PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here actually sleep with the sheets tucked in at the foot of the bed?

Anaamika
11-15-2007, 10:22 AM
I think you know what I mean, but when you go to hotels they have this. They take all the sheets and to "make" the bed they tuck the bottom under the mattress.

I for one always pull them out as soon as I go to bed. I have really hot feet, temperature-wise, and can't stand not being able to stick them out of the covers periodically.

I've always wondered, though - is that how you're supposed to sleep? With them tucked in? People have expressed surprise that I pull them out in the past.

Fir na tine
11-15-2007, 10:25 AM
You are obviously an uncivilized barbarian not too long out of your cave. The only proper way to sleep is with the sheets tucked in tight at the bottom and the sides. Preferably on your back with your arms and hands under the covers. And please don't thrash around. You should wake up in the morning in exactly the same position.

Hey, you asked!! ;)

delphica
11-15-2007, 10:25 AM
My goodness, yes.

It has nothing to do with my feet. I also hate hot feet at night, and usually stick my feet out from the side of the bed.

But having the sheets tucked in is a great way to keep all the bedding anchored. I am a bit of a restless sleeper, and if the sheets are not tucked they end up on the floor, and I wake up cold and confused in the middle of the night.

RealityChuck
11-15-2007, 10:29 AM
I'd sleep with them tucked in, but my wife insisted they not be. Then she complains that the sheets won't stay put. :rolleyes:

sandra_nz
11-15-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm so sheet-phobic I don't use them at all - we sleep under a duvet!

AHunter3
11-15-2007, 10:38 AM
It's the epicentre of a schism between me and the girlfriend I like to be totally tucked in, she rolls here eyes and says I've got a "hospital corners" fetish; she gets all claustrophobic unless her feet are "free" and the covers upon them loose-floating. Freaking weird.

Anne Neville
11-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Me. I can't stand it when the sheet doesn't reach the bottom of the bed, and my feet are directly in contact with the blankets.

I sometimes do stick one foot out the side of the blankets, though.

corkboard
11-15-2007, 10:43 AM
It never occurred to me that people didn't sleep with sheets tucked in at the end of the bed. I've done it this way my whole life, and as far as I know every woman I've shared a bed with has as well. I also stick my left foot out the side of the bed to keep my body temp regulated, but that's the side.

And people that sleep without sheets at all? Barbaric.

cantara
11-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Oh, good god, yes, tucked all the way around. I want to be pinned under the tight sheets.

As a kid my sheets would come untucked and I wouldn't bother to make the bed (hey, I was a kid!). When I got older, I realized that the wrinkly sheets made sleeping less comfortable than having a smooth surface to sleep on. Once I started tucking in, I have trouble sleeping with them loose.

Being able to slide around unencumbered by tangles of loose sheet is the only way to go.

Liberal
Hate it, hate it, hate it. Cannot stand tucked in sheets. Don't like MRI machines either.

Trisha McMillan
I'm not sure where this puts me but I sleep with the duvet tucked in to the bottom of the bed.

The boy is not impressed with this as he likes it to come right up to nearly over his head, but that's just weird.

FourPaws
11-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Count me in as another restless sleeper who keps 'em tucked in. Otherwise, the wifey steals em. I too, also stick my left foot outside of the covers (except in the winter).

Anaamika
11-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Oh, god. This would make me so claustrophobic. I couldn't stand it.

And yes, there are lots of times I sleep without sheets. I don't need a sheet in the winter, when I have a lovely warm comforter! Sheets just get in the way.

twickster
11-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Only half the year, when I use a sheet (and a cotton blanket), both of them tucked in as God intended. The rest of the year I'm under the free-floating duvet.

Flutterby
11-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Grandma taught me how to do hospital corners so I would sleep with them tucked in until they came out and I wouldn't tuck them in again until I changed the sheets. Now I don't really tuck them in though, I'm too lazy to do hospital corners most of the time.

It drives me BATTY when my sheet rises up so my feet are free from it but not the duvet. It doesn't bother me to sleep without sheets, but I can't be half and half, the difference in material is noticable enough to bother me when I try to sleep.

