PDA

View Full Version : No topic, off-the-cuff MMP

Pages : 1 [2]

FairyChatMom
12-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks, rosie. My next project is a biggie - I'm going to make a chess set, including the board, and all the "men" will be penguins.

A little gem I have to share - we were watching the news last night and they reported that Harry Morgan died. The far-too-young blond newsreader went on to say he was best known for playing Col. Porter on M*A*S*H. :rolleyes:

I've got a fire going and it's starting to warm up a bit in here. Finally.

swampbear
12-08-2011, 02:44 PM
It's cool here. Only 57 degrees Amurrkin out! I just know there's an ice berg in the pool! :D

Looks like red beans 'n rice is a good call for dindin. Warm comfort food on a cool day. NUM!!!

Lissla Lissar
12-08-2011, 03:01 PM
I should wake the kidlet up, but it's so peaceful, and he looks so so so cute. He's asleep on the couch.

Hope Gnat's doing okay and has not yet driven his grandparents to murder him.

Mac'n'cheese or spanish rice for dinner?

swampy, it's finally got below freezing here. I'll send you a polar bear. Oh, that reminds me, I have a friend across the street (mom of one of Gnat's friends) who bravely teaches grade seven and eight. Last year some time she was trying to explain for the umpteenth time that polar bears don't eat penguins, because they're at opposite poles, and they never fucking meet!!!

Lots of round eyes. Oops. "Miss, you said the 'f' word!..."

Ashes, Ashes
12-08-2011, 03:06 PM
The chess set sounds like fun FCM. I wonder how the different pieces will be-- how'd you make a queen penguin? Also, Porter? It's MASH, you can find it on TVLand any time you want practically. I can see mixing Henry and Harry, but c'mon! Must not have done their time watching re-runs like good A'merkins.

Taters, I'm thinking hubby should have taped a bucket to each foot. Yep, that'd work. See if a body shop couldn't at least improve the dent. You can't just leave it-- they attract more dents! Scientific fact I've proved myself. See my research? Impressive I know.

Swampy, double dog dare ya to jump in the pool.

Don't wanna clean and do laundry. It's warm here under the blanket, just us animals, snuggling and enjoying hot beverages.

Is V Tech really out now, Soapy? It might be especially safe since they'd be vigilant. Or is it fear of the campus becoming a trouble magnet? Kids really are your heart, running around on their own.

FairyChatMom
12-08-2011, 03:13 PM
A2 - I figure the king and queen will both have crowns, but I'll give the queen a necklace or a purse - haven't decided. The one I still need to work out is the rook. I'm going to look at different chess sets on line for some ideas.

Time to make supper...

anyrose
12-08-2011, 03:27 PM
the rook has to be an igloo!

Ashes, Ashes
12-08-2011, 03:35 PM
A purse! And she can be doing a light bulb replacing wave!

Sticks and Scones
12-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Just an idea, not sure if it would help, but if you went back (or maybe went somewhere new if you don't trust the place that did this to you in the first place) they could help you figure out a way to style it with this cut that wouldn't look so bad? Or maybe they could modify the cut slightly so that it looked better/was easier to style more attractively? I grew up with endless crappy mom-job haircuts and I know how much it sucks to go out knowing your hair doesn't look good. :(

Thanks! Fortunately I discovered that my hair is still long enough that I can pull it up in the front or pull it back with a little help from barrettes, so I'll probably be doing that.

It's been quite a day so far. Now I'm just sitting here waiting for class to start and for my turn to give a presentation.

Everyone cross your fingers, there's a chance I might still get an A in this class if I tap dance nicely.

FairyChatMom
12-08-2011, 04:20 PM
the rook has to be an igloo!I thought about that, but aren't igloos identified with the North Pole? We can't have an inaccurate chess set, can we... ;) Maybe an iceberg would be appropriate??

A2 - I hadn't considered the wave - I'll have to see if I can make it work.

Supper was quick and good. The house is cozy warm. It's about dark out. I shall assume the knit position soon. Life is good.

congodwarf
12-08-2011, 04:20 PM
It took me 3 tries over 3 days and a whole bottle of pure acetone but I have proven that it is possible to teach yourself how to put on acrylic nails and it's also possible to put them on yourself, even when you're not ambidextrous.

I had an epiphany last night while trying to sleep.

Professionals look straight at the fingers while putting the nails on. I was looking at them from the side. No wonder they kept coming out looking lopsided. So, for attempt number 3, I stretched out my wrists and looked at my fingers from the front. Voila!! Nice nails!

They're still a tad longer than I want but I HATE filing my nails so I took a break for now. I'll do them again later.

Now that my fun is done, time to get back to psychology. In spite of my time wasting attempts, I have still managed to read 3 chapters over the last 2 days.

Ashes, Ashes
12-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Oh crud Soapy, here I thought your worries about Tech were about an older incident. This is scary and horrible just to think about.

swampbear
12-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Dindin is et. Also made a quick stop by the horsepistol on the way to da cave to check on local mom who is there due to some kind of uti thingy. She's gettin' antibiotics for a few days. Ick.

Slow cookers are one of the best inventions of all time. The red beans were perfect and all I had to do was cook up some rice and make a green sallit. MMMMMM!

Ain't jumpin' in no pool no matter what. So There! :p

Sticks and Scones
12-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I am posting this from class. Ha! You can tell how exciting it is in here... I've presented and now I'm just waiting to do a happy dance.

The Vorlon
12-08-2011, 05:57 PM
I saw one once about 8 years ago when my daughter was in Kindergarten. Her girl scout troop was over (I was the leader) and the aurora was dimly shimmering out our back yard. It was faint, but pretty.

This, last night, was like lightening behind a thick cloud cover. The whole part of the sky lit up. First bright fluorescent green and then pulses of red.

FREAKED ME OUT! I had no idea what was going on, I was sleepy and it was 2:30 in the morning!

Still not sure what it was, for sure!

Soapy, that was the front going past---we had a big tstorm about a hour later, so the timeline fits. Today, if I had a windmill, I would have been rich.

gardentraveler
12-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Yo prefiero escribir en español en vez de francés. :)

Cuz shouldn't someone named Gomez spout stuff in Spanish? :D

Hope everyone's feeling better and/or all ready for various medical procedures.

Hope you get to enjoy the vacation from Nat, LiLi.

Very cool penguins, FCM!

I'm sure there was more, but I'm tired and should probably go to bed because I hardly slept last night.

Hugs.

