PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Trion
03-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Oooooh. St. Paddy's Day stuff.

Intergalactic Gladiator
03-07-2013, 05:16 PM
"What are you looking at?" The innocent words... of a drunken boy.

Loach
03-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Oooooh. St. Paddy's Day stuff.

Oh boy now I have to sign on

Mahaloth
03-07-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm building the pub right now. O'Flanagan's. Is there anything else?

Trion
03-07-2013, 08:05 PM

Well, building the pub is titled "St. Paddy's Day Part 1" so I'm assuming there will be a part 2.

And the water's all green. I don't like that part.

Loach
03-07-2013, 08:48 PM

If you have a lot of donuts there is a leprechaun.

Sterling Archer
03-08-2013, 12:14 PM
I got the donut glitch!!! But it stopped after I had only earned about 80 donuts. Ah well. I bought Hans Moleman and Squeaky Voiced Teen but I am kinda regretting not going for a building, like Aztec Theater. Hopefully it happens every time I max my XP!

Loach
03-08-2013, 01:00 PM
I got the donut glitch!!! But it stopped after I had only earned about 80 donuts. Ah well. I bought Hans Moleman and Squeaky Voiced Teen but I am kinda regretting not going for a building, like Aztec Theater. Hopefully it happens every time I max my XP!

I just leveled again and got 2 donuts.

Just1Lurk
03-08-2013, 02:22 PM
If you have a lot of donuts there is a leprechaun.

And when you tap the leprechaun, you get money!

(That sounds vaguely dirty, doesn't it?)

Mithras
03-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Does anyone have an idea of what the odds might be? I have yet to win the jackpot on the regular scratch-offs, and I think I only hit the second prize once out of maybe 30 tries or so.

Also, is it just me or does this game have terrible touch location accuracy? Whenever I'm moving things around, even when I'm totally zoomed in, it feels like half the time it doesn't select the object that I want, even though the objects are not in any way overlapping or anything.

These are supposedly the odds (http://simpsonstappedout.wikia.com/wiki/Scratch-R). Seems accurate based on my experience.

The touch accuracy in Tapped out is probably worse than anything else on my phone. But I think I have better results if I aim for the upper-left corner of an object.

Intergalactic Gladiator
03-08-2013, 03:30 PM
I purchased a piece of land that's pretty much due north in the center butting up against the mountains and it had a burning shrub in it. I now have a burning shrub in my Springfield -- I think that means that I have to buy the burning pile of tires soon. ;-)

Hockey Monkey
03-08-2013, 05:47 PM
The burning bush is actually a premium item that costs 20 donuts. There are 3 of them located throughout the available land. You don't have to purchase the tire fire if you don't want to. :)

Sterling Archer
03-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Lol go to my town and look at O'Flanagan (by his pub on the NW side)

Warning -- extremely juvenile

Sterling Archer
03-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Woops NE side

mkl12
03-11-2013, 03:09 PM

Christmas and St. Patrick's Day in one loving package! :D

Labtrash
03-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Christmas and St. Patrick's Day in one loving package! :D

That's one helluva definition of "love" :eek:

Loach
03-11-2013, 09:14 PM

I have an irrational urge to do the same thing.

Mahaloth
03-12-2013, 08:38 AM

Can I add you and find out what the fun is? What's your name there?

Sterling Archer
03-12-2013, 08:02 PM
madillma

I put a reindeer by the pub so when O'Flanagan is doing his jig he looks like he is giving it the business... And really enjoying himself.

wombat99
03-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Just started playing - add me as a neighbor please? Wombatninetynine on Origin.

Mmmmm, donuts

Mahaloth
03-13-2013, 08:18 AM

Mmmmm, donuts

Added you.

Loach
03-13-2013, 07:58 PM
They add up but I was wondering if you can do more than one of each item. The apple tree gives you .5%. If you get two is it 1%?

One of the towns I visit is very creative. One of the things he does is a pacman theme done washing machines and shrubs.

I don't know about that but it's a good question. So far I haven't found a FAQ or anything yet, but I haven't been looking to hard either.

When I get around to it I'll post it on the game's message board.

Ok I got the answer from the forum. For those items that you can own more than one the bonus is cumulative. If you get 1 apple tree your bonus is .5%, if you get 2 its 1%. A good way to see how much bonus you are getting is to collect on the Gulp N Blow. Its base payout is 100. Anything you get over that is the bonus. Using some complicated math you should be able to figure out your percentage.

Loach
03-13-2013, 08:01 PM

Mmmmm, donuts

Added you.

AngelSoft
03-14-2013, 01:20 AM
Ok, I just installed this and I have a question. Does it take forever to load for everyone else? I mean, it takes like 2-3 minutes for it to load. It's to the point where I don't even want to bother opening it up.

Intergalactic Gladiator
03-14-2013, 06:52 AM
Somehow I broke my tablet Tuesday so now it won't boot up and I can't play it now and because of that I am sad. I called Lenovo tech support and the tech there couldn't figure it out either so I sent it in for repairs. I'm really starting to miss the game now but I guess I can only take it one day at a time and know that you guys love me.

wombat99
03-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Ok, I just installed this and I have a question. Does it take forever to load for everyone else? I mean, it takes like 2-3 minutes for it to load. It's to the point where I don't even want to bother opening it up.

It took a bit of time the first time I loaded it, because it had to install something like 63 updates, but after that it's not bad. Maybe 10 seconds max.

Sterling Archer
03-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Ok I got the answer from the forum. For those items that you can own more than one the bonus is cumulative. If you get 1 apple tree your bonus is .5%, if you get 2 its 1%. A good way to see how much bonus you are getting is to collect on the Gulp N Blow. Its base payout is 100. Anything you get over that is the bonus. Using some complicated math you should be able to figure out your percentage.

Interesting! So now that begs the question: What is the best addition to accumulate to maximize your bonus?

Mahaloth
03-14-2013, 04:22 PM
I was given a Shamrock Hedge today as a reward for doing the Patty day stuff.

Loach
03-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Interesting! So now that begs the question: What is the best addition to accumulate to maximize your bonus?

It all costs money.

I mean real money.

minionkat
03-14-2013, 06:47 PM
I tried to play after work today and it is telling me I need to update. Then the update takes me to Apple's website and says I need iTunes for this update. I am playing on my Android phone :(

I checked the Google Play store, nothing. I searched the forums, others are having this issue, but no resolution.

This is a bummer.

I was doing so well, and not buying donuts. I know everyone has finished their tasks, I timed them to be ready for me when I got home from work. I wanted to try out a few things that I read about...

Oh well, perhaps there will be a fix soon. Or not, based on what I've read.

Trion
03-14-2013, 07:26 PM
I tried to play after work today and it is telling me I need to update. Then the update takes me to Apple's website and says I need iTunes for this update. I am playing on my Android phone :(

I checked the Google Play store, nothing. I searched the forums, others are having this issue, but no resolution.

This is a bummer.

I was doing so well, and not buying donuts. I know everyone has finished their tasks, I timed them to be ready for me when I got home from work. I wanted to try out a few things that I read about...

Oh well, perhaps there will be a fix soon. Or not, based on what I've read.

Weird. I'm playing on Android and I got the update just fine. Got an episode related item.

minionkat
03-14-2013, 10:17 PM
I tried again after an hour and it was fine. So strange.

Just1Lurk
03-16-2013, 03:20 PM
The donuts seem insanely expensive to me. I mean, if I pay $10 I'd expect to get a nice variety of bonuses, right? $10 lets you buy 132 donuts, which is like ONE special building. Sorry, I'm not going to spend $10 so I can build freaking Lard Lad donuts.

But I won't deny I am slightly tempted by the Golden Scratch-R's. Anyone buying those?

Yeah, I've been buying 1 a week. The payouts have been split pretty much 50/50 between 6 and 9 donuts. My biggest win so far was 30.

Today I bought a ticket, then the game crashed before I could scratch it. When I got back on and played my ticket, I got another one. I'll let you know later if I got charged twice or if I got a twofer.

Mahaloth
03-16-2013, 11:49 PM
Two questions and I apologize if they were asked and answered in this thread already.

1. Does it matter what I click on when I visit my friends towns? Should I hunt for "big money" items, or does it more or less give me the same reward no matter what I click on?

