PDA

View Full Version : The Tea Party is not socially conservative my ass

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Morella
10-18-2010, 08:28 PM
It would seem that Morella is an angry homophobic bitch in addition to her other mental defects. So it would seem very unlikely that she plays for that team.

Or maybe I just haven't brought up that subject because I am not in an environment where anyone would be shocked or offended by it.

Just to set the record straight, it looks just as much like a taco to me as it does to you guys...

Morella
10-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Less than probability, I'd say the fact that she thinks that "gays" shouldn't be allowed to marry and no one else should have to pay for "their AIDS" is a pretty bit tipoff.

Whom, do you think, should have to pay for their AIDS?

Morella
10-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Since curly sucks at the government teat, Morella probably thinks she should be shot.

Not unless she is in the country illegally. Come on, play fair...let's talk about what I actually said.

emacknight
10-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Not unless she is in the country illegally. Come on, play fair...let's talk about what I actually said.

Do you even understand what that statement means?

Maybe the problem isn't that you're stupid, it seems you just lack a firm grasp of the English language. Are you ESL?

Frank
10-18-2010, 08:35 PM
What if, instead, I took the $1,000 and paid someone to move freight with it?
What if, instead, you charged a customer $1000 to have that freight moved?

Just a thought.

I'm thinking you can't be a real great businessperson. A day or three ago you were waiting to be fueled up instead of saving money by doing it yourself. Yesterday you were whining on the board (in between calling us names) about how nobody was calling you with a load instead of calling people looking for a load. You're not legally allowed to work people the way you claim to work yourself, so who would accept a job for you anyway?

Morella
10-18-2010, 08:35 PM
I do not think this word means what you think it means.

Allegories? I deliberately misused the word as a reference to the painting, "Allegory of Good Government". We've all taken Art Appreciation, right? If not, well, most of the stuff that I say goes over people's heads anyway. I can tell that by the idiotic responses that I'm getting.

I enjoy misusing words; for instance, "Oh no, that sounds ominvorous!" instead of "That sounds ominous!" It's kind of a way of making fun of a particular group of people who do it because they don't know any better.

emacknight
10-18-2010, 08:36 PM

Again, is this statement autogenerated by some sort of conservative mad libs? Do you know actually know what HIV/AIDS is?

Frank
10-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Okey, dokey, What countries are we being higher and mightier of by not shooting people who are in the U.S. illegally? What countries do that?

emacknight
10-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Allegories? I deliberately misused the word as a reference to the painting, "Allegory of Good Government". We've all taken Art Appreciation, right? If not, well, most of the stuff that I say goes over people's heads anyway. I can tell that by the idiotic responses that I'm getting.

I enjoy misusing words; for instance, "Oh no, that sounds ominvorous!" instead of "That sounds ominous!" It's kind of a way of making fun of a particular group of people who do it because they don't know any better.

Oh weird, Starving Artist tries to use that excuse after being called on his bullshit too.

So let's see, you talk like an idiot, because people think you're an idiot, for talking like an idiot, because people misread what you write, which is intentional, because you're an idiot. Brilliant.

Morella
10-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Okay, the NTSB. My mistake.

But on the larger issue of abolishing entire government agencies, would you get rid of the FAA, the NTSB, and the National Weather Service?

Get rid of the FAA completely? No. Perhaps change a few things, if it were up to me, but, the FAA actually does a pretty good job of what they're doing, and they don't hassle us. They seem genuinely concerned about air safety, and not just in assessing fines and making it impossible to do business, which is exactly the opposite of what I get from DOT Motor Freight.

The NTSB? They can scrap it, for all I care. I don't really care that much why planes crash.

National Weather Service? Still necessary, but they're becoming less necessary all of the time, as private industry is providing better weather services.

emacknight
10-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Ever watch Battlestar Galactica? "You have to pick your side". I would be in complete agreement with a political party, that supported these ideas :

Religion is total bullshit, and should be abolished.
The EPA and most other regulatory agencies should be abolished.
All prescription drugs should be freely available to adults. No drugs should be illegal.
Gays should not be allowed to legally marry, but they can do anything else they want to do, as long as the government doesn't have to pay the bill for their AIDS.
Antitrust regulations should be toughened.
No American company should be allowed to use foreign labor.
Any person living in this country illegally should be shot.
Welfare, public education, and social security should be abolished.
No free health care, for anyone.

Does any party align with all of these ideas? No. I will vote conservative, despite the fact that I obviously disagree with much of the conservative agenda, because it is the lesser of all of the evils. I won't hate black people, and I won't praise Jesus, whether the party that I have chosen to vote for does or not. That's what we all have to do...pick our side. It's not a perfect world.

Once again, this is the genius we've chosen engage.

In a day or so another brilliant orator will be along to defend this shit. Poe's law anyone?

Morella
10-18-2010, 08:43 PM
The Federal Aviation Agency was created in 1958.

Federal Aviation Administration?

elucidator
10-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Well, how about if we pay for their AIDS if they volunteer to shoot the illegal aliens?

emacknight
10-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Well, how about if we pay for their AIDS if they volunteer to shoot the illegal aliens?

As an illegal alien, what cracks me up most is that your votes cancel each other out.

Morella
10-18-2010, 08:47 PM
For those of you just joining us, this is our merde de jour.

More correctly put, Merde du jour.

And we're also putting in random expressions françaises (in italics) for no apparent reason.

Fait pas chier! It is proper to put foreign expressions in italics, and, besides, Larry Flynt has always done it, and he is one of the few people in this world whom I really admire.

Frank
10-18-2010, 08:47 PM
National Weather Service? Still necessary, but they're becoming less necessary all of the time, as private industry is providing better weather services.
The weather predictions of private services are based on information provided by the National Weather Service.

And when your plane or truck crashes due to a problem that could have been defined by an NTSB analysis of an earlier accident, I'll have no sympathy for you, only for the innocents taken out in your wake.

emacknight
10-18-2010, 08:50 PM

I know, I like to write french expressions wrong to make fun of idiots on the internet that insist on using them. ha HA you fell for my little trap, would you like to come to a dinner party?

Frank
10-18-2010, 08:51 PM
No, in fact, when founded in 1958 the Federal Aviation Administration was known as the Federal Aviation Agency. Its name was changed in 1967.

Since you have been around since before God had a beard, I'm suprised you didn't know that.

Morella
10-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Should a country be great for business, or great for its citizens?

It's all the same. The US has unlimited class mobility, and so anyone can make it here. Do you realize that there are some countries where you are born into a class, and can never make anything better of yourself?

One of the reasons that foreigners do better in the United States than Americans do is that you people take this country for granted. If you can't make it in the US, you can't make it anywhere in the world.

Morella
10-18-2010, 09:00 PM
You mean, one that didn't win the popular election?

What does the popular election have to do with anything? Do you believe that people who live in a few areas of urban sprawl (the "blue" areas) should be allowed to tell the whole rest of the country (the "red" areas) what to do?

Morella
10-18-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm thinking you can't be a real great businessperson. A day or three ago you were waiting to be fueled up instead of saving money by doing it yourself.

You mean I should have gone and stolen the fuel truck, grabbed my own can of Prist, and started putting fuel in the plane myself? No, I don't think so.

Yesterday you were whining on the board (in between calling us names) about how nobody was calling you with a load instead of calling people looking for a load.

Yes. I have a broker who calls people looking for a load, and he knows what he is doing. Why should I be trying to do his job for him?

As for namecalling, do you really think I'm the major offender here?

Frank
10-18-2010, 09:05 PM
What does the popular election have to do with anything? Do you believe that people who live in a few areas of urban sprawl (the "blue" areas) should be allowed to tell the whole rest of the country (the "red" areas) what to do?
Yes, in fact, I do. There was, in fact, in very recent history, a period when the red areas were telling the blue areas what to do. Popular elections decided that.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

elucidator
10-18-2010, 09:09 PM
You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination.....

Morella
10-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Again, is this statement autogenerated by some sort of conservative mad libs? Do you know actually know what HIV/AIDS is?

Who doesn't? We called it "Le Sida" in France. The media never shuts up about it.

Now let me ask you this...who, in this day and age, with all of the blood donor screening that we have...who, other than homosexual men and IV drug users, gets AIDS? The occasional whore who happens to screw bisexual men?

Why should you or I have to pay for their AIDS? They know damned well that they're risking AIDS when they participate in these activities.

As a fair analogy, I like to walk around in my sock feet. I've been known to walk across the airport ramp in sock feet, or across my front yard to get a newspaper. I know damned well that doing this is going to wear out my socks prematurely, so is it fair for me to ask the taxpayers to buy me new socks? If they were responsible for buying me socks, then they would have the right to tell me to put my shoes on, but they can't get me to do that, any more than I can get gays to stop ramming their cocks into each other's asses, or junkies to stop passing needles around. So...I will buy my own socks, and they can pay for their own AIDS. Isn't that fair enough?

Morella
10-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Yes, in fact, I do. There was, in fact, in very recent history, a period when the red areas were telling the blue areas what to do. Popular elections decided that.

So the citizens of New York City should tell Kansas how to run their state? What the fuck is wrong with you?

elucidator
10-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Faiir? Who cares about fair? I just want to take all your money and give it to AIDS infected gay junkies so they'll buy more tie-dyed shirts.

Frank
10-18-2010, 09:18 PM
You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination.....
Jeez, I guess so. Gotta be a troll, I suppose, my brain is otherwise incapable of grasping her ideas.

I'll note, at this point, that Morella has gone to the trouble, as so few of us do, of going to her User CP and disabling the online icon. I wonder why?

Morella
10-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Jeez, I guess so. Gotta be a troll, I suppose, my brain is otherwise incapable of grasping her ideas.

I'll note, at this point, that Morella has gone to the trouble, as so few of us do, of going to her User CP and disabling the online icon. I wonder why?

So I can sneak up on you.

Frank
10-18-2010, 09:28 PM
So the citizens of New York City should tell Kansas how to run their state?
Yes. When it comes to items controlled by the Feds, the Federal government controls, and Kansas is just going to have to deal with it. Just like New York dealt with a Federal government that demanded things it didn't agree with.

That's life, that the way it goes, and that's what elections decide.

emacknight
10-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Who doesn't? We called it "Le Sida" in France. The media never shuts up about it.

Now let me ask you this...who, in this day and age, with all of the blood donor screening that we have...who, other than homosexual men and IV drug users, gets AIDS? The occasional whore who happens to screw bisexual men?

Why should you or I have to pay for their AIDS? They know damned well that they're risking AIDS when they participate in these activities.

As a fair analogy, I like to walk around in my sock feet. I've been known to walk across the airport ramp in sock feet, or across my front yard to get a newspaper. I know damned well that doing this is going to wear out my socks prematurely, so is it fair for me to ask the taxpayers to buy me new socks? If they were responsible for buying me socks, then they would have the right to tell me to put my shoes on, but they can't get me to do that, any more than I can get gays to stop ramming their cocks into each other's asses, or junkies to stop passing needles around. So...I will buy my own socks, and they can pay for their own AIDS. Isn't that fair enough?

Yup, you've demonstrated yet another layer of stupidity. You're like an ogre, and an onion, and a donkey, all that the same time. Well done. How is it you have the mental capacity to fly, and yet fail to grasp otherwise simplistic concepts? Is it that you're actually just 14, with a little model of an airplane, spouting the gibberish you hear your unemployed dad rant about for the few hours he's home between binges?

Who the fuck still bitches about AIDS? The 80's called, they want their ignorance back.

emacknight
10-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Which really makes me wonder, are there sane conservatives? What is this shit?

The Tooth
10-18-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm willing to pitch in, sure; I'm a nice guy, a swell egg. As for you, who cares? Are you under the impression your opinion deserves consideration? Do we owe it to you? What have you done to deserve being listened to?

I understand you don't want to pay for something, but I don't understand why anyone should care what you want. Please explain what you've done to earn my consideration or that of anyone here, for that matter. Why do you think your being inconvenienced matters to anyone but you?

I'll never understand libertarians who think total strangers owe them an ear, or the time of day, or anything at all, when all they can talk about is how other people don't deserve what libertarians feel they haven't earned. Why should anyone else care about what you want?

You should contribute to the health care of others anyway. They benefit from it, and the only person inconvenienced is you. Your being inconvenienced doesn't affect me at all, so there's no problem. I'm not sure why I should care if you think it's fair or not.

elucidator
10-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Which really makes me wonder, are there sane conservatives? What is this shit?

Calling these positions conservative is like saying Trotsky was a lliberal.

Biffy the Elephant Shrew
10-18-2010, 11:07 PM

That's who. Objective case. Nom d'un chien! Sacre Bleu! La plume de ma tante!!!

BrainGlutton
10-18-2010, 11:18 PM

Sometimes their wives don't. Should their wives die?

Robot Arm
10-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Get rid of the FAA completely? No. Perhaps change a few things, if it were up to me, but, the FAA actually does a pretty good job of what they're doing, and they don't hassle us. They seem genuinely concerned about air safety,...So what makes you think other government agencies don't support their fields as effectively as the FAA supports yours? You seem anxious to end regulation of everyone else's business, but not those that let your business exist.

The NTSB? They can scrap it, for all I care. I don't really care that much why planes crash.You cared enough to cite the causes of air crashes earlier in this thread. (Or mis-cite them, as the case may be.) If you're concerned about safety, isn't finding the cause causes of past crashes instrumental in preventing future ones?

kaylasdad99
10-19-2010, 01:02 AM
Bored now.

Snowboarder Bo
10-19-2010, 01:09 AM

Federal control of aviation began in 1926.

<gasp!>

Another lie??? Who would have thought it? I'm shocked- shocked I tell you!

Or maybe, Morella, you expect us to believe you're over 90 years old? :rolleyes:

Fear Itself
10-19-2010, 06:52 AM
What does the popular election have to do with anything? Do you believe that people who live in a few areas of urban sprawl (the "blue" areas) should be allowed to tell the whole rest of the country (the "red" areas) what to do?Since the blue areas are paying more taxes than the red areas, isn't that the libertarian way?

ElvisL1ves
10-19-2010, 09:50 AM

Because that's where the people are, fool. We have a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. Not of/by/for dirt. :rolleyes::p

Really Not All That Bright
10-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Well, yes. Our system is set up to ensure that people are represented, rather than land.

I must admit that it had not previously occurred to me how thoughtless the Founders were in this regard, not to mention our forefathers in England. Thank you for opening my eyes.
Nobody "gets AIDS". Some people get HIV, which typically develops into AIDS.

About 35,000 people a year in the US (http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm), approximately one third of whom are heterosexual, contract HIV.

42fish
10-19-2010, 11:44 AM

Federal control of aviation began in 1926.

In all fairness to Morella, if I'd been running an aviation business for 85 years and done so poorly at it that I had to personally put in 30-hours days to keep it afloat, I'd be cranky too.

emacknight
10-19-2010, 11:49 AM
In all fairness to Morella, if I'd been running an aviation business for 85 years and done so poorly at it that I had to personally put in 30-hours days to keep it afloat, I'd be cranky too.

Sure, but if it wasn't for taxes he/she/it/il/elle/nous/vous would only have to work 28 hours a day.