GT

SpazCat
12-08-2011, 08:09 PM
My driver's side car door was frozen shut this morning. I could not get it open at all. Fortunately my passenger side door opened so I could crawl through that way. Then I get to work with the heater running full blast and I had to bodyslam the driver's side door to open it.

Then the day went rapidly downhill.

I was talking to someone about my crappy day today and rounded it off with "and to top it all off my car doors were frozen shut!" She laughed and said, "That's just the icing on the cake."

:rolleyes::D

Sticks and Scones
12-08-2011, 08:51 PM
My driver's side car door was frozen shut this morning. I could not get it open at all. Fortunately my passenger side door opened so I could crawl through that way. Then I get to work with the heater running full blast and I had to bodyslam the driver's side door to open it.

That used to happen to me when I was driving the family convertible one winter. Annoying as heck.

Ok, so, school is over for the next month! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And tomorrow is going to be totally awesome. A friend of mine works at a local landmark that has a holiday lighting thing along with madrigal singers and tours and she's got extra tickets. Yee haa!!!!!!!! I've just got to remember to go make sure that the camera battery is charged and figure out where my dad put the memory card.

On that note, I'm exhausted and think I'll head off to bed.

Nite nite, all!

Dolores Reborn
12-08-2011, 09:40 PM
My presentation was postponed until next Tuesday, due to conflicting schedules of one (major) attendee. So now the one attendee (my supervisor) who I really wish wasn't going to be there, is. Crap.

I was ready to be done with this.

Hugs and smooches and ass grabs and clue-by-fours - pick out what ya need!

dogbutler
12-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Boys! Don't fight over me! There's plenty (and I do mean plenty) for both of you.

What about me? :(;)

working like a machine, read but did not retain, rosie's sig to all. Very cold.

gotpasswords
12-08-2011, 10:27 PM
My driver's side car door was frozen shut this morning. I could not get it open at all. Fortunately my passenger side door opened so I could crawl through that way. Then I get to work with the heater running full blast and I had to bodyslam the driver's side door to open

Once things are thawed out and dry, get yourself some silicone spray and give all of the rubber weatherstripping a good spray. This will make it nearly impossible for the doors to freeze shut.

FairyChatMom
12-09-2011, 04:48 AM
Good morning, Happy Firday, and Happy Anniversary to me! :D Today is our 28th - not bad for only knowing each other 4 weeks before eloping. :D :D :D Following the tradition we started 6 or 7 years ago, we're going to the Japanese Steak House in Wildewood. It's a bit pricey and the "show" never changes, but the food is really really good and, heck, it's a tradition! So yay!

I'm up idiotically early because a certain daughter of mine called last night and asked me if I could meet her at the dealership this morning and let her have my car while hers is being serviced. Did she think to have me meet her there on her way home yesterday? Of course not. Dumb kid. But I'm nice, dammit, so here I wait for her call that she's on the way.

Not that it matters - idiot dog would have woken me anyway. That'll be one nice thing about my sweetie being in the hospital - no dog at Mom's! Yay!

That's all I've got. It's 28° and frosty out, but the fireplace insert is still warm, so this room is comfy. Today will be laundry day and strain-the-chicken-broth day and start-to-gather-stuff-for-the-hospital day. Yes, I hate to rub your collective noses in it, but that is the excitement of a retiree's day. :p

swampbear
12-09-2011, 05:29 AM
Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffienatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 33 Amurrkin out with a predicted high of 65. Well, BRRRRR! :D

HAPPPY FAIRYCHATIVERSARY!!!!!!

Japanese restaurant places where they do the show thing are fun. The really good one here makes a sake martini that is to die for. Well, three of 'em would be to stand up and fall flat on your face for. They be stout!

I don't have to worry about iced over windshields or frozen doors bein' as I get to park in my very on garage. That is one of the joys of homeownership. Or garageownership as the case may be.

Now I must seek more caffiene and feed rumbly tummy. Then, alas, irk purtification must commence. Rah. At least it's Firday.

Happy Firday Y'all!

SpazCat
12-09-2011, 06:04 AM
Happy Fairyversary!

I'm taking a day off to recuperate from the no-good very bad day I had yesterday. Can't really monetarily afford it, but mentally I need it. This would be what the teaching profession calls a Mental Health Day. Every profession needs them.

dogbutler
12-09-2011, 06:05 AM
Up, caffeinated, off to irk. 33 now. 60 in the store.

HAPPPY FAIRYCHATIVERSARY!!!

swampy, my favorite Japanese restaurant doesn't do the show, but the bartender gives me extra olives in my gin martini. Good thing, since C steals them.

Ashes, Ashes
12-09-2011, 06:05 AM
He'p me-- I'm buried in animals! None of them really like the others (well, Sweet Pea loves too much), so the peace treaty is very uneasy, here in Blanket Land.

I took all my eye shadows and put them in a new palette, so they're all in one place, no chips or nothin'. Hours of powdering and pressing, smudges half of everywhere, and a sore back, but there is order! Neatness! All is right until my OCD/German background finds something else to micro-organize.

Has everybody got their gloves and warm boots? It's cold out there. One thing I always wondered about. If you know it's going to snow, could you put some sort of cover over your car's window and then pull it off in the morning? Like silpat for cookies only on your car. Don't laugh too hard if that's ridiculous, I'm a desert kid.

Happy Anniversary FCM and FCD!

FairyChatMom
12-09-2011, 06:15 AM
Brrrrrrrrr! Daughter just dropped me off and went to work. It's cold out there - frost on everything, but, like swampy, I have a garage so I didn't have to scrape my car. :D And it's cooling down in the house. I'd stoke up the fire, but FCD is going to check the fan and see if he can quiet it down some, so it needs to be cool enough for me to remove it. But when he's done, fire away!!!!

I have a pair of gloves, believe it or not, in the glove box of my car! Really! Plus another pair and a hat in the basket that usually lives in the back of my car but currently sits in the garage. I've got boots somewhere, but I only wear them to shovel snow. Here's hoping I don't need to wear them too much this year.

I's hongree!! I think I've got a couple of 'nanner muffins in the freezer - off to forage!

SpazCat
12-09-2011, 06:50 AM
One thing I always wondered about. If you know it's going to snow, could you put some sort of cover over your car's window and then pull it off in the morning? Like silpat for cookies only on your car. Don't laugh too hard if that's ridiculous, I'm a desert kid.

The only problem I see with this is if the window cover freezes on. A whole-car cover would be better, but those are heavy as all get-out when they're covered with snow.

