PDA

View Full Version : Did Women Really Go Bra-less in the 70s

iturntoyou
06-02-2008, 09:12 PM
I was reading a website and they made the mention that Bonnie Franklin (who played a liberated woman on One Day At A Time, used to go braless (is that how you spell it?) on the show.

I haven't really seen the show, it hasn't been rerun much so it's before my time. Did she? I also read that the actresses that played Jan and Marcia Brady used to try to get away with not wearing bras and Sherwood Schwartz would walk up and pat them on the back to make sure they had them on.

Now the early 70s were before my time and I was wondering did woman really go without bras or was it kind of a symbolic thing. You know do it to make a point then forget about it. I am not really well endowed but I need the support so I can't imagine bigger busted women going without them for long

OpalCat
06-02-2008, 09:15 PM
I have 34DD and I go without a bra all the time. I'm not wearing one today, in fact.

Leaffan
06-02-2008, 09:18 PM
I have 34DD and I go without a bra all the time. I'm not wearing one today, in fact.
So,................

How are YOU doing?

eleanorigby
06-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Back in college when I spent a summer on campus and it was the hottest summer on record for Iowa, I went braless quite a bit (these were pre-CoolMax days-the early 80s). I was a 34A in college. How I wish I still were. <sigh>

lieu
06-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Sure, some did but it was as much a political statement, a sign of new found freedom and rebellion, as anything else and therefore it gave up quite a bit of its sensuality. You've got to remember part of its inherent drama was that it was in direct contrast to a generation raised on The Sound of Music and The Donna Reed Show. All of a sudden you had Janice Joplin, Altamont and Gloria Steinham. It was great to see, you realized it was part of a much bigger thing, but to be honest when I see a woman going braless today I probably have a greater respect for her reasons, privacy and find it much more alluring than what was thrust to the forefront back in the 70s.

kunilou
06-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Yes, women really did go braless. Not every woman, of course, but a fair percentage.

Of course, in the early 70s (at least according to women I knew) bras were pretty uncomfortable. Later in the decade new designs and fabrics gradually came in that were (again, I have this only as second-hand information) more comfortable for more different types of builds.

Heck, here's a cite (pg. 188-9) (http://books.google.com/books?id=uB68a7pXe6MC&pg=PA190&lpg=PA190&dq=%22pencil+test%22+%22Ann+Landers%22&source=web&ots=8_Gglth7Ll&sig=0PDqlilqspOxu8ycnpcylYcvbA4&hl=en#PPA188,M1)

OpalCat
06-02-2008, 09:47 PM
I have always failed to see what the big deal is, unless you're wearing a white t-shirt or it's exceptionally cold. I mean if you have HUGE boobs, yeah I guess I could see it, but I just think bras are uncomfortable. Kind of like I take my shoes off the minute I get home, usually the bra comes off too. Sometimes it never goes on, depending on what shirt I'm wearing. Is it considered some big deal thing to not wear a bra? How is it sensual? I don't get it.

TV time
06-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Now the early 70s were before my time and I was wondering did woman really go without bras or was it kind of a symbolic thing. You know do it to make a point then forget about it. I am not really well endowed but I need the support so I can't imagine bigger busted women going without them for longYep, the late '60s and early '70s was a wonderful time for a young man to have gone to a liberal arts college with many, many emancipated, unrestrained and unencumbered young women. I have led a good life (sigh).

Slithy Tove
06-02-2008, 10:01 PM
I remember Ann Landers advocating the "pencil test:" a woman would put a #2 pencil inder her breast, and if it dropped, she had Ann Landers' permission to go braless.

She also scolded women by conjuring up images from National Geographic magazine, of native women with flaccid dugs juddering as they pounded corn with long pestles, a condition known as "Cooper's Droop," caused by insufficient support. Horrors, coeds! What frat boy would ever want to pin you then?

Terminus Est
06-02-2008, 10:14 PM
So,................

How are YOU doing?
Dude, you missed the perfect opportunity to say:
Hi, Opal!

Darryl Lict
06-02-2008, 10:17 PM
I was an adolescent during the early 70's and yes indeed, a lot of women did go braless. Even many who could've used some support.

Clothahump
06-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Did Women Really Go Bra-less in the 70s

Oh, yes. And the scenery was wonderful.