2. What exactly triggers the quests? I am above level for several buildings, but their quests have not been triggered. For example, I'm at level 15 and haven't had the quests to build the church, moe's, the Java house, the orange house, or even Android's dungeon.

What kicks off these quests? Can we find out exactly what is required to start certain quests?

Thanks!

Hockey Monkey
03-17-2013, 12:46 AM
When you visit friends you need to vandalize the school, Moe's tavern, the police station or the town hall. If they have a mop symbol, you can clean them. This will raise your Righteousness rating. The five stars in your info bar show you your Conform-O-Meter. Five stars will get you and additional 5% bonus to money and XP.

This info is null and void for special events like we had for Halloween, Christmas and Valentines where clicking on a particular thing in your friend's towns was the goal.

The game progresses according to quest completions, not your level. Just keep completing the tasks. Sometimes a certain character needs to be free (not on a job) to trigger a task. I usually set all of my characters to work the same length job so when they finish I have them all free at one time.

There is also a forum (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/233.page) for the game and a FAQ (https://help.ea.com/article/the-simpsons-tapped-out-faq)by EA that is very helpful.

Loach
03-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Two questions and I apologize if they were asked and answered in this thread already.

1. Does it matter what I click on when I visit my friends towns? Should I hunt for "big money" items, or does it more or less give me the same reward no matter what I click on?

2. What exactly triggers the quests? I am above level for several buildings, but their quests have not been triggered. For example, I'm at level 15 and haven't had the quests to build the church, moe's, the Java house, the orange house, or even Android's dungeon.

What kicks off these quests? Can we find out exactly what is required to start certain quests?

Thanks!

In the forum this thread has all the requirements for each building.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9043283.page

Loach
03-20-2013, 10:02 AM

If you do the same with Duffman at the brewery it is even more juvenile. I'm so ashamed.

Mahaloth
03-20-2013, 10:38 AM
In the forum this thread has all the requirements for each building.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9043283.page

Thanks for that link. I've used it and added a couple buildings.

Labtrash
03-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Update !

Woohoo !

Lenny & Carl !!

...And a Buddhist Temple - just in time for Easter !

Intergalactic Gladiator
03-22-2013, 11:45 AM
I got my tablet back today and I have to start all over again. Wah wah...

Sterling Archer
03-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Bah, I just learned about this glitch that allowed you to have infinite donuts... but of course, they've already fixed it about a week ago. It involved running a race at the dog track and then doing a Scratch-R while the dogs are running. This would glitch your donuts total into negative numbers, allowing you to buy any premium items you wanted.

If anyone on here hears about other glitches, please share the info! :-)

pulykamell
03-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Bah, I just learned about this glitch that allowed you to have infinite donuts... but of course, they've already fixed it about a week ago. It involved running a race at the dog track and then doing a Scratch-R while the dogs are running. This would glitch your donuts total into negative numbers, allowing you to buy any premium items you wanted.

If anyone on here hears about other glitches, please share the info! :-)

Darn it!!! I was waiting to get to Level 16 to be able to do that. I'm halfway up Level 15 now. Grr....

BTW, love what you did with the stairway/escalator :)

ETA: But wait a sec, if you didn't take advantage of that glitch, how in the heck did you get the stairway? Isn't it like a gazillion dollars?

Sterling Archer
03-26-2013, 12:51 AM
It's only $1 million. :-)

Once your town gets bigger and you can build a butt load of houses, a million isn't all that much. I think it took me about a week to save up for the escalator.

pulykamell
03-26-2013, 09:18 AM
It's only $1 million. :-)

Once your town gets bigger and you can build a butt load of houses, a million isn't all that much. I think it took me about a week to save up for the escalator.

Yeah, I noticed some people have "slums" comprised of house stacked together really tightly. My feng shui just won't allow that. I have to at least put a street in between each row of houses.

Loach
03-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I noticed some people have "slums" comprised of house stacked together really tightly. My feng shui just won't allow that. I have to at least put a street in between each row of houses.

I agree. I hate the look of house farms. I've deleted friends with them just because they look ugly.

Just1Lurk
03-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Whoo-Hoo! I just bought my weekly golden lottery ticket, and not only did I get the twofer glitch again, on the bonus ticket I won 50 donuts!

Not only that, I finally saved up enough money to buy the toothpick skyscraper!

And I hate the look of house farms, too.

notipping
03-31-2013, 07:22 AM
resting666, and i'm up to level 15.

Mahaloth
03-31-2013, 12:53 PM
I agree. I hate the look of house farms. I've deleted friends with them just because they look ugly.

I kind of need them(I put them in the southern section of town) so I can reach the high levels and so forth. Once I do, they will be reduced and the town will be re-zoned.

Loach
03-31-2013, 06:14 PM
Rumors are the next special event will be for Whacking Day (May 10).

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-01-2013, 01:51 PM
I have one area where two brown houses and a white house are all in a small area, but I don't want to do the house farms either as much as I can help it. I think I'll replace houses with the other buildings as my Springfield gets bigger and I get more buildings. When I travel to the neighboring Springfield, a lot of the space is used up with the street -- the Cletus farm is completely surrounded by street for instance. It looks nice, but it's also a lot of street.

I did have a thought to make one street and have it spiral all around. It would be fun to try, but it also seems obnoxious if a character is way at one end and has to reach a destination on the other.

Ravenman
04-01-2013, 02:02 PM
So I'm trying to decide what to do with my 370-ish donuts that I haven't used. The main contenders are buying:

Buildings with Characters: Volcano Lair, the School Bus, Krustylu Studios

Buildings with Bonuses: Springfield Sign, Observatory, Lard Lad

Characters with Bonuses: Bumblebee Man, and Dr Nick.

I'm kind of leaning towards the things that get a building that produces dollars and XP along with a bonus character. What do you all think?

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-01-2013, 03:43 PM
So I'm trying to decide what to do with my 370-ish donuts that I haven't used. The main contenders are buying:

Buildings with Characters: Volcano Lair, the School Bus, Krustylu Studios

Buildings with Bonuses: Springfield Sign, Observatory, Lard Lad

Characters with Bonuses: Bumblebee Man, and Dr Nick.

I'm kind of leaning towards the things that get a building that produces dollars and XP along with a bonus character. What do you all think?

I haven't done the math (and I'm not gonna -- not while I'm too busy having beer and nachos with a former US president) but I've gotten both the bonus characters (Hans Moleman, Pimply faced Teen) and the bonus items (News Van, wrecked car) and getting a character or building seems like it has a better bonus than getting an item. The only task that I can do with the Pimply Faced Teen right now is a 24 hour one, but it pays off a whopping 225 XP on completion. Hans also has some nice payouts.

As you play more, you will get tasks that go with some of the items -- I know there's one for the news van, but it seems more XP and money = more better.

Trion
04-02-2013, 07:11 AM
When I travel to the neighboring Springfield, a lot of the space is used up with the street -- the Cletus farm is completely surrounded by street for instance. It looks nice, but it's also a lot of street.

My farm has a lot of street around it too. I know a more reasonable placement would be on the outskirts of town. But I haven't bought the outskirts of town yet. I'll be moving a lot around when I get everything.

Right now I'm trying to:

1) Complete all the levels and buildings
and
2) Grind up a good deal of cash in case the Whacking Day rumors are true.

All this while keeping my town looking reasonably nice. No house farming. I have no excuse for that - as an Android user no one can see it anyway. But I have standards, Damnit.

Loach
04-02-2013, 08:18 AM
I haven't done the math (and I'm not gonna -- not while I'm too busy having beer and nachos with a former US president) but I've gotten both the bonus characters (Hans Moleman, Pimply faced Teen) and the bonus items (News Van, wrecked car) and getting a character or building seems like it has a better bonus than getting an item. The only task that I can do with the Pimply Faced Teen right now is a 24 hour one, but it pays off a whopping 225 XP on completion. Hans also has some nice payouts.

As you play more, you will get tasks that go with some of the items -- I know there's one for the news van, but it seems more XP and money = more better.

The characters give decent payouts but the items increase the amount of money and XP you get from everything. Right now I get 50% more from everything I tap.

Loach
04-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Looking at the games message board I see a some educated guesses that the next major update will be this Thursday. There are a lot of people who spend a lot of time looking into this game.

Mahaloth
04-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Looking at the games message board I see a some educated guesses that the next major update will be this Thursday. There are a lot of people who spend a lot of time looking into this game.