Ashes, Ashes
12-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Plus, what do you do with it when you're not using it? Cold and wet, like umbrellas. Ah well, another million dollar idea slips from my fingers.

Dolores Reborn
12-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Happy Firday, and Happy Fairyversary!

Not much work to do today. Boring! I have to do my yearly review thing, which is due Monday afternoon. Happy happy joy joy.

But only three days next week, and then I'm on vacation until NEXT YEAR! Wheeee!

Got the heater at home fixed yesterday. It was a bad breaker. I love my AC guy neighbor. He went to Home Despot and bought a new breaker and installed it for us. Nice and toasty last night.

However, it's freezing in here. They cannot find a happy medium. I keep having to put my coat on.

Have a good day, everybody!

swampbear
12-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Takin' my Friday mornin' turn at phone duty. Rah. It's kinda quiet but not :eek: quiet, so that's good. I want today to be over however. I foresee warm pizza and cold beer in my future. Yay!

anyrose
12-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Happy FairyChat-i-Versary

Sticks and Scones
12-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Mickey just came strolling in the room with one of my bras around her neck. It didn't even seem to phase her as she calmly headed for the water dish. The funniest thing about this is that she managed to get the bra down from where it was laying on top of a pretty high place. I surmise that despite what seems to the contrary she is actually a schnoodle ninja dressed in a fat suit for her disguise. :p

FairyChatMom
12-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks for all the anniversary wishes! Youse guys rock! :D

We ran some errands this morning, and now I've got laundry going. I just finished applying for some pool positions at the local junior college. Not much hope, but you never know... Next stop is the local school system to see if anything there appeals.

Rebo - climate control at work was always an issue for me. I was almost always cold, delicate flower that I am. ;) I learned early on to keep an extra layer of clothing in my locker.

Off to the basement with me - the dryer beckons!

Filbert
12-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Blimey, 6 pages! Everyone is bein' talky this week!

Oh, and happy fairychatversary!

No snow here yet, but it's cold, and we finally had a few frosts kill off the last hopeful flowers. Roll on spring.
Looks like the seed swap I was trying to organise might be going ahead, but at a totally different venue -a much bigger one- which is nice. :) It's not totally certain yet though. I'll invite you all nearer the time, of course ;)

I'm doing my annual 'I've not started buying presents yet' panic, made trickier by the current lack of job, hence lack of money.. Agh. I've been making stuff with the hope of selling it sometime, but none of it's suitable for anyone I can think of, which is annoying. (been making girly stuff, my family is decidedly ungirly). Might get 'em all socks.

If any of you get aurorae again, can you send me some? I always wanted to see 'em. Spend hours in the middle of nowhere on a freezing night once in NZ trying to see the southern lights, when I was there, 'cos they were predicted, but they never showed, and I couldn't feel my toes after a while, so I gave up. There's no chance where I live; too many city lights, any they only get this far faintly once every decade or so.

Dolores Reborn
12-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Done with my self-review, and submitted. Yay!

congodwarf
12-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Afternoon everyone.

HAPPY FAIRYCHATIVERSARY!!!

Couldn't sleep last night and ended up sleeping on the couch after 4am. Got woken up by a dog to the bladder. I went back to bed, in my bed, and just got up now. Ugh. Now I wont be able to sleep tonight either. Phooey.

My fingertips are sore from all the crap I've done to them over the last few days.

I finished all my Psych and Government reading yesterday. I also finished all my psych assignments and most of my government assignments. Now I just have to take a test in psych and a test and a final in government and a quiz in history and all my online classes will be DONE!!! Then I'll just have to finish Spanish on Tuesday and I'll be on vacation until January 17th and unofficially a college graduate!!!!

I think I'm going to take it easy today though.

Supposedly it's in the 40s out there but I'll just take the word of weather.com on that. No fire because I'm lazy and it's really not cold enough to waste the wood.

FairyChatMom
12-09-2011, 01:16 PM
My poor hands... yesterday I was unloading the kilns, and the assorted pieces in there were over 100°. Just now, I organized my freezer, handling poke chops and roasts, and fish steaks and frozen veggies and fruits, and it really hurt!! I need freezer gloves!! I need to pick the chicken off the boiled carcass, but it's been in the fridge all night, so it's gonna be cold, too! I'm letting it sit a bit to take the worst of the chill off.

The challenge tomorrow will be finding space for a bazillion twice-baked-N.O.T.s - OK, 10# is not quite a bazillion, but as crowded as the freezer is, they might as well be. I can leave a few in the fridge for my daughter - she'll be house sitting for us next week. I may put a couple of poke chops in the fridge to thaw also.

And I need to contact my baby bro - he's hosting Christmas brunch again. I need to find out if he wants me to bring deviled eggs again. Hope so - I just bought a dozen anna half. I suppose I could take a quiche. Anyway, his house, his menu, so I need to find out what my contribution will be. ho ho ho.

That reminds me - I don't think I shared this yet. We were lunching at the cafe in Leonardtown a few weeks back when they were putting up their decorations, part of which involved wrapping the pictures on the wall with festive paper and bows. One of them said HO HO HO HO HO HO etc all over it - white letters on red background. Except for on one of the pictures, the girl put the paper on upside down, so it says OH OH OH OH OH OH OH OH etc. :eek: Maybe Santa is coming...

:D

anyrose
12-09-2011, 01:21 PM
*koff* *wheeze*

The nerve of the doc telling me I had to come in to be seen before he can 'scribe me a Z-Pak. Doesn't he realize I'm too sick to leave the house?

Once before, an old college friend - now a doctor - called one in without seeing me, but I'd be pushing it if I asked again.

It only hurts when I cough.

Ashes, Ashes
12-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Poor anyrose, you need a gal-Friday, to take you to the doc, and fetch tissues and such. My doctor insists upon seeing me, but how would I know if I were really sick, if I weren't too miserable to go? Too bad housecalls are out of style.

swampbear
12-09-2011, 06:15 PM
{{{Rosie feel better!

Pizza and sallit (cause if'n there's sallit it's all healthy) for dindin. Oh and cold beerverages. Life is good! :D

Taters
12-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Happy Anniversary to the FairyChats!

I hope you get to feeling better soon, rosie.

It's been quite a day and I'm tired. I've read, but unfortunately have not been able to retain much. So, hugs, gropes, and smooches as required, wanted or needed to all of you.

FairyChatMom
12-09-2011, 07:41 PM
STUFFDED!!! Goodness, our anniversary dinner was yummerrific! We had sushi along with the hibachi meal - soup, salad, and (for me) filet mignon and shrimp and fried rice. These guys make the best California rolls!

