PDA

View Full Version : Need Help IDing a Song

Dirty_Dingus_McGhee
07-10-2001, 12:05 AM
Okay...so I dunno if I can be of much help with this, but there was this song that I heard on the alternative radio station here in Jacksonville, FL back in '96/'97. I'd always catch the song in the middle, and the DJ never announced the name of the song or the band. I can't remember what it sounded like, just some lyrics, so here they are, at least I think -

"...heaven do not falter, grab her by the wings and drag her to the altar..."

and

"...falter and falter and close your[my?] eyes and don't sleep, my baby, don't sleep, my baby"

That's about all I can remember. I hope somebody could solve this problem that has plagued me for years. Nobody I know recognises this song. Thankee!

Ternannar
10-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Hi I too was in jax fla during that time and heard the same song with no luck on the name of the band. Did u ever find out who sings it?

Peter Morris
10-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Since he hasn't posted here in 9 years, you're unlikely to get an answer.

Please see board rules. It's usually not a good idea to resurrect old threads.

Welcome to the SDMB.

twickster
10-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Peter Morris, we no longer reflexively close old threads, so it's fine that Ternannar bumped this one.

Ternannar, welcome to the boards. I think the question is more likely to get an answer in Cafe Society, so I'll move it there.

twickster, moderator

astro
10-30-2010, 08:34 PM
This page (http://www.ilxor.com/ILX/ThreadSelectedControllerServlet?boardid=41&threadid=3382) cites a group called "The Sugarplastic" (http://www.sugarplastic.com/) with those lyrics.

Runners-up: The Sugarplastic. The Sugarplastic strike me as masters of making ridiculously inscrutable strings of lyrics become weirdly compelling:

"Handle it with caution cause it's not even mine ... Take a piece of politic and boil it in brine ... Grab her by the wings and drag her to the altar."

Snowboarder Bo
10-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Pfft. When come back bring a hard question.

The song in question is Don't Sleep by The Sugarplastic, from their 1996 album Bang, The Earth Is Round.

Snowboarder Bo
10-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Dang, I didn't even see astro's post when I sent mine on thru. Good job, bro.

I-VI-ii-V
10-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Great album by a great L.A. band.