ElvisL1ves
10-19-2010, 11:51 AM

No, Frank's right, it was an Agency until its renaming in 1967.

ElvisL1ves
10-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Because I've been flying since long before the Golden Age of Government Control began, and I know these things. I'm not going to go into any more detail than that.

IOW, "I was flying for a long time before they caught me and made me get a license." :p

BrainGlutton
10-19-2010, 12:30 PM

Do you believe a given person's vote should count any different based on where he/she lives?

villa
10-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Do you believe a given person's vote should count any different based on where he/she lives?

Well it already does - especially for the Senate.

I get the feeling though that dear Morella would bring in a whole swathe of new ways of distinguishing between the value of different people's votes.

Shot From Guns
10-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. Schrodinger's troll.

No, that would be if she were both a troll and not a troll, but only while we weren't looking at her. At which point we'd know for sure she isn't a troll, because the entire point of trolling is to get attention. Congratulations; you just made the universe explode.

What the fuck is wrong with our society?

Willfull ignorance.

What if, instead, I took the $1,000 and paid someone to move freight with it?

If the freight needs to get moved, it will get moved anyway. Meanwhile, the government takes all of the money it collects and does the things that we can't do individually.

Just to set the record straight, it looks just as much like a taco to me as it does to you guys...

Oh, a failed SRS. Sorry. I guess being a self-loathing trans woman explains your hatred of gay men.

Do you know actually know what HIV/AIDS is?

That's the one you get from spitting on a toilet seat after a fag has made a glory hole to the next stall, right?

Personally, I'd think of you as a 糞っ垂れ. For the kids playing along at home, it means literally something like "person with shit hanging off their asshole."

The US has unlimited class mobility, and so anyone can make it here.

Yes, when we're all granted our own fairy brigade at the age of 12, to train up to help run the unicorn farms we get a share in on our 21st birthdays.

Do you believe that people who live in a few areas of urban sprawl (the "blue" areas) should be allowed to tell the whole rest of the country (the "red" areas) what to do?

Yeah, who the hell decided that each person should get a vote, instead of each acre? That's just retarded.

There was, in fact, in very recent history, a period when the red areas were telling the blue areas what to do. Popular elections decided that.

A big part of that was the responsibility of the electoral college, not the popular vote.

Bored now.

Please, please, please tell me there will be flaying.

Or maybe, Morella, you expect us to believe you're over 90 years old? :rolleyes:

Hey, life has been hard since they started giving white men's rights to those uppity Negros.

irae
10-20-2010, 04:12 PM

If there are more people in the small blue areas, then yeah. Are you trying to get acres the vote?

Morella
10-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Yes. When it comes to items controlled by the Feds, the Federal government controls, and Kansas is just going to have to deal with it. Just like New York dealt with a Federal government that demanded things it didn't agree with.

That's life, that the way it goes, and that's what elections decide.

Fortunately, the Founding Fathers were a little smarter than you are. They realized that what is right for the "people" in one state might not be right for the "people" in another. They also understood the threat of a federal government that would grow bigger than it should and usurp power from the states, which is we we have the Constitution, to limit the power of the federal government. It is government according to the Constitution that the Tea Party wants to restore, and, on that note, I am in agreement with them.

villa
10-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Fortunately, the Founding Fathers were a little smarter than you are. They realized that what is right for the "people" in one state might not be right for the "people" in another. They also understood the threat of a federal government that would grow bigger than it should and usurp power from the states, which is we we have the Constitution, to limit the power of the federal government. It is government according to the Constitution that the Tea Party wants to restore, and, on that note, I am in agreement with them.

Given most tea baggers I have met, and your opinions, I'd actually agree with this. I think they and you want to restore government according to the original Constitution, without those pesky amendments (especially the 13th through 15th).

Morella
10-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Yup, you've demonstrated yet another layer of stupidity. You're like an ogre, and an onion, and a donkey, all that the same time. Well done. How is it you have the mental capacity to fly, and yet fail to grasp otherwise simplistic concepts? Is it that you're actually just 14, with a little model of an airplane, spouting the gibberish you hear your unemployed dad rant about for the few hours he's home between binges?

Actually, it doesn't take much of a brain to fly. Some of the stupidest people I've ever met were airline pilots.

Who the fuck still bitches about AIDS?

As long as I don't have to pay for it, j'en ai rien a foutre, moi. Let 'em screw around.

Morella
10-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Given most tea baggers I have met, and your opinions, I'd actually agree with this. I think they and you want to restore government according to the original Constitution, without those pesky amendments (especially the 13th through 15th).

Name three tea baggers you have met, and what they said that gave you the idea that they want to go back to slavery.

Shot From Guns
10-21-2010, 02:28 PM
is government according to the Constitution that the Tea Party wants to restore, and, on that note, I am in agreement with them.

Except for all those bits of the Constitution that they don't like. Such as fags being treated like human beings. Oops.

Please share with us, in detail, what parts of the Constitution are currently being violated.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Hey, look who's back, with a whole lot of extra time to spend on an internet message board.

Morella
10-21-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm willing to pitch in, sure; I'm a nice guy, a swell egg. As for you, who cares? Are you under the impression your opinion deserves consideration? Do we owe it to you? What have you done to deserve being listened to?

As much as you have, I suppose.

I'll never understand libertarians who think total strangers owe them an ear, or the time of day, or anything at all, when all they can talk about is how other people don't deserve what libertarians feel they haven't earned. Why should anyone else care about what you want?

For one thing, someone might want to be employed, and I am an employer. I hear a lot of bitching from liberals about "why aren't there any jobs?", yet, when the question is answered, they don't want to hear it. The money to pay the employees went to taxes...that is your answer.

You should contribute to the health care of others anyway.

Yes, and you should build me a new house, because I believe that everyone has the right to free housing. Get your ass busy and pick up a shovel...we're pouring the foundation tomorrow.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Yes, and you should build me a new house, because I believe that everyone has the right to free housing. Get your ass busy and pick up a shovel...we're pouring the foundation tomorrow.

So you're okay with getting rid of the mortgage interest deduction?

villa
10-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Name three tea baggers you have met, and what they said that gave you the idea that they want to go back to slavery.

Well, for one, their complete lack of a sense of humor was apparent.

I've met plenty of tea baggers when they come up to clog up the streets of my metropolitan area. Such is their right. But they have expressed displeasure with government involvement in the civil rights arena. Equal Protection seems to be something tea baggers, Neo Nazis, birthers, John Birchers, Ditto Heads and other assorted clowns aren't a big fan of.

Bosstone
10-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Name three tea baggers you have met, and what they said that gave you the idea that they want to go back to slavery.Do you realize how dumb this post is?

The three teabaggers I've met are John Smith, Nancy Stuebens, and Paul Huzagudkitty. Prove me wrong.

Morella
10-21-2010, 02:38 PM
That's who. Objective case. Nom d'un chien! Sacre Bleu! La plume de ma tante!!!

Geez, and I thought I had finally learned English well enough to communicate with blue-collar liberals. Ta tante dit se faire régulièrement baiser par tous les trous, en sandwich à sec. Et ton chien aussi, espèce de mouille.

Shot From Guns
10-21-2010, 02:40 PM
If Morella realized how dumb her posts were, she wouldn't be here.

Also, go to hell. I'll say to you what I said to villa: no fair making me laugh when I have to pee. Now I need to get on my hunter, tame a new cat, and name it Huzagudkitty. :(

villa
10-21-2010, 02:41 PM
I know it is crazy and kinda "out there" but wouldn't the sensible solution be to stop posting for three minutes and go pee?

Morella
10-21-2010, 02:47 PM
So what makes you think other government agencies don't support their fields as effectively as the FAA supports yours? You seem anxious to end regulation of everyone else's business, but not those that let your business exist.

Actually, most of my business is in motor freight. I got a call from a driver last night. One of his axles was 1000# overweight. Now I'm sure that someone here thinks that this driver deserves to give up hundreds of dollars of his hard-earned money for committing such a transgression to the people's motorway, paid for with Obama money (not IFTA taxes, of course), but...

He was required by the customer to drive 200 miles without stopping, because he was carrying a high-value load, and

The customer did not have a scale.

So what is wrong with the government giving him a ticket for having an axle overweight? They made him slide his tandems and reweigh. The scale had an outside display that could have told him how much the axle needed to be moved, but they had it switched off. They refused to tell him which axle was overweight, or give him any of the information that led them to believe that he has committed a violation, yet, he was required to move the tandems and reweigh. Why? Because if an axle was overweight on the reweigh, the fine would be doubled. This tells me that the DOT (FAA excluded) does not give a flying fuck about safety. What they care about is taking money away from people who work hard for it.

I paid this driver's ticket. I am probably one of the few carriers who would do that, but he is a good man, and I can afford it more easily than he can. The DOT is more in line with other government agencies that I deal with, like EPA, IRS, etc., which exist mainly to extort money from people.

You cared enough to cite the causes of air crashes earlier in this thread. (Or mis-cite them, as the case may be.) If you're concerned about safety, isn't finding the cause causes of past crashes instrumental in preventing future ones?

In some situations, yes, but not in mine. I can't explain it to you because you don't have the background to understand what I'm talking about. Besides, it is a moot point, because the NTSB was someone else's example, not mine.

Morella
10-21-2010, 02:51 PM
<gasp!>

What in the fuck are you babbling about?

Hamlet
10-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Do you realize how dumb this post is?

The three teabaggers I've met are John Smith, Nancy Stuebens, and Paul Huzagudkitty. Prove me wrong.You know Paul? We went to school together back in the day. God, the times we had playing with a ball of string.

Good times. Good times.

Morella
10-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Since the blue areas are paying more taxes than the red areas, isn't that the libertarian way?

I don't know, Moperator, I'm not a libertarian, but people are allowed to vote whether they pay taxes or not. It has been argued that 47% of Americans pay no income taxes at all, and I will just venture to guess that the majority of them live in those blue areas of urban sprawl, so I really doubt that you have a point here.

Bosstone
10-21-2010, 02:58 PM
I don't know, Moperator, I'm not a libertarian, but people are allowed to vote whether they pay taxes or not. It has been argued that 47% of Americans pay no income taxes at all, and I will just venture to guess that the majority of them live in those blue areas of urban sprawl, so I really doubt that you have a point here.Ah, truthiness. When reality (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_tax_revenue_by_state) just doesn't fit with what you want to believe, go with what your gut tells you instead.

10-21-2010, 02:59 PM
I don't know, Moperator, I'm not a libertarian, but people are allowed to vote whether they pay taxes or not. It has been argued that 47% of Americans pay no income taxes at all, and I will just venture to guess that the majority of them live in those blue areas of urban sprawl, so I really doubt that you have a point here.
Doubtful. (http://psweb.sbs.ohio-state.edu/faculty/hweisberg/conference/lacy-osuconf.pdf) Of course, you've handwaved away or simply ignored every other citation you've been offered.

Morella
10-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Well, yes. Our system is set up to ensure that people are represented, rather than land

Yes, and people live in states, and states are supposed to be able to govern themselves, except where the federal government has its unumerated powers, not one of which is to force us to pay for government retirement or health care. Enter, the Tea Party, which wants to return us to constitutional government.

Nobody "gets AIDS". Some people get HIV, which typically develops into AIDS.

OK, let me ask you something. If you were coughing your lungs out with pnuemonia and breaking out in purple sores, would ye give a flying fuck whether or not you actually "got" AIDS, or HIV?

About 35,000 people a year in the US (http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm), approximately one third of whom are heterosexual, contract HIV.

And one-third of whom claim to be hetereosexual. The other two-thirds are smart enough not to bother lying about it.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Actually, most of my business is in motor freight. I got a call from a driver last night. One of his axles was 1000# overweight. Now I'm sure that someone here thinks that this driver deserves to give up hundreds of dollars of his hard-earned money for committing such a transgression to the people's motorway, paid for with Obama money (not IFTA taxes, of course), but...

He was required by the customer to drive 200 miles without stopping, because he was carrying a high-value load, and

The customer did not have a scale.

Well, so much for personal responsibility.

So you claim that you're in the business of motor freight, but you don't understand axle load and what it does to the roads?

You also loath the government, but at the same time expect them to provide scales and assistance free of charge?

Another swing and a miss.

Morella
10-21-2010, 03:05 PM

Where did you get the idea that I had been running any business for 85 years? Did it, perhaps, come from the expression "Golden Age of Government Control"? That was a reference to urine testing, which obviously went over some heads.

Also, "flying" !=> "running an aviation business".

!=> is a way of writing "does not imply", for those of you who have not taken first-year philosophy or discreet mathematics. Some of you here could definitely use a lesson in logic.

Morella
10-21-2010, 03:07 PM
<gasp!>

See my previous post.

Tom Scud
10-21-2010, 03:09 PM
discreet mathematics

Awesome.

The Weird One
10-21-2010, 03:15 PM
And one-third of whom claim to be hetereosexual. The other two-thirds are smart enough not to bother lying about it.
:dubious: So you don't believe that straight people get HIV?

And why are you so opposed to paying specifically for AIDS? There are other diseases, too.

Shot From Guns
10-21-2010, 03:15 PM
I know it is crazy and kinda "out there" but wouldn't the sensible solution be to stop posting for three minutes and go pee?

I was waiting for a reply to an email. I've peed now, though, so you're all clear to be funny again.

villa
10-21-2010, 03:16 PM

And why are you so opposed to paying specifically for AIDS? There are other diseases, too.

It is pretty much unprovable. If anyone who gets HIV says they are straight, they are actually lying and are gay. Prove it to me otherwise.

Even those hemophiliacs and others who received tainted blood transfusions were probably taking it up the ass on the side.

villa
10-21-2010, 03:17 PM
I was waiting for a reply to an email. I've peed now, though, so you're all clear to be funny again.

I'm all humored out, sorry. But I do need to pee as well.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm all humored out, sorry. But I do need to pee as well.

Careful you don't get the AIDS.

villa
10-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Well I wasn't planning on having gay sex, but I guess I will wear a rubber in case. Not sure how I am going to pee though.

Morella
10-21-2010, 03:31 PM

Well, let's stop and think about what is good for the nation, and why the Founding Fathers set things up the way they did.

In urban areas, where the majority of people are concentrated, what are the people's priorities? Finding food that someone else grows and processes, finding water that someone else purifies, having police there to help when they're needed, and not there at every other time, having electricity that someone else generates, sewer service as long as it goes somewhere else, trash services as long as it goes somewhere else, buying things like furniture, electronics, and computers that are made somewhere else...there's a start.

Now, if the majority of people, who live in the city, control the government, who represents the people who grow and process the food, purify the water, protect and serve the people, generate the electricity, process the sewage, dump the trash, and work in the factories? Personne, mon ami. That's why everything is all fucked up.

Shot From Guns
10-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Well I wasn't planning on having gay sex, but I guess I will wear a rubber in case. Not sure how I am going to pee though.

Everyone knows that condoms don't prevent AIDS. So just poke a hole in one end.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 03:34 PM
...buying things like furniture, electronics, and computers that are made somewhere else...there's a start.

And shipped to them by truck...

Jack Batty
10-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Even those hemophiliacs and others who received tainted blood transfusions were probably taking it up the ass on the side.

Hemophiliacs have asses on their sides?