Again, thanks for all the good wishes! :D I think we done good when we eloped.

Looks like my sweetie's surgery isn't coming a moment too soon. After we ate, we walked a few stores down to the grocery so I could get a couple of things, and he said he could barely walk. If he doesn't have instant relief post-surgery, I'm going to pop his doctor right on the schnozz!

Poor baby...

And on that note, I think I'll don my fuzzy robe and slippers and veg till bedtime. MWAH!!

gardentraveler
12-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Oh, yes! Everyone should have a gal Friday! Or maybe a guy. :D When I win the lottery....

Happy Anniversary to the FairyChats!

Dinner sounds like it was yummy, FCM!

Tired. Trying to fight a cold again.

Hope everyone's Friday evening is/was lovely.

Hugs.

GT

VunderBob
12-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Packed up and ready to go before the crack of ohmygawd back to Cottonfield County. I don wanna do this, not because of any attachment, but rather because it will be a lot of dirty work. Most of all, I want rid of the damned house and the bank off my back.

Taking extra clothes in case it goes long, and I need to find a cheap hotel room instead of driving zombified. Wish me luck...

congodwarf
12-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Tried to fall asleep and failed miserably. Gotta take Sweetie to work at 3:30 am so he can be there for 4:30 for a 5am crew call. Poor guy. He is not at all a morning person and frequently doesn't even go to bed before 3am. There's no way he's gonna be coherent enough to drive there. I'm gonna have to force him to go to bed in a few minutes.

I'll try to fall asleep again in a bit but it's not so necessary for me to sleep as it is for him. I can go back to bed when I get home.

Sticks and Scones
12-09-2011, 11:20 PM
I would just like to say:

Yahoo! Yay! Wheeeeee!!!!

Somehow a Christmas Miracle occurred and I ended up getting an A in the class which I bombed the midterm in and so I ended up with a 4.0. :D:D:D

And now, I think I'll go to bed because tomorrow will be a full day of cooking followed by two Christmas parties in the next two days. I'm going to make pepperoni bread, meatballs stuffed with smoked mozzarella, cheesy potatoes, and turtle tart with homemade caramel sauce. Whew. That's enough, I think.

Rosie's sig to all and to all a good night!

congodwarf
12-09-2011, 11:23 PM
That's awesome! Good job!

anyrose
12-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Yay Sticky!

FairyChatMom
12-10-2011, 05:06 AM
Congrats, Sticky! Your cooking plans put mine to shame - I'm just going to do a big batch of twice-baked N.O.T.s - you're going insane there!

It's long overdue for my internal clock to reset itself - this being unable to fall back to sleep at 5 AM is not fun. So I'll just whine at youse guys, who are probably all still comfy and frolicking in Dreamland - lucky ducks. <whine> And I just now remembered that I didn't put the block of cheddar I bought last night into the fridge. Fortunately, it was one of those hermetically sealed packages, so I doubt that overnight on the counter will spoil it.

Apart from the spuds, I'm going to make some chickie soup today. I prefer noodles and FCD prefers rice, so I'm going to make it without either and serve it over whichever one we want. I R SMRT! ;)

And I need to gather together all the stuff we have to take tomorrow. My mom sent me home with a small cooler full of stuff on Thanksgiving, so I need to return the cooler. My crazy cat sis will be at Mom's on Tues, so I'm taking the cat and mouse for her. We need to remember the walker and back support and some magazines and my knitting and I need to pack a bag for at least 4 days - probably 5 or 6, just in case. I should probably make a list so we don't forget anything.

At least it looks like the weather will cooperate while we're in Baltimore. As far as I can tell, it'll be cold, but no precip is expected - at least not as of today. Can't trust the weather-folk - they's sneaky!!!

OK, before my sleep-deprived self posts something way too inane, I think I'll wrap this up. I can't have my fellow Mumpers thinking I'm out of my mind. :D

Happy Saturday!!!

swampbear
12-10-2011, 06:34 AM
Good Mornin' Y'all! Up, caffienated and brekkied even! So no need to yawn this mornin'. :D 'Tis 43 Amurrkin out with a predicted high of 63 for the day. Nice! Plus, nuttin' pressin' needs doin' today so yay!

Congrats on the A and the 4.0 StickyBuns! You have earned the prestigious MMP * star! An honor bestowed on very few Mumpers. That's mostly cause we are a recalcitrant bunch of slackers. :D

Ok, off to do ummm... other stuff whatever that may be.

Happy Sattidy Y'all!

FairyChatMom
12-10-2011, 07:01 AM
I's hongree and my sweetie is still sleeping. If I eat and he wakes up and wants to go out for breakfast, then what?

Sometimes it's so difficult to be me.

Taters
12-10-2011, 07:59 AM
I'm up to watch the lunar eclipse. I woke up at 4:00 this morning, but the full on eclipse doesn't happen for another 10 minutes or so.

My husband actually woke up early to watch it too. He got up, made coffee and has stepped outside several times to follow the progress.

I have to run to the store today. I don't really want to go, but since my husband is going to make dinner, I'll be nice and pick up the ingredients he needs.

IvoryTowerDenizen
12-10-2011, 08:02 AM
I'm up to watch the lunar eclipse. I woke up at 4:00 this morning, but the full on eclipse doesn't happen for another 10 minutes or so.

My husband actually woke up early to watch it too. He got up, made coffee and has stepped outside several times to follow the progress.

I have to run to the store today. I don't really want to go, but since my husband is going to make dinner, I'll be nice and pick up the ingredients he needs.

Oooh! I hope it's pretty! I just love eclipses.

Dolores Reborn
12-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Having wireless router issues. Bummer. I'm on the phone with tech support.

Taters
12-10-2011, 08:17 AM
It's not as big or bright red as the last eclipse I saw, but it's definitely red. I'm sure part of that has to do with the light pollution. Still it's pretty neat.

FairyChatMom
12-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Aw, man, we apparently were out of the eclipse zone - they're soooo cool! When we were living in FL, we set up a telescope and watched one that way. Wonder when the next one hits the east coast?

I've got 31 N.O.T. baking in the oven right now. Most will be twice-baked, but some will go into soup for supper. I've also got a fire going, just to take the chill off the room. FCD serviced the blower yesterday and the lubricant he sprayed on it takes a while to dissipate - it smells funky in here. Oh well...

Other than that, I'm being a lazy bum today. I'll try to finish the sweater I knitted for daughter. Maybe. :D

All hail the lazy slug! :D :D :D

anyrose
12-10-2011, 10:06 AM
*koff*
why don't doctors make house calls anymore?

