PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes technology is very very shit!

Lobsang
09-20-2008, 06:10 PM
It is 'technology' that has made it easy to automate a lot of things. It is technology that enables fuckwankers to spend about two minutes setting something up that will send the SAME FUCKING EMAIL to a couple of thousand people EVERY FUCKING DAY!

Er... I know I can set up rules if emails are 'the same'... but like most people I despair at the whole spam thing and just give up altogether on any attempts to fight back (as opposed to being selective about the giving-up process and dealing with those splime that can be dealt with)

"Meet a Buddy Fcuk a Buddy" Fcuk OFF.

Edit: Humans can be a bit shit on their own, and technology can be a bit shit on its own too (but when technology is a bit shit that means it is not very clever and a bit lame). But it is when humans who are a bit shit are combined with... technology that's actually quite clever... when a something that is very very shit happens.

Key Lime Guy
09-20-2008, 06:52 PM
My immediate problem with technology is that it apparently can't be used to automatically replace "shit" with "shitty" when used as an adjective.;)

Lobsang
09-20-2008, 06:57 PM
My immediate problem with technology is that it apparently can't be used to automatically replace "shit" with "shitty" when used as an adjective.;)

Take my expert word for it.. 'Shit' is not only an adjective, but it is much better to use it than 'shitty' in certain circumstances.

Boyo Jim
09-20-2008, 07:27 PM

Look into the Autocomplete function in Word. You can probably make this happen.

Autolycus
09-20-2008, 07:28 PM
This shit is bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s!

Lobsang
09-20-2008, 07:36 PM
This shit is bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s!

Now that's a Meme! (http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=484272)

Avumede
09-20-2008, 08:45 PM
It is 'technology' that has made it easy to automate a lot of things. It is technology that enables fuckwankers to spend about two minutes setting something up that will send the SAME FUCKING EMAIL to a couple of thousand people EVERY FUCKING DAY!

Oh man how awesome would it be if that were true. Unfortunately, instead of sending the same email, they send slightly different emails avoid duplicate detection, and instead of thousands of copies they send millions.