Shagnasty
06-02-2008, 10:25 PM
70's women were whores in general or so I have been told. I was a small child then but I remember copping a feel or two when some of the pretty ones picked me up to cuddle me believing that I was an innocent little thing. Those were definitely the good old days. Fashion supposedly comes in cycles and I would love to see this one undergo resurrection.

Marlitharn
06-02-2008, 11:03 PM
It was a little before my time (born in '73, so I definitely went through the 70s without a bra) but my husband, who is 18 years older than I, recalls seeing an aging Great Actress (he believes it was the fabulous Bette Davis) on Johnny Carson pooh-poohing all the hype about the braless 70s. She pointed out that in the 30s they went braless all the time, because of the way their clothes were designed.

Proof that no matter how liberated we think we are, Bette Davis did it first. Bless her.

kittenblue
06-02-2008, 11:12 PM
I spent a lot of time braless in the 70's and not as any political statement. I was a 32A back then and really didn't need one, bras were ugly, and I wore halter tops a lot. And there wasn't as much air conditioning back then. I did get reprimanded for going braless at work in 1980, though...I had a tube top on under a blouse..

SmartAleq
06-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Graduated high school in '76--didn't own a bra at the time and didn't bother buying one any time during the next 20-odd years, either. Still don't wear them too often. I don't have tig ol' biddies, though, so it's not like I'm poking people's eyes out every time I walk down the freezer aisle. The thing I thought was REALLY funny, though, was that during the '70's bras were being marketed that had fake nipples built into them so you could LOOK braless but still have the tit hammock security... I mean, really, what was the point? :p

iturntoyou
06-03-2008, 01:07 AM
I read Barbara Leaming's Bio of Bette Davis, she was talking about being liberated and Bette said basically she didn't desire it, it was thrown upon her as being a tough liberated woman becaue no other women of her day wanted it. They all wanted sexy roles, not the ones Bette got.

Asked about the casting couch Bette said "yeah it existed," then she was asked if she went that route, she said that there was a casting couch but "no one ever asked her to get on it." Davis also revealed she was a virgin when she married for the first time.

But back on topic, I still feel uncomfortable without the support but I guess if you're used to it you're used to it. Then again I see guys with pants half way down on their ass and they obviously have no support and don't mind :)

LouisB
06-03-2008, 03:33 AM
The 60s and 70s will always be the good old days for me for a lot of reasons; young ladies w/o bras are certainly one of them.

WormTheRed
06-03-2008, 04:16 AM
The 60s and 70s will always be the good old days for me for a lot of reasons; young ladies w/o bras are certainly one of them.

Damn, damn, damn... for being born to late.

singular1
06-03-2008, 07:00 AM
I got sent home from school in 1970 by the vice-principal Bertha Blau (what an appropriate name!). She was horrified that my 34Bs were unencumbered and dragged other teachers over to me in the hall, hissing "Look at her nipples! Look at her nipplesssss!" I went home and put on the rattiest vest I could find and dared her to send me home again. I was the president of the first all-school Student Union in our town and we had just successfully gotten the dress code overturned, so I had a personal stake in this fight. I'm pretty sure I was singled out because I had dared to go before the school board and fight for the right to wear the clothing she hated.

Harmonious Discord
06-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Yeh. Bra-less and hot pants. It was a good look if they weren't fat. Add in some kinky boots while your at it. Very early 70's.

Cub Mistress
06-03-2008, 08:06 AM
70's women were whores in general or so I have been told. I was a small child then but I remember copping a feel or two when some of the pretty ones picked me up to cuddle me believing that I was an innocent little thing. Those were definitely the good old days. Fashion supposedly comes in cycles and I would love to see this one undergo resurrection.

What do you mean by the statement "70's women were whores in general"?

Cicero
06-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Yes- they did. They looked sensational. Also catch a picture of Carly Simon on the album "Anticipation".

Giles
06-03-2008, 08:37 AM
I was at university in Australiaq in the mid 1960s, and saw some young women going about bra-less then -- usually those that had relatively small breasts. I suspect that there have been some women like that going bra-less at every period from the 1920s to now, partly because with some combinations of figure and clothing you really would not notice without getting really close to the woman in question.