How can they know?

Loach
04-02-2013, 10:29 PM
How can they know?

Some of those on that board somehow have access to the raw files or they are leaked. They were right about the Buddhist temple and other updates long before they came out.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9416861.page

Labtrash
04-03-2013, 09:22 AM

I am now in the process of "rejuvenating" my little house farm - mostly due to guilt.:D

Mahaloth
04-03-2013, 10:29 AM
I am now in the process of "rejuvenating" my little house farm - mostly due to guilt.:D

Heh, I am kind of as well. I'm purchasing south area land and moving everything there.

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-03-2013, 11:54 AM
I suppose it wouldn't look too bad if you have nice looking houses and then a row of the brown houses smashed together like some cheap housing complex. I have two brown houses close together but the other houses don't really lend themselves to that look because of their orientation. I have most of my houses along a street North of the Simpson house, but now I have some dead space between them and the mountain range. I can run a street back there or some fences and stuff, but I think I might just move the house back a bit. I want to do something that looks decent. I also want to have some room for expanding the city with more buildings.

I won two 100 donuts in a row yesterday playing the scratch it game. I spent them on Otto and his bus and Krustilu Studios with Sideshow Mel, which have nice bonuses. The bus takes up a lot of space though, so I turned it into a parking lot across a street from the school with a forest next to it. Not bad.

Loach
04-03-2013, 11:11 PM
I squeezed a few more houses in here and there. Trying not to make it look too crowded.

pulykamell
04-03-2013, 11:26 PM
I swear, this game is starting to piss me off. Today I was trying to work on an area around my church where I wanted to put some shrubbery in and make a cross pattern. First, it gets impossible to see where you're placing anything, as every time you put down a shrub, the damned XP icons show up, blocking your view. Place more than four or five down, and you have to exit, collect the XPs, and go back so you can see what the hell you're doing.

Then, I decided my spacing was off and I wanted to change it around. Even zoomed in, the fucking thing (as I complained about before) is terrible at figuring out where my finger is. Without any sort of exaggeration, it takes me about 5 or 6 tries to select the bush I want to move. Sometimes it's selecting a bush that's NOWHERE near my finger. There's no chance I'm just being fat-fingered, as it's picking up on a bush that's four or five squares away from my finger. I have no idea how the touch sensitivity can be so bad on this. It's annoying as all get out.

And then the damned thing crashes about once out of every five or six times I try to run it. I have to double click on my home button (iPhone 5), manually close/kill the process, and restart it. And then it also seems that every five or six times (not coinciding with when I have to close/kill the process), I have to relogin to Origin for some reason. Annoying as shit to have to type in my email address and password at least once a day.

I have no issues with any other program on my iPhone. Just this one. Buggiest damned iPhone app I've had.

LateComer
04-03-2013, 11:38 PM
I swear, this game is starting to piss me off. Today I was trying to work on an area around my church where I wanted to put some shrubbery in and make a cross pattern. First, it gets impossible to see where you're placing anything, as every time you put down a shrub, the damned XP icons show up, blocking your view. Place more than four or five down, and you have to exit, collect the XPs, and go back so you can see what the hell you're doing.
Your hard work didn't go unnoticed. Your shrub/flower cross is awesome.

I had trouble with crashing today also.

pulykamell
04-04-2013, 12:16 AM
Your hard work didn't go unnoticed. Your shrub/flower cross is awesome.

Well, thanks. I've been wanting to get a nice tract of land to start doing some fun decorative stuff. I still need to build up some money to get some serious real estate. I wish there were a way to login to your account on a computer to move things around and rearrange them. It'd be a hell of a lot more convenient.

Raza
04-04-2013, 09:35 AM
I feel for you guys playing on phone only. I play on both an iPhone 4S and iPad, and doing any sort of editing is immensely easier on the iPad (which is not to say problem-free, but better).

Loach
04-04-2013, 10:15 AM
I feel for you guys playing on phone only. I play on both an iPhone 4S and iPad, and doing any sort of editing is immensely easier on the iPad (which is not to say problem-free, but better).

I only play on the iPad. If I tried on a smaller screen it would cause shooting pains through my eyeballs. Maybe I need glasses.

Trion
04-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Something big coming Thursday.

Loach
04-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Something big coming Thursday.

Cite? Something is coming reportedly Whacking Day. The boards were all atwitter about last Thursday but nothing happened. As far as I can tell Thursday was the focus cause the last few updates came out on Thursdays but not all of them.

I think this week is a good bet given the supposed end date if the next event but I'm curious as to your source.

Trion
04-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Cite? Something is coming reportedly Whacking Day. The boards were all atwitter about last Thursday but nothing happened. As far as I can tell Thursday was the focus cause the last few updates came out on Thursdays but not all of them.

I think this week is a good bet given the supposed end date if the next event but I'm curious as to your source.

The game is my source.

Turn it on and read for yourself. It will download an episode tie-in update and further tease a bigger update for Thursday, Doubty McDoubterson.

Loach
04-08-2013, 10:54 AM
The game is my source.

Turn it on and read for yourself. It will download an episode tie-in update and further tease a bigger update for Thursday, Doubty McDoubterson.

I did. It didn't. I played it right after I posted. I'll check back later to see if it came through.

Trion
04-08-2013, 11:03 AM
I did. It didn't. I played it right after I posted. I'll check back later to see if it came through.

*Shrug* I don't know what the problem is on your end, but I got it fine. And I'm using Android.

Anyway, for people who don't have the game on them, here's some more info:

http://tstotips.com/2013/04/08/theres-an-update/

I won't be spending donuts myself, but I am working toward the decoration.

Loach
04-08-2013, 12:11 PM
I just got it. Maybe the android update hit first.

Trion
04-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Android, first? Stop, you're killin' me. ;)

USCDiver
04-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Nah, I got it on iPad first thing this morning. Try signing out and signing back in.

Loach
04-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Nah, I got it on iPad first thing this morning. Try signing out and signing back in.

I got it but not till around noon.

LateComer
04-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Labtrash, your hedge arrangement is awesome.

Labtrash
04-09-2013, 06:27 AM
Labtrash, your hedge arrangement is awesome.

Thanks !! :D

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-09-2013, 07:17 AM
I got the Springfiled Falls this morning. I had Homer in the middle of a Monkey Marathon yesterday so I couldn't get it until he was free.

Labtrash
04-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Oooo, a waterfall.

wow

do I get money from it? No.

do I get XP from it? No.

Does it spit out donuts at random intervals for my collecting? No.

Does it look out of place anywhere I put it? Yes (I guess I'll surround it with trees so it doesn't just look like a rocky mound with a waterfall on it - where's the water coming from?!?!? Underground?).

Lame.

Loach
04-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Oooo, a waterfall.

wow

do I get money from it? No.

do I get XP from it? No.

Does it spit out donuts at random intervals for my collecting? No.

Does it look out of place anywhere I put it? Yes (I guess I'll surround it with trees so it doesn't just look like a rocky mound with a waterfall on it - where's the water coming from?!?!? Underground?).

Lame.

If you put it up against the Springfield sign it looks pretty good.

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Heh yeah. I got the waterfalls then I realized that it doesn't quite fit in the rest of my town. I put it in the Northernmost corner of my game behind Krustilu Studios. I put some parking lots near it and I'm planning on surrounding it with some trees so it looks a little nicer.

pulykamell
04-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Heh yeah. I got the waterfalls then I realized that it doesn't quite fit in the rest of my town. I put it in the Northernmost corner of my game behind Krustilu Studios. I put some parking lots near it and I'm planning on surrounding it with some trees so it looks a little nicer.

Yeah, mine is in a "holding area" for the moment where I'm putting out-of-place stuff while I figure out what to do with them. I guess I could just put it in storage along with the other items for the time being, too, as I'm not losing any XP or income from it.

Loach
04-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Ooooooooooo!!!! Just got the Whacking Day update! I just sent all my guys on their overnight missions so I can't start the mission yet. I wish I knew before I did that. I thought the update was coming tomorrow.

Trion
04-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Woo-Hoo! I can has friends now. I'm Trion66.

Trion
04-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Sorry, sorry, I seem to have mixed up somehow. My Origin ID is Atrion66.

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Hey kids, I got the update last night (thank God the dog got up and pooped all over the rug, right?). You may find me as jsteck13.

