2007, 02:11 PM
No, it'll be noon at 3. (Er, three eastern.)

Are you going to turn this thread around if I ask again? ;)

Freudian Slit
11-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Are you going to turn this thread around if I ask again? ;)
No, I'm a hip, cool, permissive parent who likes to challenge my kids.

Also, I laced the gummi worms you're eating with baby Tylenol. :)

Santo Rugger
11-02-2007, 02:27 PM
No, I'm a hip, cool, permissive parent who likes to challenge my kids.

Also, I laced the gummi worms you're eating with baby Tylenol. :)

Nice, baby Tylenol, now with codeine. :D

Pleonast
11-02-2007, 03:00 PM
A small vigil gathered around Idle Thoughts' grave, the most recent in an ever-lengthening line. What would arise: a monstrous, cursed Idle, or the one everyone knew before? Or could they tell the difference? So they watched and shivered in the cold wind.

As the Dawn came, nothing had disturbed the soil. Idle Thoughts is truly dead. In fact, he was a loyal, if late, member of the Town, unlike the Cabalists nesta and Kat.

But not every grave was quiet. amrussell has been loosed from the till and now undoubtedly wanders the deep forest surrounding the Village. Another Zombie slave of the Necromancer.

And lest you think that all survived the Night: Hockey Monkey has been brutalized. She is dead.

So begins Day Six!

Hockey Monkey
11-02-2007, 03:05 PM
:( :mad: :(

I'll be watching intently. Go TOWN!

(Yay! Idle's really dead!.....I mean awwwwwww, Idle's really dead.) :D

Blaster Master
11-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Well, this looks like good news for Dot. In light of this, and what Sach said, I find her claim fairly believable.

Before we proceed any farther, I imagine Sach will reveal that Cat was the vampire, as we had only one death last night and he obviously did the recruiting of Idle, and only really the wolves would be interested in killing Hockey at this point.

Any thoughts on where to go? Hazel has been piquing my suspiciometer, but I can't substantiate why.

Either way, it looks like the number one focus right now is finding the necromancer.

Blaster Master
11-02-2007, 03:10 PM
You know... it just occurred to me... unless the witches know who the necromancer is, it's probably in their best interest to not reveal any other information.

At this point, the only night kills we'll have will come from the wolves, who probably chose against killing Dio because he had a high chance of being protected, and they can't go after the other witch, because that would mean reducing the unconfirmed pool.

Thoughts?

Blaster Master
11-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Okay... awaiting Sach to confirm, I'm kind of running that Hockey was detective and Cat was Vampire.

Based on the readings from the witches thus far, we know that I and Shadow cannot be the necromancer, because we were read as town, which means we're either pro-town or omega-wolf. Thus, the people who can't say they definitely aren't are the following:

06. HazelNutCoffee
08. DiggitCamara
17. dotchan
18. Zoggie

We have two days and at least one reading Tonight from the witches (maybe a second if they decided to read last Night). IOW, we can definitely search 3, and possibly 4 of these people through lynches/witches to locate the necromancer.

Now, because I think Dot is probably pretty believable at this point... I think we should mostly focus on the other four. What do you all think?

Santo Rugger
11-02-2007, 03:27 PM
<snip>

06. HazelNutCoffee
08. DiggitCamara
17. dotchan
18. Zoggie

<snip>
Now, because I think Dot is probably pretty believable at this point... I think we should mostly focus on the other four. What do you all think?

This is basically the same list/post I was preparing to make, except mine looked more like this:

06. HazelNutCoffee
08. DiggitCamara
18. Zoggie

Santo Rugger
11-02-2007, 03:29 PM
This is basically the same list/post I was preparing to make, except mine looked more like this:

06. HazelNutCoffee
08. DiggitCamara
18. Zoggie

The main thing I don't like about it is that it may force a witch to claim. :(

Blaster Master
11-02-2007, 03:29 PM
NETA: I think I need to clarify...

Between a lynch Today, a reading Tonight, and a lynch Tomorrow, we can definitely search at least 3 of the 5. If the Witches decided not to protect last Night, and read instead, we'd have a 4th.

If it's the latter, considering Dot largely confirmed, we'll have both the Necromancer dead, and at least the Alpha-Wolf at least located... the only downside would be if Dot is the Necromancer.

sachertorte
11-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Interesting.
I'm guessing the wolves decided to target Hockey Monkey until she finally died (failed two nights ago and succeeded last night), which is a pretty good plan considering killing anyone else would expose them to her investigations.