Sunrazor
06-03-2008, 08:57 AM
My recollection is that the braless movement :) began as part of the feminist movement. Radical feminists claimed that bras were designed by men, not by women, and were thus a product and symbol of paternalist oppression. There were allegedly "bra-burning" demonstrations (I think I've seen one iconographic photo that has come to represent a trend that didn't really exist) that were inspired by the draft card burning demonstrations of a few years earlier. In burning their bras, women were symbolically throwing off the yoke of masculine oppression. I think most of them just decided they were more comfortable that way.

Zebra
06-03-2008, 09:21 AM
[sniff]

I miss Tube Tops.

Meyer6
06-03-2008, 10:17 AM
I have always failed to see what the big deal is, unless you're wearing a white t-shirt or it's exceptionally cold. I mean if you have HUGE boobs, yeah I guess I could see it, but I just think bras are uncomfortable. Kind of like I take my shoes off the minute I get home, usually the bra comes off too. Sometimes it never goes on, depending on what shirt I'm wearing. Is it considered some big deal thing to not wear a bra? How is it sensual? I don't get it.

You can usually tell if someone is braless if they have more than an A or B cup. I used to do it sometimes in my younger years (D-cups) and in photos I can always tell I wasn't wearing one and it embarasses me. After age 25 or so I just couldn't get away with it at all. Bigger boobs are not generally perky and when you walk, even at a sedate pace, they jump around like two piglets fighting in a sack. I'm guessing that's the big deal - I've got to admit it's pretty distracting.

Mama Tiger
06-03-2008, 10:23 AM
I went braless during much of high school, but I was about a 34A then. By college, when I got up to a B or so, it got pretty uncomfortable. Now I only go braless at home; I won't even walk out to the mailbox without either putting on a bra or covering up, since gravity has had its way with me -- and not because of my youthful indiscretions; alas, the passage of time does it all by itself. Few of my friends wore bras, either, but I didn't have any friends who were particularly endowed.

We didn't really do it to make a political statement, though; we just were more comfortable that way. We claimed the political statement, of course, but it was pure lip service.

Going braless was easier than wearing those micro-minis, though, I can tell you, especially with super-long hair. I remember in high school wearing a micro-mini with my nearly-long-enough-to-sit-on hair, and when I needed to get a drink out of a drinking fountain, I'd have to hold my hair back with one hand and my skirt down with the other and have a friend turn on the fountain for me. Good times, good times!

And I graduated in '71, to date myself.

OpalCat
06-03-2008, 10:24 AM
...but why do guys get all excited about it?

Giles
06-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Presumably because:
(1) You can visualise what's inside the top better;
(2) It's one less layer of clothing between you and first base;
(3) Hi Opal!

Death of Rats
06-03-2008, 10:36 AM

... boobies. That is pretty much all the reason we need. :D

Harmonious Discord
06-03-2008, 10:47 AM
I went braless during much of high school, but I was about a 34A then. By college, when I got up to a B or so, it got pretty uncomfortable. Now I only go braless at home; I won't even walk out to the mailbox without either putting on a bra or covering up, since gravity has had its way with me -- and not because of my youthful indiscretions; alas, the passage of time does it all by itself. Few of my friends wore bras, either, but I didn't have any friends who were particularly endowed.

We didn't really do it to make a political statement, though; we just were more comfortable that way. We claimed the political statement, of course, but it was pure lip service.

Going braless was easier than wearing those micro-minis, though, I can tell you, especially with super-long hair. I remember in high school wearing a micro-mini with my nearly-long-enough-to-sit-on hair, and when I needed to get a drink out of a drinking fountain, I'd have to hold my hair back with one hand and my skirt down with the other and have a friend turn on the fountain for me. Good times, good times!

I remember that drinking fountain pose in high school.

JThunder
06-03-2008, 11:05 AM

You were wearing a micro-mini? I imagine that you could have dated someone else instead.

OpalCat
06-03-2008, 11:24 AM
... boobies. That is pretty much all the reason we need. :D
Yeah, this is still something I've yet to comprehend about men. I mean intellectually I know it is true, I just can't understand why. To me, nude bodies are attractive (ok some of them) but not in an OMG GOTTA SEE *DROOL* kind of way. They can be seductive if they're posed in the right way, or moving in the right way (like dancing) but just the fact of a boobie being there = woohoo? Nope, doesn't compute.

