PDA

View Full Version : (Perhaps Surprising) Things That Make a Guy Sexy To You

CrankyAsAnOldMan
10-01-2001, 11:44 AM
Anyone got any things that really get them going, especially things that we wouldn't think of offhand as being traditional hallmarks of male sexiness?

Here's my partial list:

Premature greying (yeah yeah Milo, stop preening) Also intriguing--when a guy has one patch of white or grey on the side or back.

Cat ownership

Good with Babies/Toddlers/Kids I don't think I'm alone. My husband was always stunned by the attention he got when he took Cranky Jr to the grocery store when he was a baby.

Big Noses. I don't go in for big noses because of that old saw about being well-endowed. I just think it suggests a strong character and makes for an interesting face. Think Steve Perry (stop laughing). Gerard Depardieau (well, he's a little scary, I admit). Magdalene's boyfriend (yowsah).

tiny ham
10-01-2001, 11:47 AM
I like a little gray at the temples as well.

Crooked lips I don't even know how to properly describe this. But I know that most of the men I find attractive have crooked lips. Till has them, Gary Sinise, Ken Olin. It kind of creates an unintentional pout.

Good smoking we've been over this before.

Good black shoes I saw a guy the other day that wasn't even that hot, but he had these real shit kicker Doc Martin type shoes with metal rimmed soles. They were so sexy I thought I would die.

jarbaby

Ethilrist
10-01-2001, 12:06 PM
So, jarbabyj, have you given up on welders?

tiny ham
10-01-2001, 12:11 PM
No no! The Welder has wonderful crooked lips and a great jaw. It's not really his occupation that makes him sexy. It's that fucking hot ass face of his. And those dirty jeans.

Now I'm sweating.

jarbaby

Biggirl
10-01-2001, 12:12 PM
The baby thing.

I see a young guy on the train with a pink diaper bag and a wriggly baby in a stroller, he leans over to adjust the hat and maybe hand the child a few cheerios from a sandwich bag. He props the little foot on his thigh to tie the baby's shoelace.

I'm practically creaming. God that's so sexy!

Mnementh
10-01-2001, 12:30 PM
*Frantically taking notes*

MsWhatsit
10-01-2001, 12:55 PM
Good at Trivial Pursuit. Not kidding. Guys who are smart are generally a turn-on for me, but guys who are good at obscure trivial knowledge? To die for.

There's a whole bunch more weird traits that I find sexy, but most of them are because MrWhatsit has those traits, and I find pretty much everything about him to be ultra-sexy. So it's hard for me to separate those from the stuff I would find sexy anyway. :) If that makes sense.

milo minderbinder
10-01-2001, 01:04 PM
[Premature greying (yeah yeah Milo, stop preening)

You mean me? Or is there another prematurely greying milo in here?

Don't know if i'm more bummed out at the prospect of having to change the user name which I was so happy to get, or the fact I was tying my hair back when I read that. :o

milo

CrankyAsAnOldMan
10-01-2001, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by milo_minderbinder
[Premature greying (yeah yeah Milo, stop preening)

You mean me? Or is there another prematurely greying milo in here?

Sorry for the confusion. I meant Milosarian, whom I've met and have personally seen to be prematurely greying.

I'm sure you're just as appealing. :)

And I don't think your names will be confusing. I call him Milo because I'm too lazy to type the whole thing, plus I keep retyping it with two s's and then two r's and neither looks right. In fact I just wasted two whole fricking minutes on that.

Cyn
10-01-2001, 01:12 PM
Good daddies are sexy. I go for the guy who offers to buy me icecream rather than a drink.

beagledave
10-01-2001, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Biggirl
The baby thing.

I see a young guy on the train with a pink diaper bag and a wriggly baby in a stroller, he leans over to adjust the hat and maybe hand the child a few cheerios from a sandwich bag. He props the little foot on his thigh to tie the baby's shoelace.

The beagle family went to Hooters Sunday (the Packer's game was not on the local TV station). I was in charge of baby beagle while mrs beagledave ran home for some personal business.

The waitstaff spent an inordinate amount of time walking by my table..smiling..... Me and baby beagle didn't mind a bit ;)

CrankyAsAnOldMan
10-01-2001, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by beagledave

The waitstaff spent an inordinate amount of time walking by my table..smiling..... Me and baby beagle didn't mind a bit ;)

But didn't baby beagle feel confused, and inordinately hungry? :)

naughty wicked zoot
10-01-2001, 01:40 PM
big noses, yeah!!!! something about a guy with a really strong nose. bit not the nostrils themselves. if the nostrils are big, yuck!!! but a long, strong proud schnozz is so hot!!

and calves. guys with rock-hard calves that look like they've been sculpted in marble. mr. zoot has the best calves i've ever seen that did not belong to a danceer. one of the musicals i was in was choreographed by a gorgeous blond with a huge nose and yummy-drooly calves. he was amazing to behold, and of course he was gay!!!! WAAAAHHHH!!!!

Tranquilis
10-01-2001, 01:40 PM
One more for "hit on while holding baby". When my daughter was still a baby, I'd carry her in a chest pack. I can't count the number of women that started conversations with me while I was carrying her that way.

I was carrying her in uniform one day (Navy Winter Working Blue), and was hit on twice within 5 minutes, with my wife present. I, of course, got the blame. Ouch.

So ladies... Do Uniforms do it for you? Or was it just the pretty little girl in my arms?

naughty wicked zoot
10-01-2001, 01:41 PM
"but not the nostrils..." damn damn damn, so excited to be writing about big noses i didn't even proof-read. sorry.

CrankyAsAnOldMan
10-01-2001, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Tranquilis

So ladies... Do Uniforms do it for you? Or was it just the pretty little girl in my arms?

mopping the sweat off her brow and upper lip

ooooooooooooh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

Uniforms are a yes. Of course, since that's a cliche, I didn't include it on my list. But a uniform, with baby in a Snugli or Baby Bjorn or sling? Whew.

Is it hot in here?

voguevixen
10-01-2001, 01:57 PM
This will probably sound weird, but when I met my now husband he was driving an excessively large Pinto stationwagon. On one of our first dates I noticed he was about to parallel park in a spot about one 3 inches longer than the car itself. I thought "No way" but he threw the transmission into reverse and oozed it into that spot without hardly blinking, first try, perfect. For some reason that made me nearly faint with desire, lol.

beagledave
10-01-2001, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by voguevixen
and oozed it into that spot without hardly blinking
first try, perfect. ....

For some reason that made me nearly faint with desire, lol.

Must resist metaphor..must resist..

voguevixen
10-01-2001, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I thought it would be guilding the lilly to point out how phallic a station wagon is. ;)

BTW, when I see a guy with a baby, the only thing I think is "SUCKER!" Not sexy AT ALL!

Geobabe
10-01-2001, 02:25 PM
Another vote for the baby thing. It's really easy to explain from a biological standpoint, of course.

Uniforms? Awwwww yeahhhh.

Physically: biceps. Not bodybuilder huge, but nice well-toned biceps. Yowza. I love to hang on to 'em when...well, never mind. And legs and butts. Ever see Brady Anderson in his baseball pants? 'Nuff said.

Cerebral turn-on: wit. I love a man who can turn a nice phrase. I have an online friend who writes so incredibly well, I can't tell you how disappointed I was when we met in person and there was really no physical chemistry. HUGE bummer.

Tranquilis
10-01-2001, 02:30 PM
Don't bother resisting, Beagle. Once you snipped it like that, it was obvious to everyone.

So, Cranky, going back into the reserves would be a good thing, then... Yes?

voguevixen, Maybe this (http://www.mediacen.navy.mil/pubs/allhands/may01/39b.jpg) will get you... No, that's not me.

Jodi
10-01-2001, 02:32 PM
Strong hands and forearms. Ohyes. Don't know why, but I'm a sucker for good hands. :)

bobkitty
10-01-2001, 02:44 PM
Another vote here for the greying. Mmmmmm.

Guys that can do the raise-one-eyebrow thing, and who know WHEN to use it.

I adore sarcastic and cynical men. Men who are gonna grow up to be curmudgeons.

I love the 'rode hard and put up wet' look. Think Lance Henrikson.

I'm quirky about certain habits. A guy that chews on his bottom lip when he's thinking just makes me swoon.

Okay.. gonna go for a walk now...

-BK

tiny ham
10-01-2001, 02:51 PM
oh, and I almost forgot. Firemen.

Firemen firemen firemen. My god, the firemen. I want to be rescued and subsequently ravished by a soot covered fireman.

and if wanting that is wrong, I don't want to be right.

jarbaby

Maeglin
10-01-2001, 02:56 PM
Damn, I should be a walking babe magnet then. Let's see...

Cat ownership

Check. And check again, if you count my second cat.

Good with Babies/Toddlers/Kids

Affirmative. Started changing my brother's diapers when I was four.