Not that you need me to tell you anything since the Night events pretty much explain all, but Hockey Monkey was indeed a Detective. And if the single kill and zombified amrussell didn't tip you off, CatInASuit was a Vampire.

Thankfully dotchan seems to be telling the truth. I can't see any other explanation why Idle Thoughts isn't defending himself from our pitchforks with 36 point font. Which is especially good since we need to take out the Necromancer ASAP.

So uh, our lynch list just got shorter
Not willing to lynch:
Diomedes
Santo Rugger
dotchan
Blaster Master
ShadowFacts
sachertorte

Willing to lynch:
DiggitCamara
HazelNutCoffee
Zoggie

Did I miss anyone?
And how many zombies are there? I think there are 4...

Current Status: 2 Wolf, 1 Necromancer, 6 Town/Cabal, 4 Zombies (8 - 5)
So we really need to get the Necromancer this lynch! If we fail and the Wolves take out Town at Night, then Undead win (6 - 6).

Santo Rugger
11-02-2007, 03:32 PM
<snip> the only downside would be if Dot is the Necromancer.

I don't see how that's possible, unless the Necro has a power that can undo its own and/or a vampire's curse, or if sach was somehow recruited.

I don't think the latter can be the case, because one tends to lose their previous powers on recruitment, and sach's read was good yesterDay. I think toDay's read is pretty obvious, as you say.

sachertorte
11-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Right now I believe both Santo Rugger's and dotchan's claims.

Santo Rugger's timing of his claim makes perfect sense for a Freemason to do. For scum to claim Freemason when only two were known to be dead, is really risky. Unless he figured out Hal was also a Freemason, I don't see how scum would risk claiming Freemason with only two revealed.

I believe dotchan because Idle Thoughts is still dead.

Blaster Master
11-02-2007, 03:38 PM
I don't see how that's possible, unless the Necro has a power that can undo its own and/or a vampire's curse, or if sach was somehow recruited.

I don't think the latter can be the case, because one tends to lose their previous powers on recruitment, and sach's read was good yesterDay. I think toDay's read is pretty obvious, as you say.

Agreed... on further reflection, that just doesn't make sense.

I also agree with Sach's list. In the event that the witches have special information about those three (like one is a witch, or one is town), maybe Dio should pick our first target? We can then demand a role-claim and run from there.

sachertorte
11-02-2007, 03:38 PM
The main thing I don't like about it is that it may force a witch to claim. :(
We can have Diomedes choose the lynch victim.

ShadowFacts
11-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Current Status: 2 Wolf, 1 Necromancer, 6 Town/Cabal, 4 Zombies (8 - 5)
So we really need to get the Necromancer this lynch! If we fail and the Wolves take out Town at Night, then Undead win (6 - 6).

I'm pretty much in agreement, except that with either a successful protection or a successful Vicar blessing, we could buy ourselves another Day if we fail to catch the Necro toDay.

Santo Rugger
11-02-2007, 03:42 PM
We can have Diomedes choose the lynch victim.

I thought about that. I'm not sure if I like it, but it may be out best option.

Blaster Master
11-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Bah... on further reflection, the only way to guarantee we'll get a believable reading from the witches tonight is to have the third witch come forth and Dio confirm him. Otherwise, if Dio dies without 100% believable crumbing, we can't believe the third witch, and after Tonight's reading, the witches usefulness drops dramatically, because we'll definitely have the alpha-wolf at least located... and after that, their investigations won't be useful, and their protects will be a complete crap-shoot.

sachertorte
11-02-2007, 03:44 PM
With the candidate pool for the third witch so small, it might make sense for the Witches to claim. Certainly not right this instant, but it is something we might want to consider and spend the weekend thinking about the pros and cons.
The way I see it, if we have Diomedes choose one of the three, then that leaves two, one of which is the 3rd witch. Not much cover for the witch.
Also, if Diomedes were to die, we have no way to confirm the third witch. Of course a false claim turns out to be an even exchange... hmmm, I need to think about this more.

Santo Rugger
11-02-2007, 03:46 PM
<snip>in the event that the witches have special information about those three (like one is a witch, or one is town), <snip>

I like this. That way, even if BlaM or SF happens to be the third witch, at least it would be narrowed to two people, it would still be at worst a coin flip if the scum try to find the last witch toNight.

Santo Rugger
11-02-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm pretty much in agreement, except that with either a successful protection or a successful Vicar blessing, we could buy ourselves another Day if we fail to catch the Necro toDay.