BetsQ
11-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Sheets must be tucked in at all times, and feet and hands must ALWAYS be covered by something, even if nothing else is.

I don't get the no sheet when you have a duvet thing. I like layers. Lots of layers. These days I sleep in long pjs and socks and I have sheets, a blanket, and a duvet on the bed. If I get cold, I'm liable to go and put a sweatshirt on, too. My internal furnace seems to turn off at night.

Anaamika
11-15-2007, 11:41 AM
You guys are killing me. I feel all hot and itchy just listening to the story. I had to take my shoes off. :rolleyes:

BetsQ, I find if I use layers, the layers come apart no matter what I do. I am a restless sleeper at best, or, I should clarify, I sleep soundly but I move a lot. Thus I think also is the reason for having the untucked sheets - it drives me BATTY when I can't move the sheets with me and I have that trapped feeling. So then I have the sheet going in one direction and the blanket going in another and more than likely one of them is wrapped around my head...you see where I'm going.

Asimovian
11-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Man...lots of uncivilized folk on this board! ;)

I cannot describe how uncomfortable it is for me to feel my feet exposed to the open air in any way when I'm trying to sleep. Sheets are meant to be tucked, dammit! I'll even tuck the comforter when I can get away with it. I am usually pretty OK with my wife stealing the sheets away from me, but if I lose the bottom of the sheets, I will wake her up if I have to because I *need* them back! Even if my feet are still covered by the comforter, I gotta have them under the sheets.

And the idea of sleeping with a comforter but no sheets is really, really weird to me.

Lightray
11-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Good Og, yes, the sheets have to be tucked in! If they come untucked -- most often, for me, while at a hotel -- I wake up in the middle of the night with sheets, comforter, duvet, and everything else wrapped around my neck, and me half-frozen further south.

Tucking sheets in is especially important now, since I sleep on satin sheets. It's hard enough keeping the pillows from zipping off the bed for distant parts of the bedroom! If the sheets weren't tucked in, there's no telling where they'd end up, too.

Ravenman
11-15-2007, 12:05 PM
The bottom needs to be tucked. Otherwise there is no order and society crumbles. And sticking one foot out over the side is the proper way to regulate temperatures.

A duvet is also acceptable. But tucking in the bottom and sides? That's just for crazy people who need to be restrained, also indicating a crumbling of society.

Jayn_Newell
11-15-2007, 12:10 PM
I gave up on tucking in the sheets a while ago. I also move around a lot in my sleep, so they're coming out sooner rather than later. Not that I mind having the sheets tucked under, I'm just too lazy to be fixing them all the time.

corkboard
11-15-2007, 12:23 PM
For those of you that don't use sheets- do you wash your duvet cover regularly? I love climbing into bed every Sunday night with nice fresh newly-washed sheets, and I'd imagine without regular washing a duvet would become funky rather quickly. And that's just disgusting.

Amygdala
11-15-2007, 12:25 PM
I move around in my sleep, and I hate it when I take the sheets with me! I also hate it when my SO steals them. All parts of my body must be covered by the sheets at all times. So yes, I tuck them in at the foot of the bed, because it helps them stay put longer. As it is I usually wake up at least once to fix them, and have to recruit my SO to help, which he does not appreciate.

I always have to have something covering me, even in summer. I can't sleep otherwise.

Flutterby
11-15-2007, 12:36 PM
For those of you that don't use sheets- do you wash your duvet cover regularly? I love climbing into bed every Sunday night with nice fresh newly-washed sheets, and I'd imagine without regular washing a duvet would become funky rather quickly. And that's just disgusting.

I do regularly, whether I'm sleeping with sheets or not. That way the whooooole bed is nice and fresh.. *sighs*

Anaamika
11-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Yes. I probably don't wash it as often as you wash your sheets (once weekly is a lot for a comforter!) but I wash it once or twice a month.

But then I am the apparently disgusting girl who uses her towels for a week before washing, so :: shrug ::

OneCentStamp
11-15-2007, 12:40 PM
But then I am the apparently disgusting girl who uses her towels for a week before washing, so :: shrug :: :eek: Glad I missed that thread, if there was one.

