PDA

View Full Version : BE the ice cream!

Czarcasm
02-28-2012, 10:44 AM
If Ben and Jerry's were to put out a new flavor to commemorate you, what would it consist of flavor and/or goodie-wise? Bonus points for naming the concoction.

obfusciatrist
02-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Mine would be called "Well Technically It Had To Contain Ice Cream To Be Called Ice Cream."

It would consist of 3 parts ground honey roasted peanuts (not processed peanut butter, just honey roasted nuts ground into peanut butter) and 1 part quality vanilla ice cream.

When left to my own devices at home with Ben & Jerrys vanilla (though I prefer Haagen-Dazs vanilla) that pretty much what I end up making. People wonder why I just don't eat the peanut butter straight out of the container.

I do that too.

Mister Owl
02-28-2012, 11:34 AM
The flavor would be called WTF?!!!! Mango and habanero, a sweet, exotic, seductive top note with a fiery, throat closing, lip pulsating finish. Oh, and it's better as a sorbet.

Eve
02-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Light coffee ice cream with a caramel stream through it: Eve Golden Shower.

Ellen Cherry
02-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Light coffee ice cream with a caramel stream through it: Eve Golden Shower.

:eek:

VOW
02-28-2012, 11:53 AM
I think Ben & Jerry already made mine.

Many, many (MANY!) years ago, we lived in the PacNW. I was served a bowl of ice cream, who knows the brand? It was called "Banana Split," and I loved it in a way that transcended the human plane of existence. This particular offering was a banana flavored ice cream with fudge ripples that contained crushed maraschino cherries and chopped walnuts.

I'm drooling with just the memory.

Later, while still living there, I actually found a half-gallon container (again, who knows the brand?) of Banana Split. That version was a Neapolitan style: three bands of ice cream, banana, chocolate, and cherry. VERY, VERY good, but not quite the same level as the first specimen.

In our travels all over the galaxy, I never encountered Banana Split ice cream again.

One day, not too long ago, I was browsing the B&J flavors at the supermarket, and almost fainted to see they now offered Banana Split. I immediately bought a carton, and probably had half of it gone by the time I hit the parking lot.

B&J features strawberries instead of maraschino cherries.

Let us not be distracted, though, because with strawberries it is definitely an enhancement to Life As We Know It.

But hey, B&J? Revamp the Banana Split with maraschino cherries, and name it "VOW's POW," or something along that line. And just have the delivery truck drop off a couple of cases at my house each time it drives through my area.

~VOW

Ellen Cherry
02-28-2012, 11:56 AM
NM

jsgoddess
02-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Well, Ben & Jerry's already has a couple of flavors that are pretty much perfect: Pumpkin Cheesecake, Volun-tiramisu, and the defunct Black and Tan.

But I would develop a coconut ice cream: cake batter, coconut cream, toasted coconut, some sort of graham cracker swirl. And call it "Let them eat cake... and pie!"

Czarcasm
02-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Maple/pistachio swirl laced with bacon bits.
Call it "MANna".

tdn
02-28-2012, 12:42 PM
King Krab.

Think it'll sell?

Czarcasm
02-28-2012, 01:50 PM
King Krab.

Think it'll sell?It's crawling off the shelves.

silenus
02-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Bourbon Nut Ice Cream

Self-explanatory, actually.

Czarcasm
02-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Bourbon Nut Ice Cream

Self-explanatory, actually.Along that route, how about "Long Island Iced Cream"?

VOW
02-28-2012, 02:38 PM
It's crawling off the shelves.

In a pinch, yeah.

~VOW

ZipperJJ
02-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Some sort of super-rich and creamy vanilla with sprinkles (it's not up to me to figure out how to get the sprinkles to not get all "melty"!)

Call it "Fat and Happy".

Miss Woodhouse
02-28-2012, 03:18 PM
cake batter ice cream with cookie dough and caramel swirls. And nuts. Lots of nuts. Make the nuts chocolate covered. Name it Sugar Coma.

chrisk
02-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Something like this (just not lactose-free,) used to exist in the Chapman's line-up, and I devoured many boxes of it. Maybe I should be grateful that they discontinued it, or I might never have managed to lose weight. ;)

Lactose-free vanilla and strawberry-flavored, in a large checkerboard pattern. (Not actual chunks of strawberry, just with strawberry syrup or whatever mixed into the pink squares.)

Call it Canadian Brainiac, because of the red and white Canadian flag and the chess connection. ;)

Rachellelogram
02-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Cookies and cream ice cream, with peanut butter cookie dough and peanut butter. I would call it peabut nutter.

TruCelt
02-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Pistachio Ice Cream with roasted pistachio nuts, bits of shortbread and a deep-dark-fudge ripple.

Call it "Pist-atchoo" so all the men in the world will catch the clue when their wives/GFs pull a pint out of the Freezer.

Or they could bring back the Coconut Almond Fudge, because that was heavenly.

Pissed at you.

zoid
02-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Maple ice cream with pancake, bacon, and habanero bits and coffee swirl.

I call it “Wake the fuck UP!”

Drunky Smurf
02-28-2012, 03:58 PM
If they didn't already have Peanut Brittle ice cream I would suggest something like that.

So I'll say chocolate ice cream with raspberry infused chocolate chunks and a raspberry swirl and maybe throw some chashew pieces in there.

