PDA

View Full Version : A few of my hopes for this forum

CrankyAsAnOldMan
08-29-2001, 11:16 AM
** That I will find some awesome book recommendations, something I've come to adore other Dopers for

** That I will worshipped like a goddess here. Mind you, I don't know how that will come about since I know little about any of the fine arts, belles letters, or culture, but since it's beyomnd happening in the other fora, by golly I gotta cross my fingers that it might happen here.

** That there will be few, if any, threads of the "Mary Ann or Ginger" variety?. No Bailey Vs. Jennifer, Homer Vs. Ned, Buffy or Cindy, Laverne of Shirley. I don't care who you'd rather "do."

** That I will soon be reading ethusiastic reviews of the published fruits of more Doper writers. Scylla, jarbaby, yet another Eve book, etc.

** That when The Matrix sequel comes out, someone will explain it here in terms even I can understand.

Olentzero
08-29-2001, 11:19 AM
Damn you, CrankyAsAnOldMan!

You beat me to creating the first-ever thread in this Forum. Foiled in my plans for claiming an entire forum for the international working class! Phooey, I say!

Ah well. Actually, I concur completely with your hopes for this forum - a place for real cultural exchange is always welcome. I know this will be a regular stop on my daily visits.

plants a small red flag in the corner anyway
A man can dream, can't he?

Best of luck to Ukulele Ike in his new job as moderator here!

Why A Duck
08-29-2001, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by CrankyAsAnOldMan
** That I will worshipped like a goddess here. Mind you, I don't know how that will come about since I know little about any of the fine arts, belles letters, or culture, but since it's beyomnd happening in the other fora, by golly I gotta cross my fingers that it might happen here.

Now, now Cranky, over here is Café Society, we do not have goddesses, we have Muses. If you would like to apply, I believe that Ike has the requisite applications.

BTW Olentzero, I believe that I have the honor of being the first non-mod (i.e. mere mortal) to post in this forum (in Euty's welcome thread). You may sing my praises now.

:: Pete begins handing out the black berets...

Olentzero
08-29-2001, 11:39 AM
Yes, but you were not the first non-mod to create a thread in the new forum. That is what establishes the tone.

CrankyAsAnOldMan
08-29-2001, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Olentzero
Yes, but you were not the first non-mod to create a thread in the new forum. That is what establishes the tone.

Cool. Do I get a plaque, or what?

Bumbazine
08-29-2001, 03:33 PM

** That there will be few, if any, threads of the "Mary Ann or Ginger" variety?. No Bailey Vs. Jennifer, Homer Vs. Ned, Buffy or Cindy, Laverne of Shirley. I don't care who you'd rather "do."

[/B]

So, ah, Cranky, Monet or Rembrandt? ;)

tiny ham
09-03-2001, 08:55 AM

** That I will soon be reading ethusiastic reviews of the published fruits of more Doper writers. Scylla, jarbaby, yet another Eve book, etc.

From your lips to that damn agent's ears, Cranky.