;)

Ephemera
11-15-2007, 12:41 PM
When I actually make my bed, yes. There's plenty of times (like right now) that I don't even have anything on my bed and just sleep directly on the mattress, though.

Anaamika
11-15-2007, 12:42 PM
:eek: Glad I missed that thread, if there was one.

;)
You joke, but people said they wouldn't ever hug me because of it!

Wee Bairn
11-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Hate it- the first thing I do at a hotel is untuck the sheet.

Asimovian
11-15-2007, 12:50 PM
You joke, but people said they wouldn't ever hug me because of it!I remember that thread, but I don't remember seeing that commentary. Good grief. :rolleyes:

You're still weird for not tucking your sheets, though. ;)

Lunar Saltlick
11-15-2007, 12:51 PM
...It drives me BATTY when my sheet rises up so my feet are free from it but not the duvet....
This really struck a chord with me. I sleep hanging upside down from the ceiling in the closet.

Anaamika
11-15-2007, 12:53 PM
I remember that thread, but I don't remember seeing that commentary. Good grief. :rolleyes:

FTR, No one said "Anaamika I will never hug you aGAIN!" The quote was (paraphrased), "Ugh. People don't wash their towels every time they use them? I won't be hugging these people at Dopefests."

Drain Bead
11-15-2007, 01:11 PM
I don't use a top sheet at all, just a comforter. I hate the "trapped" feeling I get from having sheets.

Flutterby
11-15-2007, 01:12 PM
This really struck a chord with me. I sleep hanging upside down from the ceiling in the closet.

It's so comfy isn't it? I love to sleep that way.

Took forever to rig it so I wouldn't fall on my head when I drifted off though.

Ellen Cherry
11-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Wash towels every time you use them? Name of God. I've got enough laundry to do without adding five towels to the pile every damn day! And besides--you use them when you're clean! :confused: Towels go into the wash once a week.

Now, sheets? Yes, they must be tucked and tidy or, as Ravenman says, society crumbles. ;)

Zsofia
11-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Oh god, I can't imagine sleeping without the sheet tucked at the bottom. It would move all around! Your feet would worm their way out the bottom! You'd probably wake up all tangled up in the covers! Yeah, you're pretty much a barbarian. Sorry.

ETA - I also hate having the sheet come free and my feet touching the blankets, or anything different from the rest of me. Hate it. Murrrgh.

But my towels are getting kinda gross. I don't wash them every day. I, uh, sometimes don't wash them every week. Sometimes I just wash them either when I'm washing sheets or, uh, when they smell. I'm telling you this so you know who not to hug.

amarinth
11-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Absolutely. And the blankets. And (if there is one) the bedspread. It truly bothers me that comforters can't get tucked in. I also need socks on. And preferably multiple pillows on top of the foot of the bed to weigh everything down.

If not, my feet will be cold and I won't be able to sleep. I'll keep waking up thinking I'm about to freeze.

In a perfect world, both sides are also tucked in and I'm completely snug inside the bed, but that isn't a necessity. Snug is good.

Anaamika
11-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Growl!

(barbarian roar)

tremorviolet
11-15-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure where this puts me but I sleep with the duvet tucked in to the bottom of the bed.

Yeah, I tuck in the sheet, the light blanket, and the quilt; the duvet I just throw on top. (what? I get cold easy) If I'm too hot, I jus tstick a foot out the side liek other posters have mentioned. That way, to make the bed, I just pull everything up. I can't imagine having to remake the entire bed every day.

Anaamika
11-15-2007, 01:52 PM
That of course is only an issue if you make the bed! :)

(Yeah, I think making the bed is silly. We get very few guests, and even fewer of those see my bedroom.)

Bricker
11-15-2007, 01:55 PM
When you make the bed, how do you do it? No sheets tucked in then?

tremorviolet
11-15-2007, 01:55 PM
(Yeah, I think making the bed is silly. We get very few guests, and even fewer of those see my bedroom.)