Morella
10-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Except for all those bits of the Constitution that they don't like. Such as fags being treated like human beings. Oops.

I don't recall any mention of homosexuals in the Constitution, nor do I think that it is fair to attribute the stupid comments of one person to an entire group of people.

Please share with us, in detail, what parts of the Constitution are currently being violated.

Anything that Congress does, that it does not have the power to do, is a violation of the Constitution. If you don't understand that, then you need to further your education before we can discuss it. Obamacare, social security, medicare, the Department of Energy, are a good start. This discussion is going to get very large, and very boring, if I try to bring up everything the government is doing that it should not be, so let's start with these four things. Please, tell me which enumerated power justifies them.

Shot From Guns
10-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Anything that Congress does, that it does not have the power to do, is a violation of the Constitution. [...] Obamacare, social security, medicare, the Department of Energy, are a good start.

Please enumerate why you believe that Congress does not have the power to do these things.

Morella
10-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Do you realize how dumb this post is?

The three teabaggers I've met are John Smith, Nancy Stuebens, and Paul Huzagudkitty. Prove me wrong.

It is every bit as dumb as saying, "All of the tea baggers I've met feel this way", which was exactly my point. Stupid comment deserves a stupid response.

villa
10-21-2010, 03:52 PM
It is every bit as dumb as saying, "All of the tea baggers I've met feel this way", which was exactly my point. Stupid comment deserves a stupid response.

Cite for where I said "all of the tea baggers I've met feel this way" you lying whore.

Morella
10-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Ah, truthiness. When reality (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_tax_revenue_by_state) just doesn't fit with what you want to believe, go with what your gut tells you instead.

Your link provides no information whatsoever about what percentage of people pay taxes.

10-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Ah, so you are a complete fucking idiot. Goodbye.

Bosstone
10-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Your link provides no information whatsoever about what percentage of people pay taxes.No, but it does point out that blue states tend to pay a hell of a lot more in federal tax per person than red. Which means this:I will just venture to guess that the majority of them live in those blue areas of urban sprawl, so I really doubt that you have a point here.is irrelevant even if true, and most likely BS.

Shot From Guns
10-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Ah, so you are a complete fucking idiot.

It took you until just then to figure it out? Really? Really?

P.S. I invited Bricker to come play with the claims of various things being unconstitutional. I really hope he shows up.

Jack Batty
10-21-2010, 04:02 PM
I'd guess the percentage of people who don't pay taxes is way over 47%. I mean look at all those children running around all over the place. I'll bet you not one of those fucking free loaders has ever even filled out a W2 let alone filed an income tax return.

And don't get me going on the severely handicapped.

Morella
10-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Well, so much for personal responsibility.

So you claim that you're in the business of motor freight, but you don't understand axle load and what it does to the roads?

That wasn't the point of my message, but if you can't respond to my point, OK, we can argue this instead. Why don't you enlighten me? Explain what 35,000 over the tandems does to the roads in 200 miles of driving, and why this hard-working driver should have been forced to pay for a ticket?

I assume that if you had a reason why the highwaymen at the scales should feel implelled to try to double this driver's fine by withholding the documentation of his accusation, you would have responded to that, so I'll show you some pity and let you slide on that part of it. Consider it your sympathy fuck for the day.

You also loath the government, but at the same time expect them to provide scales and assistance free of charge?

That's like saying, "You loath the government, yet you expect the prosecutor to produce evidence when he charges you with a crime"?

Lobohan
10-21-2010, 04:08 PM
I know there are non-stupid conservatives out there. But why don't they ever come here?

Morella
10-21-2010, 04:10 PM

I'm opposed to government control of health care, not specifically paying for it, but that's beside the point.

The paradox is, the homos want the government to pay for AIDS, but they don't want the government to tell them that they can't have anal sex with each other. I'm saying that they can't "have it both ways", so to speak.

Bosstone
10-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Wow.

Morella
10-21-2010, 04:15 PM

I am reminded of a government-sponsored medical advertisement in which we were told that women should urinate both before and after sex. Ouais, ça te bande, n'est-ce pas? Your tax dollars at work.

villa
10-21-2010, 04:16 PM
I am reminded of a government-sponsored medical advertisement in which we were told that women should urinate both before and after sex. Ouais, ça te bande, n'est-ce pas? Your tax dollars at work.

Found that cite yet, you lying whore?

Morella
10-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Please enumerate why you believe that Congress does not have the power to do these things.

Please disprove a negative.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 04:17 PM
That wasn't the point of my message, but if you can't respond to my point, OK, we can argue this instead. Why don't you enlighten me? Explain what 35,000 over the tandems does to the roads in 200 miles of driving,

It degrades the roads at a faster rate than planned, costing more money in repairs. Money that the state and federal government ends up having to pay. Unless you think highways are an unconstitutional abuse of federal powers?

and why this hard-working driver should have been forced to pay for a ticket?

Because he broke the law. If he was speeding because the client wanted it there faster, it would still be his fault. We have a society with rules, the driver failed to follow those rules.

I'd tell you more, but it's very complicated, and you wouldn't understand.

Morella
10-21-2010, 04:17 PM
I know there are non-stupid conservatives out there. But why don't they ever come here?

Because there aren't any non-stupid liberals here to argue with.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Please disprove a negative.

And we've reached a new low.

Morella
10-21-2010, 04:19 PM
I'd tell you more, but it's very complicated, and you wouldn't understand.

If you want to make it more complicated, try responding to my original post, not the part that you plucked out to change the context.

Lobohan
10-21-2010, 04:20 PM
I am reminded of a government-sponsored medical advertisement in which we were told that women should urinate both before and after sex. Ouais, ça te bande, n'est-ce pas? Your tax dollars at work.Do you piss during? I suppose it would distract from your powerful stupid.

Lobohan
10-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Because there aren't any non-stupid liberals here to argue with.If you ignore facts and cites and simply restate your premise, you aren't really debating.

You're just an angry, ignorant old bitch. But I have to admit, it is entrancing seeing you try to keep up.

Morella
10-21-2010, 04:25 PM
If you ignore facts and cites and simply restate your premise, you aren't really debating.

I ignore facts that don't support an argument, except for the few cases in which I've pointed out that they don't. As an example, posting a link to revenue by state does not refute the suggestion that only 47% of Americans pay income tax.

You're just an angry, ignorant old bitch.

What, me angry? Look at all of the personal insults I keep receiving, and ignoring. Who sounds angry around here?

But I have to admit, it is entrancing seeing you try to keep up.

To keep up with what? You? *laugh*

Cisco
10-21-2010, 04:26 PM
You're just an angry, ignorant old bitch.
Are we still assuming that Morella is female? I'm having trouble with that.

Did he/she ever explicitly claim to be a woman? Sure, he/she hates the gays, but also used the term "diaperhead" earlier, and kinda/sorta claimed to be middle-eastern (at least to the same extent that he/she claimed to be female.)

Fear Itself
10-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Because there aren't any non-stupid liberals here to argue with.Can you name any liberals whom you admire for their intellect?

Morella
10-21-2010, 04:29 PM
No, but it does point out that blue states tend to pay a hell of a lot more in federal tax per person than red. Which means this:is irrelevant even if true, and most likely BS.

If they pay more, it is because businesses are headquartered there. It does not mean that the majority of people in the blue areas pay more income tax, which, you and I both know, is nonsense. People are allowed to vote whether they pay tax or not, and that, not the total amount of revenue collected, is the point.

Lobohan
10-21-2010, 04:31 PM
I ignore facts that don't support an argument, except for the few cases in which I've pointed out that they don't. As an example, posting a link to revenue by state does not refute the suggestion that only 47% of Americans pay income tax.You ignore things that do not fit the narrative that you've decided to internalize. But since you're stupid enough to think that shooting illegal aliens is an intelligent policy plan, I suspect that you simply are unable to do any better.

What, me angry? Look at all of the personal insults I keep receiving, and ignoring. Who sounds angry around here?You sound angry. You sound like an angry old failure that can't cut it in her/his business and flails around blaming the government for her/his stumbles.

Instead of bitching about the government or taxes, why not build a comfortable life and take responsibility for your future?

To keep up with what? You? *laugh*I've stopped trying to argue with you when I realized that you have no intention of even trying to be an honest debater.

Bosstone
10-21-2010, 04:32 PM
If they pay more, it is because businesses are headquartered there. It does not mean that the majority of people in the blue areas pay more income tax, which, you and I both know, is nonsense.It's easy to be right when you just make shit up, isn't it?

Morella
10-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Are we still assuming that Morella is female? I'm having trouble with that.

Did he/she ever explicitly claim to be a woman? Sure, he/she hates the gays, but also used the term "diaperhead" earlier, and kinda/sorta claimed to be middle-eastern (at least to the same extent that he/she claimed to be female.)

When did I say that I hated gays? Although it was mostly ignored, aside from one comment that did not merit a response, I suggested that I might enjoy eating pussy.

If you want to argue for or against something that I said, or something that I am, your argument will be worth more if you stick to what I actually said, not what you think I said, and not what you wish that I had said because it would make it easier for you to win an argument (the strawman).

If you don't understand something that I say, as in the "Golden Age of Government Control" comment, you are welcome to ask for clarification. At this point, I can assure you, there is no point in worrying that I'm going to think you are stupid. That bridge has been crossed.

Starving Artist
10-21-2010, 04:36 PM
I know there are non-stupid conservatives out there. But why don't they ever come here?They do, but you call them stupid. Invariably. And more will come, and you will call them stupid. Invariably. Rinse and repeat, ad infinitum.

Given your unfailing propensity for calling everyone you disagree with "stupid", or a "moron", or variations thereof, I'd be keenly interested to know your I.Q. and/or level of educational acheivement. You know, something that would give us at least a hint as to your standing or qualifications to declare so many people stupid...because, you know, your posts themselves fall waaay short.

:)

Morella
10-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Can you name any liberals whom you admire for their intellect?

Can you name any conservatives whom you admire for their intellect?

Actually, you make a good point. People disagree for a lot of reasons, and very seldom do these reasons have anything to do with someone being less intelligent than anyone else. Assuming that someone is not intelligent because they do not agree is a sign of immaturity.

Cisco
10-21-2010, 04:39 PM
When did I say that I hated gays? Although it was mostly ignored, aside from one comment that did not merit a response, I suggested that I might enjoy eating pussy.

If you want to argue for or against something that I said, or something that I am, your argument will be worth more if you stick to what I actually said, not what you think I said, and not what you wish that I had said because it would make it easier for you to win an argument (the strawman).

If you don't understand something that I say, as in the "Golden Age of Government Control" comment, you are welcome to ask for clarification. At this point, I can assure you, there is no point in worrying that I'm going to think you are stupid. That bridge has been crossed.

What is your sex and race?

Morella
10-21-2010, 04:41 PM
They do, but you call them stupid. Invariably. And more will come, and you will call them stupid. Invariably. Rinse and repeat, ad infinitum.

Given your unfailing propensity for calling everyone you disagree with "stupid", or a "moron", or variations thereof, I'd be keenly interested to know your I.Q. and/or level of educational acheivement. You know, something that would give us at least a hint as to your standing or qualifications to declare so many people stupid...because, you know, your posts themselves fall waaay short.

Please, quote all of the instances in which I have accused people of being stupid for disagreeing with me. Take out the ones in which I was only responding in kind, and you will have a very large negative number. And see my previous post.

Morella
10-21-2010, 04:42 PM
What is your sex and race?

That wasn't so difficult, was it? Female, and mixed.

villa
10-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Found that cite to what you claimed I said, you lying whore?

Lobohan
10-21-2010, 04:43 PM
They do, but you call them stupid. Invariably. And more will come, and you will call them stupid. Invariably. Rinse and repeat, ad infinitum.I only call people stupid who do stupid things. Disagree with me all you want. I want disagreements. Ignore facts to support your "gut instinct" and I'll call you stupid.

Given your unfailing propensity for calling everyone you disagree with "stupid", or a "moron", or variations thereof, I'd be keenly interested to know your I.Q. and/or level of educational acheivement. You know, something that would give us at least a hint as to your standing or qualifications to declare so many people stupid...because, you know, your posts themselves fall waaay short.There are people in this very thread that are more educated than me. That doesn't mean they can't hold stupid ideas. For instance, thinking that liberals have been working to destroy society for the last fifty years is a stupid idea. And anyone seriously holding it is simply unable to think hard enough to gain a reasonable view of reality.

Surely we can both agree about that, right?

Lobohan
10-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Assuming that someone is not intelligent because they do not agree is a sign of immaturity.However, assuming someone is not intelligent because they think that illegal aliens should be shot is perfectly reasonable. It's a sign that they can't model situations in a remotely realistic manner. It's a cartoon view of reality that bespeaks an inability to think hard or deep.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 04:48 PM
They do, but you call them stupid. Invariably. And more will come, and you will call them stupid. Invariably. Rinse and repeat, ad infinitum.

Holy shit, I knew he'd show up. It's like blood in the water. A conservative is in trouble and Starving Artist rushes in to complain about name calling.

For the record, this is the start of what the evil liberals think of as stupid:

Religion is total bullshit, and should be abolished.
The EPA and most other regulatory agencies should be abolished.
All prescription drugs should be freely available to adults. No drugs should be illegal.
Gays should not be allowed to legally marry, but they can do anything else they want to do, as long as the government doesn't have to pay the bill for their AIDS.
Antitrust regulations should be toughened.
No American company should be allowed to use foreign labor.
Any person living in this country illegally should be shot.
Welfare, public education, and social security should be abolished.
No free health care, for anyone.

Does any party align with all of these ideas? No. I will vote conservative, despite the fact that I obviously disagree with much of the conservative agenda, because it is the lesser of all of the evils. I won't hate black people, and I won't praise Jesus, whether the party that I have chosen to vote for does or not. That's what we all have to do...pick our side. It's not a perfect world.

Are you really suggesting that we can't call that stupid?

emacknight
10-21-2010, 04:50 PM
However, assuming someone is not intelligent because they think that illegal aliens should be shot is perfectly reasonable. It's a sign that they can't model situations in a remotely realistic manner. It's a cartoon view of reality that bespeaks an inability to think hard or deep.

Don't forget the shit about gays and AIDS. That was 1980's stupid. Next she'll bitch about the Russians.

Morella
10-21-2010, 04:53 PM
I only call people stupid who do stupid things. Disagree with me all you want. I want disagreements. Ignore facts to support your "gut instinct" and I'll call you stupid.

There are people in this very thread that are more educated than me. That doesn't mean they can't hold stupid ideas. For instance, thinking that liberals have been working to destroy society for the last fifty years is a stupid idea. And anyone seriously holding it is simply unable to think hard enough to gain a reasonable view of reality.

Surely we can both agree about that, right?

As it is stated, not necessarily, because there are liberals who believe in a cause, and there are people who take advantage of them. I think that most liberals are good-hearted people who want to build a better world, but, their idea of what a better world is is different than mine, and the world that they want to build is not realistic.

To complicate matters further, there is a threat that the Founding Fathers knew of all too well, which is the threat of a big government, and there are many people, within Big Business and Professional Politics, who are counting on the liberal vote to further their goals in that direction.

