PDA

View Full Version : Predict the next celebrity who'll come out of the closet (and when)

Sampiro
09-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Obviously if they're not out you don't have to know for a fact they're gay; just go with the g'dar.

I'll take Anderson Cooper, mid-October.

Penny stock: Moe Rocca, before Christmas, with a candlestick in the library, or Billy Zane.

Wild card/long shot: George Clooney, March '09.

Really wild card/long shot: Tom Brokaw in a book called THE FABULOUS GENERATION will announce he's had a 30 year affair with "an unnamed prominent actor best known for his work as the father on EIGHT IS ENOUGH, and once with a member of That 70s Show cast.

Freejooky
09-26-2008, 02:15 AM
With the tanking of the new Metallica album, the latest of many, I think that Kirk Hammet will finally come out in the near future.

Sampiro
09-28-2008, 12:05 AM
I think Seth Green will make the announcement in the near future also. A hunch based on lots of hearsay and some circumstantial evidence (e.g. he's talked about his favorite books on a few shows- everyone of which has a huge gay following).

vintageloveletter
09-28-2008, 12:22 AM
I'm going for Ricky Martin. Soon.

Merhouse
09-28-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm going for Ricky Martin. Soon.

I'd go for Ricky Martin now. Oh, wait, that's not the same thing. Sorry.

astorian
09-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Well Lance Bass and Clay Aiken have set a precedent now for washed up former teen idols to come out of the closet long after everybody has forgotten who they are.

So Ricky Martin seems like a good guess. Or one of the Hansons.

Mahaloth
09-28-2008, 12:54 PM
With the tanking of the new Metallica album, the latest of many, I think that Kirk Hammet will finally come out in the near future.

One, I thought Death Magnetic sold fairly well.

Two, he's married, I thought.

:confused:

alexandra
09-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Bit of a wild card: Wentworth Miller. Now that no-one seems to have much regard for Prison Break and it seems nearer cancellation he's got less to lose. And he seems reluctant to embrace the closet as he's never seen out with a girl on his arm -- yet I'm guessing people behind the scenes wanted him to have a 'beard'.

levdrakon
09-28-2008, 12:56 PM
I'll take Anderson Cooper, mid-October.I think Anderson is pulling a Jodie Foster, and is never going to have to officially make a big deal about coming out. Eventually he'll adopt a kid or something with his long-time "friend" and that will be that. I don't see him making a big deal about it. His sexuality is one of the worst kept secrets in Hollywood anyway.

Lightray
09-28-2008, 06:37 PM
I'd bet on one of those freaky Duggar kids. By this point, it's almost statistically inevitable.

Sampiro
09-29-2008, 02:56 PM
I'd bet on one of those freaky Duggar kids. By this point, it's almost statistically inevitable.

124:1 long shot pay-off if it's Mr. Duggar (the husband/father).

carlb
09-30-2008, 09:22 AM
I'd like to see Mike Rowe come out, if only because it would make my wife and I laugh a lot.

About a month or so ago, we were in the middle of a Dirty Jobs marathon, and I told my wife that I think it would be great if Mike Rowe came out of the closet in the near future. He's such a ... guy ... that I think it would really upset the world view of a lot of working class men who likely watch the show (I'm looking at you, Dad). I starting laying out all the evidence. He has a large vocabulary, he sings opera, he got his start in theater, he's unmarried, and he lives in San Fransisco. Must be gay, right?

Saturday, I saw this piece: http://gawker.com/5055827/dirty-man-is-number-one-gay-fantasy-guy. He didn't deny it!

In all honesty, I doubt he's gay, and I frankly don't care one way or the other. We just have fun trying to spot all the "clues" that he's gay when we watch Dirty Jobs.

Casey1505
09-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Has Sam Champion come out or been outed?

Zsofia
09-30-2008, 09:42 AM
We should do this every year in December along with the Death Pool.

Shoeless
09-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Wild card/long shot: George Clooney, March '09.
Count me in on this one, but I think it will be more like another two or three years. Less than five.

And yeah, Mike Rowe... that would be hilarious.

Mahna Mahna
09-30-2008, 10:17 AM
My money is on Kevin Spacey, sometime in the next 12 months (especially with the photos (http://stupidcelebrities.net/2008/09/01/kevin-spacey-croatia-gayness-photos/) that recently surfaced).

I'd also bet that Ricky Martin will come out within the next 6 months - he adopted just months after Clay Aiken announced his impending fatherdom, so I'm guessing he'll follow suit with the People magazine "Yes I'm Gay" cover story.

As far as who's NOT coming out, I'm betting on Anderson Cooper playing coy for a looooooong time. He's had ample opportunity, and it's not like everyone doesn't know already. Same goes for Wentworth Miller.

Acsenray
09-30-2008, 11:38 AM
My money is on Kevin Spacey, sometime in the next 12 months (especially with the photos (http://stupidcelebrities.net/2008/09/01/kevin-spacey-croatia-gayness-photos/) that recently surfaced).

Those are just mugshots of him in pretty standard clothes.

George Clooney ... I definitely get the vibe from him, but not when he's acting, only in interviews.

levdrakon
09-30-2008, 11:50 AM
George Clooney ... I definitely get the vibe from him, but not when he's acting, only in interviews.I've gotten the same vibe from his interviews. Spending time with his guy pals seems more important to him. Not that that means much, but it's a different vibe.

Annie-Xmas
09-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Leonardo Dicaprio should, but I doubt he will.

Tamerlane
09-30-2008, 12:28 PM
I think Seth Green will make the announcement in the near future also. A hunch based on lots of hearsay and some circumstantial evidence (e.g. he's talked about his favorite books on a few shows- everyone of which has a huge gay following).

Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I will say I have heard him confess to having a major crush on Amber Benson as a youngster in the business ( before either was on Buffy ). It was on the DVD commentary of *cough*Can'tHardlyWait*cough*, in which she had a bit part which was largely cut ( she played a very stoned girl ).

BMax
09-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Those are just mugshots of him in pretty standard clothes.

If you scroll down to below the 4 "mugshots", you'll find the paragraph:

You can click here for the Kevin Spacey Croatia “butt groping” photos in all there glory!

and click on that. NSFW, due to naked male buttocks. It looks pretty gay to me.

Edit: I thought that Ricky Martin came out a few years ago. And what about Vin Diesel? Is he out too?

ArizonaTeach
09-30-2008, 12:40 PM
This is kinda interesting, in a voyeuristic way, but serious question: how much of this is reality based and how much is wish fulfillment?

DeCaprio? Seriously? Diesel? The same Vin Diesel who became a father in April with Paloma Jimenez?!?

BaneSidhe
09-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Kirk Hammett has said he's bi in the past. I don't care, hand him over and no one will get hurt...

My choice to come out? Hmm. My bet's on Mo Rocca too. What I'd REALLY like to see is some uber-manly country singer come out. That would be newsworthy to me.

Justin_Bailey
09-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Diesel? The same Vin Diesel who became a father in April with Paloma Jimenez?!?

Until his daughter was born Vin Diesel absolutely refused to discuss any part of his private life (except for his love of D&D). But he dropped hints that could point towards teh ghey. Even now I would lay good money on him being bi.

While I would also bet that Kevin Spacey is gay, I don't think he's coming out anytime soon. I think Seth MacFarlane (the creator of Family Guy), on the other hand, will out himself sometime soon.