FairyChatMom
12-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Because it's an inefficient use of their time. Because all their stuff is in their offices, so other than a stethoscope and thermometer, what could they carry? Because we don't live in Mayberry?

But mostly, rosie, because they all hate you and want to see you suffer. :p It's a plot. They told me so. Really.

Are you laughing? It is the best medicine after all, right? Reader's Digest wouldn't lie, would they?

Poor rosie - feel better!

Sticks and Scones
12-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Yeesh.

I'm nearing the home stretch. The last of the pepperoni bread is in the oven. The cheesy potatoes are on deck to go in next, and the turtle tart and caramel sauce are chilling out. All I have left is the meatballs. I've got 1 1/2 hours to get them done, so I felt it was ok to take a break.

Thanks all for your kind words about my grades. I really am excited as I was certain I was going to get a B in that class. As a matter of fact, I even did a print screen of the page just in case she somehow changes her mind. :p

I'm going to use Rebo's recipe for meatballs and just insert cubes of cheese. I'll report back on my success or lack thereof.

Man With a Cat
12-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Last night went to the gym after work, met my waitress/paralegal friend at her place of employment for a beerverage and to give her a birthday card, got home and it was one of those mysterious occasional 'she's mad at me and not talking to me for no apparent reason' nights.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Oh well, she made coffee this morning, seems only mildly quiet this morning.

It's the CatKid's birthday today! Which, more importantly means it's only one week til my birthday!

I like my I-Phone 4S. Finally broke down last week and got it. I'd had a 3g before for, oh over a year at least. This is way better. And yes, I still ask Siri dirty questions. :D

Dilemma of the day: My wife's cousin died of cancer in Cincinnati yesterday. Her car is a P.O.S. and no way will make the drive, if she decides to go down there. She's being all "I don't want you to take time from your new job, especially this week (when I take the helm officially from the woman I'm replacing)" But I kinda feel like I ought to drive her down anyway. Flying is not an option.

Oh, and they re-made The Amityville Horror in 2005? Why? And did I already know this and just forget?

FairyChatMom
12-10-2011, 10:48 AM
CatDude - I have a similar question about all remakes - WHY??? Has everything been done already? I doubt it. Real answer - laziness and greed.

Lunch time - ham-n-swiss on wheat - yum!

Man With a Cat
12-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Unrelated question: Is my search ability faltering and I can't find mention of it, or has no one started a Dead Poll 2012 yet? Too early?

Man With a Cat
12-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Disregard. Found it.

Ya know what's weird? When simply Googling "SDMB dead pool" is simpler than the board's own search function.

:dubious:

congodwarf
12-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Oh, and they re-made The Amityville Horror in 2005? Why? And did I already know this and just forget?

It actually wasn't horrible, though not great either. However, I wasn't a huge fan of the original so I'd have to say I like the remake better. I suspect that Ryan Reynolds had something to do with that though. :D

Successfully brought Sweetie to work for 4:30 and was home and in bed by 5:45. Silly Ginger barking her fool head off is the only reason I'm awake right now. Wanted to sleep til 2.

There were so many cops out last night! One of them - from my own town - was tailgaiting me badly (didn't know he was a cop). Then he turned on his lights, which scared me badly enough to get the adrenaline going. Then he zipped around me and sped down the road - right into the McDonald's drive trough. :rolleyes: Thanks for giving my heart a jumpstart so you could get your damn egg McMuffin 10 seconds sooner. Next time, would you like me to speed so you don't get stuck behind that inconsiderate fool who's only going 35 in a 35 zone? Ass.

Yet another warm December day here in New England. It's just not right.

screw this....I'm going back to bed.

OpalCat
12-10-2011, 11:39 AM
The main reason I don't blow dry my hair and rather let it dry naturally (about 5 hours) is that I don't want to damage it from the blow dryer. But the other reason was reinforced to me yesterday. We were getting our family portrait taken at JC Penney for our holiday cards this year and my hair usually looks a little frizzy because I wait until it's dry to brush it (I have tried to comb my hair wet and I can't do it. I end up breaking hairs, pulling hairs out, and it takes about an hour anyway.)... so I decided to go to the inexpensive barber shop near my house and have a shampoo and blow dry so my hair would be nice and smooth for the pictures.

It took her 45 minutes to blow dry my hair after shampooing it. That's how thick my hair is. No wonder my arms start to tingle and fall asleep on those rare instances when I attempt to blow dry my own hair. Good god. 45 minutes. And some people do this every morning! I assume these people have thinner hair than I do. (Everywhere I've ever been for a haircut has mentioned how ridiculously thick my hair is. I have fine hair, but way, way, way too much of it.)

congodwarf
12-10-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm exactly the same. When I got a bunch of hair cut off to donate, my friend had to band it into 10 smaller bundles so she could cut it off. I had someone try it once with all my hair in one ponytail and she broke 2 pairs of scissors. Dumbass. I love thick hair but it really sucks having wet hair all the time because it takes so damn long to dry.

swampbear
12-10-2011, 12:27 PM
I have thick hair too. I keep it buzzed so it's easy to take care of my hair. I'd recommend that to both of y'all 'cept, bein' as y'all are wimmens that probably would not be a good idea. :D

We went by the horsepistol to visit the person I told y'all about on Thursday. There she was sittin' in the lobby with her husband waitin' for their daughter to pull the car around to take her home. She had thought she wouldn't get sprung until Monday. So yay for her! Oh and just so it wouldn't be a total wasted trip, we went and got some Mexican for N.O.L.

OpalCat
12-10-2011, 01:05 PM
I have thick hair too. I keep it buzzed so it's easy to take care of my hair. I'd recommend that to both of y'all 'cept, bein' as y'all are wimmens that probably would not be a good idea. :D

Oh, no, I've done that twice. I shaved my head (clippers with no guard, but occasionally with a bic) when I was 18 and kept it that way for a year. Did it again at 28 for about a year and a half. Doubt I'll do it again because I prefer long hair and it takes so long to grow back...

FairyChatMom
12-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Break time!! I just finished wrapping and bagging 16 twice-baked N.O.T.s, with 4 more in a container in the fridge for daughter when she house sits starting tomorrow. There are 11 more small ones baked and awaiting inclusion in baked N.O.T. soup for supper. And the leftover mashed mixture has been spread on the cut off skin tops, sprinkled with a little cheddar, and broiled till toasty. Yummy snack.