There is another problem as well, which is racism. The racists who make up the Democratic Party prey on the good feelings and intentions of the feeble-minded to support their racist agenda. Did you know that Civil Rights was filibustered by the Democratic Party in 1964, and that many Democratic Party officials have been high-ranking members of the Ku Klux Klan? Unfortunately, these racists are not the simple-minded rednecks of the past. They have become more sophisticated, and learned how to hide. They try to hide their racism by accusing others of practicing it, much as people who have homosexual feelings often try to hide them by calling other people gay. It's transparent to me, but a lot of people buy into it.

I consider myself a middle of the roader, mostly because people who are fanatical in any direction, religious, political, or whatever, come across as stupid, and they bore me.

Morella
10-21-2010, 05:00 PM
You ignore things that do not fit the narrative that you've decided to internalize. But since you're stupid enough to think that shooting illegal aliens is an intelligent policy plan, I suspect that you simply are unable to do any better.

Again, let's argue about what I've said, not what you think I said, or what you wish I said. I did not say that shooting anyone was an intelligent policy plan.

You sound angry. You sound like an angry old failure that can't cut it in her/his business and flails around blaming the government for her/his stumbles.

I don't know where you got that idea. I'm doing better than most business the size of mine, which is not very big. I used my business only as an example of why taxes should be lowered. What is true for my business is true for any other...lower our taxes and we can hire more people. Lower taxes boost the economy, and will bring in more tax revenue in the long run. This has always been true, yet there are still idiots who believe that they can tax our way out of a recession. Bush/Obama are two of these idiots.

You, and others here, have gone off on many tangents trying to discredit what I said, and I have gone along with it, mostly for amusement value, but my original point has never been refuted. Lower my taxes, and I'll hire someone, if that person can make me money. Only a fool would not do that.

Lobohan
10-21-2010, 05:04 PM
As it is stated, not necessarily, because there are liberals who believe in a cause, and there are people who take advantage of them. I think that most liberals are good-hearted people who want to build a better world, but, their idea of what a better world is is different than mine, and the world that they want to build is not realistic.It is more realistic than a world where illegal aliens are shot.

To complicate matters further, there is a threat that the Founding Fathers knew of all too well, which is the threat of a big government, and there are many people, within Big Business and Professional Politics, who are counting on the liberal vote to further their goals in that direction.Big Government is a mindless platitude that doesn't mean anything. Some regulations are necessary. It is cheaper to throw pollution into streams. Businesses will do it unless a regulation says they can't. So if you want your children to have unpolluted streams some level of environmental regulation is necessary. The exact number and amount of regulations is what we should be having the argument about, not some silly bullshit idea about abolishing the EPA.

There is another problem as well, which is racism. The racists who make up the Democratic Party prey on the good feelings and intentions of the feeble-minded to support their racist agenda. Did you know that Civil Rights was filibustered by the Democratic Party in 1964, and that many Democratic Party officials have been high-ranking members of the Ku Klux Klan? Unfortunately, these racists are not the simple-minded rednecks of the past. They have become more sophisticated, and learned how to hide. They try to hide their racism by accusing others of practicing it, much as people who have homosexual feelings often try to hide them by calling other people gay. It's transparent to me, but a lot of people buy into it.You're a fucking tool. Look up the Southern Strategy and inform yourself about the last fifty years of history for fuck sake.

Cliff's Notes: The racist Democrats became Republicans. That's why the Pubs own the South now. Srsly. Look it up.

I consider myself a middle of the roader, mostly because people who are fanatical in any direction, religious, political, or whatever, come across as stupid, and they bore me.You aren't middle of the road. You're an idiot.

Jack Batty
10-21-2010, 05:08 PM
I think, "the homos want the government to pay for AIDS" would make a great sig line.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 05:11 PM
What is true for my business is true for any other...lower our taxes and we can hire more people. Lower taxes boost the economy, and will bring in more tax revenue in the long run. This has always been true, yet there are still idiots who believe that they can tax our way out of a recession. Bush/Obama are two of these idiots.

The US has been running at a massive deficit. Lowering taxes would only make that worse. It most certainly NOT increase revenue, because it simply means more interest payments on the debt.

You claim to be a small business owner. Why not lower your prices? I heard that if you keep lowering your prices, you'll get more business, and then you'll have more revenue. What could possibly go wrong?

You, and others here, have gone off on many tangents trying to discredit what I said,

I assure you, you've done more to discredit yourself than anyone else here. Re: gays and AIDS

and I have gone along with it, mostly for amusement value, but my original point has never been refuted. Lower my taxes, and I'll hire someone, if that person can make me money. Only a fool would not do that.

This has been refuted over and over and over. And as it stands, only a fool would suggest such a thing. The kind of fool that still associates gays with AIDS, and would suggest shooting illegal aliens.

You claim to be in trucking, how significant is the cost of fuel to your ability to hire more staff? How about insurance rates? Are taxes really the only thing you have to bitch about?

Lobohan
10-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Again, let's argue about what I've said, not what you think I said, or what you wish I said. I did not say that shooting anyone was an intelligent policy plan.

I don't know where you got that idea. I'm doing better than most business the size of mine, which is not very big. I used my business only as an example of why taxes should be lowered. What is true for my business is true for any other...lower our taxes and we can hire more people. Lower taxes boost the economy, and will bring in more tax revenue in the long run. This has always been true, yet there are still idiots who believe that they can tax our way out of a recession. Bush/Obama are two of these idiots.

You, and others here, have gone off on many tangents trying to discredit what I said, and I have gone along with it, mostly for amusement value, but my original point has never been refuted. Lower my taxes, and I'll hire someone, if that person can make me money. Only a fool would not do that.Your taxes are a cost of doing business. Your competitors pay the same taxes. If your rates don't allow you to hire additional people to increase your profit, raise them.

If your competitors can out-compete you, the problem isn't your taxes. It's your business.

villa
10-21-2010, 05:12 PM
That was 1980's stupid.

Wow. 1980's stupid. Not just stupid but over gelled hair, bad clothes and shit music stupid.

That's a fierce condemnation.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 05:12 PM
I think, "the homos want the government to pay for AIDS" would make a great sig line.

Stop twisting her words to discredit her! That's such a liberal thing to do.

Lobohan
10-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Don't forget the shit about gays and AIDS. That was 1980's stupid. Next she'll bitch about the Russians.I bet Ronnie wouldn't let the gays steal healthcare for their butt-aids!

RonnieeEEE!!11one

Morella
10-21-2010, 05:20 PM
It is more realistic than a world where illegal aliens are shot.

I already pointed out that this was not realistic. This is where I part company with the liberals. I understand that there are some things that I want, that are not realistic, and that these things are not going to happen. Liberals try to get together and get the government to force people to do things, whether they are realistic or not.

Big Government is a mindless platitude that doesn't mean anything. Some regulations are necessary. It is cheaper to throw pollution into streams. Businesses will do it unless a regulation says they can't. So if you want your children to have unpolluted streams some level of environmental regulation is necessary. The exact number and amount of regulations is what we should be having the argument about, not some silly bullshit idea about abolishing the EPA.

I would love to abolish the EPA. We can have specific regulations about dumping toxic wastes without an EPA or, more recently, a Department of Energy, which is a contradiction in terms.

You aren't middle of the road. You're an idiot.

Yes, as is anyone else who disagrees with you. I get it.

Morella
10-21-2010, 05:28 PM
The US has been running at a massive deficit. Lowering taxes would only make that worse. It most certainly NOT increase revenue, because it simply means more interest payments on the debt.

In the short term, yes. I the long term, economic recovery brought about by lowered taxes would raise the tax revenue.

You claim to be a small business owner. Why not lower your prices? I heard that if you keep lowering your prices, you'll get more business, and then you'll have more revenue. What could possibly go wrong?

Obviously you don't understand how my business works. I have a broker who bids freight. Whether or now we get the freight depends on us having the equipment in the right place, and being competitive with other bidders. Fortunately, my broker is very good at what he does, nobody sits idle for more than a few hours, and my business is growing. It would grow more quickly, and I could hire more people, if my taxes were lowered.

I assure you, you've done more to discredit yourself than anyone else here. Re: gays and AIDS

All material on gays and AIDS is for amusement only, and most people here seem to be intelligent enough to be taking it as such.

This has been refuted over and over and over. And as it stands, only a fool would suggest such a thing. The kind of fool that still associates gays with AIDS, and would suggest shooting illegal aliens.

Umm...didn't we just determine that two-thirds of AIDS patients actually admitted to being homosexual?

You claim to be in trucking, how significant is the cost of fuel to your ability to hire more staff? How about insurance rates? Are taxes really the only thing you have to bitch about?

Bitching? Is that what we're here to do? If bitching is what you want, there are all sorts of things that I could bitch about. I was making a point about the effects of taxation on jobs, that's all.

Starving Artist
10-21-2010, 05:32 PM
I only call people stupid who do stupid things. Disagree with me all you want. I want disagreements. Ignore facts to support your "gut instinct" and I'll call you stupid.

There are people in this very thread that are more educated than me. That doesn't mean they can't hold stupid ideas. For instance, thinking that liberals have been working to destroy society for the last fifty years is a stupid idea.Certainly it is. Which is why no one I'm aware of has said such a thing.

Still, to say that liberals have inadvertently or unconcernedly ruined much of what was previously good about American society, and that as a consequence they have brought about many of many of the problems we face today, it would not be an inaccurate observation. ;)

Starving Artist
10-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Stop twisting her words to discredit her! That's such a liberal thing to do.QED

Morella
10-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Your taxes are a cost of doing business. Your competitors pay the same taxes. If your rates don't allow you to hire additional people to increase your profit, raise them.

If your competitors can out-compete you, the problem isn't your taxes. It's your business.

Taxes are bad for everyone. Competition has nothing to do with it. As I said, other businesses have the same issues that I do. My business is only one example that I used, to make the point, that...

IF TAXES ARE LOWER, BUSINESSES CAN AFFORD TO HIRE MORE PEOPLE

Got it?

Now, my business is shipping. The cost of shipping raises the cost of products, all products. Nearly everything that you buy arrives by truck, and most products are shipped around from one business to another during manufacture. The taxes that shippers pay are added to the total cost of goods produced, which makes it more difficult for a US manufacturor to compete with others, which means that many of them cannot stay in business and jobs are lost.

JOBS ARE LOST, BECAUSE OF HIGH TAXES

Because of the nature of shipping and manufacture, every tax ends up being a tax upon a tax, upon a tax.

I'm not saying that taxes are the only thing that causes jobs to be lost. Unions are a big problem as well, but lowering the taxes is the best "stimulus" we're going to get for the buck. Government programs to build roads, for instance, will only help improve things if there is going to be commerce using those roads, and the same taxes that build the roads are interfering with commerce. As much as I would like to have nicer roads (isn't my IFTA supposed to be used for that?), it's just another dumbassed idea.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 05:42 PM
In the short term, yes. I the long term, economic recovery brought about by lowered taxes would raise the tax revenue.

Prove it. Did it work for Bush 43 when he lowered taxes?

It would grow more quickly, and I could hire more people, if my taxes were lowered..

Of if you cut costs, charged more, increased demand... It seems that you're the one that doesn't understand your business.

All material on gays and AIDS is for amusement only, and most people here seem to be intelligent enough to be taking it as such..

It wasn't amusing. Particularly to those of us working in that field.

Umm...didn't we just determine that two-thirds of AIDS patients actually admitted to being homosexual?.

So what? Does that justify discriminatory policies? Do we use that fucked up excuse for logic in any other means?
smoking -> lung cancer
skiing -> knee injuries

Did you know that pilots are particularly susceptible to leukemia and skin cancer? Fuck them for their life style choice.

Turns out truck drivers have high rates of STIs and hepatitis C.

Bitching? Is that what we're here to do? If bitching is what you want, there are all sorts of things that I could bitch about. I was making a point about the effects of taxation on jobs, that's all.

You have failed to make that point.

Morella
10-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Wow. 1980's stupid. Not just stupid but over gelled hair, bad clothes and shit music stupid.

That's a fierce condemnation.

Ah, yes, the 80's...back when we still spent francs, and Les Rita Mitsouko were topping the charts with Marcia Beila. I'm still a big fan of Catherine Ringer, clothes and all, although I can't recall her ever having gelled the hair.

Fear Itself
10-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Lower taxes boost the economy...This has never been demonstrated in the last 80 years (http://www.slate.com/id/2245781/). If you have statistics that contradict that, bring 'em.

Morella
10-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Certainly it is. Which is why no one I'm aware of has said such a thing.

Still, to say that liberals have inadvertently or unconcernedly ruined much of what was previously good about American society, and that as a consequence they have brought about many of many of the problems we face today, it would not be an inaccurate observation. ;)

Do you remember the 60's, before the hippies were taken seriously? Back then, you dressed up nice to get onto an airplane, you could smoke, and drink, and in the bigger airplanes, you got real food. It was so sweet. You used to be able to go and buy a new car, you could choose between luxury and sportiness, and you could be proud of what you bought. These days, you have to buy a government-approved pinch-nose plastic jellybean, unless, like me, you choose to have your old 70's cars rebuilt. You didn't have to walk around on eggshells worrying about offending someone in the 60's. Movies didn't have to be socially acceptable. Romance was everywhere, and it was always between a man and a woman. "Gay" was a beautiful word, and "homosexual" was a mental illness. Children whose parents could not afford to keep them went to orphanages, where they were given a proper upbringing, instead of running loose in the streets, becoming criminals, subsidized by a welfare system.

Perhaps there will be a day when people say, "Do you remember how good it was in 2010?" but if that is true, life will have to really, really suck. I'm hoping for a better future than that. I believe that freedom can be returned, and that big government can be defeated, if we make the effort. It's going to start with this election. We're going to flip Obama the same shit that we gave Clinton during the first mid-term. Hopefully, the spirit will carry this time.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Taxes are bad for everyone.

<snip>

IF TAXES ARE LOWER, BUSINESSES CAN AFFORD TO HIRE MORE PEOPLE

<snip>

JOBS ARE LOST, BECAUSE OF HIGH TAXES

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not dumb enough to support deficit spending. You've shown that you're really fucking stupid, but let's hope you're not that stupid.

Taxes pay for stuff. If you weren't taxed, you'd have to pay out of pocket for those same things. It's just shifting lines on an expense sheet. Removing taxes makes you no better or worse off.

You claim to be in trucking, how would a toll highway impact your business?

Part of your taxes goes to building and maintaining the roads and highways your business requires to function.

How many more examples do you need? Over the past decade or so Somali pirates have increased the cost of shipping. As a result, your tax dollars are paying to have the US military patrol the Gulf of Aden. So you can either pay for that in the form of higher prices on everything, or through taxes.

Do you get it yet?

Morella
10-21-2010, 06:03 PM
This has never been demonstrated in the last 80 years (http://www.slate.com/id/2245781/). If you have statistics that contradict that, bring 'em.

Cute Barney Frank ad.

Regardless of the abuse of statistics and bias in this article, one can still see that the tax increases caused economic "growth" to plummet during the tax increases of the 30's to 40's and 40's to 50's, and that the "growth" went upward during the later tax cuts. If the graph were not attempting to minimize the effect by graphing a derivative against a linear function, it would actually make my point.

Is this the best you can do?