Walloon
09-30-2008, 01:18 PM
With the tanking of the new Metallica albumLos Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/soundboard/2008/09/metallica-rocke.html), Sept. 17, 2008: As expected, Metallica steamrolled its way to the top of the national sales chart with the new “Death Magnetic” album, which sold 490,000 copies during just three days in release, according to Nielsen SoundScan.Wikipedia:The album stayed at number one in its second, yet first full, week sales on the Billboard 200, selling 337,000 copies and 827,000 units in total thus far. According to Billboard magazine, in the September 27, 2008 issue, Death Magnetic landed at number one on the following nine charts: Billboard Top 200, Billboard Comprehensive Albums, Top Rock Albums, Top Hard Rock Albums, Top Modern Rock/Alternative Albums, Top Digital Albums, Top Internet Albums, Tastemakers, and Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks ("The Day That Never Comes"). In addition, nearly 60,000 copies were sold digitally, making it the week's number one Digital Album. The album debuted at number one on the official United Kingdom albums chart after just three days of availability.

Walloon
09-30-2008, 01:26 PM
Well Lance Bass and Clay Aiken have set a precedent now for washed up former teen idols to come out of the closet long after everybody has forgotten who they are.Clay Aiken's latest album, released in March 2008, made its debut at #4 on the Billboard 200 and #1 on Billboard Top Internet Albums. He's currently starring on Broadway in Monty Python's Spamalot.

ArizonaTeach
09-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Until his daughter was born Vin Diesel absolutely refused to discuss any part of his private life (except for his love of D&D). But he dropped hints that could point towards teh ghey. Even now I would lay good money on him being bi.See, I don't get this...he "dropped hints that could point towards teh ghey" but he actually has a relationship and a child with a woman, so the evidence must be that he's bi?!?
While I would also bet that Kevin Spacey is gay, I don't think he's coming out anytime soon.Kevin Spacey, who dated Helen Hunt, April Winchell, and Dianne Dreyer and said about women who think he's gay: "They want to be the one to turn me around. I let them."
I think Seth MacFarlane (the creator of Family Guy), on the other hand, will out himself sometime soon.The same guy who's dating Eliza Dushku?!?

I freely admit my gaydar is non-existant, and people like Wentworth Miller, who do not even seem to try to show heterosexual leanings, might ping off it, but I really think this is more of a "I want them to be gay" rather than "I think they are gay."

Having said that, I suppose I wouldn't be too surprised when the Spacy-Diesel-McFarlane 3-way tape is leaked tomorrow.

Justin_Bailey
09-30-2008, 01:48 PM
See, I don't get this...he "dropped hints that could point towards teh ghey" but he actually has a relationship and a child with a woman, so the evidence must be that he's bi?!?

Basically, whenever he would go on Letterman or Leno or whatever, he would always mention his search for a "special someone" while never actually saying "her." That's a very careful speech pattern for someone who's straight.

It's not slam dunk evidence, but it was enough to make me not surprised if he ever came out.

Kevin Spacey, who dated Helen Hunt, April Winchell, and Dianne Dreyer and said about women who think he's gay: "They want to be the one to turn me around. I let them."

I was thinking more of the Kevin Spacey that was mugged in the middle of the night at a gay cruising spot and has not had a public long term relationship even though he's one of the more famous actors around.

KneadToKnow
09-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Seriously: Mo Rocca's in the closet?

dropzone
09-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Kevin Spacey, who dated Helen Hunt, April Winchell, and Dianne Dreyer...I thought she was saving herself for me. :( We have the same phenomenally bad taste in music. I even liked her dad better than she did. The same guy who's dating Eliza Dushku?!?She can be MY beard anytime! Hell, I'll even pretend to be gay if I have to.

Cisco
09-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Even as a young kid I noticed that a man cannot be good-looking and famous without being called gay. Hell, I've been guilty of it. I remember being 11 years old and desperately hoping rumors of Richard Gere's gayness were true so that I might have a chance with Cindy Crawford. Come on, though, George Clooney? Leonardo DiCaprio?

Now . . . for a reality-based prediction . . . Nick Hexum of 311. Twice engaged but no vows, no kids. Plus damnit I can't find it but he did an interview awhile back wearing a fur coat and just coming across as so thuper fabulouth that it was hard to imagine him being straight. Three-Eleven is my favorite band and I looked up to Nick a lot growing up so I'm not hating at all.

Happy Lendervedder
09-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Seriously: Mo Rocca's in the closet?

Seriously, she's the biggest lesbian I've ever seen!

levdrakon
09-30-2008, 02:20 PM
I freely admit my gaydar is non-existant, and people like Wentworth Miller, who do not even seem to try to show heterosexual leanings, might ping off it, but I really think this is more of a "I want them to be gay" rather than "I think they are gay."Your gaydar is non-existent, but apparently your straight-dar works so well you know when people are just wishing. Hm.

Zebra
09-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Did Lindsey Lohan come out "officially"?

ShelliBean
09-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Britney Spears - 5 years, sooner if she stays cleaned up.

I'm placing a backup bet on "I was so confused and frustrated with my mom and manager forcing me to hide my identity so I got married to the first person that was really nice to me/knew my secret/blackmailed me and took drugs and screwed up my kids."

OK maybe not. But it has crossed my mind.

Justin_Bailey
09-30-2008, 02:35 PM

Yes.

http://keralaonline.com/entertainment/lindsay-lohan-confirms-lesbian_4935.html

AngelicGemma
09-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Yep!

My bet is Robbie Williams coming out as bi before this time next year.

ArizonaTeach
09-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Your gaydar is non-existent, but apparently your straight-dar works so well you know when people are just wishing. Hm.Hm what? Uh oh, did I just trigger a tell or something? Jeez. "He thinks that just because someone says that he or she is not gay, is involved with people of the opposite sex, and has children, he thinks they're straight! Fuhhhhh-laaaaaaming!"

:rolleyes:

Cisco
Is it really "coming out" when it's a hot young party girl?

Darryl Lict
Is Marc Summers of Unwrapped out? He's pegged my gaydar, and I don't even have a very strong one.

Mahna Mahna
09-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Kevin Spacey, who dated Helen Hunt, April Winchell, and Dianne Dreyer and said about women who think he's gay: "They want to be the one to turn me around. I let them."

Yes, because clearly the string of short-term relationships negates the fact that he was photographed caressing a young man's bare buttocks and looking at that bare ass with the same combo of longing and lust that I reserve for Brad Pitt.

If that's not gay, I don't know what is.

Walloon
09-30-2008, 03:01 PM
The National Enquirer also published telephoto lens pics of Spacey making out with some younger guy in the great outdoors (I have a feeling the younger guy tipped off the Enquirer for the right price).

ArizonaTeach
09-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Yes, because clearly the string of short-term relationships negates the fact that he was photographed caressing a young man's bare buttocks and looking at that bare ass with the same combo of longing and lust that I reserve for Brad Pitt.

If that's not gay, I don't know what is.That's pretty gay, yeah. Although I point out that the relationship with April Winchell was eight years. That ain't short-term.

levdrakon
09-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Hm what? Uh oh, did I just trigger a tell or something? Jeez. "He thinks that just because someone says that he or she is not gay, is involved with people of the opposite sex, and has children, he thinks they're straight! Fuhhhhh-laaaaaaming!"

:rolleyes:Have you never watched one of those Oprah episodes about all the married with children "straight" guys cruising the M4M chatrooms?

How about this about.com article. (http://marriage.about.com/cs/straightspouses/a/straightspouse.htm)

Statistics Concerning Mixed Orientation Couples

Mixed orientation couples means that one spouse is either gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered.
According to the Straight Spouse Network, it is estimated that there are up to 2 million mixed orientation couples. According to Amity Buxton of the Straight Spouse Network, "When the gay, lesbian, or bisexual spouse comes out, a third of the couples break up immediately; another third stay together for one to two years, sorting out what to do and then divorce; the remaining third try to make their marriages work. A half of these couples divorce, while half of them (17% of the total) stay together for three or more years."

The Family Pride Coalition compiled the following statistics:

20 percent of all gay men in America are in a heterosexual marriage.
50 percent of all gay men in America have fathered children.
40 percent of all lesbians in America are married to a male partner.
75 percent of all lesbians have children.Oh yeah, if they're in a straight marriage and have kids it is insaaaaaaaaane to wonder about that vibe you're getting.