Or some wolf co-operation, now that the vampire is dead.

ShadowFacts
11-02-2007, 03:54 PM
I
Not willing to lynch:
Diomedes
Santo Rugger
dotchan
Blaster Master
ShadowFacts
sachertorte

Willing to lynch:
DiggitCamara
HazelNutCoffee
Zoggie

So, let's look at this list for a second. If Santo Rugger and dotchan are what they claim, and Blaster and I are what we've been investigated as, then the remaining 3 must be scum (2 wolves plus 1 Necro), right?

Obviously, there are a lot of IFs in that scenario, but still...

Blaster Master
11-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Or some wolf co-operation, now that the vampire is dead.

Well, that is true... the wolves know that if we fail to kill the necromancer today, which they won't know going into the Night, that if they kill town, they lose too, but if they kill who isn't a wolf and isn't (at least one of those three MUST the alpha wolf), then between the other two, they either have a 100% chance at the necromancer and save their chance of winning (which essentially rides on the omega-wolf at this point anyway) OR they get to flip a coin and decide whether the undead win, or saving their chance of winning. At this point, it's in their best interest to increase the pool of possible omegas anyway, so killing an unconfirmed townie won't really hurt them anyway.

sachertorte
11-02-2007, 03:58 PM
The list is in light of the fact that we need to lynch the Necromancer right now. Once the Necromancer is dead, I'll move ShadowFacts and Blaster Master onto the willing to lynch column.

sachertorte
11-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Problem with no claim: Once the potential witch pool is narrowed to two, it is highly likely that the Wolves know which one is the witch because the other is a Wolf!

Blaster Master
11-02-2007, 03:59 PM
So, let's look at this list for a second. If Santo Rugger and dotchan are what they claim, and Blaster and I are what we've been investigated as, then the remaining 3 must be scum (2 wolves plus 1 Necro), right?

Obviously, there are a lot of IFs in that scenario, but still...

Not true, you or I could, based on the witch investigation, be the omega-wolf. We do know that, for sure, two of those three are scum, giving credit to Rugger and Dot.

Blaster Master
11-02-2007, 04:06 PM
You know what... screw it... I've given it some thought, and it the positives outweight the negatives at this point.

I am the third Witch, and Dio will confirm this.

He lied about investigating me. That investigation was actually a pro-town result on Hockey Monkey, which is why I was willing to use my power to protect her.

I will not reveal what we did last Night at this time, as I will need more consideration to confirm that... however, in the meantime, I would like to see the role-claim that Hazel promised us and then was talked out of.

ShadowFacts
11-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Not true, you or I could, based on the witch investigation, be the omega-wolf. We do know that, for sure, two of those three are scum, giving credit to Rugger and Dot.

Please note that I said that IF we are Town, as we were investigated. Obviously, if you or I are the Omega Wolf or dotchan or Santo are lying, my scenario fails. Thus the ifs.

And on preview I see your claim, which to be frank is what I had been thinking since you revealed your secret protective powers.

sachertorte
11-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Aren't secrets cool?
I'm just sad that I've used all mine up.
I can't even be all mysterious about Roles anymore :(

ShadowFacts
11-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Aren't secrets cool?
I'm just sad that I've used all mine up.
I can't even be all mysterious about Roles anymore :(

I know. I feel like a douche now for giving out my Batman identity too early. :smack:

:D

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
11-02-2007, 04:25 PM
You know what... screw it... I've given it some thought, and it the positives outweight the negatives at this point.

I am the third Witch, and Dio will confirm this.

He lied about investigating me. That investigation was actually a pro-town result on Hockey Monkey, which is why I was willing to use my power to protect her.

I will not reveal what we did last Night at this time, as I will need more consideration to confirm that... however, in the meantime, I would like to see the role-claim that Hazel promised us and then was talked out of.

Who says I'm confirming anything you say, Blaster? You might still be the Omega!

Oh, wait. You're not. Sorry. ;)

Blaster's the Maiden. Zoggie can chill out now, I made up Child for my own devious reasons. My lynch list for tonight is a very small one, we need to kill the necromancer -today-. ShadowFacts, while still potentially an Omega Wolf, is right out. Blaster's correct in that we had a Town read on Hockey as well, but she's no longer in the running. We investigated last night, but I agree with Blaster that that information probably needs to stay under wraps until we get some claims. Everyone who hasn't claimed yet needs to do so -today-. The wolves right now are just as much in danger of losing this game as the town is, although I doubt they'll claim wolf at this point in order to help us out.