The Great Sun Jester
06-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah, this is still something I've yet to comprehend about men. I mean intellectually I know it is true, I just can't understand why. To me, nude bodies are attractive (ok some of them) but not in an OMG GOTTA SEE *DROOL* kind of way. They can be seductive if they're posed in the right way, or moving in the right way (like dancing) but just the fact of a boobie being there = woohoo? Nope, doesn't compute.
Well, it's really not all that complicated. We could have a long discussion about the need for guys as ancestral environment hunters to have a well-developed visual imagination to predict the path and potential action of prey but ... * yawn * So let's just take it as a given that boys need only an image to feed the rest of a fantasy. That can be a suggestive picture in a skin mag or it can be a bra model in the Sears catalog (c'mon pre-internet guys, I need some back-up here!). Give us a glimpse of the real thing, even the suggestion of a glimpse of the real thing, and we're on our way. Yeah, we know you got boobies even when they're bound up, but when they're unleashed they move around more and are harder for our keen hunter eyes to ignore. And then the prime directive kicks in and we're all wood and drool again.

OpalCat
06-03-2008, 12:03 PM
I guess that my logical assumption would have been that bra=better because it makes the breasts look perkier and the right shape, while no bra sometimes means pendulous and blobby. Ignorance fought.

Sunspace
06-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Well, it's really not all that complicated. We could have a long discussion about the need for guys as ancestral environment hunters to have a well-developed visual imagination to predict the path and potential action of prey but ... * yawn * So let's just take it as a given that boys need only an image to feed the rest of a fantasy. That can be a suggestive picture in a skin mag or it can be a bra model in the Sears catalog (c'mon pre-internet guys, I need some back-up here!). Give us a glimpse of the real thing, even the suggestion of a glimpse of the real thing, and we're on our way. Yeah, we know you got boobies even when they're bound up, but when they're unleashed they move around more and are harder for our keen hunter eyes to ignore. And then the prime directive kicks in and we're all wood and drool again.So you're saying that we're hard-wired for this? :D

Giles
06-03-2008, 12:10 PM
I guess that my logical assumption would have been that bra=better because it makes the breasts look perkier and the right shape, while no bra sometimes means pendulous and blobby. Ignorance fought.
That depends on how much the breasts droop -- a certain amount of sag makes them look more natural and breast-like, while bra-supplied perkiness looks artificial. If we men just wanted that perky look, we could all just wear bras ourselves, but in reality it's what's inside that counts.

And I can see why women find it so hard to empathise, because there doesn't seem to ba any equivalent part of the male anatomy that provokes a similar reaction in women.

The Great Sun Jester
06-03-2008, 12:12 PM
So you're saying that we're hard-wired for this? :D
Wired with, like, German steel. Rocks. Hard, pulsing, wire simply throbbing with animal impulses ... is it getting warm in here?

ETA: Giles. The Cleaver Sleeve.

Baldwin
06-03-2008, 12:14 PM
70's women were whores in general or so I have been told.I think you forgot to preface this with: "I'd have to be an idiot to say:"

In answer to the OP: Yes, definitely. Not just in the early '70s. It was a big reason teenage boys (and their dads) were watching "Charlie's Angels".

Yllaria
06-03-2008, 12:23 PM
. . . You've got to remember part of its inherent drama was that it was in direct contrast to a generation raised on The Sound of Music and The Donna Reed Show. . .
Which translates to what I now think of as cone-head bras. Many had little or no elastic. So the choice in the seventies was torpedo-shaped chests or completely natural ones. And the difference between the two was very obvious.

Bra manufacturers responded with 'the natural look.' While I don't doubt that fake nipples could be part of the package, I never saw one like that. Usually 'natural' meant no cones, less material around the chest, more elastic, and better comfort.

Do they still sell the 'Cross Your Heart' bra? I can still hear the commercial slogan. "It lifts and separates."

OpalCat
06-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Several years ago there was a site that sold little silicone (I think) fake nipples you could put under your shirt to have that "hard nipple" look all the time. I parodied it on my webcam by putting, um, I think it was little pencil-eraser sized balls of tinfoil under my shirt in one frame (looked quite a lot like hard nipples) and then put a half dozen per breast in the next frame, with the caption, "if two is good, more is better" or something. It was funny at the time.

Freudian Slit
06-03-2008, 12:41 PM
But how can you always tell? My nipples are really, REALLY perky/defined and almost always hard, despite weather or sexual arousal, so it's not like wearing a bra really makes a difference there.