Perhaps you wouldn't be upset if we only picked ugly people you don't like for our "wishful thinking."

vintageloveletter
09-30-2008, 04:28 PM
About 5 years ago I used to work at a popular (now defunct) nightclub in New York City that had a gay night. I saw him there once.

ArizonaTeach
09-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Have you never watched one of those Oprah episodes about all the married with children "straight" guys cruising the M4M chatrooms?No, I don't watch Oprah. That would be gay.

How about this about.com article. (http://marriage.about.com/cs/straightspouses/a/straightspouse.htm)

Oh yeah, if they're in a straight marriage and have kids it is insaaaaaaaaane to wonder about that vibe you're getting.

Perhaps you wouldn't be upset if we only picked ugly people you don't like for our "wishful thinking."Wow, that's amazing! You took something that I absolutely didn't say and attempted to disprove it - using statistics that actually don't even prove what you're claiming (the numbers actually show there's more statistical probability of them being heterosexual)! There's a word for that, something about straw, but I'm totally drawing a blank.

What I am saying is why are you making the claim that a "vibe" is more proof than what the people actually say or do! How come someone saying, "I'm not gay," has a wife and children, and has been nothing but heterosexual publically is getting trumped by, "I just get a vibe." That is why I wonder if there's wish fulfillment here. I didn't know about the Vin Diesel stuff (although to my ear that doesn't sound like he's hinting anything, but whatever). The Kevin Spacey stuff is...compelling. I'm not getting the Clooney, DiCaprio, or Seth MacFarlane stuff at all. It's strictly "I've gotta feeling," and that's not good enough. Not when they're banging models and being, you know, straight.

But by all means, go ahead with the assumption that that must mean they're gay

Sampiro
09-30-2008, 04:53 PM
That's pretty gay, yeah. Although I point out that the relationship with April Winchell was eight years. That ain't short-term.

That's about the same length as Alan Cumming was married to his wife, Hilary Lyon. And much longer than he's been married to his husband, Grant Shaffer (wedding pic (http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Planet_Gossip/20070111/285.shaffer.cummings.011207.jpg)- don't worry, no smooching). :cool:

Sampiro
09-30-2008, 05:12 PM
PS- Celebrities whose bisexuality or homosexuality is not in dispute but who have married or been seriously involved with members of the opposite gender:

Will "Grandpa Walton" Geer (married-divorced, 3 children)

Alan Cumming

Robert "Mike Brady" Reed (married-divorced, 1 child)

Rock Hudson (studio arranged marriage, but consummated)

Cole Porter (married for 36 years to Linda Lee Thomas, by all accounts the love of his life- no children [but consummated])

Elton John (married-divorced, no children)

Malcolm Forbes (married-divorced, several children, boys on the side)

Luther Vandross (never married but frequently said to be involved with this or that woman)

Richard Chamberlain (never married but lots of studio "front" women)

Peter Allen (one of Liza's matched set of gay husbands)

Tony Richardson (director/producer, father with Vanessa Redgrave of Natasha & Joely Richardson)

Michael Redgrave (father of Vanessa, Lynn & Corin Redgrave and grandfather of Natasha & Joely Richardson is genetic then Liam Neeson may wanna hold off on buying his sons a football just yet])

Raymond Burr (married at least once and dated several starlets; faked additional marriages and even a non-existent dead son; lived with lover Robert Benevides for more than 30 years)

Liberace (had at least one official marriage engagement and dated Sonia Henie)

Dick Sargent (bka Darrin on Bewitched: went on "dates" with Fannie Flagg and [the woman who played Zelda on Dobie Gillis] to appease studio bosses [both women are lesbians])

Chad Allen (bka star of Dr. Quinn: Politically Correct Medical Squaw and as the autistic kid who imagined St. Eligius; was rumored to be involved with a couple of starlets and to live with one [which he did, as roommates] before being outed by an opportunistic date)

Many more of course, but that's enough for the whole "married or involved ain't neccessarily straight" thing.

missred
10-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Although it's probably a long ways off (likely on his deathbed), Burt Reynolds. Something about him has always pinged my gaydar.

Marley23
10-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Ellen DeGeneres. Call me crazy, I just have a feeling.

Sampiro
10-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Although it's probably a long ways off (likely on his deathbed), Burt Reynolds. Something about him has always pinged my gaydar.

He's pinged a lot of people's. His long-term relationship with "fag hag" Dinah Shore didn't help and was rumored in tabloids to be "a boy and his beard" more than "a boy and his sugar mama".

England seems way ahead of America in terms of actors' sexuality not making a lot of difference. John Gielgud's sexuality was an open secret before his arrest in the 1940s but even afterwards he played heterosexual characters frequently, Stephen Boyd made no great secret of his gayitation and was even one of the first stars to play an openly gay character in a movie but could also get heteroles*, Nigel Hawthorne played George III (a man deeply in love with his wife with whom he had 15 children) after coming out, and Ian McKellen's lusty scenes with Annette Bening in RICHARD III (which admittedly he produced and directed) didn't suffer from knowing he more likely wanted to hook up with Robert Downey Jr.**. However, I seriously doubt TR Knight or the quite macho Robert Gant or David Hyde Pierce will ever be cast as the hetero lead of a major studio production. (Of course otoh Rupert Everett is British, openly gay, and rarely gets offered straight characters, but then he's not the world's greatest actor either.)

Johnny Depp has admitted to having fooled around with guys in his stoner youth but claims he was bicurious rather than gay and that his orientation is straight. Many rumors that he was a rent-boy during his early days in Hollywood, when he admits he was living mostly in his car and willing to do pretty much anything for food and drug money and an occasional music [ahem] gig (he moved to Hollywood to be a musician rather than an actor).

*Boyd was married twice, the first time for three weeks to an Italian actress and the second time for even longer to a longtime friend he wanted to inherit his estate (though only in his 40s he knew he had a serious heart condition by the time and needed a caregiver/beneficiary).

**Lots of rumors about Downey as well. He admits to having had sex with a male friend in his youth but says he was just experimenting. He got more rumors when during his unfortunate incarceration days he asked to be transferred to a rehab center that specifically [but not exclusively] catered to LGBT patients, but soon after became engaged and remarried [picking up yet more rumors when he changed the wedding location at the last minute when a billionaire friend who was hosting it at his mansion made an insulting comment that the Downeys would not reveal] so who knows. Keep 'em guessing.

Dangerosa
10-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Is it really "coming out" when it's a hot young party girl?

Dan Savage had a scathing column many years ago about college girls who come out - then ten years later having put their families through hell are married Target shopping, minivan driving suburban soccer moms.

As someone whose girlfriends were over 70% Lesbian or Bi in college - and now twenty years later we are all minivan driving, Target shopping 'straight' suburban (sometimes urban) wives (and usually mothers) - I can see a lot of truth to that.

I hope Lohan spends her life partnered with people who are meaningful to her - male or female. But it would not shock me if twenty years from now that meaningful person is male.

Ellef
10-02-2008, 06:04 AM
Yep!

My bet is Robbie Williams coming out as bi before this time next year.

I think Robbie Williams already claimed to be gay some years ago, and most of the media just shrugged it off as a publicity stunt.

Hazle Weatherfield
10-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Tom Cruise, but he will be forced out...not sure when.

levdrakon
10-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Tom Cruise, but he will be forced out...not sure when.Tom Cruise is nuts, and missed his opportunity to come out gracefully years ago. John Travolta has maintained his dignity, and could do it, I think. But, he'd have to turn away from Scientology to do it, which might be dangerous, depending on what you believe about Scientology.

spifflog
10-02-2008, 03:12 PM
PS- Celebrities whose bisexuality or homosexuality is not in dispute but who have married or been seriously involved with members of the opposite gender:

Cole Porter (married for 36 years to Linda Lee Thomas, by all accounts the love of his life- no children [but consummated])

A minor point, and not critical to the discussion at hand but . . .