Big Noses

Uhhh....yeah. Narrow but fairly long. I call it patrician, my mom calls it Jewish. At least it's not wide or bulbous. ;)

Good black shoes

Just polished my Docs last night.

Good at Trivial Pursuit

Hehehe. Try me.

and calves

Years of fencing and martial arts.

Cerebral turn-on: wit. I love a man who can turn a nice phrase

Uhh...I think so. ;) Girl I met this weekend said I speak like a poet. Sure, I don't fucking get it, but who am I to argue? And since she called me back, well, I am not going to look in a gift horse's mouth.

Strong hands and forearms

Oh yeah. ;) Years of playing clarinet. And due to fencing with a heavy weapon, I can pound nails into oak with my forearms. :) Well, my left forearm, at least. And no, I don't look like I had polio as a child.

I'm quirky about certain habits

My momma always tells me to stop chewing on my lip when the smoke starts coming out of my ears. Time to ignore her then. ;)

Sure, while about 95% of this post is unadulterated self-congratulatory trash, the remaining 5% is appreciative of all of the wonderful women out there who appreciate the finer things in life.

:D

MR

Geobabe
10-01-2001, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by jarbabyj
Firemen firemen firemen. My god, the firemen. I want to be rescued and subsequently ravished by a soot covered fireman.Good lord yes. And cops. It's that whole primal alpha-male thing. I saw this cop (who I knew personally and was already hot for) take this guy down and while he's kneeling on the guy's back putting the cuffs on, I'm thinking "Take me now, big daddy."

Ike Witt
10-01-2001, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Cyn
I go for the guy who offers to buy me icecream rather than a drink.

There is a place walking distance from my last apartment that server fresh, homemade frozen custard. It is better than ice cream, and I'd love to buy you a cone.

lieu
10-01-2001, 03:02 PM
Good smoking we've been over this before.
[/B]

As in jacket?

tiny ham
10-01-2001, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Geobabe
Good lord yes. And cops. It's that whole primal alpha-male thing. I saw this cop (who I knew personally and was already hot for) take this guy down and while he's kneeling on the guy's back putting the cuffs on, I'm thinking "Take me now, big daddy.

Oh my god, I'm sweating. "KNEELING ON THE GUYS BACK"

growwowowll

and lieu, good smoking as in, I saw a guy at John Barleycorn's smoking and he looked so uncomfortable doing it. He looked like he just started smoking yesterday, as opposed to some people I know who smoke as if they were born doing it.

jarbaby

Fiver
10-01-2001, 03:19 PM
Are we just talking about cigarettes and cigars here, or are pipes also sexy? (Pleeease don't toss me into the brier patch!)

And smoking illegal substances? Is that sexy?

jellen92
10-01-2001, 03:30 PM
Let's see...
Chest hair, mild cologne, dimples, rolled up sleeves, strong hands, laugh lines around the eyes, intelligence, loyalty, chivalry, good hearty laugh.....

seawitch
10-01-2001, 03:32 PM
Mr. Seawitch has twin five-year old sons from his previous marriage. This past weekend, I sat and watched the three of them play on the grass - and Mr. S. was wearing his Army camoflage pants at the time.

I drool just thinking about it.

I'm gonna second the vote for wit. Intelligence is right up there, too. I don't know if this is universally true, but I swear that big brains make for better lovers.

Kilts. With the aforementioned good calves.

Maeglin - all those qualifications, plus you could whip out a blade to defend your lady's honor? You are a walking babe magnet.

jellen92
10-01-2001, 03:34 PM
Oh my God! I left out military men... don't you just want to ravage one of those Marines? Those sexy fitting uniforms and ultra-masculine essence...so much pride and discipline you just want to grab them and take advantage of them in a closet.... geez, it's getting hot in here...

Sophie
10-01-2001, 03:36 PM
Firemen
Cops
Occasionally, UPS shorts do a sweet thing to men's thighs
Worker bees in general

Ok, there's this guy I work with....excuse me....there's this red-hot stud muffin I work with, and he is an all-purpose-make-it-happen kind of guy. He can fix anything. He is bald (the good kind) with huge arms and strong calloused hands and an ass that will not stop.

He is also stump dumb.

Do you see where I'm going with this, jarbaby? It is truly a thing of beauty to see him walk in the door in the summer, dripping with sweat, his shirt clinging to his beautiful six-pack stomach, his cowboy boots all dusty.

Yes, God, he wears cowboy boots. Oh my.

Strainger
10-01-2001, 03:38 PM
Note to self: If I move to North Carolina (http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=90426), have nephew and niece visit frequently.

ruadh
10-01-2001, 03:39 PM
Glasses. And cooking skills. And long eyelashes.

tiny ham
10-01-2001, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Sophie

Do you see where I'm going with this, jarbaby? It is truly a thing of beauty to see him walk in the door in the summer, dripping with sweat, his shirt clinging to his beautiful six-pack stomach, his cowboy boots all dusty.

I hope you're going right to my front door with him. I believe that the Welder (http://www.geocities.com/jarbabyj/welder.html) is probably stump dumb, but a genius when it comes to bedding ladies.

Dumb workhorses are ideal for the fantasy one night stand.

jarbaby

Superdude
10-01-2001, 04:01 PM
Let's see:

Trivial Pursuit?
Yep. No one in my family will play me.

Cat?
Yep. Beru "Da Squid" KittyCat

Good with kids?
Yep. My niece, Kiera, loves me to death.

Fireman?
Nope. But I would have been third generation had I passed the psychological test. My OCD and anxiety disorder disqualified me.

Strong arms/hands?
Yep. Played the drums for several years.

Crooked smile?
Almost. More a mischevious crooked grin.

All this, and I'm single. Who wants me?

GKW
10-01-2001, 04:01 PM
Men in kilts - trés sexy
http://www.fortunecity.com/bally/tallow/51/index.html

Also men who write silly, perverted stories about sheep

racinchikki
10-01-2001, 04:10 PM
Boots. Cowboy boots. Doc Martens. Work boots. BOOTS. I like boots. Don't know why.

Hats. You have to be able to pull off wearing a hat. Gunslinger does this well. Not baseball caps. Every guy I know wears baseball caps. No. I mean cowboy hats. Aussie hats. Fedoras. Those funny little British driving caps that golfers also wear and there's a snap so the top attaches to the brim, you know what I mean, those things. Real hats. Not every man can wear a hat. The ones who can gain points thereby.

Even now that I've lived in the deep south for two months I'm still not sick of Southern accents. They're yummy. And there are so many variations on them. I never noticed as many variants on the Northern accent as I have on the Southern. Alabamans speak differently from Gulf Coasters speak differently than North Mississippians speak different from Tennesseeans speak differently than Virginians speak differently than Louisianans speak differently than Texans. Dinner table discussion with my friends I spend as much of my attention analyzing and revelling in all the different accents as I do listening to what they're saying.

A guy who knows how to work with his hands. And yes you could very easily make a sexual reference there. I mean it not just in that way, though. Guys who can build things, or do wiring, or fix cars, or such. Useful = Sexy.

Kilts are also sexy. Utilikilts are even more sexy, if you ask me, because not only do they have the kilt vibe going for them, they also have this slightly punk vibe. Ultra punk guys are intimidating but a hint of punk/antiestablismentism is awesome.

Oh, and hot cars. I have strange ideas of what constitutes a "hot car," though. If a guy had a Hudson Hornet I'd shag him just to get a chance to drive the car.

MikeG
10-01-2001, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by ruadh

Glasses check
Skillz check
Eyelashes my eyelashes have been coveted by almost all the women who have admired them closely enough:)

And you like Irish music and you're hot....swoon

anu-la1979
10-01-2001, 04:16 PM
*men in uniform
*men with southern accents
*men being nice to animals, playing with animals, displaying knowledge about animals, having animals
*men being courteous in daily life
*men adeptly handling cars
*men in cowboy hats and boots and tightish jeans. when are cowboys going to wear closefitting but not gonadually revealing jeans? Like jeans from the gap or abercrombie (both stores that i hate but look great on men)

Sophie
10-01-2001, 04:19 PM
jarbabyj, I read about the Welder and I think that you and I were seperated at birth.

*panting*

matt_mcl
10-01-2001, 04:31 PM
I may have been through this before, but I find that geekiness, femmeness, and/or non-terminal shyness can make a cute guy even cuter

Arden Ranger
10-01-2001, 04:33 PM
*Ditto the uniforms. Especially Marines in dress uniform.
*Hats. Especially fedoras and cowboy hats. *Rowl*
*Boots, of yes. Boots. [manhattan and Verrain can attest to my boot fetish, having seen me drooling at Dragon Con.
*Also dig the greying at the temples.
*Fiver, pipes are very sexy.
*Nice hands. Talented hands.
*Sarcastic wit.
*Dark eyes framed by long, thick eyelashes.
*Laughter.
*Dark sunglasses
*Sometimes it's good to live in Oklahoma because I am perfectly capable of making a spectacle of myself over rodeo cowboys. Rodeos at the Lazy E Arena are a religious experience.

racinchikki
10-01-2001, 04:43 PM
Ah yes, dark eyes and long, dark eyelashes... mmmm....