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-11-2013, 08:38 AM

Mmmmm, donuts

I tried to add you but it appears to take a long time to search.

Maybe if I have a few minutes at work I'll run through this thread and post all the names.

Oh and so far, I have Homer wacking Snakes and Ned damning them to hell. Lisa's in the middle of going to school with Milhouse so I can get Bart, so she didn't do her Wacking Day Quest yet.

Trion
04-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Hey kids, I got the update last night (thank God the dog got up and pooped all over the rug, right?). You may find me as jsteck13.

I just tried to add you, but on and off this morning I've been getting the "Failed to send request" notice. I think the servers are a bit overloaded with new friends. I'll try again later.

pulykamell
04-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Am I doing the visiting other people's towns correctly? Other than looking at the cool cities, it doesn't seem to be that much reward. I get $10+$5+$1 + 2XP for every thing I click at, but a 25 HP bonus after clicking three. Is that all the money and XP you get from this?

Labtrash
04-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Am I doing the visiting other people's towns correctly? Other than looking at the cool cities, it doesn't seem to be that much reward. I get $10+$5+$1 + 2XP for every thing I click at, but a 25 HP bonus after clicking three. Is that all the money and XP you get from this?

If you're doing it every day for 100 friends in Origin, it adds up (but takes a damn long time to do).

AngelSoft
04-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Totally random question that may have already been addressed, but why do some of the characters have voices and not others? Like Milhouse, Milton, and a couple others don't have any voice when you click on them. Was this to just save on space or what?

pulykamell
04-11-2013, 12:47 PM
If you're doing it every day for 100 friends in Origin, it adds up (but takes a damn long time to do).

That's what I figured. Not sure I have the patience to do that every day.

By the way, what's all this whacking day stuff? I haven't had any updates on that, and I had all my characters free not working on other tasks earlier today. Got the waterfall, though a couple days ago.

Trion
04-11-2013, 01:27 PM
That's what I figured. Not sure I have the patience to do that every day.

By the way, what's all this whacking day stuff? I haven't had any updates on that, and I had all my characters free not working on other tasks earlier today. Got the waterfall, though a couple days ago.

Whacking Day is not an automatic update. Check the Apple ITunes or Google Play store. It should be there.

pulykamell
04-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Whacking Day is not an automatic update. Check the Apple ITunes or Google Play store. It should be there.

Ah. I didn't realize Simpsons needed to be updated through iTunes, as well. Is there a rhyme or reason to which updates are automatic and which aren't? And, of course, I just sent all my characters on 12 hour quests about an hour ago.

ETA: Downloaded it. Also, it turns out it was just 4 hour quests I sent them on, so I'll see what the hubbub is about in a couple hours. Thanks.

Loach
04-11-2013, 02:43 PM
IG and Trion friend request sent.

Loach
04-11-2013, 02:44 PM
For some reason after the update my towns got jumbled up and aren't in alphabetical order. I also seem to have lost a couple.

Trion
04-11-2013, 03:35 PM
IG and Trion friend request sent.

Got it. Thank you. :) Eggs will be in your town when I get the chance.

Reloy3
04-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Please add me as a neighbor - akareloy237

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-11-2013, 04:43 PM
I poured through the thread backwards collecting names until I got to Labtrash's post on page two. This should be just about everyone participating here and I have not verified any right now as I'm at work and without my tablet.

Straight Dope No Homers Club:

Doper name Tapped Name

Reloy3: akareloy237
Wombat99: Wombatninetynine
Trion: Atrion66
Intergalactic Gladiator: jsteck13
Sterling Archer: madillma
notipping (banned): resting666
pulykamell: pulykamell
even sven: kejiaflowers
bauble: baublera
Bike Rider: bikeriderflorida
LateComer: donspadeoa
Mahaloth: Mahaloth
LateComer's friend: Psychout3000
Hokey Monkey: pimaspi
EristicKallistic: mrdiskord
Blisters: MistyMeow
Blisters' husband: redfivestand
Steener122: Z94WZE60X8
Poysyn: DDRigs
Poysyn's husband: DarbyRigs
Poysyn's daughter: Megadarby
Tamarin: JubbleJubble
Hairy Cactus: ChrisT1701
Raza: razabradley
Just1lurk: just1lurk
Loach: loach232
iftheresaway: iftheresaway
Yearsofstatic: Yearsofs
pancakes3: ericcshen
jackdavinci: jonjackturtl
Hockey Monkey / pimaspi
Just1Lurk / sarusim
USCDiver / USCDiver
heater2000ca / heater2000ca
jackdavinci / jackdavinci
Labtrash / Labtrash
Happycamper*5 / happycamper5
Loach / loach232
Labtrash / Labtrash
luvrbcs / Luvrbcs2
Tamarin / JubbleJubble
HairyCactus / ChrisT1701
Raza / Razabradley
Poysyn / Ddrigs
iftheresaway / iftheresaway
yearsofstatic / yearsofs
Blisters / thehentzel (I can't find this name to add it)
BulwerLytton / BulwerLytton

blainer
04-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Please add me . . . donhomer64

I have 12 eggs to give away!

pulykamell
04-11-2013, 08:35 PM
What the heck is this egg that suddenly appeared in my town?

Mahaloth
04-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Please add me . . . donhomer64

I have 12 eggs to give away!

Added you.

Antigen
04-11-2013, 08:49 PM
I'm antijenic, go ahead and add me!

I keep getting failure messages when i try to add you guys. Maybe i can only add Android folks?

Trion
04-11-2013, 08:49 PM
What the heck is this egg that suddenly appeared in my town?

It's an egg. I'm given to understand that you can whack it once Homer and Lisa have finished their 24 hour tasks.

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Sorry Loach, it won't let me add you -- it says that I have the Max number of allowed friends. I was able to add Reloy3 though.

Try again, I guess.

I love the hedges, Labtrash.

Sterling Archer
04-11-2013, 09:31 PM
My son started a game on an android phone. Please add him: silvercom298

Sterling Archer
04-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Can anyone explain what happens with the Lisa "release snakes from another town" job? I have noticed my snake count fluctuates at times, sometimes it drops by 5 to 10 snakes all of a sudden. I think the Lisa job is responsible, but I'm not sure if it's because I used it, or if someone else is using it on my town.

Sterling Archer
04-12-2013, 08:40 AM
I read on the EA forums that the release snakes job steals snakes from other towns, so we should always click on the other Springfield when using that job, or else you are stealing your friends snakes. Hands off my snakes!

Trion
04-12-2013, 09:02 AM
I read on the EA forums that the release snakes job steals snakes from other towns, so we should always click on the other Springfield when using that job, or else you are stealing your friends snakes. Hands off my snakes!

Yikes! Ok, only taking from Other Springfield now.

minionkat
04-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Homer is busy whacking snakes.

Please add me to the list of android users who can now have friends. I will be adding lots tonight based on the list in this thread.

minionkat

Trion
04-12-2013, 02:02 PM
I've been poking around on the other forums. It looks like the snake loss is NOT related to Lisa's task. The way that task works, as I understand it, is that Lisa will go into that town and take 5 snakes out of that person's inventory and put them back into play in that person's town. He or she will then have to re-whack them. I suppose it could turn some released snakes into eggs and that would decrease the count a bit, but I gather that this task is working properly and I personally am not bothered by it.

The glitch in question occurs when YOU go into somebody else's town. I don't completely understand it, but I think that if you go into a friend's town who can whack other people's snakes (a friend who has an Expert or Elite whacking license) then when you get the snake-hiss audio, you will lose snakes.

I'm not sure this has been completely figured out yet, but it is pretty certain that this occurs when you go into some friends towns. Therefore I'm letting everyone know the situation. I'll be staying out of other's towns for a while until this is resolved. I know this means some people might not come to me and drop off eggs, but I'd rather have you guys know the situation. Rest assure, when this is done, I'll have plenty of eggs to hand out.

Antigen
04-12-2013, 02:05 PM
I don't have any eggs. Homer's wandering town "whacking snakes" but there are no snakes to be seen. I'm wondering if I did something wrong.

Trion
04-12-2013, 02:33 PM
I don't have any eggs. Homer's wandering town "whacking snakes" but there are no snakes to be seen. I'm wondering if I did something wrong.