I've got one of those food saver thingies - the kind that suck the air out of specially designed plastic bags, then seals the open end. One of my former coworkers was selling it for cheap and I got it - it's great!! But it doesn't work for English muffin pizzas - at least not before they're frozen. ick. Mostly I use them for meats we won't eat within a few days and cheese that I buy in big chunks, then cut and seal in smaller chunks. I got tired of throwing away cheese that got moldy from not being wrapped properly.

But I didn't use it for the spuds - they're in regular zip bags. And my freezer is now mega-full! I can't even fit a carton of ice cream in there! :eek:

You people with thick hair make me sick! :p Mine is very fine and thin, and getting thinner all the time. I always wondered why my dad's sisters wore wigs and hairpieces - now I know. Oh well, if I go bald, I'll look all exotic, right? Or is that fright??

gardentraveler
12-10-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm exactly the same. When I got a bunch of hair cut off to donate, my friend had to band it into 10 smaller bundles so she could cut it off. I had someone try it once with all my hair in one ponytail and she broke 2 pairs of scissors. Dumbass. I love thick hair but it really sucks having wet hair all the time because it takes so damn long to dry.
My hair is thick, too and has been quite short for years because I can't stand either blow-drying it or letting it dry when it's longer.

I have a 4s too, CatDude (just got it this week) and really like it too. (It was a present, so even better.)

That's a dilemma, CatDude. I think if your employer would really be OK with it, you should go.

Went to the eye doctor this morning and have been home knitting and napping and watching movies on hulu. abc Family has a really amazing assortment of cheesy Christmas movies. I love them.

Am eating soup in the hopes of clearing out my respiratory system.

Hugs.

GT

Filbert
12-10-2011, 03:26 PM
I solve the hair issue by basically ignoring it- I've not had a haircut for about 12 years. It's about long enough to sit on, and it takes an age to dry. I used to just wash it before I went to bed, and sort of drape it off the top of the bed, but on cold nights it still wasn't dry when I got up... I can just ignore the wet now.

Just had a 'mulled stuff' evening at a friend's, which was nice. Saw a bunch of people I've not seen in ages, but left early 'cos I was driving, and everyone else was getting rather tiddled. I was on the mulled apple juice, and et more cheese than a person should ever eat.

anyrose
12-10-2011, 03:28 PM
it's not pneumonia but I did get a z-pak, thanks to a chorus friend who took me there and back & picked up my drugs along the way

ems
12-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Happy Sattidy!

Work has been nuts this week. I want to be retired like fcm. Speaking of which Happy Belated Chat-i-versary!

Get better rosie!

Today we planned to not do much but we ended up doing a lot - breakfast out, Target run, mr ems got a haircut, I got a prescription filled and a flu shot which I wouldn't ordinarily get but for the Greencard submission in January I have to have one, scrubbed the house from top to bottom, mr ems went back to Target as we were out of kitty litter liner thingys, kitty litter changed, Skyped with the parents, mr ems got the suitcases down from the loft so I can get packed tomorrow for going back to the UK on Thursday and now he is taking a nap and I may also do the same!

Only 3 more work days until 2012. Yay!

OpalCat
12-10-2011, 04:27 PM
I solve the hair issue by basically ignoring it- I've not had a haircut for about 12 years. It's about long enough to sit on, and it takes an age to dry. I used to just wash it before I went to bed, and sort of drape it off the top of the bed, but on cold nights it still wasn't dry when I got up... I can just ignore the wet now.

I get a haircut about 3 times a year at present. There was a period earlier in my life when I went years between cuts, though.

I, too, frequently wash my hair at night and then just sleep with a towel on my pillow and let it dry overnight. It's usually dry by morning, or close enough that I can get a brush through it. It still ends up a little frizzy, though. Straight-frizzy, not curly-frizzy.

IvoryTowerDenizen
12-10-2011, 05:20 PM
it's not pneumonia but I did get a z-pak, thanks to a chorus friend who took me there and back & picked up my drugs along the way

Hope it's something good and bacterial so the Z-pack does you some good!

anyrose
12-10-2011, 06:57 PM
you MUST watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzoGCG8w8Wc&feature=share) video (totally SFW)

swampbear
12-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Hope it's something good and bacterial so the Z-pack does you some good!
Even though I know this is not in any way meant to be, I find this kinda creepy. :D

Rosie HEE! That video is a riot!

Man With a Cat
12-10-2011, 07:28 PM
About ten years ago when I noticed the, uh - the beginnings of losing certain hairs on my head, I made a vow to myself to never, ever become Combover Guy.

So, every two weeks now I go see my friends at Great Clips (you could pay more, but why?..... oh wait, that one's for shoes) and the naked clippers run over my scalp.

SpazCat
12-10-2011, 08:06 PM
I've spent the last hour watching Faith No More videos on YouTube. I forgot how weird late 80s/early 90's rock videos were.

gotpasswords
12-10-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm doomed. <I>doomed!</I> I tell you!

For his recovery, DH found his triangle. No, not a nice polite concert ting triangle, but a big iron chuck wagon come 'n get it! type. every time he needs me, it's going to be Clang-a-lang-a-langa-Lang!

Just found that a friend of ours back in CA is having a spinal fusion surgery at almost exactly the same time as DH's surgery. Weird coincidence, but this isn't her first fusion, and with this one, she'll have a solid, unbending neck from C2 all the way down to T1. Yikes.

VunderBob
12-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Home safely from Cottonfield County. General tale to tell...

Sticks and Scones
12-10-2011, 11:28 PM
I had a wonderful time today. However, i didn't think I'd be standing very much and wore shoes with a wedge heel after cooking for about 5 1/2 hours this morning. It wasn't a very bright idea. :rolleyes::p

Now I'm just eating cheesy potatoes and getting ready for bed.

elfkin477
12-11-2011, 12:46 AM
My driver's side car door was frozen shut this morning. I could not get it open at all. Fortunately my passenger side door opened so I could crawl through that way. Then I get to work with the heater running full blast and I had to bodyslam the driver's side door to open it. The doors to my Kia Sephia, may it burn in hell, would freeze shut a couple of times a week every winter the entire time I owned it. Guess what: they can freeze open too. Then you can't get the door to stay closed rather than being unable to get them open.

Ashes, Ashes
12-11-2011, 02:13 AM
Sick stuffy icky. Need gal Friday to bring tissues...

Ashes, Ashes
12-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Raaawrrr! Who knew shopping could be therapuetic? Just got back from MalMart where I made a name for myself-- Raaawrrr!