Anyway, I sometimes go braless and it doesn't really make a difference...if the breasts themselves are perky enough to look good without a bra, then is there really a point to wearing one?

Vinyl Turnip
06-03-2008, 12:41 PM
What do you mean by the statement "70's women were whores in general"?
I think he means that no one woman was a whore---but as a group, they were all filthy, wanton, degenerate sluts.

Silver Tyger
06-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Several years ago there was a site that sold little silicone (I think) fake nipples you could put under your shirt to have that "hard nipple" look all the time.

I'm pretty sure they still sell them. In fact, I believe when I worked for an adult webstore (which was not what I signed up to do, but was amusing nonetheless) we sold them. Which means little 20-year-old mean boxed them up and mailed them to me. I think we had them in two colors.

E. Thorp
06-03-2008, 12:45 PM
I think he means that no one woman was a whore---but as a group, they were all filthy, wanton, degenerate sluts.And as a group in my living room, they were more than welcome.

(Then again, I was 12 when the 70s ended. Almost ready for the Sears catalog.)

Vinyl Turnip
06-03-2008, 12:55 PM
In whose bra section, sadly, the women did not go braless.

silenus
06-03-2008, 12:59 PM
I think he means that no one woman was a whore---but as a group, they were all filthy, wanton, degenerate sluts.

For which those of us who came of age in the 70s are eternally grateful!

E. Thorp
06-03-2008, 01:11 PM
"It used to be that an unmarried woman was immoral if she said Yes; for a while it seemed she was a prude if she said No; nowadays, she is free not only to say yes or no as she intelligently decides, but to do the asking." --John Barth, The Friday Book (1984)

corkboard
06-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Yes- they did. They looked sensational. Also catch a picture of Carly Simon on the album "Anticipation".
I think you're thinking of "No Secrets (http://www.amazon.com/No-Secrets-Carly-Simon/dp/B000002I2V/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1212517363&sr=1-4)".

Yllaria
06-03-2008, 01:34 PM
But how can you always tell? My nipples are really, REALLY perky/defined and almost always hard, despite weather or sexual arousal, so it's not like wearing a bra really makes a difference there. . .
Oh, with the old bras, no nipple showed. You could have diamond hard nipples and the armor would mask it. Think Barbie dolls.

OpalCat
06-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Mine do it for no reason at all or because I'm cold. They don't do it when I'm turned on. However, as I wear stretchy lace bras, if they DO get hard, it shows even with a bra :/

Freudian Slit
06-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Oh, with the old bras, no nipple showed. You could have diamond hard nipples and the armor would mask it. Think Barbie dolls.
Do we have links to pictures of these old, scary bras?
Now that I think of it, everything back in the day was scary. Sanitary pads with the belts, girdles...

Cheez_Whia
06-03-2008, 03:04 PM
70's women were whores in general or so I have been told.

::Smacks Shagnasty with a large, wet trout::

Watch your mouth, sonny boy! :p

FairLadyinSoCal
04-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Having worn a bra most of my life since I went from a training bra in size 28AAA at the start of seventh grade to a 32B in four months, while my GPA went from A plus to B (just like it's said...your bra cup size and your GPA are usually in relation to each other) but I DID have fun in school! ;)
I NOW love going BRA-LESS and am soooooo happy that I can! Bras are so uncomfortable, especially those which are designed to support DD cups like mine. As an artist who works from my home studio, I feel so lucky that I don't have to work in a bank (or heaven forbid, a school) or other conservative workplace.
When I was in between marriages ten years ago and living in Beverly Hills, a producer of many successful TV shows whom I was seeing at that time, told me I was crazy to spend money on bras, even the gorgeou$ ones I bought at the boutique lingerie shops in Beverly Hills. (He had dated many beautiful actresses before meeting me so I trusted his judgement).
I am a woman who has ALWAYS felt sexy.... most of the time. I smile at the admiring attention I receive from classy attractive men my age and younger in stores, etc. My husband loves how I look with my girls boucing under my soft microfibre knit tops and THAT along with seeing my cute little ass cupped in my tight size 6 jeans, he is "ready for love" pretty often (and nothing is healthier than that, you know).
I am NOT interested in relations with men other than my own husband, but I can't help feeling "why not flaunt what the Good Lord blessed me with"? BTW I successfully breast fed my son many years ago and it didn't hurt how my breasts look at all. I also support breast cancer research in every way I can to help my sisters who are not as lucky as I've been.