Fear Itself
10-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Is this the best you can do?It is all that is needed to send your claims into the corn field.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Do you remember the 60's, before the hippies were taken seriously? Back then, you dressed up nice to get onto an airplane, you could smoke, and drink, and in the bigger airplanes, you got real food. It was so sweet. You used to be able to go and buy a new car, you could choose between luxury and sportiness, and you could be proud of what you bought. These days, you have to buy a government-approved pinch-nose plastic jellybean, unless, like me, you choose to have your old 70's cars rebuilt. You didn't have to walk around on eggshells worrying about offending someone in the 60's. Movies didn't have to be socially acceptable. Romance was everywhere, and it was always between a man and a woman. "Gay" was a beautiful word, and "homosexual" was a mental illness. Children whose parents could not afford to keep them went to orphanages, where they were given a proper upbringing, instead of running loose in the streets, becoming criminals, subsidized by a welfare system.

Perhaps there will be a day when people say, "Do you remember how good it was in 2010?" but if that is true, life will have to really, really suck. I'm hoping for a better future than that. I believe that freedom can be returned, and that big government can be defeated, if we make the effort. It's going to start with this election. We're going to flip Obama the same shit that we gave Clinton during the first mid-term. Hopefully, the spirit will carry this time.

Ah the good ol'days. Remember when you could slap your secretaries ass and she'd giggle. After all, who is she going to complain to? No self respecting woman would be in the work force, she should have found a man to take care of her by now.

And remember when you could yell shit at black people, simply because they were black? And refuse to hire them, simply because they were black. Who are they going to complain to?

And remember when the only thing threatening the sanctity of marriage was inter-racial? That's a law we definitely need to get back on the books. Back when government was small, and constitutional, and prevented inter-racial marriage.

Good times.

Morella
10-21-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not dumb enough to support deficit spending. You've shown that you're really fucking stupid, but let's hope you're not that stupid.

I have shown that I disagree with you. Your immaturity has led you to the conclusion that I am stupid.

Taxes pay for stuff. If you weren't taxed, you'd have to pay out of pocket for those same things.

Like welfare, and Chinese windmills? If there were no taxes, why would I have to pay for those things?

You claim to be in trucking, how would a toll highway impact your business?

We pay highway tolls, and IFTA taxes. Remember the IFTA tax discussion, or are you just now joining us?

Part of your taxes goes to building and maintaining the roads and highways your business requires to function.

OK, answer me this, now that, I assume, you are familiar with IFTA. If the IFTA taxes, and the tolls that I pay, not to mention the gasoline taxes that four-wheelers pay, are supposed to be used to maintain the road, then why is it that every road construction site I see has a sign telling me how much Obama Money is being used to pay the cost?

How many more examples do you need? Over the past decade or so Somali pirates have increased the cost of shipping. As a result, your tax dollars are paying to have the US military patrol the Gulf of Aden. So you can either pay for that in the form of higher prices on everything, or through taxes.

What percentage of my taxes go to stopping Somali pirates? Now, what percentage goes to paying for public welfare programs?

I would be happy if 100% of my IFTA taxes were going to road repair, but that isn't the way that government works.

Morella
10-21-2010, 06:22 PM
It is all that is needed to send your claims into the corn field.

Actually, your little graph didn't refute my point, it reinforced it. I looked at the math, rather than the opinionated bullshit, or the Barney Frank ad.

Morella
10-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Ah the good ol'days. Remember when you could slap your secretaries ass and she'd giggle. After all, who is she going to complain to? No self respecting woman would be in the work force, she should have found a man to take care of her by now.

I remember the sexism, yes, et les moyens de l'abuser.

And remember when you could yell shit at black people, simply because they were black? And refuse to hire them, simply because they were black. Who are they going to complain to?

Umm...what you could or couldn't yell at black people kind of depended on what neighborhood you were in. Remember Speedy Gonzales? Those cartoons have been banned because they supposedly stereotype Mexicans...as being...slow?

And remember when the only thing threatening the sanctity of marriage was inter-racial?

No, I do remember a lower divorce rate, though. I remember a time when people took marriage seriously, as a commitment, as my husband and I have.

I realize that you're trying to say that everything is so much better now that liberals have gotten rid of racism and sexism, but, first of all, that is not true. Although it has changed its face a little, racism is alive and well. Some things have gotten better since the 60's, but what was lost was the freedom, the beauty, the simplicity, the freedom, and the style, and those things were more important to me than banning ass-slapping.

CannyDan
10-21-2010, 06:36 PM

And remember when the only thing threatening the sanctity of marriage was inter-racial? That's a law we definitely need to get back on the books. Back when government was small, and constitutional, and prevented inter-racial marriage.

Good times.

Oh my fucking god, you remember it too!!!!!!!!!!!

Nineteen sixty four!!!!!!!

Good times indeed.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Remember back when gas had lead in it. Before the stupid government got involved. Paint used to have lead in it too. Think of all the money you could save if paint and gas had lead in it still. Stupid government.

Morella
10-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Prove it. Did it work for Bush 43 when he lowered taxes?

Yes, it did, although not as well as it did for Reagan.

http://www.slate.com/id/2245781/

[QUOTE]Of if you cut costs, charged more, increased demand... It seems that you're the one that doesn't understand your business.

Are you the one who does? Please, enlighten me on where to cut costs, and my broker wants to know how he can "charge more". As for demand, when business grows, it has to ship things. If taxes are cut, and people are willing to invest and work hard, business will grow.

It wasn't amusing. Particularly to those of us working in that field.

Aww...are you telling me that I insulted you? Said something that made you feel bad? Geez, and everyone has been so nice to me! I'm so very, very sorry.

Faggot.

So what? Does that justify discriminatory policies? Do we use that fucked up excuse for logic in any other means?
smoking -> lung cancer
skiing -> knee injuries

Yes, we do. Smokers pay more for health insurance.

Did you know that pilots are particularly susceptible to leukemia and skin cancer? Fuck them for their life style choice.

Now you're just being silly.

Snowboarder Bo
10-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Umm...what you could or couldn't yell at black people kind of depended on what neighborhood you were in. Remember Speedy Gonzales? Those cartoons have been banned because they supposedly stereotype Mexicans...as being...slow?

Banned? Banned where? By whom? When were they banned?

Morella
10-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Remember back when gas had lead in it. Before the stupid government got involved. Paint used to have lead in it too. Think of all the money you could save if paint and gas had lead in it still. Stupid government.

You bet your god-fearing ass I remember when gas had lead in it, and I wish it still did. I'm tired of having to run around with a low-compression engine. As for lead paint, I prefer scrubbable interior latex, but that's my choice, which is, I believe, a word that you do not like, except when it comes to abortion or butt sex.

Remember when we could purchase things like bulk solder, and lead for auto body work, without a lot of hassle and wasted money?

Ludovic
10-21-2010, 06:51 PM
You bet your god-fearing ass I remember when gas had lead in it, and I wish it still did....because then, in a generation, you'd be able to commiserate with your peers again?

emacknight
10-21-2010, 06:52 PM
I have shown that I disagree with you. Your immaturity has led you to the conclusion that I am stupid.

No, it's mostly the stupid shit you've said. Claiming we simply "disagree" is the bullshit line conservatives desperately cling to as if moral relativism means something.

Like welfare, and Chinese windmills? If there were no taxes, why would I have to pay for those things?

You keep mentioning Chinese windmills as if they're relevant. Are you sure you don't mean Dutch windmills? Do you know what a windmill does? Do you know what welfare is?

We pay highway tolls, and IFTA taxes. Remember the IFTA tax discussion, or are you just now joining us?

Nice dodge. I'll ask again, what would an increase in highway tolls do to your business? If there weren't highway tolls would you be able to hire more employees?

OK, answer me this, now that, I assume, you are familiar with IFTA. If the IFTA taxes, and the tolls that I pay, not to mention the gasoline taxes that four-wheelers pay, are supposed to be used to maintain the road, then why is it that every road construction site I see has a sign telling me how much Obama Money is being used to pay the cost?

Because highways cost a fortune to build and maintain. Not to mention the bridges that have to be rebuilt after they fall. As for Obama, are you surprised he's advertising? In addition to your taxes, he's borrowed money to pay for more highway improvements.

Now tell me, how does traffic impact your business? If there was less traffic, would you make more money?

What percentage of my taxes go to stopping Somali pirates? Now, what percentage goes to paying for public welfare programs?

Again with the welfare references. You have a computer, look it up. But since we've been running a deficit for almost 10 years now, the answer is zero. None of your tax dollars are going to welfare or Somali pirates, it's all borrowed.

I would be happy if 100% of my IFTA taxes were going to road repair, but that isn't the way that government works.

If that was all the money that went to roads, you wouldn't be happy with the roads. You know they also have to be cleared of snow, did you think that's free?

No, I do remember a lower divorce rate, though. I remember a time when people took marriage seriously, as a commitment, as my husband and I have.

Well, considering that you're of "mixed race" there was a time not that long ago when mix race marriages weren't allowed. Back in those fine days before liberals ruined everything.

Some things have gotten better since the 60's, but what was lost was the freedom, the beauty, the simplicity, the freedom, and the style, and those things were more important to me than banning ass-slapping.

Sure, but what's gained is the freedom for you know, women and blacks.

Yup, people smoking on airplanes, those were the good ol'days.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Yes, we do. Smokers pay more for health insurance.

No we don't. Not in a group based health plan. They pay the same premium as everyone else.

BTW Pilots have upwards of 25 times a higher rate of skin cancer. And is it not a lifestyle choice?

Morella
10-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Banned? Banned where? By whom? When were they banned?

In 1999. He is still popular as hell in Latin America, but in the US, we're all racists for saying that Mexicans are slow...by showing Speedy Gonzales cartoons...I don't get it either. Here is more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedy_Gonzales

Snowboarder Bo
10-21-2010, 07:02 PM
In 1999. He is still popular as hell in Latin America, but in the US, we're all racists for saying that Mexicans are slow...by showing Speedy Gonzales cartoons...I don't get it either. Here is more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedy_Gonzales

There's no ban on the cartoons. Where on that page you linked to does it say anyone banned those cartoons? Nowhere. You're lying again.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 07:06 PM
There's no ban on the cartoons. Where on that page you linked to does it say anyone banned those cartoons? Nowhere. You're lying again.

You mean still. She's still lying.

Morella
10-21-2010, 07:10 PM
You keep mentioning Chinese windmills as if they're relevant. Are you sure you don't mean Dutch windmills? Do you know what a windmill does? Do you know what welfare is?

I'm talking about the "green" stimulus money, which much of was spent in purchasing "power-generating" windmills from China. And, yes, I know what welfare is, although I am using the term to refer to all "public assistance" programs.

Nice dodge. I'll ask again, what would an increase in highway tolls do to your business? If there weren't highway tolls would you be able to hire more employees?

Are you referring to tolls on toll roads? Since very little interstate highway is toll road, the effect would not be much. If, OTOH, you are referring to an IFTA tax increase, which is the actual, per mile, toll that we pay, that would fuck things up every bit as much as any other tax increase.

Because highways cost a fortune to build and maintain.

No shit, Clarence, but IFTA taxes cost a fortune to pay. Of course, I have already posted that information.

As for Obama, are you surprised he's advertising?

Not at all. He does have a serious image problem right now.

In addition to your taxes, he's borrowed money to pay for more highway improvements.

Yes, highway improvements which we already paid for with our IFTA tax.

Now tell me, how does traffic impact your business? If there was less traffic, would you make more money?

No, not really. I don't really consider traffic to be a problem.

If that was all the money that went to roads, you wouldn't be happy with the roads.

And why do you say that?

Well, considering that you're of "mixed race" there was a time not that long ago when mix race marriages weren't allowed. Back in those fine days before liberals ruined everything.

So, a Scottish man couldn't marry an Irish woman, or what?

Yup, people smoking on airplanes, those were the good ol'days.

Yes, they were. A drink and a cigarette on a long flight is nice.

Morella
10-21-2010, 07:13 PM

1999-2002 Cartoon Network ban & Warner Brothers warnings

Morella
10-21-2010, 07:15 PM
No we don't. Not in a group based health plan. They pay the same premium as everyone else.

Thanks, Obamacare!

BTW Pilots have upwards of 25 times a higher rate of skin cancer. And is it not a lifestyle choice?

Sounds like bullshit to me.

Snowboarder Bo
10-21-2010, 07:15 PM
1999-2002 Cartoon Network ban & Warner Brothers warnings

There was no ban. The body of text beneath that heading does not support the conclusion that there was a ban. You have no cite that there was a ban. You are lying again.

ETA: It's not a "ban" if someone just decides to stop doing something.

The Tooth
10-21-2010, 07:18 PM
As much as you have, I suppose.

You suppose wrong. You haven't said why anyone other than you should care what you think yet.

For one thing, someone might want to be employed, and I am an employer.

No, you're just some goon on the internet to me. Why does anyone owe your opinion consideration again?

I hear a lot of bitching from liberals about "why aren't there any jobs?", yet, when the question is answered, they don't want to hear it. The money to pay the employees went to taxes...that is your answer.

Not really. I wasn't asking about jobs or taxes. Answer the real question, not the imaginary question in your head.

Yes, and you should build me a new house, because I believe that everyone has the right to free housing.

So? It's still unclear to me why you think what you want should matter to other people. Please explain why other people should care what you want.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 07:20 PM
So, a Scottish man couldn't marry an Irish woman, or what?

As long as they were both white, it was okay. Odd that you weren't aware of anti-miscegenation laws. Those were the days.

Yup, that's some seriously selfish bullshit.

Morella
10-21-2010, 07:24 PM
There was no ban. The body of text beneath that heading does not support the conclusion that there was a ban. You have no cite that there was a ban. You are lying again.

ETA: It's not a "ban" if someone just decides to stop doing something.

So complain to Wikipedia. I've said it before and I'll say it again, j'en ai rien a foutre.

Snowboarder Bo
10-21-2010, 07:25 PM
So complain to Wikipedia. I've said it before and I'll say it again, j'en ai rien a foutre.

I have nothing to complain to wikipedia about. You're the ignorant moron who doesn't know what the word "ban" means and who has no reading comprehension.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Thanks, Obamacare!

Wow, you really are that clueless.

Sounds like bullshit to me.

Of course it does, because it doesn't fit your narrative, and it conflicts with your attitude towards gays. You were looking for ways to dismiss homosexuals, and then realized you'd have to dismiss a lot of others for the same reason. That's what's known as intellectual dishonesty.

You're business requires roads, highways, and government regulations. But you're too stupid to understand the role that taxes play. You think you can blame taxes for all your problems, because it's easier than blaming yourself.

Morella
10-21-2010, 07:26 PM
You suppose wrong. You haven't said why anyone other than you should care what you think yet.

If you don't care what I think, then why do you keep responding to it?

No, you're just some goon on the internet to me. Why does anyone owe your opinion consideration again?

J'ai aucune idée, you tell me.

Morella
10-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Of course it does, because it doesn't fit your narrative, and it conflicts with your attitude towards gays. You were looking for ways to dismiss homosexuals, and then realized you'd have to dismiss a lot of others for the same reason. That's what's known as intellectual dishonesty.

That's fucking hilarious.