Arden, I've only ever been to one rodeo in my life, at the Saratoga County Fair this summer, and I took two of my friends. The cowboys, oh the cowboys! My friends were worried I was going to taint the purity of my love for Gunslinger, with those cowboys!

Arden Ranger
10-01-2001, 05:04 PM
Oh, yeah. Bronco and bull riders especially 'cause they also have those leather gloves, spurs and chaps.

lno
10-01-2001, 05:04 PM
Ok, Maeglin. Forget the occasional fencing challenge. Forget the wars in German, Latin, Anglo-Saxon. Forget the challenge of translating the Beastie Boys into the original Latin.

This means war, and I hereby offer a formal challenge.

I challenge you to a match of Trivial Pursuit. I believe Genus IV is the most recent edition. I will make you my bitch and spank you like a red-headed stepchild. I'll let you determine the stakes of this challenge.

HelloKitty
10-01-2001, 05:05 PM
I love guys that play either piano or guitar. Something about the hand thing, I guess.

Once one of my "buddies" upon whom I had only a mild crush, sat down and played a piece of classical music when we walked by a piano in a hotel lobby. I about fainted!!!!! He transformed from a minor crush to an obsession in seconds flat.

Gotta chime in on the uniform thing, too.

AbbySthrnAccent
10-01-2001, 05:09 PM
I see it's been said repeatedly, but he good Daddy thing [i]is[/is] a huge turn on. Big guy, baggy shorts buying the kid and all his friends sno-cones and bringing me one too.

Deep laugh line wrinkles at the eyes.

501 Jeans, even if they're baggy in the rear.

A small scar on the forehead, eyebrow or chin. (Makes ya wanna kiss it!)

Helen's Eidolon
10-01-2001, 05:11 PM
He's another vote for slight premature graying. My boyfrind it totally self-conscious about it but I think it's so nice-looking.

One bizarre thing that I've always found really sexy: Wide shoulders. I don't know why.

beagledave
10-01-2001, 05:11 PM
The baby thing.

Management kindly requests guests to refrain from drooling (http://home.revealed.net/ddwyer/maeve-dad.jpg) on their keyboards. ;)

Arden Ranger
10-01-2001, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by LaurAnge
One bizarre thing that I've always found really sexy: Wide shoulders. I don't know why.

That's not really bizarre at all. Wide shoulders, narrow hips. Sounds like a cowboy. :D

But that reminds me. Well defined collar bones. I just want to nibble all along those.

Rasa
10-01-2001, 05:41 PM
I've hung out with him a few times IRL, and Maeglin is indeed a babe magnet.

My own list:

I dig a man that can carry himself well. Not so much gracefully, but naturally. Like everything is effortless.

Good smoking is another, like jarbabyj mentioned. Something about when a guy is holding a cigarette with just his lips and he looks up at you kinda sideways... *shiver*

Even though I don't particularly drink, watching a man drink bourbon or scotch is strangely attractive.

Domestic men also do it for me. If he can cook and knows his way around a kitchen... ayup, I think that's hella hot.

Quirky smiles.

Intelligence is a huge turn on. I'm not a dummy, but a guy that's way more intelligent than I keeps me challenged, and is an insanely huge turn on.

Heh, I just described a friend of mine to a T. ;)

jmonster
10-01-2001, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Superdude
Fireman?
Nope. But I would have been third generation had I passed the psychological test. My OCD and anxiety disorder disqualified me.

Wouldn't OCD be good? You know, checking to make sure all the people were out of the burning building?

Brynda
10-01-2001, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Jodi
Strong hands and forearms. Ohyes. Don't know why, but I'm a sucker for good hands. :)

*large* strong hands and forearms. Yum.

The baby thing doesn't do it for me, because I can't help but think that he is taken. On the other hand, men who are good with animals....oh my god.

Jodi
10-01-2001, 07:39 PM
Yeah, big hands mean big . . . gloves. :) And add me to the list of those who think "there's something about a man in uniform." That white triangle of T-shirt showing under a cop's dark blue uniform shirt right at his throat -- yep yep yep.

LindyHopper
10-01-2001, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by lno
I challenge you to a match of Trivial Pursuit. I believe Genus IV is the most recent edition. I will make you my bitch and spank you like a red-headed stepchild. I'll let you determine the stakes of this challenge.

Genus IV is way dumbed-down. Real men play Genus II or, better yet, the Baby Boomer edition.

Genus IV. Feh.

No one will play Trivial Pursuit with me, either. Especially the original Genus edition; I've played it so many times I've got most of the questions memorized. [/shameless bragging]

UrbanChic
10-01-2001, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by LindyHopper
Originally posted by lno

Genus IV is way dumbed-down. Real men play Genus II or, better yet, the Baby Boomer edition.

Genus IV. Feh.

No one will play Trivial Pursuit with me, either. Especially the original Genus edition; I've played it so many times I've got most of the questions memorized. [/shameless bragging]

[slight hijack]Oh good, i thought it was just me. It's not even fun anymore. [/skight hijack]

Searching For Truth
10-01-2001, 11:06 PM
I'm bad about eyes. Deep, soulful eyes. Colors depend on the person. Like, my boyfriend has brown eyes....deep dark brown eyes...eyes to fall into....Excuse me for a moment...

And sarcastic wit. God, kills me everytime. Aforementioned boyfriend makes me laugh till I cry. Let's see...Crooked grins...that's great. Spiky hair. Like, spiked up with soft gel. Not hard, but wax, so it's all soft. That's kick-ass, if they can pull it off, that is.. And hm...-chews on lip- Guys who look good in a suit (ARose, by popular opinion, fills this quota as well.) I second wide shoulders. Wide shoulders, and slimmer hips...Hm...

Oh, FUCK, Arden Ranger! COLLARBONES! Oh my GOD...*falls over* Oh yes, oh yesss...

And long fingers. Soft, gentle hands, with long fingers. *sigh* Oh man...

tavalla
10-02-2001, 06:03 AM

Superdude, how you doin'? ;)

All right, so I don't get much practice with online flirting, so what...

For me, it's rarely something physical. Thinking back to the first time that King Horny opened up a big can o' whup-ass on me (and many subsequent times, when you get down to it) there's a particular facial expression that kind of reels me in. One guy in particular had this combination of angelic eyes and "dare you," pure mischief smile. Something about that look gets me in trouble every time. Not that I'm bitching about that, mind ;)

The other thing I'm an absolute sucker for, is someone who's recently been dumped. Just call me Miss Rebound...

Deej
10-02-2001, 08:40 AM
My blonde husband in a black turtleneck makes me swoon every time.

I'm a member of a rescue squad that is part of our local fire department. I love truck washing day. All the firefighters put on their bunker pants and boots and take their shirts off....half uniformed half nekkid firefighters.....mmmmmmm......and they're WET to boot!

I notice a mans hands more than anything else. Nice big strong hands that look like they could handle anything. A man with hands that are whiter and softer than mine is icky. It doesn't matter what the rest of him looks like.

Ethilrist
10-02-2001, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by jmonster
Fireman?

Wouldn't OCD be good? You know, checking to make sure all the people were out of the burning building?

Not combined with anxiety, it wouldn't. "But I just finished washing that truck!"

lno
10-02-2001, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by LindyHopper

Having the answers memorized is one thing; being able to ask and then answer the other five questions on the card having been asked the first is another.

Alright, I'll edit the challenge. We'll go with the Baby Boomer edition, and you still get to pick the stakes, Maeg.

Superdude
10-02-2001, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by tavalla

Superdude, how you doin'? ;)

Doin' quite alright now...how you doin'?

Oh, and jmonster (hey! Haven't talked to you since ChiDope! How are ya?), OCD would be a good thing in that instance. It's that whole thing about buttoning and unbuttoning the coat six times, and driving the truck aroound the block a few times that did me in.

Superdude
10-02-2001, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by lno

Alright, I'll edit the challenge. We'll go with the Baby Boomer edition, and you still get to pick the stakes, Maeg.

Can I get in on this, too?

CrankyAsAnOldMan
10-02-2001, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Deej

I'm a member of a rescue squad that is part of our local fire department. I love truck washing day. All the firefighters put on their bunker pants and boots and take their shirts off....half uniformed half nekkid firefighters.....mmmmmmm......and they're WET to boot!

THUD

Cranky falls off her chair in a dead swoon

Zebra
10-02-2001, 09:54 AM
My wife comes from a close knit family. Her mother is one of seven sisters and they are all pretty close.

On one of my first big family gatherings after being introduced to them all (and fearing social situations) I took my grey around the temples head and went and played soccer with their kids. (and I totally kicked ass against them)

So now all my aunt-in-laws seem to 'really like' me.

huuummmmmm...