TokyoBayer
04-05-2011, 12:17 PM
But do zombies wear bras?

CalMeacham
04-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Braaaaaa ----in ----sss

Ferret Herder
04-05-2011, 02:01 PM
First draft of a "Dear (Zombie) Penthouse" letter?

Annie-Xmas
04-05-2011, 02:03 PM
But do zombies wear bras?

Of course. They chafe on all that rotting flesh.

kenobi 65
04-05-2011, 02:36 PM
I think you're thinking of "No Secrets (http://www.amazon.com/No-Secrets-Carly-Simon/dp/B000002I2V/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1212517363&sr=1-4)".

Zombie or no, I'll be in my bunk.

johnpost
04-05-2011, 02:51 PM

So,................

How are YOU doing?

zombie or not shouldn't that be

how are they doing?

TreacherousCretin
04-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Yep, the late '60s and early '70s was a wonderful time for a young man to have gone to a liberal arts college with many, many emancipated, unrestrained and unencumbered young women. I have led a good life (sigh).

Agreed, although I saw it (them?) just as often pretty much everywhere. And yes, (sigh) those were the days.

Now these kids today blah blah blah...

Starving Artist
04-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Yeah, this is still something I've yet to comprehend about men. I mean intellectually I know it is true, I just can't understand why. To me, nude bodies are attractive (ok some of them) but not in an OMG GOTTA SEE *DROOL* kind of way. They can be seductive if they're posed in the right way, or moving in the right way (like dancing) but just the fact of a boobie being there = woohoo? Nope, doesn't compute. My husband loves how I look with my girls boucing under my soft microfibre knit tops...This.

The allure of the braless look to men is the knowledge that they're getting a very good idea of the natural shape and look of a woman's breasts, and then there's the jiggly quotient...which is a very appealing aspect of small-to-medium-sized perky breasts without a bra. As an example I would point to Victoria Cave (the redhead on the left) in this Steely Dan performance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylr2D4Pwn58), most notably at around 0:45, 1:20 and 3:45 in the video. The girl in the middle usually has an appealing braless look too, but with the dark top she's wearing in this performance you really can't tell. (Donald Fagen calls these girls the band's "bare midriff section". :D)

And yeah, even though it began as a political statement, the braless look eventually became commonplace and lost its political implication.

ratatoskK
04-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Braless then, braless now. Why even ask about it? Do all the young kids wear bras these days?

silenus
04-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Not only bra-d, but usually wearing multiple layers of clothing. The layered look may be the fashion, but it really interferes with the visuals out on the street.

Count Blucher
04-06-2011, 09:50 AM
70s? C'mon. Would Lynda Carter have deflected bullets without a bra? Really...?

Boyo Jim
04-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Not only were bra-less women wondering the streets, they were on TV. Charlie Angels were often inrestrained (http://www.museum.tv/eotvsection.php?entrycode=charliesang). In that link, you will also see the term "jiggle TV". Charlie's Angels was the beginning, but there were many to follow.

Fir na tine
04-06-2011, 09:36 PM
During the late 60's I was stationed on Okinawa. On weekends, we'd drive 30 miles to the large AF base. They had a large dependent housing area and a large Base Exchange (think minimall). We'd watch the American girls strut their stuff all day long! And they knew they had an audience too.

Love the jiggle factor.

KRC
04-06-2011, 09:46 PM
I never wear one and one day I put on a blouse and went around the hood on business. Nobody said anything but when I got home I looked down and saw that my blouse was transparent.

Possibly nobody said anything because my girls are roughly the size of mosquito bites.

Musicat
04-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Things come and go in cycles. My mother grew up in an era where most women didn't wear bras; they were only for the daring and libertine. In 1925, it was considered risqué to wear such provocative underwear, and they were frowned on by the more strict religious sects.

BigT
04-07-2011, 02:51 AM
Several years ago there was a site that sold little silicone (I think) fake nipples you could put under your shirt to have that "hard nipple" look all the time. I parodied it on my webcam by putting, um, I think it was little pencil-eraser sized balls of tinfoil under my shirt in one frame (looked quite a lot like hard nipples) and then put a half dozen per breast in the next frame, with the caption, "if two is good, more is better" or something. It was funny at the time.

