PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Housewives 1/11

vivalostwages
01-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Bree is going at it full force with her in-law-to-be, while Gabi's kids disrespect their mom and she needs Carlos to help.

vivalostwages
01-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Well, no wonder the Solis kids are so chunky--their dingbat mom tries to drag them across the floor.

elfkin477
01-13-2009, 12:42 AM
I think Carlos' argument was entirely fair: she can expect him to be a fulltime parent or a fulltime worker, not both while she assumes the responsiblities of neither. I did like having the kids screamed at by the neighbor, though :)

Was Lynnette's explaination about the car-crash phone call confusing to anyone else? At first I got the impression that she recorded the accident she heard the night before, but that would require psychic powers. Did she mean she got the idea to play back a recording of a crash from that accident?

The Controvert
01-13-2009, 01:36 AM
The way I understood it, Lynnette was on the phone with her husband. The audience hears the crash as it was happening.

After some editing wizardry, the show cuts to the hospital where the grandma and son rush to find Lynnette. It turns out they had gotten the idea from the near accident to make a fake call to the grandma about Lynnette being hurt in a car accident. There was no recording that I remember.

Joey P
01-13-2009, 07:42 AM
The way I understood it, Lynnette was on the phone with her husband. The audience hears the crash as it was happening.

After some editing wizardry, the show cuts to the hospital where the grandma and son rush to find Lynnette. It turns out they had gotten the idea from the near accident to make a fake call to the grandma about Lynnette being hurt in a car accident. There was no recording that I remember.

Yup, IOW, Lynette saw the crash and thought, OMG that coulda been me, then said "Hey Tom, call mom and tell her I just got into a car accident" bada bing bada boom Porter.

photopat
01-13-2009, 01:36 PM
I know they've never been great parents, but it seems like all of them are getting worse with every passing episode. Lynette and Gabi should both be taken away from their kids.

BTW, where was Susan and Mike's kid this ep?

cmkeller
01-13-2009, 01:44 PM
I loved the bit where Dave and Mike talk about whether or not a person can have more than one "great love" in their life. It would be the most surprising - but possibly satisfying - twist endings ever for Dave to abandon his revenge plans based on seeing how happy Mike is with Katherine, and just settle down with Edie deciding he really loves her. It would be anti-climactic, but so unexpected, it would work.

On the other hand, Porter Scavo's plot line ending without even a courtroom scene was badly anti-climactic. I hope angry hubby will continue to be a factor the rest of this season, because this it way too neat a resolution.

PunditLisa
01-13-2009, 03:47 PM
BTW, where was Susan and Mike's kid this ep?

Yeah, it's kind of scary or sad that Susan was locked in the basement all night with Edie and no one noticed her absence...including her son and her son's father.

And you'd think people would want to access their basements from the house given that they live in tornado alley and all.

Bree constantly emasculates Orson and I'm glad whatshisname called her on it.

"Cinderella" would have been the last movie my kid would have watched for a year if she ever acted like that to me.

I know, I know, it's an over-the-top fiction.

levdrakon
01-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Bree constantly emasculates Orson and I'm glad whatshisname called her on it.That was my favorite part.

Now that it's been mentioned, it is really weird how Susan can go off on adventures and her young child is nowhere to be seen. Mike should get custody. I suppose the kid just runs over to Mike's house whenever mom is off being a ditz. You'd have to get used to that being Susan's kid.

The Controvert
01-13-2009, 06:42 PM
And you'd think people would want to access their basements from the house given that they live in tornado alley and all.

Bree constantly emasculates Orson and I'm glad whatshisname called her on it.Now that you mention it, it did seem odd that the basement door isn't unlockable from inside the basement. Too bad those two didn't think to simply remove the pins from the door hinges, which I noticed were on the inside.

As for Orson, some men like a dominant woman. If he is a submissive, he might get off on the humiliation.

levdrakon
01-13-2009, 06:54 PM
As for Orson, some men like a dominant woman. If he is a submissive, he might get off on the humiliation.Orson maybe, but Bree admitted he's not the only male, or person for that matter, she treats, and has treated that way. Andrew also said his boyfriend is not every other man in Bree's life.

photopat
01-14-2009, 01:30 PM
I was amused by Orson's reaction at the cookout. Bree said he'd burned the steaks and he just grinned as if to say "Yep, and I'm damn proud of it too."