You're business requires roads, highways, and government regulations. But you're too stupid to understand the role that taxes play. You think you can blame taxes for all your problems, because it's easier than blaming yourself.

Problems? I don't have a care in the world.

Morella
10-21-2010, 07:32 PM
As long as they were both white, it was okay. Odd that you weren't aware of anti-miscegenation laws. Those were the days.

No US law would have affected my race or nationality, so I have a hard time getting excited about it. I can understand how, in a time when black people were considered less than human, parents would be upset about their children marrying one of them, just as most parents are upset when their children turn gay, or get into bestiality or BDSM. As selfish as it may seem, they usually want grandchildren, and happiness for their offspring.

Yup, that's some seriously selfish bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Smoking a cigarette is selfish? How? You people got your smoking sections, and you still weren't happy. You got smokers kicked out of public buildings, and you're still not happy when they smoke outside, where it isn't bothering you. Who is being selfish?

emacknight
10-21-2010, 07:33 PM

You've got a lot of problems.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/645113.stm

Yup, smoking sections in a plane, brilliant!

Snowboarder Bo
10-21-2010, 07:33 PM

Then why are you bitching about taxes, if they aren't a problem for you?

Morella
10-21-2010, 07:34 PM
I have nothing to complain to wikipedia about. You're the ignorant moron who doesn't know what the word "ban" means and who has no reading comprehension.

And who is the one who is trying to make something out of nothing, with a silly little argument over semantics? I said "ban", Wikipedia says "ban", you say otherwise. Maybe, before you go around calling someone a liar, you should stop to consider that, just this once, you might be the one who is mistaken.

Morella
10-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Then why are you bitching about taxes, if they aren't a problem for you?

Taxes are everyone's problem.

Morella
10-21-2010, 07:37 PM
You've got a lot of problems.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/645113.stm

Research this a little further, and you will find that there is nothing about flying, itself, that causes skin cancer.

And smoking is relevant to skin cancer, how?

Fear Itself
10-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Taxes are everyone's problem.I haven't got a care in the world.

The Tooth
10-21-2010, 07:42 PM
If you don't care what I think, then why do you keep responding to it?

It was a simple question, why can't you answer it?

J'ai aucune idée, you tell me.

What next? You're rubber and I'm glue?

CannyDan
10-21-2010, 07:45 PM

Especially if you're the pilot!! "Hey, stew, bring me another scotch and soda and a pack of Marlboro. Oh, and how about unbuttoning a couple of buttons on that blouse before you come back to the cockpit, huh cutie?"

Ah, the good old days!

Morella
10-21-2010, 08:28 PM
I haven't got a care in the world.

Good for you, Mop!

I think I'm just too old to worry about anything anymore.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Especially if you're the pilot!! "Hey, stew, bring me another scotch and soda and a pack of Marlboro. Oh, and how about unbuttoning a couple of buttons on that blouse before you come back to the cockpit, huh cutie?"

Ah, the good old days!

There is something so beautifully ridiculous about a minority female remember the early 60's fondly.

At least we've proven once and for all that the Tea Party is socially conservative.

And judging by the moronic rhetoric towards taxes, fiscal responsibility isn't part of the plan.

There's nothing quite like a political party based on promoting hatred, lies, and free money. And they really nailed their target demographics. Goes to show, when your goal is to repeat history, target voters without any knowledge of it.

Morella
10-21-2010, 08:33 PM

Ah, the good old days!

How did we get to this scene? Are you Leon Gucci?

http://www.iafd.com/title.rme/title=Up+in+the+Air/year=1984/up-in-the-air.htm

If you had seen the way that flight attendants throw themselves at male pilots, you would realize how silly your comment was.

Morella
10-21-2010, 08:39 PM
There is something so beautifully ridiculous about a minority female remember the early 60's fondly.

Did I say that I was a minority? I thought I said "mixed race".

At least we've proven once and for all that the Tea Party is socially conservative.

How have we done that?

There's nothing quite like a political party based on promoting hatred, lies, and free money.[/quote]

Free Money?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-Etb0k0Q\\

Free Money?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI&feature=related

Ludovic
10-21-2010, 08:43 PM
If you had seen the way that flight attendants throw themselves at male pilots, you would realize how silly your comment was.

Ahh, the "she was asking for it" defense. Or as close as could be pulled off today.

Morella
10-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Ahh, the "she was asking for it" defense. Or as close as could be pulled off today.

"It" being, of course, marriage to a captain who makes good money. That's what they're after.

emacknight
10-21-2010, 08:46 PM

And did you see how they were dressed!

emacknight
10-21-2010, 09:02 PM
"It" being, of course, marriage to a captain who makes good money. That's what they're after.

Right, which is what a proper woman is supposed to do. Stay home and make babies. Careers are for white men.

Snowboarder Bo
10-21-2010, 09:05 PM
And who is the one who is trying to make something out of nothing, with a silly little argument over semantics? I said "ban", Wikipedia says "ban", you say otherwise. Maybe, before you go around calling someone a liar, you should stop to consider that, just this once, you might be the one who is mistaken.

But this once, I'm not the one who's mistaken. Or wrong. Or lying. You are. And you keep doing it over and over and over again.

Snowboarder Bo
10-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Good for you, Mop!

I think I'm just too old to worry about anything anymore.

Then why do you keep bitching about taxes if they don't worry you anymore?

Snowboarder Bo
10-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Taxes are everyone's problem.

How can they be your problem when you don't have any problems or cares? Which is it, liar: do you have problems or not?

emacknight
10-21-2010, 09:11 PM
How can they be your problem when you don't have any problems or cares? Which is it, liar: do you have problems or not?

It's the government!

And those meddling kids!

Get off my lawn!

CannyDan
10-21-2010, 09:21 PM
How did we get to this scene? Are you Leon Gucci?

http://www.iafd.com/title.rme/title=Up+in+the+Air/year=1984/up-in-the-air.htm

I don't know who you're trying to bullshit here, but I'm old enough to distinctly remember the 60's, including commercial airline flights. In addition my wife's father was a commercial passenger airline pilot. He was flying 747's for Eastern when it self-destructed. He became a flight instructor for Airbus, until his death three years ago. (Coincidentally or not, of cancer, and he wasn't yet 65.) Two of my wife's first cousins and one close friend are airline flight attendants today. I have a fair amount of personal experience with airline personnel of that period. So don't try to pass off your nonsense as if it had even tangential attachment to reality.

Your comments about airline staff are disgustingly insulting because they are untrue. They are as ridiculous as all the other bullshit statements you've made in this thread.

Let me take just one, your assertion that the only reason you don't hire more employees is lack of money, caused by paying taxes. Only a partisan asshole spouting partisan asininity would maintain that they would love to hire more people just to hire more people, if only they had more money lying around. And only an even bigger asshole would maintain that their business could expand, they could accept new accounts, and could make a bigger profit, but refuse to do so because they lack extra cash sitting around in a cookie jar.

Real business owners, faced with a situation wherein they could take on more business and make more profit but need to hire staff to do so, will hire the fucking staff no matter what, even if they need to take out a loan to do it because, as anybody but you can deduce, hiring that person and accepting that new business will make them more money.

You don't really own a business at all, do you?

Squink
10-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Taxes are everyone's problem.Nope, taxes are a citizens duty.
TANSTAAFL, we've got to pay for what the government does for us.
No matter how studly and independent you may think you are, the government provides you with many services which you would find it hard to do without.
The teapartier's penchant for demanding those service for free makes em look like a bunch of wannabe 60's welfare queens.

Morella
10-21-2010, 10:28 PM

I'm beginning to think that you have problems.

Robot Arm
10-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Let me take just one, your assertion that the only reason you don't hire more employees is lack of money, caused by paying taxes. Only a partisan asshole spouting partisan asininity would maintain that they would love to hire more people just to hire more people, if only they had more money lying around. And only an even bigger asshole would maintain that their business could expand, they could accept new accounts, and could make a bigger profit, but refuse to do so because they lack extra cash sitting around in a cookie jar.

Real business owners, faced with a situation wherein they could take on more business and make more profit but need to hire staff to do so, will hire the fucking staff no matter what, even if they need to take out a loan to do it because, as anybody but you can deduce, hiring that person and accepting that new business will make them more money.Morella, here's the thing. Suppose you hire somebody, and the total cost of adding that person to your company (salary, insurance, equipment, maintenance, fuel) is $100,000. That person must enable you to do more than $100,000 in new business or you wouldn't hire him at all, regardless of the taxes. Suppose it's $150,000, for a $50,000 profit. Yes, the government will tax you on some percentage of that. I don't know the exact percentage, but I'm sure it's less than 100%.

So explain to us how the tax rate can turn a profit into a loss.

Morella
10-21-2010, 10:39 PM
I don't know who you're trying to bullshit here, but I'm old enough to distinctly remember the 60's, including commercial airline flights. In addition my wife's father was a commercial passenger airline pilot. He was flying 747's for Eastern when it self-destructed.

You mean, when the unions destroyed it? I was there for the Eastern/Orion affair.

He became a flight instructor for Airbus, until his death three years ago. (Coincidentally or not, of cancer, and he wasn't yet 65.)

Was it skin cancer? If so, you might have a chance to get in on argument and advance the gay agenda here.

Two of my wife's first cousins and one close friend are airline flight attendants today. I have a fair amount of personal experience with airline personnel of that period. So don't try to pass off your nonsense as if it had even tangential attachment to reality.

In this venue, your opinion is as valid as mine.

Your comments about airline staff are disgustingly insulting because they are untrue.

They are true, based on my observations, which we are comparing to your understanding of your father-in-law's observations, correct?

They are as ridiculous as all the other bullshit statements you've made in this thread. Let me take just one, your assertion that the only reason you don't hire more employees is lack of money, caused by paying taxes. Only a partisan asshole spouting partisan asininity would maintain that they would love to hire more people just to hire more people, if only they had more money lying around.

Someone else has already made this ridiculous point, and I will refer you to my previous answer. No one has said anything about hiring people just to have them around. Think of something new.

And only an even bigger asshole would maintain that their business could expand, they could accept new accounts, and could make a bigger profit, but refuse to do so because they lack extra cash sitting around in a cookie jar.

By "cookie jar", you are referring to venture capital? Please, tell me how one goes about hiring people without spending money on resources and training, much less how to do it without money to meet payroll. I am always ready to learn something new.

Real business owners, faced with a situation wherein they could take on more business and make more profit but need to hire staff to do so, will hire the fucking staff no matter what, even if they need to take out a loan to do it because, as anybody but you can deduce, hiring that person and accepting that new business will make them more money.

What sort of business are you in, or are you just guessing?

You don't really own a business at all, do you?

I believe I have answered that question.

Morella
10-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Nope, taxes are a citizens duty.
TANSTAAFL, we've got to pay for what the government does for us.
No matter how studly and independent you may think you are, the government provides you with many services which you would find it hard to do without.

Like what? Chinese windmills? Welfare payments?

The teapartier's penchant for demanding those service for free makes em look like a bunch of wannabe 60's welfare queens.

They aren't asking for anything for free. They are asking the federal government to obey the Constitution.

Ludovic
10-21-2010, 10:45 PM
They aren't asking for anything for free. They are asking the federal government to obey the Constitution.

Yup, the federal government should keep its hands off their Medicare.

Fear Itself
10-21-2010, 10:54 PM
They are asking the federal government to obey the Constitution.Except for the fourteenth amendment. And the first amendment. And all the other amendments they don't like, and all the new ones they wish were in there. Yeah, they like the constitution just fine.

Morella
10-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Morella, here's the thing. Suppose you hire somebody, and the total cost of adding that person to your company (salary, insurance, equipment, maintenance, fuel) is $100,000. That person must enable you to do more than $100,000 in new business or you wouldn't hire him at all, regardless of the taxes. Suppose it's $150,000, for a $50,000 profit. Yes, the government will tax you on some percentage of that. I don't know the exact percentage, but I'm sure it's less than 100%.

So explain to us how the tax rate can turn a profit into a loss.

Actually, the government will tax me on the money that I put into the equipment as well (assets are not expenses), and I spend as much on taxes as I do on fuel. To hire this person, I have to match his social security, buy his health insurance, pay for workman's comp, maintain employee services, etc., ad nauseum (the more people you hire, the more the government makes you do). To put this person on staff, at, say, $40,000 a year, I have to spend nearly twice that. Couple that with the initial outlay of $100,000, which is reasonable for training, and I'm out $100,000 down, $80,000 a year for this asset, not including the money that I have to spend to buy equipment for him to use, which is NOT a tax deduction (remember, assest != expense).

Now, for my $100,000 down and $80,000 a year (to start, that will go up), how much is this employee going to make for me? $50,000? And that's only if the employee works out, right? I mean, he could just take off and quit, or I might have to fire him. That's a lot of risk for me to have to take.

Suppose, since the point we're trying to make is that high taxes lead to unemployment, that the tax rate was 100%. In this case, I spend all of this money, and there is no way to get any of it back. My business loses money, I can't pay my bills, and I go under. Could we agree that a 100% tax rate will lead to unemployment?

Now suppose we go with 50%. So, maybe this employee will work out...if so, he's going to make me $50,000, you say? But half of that, I have to pay in taxes, so I'm gambling that he will return $25,000...not really much.

As you can see, hiring an employee is always a risk, but as the tax rate goes up, it becomes less and less attractive.

Morella
10-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Yup, the federal government should keep its hands off their Medicare.

You're quoting Obama now? Is that all you've got left?

Morella
10-21-2010, 10:58 PM
Except for the fourteenth amendment. And the first amendment. And all the other amendments they don't like, and all the new ones they wish were in there. Yeah, they like the constitution just fine.

What tea partiers have suggested doing away with the fourteenth amendment?

What amendments do they wish were in there?

Starving Artist
10-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Your comments about airline staff are disgustingly insulting because they are untrue. They are as ridiculous as all the other bullshit statements you've made in this thread.Oh, horseshit! I worked in freight, baggage and operations for Continental Airlines in 1970 and '71. We were not a destination terminal but sometimes due to weather or whatever planes would have to land and stay overnight. Half an hour or so after the plane landed and deplaned its passengers and crew, one of our guys was sent to vacuum out the plane and caught one of the stewardesses and one of the pilots banging like bunnies in the aisle right outside the cockpit. The girl looked up and him, smiled, and said "It's okay; we're engaged." :D Plus one of my best friends became a DPS (director of passenger service), whose job it was to supervise the stewardesses and take care of passenger needs like phone calls and reservations and things like that. He eventually lost his job because he kept getting drunk and shacking up in hotel rooms with stewardesses and missing flights. So please spare us this shit about how pristine was the behavior of airline personnel in those days.

Ah, the good old days! Ah, "more horseshit", you mean. Remember how in the good old days women would slap men for shit like that? Yeah, it happened. And often. To listen to posters around here a person would think you'd find a woman being raped or a black guy hung from a lamppost on every corner prior to the late sixties. And it's all horseshit, propagated by people like you who take isolated instances and portray them as having been commonplace until hippies came along and saved everyone. And I can tell you without the slightest fear of factual contradiction that thanks to single-parenthood and drugs and a culture that raises a fair percentage of males to regard women as "ho's" and "bitches", a many more women are treated badly, taken advantage of and have to put up with crap and live shitty lives than was ever the case back in the days when people in this country knew how to behave themselves.