That sounds like something I would have watched. I know it's a longshot, but you didn't happen to keep an archive, did you?

(I'm assuming there's no nudity involved, or I wouldn't be asking. I just think it would be hilarious.)

Princhester
04-07-2011, 03:24 AM
I am a woman who has ALWAYS felt sexy.... most of the time. I smile at the admiring attention I receive from classy attractive men my age and younger in stores, etc. My husband loves how I look with my girls boucing under my soft microfibre knit tops and THAT along with seeing my cute little ass cupped in my tight size 6 jeans, he is "ready for love" pretty often (and nothing is healthier than that, you know).

So who is prepared to bet against me that this post was typed:

1/ by a man

2/ one handed?

2square4u
04-07-2011, 05:48 AM
I just can't understand why. To me, nude bodies are attractive (ok some of them) but not in an OMG GOTTA SEE *DROOL* kind of way.

It's more in an "ooohhh.... shiny...." kind of way :cool:

Since it sort of feels natural to post "mmmm... memories" in a zombie thread, I just have to point out that the braless period stretched into the early 80s here in Scandianvia. Just in time for me to experience. Sleeveless T-shirts with large arm holes and no bra beneath frequently seen around town on sunny summer days, bikini tops the exception and not the rule on the beaches and not infrequently even in public parks, that was a great time a adolescent males, I tell ya! Much more alluring that that Internet porn thingy the kids have these days, this was sans silicone and all around IRL.

Musicat
04-07-2011, 06:53 AM
Since it sort of feels natural to post "mmmm... memories" in a zombie thread...But this one is "mmmm... mammaries."

Rushgeekgirl
04-07-2011, 11:00 AM

It isn't a big deal now but back then it was. Hell I got sent home from school in 1984 for not wearing "appropriate undergarments".

Rushgeekgirl
04-07-2011, 11:03 AM
This really is annoying. SD admin, either make it where people CAN'T post to old threads or let them just happen because I'm sick to death of posting in a thread and then seeing all the har har zombie cracks. Most people post replies to the OP, not the last couple of posts.

OpalCat
04-07-2011, 11:21 AM
That sounds like something I would have watched. I know it's a longshot, but you didn't happen to keep an archive, did you?

(I'm assuming there's no nudity involved, or I wouldn't be asking. I just think it would be hilarious.)

I did keep an archive for a while but I don't think I have the pics anymore. Sorry!

silenus
04-07-2011, 12:04 PM
This really is annoying. SD admin, either make it where people CAN'T post to old threads or let them just happen because I'm sick to death of posting in a thread and then seeing all the har har zombie cracks. Most people post replies to the OP, not the last couple of posts.

Actually, most people read the thread before replying. Or at least some people do. Ok, maybe a few do.

Doesn't really matter. If it jump-starts a whole new discussion, who cares? We've gotten a page of responses since this one was resurrected. Boobie threads can never get old.

running coach
04-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Actually, most people read the thread before replying. Or at least some people do. Ok, maybe a few do.

Doesn't really matter. If it jump-starts a whole new discussion, who cares? We've gotten a page of responses since this one was resurrected. Boobie threads can never get old.

Actually, they do get old. And less perky.

Rachellelogram
04-07-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm a 42D and I go bra-less every day (exceptions only made for job interviews. and maybe my own wedding). I'm only 26 so they're not fried eggs on a nail or anything like that, but I'm quite fat and nobody wants to see my girls flopping around. I don't pretend I'm doing it for increased sex appeal, though, it's purely a comfort decision. I always wear a tank top underneath a business top at work and it's never been a problem. I have tried every bra style known to humanity (in my size at least) and have never found one that I could tolerate for more than a few hours max. I just hate being restricted. I also hate wearing shirts with tight collars or choker necklaces, I feel like I'm going to choke to death. It's weirdly scary and triggering to feel like a prisoner of tight clothes. I like loose-fitting clothing in general :)

Nathan S
04-07-2011, 01:36 PM
I was in Budapest on a trip back in 1988, and was pleasantly surprised to find that local fashion, apparently, dictated that young women were not to wear bras. That's probably what I remember most about those couple of days. The rest is kind of a blur. :)