If this is Homer's first 24 hour whacking day task, snakes will show up once it is completed. Lisa is given her own 24 hour task (do next week's homework) at the same time and possibly both need to be completed. After that - start whacking.

Antigen
04-12-2013, 02:37 PM
If this is Homer's first 24 hour whacking day task, snakes will show up once it is completed. Lisa is given her own 24 hour task (do next week's homework) at the same time and possibly both need to be completed. After that - start whacking.

Thanks! They'll both be done in 7 hours or so.

pancakes3
04-12-2013, 03:10 PM
This "whacking mode" is a game changer. I'm beyond addicted.

Can some good hearted person compile an updated list of friends, now that friends are "useful" again?

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-12-2013, 03:16 PM

Can some good hearted person compile an updated list of friends, now that friends are "useful" again?

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=16184883&postcount=349

I put one up and it shows on page 7. There have been a few more people who posted their names since then though.

Trion
04-12-2013, 04:21 PM
OK, I think somebody has figured out why some people are losing snakes when they go into other people's towns. Rather than explain it myself I'll drop the link here:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9437826.page

Long story short: If you see a snake in someone else's town - Whack it!

I'm away for the next 24 hours or so and I'll be trying it out when I get a chance. I'll be distributing eggs at that time too.

Happy Whacking everyone!

Mahaloth
04-12-2013, 08:44 PM
OK, I don't get it.

I saw some snakes when visiting another town.

How do I whack it? When I visit other towns, I only have the egg button, not the whacking button. What am I missing?

I also do not get why I'm losing snakes. Can someone summarize how that works? I visit other towns, come back, and have less snakes. It seems like a discouragement to visit other towns.

Antigen
04-13-2013, 07:57 AM
OK, I don't get it.

I saw some snakes when visiting another town.

How do I whack it? When I visit other towns, I only have the egg button, not the whacking button. What am I missing?

I also do not get why I'm losing snakes. Can someone summarize how that works? I visit other towns, come back, and have less snakes. It seems like a discouragement to visit other towns.

I don't get it either. I can only whack in my own town, and I've handed out a few eggs to some of you folks to give you more snakes. I *thought* that as long as we didn't send Lisa to each other's towns to release snakes, we'd be okay. Is that wrong?

Mahaloth
04-13-2013, 08:53 AM
I don't get it either. I can only whack in my own town, and I've handed out a few eggs to some of you folks to give you more snakes. I *thought* that as long as we didn't send Lisa to each other's towns to release snakes, we'd be okay. Is that wrong?

It is wrong and I have no idea what is going on. I saw that we should whack snakes in others' towns, but clicking them does nothing and there is no whack-mode.

Loach
04-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Lisa has a task where she takes snakes from other towns

Loach
04-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Oops missed window. Meant to say Lisa goes in and saves snakes from other towns. I'm not there yet but I believe that once you get the license you can whack in other towns.

Mahaloth
04-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Let me know if you are actively playing and want eggs.

Mahaloth is actively playing and would like eggs. :)

USCDiver
04-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Hit me up with as many eggs as you want!

Antigen
04-13-2013, 03:05 PM
I'll take eggs! I've been giving them out as I vandalize you guys' towns. I friend-requested a bunch of you but I'm not sure how many went through, because I got several error messages. Please add me if we're not friends yet! I'm antijenic in the game.

Mahaloth
04-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Hit me up with as many eggs as you want!

I just put about 20 in your school's backyard/playground area. :)

I'll take eggs! I've been giving them out as I vandalize you guys' towns. I friend-requested a bunch of you but I'm not sure how many went through, because I got several error messages. Please add me if we're not friends yet! I'm antijenic in the game.

I just put about 20 in your school's backyard/playground area. :)

USCDiver
04-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Right back atcha!

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-13-2013, 04:54 PM
I'll take some of that egg action.

Mahaloth
04-13-2013, 06:35 PM
Galactic, ill get you some eggs later.

USC, I just gave you 10 more. I wish it told us who gave us eggs and I'd happily Jon an egg-swapping network.

Let me know if you give me eggs and ill give right back. :)

pancakes3
04-13-2013, 06:40 PM
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=16184883&postcount=349

I put one up and it shows on page 7. There have been a few more people who posted their names since then though.

Missed that. Thanks.

Trion
04-13-2013, 06:49 PM
One final item explaining the "missing snakes" problem:

http://tstotips.com/2013/04/13/answers-to-the-missing-snakes-questions/

I'll be out distributing eggs soon.

Labtrash
04-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Galactic, ill get you some eggs later.

USC, I just gave you 10 more. I wish it told us who gave us eggs and I'd happily Jon an egg-swapping network.

Let me know if you give me eggs and ill give right back. :)

I'm dropping a few to everyone on the SDMB list daily ! :D

happycamper*5
04-13-2013, 08:49 PM
I'm up for some egg action. :)

I've tried to confirm a friend-request from you three times now and finally, it went through. The servers really make me wanna tear my hair out sometimes.

The Lurker Above
04-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Another Android user here who can now finally add friends (and wants to whack snakes :)).

My ID is LurkerAbove01

DCTrekkie
04-13-2013, 09:21 PM
It is wrong and I have no idea what is going on. I saw that we should whack snakes in others' towns, but clicking them does nothing and there is no whack-mode.

Oops missed window. Meant to say Lisa goes in and saves snakes from other towns. I'm not there yet but I believe that once you get the license you can whack in other towns.

I haven't got it yet but apparently the 3rd prize (400 snakes) gets you a whacking license that let's you whack 5 snakes per town per day. There's also a better license that increases the limit to 10 per day, but I think that costs 50 donuts.

As I'm on android I currently have noone in my friends list. I'm going to start adding people from Intergalactic Gladiator's list above, if anyone else can add me my username is dctrekkie46

Trion
04-14-2013, 09:54 AM
I'm about to go through my friends list and limit it to SDMB players. If I accidentally delete you, let me know. All my friends get eggs.

Antigen
04-14-2013, 10:03 AM
I've been dropping off a couple of eggs to each of you guys daily. I don't really have all that many yet, so I can't be more generous!

wombat99
04-14-2013, 11:32 AM

Agreed! I'm loving the whacking mode too.

Question - I play on the iPad, but if I install this on my phone, can I play the same account on both devices? For those times when I need to sneak in a whack while on the go.

Just1Lurk
04-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Agreed! I'm loving the whacking mode too.

Question - I play on the iPad, but if I install this on my phone, can I play the same account on both devices? For those times when I need to sneak in a whack while on the go.

I think you should be able to. I recently upgraded to a new iPad, and for a while had the game on both devices. As long as you're using the same Origin sign-on, you should be okay.

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-14-2013, 12:58 PM
I've been sending out eggs as I get them. I've been kind of random, but they're all going out. Wacking the snakes is good fun but when my kids see it they ask "What's Wacking Day?" Sigh.

Mahaloth
04-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Gave tons of eggs to:

Jesus....(something)
Labtrash
USCDiver

I put them by your Whacking Banners or in a nice open area.

Trion
04-14-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm pretty much down to just SDMB members, and I just want to say - you guys rock!

Loach
04-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Someone dropped and egg somewhere hidden and I can't find it. Still tells me I have one egg left to find but it is nowhere. Don't plant eggs behind buildings!

pulykamell
04-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Oops. That may have been me. Maybe the brown house behind the bowling alley.

Antigen
04-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Someone dropped and egg somewhere hidden and I can't find it. Still tells me I have one egg left to find but it is nowhere. Don't plant eggs behind buildings!

That might have been me - it looked like it would let me put one on top of the school, which I thought was great, but after I left it, I realized it ended up behind it!

Loach
04-14-2013, 06:45 PM
It was actually hiding behind the whacking day sign. Found out the eggs don't show up when you hide the buildings or decorations.

Labtrash
04-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Gave tons of eggs to:

Jesus....(something)
Labtrash
USCDiver

I put them by your Whacking Banners or in a nice open area.

On my way to you now with a but load of eggs ! Look behind Skip's

asterion
04-14-2013, 07:11 PM
I can now add friends on my Kindle. Is it worth it?

happycamper*5
04-14-2013, 07:16 PM
I'm trying to hit up all the Dopers with eggs and, if possible, I leave them close to Springfield Elementary. Is it just me or does the game seem to crash more often now?