Yeah, that was my opinion for years but the bed really does look so much nicer when it's made. I was finally convinced of this after watching way too many housemake-over/decluttering shows. A nicely made-up bed makes a huge difference in the amount of percieved clutter.

Speaker for the Dead
11-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Yes, and I'll get out of bed to re-tuck them if they come out during the night. I hate sleeping in a messy bed.

Anne Neville
11-15-2007, 01:58 PM
That of course is only an issue if you make the bed! :)

Our cats prefer our bed unmade. It gives them so many nice places to nest in the covers.

C3
11-15-2007, 01:59 PM
We have the sheets and a cotton blanket tucked in at the bottom. I had never even considered an alternative. Untucked seems too wild and crazy for me.

tremorviolet, we have sheets, cotton blanket, wool blanket, down comforter and a quilt on top. You'd think we lived in Siberia.

Anaamika
11-15-2007, 02:05 PM
In response to Bricker:

Ok. Let's make sure we're all on the same page first. On the bedframe, we have the boxspring and the mattress.
On the mattress is a cover sheet, yes? That is tucked in all the time - it's the fitted sheet.

On top of that, in the summer, are usually two separate sheets (we sleep better when we don't fight over the sheets).

In the winter, we usually remove the sheets and put the comforter on. So it's bed, bodies, comforter.

When I do make the bed:
Which is basically when a parental unit visits (never without warning) or friends that are allowed to casually go upstairs (also never without warning) or people who have never seen the place before (so we want to give them the tour) - I usually:
Fold the blanket away.
Put the sheets properly on the bed. But I realize now, I still don't tuck any damn thing in. Hmm.
Put on a lovely decorative spread which is big enough to cover flaws.

RUN WITH IT LIKE A WILD PERSON!

Velma
11-15-2007, 02:07 PM
It's hard to share a bed with someone with all the blankets untucked. Someone ends up getting them wrapped around themselves and the other person gets none. Are the majority of you who sleep untucked sleeping alone?

Our sheets are tucked in at the bottom, but not the sides. The duvet is tucked down by the footboard, but not under the mattress. We get high-quality sheets that feel very nice next to the skin, much better than the duvet by itself.

Anaamika
11-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Nope. But we sleep in a full-size bed, when we have sheets there are always two sheets, and when we use the comforter we have a KING size comforter so there's plenty of slack.

It can also work this way - he doesn't move at all, and I move a LOT. So he lays on his end of the blanket early (I know, I've seen this) and I usually only pull until I get no more slack.

Cervaise
11-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Not only do I tightly tuck the sheet at the end, I also stuff the end of the comforter down the end of the mattress and wedge it in place with pillows between the mattress and the footboard.

Then I duct tape myself to the bed.

It's only civilized.

StGermain
11-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Sheets tucked in at the bottom. In the winter I have 2-3 blankets and a down comforter and 3 cats on the bed. And I still sleep in socks and have a sock filled with rice that I microwave and put at the foot of the bed to keep my tootsies warm. And sometimes I'll heat the bed warmer and run that between the sheets right before I get in.

My towels are on a heated towel bar so they are warm and completely dry when I get out of the shower. I reuse my towels and wash them with my sheets.

StG

Vihaga
11-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Untucked. Even if I'm in a hotel, the first thing I do is dive into bed and kick the sheets free. Feeling pinned drives me crazy.

When I make the bed, the top sheet just drapes; I don't tuck it. I end up claiming most of the sheet during the night (I spin like a dervish), but my husband doesn't mind because he doesn't like to use a sheet anyway.

Der Trihs
11-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Tucked in. A draft at the bottom chills my legs, which can lead to rather painful muscle cramps that leave me disabled and very unhappy until they die down, and with a limp for much of the day.

Anaamika
11-15-2007, 02:45 PM
BTW, me trying to sleep in socks makes me want to murder someone. I never did like the jammies with the feet.

thirdwarning
11-15-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't have a choice because the waterbed sheets are all stitched together at the bottom, but I'd tuck them anyway. I need to be covered while I sleep. I tuck the covers in behind my back so there's no air coming in, and I keep one hand under my chin with the sheet and blanket clutched in it. My husband used to kick the covers out on his side of the bed, but he's learned to like them tucked in, I guess. He doesn't kick them out even in hotels anymore. And sometimes when we're snuggling before we turn over and go to sleep, he'll reach over and tuck the covers in behind me. Makes me feel warm all over.