There is something so beautifully ridiculous about a minority female remember the early 60's fondly.There are minority males who remember the early 60's fondly too. Blacks of that era protested in dress shirts and ties and nice Sunday dresses, wanting only to be treated fairly and equally in the nicer society that existed then. They never asked for nor would have wanted the drug-and-gang-and-gangsta-rap-and-violent-crime-ridden environment that they have to live in and try to raise children in today.

Your taxes are a cost of doing business. Your competitors pay the same taxes.If nothing else - and there's plenty that is - this alone illustrates your lack of intelligence. Taxes are not a cost of doing business, they are a separate expense entirely, imposed arbitrarily and in different ways and amounts by a variety of state, local and federal agencies. Plus some businesses are allowed favorable tax treatment whenever the government wants to promote certain types of investment and/or hiring activity, while other are taxed more heavily when the government wants to penalize or reduce other types of activity and investment. The size and influence of a particular company (or lack of same) can also affect the percentage of tax they pay and the circumstances under which they pay it.

Yup, the federal government should keep its hands off their Medicare. And here we have yet another ridiculous liberal meme. It's utter nonsense to contend that people who have been forced by the government to pay into retirement programs such as Social Security and Medicare all their lives, and who therefore have been deprived of the funds they would have needed to provide this care for themselves, should suddenly and eager disavow them at the very point in their lives when they're going to be needing them, because they are of an anti-entitlement political philosophy. Having been given the choice forty or forty-five years ago I'm sure many if not most of them would have opted to live their lives in such a way as to provide for their own old age. But since the government took that option away, they're left with no alternative but to use Social Security and Medicare when they reach the age when they'll need it, and of course they'll resist efforts to cut back on the benefits they've been promised all their lives they would get when they reach retirement age. Thus, this in no way means that Tea Partiers or any other conservative is being hypocrital when they lobby for reduced government spending and entitlement programs while still insisting on what they've been promised for having had to give up a substantial portion of their income for all their working lives.

Robot Arm
10-21-2010, 11:10 PM
As you can see, hiring an employee is always a risk, but as the tax rate goes up, it becomes less and less attractive.If you didn't want to take risks, you shouldn't have started a business.

Consider this, now is the perfect time to hire someone. Unemployment is high; you could have your pick of lots of good people who are job-hunting, and they'd be more inclined to accept a lower salary.

And your "suppose we go with 50%" is too high, I think. The top marginal income tax rate right now is 35%, and if they rolled things back to where they were ten years ago, it would still only be 39.6%.

I'm sure a smart businesswoman like you could make it work, or is that 4.6% really a deal breaker for you?

Fear Itself
10-21-2010, 11:11 PM
What tea partiers have suggested doing away with the fourteenth amendment?Birthright citizenship. (http://teapartyamerica.blogspot.com/2010/08/change-14th-amendment-no-more-anchor.html)
What amendments do they wish were in there?Amendment to repeal the sixteenth amendment (income tax) (http://www2.dailyprogress.com/news/2010/oct/08/tea-party-convention-devises-constitutional-amendm-ar-551858/)

In tea party speech, McDonnell backs 'repeal amendment' (http://hamptonroads.com/2010/10/tea-party-speech-mcdonnell-backs-repeal-amendment)Gov. Bob McDonnell told tea party activists Friday that he'll support a proposed U.S. constitutional amendment that would give states the collective power to repeal any federal law or regulation they don't like.

The Spending Limit Amendment (http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/03/04/a-real-tea-party-worthy-amendment-to-the-constitution/) would keep spending as a percentage of GDP at the historical average since World War II

There are dozens more ill-considered Tea Party amendments to bastardize the constitution into a document the Founders would never recognize, but you get the idea.

Starving Artist
10-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Do you remember the 60's, before the hippies were taken seriously? Back then, you dressed up nice to get onto an airplane, you could smoke, and drink, and in the bigger airplanes, you got real food. It was so sweet. You used to be able to go and buy a new car, you could choose between luxury and sportiness, and you could be proud of what you bought. These days, you have to buy a government-approved pinch-nose plastic jellybean, unless, like me, you choose to have your old 70's cars rebuilt. You didn't have to walk around on eggshells worrying about offending someone in the 60's. Movies didn't have to be socially acceptable. Romance was everywhere...Yeah, I remember America before the 60's. People dressed up to travel, even on the bus. They were polite and considerate and road rage was unheard of. Drugs were something most people were only vaguely aware of and we could educate our children.

Yep, that's the way things were...and we liked it that way! :cool:

Fear Itself
10-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I remember America before the 60's. People dressed up to travel, even on the bus. And at the bus station, you could get a Negro to shine your shoes for a nickel!

Robot Arm
10-21-2010, 11:17 PM
To listen to posters around here a person would think you'd find a woman being raped or a black guy hung from a lamppost on every corner prior to the late sixties.How many lynchings would you consider to be an acceptable number?

Morella
10-21-2010, 11:23 PM
If you didn't want to take risks, you shouldn't have started a business.

What a stupid comment.

Consider this, now is the perfect time to hire someone. Unemployment is high; you could have your pick of lots of good people who are job-hunting, and they'd be more inclined to accept a lower salary.

Nope, no way. Until I see what is going to happen, whether or not the legitimate government is going to be restored to the United States, I am not going to make any changes to the business. If the tax rate is favorable, and Obamacare is repealed, then I will consider hiring. And every other employer I've talked to feels the same way.

And your "suppose we go with 50%" is too high, I think. The top marginal income tax rate right now is 35%, and if they rolled things back to where they were ten years ago, it would still only be 39.6%.

That's still much too high, and you haven't even talked about capital gains.

Starving Artist
10-21-2010, 11:28 PM
And at the bus station, you could get a Negro to shine your shoes for a nickel!What, people never got their shoes shined until black people hit American shores? People got their shoes shined by whoever was offering to do it, including a great many white kids and adults. I remember shoe shine stands from my childhood and they were a pretty equal opportunity business.

How many lynchings would you consider to be an acceptable number? None. How many drug and gang-related killings and drive-by shootings would you consider to be an acceptable number?

I can tell you that if I were a black person, I'd feel a hell of a lot safer, and more positive about the likelihood of seeing my children grow safely to adulthood, in 1960 than I would now.

Euphonious Polemic
10-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I remember America before the 60's. People dressed up to travel, even on the bus. They were polite and considerate and road rage was unheard of. Drugs were something most people were only vaguely aware of and we could educate our children.

Yep, that's the way things were...and we liked it that way! :cool:

I know what you mean. We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Robot Arm
10-21-2010, 11:31 PM
What a stupid comment.Let me guess. You only insult people who insult you first, right?

Nope, no way. Until I see what is going to happen, whether or not the legitimate government is going to be restored to the United States, I am not going to make any changes to the business."Legitimate government is going to be restored..."? Please tell us all if the current government is illegitimate.

That's still much too high, and you haven't even talked about capital gains.You're still only being taxed on the gain. If you really believe you can make money, go out and make some.

Robot Arm
10-21-2010, 11:34 PM
None. How many drug and gang-related killings and drive-by shootings would you consider to be an acceptable number?Also none. I'm hopeful that as this country continues to change and improve that such crimes will become rarer.

CannyDan
10-21-2010, 11:37 PM
You really are amazingly albeit transparently disingenuous. In post 636 you exclaim “IF TAXES ARE LOWER, BUSINESSES CAN AFFORD TO HIRE MORE PEOPLE”. With this in mind your post 699 makes absolutely no sense, except to prove that you don't understand the difference between costs and profits.

You seem to enjoy talking out of both sides of your mouth. You start with a comment about a Golden Age suggesting you are fairly old. When called on it by posters pointing out that you'd have to be, not old, but ancient, you turn it around and claim to be not old at all. But again, in response to my post, you're back to old enough to have participated in the 1960's. Which is it?

Similarly you rant against gays. But when criticized you intimate that you might have a tiny gay streak yourself. Or were we to draw some other conclusion from your comment about the appearance of tacos? But of course you then go back to ranting about gays and calling emack a faggot. Not nicely, mind you, but as a pejorative.

You make a claim to be of “mixed race” to bolster your assertion that you don’t mean anything ugly by wanting to kill all “illegals” out of hand. But then it turns out that you’re actually of mixed northern European white races. Hardly what most people understand to be mixed race, especially given the context and the discussions of Mexicans.

I could go on, but I’m lazy and your entertainment value is running thin. There’s a name for what you’re doing, but we all see it so no harm no foul. If you can put a bit more effort into it, you might achieve the level of some of our long time Board stars, such as Starving Artist. Why, speak of the devil, there he is now! Still flogging his one trick pony, but pleased no doubt to find you, a fellow traveler on the road of condemning liberals for 1964. I think I’ll sit back and watch the stupidity for a while. Stereo stupid! Now there’s a 60’s technology to pine for!

ETA-- oh, and PS, you still haven't told me what the tax rate was in those halcyon days before hippies destroyed the country in 1964.

Morella
10-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Birthright citizenship. (http://teapartyamerica.blogspot.com/2010/08/change-14th-amendment-no-more-anchor.html)

OK, now the truth comes out. They're not interested in repealing the 14th amendment that ended slavery. They want to end the misinterpretation of part of the 14th amendment that is allowing anchor babies to become citizens, the same misinterpretation that Obama is using to claim US citizenship.

Amendment to repeal the sixteenth amendment (income tax) (http://www2.dailyprogress.com/news/2010/oct/08/tea-party-convntion-devises-constitutional-amendm-ar-551858/)

I wish them the best of luck in repealing income tax, since the next 100 years' worth of it is already spent.

There are dozens more ill-considered Tea Party amendments to bastardize the constitution into a document the Founders would never recognize, but you get the idea.

Umm...if they took some of the amendments out, wouldn't that make it more recognizable?

Morella
10-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Let me guess. You only insult people who insult you first, right?

I didn't insult you. I insulted your comment.

"Legitimate government is going to be restored..."? Please tell us all if the current government is illegitimate.

Yes, it is. The president isn't even a US citizen.

You're still only being taxed on the gain. If you really believe you can make money, go out and make some.

It's happening, as we speak.

Robot Arm
10-21-2010, 11:42 PM
OK, now the truth comes out. They're not interested in repealing the 14th amendment that ended slavery. They want to end the misinterpretation of part of the 14th amendment that is allowing anchor babies to become citizens, the same misinterpretation that Obama is using to claim US citizenship.All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.That doesn't strike me as being open to a lot of interpretation.

BigT
10-21-2010, 11:47 PM
What, people never got their shoes shined until black people hit American shores? People got their shoes shined by whoever was offering to do it, including a great many white kids and adults. I remember shoe shine stands from my childhood and they were a pretty equal opportunity business..

How many times does this have to be hammered home? It was good for a certain section of society. But it was also really bad for another section. When we started integrating (and not just racially), the good group went down, but the bad group went up. But then it was finally possible to improve things for everyone.

I mean, I'm all for bringing back politeness. It's what political correctness tried to do. You can't do it the old way, because that requires homogeneity of culture. We've got to get people to agree on what is and is not polite before we can implement it.

Starving Artist
10-21-2010, 11:49 PM
I know what you mean. We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones... You know, a lot of people got cheesed off at me around here once for quoting shit without attribution. "Plagiarism" is what they called it. Yep, they did! Now, I didn't mean nothin' by it, it was just a email I got that never had on it who wrote it. But still, the high-minders of the Dope wouldn't have none of it. Said I was tryin' ta trick 'em, they did. Said I was bein' dishonest, and one of 'em even called my sister a cunt...'cause she was the one what sent it to me. But she never knew who wrote it neither, 'cause someone else sent it to her and it never said who wrote it to them neither. And so on and so on and so on. Yep, it was lack of attribution all the way down. Still, it didn't make no difference! Now, around here I imagine that just about everyone who knows anything about anything knows every word of everything that ever got said on that cartoon show. Still it just don't seem kosher for you to be actin' all literary and shit when you ain't. You know, just sayin' is all...

Morella
10-21-2010, 11:51 PM
You really are amazingly albeit transparently disingenuous. In post 636 you exclaim “IF TAXES ARE LOWER, BUSINESSES CAN AFFORD TO HIRE MORE PEOPLE”. With this in mind your post 699 makes absolutely no sense, except to prove that you don't understand the difference between costs and profits.

What part didn't you understand? I tried not to use any big words.

You seem to enjoy talking out of both sides of your mouth. You start with a comment about a Golden Age suggesting you are fairly old.

hehe I started with a comment about the Golden Age, referring to urine testing, which people misinterpreted to mean something else. This was explained about a hundred messages or so ago.

Similarly you rant against gays. But when criticized you intimate that you might have a tiny gay streak yourself. Or were we to draw some other conclusion from your comment about the appearance of tacos?

I dunno...someone else drew the conclusion that I was a botched sex change operation...not quite sure where that came from, but you guys have pulled some amazing shit out of the air in an effort to discredit me.

But of course you then go back to ranting about gays and calling emack a faggot. Not nicely, mind you, but as a pejorative.

The "faggot" comment was in response to his idiotic whining about how abusive I was being...as compared to the insults I have received here? It was appropriate.

You make a claim to be of “mixed race” to bolster your assertion that you don’t mean anything ugly by wanting to kill all “illegals” out of hand. But then it turns out that you’re actually of mixed northern European white races.

How does that turn out? I haven't said what races I was mixed of. You're not just assuming something, are you?

Hardly what most people understand to be mixed race, especially given the context and the discussions of Mexicans.

Where did the Mexican thing come from? I thought we were talking about Arabs?

I could go on, but I’m lazy and your entertainment value is running thin.

Yes, you are lazy. You haven't even read this thread, and you're trying to summarize it.

ETA-- oh, and PS, you still haven't told me what the tax rate was in those halcyon days before hippies destroyed the country in 1964.

Look it up.

Robot Arm
10-21-2010, 11:54 PM
I didn't insult you. I insulted your comment.Good lord! It's Starving Artist all over again.

Really? That's the defense you're going to make; that's a reply that you're willing to post here for all to see? You think the comment is stupid. You think that arrangement of words is lacking in cognitive faculties somehow. Those words would be lucky to even get a GED, and will probably be forced into some menial job just to afford even the most basic punctuation.

You said my comment was stupid, but you didn't mean to insult me. You're really going to stand by that?

It's happening, as we speak.Good, now hire some people to help you go out and make more.

Morella
10-21-2010, 11:54 PM
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

That doesn't strike me as being open to a lot of interpretation.

That is probably because you are ignoring the "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" part.

elucidator
10-21-2010, 11:56 PM
...once for quoting shit without attribution. "Plagiarism" is what they called it...
Oh, c'mon! You dont have to attribute stuff everybody knows! Who the hell doesn't recognize the preface to Being and Nothingness?

Morella
10-21-2010, 11:59 PM
Good lord! It's Starving Artist all over again.

Really? That's the defense you're going to make; that's a reply that you're willing to post here for all to see? You think the comment is stupid. You think that arrangement of words is lacking in cognitive faculties somehow. Those words would be lucky to even get a GED, and will probably be forced into some menial job just to afford even the most basic punctuation.