Cole Porter and Linda Thomas had a marriage of convenience that was by all accounts not consummated. The "love of his live" nonsense was written for the film only.

Laughing Lagomorph
10-02-2008, 03:15 PM
...Chad Allen (bka star of Dr. Quinn: Politically Correct Medical Squaw ....

I love this, this is almost exactly how I used to refer to this show to myself (the wife was fond of it back in the day).

Re: Burt Reynolds, I distinctly remember thinking he seemed a little TOO friendly with the far-from-butch Dom DeLuise back in the late 70s/early 80s.

Not that there is anything wrong with that but for two guys who were supposed to be nothing more than good heterosexual pals I remember some of their interactions on talk shows and TV specials or whatever made me go :dubious:.

I mean, get a room already guys.

Cisco
10-02-2008, 03:22 PM
I hope Lohan spends her life partnered with people who are meaningful to her - male or female. But it would not shock me if twenty years from now that meaningful person is male.

It would not shock me if six months from now that meaningful person is male :).

Little Nemo
10-02-2008, 03:29 PM
I've long suspected that Teller (the magician) is gay. No smoking gun but just certain things that have been said or not said.

twickster
10-02-2008, 03:59 PM
I've long suspected that Teller (the magician) is gay. No smoking gun but just certain things that have been said or not said.

If it's a secret, it's an open one -- yes, he's gay.

vivalostwages
10-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Ryan Seacrest, but not until American Idol is off the air.

alexandra
10-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Dan Savage had a scathing column many years ago about college girls who come out - then ten years later having put their families through hell are married Target shopping, minivan driving suburban soccer moms.

As someone whose girlfriends were over 70% Lesbian or Bi in college - and now twenty years later we are all minivan driving, Target shopping 'straight' suburban (sometimes urban) wives

So? Most people become more boring and conventional as they approach middle-age. It doesn't invalidate the feelings they had for previous partners.

Shirley Ujest
10-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Hilary Swank.

She's pinged my radar the first time I saw her.

dropzone
10-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Cole Porter and Linda Thomas had a marriage of convenience that was by all accounts not consummated. The "love of his live" nonsense was written for the film only.On the other hand, Charles Laughton and Elsa Lanchester were married 33 years, until his death, though he was quite gay. I think it's sweet that people can be soulmates even with that standing in their way, though he regretted that they could not have children, either because she didn't want to because of his gayness (her version) or because she couldn't after a botched abortion in her younger years (his version).

AngelicGemma
10-03-2008, 12:01 PM
I think Robbie Williams already claimed to be gay some years ago, and most of the media just shrugged it off as a publicity stunt.

Are you sure? He has previously sued newspapers for claiming he is gay.

drm
10-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Hilary Swank.

Me too actually, but I hope she gives me a chance before she comes out.

I have no gaydar whatsoever so I really have little to add other than John Travolta always seemed like him might be gay.

I'd love it if a major NFL star came out, that's be sweet. I don't mean to pigeonhole NFL Fans but I'd say a rather large percentage (although not likely on this board) would be thrown into a tizzy.

CalMeacham
10-03-2008, 12:30 PM
In all honesty, I doubt he's gay, and I frankly don't care one way or the other. We just have fun trying to spot all the "clues" that he's gay when we watch Dirty Jobs.

Like eating fried fish semen?

Sampiro
10-03-2008, 12:41 PM
On the other hand, Charles Laughton and Elsa Lanchester were married 33 years, until his death, though he was quite gay. I think it's sweet that people can be soulmates even with that standing in their way, though he regretted that they could not have children, either because she didn't want to because of his gayness (her version) or because she couldn't after a botched abortion in her younger years (his version).

I wish it was on YouTube but can't find it; I swear I saw it (years after it aired), but in her older years Elsa Lanchester gave an interview and discussed learning Charles was gay. (She did not know it when they married, at least according to her.)

This is paraphrased from the memory of the interview.

ELSA: I was supposed to be at the theatre in rehearsal all day but we were sent home early [for some reason]. I came into the flat (http://findadeath.com/Deceased/l/charles%20laughton/laughton%20percy.JPG)and I knew Charles was still in bed so I decided to surprise him by making a little tea and cakes reception, and I set up the table and lit candles and then discovered we were out of tea. So I just went up to our bedroom and Charles was not there, and I heard a sound from our spare bedroom and went in to find Charles in bed with a very good looking naked young man.

Interviewer: Oh my god. I can't imagine anything that horrible... however did you cope?

ELSA: Oh it wasn't so bad. It turned out we did have some coffee, so I served that instead of the tea.

While I have absolutely no delusion she was that blasé or pragmatic about the matter and was playing the comic proper English wife for the camera, I still thought her deadpan delivery was hysterical.

Sampiro
10-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Like eating fried fish semen?

Uncomfortable mental images of Abe Vigoda must be surgically removed.

Carl Corey
10-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Damn you, Sampiro.

Damn you to hell.

Gotta make an appointment with the surgeon. . .

dropzone
10-03-2008, 01:08 PM
While I have absolutely no delusion she was that blasé or pragmatic about the matter and was playing the comic proper English wife for the camera, I still thought her deadpan delivery was hysterical. From Wikipedia, "In her autobiographical book, Lanchester relates a story regarding the police approaching Laughton at the door of their London flat, with a hustler whom Laughton had approached (and who apparently wanted to blackmail Charles asking for more money). When Laughton confessed, Lanchester told him not to worry about it, that it didn't matter. 'That's why he cried . . . when I told him it didn't matter.'" But she had been brought up anything but "proper." Getting married, like Elsa and Charles did, was more than her socialist, parents were willing to do. "My parents were always a bit arty. They were 'advanced.' They supported pacifism, vegetarianism, socialism, atheism, and all that."

rivulus
10-03-2008, 01:13 PM
I think Anderson is pulling a Jodie Foster, and is never going to have to officially make a big deal about coming out. Eventually he'll adopt a kid or something with his long-time "friend" and that will be that. I don't see him making a big deal about it. His sexuality is one of the worst kept secrets in Hollywood anyway.Girl, the way he and Erica Hill riff on 360° he's hardly keeping it a secret! Flames coming right out the HD screen.

They're so cute. I love me some Anderson and Erica Hill.

(Lest anyone misunderstand, I'm sayin' she's his fruitfly.)

Key Lime Guy
10-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Alton Brown?

Sternvogel
10-03-2008, 04:58 PM

According to this page, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Champion) he apparently has:

Champion, who is openly gay, also hosted the New York City Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project's 2002 "Courage Awards", along with movie critic Frank DeCaro.

WF Tomba
10-03-2008, 05:07 PM
What do y'all think about Chris Meloni?

Mahna Mahna
10-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Alton Brown?

Doubtful. I get the impression that Alton is quirky, but still quite hetero.

By all accounts, he's quite happily married (for well over 10 years, I believe).

Baron Greenback
10-03-2008, 06:25 PM
I have no gaydar whatsoever so I really have little to add other than John Travolta always seemed like him might be gay.

I don't think that John Travolta's sexuality is much of a secret?

Cisco
10-03-2008, 09:03 PM
I'd love it if a major NFL star came out, that's be sweet. I don't mean to pigeonhole NFL Fans but I'd say a rather large percentage (although not likely on this board) would be thrown into a tizzy.

Howard Stern has interviewed a gay NFL star. I don't remember his name because I don't follow the NFL.

dropzone
10-03-2008, 09:41 PM
What do y'all think about Chris Meloni?My default position with "show people" is "gay, unless proven otherwise, and that might not be the whole truth." Yeah, it's an old meme, floating around for CENTURIES, but you could also say it is "tried and true." :D Meloni, however, never pinged my rudimentary (because, being pretty much straight, it's only used for fun) gaydar. However, I may be giving something away about me when I say his co-star is WORLDS hotter than her mom, though her coltish figure is nothing like (and about 75lbs lighter) than Mama Jayne.

