PDA

View Full Version : Need a website to keep me posted on upcoming concerts

happywaffle
04-14-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm a pretty casual music fan, but have a few (dozen) artists that I'd love to catch any time they're passing through town. But because I'm so casual, I can't bring myself to scour the listings every week looking for a familiar name. And periodically checking the website of every artist also doesn't really fit my enthusiasm level.

Can you recommend a good site that will scope out listings for me? I'd like to punch in the names of artists I just can't miss, and let it notify me when one of them's passing through town.

ZipperJJ
04-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Go to www.pollstar.com and search for an artist.

Once you've found your artist, there's a link on the right-hand side of the page to request email notifications when the artist goes on tour or updates their schedule.

You can only have 10 notifications per email address, tho. Not sure if that will cut it for you or not...?

Also, if you have a Facebook account, you can use the iLike app to do something similar, I think (maybe not email you). I was just playing with the app the other day and noticed it had a lot of concert options.

Ephemera
04-14-2008, 08:46 PM
I get email notifications through iLike on facebook.

Cat Whisperer
04-14-2008, 09:47 PM
From a different perspective of seeing everything that's coming to town and picking and choosing what you like, I have Ticketmaster sending me emails about everything that's booked in my city. They are actually good for something other than just gouging us. ;)

Yookeroo
04-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Go to www.pollstar.com and search for an artist.

Once you've found your artist, there's a link on the right-hand side of the page to request email notifications when the artist goes on tour or updates their schedule.

You can only have 10 notifications per email address, tho. Not sure if that will cut it for you or not...?

And Pollstar is not always timely. I got notified of an Anoushka Shankar concert about a week before the show, long after tickets had sold out. :dubious: We managed to get tickets through eBay (she's great), but I can't say I was impressed with Pollstar (and 10 isn't nearly enough).

From a different perspective of seeing everything that's coming to town and picking and choosing what you like, I have Ticketmaster sending me emails about everything that's booked in my city. They are actually good for something other than just gouging us. ;)

They do this for individual artists too.