Trion
04-14-2013, 07:48 PM
It was actually hiding behind the whacking day sign. Found out the eggs don't show up when you hide the buildings or decorations.

I had someone hide a couple of eggs on me. They will show up through buildings when you those, but you have to look carefully.

I would guess that eggs are classified as decorations and go transparent along with any other decoration it hides behind, but I haven't tested that out.

Mahaloth
04-14-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm trying to hit up all the Dopers with eggs and, if possible, I leave them close to Springfield Elementary. Is it just me or does the game seem to crash more often now?

I have not seen more crashes and thanks for any eggs you leave me. I'll leave some in return.

pulykamell
04-14-2013, 08:02 PM

I don't know about "more often," but it still crashes as often. I have to relogin at least once every single day, and it crashes (spinning donut that never resolves) four to five times a day, so I have to double click the home button, quit the process, and relaunch it.

minionkat
04-14-2013, 10:31 PM
I haven't had any crashing issues. It does seem to stutter a bit more.

I distributed about 50 eggs to my doper friends today.

I never knew having my buildings vandalized would be so much fun. So glad they opened up the friends to Android users.

Antigen
04-15-2013, 06:55 AM
I don't know about "more often," but it still crashes as often.

Mine starts displaying giant blocks of white space in my town, instead of my buildings. It does the same to others' towns when I visit them, too. I end up having to reboot my tablet, so it's probably only a problem on my end. Still - frustrating.

Now that I'm into the game a little more, I need to ask - how is it that you guys have so much stuff? Are you spending real-life money to get donuts for the bonus buildings? I know you've been playing longer, so that's got to be part of it, but do you have any strategies to offer a relative newbie?

Hamlet
04-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Another Android user who finally can add friends. Since there's a new page, here's the list again:

Doper name Tapped Name

Hockey Monkey / pimaspi
Just1Lurk / sarusim
USCDiver / USCDiver
Labtrash / Labtrash
Loach / loach232
Labtrash / Labtrash
luvrbcs / Luvrbcs2
Tamarin / JubbleJubble
HairyCactus / ChrisT1701
Raza / Razabradley
Poysyn / Ddrigs
yearsofstatic / yearsofs

and now

Hamlet / JohnnyQuad

I have a bunch of eggs to give away to anyone who is interested.

Mahaloth
04-15-2013, 10:25 AM

I have added you and will gladly take the eggs. I will return the favor(I have over 40 right now) later today.

Thanks.

Loach
04-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the list. When I get a chance I'll go through and dump non-Dopers and add everyone.

This is turning into a full time job.

Loach
04-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Mine starts displaying giant blocks of white space in my town, instead of my buildings. It does the same to others' towns when I visit them, too. I end up having to reboot my tablet, so it's probably only a problem on my end. Still - frustrating.

Now that I'm into the game a little more, I need to ask - how is it that you guys have so much stuff? Are you spending real-life money to get donuts for the bonus buildings? I know you've been playing longer, so that's got to be part of it, but do you have any strategies to offer a relative newbie?

I'm using all the money I won in the Death Pool.

Hamlet
04-15-2013, 10:56 AM
I have added you and will gladly take the eggs. I will return the favor(I have over 40 right now) later today.

Thanks.I'm having trouble adding anyone as friends, I keep getting the "Failed. Please retry" every time.

Labtrash
04-15-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm having trouble adding anyone as friends, I keep getting the "Failed. Please retry" every time.

If you've added me I'll take / give as well

I seem to be getting more eggs than snakes lately.

Trion
04-15-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm having trouble adding anyone as friends, I keep getting the "Failed. Please retry" every time.

Well, you've made it onto my friends list and I'll be passing out eggs later today, once I've built up the inventory a bit.

hiebram
04-15-2013, 11:49 AM
My name got left off the most recent lists, but I'm still in the game. Same name there, and I'll be sending out invites to new players.

Hamlet
04-15-2013, 01:49 PM

Thanks.I got you added an dropped some eggs in your Whacking Day park.

Jaymosch
04-15-2013, 02:08 PM
I'd also love some whacking day buddies now that us androids can visit friends.

Name is Jaymosch

Mahaloth
04-15-2013, 02:11 PM
I got you added an dropped some eggs in your Whacking Day park.

Gave you 25 back. :)

minionkat
04-15-2013, 03:17 PM
My name got left off the most recent lists, but I'm still in the game. Same name there, and I'll be sending out invites to new players.

Mine got left off too. I will be adding new people to my friends this evening. I have some eggs to deliver.

LateComer
04-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Today I'm giving everyone 4 eggs today. More tomorrow. I've added the new folks.

I unfortunately have developed this glitch (http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/After-Whacking-Day-Update-XP-not-increasing-with-pics/td-p/1004116) where I do not keep XP collected in my Springfield when leaving. I do keep XP collected at other Springfields. This has been frustrating. I have tried reinstalling and it's still doing it. Ugh. Anyone else having this issue?

Loach
04-15-2013, 08:35 PM
I was able to add some today and I deleted some non-Dopers. Go ahead and try me I have some room. I'll try again tomorrow.

Dropping 200+ eggs right now. Hitting as many people as I can.

Least Original User Name Ever
04-15-2013, 08:36 PM
There. Added everyone. My city is a robust level 9.

Trion
04-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Just finished my nightly egg run. I felt kinda crummy as I was only able to drop off three or four per person. I might need to let my inventory build up a little next time.

Mahaloth
04-15-2013, 10:31 PM
I tend to dump 25+ on individuals. I wish it told us who gave what. It did with the Valentine hearts.

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-15-2013, 11:03 PM
and now

Hamlet / JohnnyQuad

I tried to add you and it failed - see if you can add me.

And thanks for the eggs, everyone.

Just1Lurk
04-16-2013, 12:20 AM
Another Android user who finally can add friends. Since there's a new page, here's the list again:

Doper name Tapped Name

Hockey Monkey / pimaspi
Just1Lurk / sarusim
USCDiver / USCDiver
Labtrash / Labtrash
Loach / loach232
Labtrash / Labtrash
luvrbcs / Luvrbcs2
Tamarin / JubbleJubble
HairyCactus / ChrisT1701
Raza / Razabradley
Poysyn / Ddrigs
yearsofstatic / yearsofs

and now

Hamlet / JohnnyQuad

Hey, Hamlet, you've got me on the list twice! For the record, the correct Tapped name is sarusim.

(You've also got jackdavinci twice)

blainer
04-16-2013, 06:36 AM
Hey, Hamlet, you've got me on the list twice! For the record, the correct Tapped name is sarusim.

Please replace one of the duplicates with me . . .

blainer/donhomer64

Thanks!

Am I taking crazy pills or did one of hte announcements say that some eggs would contain hearts? Haven't seen any yet.

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-16-2013, 06:42 AM
KWIHey, Hamlet, you've got me on the list twice! For the record, the correct Tapped name is sarusim.

I know at least one of those was me. I added names until I saw the original list and then cut and pasted the list. Normally I wouldn't mess up like that but I was kind of tired from my shift at the power plant and then I stopped off at Moe's for a couple but then you know how a couple turns into a couple more and then I wanted to stop off at the Kwik-E-Mart for a donut and one thing leads to another and I got arrested for not having any pants on. You know how it goes, it's all political.

I haven't read about the hearts, but in the game it says that some eggs contain donuts though I haven't seen one yet.

Antigen
04-16-2013, 06:54 AM
Just finished my nightly egg run. I felt kinda crummy as I was only able to drop off three or four per person. I might need to let my inventory build up a little next time.

I'm dropping off 5ish per person, it's all I've got!

Question about the "special" characters like Gorgeous Grampa and Gymnastics Lisa - do those bonuses turn your Grampa or Lisa into this new version or is it a second character? Once you switch it, can you go back? I should be getting the Lisa bonus soon if I can keep whacking at this pace, but I don't think I want her wearing a leotard forever!

USCDiver
04-16-2013, 07:22 AM
You can switch them back. It'll be a character slider at the top of their activity screen when you tap them.

Trion
04-16-2013, 08:48 AM
There is too much stuff going on in my town!!!

When Whacking Day started I was just coming up on level 23 and about to start the Krabbaple quest line. I had enough money to build the Post Office and the Apartments with enough left over for any Whacking Day requirements. And from what I read of the quest line, the Mrs. K story was long and complicated. I could let it simmer in the background while I concentrated on whacking snakes.