We can either hit one of my targets (and I think I've eliminated all but three of you from necro consideration), we can no-lynch (which buys us an extra day), we can no-lynch and hope that dotchan is who she says she is and can block zombification while the witches get another investigation (the wolves deciding to no-kill tonight would be necessary if dot doesn't manage to Bless correctly, if we took this strategy).

Hazel, Diggit, Zoggie, I'm looking at you three.

Blaster Master
11-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Hazel, Diggit, Zoggie, I'm looking at you three.

I fully agree. I think the next step is a full claim from those three. ShadowFacts may hold off, if he chooses, since he's not a lynch candidate today. However, if he may potentially be able to help us discern certain other roles, it may be advisable.

Santo Rugger
11-02-2007, 04:32 PM
<snip>I made up Child for my own devious reasons. <snip>

Game related, or funny? If funny, care to share?

HazelNutCoffee
11-02-2007, 04:46 PM
I was thinking "Child" was weird for a Witch title, since usually the Goddess is represented as Mother, Maiden, and Crone.

Well, looks like I'm not getting out of role-claiming today. There is something that I quite can't figure out yet - something that is not consistent with the knowledge of my role and what people are assuming about the remaining roles. I'd rather figure it out on my own and present it, rather than have you guys jump all over me and declare me scum because of the inconsistency. Bear with me.

Blaster Master
11-02-2007, 04:51 PM
I was thinking "Child" was weird for a Witch title, since usually the Goddess is represented as Mother, Maiden, and Crone.

Well, looks like I'm not getting out of role-claiming today. There is something that I quite can't figure out yet - something that is not consistent with the knowledge of my role and what people are assuming about the remaining roles. I'd rather figure it out on my own and present it, rather than have you guys jump all over me and declare me scum because of the inconsistency. Bear with me.

Take your time... your life depends on it. :p

Freudian Slit
11-02-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm role claiming, then. I'm a magician. I haven't been targeted yet, so I still have the chance to escape. I'd tell the Vig to try killing me tonight, but I'm afraid we don't have one of those.

ShadowFacts
11-02-2007, 05:25 PM
I fully agree. I think the next step is a full claim from those three. ShadowFacts may hold off, if he chooses, since he's not a lynch candidate today. However, if he may potentially be able to help us discern certain other roles, it may be advisable.

I will not be claiming toDay, as I feel that would be more harmful than helpful to the town.

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
11-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Game related, or funny? If funny, care to share?

A lady never reveals her secrets...

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
11-02-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm role claiming, then. I'm a magician. I haven't been targeted yet, so I still have the chance to escape. I'd tell the Vig to try killing me tonight, but I'm afraid we don't have one of those.

I hope we can get fuller role claims than this. Post your PM, tell us whom you targetted... give us something to believe!

HazelNutCoffee
11-02-2007, 06:24 PM
If the Vig targets you and ends up killing someone else, which one counts as the Vig kill? Either way, asking the (hypothetical) Vig to try targeting you is a risky business, particularly since we've run out of confirmed scum to kill - they could end up hitting a Townie, which would equal two Town deaths in the long run.

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
11-02-2007, 06:49 PM
If the Vig targets you and ends up killing someone else, which one counts as the Vig kill? Either way, asking the (hypothetical) Vig to try targeting you is a risky business, particularly since we've run out of confirmed scum to kill - they could end up hitting a Townie, which would equal two Town deaths in the long run.

Less chatter, more self-explanation from you. ;)

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
11-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Crikey, nothing other than the half-baked claim by Zoggie?

Hmm... magician, mason, or one of the unknowns....

Mamma always hated magic.

Vote: Zoggie

dotchan
11-03-2007, 10:32 AM
You guys already know this by now, but the board timed out last night (IRL), so...

You bless Idle Thoughts, the curse is broken.

*does a happy dance*

Yay. Unfortunately, CatInASuit was lying and the Necromancer still lives, so toNight I'll be playing Which Corpse to Bless. [sarasm] I'm going to have SO much fun thinking myself into a headache. [/sarcasm]

To organize my thoughts, here's a list:

- Confirmed Claims -
* Diomedes - Witch - Confirmed by knowledge that Rysto was a Witch (revealed as such by Sachertorte)
* Blaster Master - Witch - Confirmed by Diomedes
* dotchan - Vicar - Confirmed by a successful blessing of Idle Thoughts (revealed as under the Vampire's curse by Sachertorte)
* sachertorte - Corner - Confirmed by accurate role reveals of the dead

- Unconfirmed Claims -
* Santos Rugger - Freemason
* Zoggie - Magician

- No Claims -
* HazelNutCoffee
* DiggitCamara
* ShadowFacts (investigated as Town)

Currently my biggest suspicion rests on DiggitCamara based on his confusion Day One about the pro-Town roles, and a general tone that implies a cavalier attitude that is at the very least irresponsible.