Maeglin
10-02-2001, 09:58 AM
How exactly is internet TP going to work?

lno
10-02-2001, 10:19 AM
In general circumstances, it can't, given the ease of use of Google. However, we're all friends here, and can be trusted not to search for answers.

So, IRC looks like the best way to go, I suppose, with an impartial third (or fourth, or fifth) party handling the questions and adjudicating close answers.

(And just to stay on topic- a surprising thing that makes a woman sexy to me is an ability to find the answer to any question through a search engine within 20 seconds. Oh, man, skilled usage of the engine; nothing quite like it.)

Diane
10-02-2001, 01:04 PM
The way a man looks from behind. Wide strong shoulders, narrow waist, round ass in a tight pair of jeans. . . . Mmmmmmmmmmmmm baaaaaaa-byyyyyyyyyyyy.

The way those upper back muscles feel when they contract. ;)

Motorcycle cops with handcuffs.

Sweaty firemen with dirty faces.

Baseball players.

Messy hair.

Good voice, big laugh. Accents.

Expressive bedroom eyes (Josh Harnett is a perfect example).

Guys who are really uncomfortable doing things like shopping, cooking, wearing a tux, but do them anyway just to make me smile. If they are willing to do these things for me, I am more than willing to do "things" for them. ;)

Definitely the baby thing as well as acknowledging and speaking to my kids like they are real people.

Someone who smells good.

A guy who is not only vocal in bed, but knows when to talk sweet, sexy, or down-right nasty.

The sound of their breath when it quickens and then the sound of their moans. There ain’t much sexier than that!

Men who are strong and big (not necessarily huge or muscular, but not willowy and lean) and make you feel protected. I like my men to have some physical substance on their bones with a little bit of Neanderthal mentality (think Puddy on Seinfeld).

Someone who is happy.

Arden Ranger
10-02-2001, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Diane
A guy who is not only vocal in bed, but knows when to talk sweet, sexy, or down-right nasty.

The sound of their breath when it quickens and then the sound of their moans. There ain’t much sexier than that!

Oh, hell yeah!

Feedback is such a major turn on.

Ethilrist
10-02-2001, 01:18 PM
Okay, I'll toss a suggestion out there and see if it falls to the ground like a wet newspaper. I've seen this one on an online journal I read, and it's a little odd.

Men with blood on their faces. When the star of the movie has been beaten up, this woman thinks that looks way sexier than before the fight. Actors she wouldn't give a second glance suddenly get her fires roaring.

So. Weird? Attractive?

FWIW, the reverse (beat-up women) most emphatically DOES NOT work for me. Now, a woman who's been exercising hard and looks all disheveled, like Linda Hamilton at the end of Terminator or T2, or Ripley after she's rescued Newt... that's different...

bobkitty
10-02-2001, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Ethilrist
Men with blood on their faces. When the star of the movie has been beaten up, this woman thinks that looks way sexier than before the fight. Actors she wouldn't give a second glance suddenly get her fires roaring.

Mmmmm.. I'll jump on that, but it depends on how the blood got there. Bruce Willis in Die Hard.. Mel Gibson in Braveheart.. Liam Neeson.. oh yeah. But something like Saving Private Ryan, or a blood-n-guts horror movie, nah.

Someone will probably chime in here and say it appeals to the inner nuturer, that we want to take care of the poor bloodied baby, but I will emphatically deny that. It's much more primal than that for me.. it shows me that a guy knows how to get a little rough. You know that scene in the first Highlander movie? Where Christopher Lambert utters the line "Do as I say, woman"? Sometimes I want that.

Okay.. I'm officially weird. But it works. :D

-BK

Ethilrist
10-02-2001, 02:20 PM
Oh--another one that came up in that journal. How about watching guys shave? Particularly when just wearing boxers (them, not you)?

Maeglin
10-02-2001, 02:25 PM
IRC might work, but truly I do not know whether I will be able to block a big enough slot for a real game in advance. I just got two new matters at work today, so I will be putting in at least the next few weekends at the office. We shall see. ;)

MR

Zanshin
10-02-2001, 03:23 PM
Also, just out of curiosity, what do you women think of guys in glasses?

Diane
10-02-2001, 04:00 PM
I LOVE guys in glasses!!!

Arden Ranger
10-02-2001, 04:06 PM
Always had a soft spot for the studious type.

And what bobkitty said about the rough and tumble type. *rowl*.

seawitch
10-02-2001, 04:22 PM
I like glasses, too. Not as much as I like the moment when the glasses come off......

Is it just me, or is it hot in here?

Tygr
10-02-2001, 04:24 PM
A rough and tumble studious type?

You mean the type who'd get blood on his glasses?

And I am glad to hear from the lady that said "chivalrous".

I had feared we were going out of style.

-Tygr, raised to be a gentleman.

Arden Ranger
10-02-2001, 05:24 PM
C'mere, Tygr and I'll tie you to the couch next to your wife and we won't be watching The Princess Bride, either.

Whoa. Now there's a fantasy that came out of nowhere

Zebra
10-02-2001, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Arden Ranger
C'mere, Tygr and I'll tie you to the couch next to your wife and we won't be watching The Princess Bride, either.

Whoa. Now there's a fantasy that came out of nowhere

Can I sign up for some of that?

Persephone
10-02-2001, 09:08 PM
Glasses are good. I'm particularly fond of the round type.

Graying is also good. Very, very good. You men that think that premature graying sucks? Stop it right now. It does NOT suck. No, no, no. It's yummy. :D

Know what else doesn't suck? Balding. Balding is good. Just don't do the over-the-top comb-over. That's icky.

Mustaches. OH MY GODDESS I LOVE MUSTACHES. They're hot. Oh yeah.

One more thing--a man who pretty much has his s*** together is good. You don't have to be utterly meticulous about everything, and being able to roll with punches is also good. But as long as you can at least find your butt with both hands, that's a big plus, in my book. :D

Biggirl
10-02-2001, 09:33 PM
Beagledave, did you give a tender kiss to the top of that sweet little head after the picture was shot? 'Cause I can see it all in my minds eye. You gently lower the baby and look directly into the eyes of the lucky woman taking the picture.

Too bad there ain't much sleeping going on with a baby that small in the house.

Sunspace
10-03-2001, 01:54 AM
::frantically takes notes::

Corrvin
10-03-2001, 03:31 AM
Glasses are always good...geeky guys. Tell me you have a gig of RAM and my toes curl.

Someone who can teach me things I don't know, and learn things they don't know. Guys who think about sex a lot, but think about other things more-- just guys who think a lot, actually.

Someone who'll understand when I whimper at them about being PMSsy, bring me chocolate, and offer to rub my feet.

Being smarter than me is good; acting like it when you're not is bad. Winning arguments is okay, but any guy I want to be with will understand that I have only one response to losing an argument, and that's get pouty until it percolates in that I'm wrong, and then drag him off to bed to..um...apologize.

And, what the hey, here's my all-inclusive qualifications list:
1. Must be willing to eat my cooking without complaint or cook for himself.
2. Must not take off socks, wad into little balls, and leave in living room. Also, not snoring is a bonus, but not required.
3. Must have standards of personal cleanliness that approximate mine.
4. Must respect me as a person; must support my continuing my studies (as in not being snide about "what are you learning that for?")
5. Must respect my prior relationships: family, friends, and cats, and attempt to get along/be polite to them. (If a guy can't get along with my cat, he's a real jerk. My cat is a total pushover.)

That's it. And if I ever meet someone whose neuroses match mine, I'll carry him off straightaway. Or enlist his assistance, if he's bigger than me...

Corr

Superdude
10-03-2001, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Corrvin
And, what the hey, here's my all-inclusive qualifications list:

1. Must be willing to eat my cooking without complaint or cook for himself.

Check. I live alone, so I'm teaching myself to cook. After discovering that my cat wouldn't even eat my cooking, I have decided that I could never insult anyone else's.

2. Must not take off socks, wad into little balls, and leave in living room. Also, not snoring is a bonus, but not required.

Check. I don't snore, nor do I leave my socks in little balls in the living room. My cat likes to chew on them, so I'm almost obsessive about putting them in the hamper.

3. Must have standards of personal cleanliness that approximate mine.

Well, I don't know your personal cleanliness standards, but I consider myself at least average. I shower daily, wash my hair daily, brush my teeth twice a day, etc...

4. Must respect me as a person; must support my continuing my studies (as in not being snide about "what are you learning that for?")

After being kicked out of college, I have the utmost respect for people that are able to succeed at it.

5. Must respect my prior relationships: family, friends, and cats, and attempt to get along/be polite to them. (If a guy can't get along with my cat, he's a real jerk. My cat is a total pushover.)

I've befriended MY cat, and she's the most antisocial animal I've ever seen. She hates everyone but me. I love cats. I also respect a close-knit family, and good, close friends.