Well, with the new update, the quest line for progress is much shortened. I have already built the Apartments, the Post Office, Fort Sensible, Channel 6, and now it wants me to build the Hibbert Family Practice. I have Mrs. K's quest line in progress as well as Kent Brockman's, the beginning of Dr. Hibbert's, the Whacking Day quest line, and gymnast Lisa's. I'm low on cash for building new structures. I'd be OK, but many of my characters are out earning me snakes instead of money.

Sheesh!

Mahaloth
04-16-2013, 09:22 AM
You can switch them back. It'll be a character slider at the top of their activity screen when you tap them.

Cool. I'm not there yet, but was wondering also.

Loach
04-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Please replace one of the duplicates with me . . .

blainer/donhomer64

Thanks!

Am I taking crazy pills or did one of hte announcements say that some eggs would contain hearts? Haven't seen any yet.

No hearts as far as I know.

pulykamell
04-16-2013, 10:35 AM
No hearts as far as I know.

I do remember seeing something about donuts, but so far I've just gotten snakes and eggs.

Mahaloth
04-16-2013, 11:21 AM
I do remember seeing something about donuts, but so far I've just gotten snakes and eggs.

I have also received zero donuts inside any eggs.

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-16-2013, 12:15 PM
EA Forums has a very nice post on Wacking Day. I better get cracking if I want to get Duff Stadium.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9435320.page

Does the child-eating snake do anything? I saw someone had that.

pulykamell
04-16-2013, 01:34 PM
I somehow got down to -2 eggs yesterday. I was excited, hoping I got a glitch that would allow me to leave infinite eggs (like the donut glitch with Springfield Downs and the scratchoffs) but, alas, no. After I hit -2, it stopped. I did somehow get it down to -3 a minute later, but that's as low as it went. I could reliably get it back down to -2, though, until I finally climbed up to 0, in which case it didn't let me play in the negative number territory anymore.

Trion
04-16-2013, 02:00 PM
It looks like I'll have a few eggs for everybody again tonight when I do my egg run. Would you guys rather have a few eggs every evening or a larger number every couple of days?

Hamlet
04-16-2013, 02:07 PM
I have also received zero donuts inside any eggs.Et me Brutus.

Mahaloth
04-16-2013, 02:19 PM
It looks like I'll have a few eggs for everybody again tonight when I do my egg run. Would you guys rather have a few eggs every evening or a larger number every couple of days?

Larger number for me every other day. :)

Trion
04-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Here's what I'm gonna do.

I'll wait until every other day or so. And when i have a nice big inventory of eggs, I'll go around and give a bunch to everybody.

In the meantime, I'll be going into everyone's town to do my daily whacking. BUT, any eggs I discover in your towns will be replaced in that town. So you may get an egg or two from me every day with a larger deposit every couple of days.

Yes, I am over-thinking this.

The Lurker Above
04-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Yes, I am over-thinking this.

Totally overthinking it :).

The way I look at it every egg will eventually turn into a snake for someone. I just spread em around roughly evenly and it should all average out.

Hamlet
04-16-2013, 05:09 PM
In a bizarrely amusing, yet quite macabre, moment, I was discussing the tragedy in Boston with my wife. Right after I told her that there were at least 2 fatalities and numerous injuries, we both hear Homer say: "Better them than me!".

pancakes3
04-16-2013, 06:06 PM
I just got Smithers and 2 of his quests has to do with drinking. Well, one with drinking and the other about being tossed in the drunk tank for drinking. Seems kind of out of left field. I like the malibu stacy reference. I think they could have come up with better call-backs for his quests.

04-16-2013, 06:56 PM
I just added a buttload of folks from here. I'm Trevorthea890.

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-16-2013, 07:17 PM
I just added a buttload of folks from here. I'm Trevorthea890.

I'm having issues adding people -- my invites keep failing. Can you try adding me?

Loach
04-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Just now I keep getting the "* has newer content than you. Its update time!" So I go to see if there is an update. There is. I guess they have to tweak something. I download it. Turn off the game. Turn it on. Still can't get into peoples towns.

Loach
04-16-2013, 08:23 PM
Nevermind. Had to power down the whole system for it to take.

hiebram
04-16-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm having issues adding people -- my invites keep failing. Can you try adding me?

Playing on the iPad, I always search for a person, get an error message, and then get taken to a list of possible matches anyway. The game definitely still has some bugs.

I'm also one of those who gets logged out, but at least for me it only happens when I leave the game running and turn off the iPad, then try to turn the iPad back on when wifi isn't available. As long as I close the game before turning off the iPad, I can reduce the chances of that happening by 90%.

Trion
04-16-2013, 09:25 PM
The way I look at it every egg will eventually turn into a snake for someone. I just spread em around roughly evenly and it should all average out.

I'm leaving all my eggs in "Other Springfield". That guy never has any.

;)

LateComer
04-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Today I'm giving everyone 4 eggs today. More tomorrow. I've added the new folks.

I unfortunately have developed this glitch (http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/After-Whacking-Day-Update-XP-not-increasing-with-pics/td-p/1004116) where I do not keep XP collected in my Springfield when leaving. I do keep XP collected at other Springfields. This has been frustrating. I have tried reinstalling and it's still doing it. Ugh. Anyone else having this issue?I installed the update from yesterday and now am keeping all XP. I wish I could get back the ones I lost.

Someone gave me something like 50 eggs last night. Whoever it was thanks!

04-17-2013, 05:52 PM

You were added. I think there was a hiccup a day or two ago that didn't show all the friends.

asterion
04-17-2013, 07:01 PM
I've added a bunch as well. I'm jmshirley554 on Origin.

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-17-2013, 08:15 PM
I tried you and failed at that as well. There was an update at Google play so I'm hoping that will do the trick.

I let my 5-yr-old son place some eggs, so if they're in odd places that's the reason. Yeah, that's it.

Trion
04-19-2013, 06:38 AM
Level 28 added.

Loach
04-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Level 28 added.

So I'm building the social club. But I wasn't playing when they offered Fat Tony. I wonder if he'll show up?

Loach
04-19-2013, 10:34 PM
So I'm building the social club. But I wasn't playing when they offered Fat Tony. I wonder if he'll show up?

Yep got Fat Tony.

Reyemile
04-19-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm on Simpsons using this username; friend requests welcome!

Just1Lurk
04-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Two questions:
1. Has anyone gotten doughnuts from snake eggs?

Just1Lurk
04-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Sorry about that; hit reply too soon
2nd question: The game keeps telling me I have five eggs, but I can't see them even when I go into "Move" mode and shade out everything. I really don't want to have to move every building and tree to see if there's an egg behind it - does anybody have any helpful tips?
Thanks!

Hamlet
04-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Two questions:
1. Has anyone gotten doughnuts from snake eggs?Not I.

Trion
04-21-2013, 01:44 PM
1) As far as I can tell from poking around on the interwebs, nobody has ever gotten a doughnut from an egg.

2) Concentrate on decorations. Eggs seem to be classified as decorations, so if one is hidden behind another decoration, both go transparent to the same degree when decorations are hidden and you still can't find them. If they were behind a building, you would be able to see it through the building when buildings are hidden.

Mahaloth
04-21-2013, 02:02 PM
At 1% odds on a doughnut, I think I would have gotten one by now. I'm skeptical.

Antigen
04-21-2013, 02:58 PM
No egg-donuts for me either.

Labtrash
04-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Might not be true all the time, but I seem to get a lot more snakes than eggs when I whack snakes entranced by the speakers.

Mahaloth
04-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Might not be true all the time, but I seem to get a lot more snakes than eggs when I whack snakes entranced by the speakers.

What speakers? Forgive my ignorance.

Just1Lurk
04-21-2013, 06:20 PM
1) As far as I can tell from poking around on the interwebs, nobody has ever gotten a doughnut from an egg.

2) Concentrate on decorations. Eggs seem to be classified as decorations, so if one is hidden behind another decoration, both go transparent to the same degree when decorations are hidden and you still can't find them. If they were behind a building, you would be able to see it through the building when buildings are hidden.

Okay, I found 'em. A couple tips for anyone who can't find eggs. First, Trion is correct about the decorations. However, if you tap a decoration in Move mode, it grays out and anything hidden behind it can be seen. Laborious, but effective. Second, start with trees, especially the ones near roads or unused space.