It's good I didn't see that video before I left. I know people just like that. It's joyful.

Hey two cats in a row! ^

Faith No More is always good, as is no combover. Don't be that guy!

Before the meds kick in, Imma gonna play my triangle. Ding a ling a ling...

swampbear
12-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffienatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 40 Amurrkin out with a predicted high of 54. Tonight and tomorrow forecasts call for chilly and rain. Rah.

I has sinuses this mornin'. All sniffly and sneezey. Also my face is puffy like. No temp or cough, so I know it's just sinuses. Think I may take some Benadryl TM in a bit and go back to beddy bye. I do not foresee deheathenization this mornin'. Don't feel like it.

Alright, who gave A2 a triangle? Now there'll be no peace at all! :D

gotti all ya have to do is distract DH and then "lose" the triangle. Then you pretend to search high and low for it leavin' nuttin' unturned but just can't find it. Damndest thing sump'n that big just "disappearin" ain't it? :D

Mayhaps I should take a steamy shower. That might help.

Happy Sunday Y'all!

VunderBob
12-11-2011, 06:59 AM
OG, I am sore today.

Sticks and Scones
12-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Three little doggies woke me up an hour before my alarm was set to go off this morning. Oh well, it's only sleep.

I forgot to mention that Rebo's meatball recipe is great! However, I needed to reduce the cheese or increase the meatball mixture because there was too much cheese and it all oozed in little puddles. :smack: They're tasty puddles, though.

congodwarf
12-11-2011, 07:26 AM
What a coincidence! Three little doggies woke me up an hour and a half before my alarm was set to go off. Luckily we went to bed really early last night and we were both awake enough to get up and stay up.

My best friend and her son are coming over to help put up the tree. They did their own but both started crying so they're gonna try again (her marriage is over and her ex died this past spring son is sad too). Hope it helps them to get the cabin ready for the holiday. I know her son will enjoy playing with the doggies.

Breakfast was OJ, coffee, and chocolate covered pretzels. My nutrition class is paying off. :D

gardentraveler
12-11-2011, 08:18 AM
::Covers ears to avoid the clanging.::

I slept until almost 8:30! Cool!

I have itchy eyes this morning, which makes me think part of my sniffles is due to allergies. I'm thinking there must be some new allergens hiding in my house somewhere. So today's big project is cleaning. I'll be running everything possible through the washer and dusting and vacuuming (dutifully weaering a dust mask, i'm afraid).

Have had some oatmeal and am sipping café con leche and working on some knit flower stuff that I'm including in my Christmas presents (assuming they turn out as nicely as I'd like).

Happy Sunday, all!

GT

FairyChatMom
12-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Productive morning here. We went to breakfast early and were in WalMart by 8. FCD wanted some comfy lounging-around-the-house pants for his recuperation, so he got 3 pairs of fleece jammie bottoms. We also got some waterproof bandages so he can shower. And I grabbed some kitteh kibbles and wet doggie food, precluding the necessity of fetching some as soon as we get back at the end of the week. So yay.

I've made a big pot of sketty sauce. Some will go in the freezer, some will be in the fridge for daughter to eat this week. It's simmering now, but I'll get it packaged before we have to go.

Next chore is packing. I've got to get FCD's walker out of the closet - wish I could find some flame decals to put on it! :D I'd decorate it with glittery garland, but he'd hurt me... OK, not really, but he's not big on Christmas decorations. I could put a bicycle bell on it maybe?? :D

I've also got to decide what knitting stuff to take - should I do more hats and scarves or start another afghan? I'll check out my yarn stash and see what I've got. I should get a lot done sitting in the hospital for hours and hours.

I heard from an old girlfriend from high school - she and I are going to meet for breakfast on Tues before visiting hours - that'll be nice. And Tues night, I'm going to dinner with my classmate from elementary school who I haven't seen since 1968. I sent him a recent photo of me, but he hasn't reciprocated, so I have no idea what to expect. I imagine he's changed in the last 43 years... :D

It's a snuffly morning here, too, and I'm pretty sure it's allergies, because I don't feel sick - just congested with occasionally watery eyes. I blame Taz.

And now, more chores...

Noone Special
12-11-2011, 09:28 AM
you MUST watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzoGCG8w8Wc&feature=share) video (totally SFW)
You mean, it's SFW as long as giggling uncontrollably at work counts as "Safe" :mad:

Raaawrrr! Who knew shopping could be therapuetic? Just got back from MalMart where I made a name for myself-- Raaawrrr!It's a well known medical procedure -- known as "Shopping Therapy" or "Retail Therapy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retail_therapy)" :)
I mean, for real (http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2011/04/08/retail-therapy-lifespan-seniors.html) like!

Before the meds kick in, Imma gonna play my triangle. Ding a ling a ling...OK... I'm definitely a bad person, because I read this as "gonna play with my triangle." (d&r, zig-zagging to avoid flying triangles.)

Sticky -- Yay for A's (if you get 2 of 'em, do you become A2? With a Triangle...? :D)

CatDude -- you should have been born a red-head -- we don't lose our hair :p (well... not yet, anyway.)

Filbert -- I've seen some long hair, but actually long enough to sit on sounds... intriguing. (And very "interesting" in a Chinese sort of way :eek:)

Man With a Cat
12-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Uh...let's see.

Up, getting caffienated, getting corn flaked, getting dressed, dropping off bears tickets at my friend's house where I'm told her and her daughters will be making cookies, going to the gym , then to a friend's place for the game and his birthday celebration.

Mmmmm. Cookies.

FairyChatMom
12-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Nooner - I have a friend who grew her hair to her ankles and wore it that long for years. Mostly, she'd braid it, just to keep it under control. She had lots of problems with total strangers coming up to touch it - not cool! When she finally decided to hack it off to shoulder length, Lock of Love got a bonanza!

Noone Special
12-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Nooner - I have a friend who grew her hair to her ankles and wore it that long for years. Mostly, she'd braid it, just to keep it under control. She had lots of problems with total strangers coming up to touch it - not cool! When she finally decided to hack it off to shoulder length, Lock of Love got a bonanza!Very rare, in the sense that most people cannot grow their hair that long.