My son used to sleep with just a comforter (or two) but it was just from pure laziness. He'd start with a sheet and then lose it somewhere along the line and go on from there.

OtakuLoki
11-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Okay, I'm the freak here.

I don't really like sleeping with my sheets tucked in.

Because my feet get too cold.

I pull the covers out, kick my feet up so that the covers then land under them as well above them, and then roll so that I am cocooned in them so that I'm wrapped up all around and the covers move with me as I roll and toss and thrash through the night.

ETA: But sleeping in socks just feels wierd.

Who, me? Neurotic? What makes you say that?

Cunctator
11-15-2007, 03:24 PM
I always have the sheets tucked in. To do otherwise just seems odd.

Nzinga, Seated
11-15-2007, 04:27 PM
But then I am the apparently disgusting girl who uses her towels for a week before washing, so :: shrug ::

Show me a person who thinks using towels for a week before washing is disgusting, and I will show you a hypocrite.

They are the very same people that have no problem shaking hands with any Tom, Dick and Harry that comes down the pike. They touch door knobs, eat out of the communal cookie jar at work, talk into phones and headsets used by others, etc, etc. All manners of 'filthy' activities, but then catch the vapors if any one dares to use their bathtowel twice. Silly.

susan_foster
11-15-2007, 05:02 PM
All sheets tucked in at the bottom. Sleep on stomach. Comforter over head. Cat settled on butt (optional)

Susan

eleanorigby
11-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Where to start?

I do a modified hospital corner thingy: sheets tucked into the foot of the bed (but tucked NEATLY--they must be smooth and neat). I do a hospital corner on my husband's side of the bed, but don't do one on mine. I find I like to have my foot out (in summer at least).

BTW, no one mentioned it, but I use a top sheet, a blanket (also hospital cornered) and a comforter, and then a woolen afghan on top of that. Our room is the coldest one in the house(in winter only). But no matter the ambient temperature, I cannot sleep with socks on or those footie pajamas. Ack.

Oh, and I don't wash my towel after every bath. I bathe/shower daily. The towels get washed once a week. Get a grip, people.

Avarie537
11-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Hubby and I both prefer untucked sheets. My foot (or feet) pops out from under the bedding most nights, and he likes to scoot down so he can hang his feet off the edge of the bed. (He sleeps on his stomach and we don't have a footboard.) We always untuck sheets immediately in a hotel room.

StuffLikeThatThere
11-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Our sheets are always tucked in, just as God intended. But I'd still give you a hug, Anaamika. I believe everybody needs a hug once in a while. Even a complete and utter heathen.

In the interests of full disclosure, I don't even know how often I wash my towels. I throw them in whenever they need it. Certainly it's not after every use. Why would I create more work for myself?

whiterabbit
11-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Sheets and comforter tucked at end of bed. Sheets tucked partway up the sides, and if my current blankets were long enough to tuck they'd be getting tucked too. Otherwise the covers go everywhere and are messy. I don't like sleeping in socks or pants, so I need the blankets and whatnot to stay on top of me where they belong.

I don't understand you untucked people. You're weird.

fifty-six
11-15-2007, 08:16 PM
No tucking.

I don't even want them tuck when I make the bed. Wifey does though.

The only thing that gets me is when she sleeps in her cloths or we are cross crossed in the sheets. Where she in in one layer and I another.

Let the sheets go where they may.

TupeloHoney
11-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Always tucked in. I hate when the sheets get messed up. I do not move much when I'm sleeping so the sheets and blankets stay in place. I also have to make my bed in the morning or at least before I get into bed at night. I hate getting into an unmade bed.

danceswithcats
11-15-2007, 08:52 PM
But of course! Do you think I was raised by wolves? Sheet always tucked in, always with hospital corners. When the majority of your early bed-making experience comes from working in a hospital, it sticks. ;)

whiterabbit
11-15-2007, 08:55 PM
TupeloHoney, I've always assumed I was the only person that would make a bed just before getting into it, instead of making it in the morning. I do yank the covers up in the morning, but I neaten them properly right before I get into bed.