Merhouse
10-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Howard Stern has interviewed a gay NFL star. I don't remember his name because I don't follow the NFL.

Might it have been David Kopay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Kopay)? He's the only one that comes to my mind.

Edited because He's sounds better than He's is :)

cmyk
10-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Hilary Swank.

Surely you jest? Maybe because she played a gay character in Boys Don't Cry, or that she looks like a female Matt Damon? Plus she was married for a while to Chad Lowe, and is now dating her (male) agent, or something. She's a tomboy, for sure, but I'm not getting gay.

In a weird twist, I always thought David Foley was gay, but apparently he's been married twice and has some kids. But still...

Gatopescado
10-04-2008, 01:01 AM
I didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if this is a repeat, but

PAUL STANLEY IS QUEER!!!

I doubt he will ever come out.

Cisco
10-04-2008, 01:55 AM
Might it have been David Kopay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Kopay)? He's the only one that comes to my mind.
It's possible, but my foggy memory is telling me it was a black guy.

Ellef
10-04-2008, 05:49 AM

Ah, I didn't know that. Maybe I've read a story too quickly and got the wrong end of the stick then. Thanks for fighting my ignorance!

plnnr
10-05-2008, 08:15 AM
I'd like to see Mike Rowe come out, if only because it would make my wife and I laugh a lot.

I've been telling my wife for years that I think he's gay (and hot as hell). She doesn't buy it, but my gaydar is pretty damn good and he sets mine off in a big way. I wish he would come out if for no other reason than to dispel so many stupid stereotypes about what a gay man is supposed to be like. Liberace he ain't.

Dangerosa
10-05-2008, 09:25 AM

Edited because He's sounds better than He's is :)

Or Esera Tuaolo

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1589/is_2002_Nov_26/ai_95263252

Moriarty
10-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Paula Poundstone. Or has that already been announced?

koeeoaddi
10-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Viggo Mortensen?

Moirai
10-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Viggo Mortensen?

I don't know- he was married to a pretty fierce punk rocker, and they have a son. I don't get that vibe from him.

And speaking of not getting it, WTF was that remark about Dom DeLouise upthread? Again, a guy with like 10 kids... you think so?

FriarTed
10-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Paula Poundstone. Or has that already been announced?

She had some legal difficulty over allegations of impropriety with a foster daughter, but that was settled. I thought during that, it was pretty much acknowledged that - yes, she's gay, but no, she didn't mess with that girl.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paula_Poundstone

OK, apparently I confused the girl she was accused of molesting with a foster kid. She denied & was cleared of that. She did get in trouble for driving while intoxicated with foster kids in her car. And no mention in Wikipedia one way or another about her being gay. This was all back in 2001.

FriarTed
10-05-2008, 10:11 PM
She had some legal difficulty over allegations of impropriety with a foster daughter, but that was settled. I thought during that, it was pretty much acknowledged that - yes, she's gay, but no, she didn't mess with that girl.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paula_Poundstone

OK, apparently I confused the girl she was accused of molesting with a foster kid. She denied & was cleared of that. She did get in trouble for driving while intoxicated with foster kids in her car. And no mention in Wikipedia one way or another about her being gay. This was all back in 2001.

OK, I'm a little too interested in Paula Poundstone's sexuality (yes, I have thought she was kinda cute over the years). Anyway, google results indicate she may just be asexual.

http://www.gomag.com/article/paula_poundstone_says_it_/

Walloon
10-05-2008, 11:31 PM
And speaking of not getting it, WTF was that remark about Dom DeLouise upthread? Again, a guy with like 10 kids... you think so?He has three children. People magazine, May 9, 1994:Actor Dom DeLuise, 60, has been charged with criminal sexual contact by Atlantic City police, based on the complaint of a male employee of Merv Griffin's Resorts Casino Hotel. The police declined to elaborate on the details of the complaint. DeLuise, married and the father of three grown children, denied the charges to police.

jackdavinci
10-06-2008, 03:48 AM

This sort of thing makes me more likely to think someone is gay :rolleyes: "Doth protest too much" and all that...

My pick is Ricky Shroeder. I know he's married with kids (his wife was on some design show as a contestant recently!). And on his own merits he doesn't ping my dar. But you see, he looks like me. And the other two celebrities who looked like me when I was younger have both since come out (NPH and Chad Allen). So I figure it's only a matter of time.. :D

And the guy who played Tyr Anasazi on Andromeda. Although maybe just because he looks good in chainmail and likes to walk around barefoot. :) Although since then he has played gay on a tv show (with kissing!), so by the opposite of "doth protest" principle he must be straight...

Dublin11
10-06-2008, 04:23 AM

Will "Grandpa Walton" Geer (married-divorced, 3 children)

Alan Cumming

Robert "Mike Brady" Reed (married-divorced, 1 child)

Rock Hudson (studio arranged marriage, but consummated)

Elton John (married-divorced, no children)

Malcolm Forbes (married-divorced, several children, boys on the side)

Luther Vandross (never married but frequently said to be involved with this or that woman)

Richard Chamberlain (never married but lots of studio "front" women)

Peter Allen (one of Liza's matched set of gay husbands)

Tony Richardson (director/producer, father with Vanessa Redgrave of Natasha & Joely Richardson)

Michael Redgrave (father of Vanessa, Lynn & Corin Redgrave and grandfather of Natasha & Joely Richardson is genetic then Liam Neeson may wanna hold off on buying his sons a football just yet])

Raymond Burr (married at least once and dated several starlets; faked additional marriages and even a non-existent dead son; lived with lover Robert Benevides for more than 30 years)

Liberace (had at least one official marriage engagement and dated Sonia Henie)

Dick Sargent (bka Darrin on Bewitched: went on "dates" with Fannie Flagg and [the woman who played Zelda on Dobie Gillis] to appease studio bosses [both women are lesbians])

Chad Allen (bka star of Dr. Quinn: Politically Correct Medical Squaw and as the autistic kid who imagined St. Eligius; was rumored to be involved with a couple of starlets and to live with one [which he did, as roommates] before being outed by an opportunistic date)

Many more of course, but that's enough for the whole "married or involved ain't neccessarily straight" thing.

I don't know about that.
A lot of those men were young in the times when homosexuality was a criminal offence that would get you locked up, so there was more pressure on them to get be seen with women and/or married and live an outwardly straight life than there is now.
So that could easily have been why they got married - as a cover.

As for them having children, I don't think that's completely compelling evidence either. It's nothing like true that any man who is married must be the father of his wife's children. And it never has been. How many times, even now, do we hear of some shockingly high number of husbands have raised children that weren't theirs and that the men never knew? And in the times when homosexuality was illegal and gay men marrried women to give themselves a veneer of respectability, divorcing your wife for adultery could end up giving you more to be concerned about than her - namely a spell in the slammer, if she decided that you being nasty enough to divorce her for infidelity meant she would be nasty right back and get you arrested.

Not all women who had babies to men other than their husbands were married to gay men, of course. But if it's a marriage of convenience for a gay man, the wife should get some perks, too. Having a husband who needs you as a cover for his illegal inclinations could have been a useful trade off for women who were involved with other men; married men, for instance. Or men who just wouldn't marry them. If you're in a marriage of convenience with a man who is gay and you're having a baby with a man who will not or can not marry you, then your gay husband is a ready made daddy to the outside world and he probably thinks this baby will assist in the outward impression of his being not gay at all.

Walloon
10-06-2008, 04:35 AM
I don't know about that.
A lot of those men were young in the times when homosexuality was a criminal offence that would get you locked upAlmost all of the men listed are/were American. Can anyone name any instance of two adults in 20th century America, engaging privately (e.g., not in some park or restroom) and consensually in non-commercial homosexual activity, being criminally prosecuted for it?