Trion
04-22-2013, 06:30 AM
What speakers? Forgive my ignorance.

Snake speakers. A premium item available during Whacking Day.

Antigen
04-22-2013, 11:45 AM
I haven't been able to connect all morning. I keep getting a "Can't connect to server" error. I am grumpy. I have snakes to whack, damn you.

Labtrash
04-22-2013, 12:32 PM
me too

somebody's getting a metric crap-ton of eggs tonight if i can log in.

04-22-2013, 12:51 PM
I also have a shit ton of eggs, ready to disperse.

Mahaloth
04-22-2013, 12:57 PM
me too

somebody's getting a metric crap-ton of eggs tonight if i can log in.

:raises hand:

I also have a shit ton of eggs, ready to disperse.

:raises hand:

I was logged in at 6:30 Eastern today, but have not tried since.

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-22-2013, 01:15 PM
I was able to log in about 20 minutes ago. How fortuitous that my daughter is sick and I had to come home and play the game, er, work from home and take care of her.

Trion
04-22-2013, 01:17 PM
I've been getting in fine and have been periodically distributing eggs. However, I am not measuring my eggs with a metric scale. I am only giving out a standard crap-ton of eggs.

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Well shoot now I'm confused. Does anyone have a conversion chart?

Labtrash
04-22-2013, 03:42 PM
Well shoot now I'm confused. Does anyone have a conversion chart?

No real conversions, but I go by this:

one
a couple
a few
some
a lot
a whole lot
a load
a buttload
a crapload
a shitload
a ton
a crap-ton
a shit-ton
a metric crap-ton
a metric shit-ton
a cubic buttload
a cubic shitload
a fuck-ton
a metric fuck-ton
a cubic fuck-ton << the most of anything you can have

Therefore, by the above chart, I have more eggs to disperse than LOUNE

There are inconsistencies in the above chart, but it's the one I use, so there...:D

minionkat
04-22-2013, 11:42 PM
I just spent 90 minutes dropping off a buttload of eggs to people's Springfields. I am too tired to continue. off to bed. Will unload the rest tomorrow. Happy whacking!

Hamlet
04-23-2013, 09:45 AM
I got a few free donuts this morning with the update wishing me a Happy Whacking Day. I'm assuming it is because of the "we told you there were donuts in the eggs, but there aren't or they're so rare as to be negligible so here are some free ones!"

I'll take it.

And thanks to all who have given me eggs. There is still one I can't find, no matter how invisible I make the buildings and trees. You sneaky bastard!

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-23-2013, 09:47 AM
I just got the free donuts, too. Cool. This is nice because they seem to be a bit miserly with the donuts, imo.

Loach
04-23-2013, 10:06 AM
I just got the free donuts, too. Cool. This is nice because they seem to be a bit miserly with the donuts, imo.

Not me.

Mahaloth
04-23-2013, 10:08 AM
I got a few free donuts this morning with the update wishing me a Happy Whacking Day. I'm assuming it is because of the "we told you there were donuts in the eggs, but there aren't or they're so rare as to be negligible so here are some free ones!"

I'll take it.

And thanks to all who have given me eggs. There is still one I can't find, no matter how invisible I make the buildings and trees. You sneaky bastard!

I also received donuts. I got 12, which I assume is standard. I assume it is an apology for not including donuts in the eggs, which obviously was an error.

I dumped about 125 eggs all around last night and I'm pretty careful about placement.

I also want to thank whoever it was that literally filled my town with eggs. I had 127 eggs placed in the matter of an hour or so of me checking.

I try to dump eggs every night from 8-11 PM Eastern. I usually drop about 30 on each person I visit. Make for a nice surprise.

Trion
04-23-2013, 10:28 AM
I wonder if eggs will start giving out doughnuts now. Only one way to find out. If everyone will leave me all their eggs, I'll make a complete study of the situation.

Or we could all just keep our eyes open and report if we get any. But ... no, that other thing works better. The thing were I get all the eggs. ;)

I'm having one of those days where it seems like all my snakes turn to eggs when I whack them. Good news for you guys.

Antigen
04-23-2013, 10:35 AM
I keep having issues with my screen not showing some of the buildings and just putting big white squares everywhere. It was making it hard to do egg drops last night, so I'll double my efforts tonight. I have about 100 to give out!

Labtrash
04-23-2013, 11:01 AM
I also want to thank whoever it was that literally filled my town with eggs. I had 127 eggs placed in the matter of an hour or so of me checking.

Ask and ye shall receive !! :D

Labtrash
04-23-2013, 11:03 AM
I am still trying to add LOUNE and one more person to my friends list, but still keep getting that "something went wrong" error.

Grrrr

Loach
04-23-2013, 11:24 AM
So there was an update that have you donuts? No update here.

Hamlet
04-23-2013, 11:30 AM
I am still trying to add LOUNE and one more person to my friends list, but still keep getting that "something went wrong" error.That's not you. That's the game. It hates LOUNE.

Hamlet
04-23-2013, 11:31 AM
So there was an update that have you donuts? No update here.Apparently it hates you too.

Loach
04-23-2013, 11:36 AM
Apparently it hates you too.

I have had my suspicions. Turned my phone on and off a few times and got nothing. Went to my iPad and got the update and donuts immediately.

pulykamell
04-23-2013, 01:20 PM
So there was an update that have you donuts? No update here.

Yeah, I got a dozen about an hour or two ago. As for leaving eggs, I'm lazy and just pick one person to leave a big pile to (usually someone lower level or with fewer snakes.) I can't even be arsed to visit most my friends every day, as this snake whacking thing is getting tedious.

Antigen
04-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Can't log in today either. I've been trying all day. This is starting to get really irritating.

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-23-2013, 01:57 PM
I've been leaving generally 4 - 6 eggs at each town I visit.

I'm in the middle of building Duff Stadium and I have a good idea of what I want to do with that. I have some of the preliminary work laid out with the hedges but I might still shift them around depending on how the stadium works out. I want to add the brewery as well so I might cough up a little change for that.

USCDiver
04-23-2013, 02:19 PM
To those who have been visiting my town, thank you for the eggs and I apologize for any dust or noise. I am currently undergoing renovations to better serve the people of Springfield. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Just1Lurk
04-23-2013, 08:32 PM
I see some of you have that Texas Tycoon character (does he have a name?), but I don't see him in the character collections. How did you get him?

Trion
04-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Some people were very generous last night - thanks guys! I can report that even after opening a little over 120 eggs, still no doughnuts.

Hamlet
04-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Some people were very generous last night - thanks guys! I can report that even after opening a little over 120 eggs, still no doughnuts.Just keep Trion.

I bet you've never heard that one before, huh? I kill me.

Trion
04-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Just keep Trion.

I bet you've never heard that one before, huh? I kill me.

No more eggs for you.

;)

Intergalactic Gladiator
04-24-2013, 01:24 PM
I see some of you have that Texas Tycoon character (does he have a name?), but I don't see him in the character collections. How did you get him?

I accidentally bought him (D'oh! :smack:) yesterday while scrolling through the donut purchasables.

Evidently, he does have a name: http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rich_Texan

The Lurker Above
04-24-2013, 05:34 PM
I accidentally bought him (D'oh! :smack:) yesterday while scrolling through the donut purchasables.

There's now an option to have a confirmation box before you spend doughnuts. It's saved me more than once over the past week when I've almost rushed taxes on buildings.

It's a toggle on the option screen called 'Confirm Donut Spend'.

Mahaloth
04-24-2013, 09:20 PM
There's now an option to have a confirmation box before you spend doughnuts. It's saved me more than once over the past week when I've almost rushed taxes on buildings.

It's a toggle on the option screen called 'Confirm Donut Spend'.

Ok, I'm dumb. How do I get to the option screen?

Loach
04-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Ok, I'm dumb. How do I get to the option screen?

Tap the construction icon. In the upper right corner of the construction box is an i. Tap that.

AngelSoft
04-25-2013, 12:42 AM
I finally got an account! Angelsoft78 :D Add me cause I have a whole crap ton of eggs to distribute.

Labtrash
04-25-2013, 11:01 AM
I finally got an account! Angelsoft78 :D Add me cause I have a whole crap ton of eggs to distribute.

Send me a request - whatever eggs you send me I'll send back