It drove me nuts when my ex-boyfriend would untuck the sheets on his side.

nonacetone
11-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Good Og! Don't you people know that if your feet hang out from under the sheets, the boogedy can grab 'em, and pull you out of bed, and then drag you off to his lair in hell, where you will be tortured for all eternity?! Maybe even eaten alive?!

Naw. I like my feet to be free, but I only tuck in one side, which would be my husband's side of the bed.
He likes the sheets tucked, I don't.

commasense
11-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Okay, I'm the freak here. No, no. Why would you say that?
I don't really like sleeping with my sheets tucked in.Me neither. Nothing unusual about that.
Because my feet get too cold. Mine too! Perfectly natural.
I pull the covers out, kick my feet up so that the covers then land under them as well above them...This is exactly what I do. I was pretty sure when I started reading this thread that I'd be the only one who did this. Nice to find a kindred spirit!

...and then roll so that I am cocooned in them so that I'm wrapped up all around and the covers move with me as I roll and toss and thrash through the night.Uhhhh..... Okay, you're a freak. :D

Astroboy14
11-15-2007, 10:05 PM
WTF??

No wonder it's taking so long to eradicate ignorance....

You people never heard of MONSTERS?

You cannot leave your feet hanging out! Monsters will grab you, drag you under the bed, and devour your spleen. This is such a well-established fact that I'm not even going to bother searching for a cite. It's fact.

The best strategy is to kick the sheets free of the matress and then employ another kick to firmly wrap them around your lower legs. This makes monsters unhappy, and they leave you alone to sleep peacefully.

Seroiusly! WTF? You people survived to adulthood??

Liberal
11-16-2007, 05:23 AM
You sheet tuckers must have tiny little feet. With no toes.

Malachi Throne
11-16-2007, 06:49 AM
Tucking is sheets is stupid, like you say. It gives the bed a certain look, kind of like a military cot. But in the military it may make sense, as often barracks are not well sealed, or even closed at all, so a wind gust would really mess up all loose blankets. But once you get in, you have to loosen the covers to fit your feet in.

GingerOfTheNorth
11-16-2007, 07:58 AM
I have big honkin' feet and so does my husband. I tuck. Hospital corners for sheets and blankets, and the duvet is tucked between the footboard and mattress, but not under the mattress.

Anne Neville
11-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Good Og! Don't you people know that if your feet hang out from under the sheets, the boogedy can grab 'em, and pull you out of bed, and then drag you off to his lair in hell, where you will be tortured for all eternity?! Maybe even eaten alive?!

You people never heard of MONSTERS?

You cannot leave your feet hanging out! Monsters will grab you, drag you under the bed, and devour your spleen.

I just don't cut my toenails very often. Tough toenails run in my dad's family. If the monsters or boogie men try to grab my foot, they will be stabbed by my toenails.

shiftless
11-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Okay, I'm the freak here.

I don't really like sleeping with my sheets tucked in.

Because my feet get too cold.

I pull the covers out, kick my feet up so that the covers then land under them as well above them, and then roll so that I am cocooned in them so that I'm wrapped up all around and the covers move with me as I roll and toss and thrash through the night.

ETA: But sleeping in socks just feels wierd.

Who, me? Neurotic? What makes you say that?

This is exactly the way I slept ..... until I got married. Of course, you can see the problem if two people are trying to work this plan. Besides, my wife is one of the "sheets must be tucked" people, so, my first task at night is to loosen the sheets so my feet can get out if necessary. Then the edges get tucked under as OtakuLoki describes. So no OtakuLoki, you're not neurotic. That's the right way to do it.