Starving Artist
10-06-2008, 05:48 AM
...went on "dates" with Fannie Flagg and [the woman who played Zelda on Dobie Gillis] ...That would be Sheila James Kuehl, IMDB bio (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0473861/), now an attorney and California state senator.

Sheila James Kuehl (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://dist23.casen.govoffice.com/vertical/Sites/%257B6A93A017-DA3B-4A59-866F-E9FDC3D31EAB%257D/uploads/%257BAA04E025-1AF4-4836-9788-322872C4810D%257D.JPG&imgrefurl=http://dist23.casen.govoffice.com/&h=3047&w=2284&sz=1585&hl=en&start=1&usg=__DAwwo0C6Q7EsVHksnwwzae5_lOE=&tbnid=s0B5WdNMZ1Z_AM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=112&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2522Sheila%2BJames%2BKuehl%2522%26as_st%3Dy%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN)

Fannie Flagg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.randomhouse.com/features/fannieflagg/fannie_dvd/art/FannieFlaggDVDcover.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.randomhouse.com/features/fannieflagg/fannie_dvd/index.html&h=342&w=342&sz=49&hl=en&start=1&usg=__5kRGz1FOGlYRksBqacV-dBPzW2A=&tbnid=xzCjjP4CythRZM:&tbnh=120&tbnw=120&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfannie%2Bflagg%26as_st%3Dy%26hl%3Den)

GuanoLad
10-06-2008, 06:44 AM
In a weird twist, I always thought David Foley was gay, but apparently he's been married twice and has some kids. But still...I thought the whole of KITH were gay, I thought it was part of their shtick, but it would seem only one of them is actually gay, and they fooled me.

wheelie
10-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Almost all of the men listed are/were American. Can anyone name any instance of two adults in 20th century America, engaging privately (e.g., not in some park or restroom) and consensually in non-commercial homosexual activity, being criminally prosecuted for it?

From Wikipedia, Lawrence v. Texas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_v_Texas):
The petitioners, medical technologist John Geddes Lawrence, then 55, and Tyron Garner (1967–2006),[2] then 31, were alleged to have been engaging in consensual anal sex in Lawrence's apartment in the outskirts of Houston between 10:30 and 11 p.m. on September 17, 1998 when Harris County sheriff's deputy Joseph Quinn entered the unlocked apartment, with his weapon drawn, arresting the two.

Little Nemo
10-06-2008, 11:05 AM
I've seen a couple of people who seem to believe that Alan Cumming's marriage was "fake" because he's gay. I thought that Cumming was openly bisexual, which would mean a relationship with a woman would be as "real" for him as a relationship with a man.

BaneSidhe
10-06-2008, 11:36 AM
I didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if this is a repeat, but

PAUL STANLEY IS QUEER!!!

I doubt he will ever come out.

Nope, he's bi. And I doubt he'll ever come out too.

control-z
10-06-2008, 01:49 PM
"What else can I say, everyone is gay." -Nirvana

Geez, it would be easier to name people that aren't gay.

Seth Green, George Clooney, Burt Reynolds, I don't think so. They seem like average Joes to me.

WF Tomba
10-06-2008, 02:01 PM
George Clooney isn't gay, he's just Cary Grant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cary_Grant#Rumors_regarding_sexual_orientation).

levdrakon
10-06-2008, 04:42 PM
What about Patrick Stewart?

I read an interview he gave around the time of Jeffrey and he said something like "I think they are some changes coming" or something to that effect. At the time, it sounded like he was entertaining the notion of coming out. He's been married to women most of his life though, and I guess has kids.

Still, I wouldn't be that surprised.

dropzone
10-06-2008, 05:18 PM
George Clooney isn't gay, he's just Cary Grant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cary_Grant#Rumors_regarding_sexual_orientation)."Grant himself always denied the rumors, saying, 'If someone can't find anything bad to say about you, you are a tightwad or a homosexual.'"

I don't know if he was gay, but Grant had a reputation for being a tightwad. Um, meaning cheap.

Lochdale
10-06-2008, 05:42 PM
George Clooney isn't gay, he's just Cary Grant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cary_Grant#Rumors_regarding_sexual_orientation).

I wouldn't trust a lot of the information you see on Wikipedia particularly when it comes to celebs. Seems that it often times is more muck racking by people with an agenda than actual fact. I've had the misfortune of seeing this type of behaviour on Wiki before and it's unpleasant to say the least.

The guy from Mythbusters always sets mine off. The one with the little beret.

plnnr
10-06-2008, 06:22 PM
"Grant himself always denied the rumors, saying, 'If someone can't find anything bad to say about you, you are a tightwad or a homosexual.'"

I don't know if he was gay, but Grant had a reputation for being a tightwad. Um, meaning cheap.

According to Betsy Drake, one of Grant's wives, "I don't know if he was bisexual - we were too busy fucking for me to ever ask him the question."

Starving Artist
10-06-2008, 07:02 PM
...Grant had a reputation for being a tightwad. Um, meaning cheap.From what I've read from various people who knew him, he wasn't cheap, just frugal, and quite generous on occasion.

Still, I'm reminded of a story related by Fred de Cordova, the executive producer of the Tonight Show in its later decades, which he said was almost certainly apocryphal. Supposedly Cary Grant and Fred McMurray (another tightwad of renown) once met for dinner, and each was said to have dawdled so long waiting for the other to pick up the check that the waiter eventually asked if they were ready to order breakfast.

Equipoise
10-07-2008, 02:44 AM
Kevin Spacey, who dated Helen Hunt...Uh, Helen Hunt is 45 and has only been married once, for about two minutes*, to Hank Azaria, who's 44 and has only been married once, for about two minutes*, to Helen Hunt. Hunt does have a daughter with writer Matthew Carnahan. IMDB refers to Hunt as Carnahan's "girlfriend" while Wikipedia refers to her as his "companion." Of course I could be wrong, but it sounds more like a friendship with benefits (sperm) rather than a close romantic coupling. Azaria has not been linked to anyone since his split with Hunt in 2000, that I could find anyway.

None of that proves a thing, but both of them have pinged my straight girl gaydar for years. (Eta, both meaning Hunt and Azaria. Spacey makes three)

(*Ok, they were married for about a year and a half. They were a cute couple too)

WF Tomba
10-07-2008, 08:45 AM
The guy from Mythbusters always sets mine off. The one with the little beret.
I'm sure we discussed this in another thread somewhere. Both of those guys had me wondering, but apparently they're both married to women. You have to remember they're from San Francisco. Everyone's a little gay there, sort of the way everyone in New York is a little Jewish.

Lochdale
10-07-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm sure we discussed this in another thread somewhere. Both of those guys had me wondering, but apparently they're both married to women. You have to remember they're from San Francisco. Everyone's a little gay there, sort of the way everyone in New York is a little Jewish.

Maybe the funniest thing I've read in a while. Mind if I use it?

Knowed Out
10-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Damn, I'm amazed. Nobody mentioned Keanu Reeves.

If this thread had been made 5 years ago, he would have had the most hits. I guess the tide of Keanu hate has ebbed.

Sampiro
10-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Speaking of American Idol contestants, Blake Lewis and Chris Richardson (known collectively as Cake) have been rumored to be a couple ever since the show. Both deny the rumors, though they have one of the most physically affectionate male-male friendships of recent memory- if they're not gay they're super secure in their sexuality.

levdrakon
10-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Speaking of American Idol contestants, Blake Lewis and Chris Richardson (known collectively as Cake) have been rumored to be a couple ever since the show. Both deny the rumors, though they have one of the most physically affectionate male-male friendships of recent memory- if they're not gay they're super secure in their sexuality.Based on what little I do know of American Idol, they know what sells to 14-year-old girls, and *that* can be worth millions.