Wiki, I know, but... (and bolding of course is mine)
Maximum hair length

The maximum hair length that is possible to reach is about 15 cm for infants (below the age of 1), about 60 cm for children (below the age of 13), and generally 100 cm for adults. Documentation for decrease of the maximum length with age cannot be found in the literature. Some individuals can reach excessive lengths. Lengths greater than 150 cm are frequently observed in long hair contests.[14] Xie Qiuping had the longest documented hair in the world, measuring 5.627 m (18 ft 5.54 in) in May 2004.[15]

The maximum terminal hair length depends on the length of the anagen (period of hair growth) for the individual. Waist-length hair or longer is only possible to reach for people with long anagen. The anagen lasts between 2 and 7 years, for some individuals even longer, and follows by shorter catagen (transition) and telogen (resting) periods. Between 85% and 90% of the hair strains are in anagen.

From here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_hair#Maximum_hair_length

Taters
12-11-2011, 10:03 AM
I used to have hair long enough to sit on. I then chopped it off to about the top of my butt. My senior year I chopped it off to the tops of my shoulders.

I cut it off mainly because it's so thick and heavy that it was giving me headaches. Over the years, I've let grow past the middle of my back and had it relatively short and then let it grow out again.

I've finally settled in just past my shoulders or the tops of my shoulders. It's still really, really thick and takes forever to dry, even with the turbo boost on my hair dryer.

I have a hair appointment for Friday, and I'll have it whacked to the tops of my shoulders again.

I've been up since about 7:15. I have coffee in hand and I'm thinking about what I need to do for the day. I need to do laundry for sure and since I didn't get our tree yesterday, I may do it today.

ems
12-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Up and having a wonderful lazy Sunday. Slept in until 7AM this morning. Whoohoo!

My hair is long and there is a lot of it so it also takes forever to blow dry not impossible to do but takes a while.

Things to do today include packing the Christmas presents I am taking home to the UK and sitting around in my jammies.

Dinner will be fish tacos I think....

gardentraveler
12-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Have knit stuff (I'm on the third leaf of my poinsettia pin), and am getting ready to do the power laundry. Really.

FairyChatMom
12-11-2011, 11:56 AM
I cut it off mainly because it's so thick and heavy that it was giving me headaches. That's why my friend cut hers - she thought it was contributing to or exacerbating her migraines. I was always amazed at how thick and heavy her hair was - when she braided it, it was like a large diameter rope. Her husband used to walk behind her to watch peoples' reactions to it...

Daughter is on her way. I still need to change the sheets on our bed and pack my bag, plus pick out yarn and a pattern. So why are you Mumpers distracting me??? Sheesh...

I'll try to check in from my mom's tomorrow evening.

anyrose
12-11-2011, 12:25 PM
The longest my hair ever got was to the small of my back. I used to be able to do all sorts of cool styles. At some point in my 20s, I decided shoulder length was good enough.

VunderBob
12-11-2011, 01:03 PM
I got more hair on mah butt than mah haid, so that makes it a bit easier for it to hit my ankles.

Ashes, Ashes
12-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Ding
a ling!
I'm on meds. It's not pretty.

swampbear
12-11-2011, 04:27 PM
So, BBBobbio's butt hair reaches to his ankles. This is information I did not need to know. :D

Howdy Y'all! I did go deheathenate this mornin'. Then I had a sammich for N.O.L. and took some BenadrylTM and slept for a long time. It's cold and drizzly out so not a bad thing to do.

This has been my day.

gardentraveler
12-11-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm off to get meds. (Who runs out of antihistamines?) And other stuff.

And yeah, gotta agree with swampy: that was TMI! (No one knows TMI like swampy does, after all.)

Hope everyone's feeling better!

Back later.

Hugs.

GT

congodwarf
12-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Well, Operation make BFF smile and relax was a success. She sat in front of the fire and snuggled with Iggy while her son, Sweetie, and I put up the tree and other decorations. Her son had a blast helping Sweetie set up the train in the loft. Now my house is festive and my best friend is feeling better. Her stress is so bad right now that her eczema on her hand is bleeding and needs to be wrapped. I've seen it bad before but never this bad. It's covering her entire hand and even after repeated trips to the dermatologist, nothing is making it go away.

Decoratin' (http://s862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/spike1380/) - The first 19 pics in that album are from today. The one with Holly in the front and the glowing blue eyes of Ginger (otherwise known as the Ghost of Christmas Present) is my favorite.

anyrose
12-11-2011, 05:53 PM
OMG shortdrum, I LOVE your house! So cozy!

I also love the clay ornaments.

FairyChatMom
12-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Made it to Mom's. Chillin' till bed time. We need to leave here at 4:45 in the AM - UGH. I'll try to post again tomorrow night with news updates.

MWAH!!

swampbear
12-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Festive shortdrum! :D

congodwarf
12-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks guys.

Rosie - We got really lucky. We can't actually afford this neighborhood but the original owner was dead and his lawyer and the estate's realtor did such a horrible job of marketing it that we got it for way less than it was worth at the time because no one even gave it enough of a look to see past the dirt and mouse poop (it had been empty for over a year). We both always wanted to live in a cabin so we were willing to give it the attention it deserves. It was custom designed for the dead guy so it has some strange touches - like the beautiful stairs that lead....to the attic and the loft that is accessed by a hatch in the dining room ceiling (and needs a ladder to reach), the wagon wheel light, and a charcoal grill in the kitchen wall. It's very strange.

dogbutler
12-11-2011, 08:18 PM
: waves :

Nice house, Shortdrum

I did not get deheathanated today. I did spend 6 hours watching football with my "just friend:)"

gardentraveler
12-11-2011, 08:27 PM
::waves back at doggio::

I love your house as well, shortdrum. All kinds of character. And coziness.

Did some more shopping. I think I'm almost done. I need to mull over a couple of remaining presents, but nothing major.

Bobbio, are you going to get us started with your tale from Vunderlair Mk 1?

Hope FCD's surgery goes very smoothly, FCM.

Cuz I'm pretty sure we don't have any volunteers yet for tomorrow.

Off to loll about and get ready for beddie-bye.

Hugs all.

GT

anyrose
12-11-2011, 08:39 PM
I just spent the last 30 minutes coughing. WTF? I thought the whole point of getting meds was to get better, not worse!

VunderBob
12-11-2011, 08:51 PM
GT, I won't be able to open tomorrow.

anyrose
12-11-2011, 09:41 PM
How the hell is the pulled muscle on the side of my gut supposed to heal when every cough just reaggravates it?

dogbutler
12-11-2011, 10:12 PM
How the hell is the pulled muscle on the side of my gut supposed to heal when every cough just reaggravates it?
I have the same problem. It's hell being decrepit, isn't it?

VunderBob
12-12-2011, 03:57 AM
Hey hey HEY! The old people comparing notes about Teh Sick have move over here (http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?p=14556136#post14556136).