That's it. And if I ever meet someone whose neuroses match mine, I'll carry him off straightaway.

I'm waiting to be carried away!

RTFirefly
10-03-2001, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Sophie

I hope you're going right to my front door with him. I believe that the Welder (http://www.geocities.com/jarbabyj/welder.html) is probably stump dumb, but a genius when it comes to bedding ladies.

Dumb workhorses are ideal for the fantasy one night stand.

jarbaby
Does anyone else have Julie Brown going through their heads?

The bigger they come
the harder I fall
in love 'til we're done
then they're out in the hall

I like 'em big and stupid
I like 'em big and real dumb

RTFirefly
10-03-2001, 11:31 AM
Cats: got three of 'em. Love 'em. Life without cats just wouldn't work.

Graying: at my age, it isn't exactly 'premature', but I think I'm graying nicely.

Trivial Pursuit: I'll start playing again if I can find people who can compete with me. (Dopers ought to be the ticket for that, though!)

Glasses: Yup.

Moustache: and beard.

Uniform: I've been informed that academic robes don't quite qualify. Ah, well. :)

Intelligence:[/i] I think I've got a few working brain cells to rub together.

[b]Cooking: back during my single days, I always found cooking a candlelight dinner for a babe to be a good way of getting the relationship moving in the right direction. Haven't lost my touch, my wife tells me. :)

Sarcastic wit: I can sneak the occasional zinger in there.

Collarbones: yup.

But negatory on pretty much everything else. I've got legs that are good for hiking fifteen miles or bicycling for fifty, but I'll never have that upper-body muscled look. My nose is your average garden-variety nose. I don't smoke, and I'm not going to start. (Lord knows enough people on this board are trying to stop.)

How does off-the-wall humor (Python/Marx/HHG/Firesign/MST3K) score with the ladies? :)

Theobroma
10-03-2001, 12:34 PM
LaurAnge already posted my "big-shoulder" thing...but how about dark hair and light blue eyes? Mmmmm...

My husband was more than half gray when I met him, at 25 years old. Every hair (EVERY hair) from his eyebrows down, including moustache and chest, was jet black. The bozo wanted to dye his hair, but I wouldn't let him. Hmmmm...maybe I *should* let him...I didn't know other women liked that so much! ;)

The six-pack is a little buried now, but the silver has taken over on top. Whoo!

And best of all...HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL. Couldn't name a single pro football player, couldn't care less. And he can fix anything in the house. Mechanical competence...light blue eyes...mrow.

Venoma
10-03-2001, 12:48 PM
Mm, ditto on the dark hair/light blue eyes.. add in a really intense gaze that just has you paralyzed and wanting to blurt out every sordid little fantasy you've ever had not to mention all those times you.. uhm.. *blink*

Big biceps and shoulder (the better to wrap arms/legs around) dark silky hair, dark silky longish hair, ok, I know some people will eww this but a heavy brow. yes.
Sarcastic attitude, the ability to be a true asshole when required WITHOUT acting like one constantly, the ability to put up with ME, talking dirty over the phone/in public when I cant do shit about it, telling me I'm good in bed (which of course is only a turnon after the fact) funny, smarter than I am without being a pompous ass, bald can be very good (depends on the shape of the skull) the quirky eyebrow thing does it for me too, plus the lopsided grin. An aggressive driver is a big turnon for me. I don't mean the kind that cuts off old ladies and puts em in the ditch, the kind who knows where the hell he's going and doesn't waste any damn time. Uniforms are very drooly. *remembers an RCMP officer who used to patrol the area... hmmm... cute.* nice ass also is very appreciated.
A guy who can handle a gun. Is that bad? :)

Oh, and southern accents. *melty*

jarbabyj, the Welder? Oh my. I think I'll finish that story at home. :eek:

Sophie
10-03-2001, 01:01 PM
A few more, since I'm getting all worked up:

Smart men
American men who speak Italian...hehehe
Men with meat on their bones but still solid (that make sense?)
Men who make things work
Men who are half-Mr. Big Dick and half-Mr. Romantic Sugarpie
Men who do not shy way from confrontation when it is called for, context being the key
Men who listen when they should and talk when they should
Men who would fight for a woman's affection
Did I mention men who are attorneys?

irishgirl
10-03-2001, 01:15 PM
a man who doesn't swear.

weird i know, but i met a californian guy when i was travelling (just back from a month backpacking around europe) who said "oh my GOODness" in the cutest way imaginable, when anyone else i know would have said something a lot cruder...

short, soft hair, like a brush...feels SO good...everywhere!!

good shoes, the best thing about italian men is the suits, belts, and SHOES!

and finally...fresh sweat, not stinky old stuff, but the smell on a guy just after working out, running, dancing, energetic sex, whatever. such a turn on.

these are probably my weirdest turn-ons.

beagledave
10-03-2001, 01:27 PM
Beagledave, did you give a tender kiss to the top of that sweet little head after the picture was shot? 'Cause I can see it all in my minds eye. You gently lower the baby and look directly into the eyes of the lucky woman taking the picture.

Too bad there ain't much sleeping going on with a baby that small in the house.

I'm more of a cheek smoocher these days..she gets dozens a day from me now...

Not that she has me wrapped around her pinkie or anything...

Superdude
10-03-2001, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Venoma
Mm, ditto on the dark hair/light blue eyes.. add in a really intense gaze that just has you paralyzed and wanting to blurt out every sordid little fantasy you've ever had not to mention all those times you.. uhm.. *blink*

Um...brown hair, Paul Newman/John Travolta blue eyes. That I have been told are quite piercing.

Sarcastic attitude, the ability to be a true asshole when required WITHOUT acting like one constantly, the ability to put up with ME, talking dirty over the phone/in public when I cant do shit about it, telling me I'm good in bed (which of course is only a turnon after the fact) funny, smarter than I am without being a pompous ass, the quirky eyebrow thing does it for me too, plus the lopsided grin. An aggressive driver is a big turnon for me. I don't mean the kind that cuts off old ladies and puts em in the ditch, the kind who knows where the hell he's going and doesn't waste any damn time. nice ass also is very appreciated.
A guy who can handle a gun. Is that bad? :)

Oh, and southern accents. *melty*

Baby, you can drive my car! I'm as sarcastic as they come. I wasn't born an asshole, nor am I one by inclination. But I CAN be. And I can put up with anyone (my limits were tested after being snowed in for four days with my mother, two brothers, and my older brother's best friend, who I cannot stand). Funny? I'm a stand-up comic. I can do the wuirky eyebrow thing, and my grin is very lop-sided. I know where I'm going, and no problems getting there. Nice ass, or so I'm told. Handle a gun? Yup. My dad used to own pistols and rifles. My little brother owns a Beretta. I'm shot more than my share of rounds. Southern accent? Well, I live in Kentucky. I'm FROM Indiana, thought, so the accent isn't noticable unless you're from New England. But I be more than willing to tell you you're good in bed after the sex in my Southern Accent that I can adopt.

So, Venoma, how YOU doin'?

Venoma
10-03-2001, 01:41 PM
Superdude, engaged to a dark-haired blue eyed southern gun nut(mild obsession) who, unfortunately, bought a Civic EX. :( He likes driving my car.

Now if things don't work out.. Kentucky, you say? :P

Strainger
10-03-2001, 02:01 PM
What the hell. I'll play. I'll stick with the objective points as much as possible.

Greying hair: Yeah, I have two gray hairs right here by my left temple. Wait, I'll show you. See, it's right...oh let me see here. It right around...no that's a blond one...is that...? Yeah, I think that's one. Wait, I lost it. Hey, where are you going?

Cat ownership: I have one. I used to have two, but the stray I had adopted died about a year ago. The one I have pisses me off frequently, because he tends to chew up everything I own, but I still treat him nice. Is it OK if the cat pisses me off?

Good with kids: I'm pretty good with my nephew and niece, and my friends' kids, I think. They seem to like me.

Crooked lips: Looks that way to me in a lot of my pictures. Glad to see it's a good thing.

Smoking: Hell no. Not gonna start either. My voice is generally pretty smooth, unless I have a cold or have been yelling.

Good at Trivial Pursuit: Oh yeah, I kick ass at Trivial Pursuit. C'mon, who want a piece of me? Bring it on! I agree with those of you who say that Genus III and IV are dumbed down. Have you tried the Millennium Edition? It's definitely more challenging, along the lines of Genus I and II.

Calves: Thanks to heredity, I have naturally skinny legs. I have to work out for them to look normal. I have strong calves, but I don't know that they look it.

Able to parallel park: Whoo, you would've loved me on my 16th birthday when I took my driving test. That talent has faded since then, though.

Biceps/Arms: Well-toned but not huge. Yeah baby, I got it goin' on. Yeeeeaaahh. Got strong hands too. I can crush diamonds into coal with these puppies.

Raise one eyebrow: Quite talented here. I can make my eyebrows do the wave.