Heh, I googled them and realized I have seen them, at least in this well-known photochop: here. (http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2007/04/american-idol-photoshop-fun-blake-lewis-chris-richardson-cozy-up/)

Lightray
10-07-2008, 02:48 PM
If this thread had been made 5 years ago, he would have had the most hits. I guess the tide of Keanu hate has ebbed.
I'm not sure that's the correct conclusion. Compare to Tom Cruise: the more annoying he became, the less it seemed people wanted to suggest he might be gay.

WF Tomba
10-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Maybe the funniest thing I've read in a while. Mind if I use it?
No problem.

ralph124c
10-07-2008, 06:20 PM
I know, he dates the glamorous Giselle Bundchen..but she is just a front!

levdrakon
10-07-2008, 06:55 PM

If this thread had been made 5 years ago, he would have had the most hits. I guess the tide of Keanu hate has ebbed.I don't understand. Are you saying we slur people by calling them gay when we don't like them?

Weird. Earlier in the thread we were "wishful thinking." I wonder which it is, and whether that much has changed in five years.

Merhouse
10-07-2008, 09:13 PM

I'm not sure that's the correct conclusion. Compare to Tom Cruise: the more annoying he became, the less it seemed people wanted to suggest he might be gay.

I dunno, I think in Keanu's case, most people have just forgotten he exists. OK, well, I mostly have. OTOH, Tom seems to make himself difficult to forget, try as we might,

Personally, I used to want Tom to be gay (and for us to live happily ever after), but in recent and not so recent years, I'm happy to let him play for the other team. We already have enough problems, thank you very much :)

Sampiro
10-07-2008, 11:09 PM
I know, he dates the glamorous Giselle Bundchen..but she is just a front!

As evidenced by the fact she also dated Leonardo DiCaprio (a well known closet 'mo; he's been caught numerous times on camera not practicing gay sex, thus proving how closeted he is).

kunilou
10-08-2008, 12:33 PM
OK, I'm a little too interested in Paula Poundstone's sexuality (yes, I have thought she was kinda cute over the years). Anyway, google results indicate she may just be asexual.

FWIW a good friend of mine worked for Poundstone for several years and says that Poundstone is asexual. I didn't push my friend on how closely she worked with Poundstone to be able to state that definitively.

Sampiro
11-11-2008, 01:41 AM
BUMP. (1 month- that's not a zombie is it?)

I'm thinking Wanda Sykes came out on the Halloween episode of Ellen (starts at about 4:40 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0gpMEz8Oh0&feature=related)). In discussing Prop 8 and her irritation at African American voters being overwhelmingly anti Prop 8 she compares being black and being gay: "I never had to sit my family down and tell 'em I'm black...". She doesn't quite say she's gay, but as close as you can come without saying it.

JohnT
11-11-2008, 06:22 AM
He very well could be out for all I know, but I always got that "vibe" from David Spade.

FriarTed
11-11-2008, 06:34 AM
He very well could be out for all I know, but I always got that "vibe" from David Spade.

Naw, he's just bitchy- it's a common mistake.

Shirley Ujest
11-12-2008, 03:06 AM
How about Hugh Jackman?

Sr Siete
11-12-2008, 04:19 AM
How about Hugh Jackman?

Well, on the one hand he is married to a woman... but that pales compared with his having a successful career in musical theatre. That makes him at least honorary gay.

Hostile Dialect
11-12-2008, 05:02 AM
I don't know about the when, but Anderson Cooper is so gay it's not even funny.

So? Most people become more boring and conventional as they approach middle-age. It doesn't invalidate the feelings they had for previous partners.

If there's one thing I've learned in my five months of being out of the closet, it's this: never, ever underestimate biphobia, from gays, straights or both.

Possibly long-retired Dallas Cowboys star Roger Whatsisface, who came out years and years after he left the game. The point is that nobody seems to have come out of the closet while playing in the NFL.

Speaking of which, did you hear about the football star who came out after retirement?

He came into the league as a Tight End, but left as a Wide Receiver.

I used to look like Neil Patrick Harris when I was younger.

How much younger, exactly? BTW, how you doin'? :D

Seth Green, George Clooney, Burt Reynolds, I don't think so. They seem like average Joes to me.

:confused: What does that have to do with anything?

Sampiro: Cake on American Idol? Holy shit, you scared me. No, turns out you mean "Cupcake".

Loach
11-12-2008, 05:05 AM

He is pretty well known as being a manwhore. And not with other men.

Uh, Helen Hunt is 45 and has only been married once, for about two minutes*, to Hank Azaria, who's 44 and has only been married once, for about two minutes*, to Helen Hunt.

I am not interested enough to do research but I seem to remember they were living together for quite a few years before getting married.

Rilchiam
11-12-2008, 05:15 AM

I'm thinking Wanda Sykes came out on the Halloween episode of Ellen (starts at about 4:40 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0gpMEz8Oh0&feature=related)). In discussing Prop 8 and her irritation at African American voters being overwhelmingly anti Prop 8 she compares being black and being gay: "I never had to sit my family down and tell 'em I'm black...". She doesn't quite say she's gay, but as close as you can come without saying it.

I don't think that's what she was saying at all. She seemed to be saying that being gay carries that extra hurdle of confession, one that she doesn't have to worry about. It was pretty funny, but I didn't take it as an outing.

wring
11-12-2008, 01:50 PM
How about Hugh Jackman?

I've wondered about that too. Especially when he's on talk shows.

jackdavinci
11-12-2008, 02:34 PM
How much younger, exactly? BTW, how you doin'? :D

I believe we were approximately the same age when Doogie aired (I watched it in high school and was called Doogie by my friends) so I imagine we are approximately the same age now lol (34).

Sampiro
11-12-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't know about the when, but Anderson Cooper is so gay it's not even funny.

The fact he doesn't discuss his private life doesn't irk me a tenth as much as the alleged reason he claims he doesn't mention it: "As a journalist I must be objective and the less the subject knows about me the better."

Uh, dude... that may have had some validity before you wrote a (strangely asexual) memoir about growing up with Gloria Vanderbilt and how your brother's probable suicide shattered your life and then expanded your journalistic experience by hosting NYE shows with Kathy Griffin and bitchily dissing the Lohans on REGIS & KATHY LEE and other Pulitzer worthy achievements. Face it- you're far more a celebrity anchor man than you are journalist and you don't mind doing fluff pieces and reaping the perks of being famous, the "gotta wear a mask" thing don't cut it.
Some have asked "who's business is it if he is or isn't gay?" and I understand that certainly. However it pisses me off when people like AC won't come out because it sends a message to so many gay kids struggling with it that "this guy's makes $50 million a year and even he's ashamed/afraid to 'fess up to it". I'll admit that may be an overreaction.

Well, on the one hand he is married to a woman... but that pales compared with his having a successful career in musical theatre.

That doesn't mean anything. Sure Harvey Fierstein is gay, but Christopher Siebert, Cheyenne Jackson, David Hyde Pierce, Nathan Lane, Clay Aiken, Tommy Tune, John Barrowman, Tim Curry, Jai Rodriguez, Neil Patrick Harris, George Chakiris and Anthony Rapp have all starred in big budget musical theater productions and not a single one of them is ga...

Oh, wait... never mind.

Walloon
11-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Cooper works often in Middle Eastern countries where some people won't have anything to do with an openly gay person.

Ike Witt
11-13-2008, 12:37 AM
Does "Show Biz" give you teh gay?

Hostile Dialect
11-13-2008, 01:04 AM
On the contrary, I would suggest that being gay gives you a chance of catching teh showbiz.

Moonchild
11-13-2008, 02:28 AM
The National Enquirer also published telephoto lens pics of Spacey making out with some younger guy in the great outdoors (I have a feeling the younger guy tipped off the Enquirer for the right price).