Freudian Slit
11-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Sorry for the delay. Here's my PM.

18. Magician - Zoggie

You are a Magician. Each Night you may choose one other Player who will be killed instead of you, if you are attacked. If attacked, you and your would-be attacker will discover each others' Identities. You may only escape once. If your would-be attacker is a vampire, you will not discover their name.

You have a secret power. You know that werewolves and vampires may bless their victims.

Please PM, email me, or respond in the game thread http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...ad.php?t=436661 to confirm that you have received your Role and are ready to play. The game will start on Friday Sept 28 at noon, Pacific Time.

Here are the people that I wanted attacked if I were targeted:

First night:

Pygmy/Santos Rugger (totally random)

Second night:

Idle Thoughts (the witch doctor PM still seemed suspect)

Third Night

Diggit Camara (Back when he made that weird slip up, I suspected him)

Fourth Night

Shadow Facts (Another random one)

Fifth Night

Dotchan (The vicar claim seemed odd)

I'll be back this evening--going to a show this afternoon...have at it, all.

sachertorte
11-03-2007, 11:31 AM
I can sort of understand that Werewolves might be given the option of blessing their victim, but why the hell would a Vampire do the same?
Zoggie's PM looks weird to me.
Then again, dotchan's claim looked weird to me too.

However, I'm more inclined to believe Zoggie at this point over HazelNutCoffee (what's with the delay on the roleclaim?) and DiggitCamara (no roleclaim yet either). I feel this way because Scum have every reason to delay a roleclaim as much as possible to see what others have to say first.

Boozahol Squid, P.I.
11-03-2007, 11:35 AM
18. Magician - Zoggie

You are a Magician. Each Night you may choose one other Player who will be killed instead of you, if you are attacked. If attacked, you and your would-be attacker will discover each others' Identities. You may only escape once. If your would-be attacker is a vampire, you will not discover their name.

You have a secret power. You know that werewolves and vampires may bless their victims.

Please PM, email me, or respond in the game thread http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...ad.php?t=436661 to confirm that you have received your Role and are ready to play. The game will start on Friday Sept 28 at noon, Pacific Time.

Wow. I mean, just wow. Everyone else's posted PM had a subtype for their Role, yours doesn't. Everyone else's secret role makes sense as stemming from their role, yours doesn't. Everyone else's knowledge of werewolves and vampires refers to that power as a curse, not a blessing.

So you're lying. Unless you want to claim wolf, you're dead today, Zogs.

HazelNutCoffee
11-03-2007, 01:48 PM
06. Vigilante (Nightstalker) - HazelNutCoffee

You are the Vigilante. Each Night, you may kill any one Player, including Vampires. You must target yourself if the Player is later revealed to be on the Town Side. Choose wisely.

As the Nightstalker, you have a Secret Power: once per game, you have the ability to stalk your victim before making your kill, thus gaining information as to their Side (but not their Role). Stalking is also a Night action, so be sure to PM me your target early if you want to make sure you have enough time to receive the information and decide on a kill before the Night ends. Because your forte is killing and not gathering information, you will be unable to distinguish the Omega Wolf from a Town Role.
And before you guys jump all over me in regards to CatInASuit, I'll say right now I was blocked. I'm wondering if my "my role is something that scum would claim" comment tipped me off, but in any case, there is either a role with a Secret Power that involves blocking, or there is still a Cabal left amongst us. Which is completely possible assuming an unconfirmed Townie is actually the Omega.

I didn't roleclaim earlier because I didn't really see a need to. I have no secret information to share, and my role would have made me a Vampire target. We had too many Town power Roles and not enough protection to go around, so I made a judgement call and decided that laying low was the best option, despite your clamorings to reveal myself. :p

I already used my power, by the way. The Day nesta was ragging on me, I grew suspicious because - well, I know that I'm Town, and he just seemed so sure that I wasn't that I became convinced that he knew I was (if you get my drift). So I Stalked nesta and killed him that Night. I don't know what that means in regards to the Wolves. Either we accidentally picked the same target or they got blocked that Night.

And that's all I have to say. Oh, besides the fact that I think Zoggie is full of it.