Fireman/uniform: Nope. But I can play one.

Chest hair: Plenty. But it seems to be trying to progress to my shoulders. Cease! Halt! Desist, I say!

Dimples/laugh lines: Got dimples; one larger than the other. Got laugh lines too.

Eyelashes: Women envy me for my eyelashes.

Glasses: Eh, not gonna happen. I have something like 20/15 vision. Maybe in 15-20 years I'll need 'em.

Southern accent: Opinions vary. Doper-wise MI and CA dopers seem to think I have one, whereas no one else does. I can always summon one up, though--a genuine one, not that Hollywood/Gone With the Wind horse-hockey (<---for irishgirl).

Cooking skills: I can cook. Just give me a few extra hours and don't watch.

Boots/hat: Hiking boots? Hiking hat?

Blood on my face: Not right now, but give me a few minutes.

Balding: Hairline receding, poco a poco.

Moustache: I look like a complete dork with a moustache. Trust me. I look OK with a full beard or a van Dyke I think, although a full beard tends to make my forehead a little too obvious (see Balding). Right now I'm clean shaven, although if requested by a lady who met my fancy I would grow a full beard or van Dyke. No moustache, though. No way in Hell.

Light blue eyes: Opposite end of the spectrum here. How about dark brown eyes? Are those close enough?

This turned out longer than I had anticipated, but I spent all that time and effort typing it out. I'm keeping it.

Superdude
10-03-2001, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Venoma
Superdude,

Now if things don't work out.. Kentucky, you say? :P

Yes. But dying to get out of it. So wherever you are's okay, too

Fiver
10-03-2001, 03:27 PM
What about the guys who match some of your checklist items, but not others, and couldn't care less about the ones he doesn't match, but who gives you what you need, regardless of what you say you want? How sexy is he?

PunditLisa
10-03-2001, 03:48 PM
Sexy Things

A man with a tool belt, faded jeans, work boots and a 5 o'clock shadow, in the midst of doing work.

A man who can look under the hood of a car and know what he's looking at.

A man who can get on the dance floor without embarrassing himself. There's something about a boy with rhythm.

A guy who can pitch a tent in pouring rain in two minutes flat.

Big noses - oh yes!

Grey hair, yes! And some wrinkles on their face. Yes, yes!

A man who can play the piano or guitar and sing on key.

A man who loves babies AND dogs.

lieu
10-03-2001, 03:56 PM
Stop it, Lisa.

You're making me pitch a tent.

Arden Ranger
10-03-2001, 04:20 PM
I can't speak for everyone, but I don't expect one person to ever completely match the list.

That might even be scary!

I just find all those things sexy. The studious guy with the great eyes in the that corner, the cowboy that just walked in, that guy over there talking in a sexy drawl, dear Lord, that chick in the boots..

Heh. Dragon*Con, for instance, had me at a high hum all weekend. ;)

Tinkertoy
10-03-2001, 04:29 PM
BRUT
All my husband has to do is put on Brut and I go nuts.

Tygr
10-03-2001, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Corrvin
Glasses are always good...geeky guys. Tell me you have a gig of RAM and my toes curl.Got that and more... (http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=85835)
Originally posted by Persephone
Glasses are good...

Graying is also good...

Balding is good...

...as long as you can at least find your butt with both hands, that's a big plus, in my book.Someone describes me to a T and look who it is...

Lady Persephone, I've been away too long. Let me say once more: "How you doin'?"

Whoa. Now there's a fantasy that came out of nowhere If you want to think it came out of nowhere, I guess that's okay.

I prefer to contemplate how cool it is that Arden Ranger can read my mind. ;)

Now, let me ask you: Will what I'm thinking right now get me slapped, or pounced on?

Arden Ranger
10-03-2001, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Tygr
Now, let me ask you: Will what I'm thinking right now get me slapped, or pounced on?

Both.

Persephone
10-03-2001, 06:19 PM
Ooooooh Arden....

Tygr mentioned you and me in the same post....

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?

Arden Ranger
10-03-2001, 06:29 PM
Dirty minds think alike! :D

Geobabe
10-03-2001, 07:12 PM
I can't believe I forgot this, since it is one of my major, major turn-ons, and I don't think it's been mentioned yet.

Suits. I go weak in the knees at the sight of a man in a suit. I took a guy home one time just because he was wearing a suit (turned out I regretted it; he was terrible, but that's another story). The suit has to fit well, though. Ill-fitting suit...no.

Without the suit jacket, a nice white dress shirt and tie will do it.

Hell, ties in general. My boss's boss at my summer job would wear an oxford shirt with a tie, (Arden's going to love this) cowboy boots and a baseball cap. I loved that look. Whoo.

Arden Ranger
10-03-2001, 07:30 PM
cowboy boots...

Ties are way up there (pretty and multi-functional! :D). Double breasted suits are damned sexy on men or womwen. Especially topped off with a fedora.

I am so Italian sometimes.

Geobabe
10-03-2001, 07:45 PM
I like ties cuz of where they point. :D

Robot Arm
10-03-2001, 07:54 PM
What about bow ties?

Geobabe
10-03-2001, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Robot Arm
What about bow ties? You are so cute. Bow ties don't really point anywhere, now do they? Maybe that's why bow ties to me just scream, "Sexually repressed!" But that's just me. YMMV.

Geobabe
10-03-2001, 08:07 PM
Forgot to add to my last: Except when worn with a tuxedo. Then they're dead sexy.

Arden Ranger
10-03-2001, 08:16 PM
I don't know, Geobabe, I think bow ties scream "Hurt me! Make me late for work! Please!?" :D

Robot Arm
10-03-2001, 10:11 PM
So basically, Geobabe, you're looking for a policeman in a tuxedo cradling a baby in his well toned arms and tossing off bons mots while playing right field for the Orioles. Did I miss anything?

vix
10-03-2001, 11:05 PM
Sexy is a guy who swims butterfly.

Other perks: a good speaking/singing voice, excellent massage skills, a meaningful and interesting job, the ability to rid my apartment of big bugs. Oh, and he should be tall.

Geobabe
10-03-2001, 11:07 PM
Robot Arm, my dear, dear friend, if you were a policeman in a tuxedo cradling a baby in his well toned arms who played right field for the Orioles, we wouldn't even be having this discussion because I'd have you tied to my bed right now. Because you never fail to make me laugh. And that's important.

Robot Arm
10-04-2001, 12:36 AM
...we wouldn't even be having this discussion because I'd have you tied to my bed right now.
I'm in a good mood, no reason we can't do both.

Limerick
10-04-2001, 01:54 AM
A cleft chin. Not a butt-chin, mind you, just a subtl little cleft. Mmmmmmm....

Guys who do thoughtful little things without even realizing they did it. Stupid stuff, like opening your beer as they pass it to you at a party.

January
10-04-2001, 03:24 AM
Vix is SO right... butterfly... UNF! Their bodies are absolutely perfect. I can't think well enough to make my own list, but perhaps I'll return.. muahaha.

meyer
10-04-2001, 04:12 AM
Strong Hands
Walking around the house barefoot - (especially if said feet have a little bit of hair on the toes)
Love of Animals
A love of his family (especially his mother, for some reason)
Ability to take a situation into his own hands
Not to proud to admit that I know more about something than he does, and lets me teach him/tell him about it.
Musical talent, especially singing, piano, and guitar

Juniper200
10-04-2001, 09:42 AM
But that reminds me. Well defined collar bones. I just want to nibble all along those.
And here's a "A-MEN" from the choir, sister. I don't like freaky-sticking-out collar bones, but a guy with a nice chest and shoulders who gets those two perfect hollows on either side.... ::delicious shudder::

Also love:
Largeish nose
Distinctive eyes. Color isn't really an issue; they just have to call attention to themselves.
Strong hands
Laugh lines
"Floopy" hair This (http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/bigphoto.asp?gid=5585&s=1&e=9&seq=1&cf=31) photo of one John Linnell should serve as a good example.
Smooth skin on chest and back, light olive a plus.

Must stop thinking along these lines at work. I'll be written up if anyone sees the look in my eyes.

Geobabe
10-04-2001, 10:12 AM
...we wouldn't even be having this discussion because I'd have you tied to my bed right now.
I'm in a good mood, no reason we can't do both. And you say you're no good at flirting.

Tygr
10-04-2001, 11:02 AM
Ooooooh Arden....

Tygr mentioned you and me in the same post....

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?

:D Originally posted by Arden Ranger
Dirty minds think alike! :D oh, man... I can feel that vortex forming even now...

So, how sexy is it when a guy's brain gets so short-circuited by your sex-appeal that he's left stammering and gaping...? Because I can demonstrate...

(...or does that only work if you're English?)

Yes, Lady Persephone, there's a reason why you both were mentioned in the same post. Because one can't really participate in a thread that discusses what is sexy without your names coming up.