Good friend of mine had high school theatre class with him. Way gay. She's the type who would know, too. ;)

I saw Diesel up close during a brunch around Saving Private Ryan time and he had my gaydar sirens screaming. I always assumed they were somehow malfunctioning because I never heard anything to corroborate it.

Dublin11
11-13-2008, 06:36 AM
I've always had Simon Cowell pegged the same as George Clooney and Kevin Spacey. The sort of gay man who will spend his life being asked if he is gay, denying it with a chortle and being seen in the company of glamorous women.

Illuminatiprimus
11-13-2008, 07:24 AM
I've always had Simon Cowell pegged the same as George Clooney and Kevin Spacey. The sort of gay man who will spend his life being asked if he is gay, denying it with a chortle and being seen in the company of glamorous women.Someone I know has a friend in showbiz who says it's a pretty badly kept secret that Cowell is gay. Personally I'm happy for your team to have him, bitchy cunt that he is.

Annie-Xmas
11-13-2008, 07:47 AM
Well, on the one hand he is married to a woman... but that pales compared with his having a successful career in musical theatre. That makes him at least honorary gay.

And he was absolutely fabulous playing Peter Allen, who was married to Liza Minelli (also a sure sign of male gayness).

Moirai
11-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Tim Curry is gay?

FriarTed
11-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Tim Curry is gay?

You're probably joking but I always assumed he was. I actually googled around info just on the off-chance he might be happily married to a woman, but I never found anything actually linking him to anybody.

So I still assume he's gay, because... well, look at him! :D

Illuminatiprimus
11-13-2008, 12:05 PM
But using that logic then David Beckham is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay gay, and I for one don't think his wife and children are beards.

cher3
11-13-2008, 12:40 PM
FWIW a good friend of mine worked for Poundstone for several years and says that Poundstone is asexual. I didn't push my friend on how closely she worked with Poundstone to be able to state that definitively.

Paula has said so herself, in her recent book, I think, and also on the air.

Hostile Dialect
11-13-2008, 04:24 PM
But using that logic then David Beckham is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay gay, and I for one don't think his wife and children are beards.

David Beckham didn't play a mad-scientist drag queen in Rocky Horror Picture Show.

alexandra
11-13-2008, 05:37 PM
I've always had Simon Cowell pegged the same as George Clooney and Kevin Spacey. The sort of gay man who will spend his life being asked if he is gay, denying it with a chortle and being seen in the company of glamorous women.

I don't see him being closeted when he was a behind-the-scenes industry mogul. A bit like George Clooney in that I just can't see him engaging in that level of self-denial.

Sampiro
11-16-2008, 04:19 AM
Possibly the gayest interview in TV history to involve two male celebrities who "don't discuss their private lives" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J4rufFTXQ8)- not great sound quality but the only one I could find of the interview.

Michael Urie (who for non UGLY BETTY watchers plays the flamingly gay Marc St. James, admin asst. to Vanessa Williams' power-diva editor character) appears on REGIS AND KELLY with guest host Anderson Cooper.

How gay is it? There's dancing to Ike&Tina Turner, the phrase "sassy pants" is applied by one male to another, and the bitchy barbs fly like a Capote-Vidal road trip. Must say the coup de grace is Cooper's though (the line about the irony of his co=hosting). It's gayer than the Seacrest-Cooper exchange (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG_5SZ-fCfE) of aught-six. ("Your's is tiny, mine's huge"- "I've heard that often" [that's not something a straight guy's likely to have heard, Andy].)

Alessan
11-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Moving away from showbusiness types...

I'll nominate current Israeli Defense Minister and former Prime Minister Ehud Barak. I've heard some rumors about him over the years, and if you look, you can find the clues: the lisp, the piano playing, the passion for horology, the slightly fey aura. And while I'm sure there were valid operational reasons for dressing as a woman when he killed all those people, he was the commanding officer - if he wanted to, he probably could have made one of his men in a dress instead.

Merhouse
11-16-2008, 10:03 AM

I heard this on the news yesterday, and found it here (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gkyR0ezmPGvnecTYumldbe_SP1hQD94FP7CO0).

panache45
11-16-2008, 10:47 AM
I'd like to nominate Rahm Emanuel (http://images.wikia.com/wikiality/images/RahmEmanuelMTP_thumb.jpg), who seems to be measuring something here. He's way too hot for a straight guy, and sets off my gaydar every time I see him. Or it could just be wishful thinking on my part.

Note his partially-amputated fuck finger, from when he used to work at Arby's. Another reason not to eat there.

Windwalker
11-16-2008, 11:10 AM

I'm glad that they put their families through hell, because it would mean that the family in question was intolerant of gays to begin with! Let all the bigots have a lesbian daughter, the more the merrier I say. Even if the girl turns out to marry a guy (because she's either bi or straight), making families come to terms (even painfully) with gays is a good thing.

Walloon
11-16-2008, 11:21 AM
the passion for horology.:confused: I know what horology is — the study of making clocks — and I'm wondering how this is a clue.

Alessan
11-16-2008, 11:47 AM
:confused: I know what horology is — the study of making clocks — and I'm wondering how this is a clue.

Barak has stated that one of his favorite passtimes is taking apart and reassembling watches. That's not gay per se, but...

Walloon
11-16-2008, 12:07 PM
But what?

Justin_Bailey
11-16-2008, 12:14 PM
But what?

But that means Zachary Quinto must surely be gay!

levdrakon
11-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Barak has stated that one of his favorite passtimes is taking apart and reassembling watches. That's not gay per se, but...Barak is Sylar! Cool!

Justin_Bailey
11-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Barak is Sylar! Cool!

Dude, I beat you by like 15 minutes...

Illuminatiprimus
11-16-2008, 12:55 PM
But that means Zachary Quinto must surely be gay!We can all but hope...

levdrakon
11-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Dude, I beat you by like 15 minutes...No way dude. You said Zachary Quinto is gay, I'm just saying Barak is a super-powered, telekinetic who, if he decides to go nuclear on you, can really go nuclear on you.

Sampiro
11-16-2008, 02:07 PM
So if a horologist is somebody who likes to take apart clocks, does that mean Jack the Ripper was a clockologist?

Sigmagirl
11-16-2008, 02:55 PM

Confirmed.

http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2008/11/16/wanda-sykes-declaring-herself-gay-after-feeling-attacked-by/?icid=200100397x1213087462x1200873656

carnivorousplant
11-16-2008, 03:06 PM
I'll take Anderson Cooper, mid-October.

Does this mean that Aaron Brown gets his job back?
:)

thirdname
11-17-2008, 07:49 AM
Viggo Mortensen?I came here to ask about that. In the special features to A History of Violence, at the end of the movie's premiere he kisses David Cronenberg on the lips. What's up with that?

Max Torque
11-17-2008, 09:45 AM
You know who pings my gaydar something fierce? David Cross, the comedian who did "Mr. Show" and was on "Arrested Development" and such.

It's not just that he's so convincing at acting stereotypically gay, it's the various forms of the "pronoun game" he plays. Like, in his standup act, I've never heard him talk about dating women, but when he talks about going places such as the zoo or "Light Up Atlanta" or whatever, he always went with "a friend", never a woman or a date. When he does the bit about the little book full of "fun date suggestions," he's careful to note that "we'll say a man and a woman for our purposes." And when he talks about buying pornographic magazines for a plane ride, the title he goes with are, "The World's Filthiest Ball-Draining Cum Mag" and "Puckering Virgin Assholes", which strike me as odd, because you'd expect him to make up titles that are more blatantly hetero, ya know? They sound like they're carefully crafted to sound hetero at first blush, but when you think about it, not so much.

And yeah, I know that he's supposedly dating/dated female celebrities, but I have yet to see any photographic evidence of these relationships apart from "picture of them walking the dog together." Not convinced.

dropzone
11-17-2008, 10:02 AM
But that means Zachary Quinto must surely be gay!Isn't it obvious?