You said my comment was stupid, but you didn't mean to insult me. You're really going to stand by that?

I'll do ya one better. They're not getting any smarter.

mhendo
10-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Yes, it is. The president isn't even a US citizen.
You have just demonstrated that you have absolutely no claim to credibility on any issue, ever. I actually appreciate this post, because it lets me know that you're not to be taken seriously, and should be dealt with like a small and mentally backward child who comes running with stories of fairies at the bottom of the garden.

Either that, or you're a very capable troll.

Robot Arm
10-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Well, now you've made it mad. My comment was a little depressed from the first insult, so I offered to play it a game of anagrams based on the names of Marcel Proust characters. That always cheers it up. Sometimes it lets me win, but not tonight. When it gets in a mood like that, I can tell I'm in for a sound thrashing. Sometimes I think it cheats, but I haven't caught it at it yet. We were arguing over whether it was allowed to drop the accent mark in "Odette de Crécy" when your newest post showed up. I hate to see it like this; some innocent adjective is likely to get hurt.

My comment thinks you owe it an apology.

CannyDan
10-22-2010, 12:15 AM
What part didn't you understand? I tried not to use any big words.

hehe I started with a comment about the Golden Age, referring to urine testing, which people misinterpreted to mean something else. This was explained about a hundred messages or so ago.

I dunno...someone else drew the conclusion that I was a botched sex change operation...not quite sure where that came from, but you guys have pulled some amazing shit out of the air in an effort to discredit me.

The "faggot" comment was in response to his idiotic whining about how abusive I was being...as compared to the insults I have received here? It was appropriate.

How does that turn out? I haven't said what races I was mixed of. You're not just assuming something, are you?

Where did the Mexican thing come from? I thought we were talking about Arabs?

Yes, you are lazy. You haven't even read this thread, and you're trying to summarize it.

Look it up.

You prove my point, that being you are a disingenuous asshole who is attempting to play gotcha games by offering cryptic factoids then slamming posters for taking them up. As I said, it's getting old. And transparent.

As for looking it up, I have (http://www.truthandpolitics.org/top-rates.php). The top marginal tax rate for the halcyon decade of the 1950's, when we were all polite, and prosperous, and smoked on airplanes, and slapped men if they got out of line and all, was above 90%. Asshole. And the top marginal tax rate stayed there until 1963. For the rest of the 60's and the 70's it remained above 70%.

Does it surprise you to know that the time of prosperity, the period of goodness for which you and other teabagging morons so earnestly pine, had a top marginal tax rate twice what it is today?! So all that prosperity came about under a tax regime fully double what you are whining about.

Now do you understand that your assertions about not hiring employees who would make you even more profit just because there are taxes to be paid is utterly, overwhelmingly, devastatingly stupid? No, probably not. Somebody who is an actual birther is stupid enough to believe anything.

Starving Artist
10-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Also none. I'm hopeful that as this country continues to change and improve that such crimes will become rarer.Yeah, well, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. The 'change and improvement' of the last forty years is what's made this shit so common to begin with.

I'd also point out that it's every bit as appropriate to paint today's society with the drugs and gang and murder and shitty education and single parent homes brush as it is to paint pre-counter culture America with the racist and sexist brush. Even moreso, because the society of the the 60's didn't create the conditions that existed then but the society of the last forty years has created the problems that exist now.

So I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how today's society is supposed to be better. Especially since by the early-to-mid sixties the civil rights issue and its accompanying legislation had largely been fought for and won by polite, non-violent black people in slacks and dresses, and because the counter culture revolution that has turned this country into such a cesspool had virtually nothing to do with civil rights in the first place.

Robot Arm
10-22-2010, 12:25 AM
I'd also point out that it's every bit as appropriate to paint today's society with the drugs and gang and murder and shitty education and single parent homes brush as it is to paint pre-counter culture America with the racist and sexist brush. Even moreso, because the society of the the 60's didn't create the conditions that existed then but the society of the last forty years has created the problems that exist now.Does that mean the 60's are the fault of the 20's?

I knew it! Everybody was perfectly happy in bathing suits that didn't show their knees. But pretty soon people started getting refrigerators and didn't need to have ice delivered every day. Throw in a couple of Lindy Hops and it's been downhill ever since.

Morella
10-22-2010, 12:28 AM
You have just demonstrated that you have absolutely no claim to credibility on any issue, ever. I actually appreciate this post, because it lets me know that you're not to be taken seriously, and should be dealt with like a small and mentally backward child who comes running with stories of fairies at the bottom of the garden.

Either that, or you're a very capable troll.

I assume, with this ejaculation, that you are attempting to assert that Obama is a US citizen? If so, please explain how his father was subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, as a Kenyan?

Morella
10-22-2010, 12:31 AM
Now do you understand that your assertions about not hiring employees who would make you even more profit just because there are taxes to be paid is utterly, overwhelmingly, devastatingly stupid?

Would you care to explain why? You haven't refuted anything that I've said.

No, probably not. Somebody who is an actual birther is stupid enough to believe anything.

What is an "actual birther"?

Starving Artist
10-22-2010, 12:42 AM
As for looking it up, I have (http://www.truthandpolitics.org/top-rates.php). The top marginal tax rate for the halcyon decade of the 1950's, when we were all polite, and prosperous, and smoked on airplanes, and slapped men if they got out of line and all, was above 90%. And that rate was applied only to the very wealthiest and most high-income earning people in the country. A very, very small percentage. And the justification for the 90% rate in the first place was to help the country recover from WWII. And the people paying it weren't also paying for Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid like everyone is now. Plus state and local taxes are a lot higher now. So a 90% tax rate is no longer even possible, and even if it was it can't reasonably be contrasted with today's tax structure in an effort to make today's tax rates seem moderate in comparison.Asshole.How, uh, modern of you! :D And the top marginal tax rate stayed there until 1963. For the rest of the 60's and the 70's it remained above 70%.Again, those rates applied to a much smaller and higher income portion of the populace and those people weren't having to pay Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid taxes. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that on average a much larger percentage of the population is paying a much larger share of their income in taxes...oh, wait! No, I wouldn't either. 50% of the country doesn't pay income tax these days! :smack: What was I think...uh, ahem, let me put it this way: of the people paying taxes these days, I'd wager that on average and as a group, modern day taxpayers pay more of their income in taxes and at an overall lower pro-rata income level than was ever the the case in 1950's and 1960's era America.

Starving Artist
10-22-2010, 12:56 AM
Does that mean the 60's are the fault of the 20's?

I knew it!Don't see how. What negative impact did the 1920's have upon 60's era America?

Ale
10-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Don't see how. What negative impact did the 1920's have upon 60's era America?

Uh, mafia/organized crime? Just to name one thing of the top of my head.

Leaper
10-22-2010, 01:20 AM
I assume, with this ejaculation, that you are attempting to assert that Obama is a US citizen? If so, please explain how his father was subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, as a Kenyan?

If it were as simple as that, I find it hard to believe that not one Republican or anyone involved in getting him his Senatorial/Presidential security clearances wouldn't have done something about it.

mhendo
10-22-2010, 01:25 AM
I assume, with this ejaculation, that you are attempting to assert that Obama is a US citizen? If so, please explain how his father was subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, as a Kenyan?I meant what i said. Your stupidity on this issue warrants you being treated like a backwards child. So run along and play in the street. And wear this hockey helmet.

Oldeb
10-22-2010, 01:30 AM
What is an "actual birther"?

Someone who honestly believes this:
The president isn't even a US citizen.
The point being that you've long since disconnected from reality. On the plus side, Morella, you can always take comfort in being right. It's not like anybody is ever going to convince you otherwise.

If the government is illegitmate can we get a cool government in exile? We should set up shop in Canada. They'd take us, right? Or maybe we could just operate out of the UN building in New York. That might be awkward though. And Canada has gays. So I guess that's out.

Tehran is pretty conservative though...

Starving Artist
10-22-2010, 02:06 AM
Uh, mafia/organized crime? Just to name one thing of the top of my head.In the sixties hardly anyone knew a wiseguy personally, and so little was known about the inner workings of the Mafia and who was actually in it that the Mafia itself was trying to claim with a straight face that it didn't even exist. To the degree that the average American knew anything about the Mafia at all, it was generally due to impressions created by television programs such as The Untouchables. The Mafia had no impact whatsoever upon the way people lived and conducted themselves then, nor upon societal standards of the time.

Robot Arm
10-22-2010, 02:18 AM
Don't see how. What negative impact did the 1920's have upon 60's era America?The same people who were impressionable children in the 20's and 30's grew up to be adults in the 50's and 60's. They couldn't help but be warped by all the flappers and the swing music. There were so many people experimenting with illicit alcohol that they actually pushed for and got it legalized. The carnage on our roads continues to this day. And look at images of the crowds at baseball games in the 20's, compared to the 60's. People used to know how to dress for the occasion, in a nice hat. Who can look at all those bare heads nowadays and not weep for the future?

Starving Artist
10-22-2010, 02:28 AM
I meant what i said. Your stupidity on this issue warrants you being treated like a backwards child. So run along and play in the street. And wear this hockey helmet.Ah, Lobohan's son (or little brother?) has decided to join the fray. We welcome your faux-intellectual, ivory-tower superiority and the insults with which you attempt to convey it.

And then we laugh at you behind your back. :D

Oh, wait...no, we don't! We laugh in your face! Yeah, that's it! What was I thinking? :smack:

The same people who were impressionable children in the 20's and 30's grew up to be adults in the 50's and 60's. They couldn't help but be warped by all the flappers and the swing music. There were so many people experimenting with illicit alcohol that they actually pushed for and got it legalized. The carnage on our roads continues to this day. And look at images of the crowds at baseball games in the 20's, compared to the 60's. People used to know how to dress for the occasion, in a nice hat. Who can look at all those bare heads nowadays and not weep for the future? Lame, RA. Very lame.

But thanks for playing.

And now I'm out for the night.

Robot Arm
10-22-2010, 02:41 AM
Lame, RA. Very lame.Yeah, you're right. I forgot to include sex.

I mean, have you seen the birth rates in 50's? They must have been screwing like rabbits back then.

But thanks for playing.No, seriously, how is my argument substantly different from yours, that "the society of the the 60's didn't create the conditions that existed then but the society of the last forty years has created the problems that exist now"? Every era creates the conditions for the eras that follow. To suggest that we somehow started from scratch in the 60's is absurd.

Lobohan
10-22-2010, 03:08 AM
Ah, Lobohan's son (or little brother?) has decided to join the fray. We welcome your faux-intellectual, ivory-tower superiority and the insults with which you attempt to convey it.

And then we laugh at you behind your back. :D

Oh, wait...no, we don't! We laugh in your face! Yeah, that's it! What was I thinking? :smack:You're defending someone who doesn't know that the president is an American. Someone that stupid and uninformed.

Think about this you ancient sack of shit. Actually try to think. Look around and smell the pigs you're laying with. Morella isn't a conservative. She or he isn't someone you should be defending. She or he is a wretched barely sentient animal. A fucking dog.

Why do you feel you need to reflexively defend such garbage? Are you really so unthinking and robotic? Even you, even someone so partisan and binary must see that you're not on the side of angels here. Don't you?

Robot Arm
10-22-2010, 03:27 AM
Are you really so unthinking and robotic?Hey!

Lobohan
10-22-2010, 03:28 AM
Hey!I meant no 'arm.

:D

Ale
10-22-2010, 03:42 AM
In the sixties hardly anyone knew a wiseguy personally, and so little was known about the inner workings of the Mafia and who was actually in it that the Mafia itself was trying to claim with a straight face that it didn't even exist. To the degree that the average American knew anything about the Mafia at all, it was generally due to impressions created by television programs such as The Untouchables. The Mafia had no impact whatsoever upon the way people lived and conducted themselves then, nor upon societal standards of the time.

Are you saying that because most people didn't know mafiosi directly that the american mafia had no influence in society during the 60s? :dubious:

Again, just off the top of my head I can point the noxious influence the mafia had in unions.... which is funny because I'm quite sure I've seen you ranting about unions more than once.

Starving Artist
10-22-2010, 04:59 AM
How many times does this have to be hammered home? It was good for a certain section of society. But it was also really bad for another section. When we started integrating (and not just racially), the good group went down, but the bad group went up. But then it was finally possible to improve things for everyone.

I mean, I'm all for bringing back politeness. It's what political correctness tried to do. You can't do it the old way, because that requires homogeneity of culture. We've got to get people to agree on what is and is not polite before we can implement it.Sorry to have overlooked your post, BigT. I'll try to get back to it tomorrow. I've got a doctor's appt. tomorrow morning and am under the influence of Ambien right now, which for some reason isn't keeping me alseep but still feeling woozy. So I don't think I could post much of a post right now. I'll try to get back to it sometime tomorrow after dr.s apointments and subsequent errands after that. As for now I'm gonna take a stab at more sleep.

Morella
10-22-2010, 05:35 AM
I meant what i said. Your stupidity on this issue warrants you being treated like a backwards child. So run along and play in the street. And wear this hockey helmet.

This is supposed to explain why Obama Hussein Sr. was subject to the jurisdiction of the United States?

I asked a very specific question here, and the fact that you cannot answer it does not make me stupid.

Morella
10-22-2010, 05:37 AM
The point being that you've long since disconnected from reality. On the plus side, Morella, you can always take comfort in being right. It's not like anybody is ever going to convince you otherwise.

This is your chance to convince me right now. Why was Hussein Sr. subject to the jurisdiction of the United States?

Starving Artist
10-22-2010, 05:39 AM
You're defending someone who doesn't know that the president is an American. Someone that stupid and uninformed.

Think about this you ancient sack of shit. Actually try to think. Look around and smell the pigs you're laying with. Morella isn't a conservative. She or he isn't someone you should be defending. She or he is a wretched barely sentient animal. A fucking dog.

Why do you feel you need to reflexively defend such garbage? Are you really so unthinking and robotic? Even you, even someone so partisan and binary must see that you're not on the side of angels here. Don't you?Well, frankly there are some certain areas where I'm simpatico with morella, but in poin of fact I was responding to mhendo himself and not defending the poster he was talking to. His posts bear such a striking similarily in tone and insult that they've become pretty much generic and could be applied to anybody. This is why I failed even to notice who he was talking to.

And I'm hardly ancient, either. And most certainly not when compared with you. In fact, based upon our releative lifestyles and energy levels I'd guess I'm younger than you are. Care to reveal your true age and find out?

But I'll have to learn the answer tomorrow. I took another half tablet of Ambien and am beginning to fade. G'night.

Morella
10-22-2010, 05:41 AM
The same people who were impressionable children in the 20's and 30's grew up to be adults in the 50's and 60's. They couldn't help but be warped by all the flappers and the swing music. There were so many people experimenting with illicit alcohol that they actually pushed for and got it legalized. The carnage on our roads continues to this day.

Your mother must have dropped you on your head!

Gyrate
10-22-2010, 05:49 AM
This is supposed to explain why Obama Hussein Sr. was subject to the jurisdiction of the United States?

I asked a very specific question here, and the fact that you cannot answer it does not make me stupid.
Are you suggesting that Obama had no mother and therefore sprang from his father's forehead via some form of parthenogenesis?

'Cause that'd be awesome.