And "Both" is most-assuredly the correct answer, dear Arden.

sidle
10-04-2001, 11:05 AM
A sexy man to me is about contradictions. Multi-faceted. Camping one day and black tie the next. Full of surprises.
My own personal slice of heaven is little-old-man responsible about his money, but still overtips waiters. Comes home from work and changes out of a wool blazer and into basketball shorts. Lively and needs tons of sleep. Can be found flipping between the Simpsons and the History Channel. Reads nonfiction historical account books only, except for comic books. Sweet. Crotchety. Super-affectionate. Stern. Opinionated. Open-minded. Messy and fastidious. Adores me. Needs time alone. Cranky when tired. Friendly to everyone. Intelligent as HELL but ALWAYS into stupid humor.
All this, and infinitely nibbleable too!!!!!!
MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

Ethilrist
10-04-2001, 11:13 AM
Y'all just reminded me of a scene from my college days... standing in the hall backstage waiting to go out for the band concert, all the women in black dresses and the guys in tuxedoes. The guys are totally clueless about the effect they're having on the women, they're just standing there talking, when one of the women butts in with "Do you guys have any idea how outstanding you all look right now?"

The deer-in-headlights-struck-with-a-clue look on all their faces was priceless.

Doobieous
10-04-2001, 07:15 PM
Here's a gay man's opinion :).

- Strong shoulders and a fairly thick neck. The traps dont have to be huge, but i like seeing them slope up from the deltoids (on waifish guys, the traps dont show much).

- meaty arms. Not over done, but i like big arms. There's this guy at the gym who has these wonderfully thick arms. He doesnt look like he overdoes it, but you can tell he lifts. Yummy.

- Big muscled calves. Me no likee chicken legs. The calves have got to be thick and muscled. i love when you can see the two muscles in the calf also.

- Thick meaty thighs. Nuff said.

- Big firm ass. Oh lord :).

Oddly, i dont care that much if the abs are defined or not. I actually like when guys have a little fat....just enough to smooth out the muscles so they dont look corrugated or veiny. Theres this one guy i see around school who looks stocky and big, but not really fat. He has this big ass, and thick heavy legs. Even though he's as hairy as an ape, i really dont care all that much (i prefer the smooth guys). I just HAVE to look at him.

Also:

- Short spiky hair. I find it incredibly sexy when a man has spiked hair, or short hair in general.

- Stunning eyes and eyebrows that slope up, and then take an slight angle downward. I love when those types of eyebrows get raised in this "come hither/inquisitive" look.

- Devlish smiles. Oh how i love when a man smiles and it looks oh so not innocent. Combine that with stunning eyes and the eyebrows i just decribed ;).

- Men in uniform. God damn do i love military men. I dont know if it's because since dad is a cop, i kind of grew up around them, but there's this one motorcycle cop in town who i HAVE to look at everytime i see him. I find him incredibly hot. Firefighters also get me too. I think the attraction is the sheer masculinity that they posess.

Ok, i think i have to go now...

Robot Arm
10-04-2001, 09:41 PM
And you say you're no good at flirting.
I'm not, but if you keep trying something long enough you're bound to get lucky at least once. Do a search on "monkeys, Infinite number of."

Nightsong
10-04-2001, 10:08 PM
Ooo. Lots of tidbits others have mentioned, so I'm not going to list everything that makes a guy sexy to me but...

Strong hands, that are just a little bit calloused. (The feel of something slightly rough and warm grazing over bare skin... yum.)
A good researcher. (This has many applications...) :D
Flexible. (No no, not *that* way. As in: willing to adapt plans to fit a situation, or do something at a whim.)
Imaginative. (Like being able to research things effectively, this has many uses...)
Strongly built, but not overweight, and not overmuscled. (I don't wanna get squashed! And, I think the overmuscled look is disgusting.)
Likes Iron Chief and Junkyard Wars, even if I have to introduce them to him.
A gentleman.

Overall, it's lots of little stuff that add up.
(Now to figure out a quick and cheap way for a person without a car to travel out-of-state to visit a Certain Someone who's met these requirements, and has for awhile.)

___
<< Ni! >>

Geobabe
10-04-2001, 11:43 PM
And you say you're no good at flirting.
I'm not, but if you keep trying something long enough you're bound to get lucky at least once. Do a search on "monkeys, Infinite number of." Lemme help you out a little here.

Ladies: This fella here is smart, sweet, funny, exceptionally gifted with words, quirky, a genuinely nice guy, gainfully employed, not entirely unattractive and drives a nice car (with a stick, I might add--big plus in my book), and SINGLE!

Why, you might ask, if he's so great, have I not snapped him up? Besides the fact that he lives in Boston (just kidding, that has nothing to do with it)...we did go on a couple of dates, and well, sometimes you go out with somebody and you like 'em just fine, but it just doesn't quite click. But he and I have become great friends, I love him dearly, and I think there's got to be some nice lady out there who will appreciate those fabulous qualities AND click.

Geobabe says check it out.

Nacho4Sara
10-05-2001, 12:13 AM
Guys that can do the raise-one-eyebrow thing, and who know WHEN to use it.

I adore sarcastic and cynical men. Men who are gonna grow up to be curmudgeons.

I love the 'rode hard and put up wet' look. Think Lance Henrikson.

I'm quirky about certain habits. A guy that chews on his bottom lip when he's thinking just makes me swoon.

Okay, BobKitty just perfectly described the man I am so crazy for right now. We've been friends-with-an-intense-sexual-vibe for a long time, and I'm wondering if we're ever going to get anywhere (and if I'm brave enough to make the first move). But add a killer brain, incredible poetry skills, beautiful brown eyes and a sexy smirk and you described him perfectly.

Argh! I need to take a jog or something.

My addition (that applies to this guy as well) - okay, so I love hairy guys. Not quite Robin Williams, but you get the idea. So picture this hairy, hairy guy...and then imagine the spots that aren't hairy. Those delicious hairfree, pale, soft spots. The inside of his lower arm. The area along his side, a few inches down from the underarm. The underside of his knee. And that wonderful bare spot right below the belly button, before the happy trail begins its descent. Nothing like having my hands in a thatch of chest hair and my lips on one of those wondeful bare spots.

Just today the aforementioned dreamboat did this stretch/yawn thing, and his shirt came up and exposed this lovely bare spot just before his happy trail (his shorts were low-slung.) I couldn't concentrate in my next class because of that. Goodness gracious! It was the first thing I pictured when I saw this thread title!

You heard it here first: a few more weeks and I am just going to attack this guy. I can't go on like this!

TN*hippie
10-05-2001, 12:18 AM
I gotta ask you gals a question.
A lot of women (all ages, races, lifestyles) compliment my long curly hair. Which of the following is true:

1. It's just pretty hair; it doesn't add to my sex appeal.
2. It's pretty hair and it detracts from my sex appeal.
3. Women compliment hair; it means nothing.
4. It's sexy.

No matter what your responses, I'm keeping it because it's me and I like it. But I am curious. (and of course I'm hoping for #4...but be honest)

RocketHorse
10-05-2001, 12:22 AM
Here's what does it for me

shaply hands with long fingernails
outgoing and witty personality
piercings
tattoos (not everywhere though)
an accent (European preferably)
chess skills that are better than mine
awesome yo-yo tricks

am i asking too much?

Robot Arm
10-05-2001, 12:30 AM
Very nice of you to say, Geobabe, and every word of it true. You even left out my great taste in music and the fact that I can juggle. But I'm still not much of a flirt.

Geobabe
10-05-2001, 12:42 AM
Very nice of you to say, Geobabe, and every word of it true. You even left out my great taste in music and the fact that I can juggle. But I'm still not much of a flirt. Sorry, I was in a hurry. If by any chance, you happen to get any emails because of this, just be your usual witty, charming self. That's all you need to do.

hardygrrl
10-05-2001, 06:01 AM
A great sense of humor, especially a man who isn't afraid to be silly.

Intelligence

A wide variety of interests

Now the shallow stuff

Strong hands

Pretty eyes

A well shaped mouth

A scruffy/alternative/punk rock look. The Ken doll look doesn't do it for me. This explains my fetishes for Jeff Hardy/Rob Van Dam/Kurt Cobain... :)

One of the sexiest guys I know personally cemented my lust for him by sending me a pic of him after a game. He was all sweaty, shirt sticking to him...purr...

