PDA

View Full Version : Tribe Brand Hummus - A Question...

Shark Sandwich
04-26-2012, 03:49 PM
So I'm sitting here enjoying some Tribe Cilantro Chimichurri hummus, and upon opening it a question came to me. When you open one of these flavored hummi, right in the center there's usually a blorp of paste-ish stuff that is the flavor of the hummus (cilantro chimichurri, olive, etc.). Should I mix this all up, thus incorporating the cilantro goodness throughout the entire hummus, or leave it in the center, dipping into it only when I see fit, and leaving unadulterated hummus around the blorp so others can enjoy it sans cilantro?

jz78817
04-26-2012, 03:53 PM
I do the latter. don't know why.

any time I've been to a Lebanese restaurant, they served the hummus as a shmear on a small plate, with any toppings (sumac, pine nuts, etc) sprinkled all over it.

ryan
04-26-2012, 05:42 PM
I mix the flavorings into the hummus. However, I live alone and none of my friends like hummus of any kind, so even on "game night" I'm the only one eating it and that's just how I roll.

ToeJam
04-26-2012, 05:53 PM
I mix about 50% of it up on one side, and leave a lil' of the blorp so that if I ever need pure jalepeno paste or something like that for another dish, i can just steal some of the blorp and use that for said dish. Or if a dish requires plain hummus, then again blorp side takes a hit. But if I'm eating hummus, I'm eating the mixed side.