Or maybe root bear float ice cream with a marshmellow swirl and a root beer swirl.

Chronos
02-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Dark chocolate ice cream, with Oreo cookie chunks (big chunks, not just crumbs), and Maraschino cherries.

Drunky Smurf
02-28-2012, 03:59 PM

I'd totally buy that.

TruCelt
02-28-2012, 04:19 PM

Great idea! But it the swirl needs to be really dark coffee, with extra caffeine, so that three bites = a normal cup of coffee.

Annie-Xmas
02-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Espresso ice cream with a butterscotch swirl. Call it "Espresso Yourself."

Malleus, Incus, Stapes!
02-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Something berryflavored (with actual fruit bits) inside a concealing layer of vanilla.

No wait, berries and crushed almonds inside plain vanilla. That way I could name it "Suprise, I'm Nuts". :p

Infovore
02-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Chocolate ice cream with big veins of graham cracker crumbs, marshmallow (caramel and regular), caramel, fudge, and fudge chunks about the size of the phish in Phish Food. Kind of like S'mores, only...more.

Call it "S'most" :)

DianaG
02-28-2012, 04:39 PM
I suppose it would be laced with Godiva liquer and be called Chocolate Martini, only because Dirty Martini ice cream is not appealing even to me.

In other news, the title of this thread just made me think "and I triiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiied to meeeeelt", so maybe it would just be called "Nothing."

tdn
02-28-2012, 04:42 PM
In a pinch, yeah.

Snappy answer.

Czarcasm
02-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Chocolate ice cream with big veins of graham cracker crumbs, marshmallow (caramel and regular), caramel, fudge, and fudge chunks about the size of the phish in Phish Food. Kind of like S'mores, only...more.

Call it "S'most" :)Please send this idea straight to Ben and Jerry's.

panache45
02-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Dungeon Delight.

Black-and-blue ice cream, dotted with silver-dragée studs, with silver gummy handcuffs and black licorice cat-o'-nine-tails.

Anything but vanilla.

GuanoLad
02-28-2012, 09:52 PM
I have no idea what's actually officially available via Ben & Jerry's, but I'd look towards something like Banana Aniseed or French Vanilla Liquorice. Name? Um... Anisotropical.

There used to be one back in my homeland called Fish and Chips (chewy fish candy, and chocolate chip, in sea green mint ice cream) and I wish that was still around.

zoid
02-28-2012, 10:21 PM

I'd totally buy that.

Great idea! But it the swirl needs to be really dark coffee, with extra caffeine, so that three bites = a normal cup of coffee.

I may just have to try to make this now.

Little Nemo
02-29-2012, 12:17 AM
"We Brought Mandarin Chocolate Back Because It Was Little Nemo's Favorite Flavor (And The Baskin-Robbins Version Sucks)"

Okay, it's a little wordy and the Baskin-Robbins lawyers might have a problem with it. But you get the idea.

Little Nemo
02-29-2012, 12:19 AM
But I would develop a coconut ice cream: cake batter, coconut cream, toasted coconut, some sort of graham cracker swirl. And call it "Let them eat cake... and pie!"They used to have a Coconut Cream Pie flavor that was pretty similar to this. No cake batter though.

Sudden Kestrel
02-29-2012, 02:48 AM
You know those Hershey's kisses with air bubbles in them? Well, it'd be that but without the chocolate, and they'd call it, "Did You Hear Something?"

panache45
02-29-2012, 04:53 AM
Santorum:

Creamy white sorbet, laced with dark chocolate.

Czarcasm
02-29-2012, 07:08 AM
Santorum:

Creamy white sorbet, laced with dark chocolate.You do realize that you are supposed to be describing an ice cream that commemorates you, right? :D

IvoryTowerDenizen
02-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Sweet cream base with all different kinds of salted nuts mixed in.

"Nuts, but Sweet"

kath94
02-29-2012, 02:07 PM
cake batter ice cream with cookie dough and caramel swirls. And nuts. Lots of nuts. Make the nuts chocolate covered. Name it Sugar Coma.

This is almost exactly what I get at Cold Stone. Without the nuts. So sweet it'll make your teeth tingle!

panache45
02-29-2012, 03:57 PM
You do realize that you are supposed to be describing an ice cream that commemorates you, right? :D

Well . . . it would have described me once . . . and only once.

salinqmind
02-29-2012, 05:50 PM
I used to buy this, and then they stopped making it: Vanilla ice cream with a really, really thick, intense ripple of raspberry. The kind of ice cream where you take a scoop and you see a pool of berry in the depression, and you take another and end up digging a big hole right through the center. Oh, and it was just chock full of salted cashews! Probably got too expensive to make any more, but they should bring it back. I'd buy it! I'd call it "Now I Can Die Happy".

orderfire
02-29-2012, 10:29 PM
They used to have a Coconut Cream Pie flavor that was pretty similar to this. No cake batter though.

That stuff was awesome. I wrote them a fan letter to tell them how much I loved it, and I learned that personally replying to customer letters and inquiries is something that everyone at the plant gets to do. I received a nice letter with a ridiculously swoony poem about my love for that ice cream, written by some lady in the production line, plus some coupons. Moral: always write fan letters. You never know what you'll get.