On the other hand, we have never been able to get our two sons to use topsheet. It's disgusting to me. They claim topsheets are useless.

flyboy
11-16-2007, 10:07 AM
I have big honkin' feet and so does my husband. I tuck. Hospital corners for sheets and blankets, and the duvet is tucked between the footboard and mattress, but not under the mattress.I don't get it. This is one of the reasons I hate hate hate tucked beds. My feet feel like they're being trapped, but it's my toes that take the brunt of the force, and it's very uncomfortable.

And I don't know why tucking people are using the word snug. Having loose sheets/blankets draped all around you and being able to curl up with them... that's snug.

Zsofia
11-16-2007, 10:21 AM
I don't get it. This is one of the reasons I hate hate hate tucked beds. My feet feel like they're being trapped, but it's my toes that take the brunt of the force, and it's very uncomfortable.

And I don't know why tucking people are using the word snug. Having loose sheets/blankets draped all around you and being able to curl up with them... that's snug.
Well, you don't keep them TUCKED, at least I don't. I keep them tucked in, but not tight around my feet. They stay where they are but they don't compress my tootsies or anything.

And also, yes, monsters.

Missy2U
11-16-2007, 10:55 AM

I do too have toes!! I know this because I just ran my chair over one of them and it hurts. Really bad.

Oh. Sheets. I'm a tucked in, straight (if they're striped sheets the stripes have to be straight for example) and even on both sides. Which very rarely happens because my husband sleeps like a gorilla on meth. Between the RLS, the snoring, the turning around, the snoring, the me rolling him over when he's snoring, his waking up when I roll him over, etc. ad nauseum, the bed is usually a mess by the time we wake up. I hate it. It's good he gets up early so then I can fix the bed and go back to sleep for a little bit longer.

chowder
11-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Our cats prefer our bed unmade. It gives them so many nice places to nest in the covers.
Your cats must be related to Eccles my cat.

What a fuss the bugger creates if the bed is all neat and tidy, takes him ages to mess it up to his satisfaction

gigi
11-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Our sheets are always tucked in, just as God intended. But I'd still give you a hug, Anaamika. I believe everybody needs a hug once in a while. Even a complete and utter heathen.Right, and no one will care that you wear this (http://store.pksafety.net/tycbrlevsuit.html) to the Dopefest. I would wash my towels every five days or so but it's so damp in my apartment that they never really dry so I have to swap them out more often.

As far as sheets, when I first make the bed I tuck in the foot end with hospital corners. But I am tall and fat and to pull them up around my neck takes all the length. I don't remake my bed again in any formal way so they stay untucked. I then will position them tucked under my feet.

"So that's one 'tuck', and one 'no-tuck'."

Omega Glory
11-16-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm a non-tucker. If the bed needs to look nice, I'll tuck in the sides and bottom, but will completely untuck my section of the bed before climbing in. Otherwise, I feel trapped. I do use a clean towel each time though, so it evens out.

cowgirl
11-16-2007, 11:53 AM
I've untucked for as long as I can remember. As a child I never understood the point of bedmaking, because every time I got in a bed that was made I had to spend a few minutes messing it up to perfection. My feet need to breathe.

Even if I started out in a made bed, I would dream about holding the covers by my face and kicking with my feet to get them untucked from the bottom, and then I would wake up, and you'll never guess what had happened.

If I fall asleep with socks on I remove them in my sleep too.

So when I first encountered the duvet (and what I was told was the European style of bed making, which amounts to folding up the duvet at the foot of the bed) I was delighted. Now I use only a duvet, with a cover made of two bedsheets sewn together, and it is still MUCH too hot for me so I spend half the night half out in the open anyway.

susan
11-16-2007, 12:03 PM
I prefer the sheet tucked in at the bottom, but leave a pocket for my feet rather than tuck it tightly. Otherwise my feet cramp in the night and I wake up suddenly in excruciating pain.

I'm a very restless sleeper but seem to move around under the bedding rather than dragging it with me. Or maybe the anchor cats keep the bedding in place.

Drunky Smurf
11-16-2007, 12:23 PM
99% of the time I only sleep under a sheet so I tuck them in only at the foot of the bed because I roll all over the bed when I sleep and if I don't tuck then the sheet ends up on the floor or all bunched up on one side of the bed and then I get cold.