RTFirefly
10-05-2001, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by scredle
A sexy man to me is about contradictions. Multi-faceted. Camping one day and black tie the next.
Well, I top out at tailored 3-piece suits, but I do like dressing up for occasions that are worth getting dressed up for. And I love camping...the idea of a Doper camping trip has been crossing my mind lately. :)
My own personal slice of heaven is little-old-man responsible about his money, but still overtips waiters.That's me.
Comes home from work and changes out of a wool blazer and into basketball shorts.Bicycle shorts, but same idea.
Lively and needs tons of sleep.Yup.
Can be found flipping between the Simpsons and the History Channel.If I watched enough TV, it would be like that.
Reads nonfiction historical account books only, except for comic books.Bruce Catton's Civil War books one day, Terry Pratchett's sci-fi/humor the next. Mysteries, science books, comic books, and who knows what else in between.
Sweet. Crotchety. Super-affectionate. Stern. Opinionated. Open-minded. Messy and fastidious. Needs time alone. Cranky when tired. Friendly to everyone. Intelligent as HELL but ALWAYS into stupid humor.Yes, yes, yes,...,yes. My wife can vouch for all the above, especially the 'crotchety', 'opinionated', 'cranky when tired', and 'always into stupid humor'. :)
All this, and infinitely nibbleable too!!!!!!A matter of taste, of course, but if my wife doesn't confirm this, she's in deep trouble! ;)

Ethilrist
10-05-2001, 03:46 PM
Okay, after 1500 posts or so, I'm obviously going to have to do something to get mentioned in one of them flirting threads, so here goes...

I got:

The physical:
Graying hair (started going gray at 19, but now that I'm 40, it can't really be called premature any more...). Calves. Biceps. Legs and a butt. Chest hair. Wide shoulders. Narrow hips. Collarbones. Muscular without being huge. Long, dark eyelashes. Small scar on chin (dog bite whilst a toddler). Did I mention glasses? The little, oval ones like the guy in the wheelchair in Dark Angel? Those.

The social:
Good with kids. Non-terminal shyness (hey, wait, that was matt_mcl... eh. whatever. Flirting's flirting.)

The activities:
Parallel parking ability. In a van, yet. I own lots of leather work gloves and know when to use them.

The intellectual:
I have been known to write well... but sarcastically. Cooking skills (also a homebrewer/vintner/cordial maker, but nobody mentioned those...). Intelligence, if I do say so myself. Suit-wearing skills. Musical skills (got a BA in music, learning to play the recorder & bodhran, and singing in a choir). Martial artist. Swordsman. Have handled & used guns, but don't own any.

Downsides:

Allergic to cats.
Allergic to dogs (and afraid of them, too; see above re: scar on chin).
Manage to stay fairly neat and tidy even while doing heavy work.
Don't follow sports.
Mild pot-belly even though in fairly decent shape.

Indeterminate because nobody's mentioned it:
Facial hair optional.
Gee, nobody said that a good Game Master is sexy as hell. Dang.

Arden Ranger
10-05-2001, 05:07 PM
Damn! How could I have missed that?

Good game masters are sexy as hell. :D

whiterabbit
10-05-2001, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Ethilrist
Y'all just reminded me of a scene from my college days... standing in the hall backstage waiting to go out for the band concert, all the women in black dresses and the guys in tuxedoes. The guys are totally clueless about the effect they're having on the women, they're just standing there talking, when one of the women butts in with "Do you guys have any idea how outstanding you all look right now?"

The deer-in-headlights-struck-with-a-clue look on all their faces was priceless.

Oh, GOD, yes. We just had a choir concert Tuesday night, the first of the semester. And all the guys looked just sexy as hell in their tuxes. (Us women were wearing our 100% Guaranteed Ugly Itchy Polyester Dresses From Hell.) Especially Jeff, who is the Impossibly Perfect Guy to begin with...he looked even BETTER than usual.

*swoons*

Persephone
10-06-2001, 06:44 PM
Tygr, you're making me blush! :D

TN*Hippie: Hair is sexy. No hair is sexy. Gray hair is sexy. Curly hair is sexy. Straight hair is sexy. Long, short, blond, brown, red, black....it's all sexy (although will profess a bit of a preference for dark hair, with some white/gray salt & peppering going on. Hoooooo buddy, makes me weak!)

But really, I just like hair. Or no hair. Doesn't much matter. The scalp is simply a covering for the brain underneath. :D

TN*hippie
10-07-2001, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the answers, Persephone, however inconclusive they may be.

Nobody else is going to respond?

Diane
10-07-2001, 02:35 AM
1. It's just pretty hair; it doesn't add to my sex appeal.
2. It's pretty hair and it detracts from my sex appeal.
3. Women compliment hair; it means nothing.
4. It's sexy.

I have seen long curly hair on guys that looks absolutely gorgeous and long curly hair on guys that looked really, really icky.

Like a lot of things, it works for some men and doesn't work for others. I have seen a picture of you and it DEFINITELY works! ;)

Arden Ranger
10-07-2001, 02:42 AM
I'm partial to longer hair. Gives me something to grab onto and I love to play with it; run my finger through it, brush it, etc.. Dark, wavy, clean (has to be clean) hair is a particular favorite. Any guy I see with long hair gets a second look (or third or fourth...).

However, I find Patrick Stewart, Jerry Doyle and Fiver, to name a few, very sexy and they're bald as cue balls. Not everybody can pull off the bald look, but those that can *rowl*! ::insert leering smilie here::

Corrvin
10-07-2001, 04:52 PM
Thinning hair. Even a bald spot. Yeah!!

Oh...and the nice, muscular guy with a little bit of a tummy. The kind of guy who got his muscles carrying kids around and 50 pound sacks of cat litter, not lifting weights at the gym.

Hoo yeah!
Corr

BigGiantHead
10-07-2001, 10:45 PM
According to all this, I should be a pretty hot commodity. Well, I dunno. Guess it doesn't take many negative aspects to quickly override the quirky positives. Let's do the list, quick-like.

Strong hits:
Greying hair, Good with kids, Good at Trivial Pursuit, Able to parallel park, Raise one eyebrow (out of a recent survey of 14 persons in one room, mine was the only solo flyer. I ended up looking like a freak), Chest hair, Useful with hands (I repair sterilizers and hydraulic surgical tables for a living), Sarcastic wit, Collarbones, Short (spikable) hair, Accents (go ahead, pick one, I can do virtually all of them - not a bit of one in my usual patter), Will eat anything without complaint, "Flexible", Tux-to-bluejeans attire, Cleft chin, Singing ability.

Good enough for starters?

Qualified hits:
Cat ownership: It's up to you. See "flexible" above.
Calves: Good enough to outrun/skate/bike your ass, but not suitable for framing.
Uniform: Usedta did. Plenty o' pictures around!
Cooking skills: "I can cook. Just give me a few extra hours and don't watch." (Thanx to Strainger)
Moustache/beard: Any and/or all the above. Equally unmemorable in any configuration.
A gig of RAM: Well, only a half right now, but I've definitely got the geek gene.

Things that just won't be happening:
Smoking, Being an asshole when necessary, Balding, Broad Shoulders/muscles (I'm an ectomorph, thru and thru), Glasses, Hats, Boots (Well, occasionally hiking type), Blood on my face.

The downside, the Achilles' heel, the thing that stands between me and a life of eternal happiness, is a combination of apathy and near-paralytic shyness. If placed in a social situation, I can adapt reasonably well (see comments about me in the latest HouDope (http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=90515) thread). But unless there's some REALLY overwhelming need to, I have a hard time getting the ladies' attention. Too scared, etc. As Billy Joel said on Glass Houses, "I really wish I was less of a thinking man, and more a fool who's not afraid of rejection."

So, howmIdoin'? Any takers?

(Oh, since I just got it completed, here (http://www.picturetrail.com/biggianthead)'s some visuals and other insights to go with the above.)

- Dave

Arden Ranger
10-08-2001, 12:10 AM
::checks out link::

Whoa! You're a babe!

Diane
10-08-2001, 12:55 AM
So Dave, how YOU doing? ;)

. . . gone to check the list of those attending the LA Dopefest in a couple of weeks.

Creaky
10-08-2001, 01:44 AM
Short --almost military short--- black hair. Aviator sunglasses.

A guy wearing beat-up jeans, a faded T-shirt, crummy sneakers (no socks), and an expensive watch goes a long way with me, too... but he's gotta be hot to start with.

BigGiantHead
10-08-2001, 07:12 AM
I got Arden AND Diane to notice me, in one post? After all this time? Fuck, what'd I say? :: rereads posts furiously... She said I'm a babe!::

I'm doin' pretty good, Diane. Sorry, no entry in the LA events for me. See how I cleverly mention the HOUdope above? In case there's any newcomers to the area/boards... y'know. Just as a public service.

- Dave

Fiver
10-08-2001, 09:28 AM
Arden Ranger:However, I find Patrick Stewart, Jerry Doyle and Fiver, to name a few, very sexy and they're bald as cue balls.You know, if you keep up with this sort of comment, you're going to give me a big head.

Arden Ranger
10-08-2001, 01:45 PM
You say that like it's a bad thing.

thinksnow
10-08-2001, 05:13 PM
...You ladies really need to attend more Dopefests…well, more DopeFests I’m at. Cat: check Greying: it’s just coming in, you’d have to be pretty close, but it’s there, so- check Good w/ babies/kids: ask my 3 nephews who the best uncle is- check Good black shoes: dress shoes, boots- check Good at Trivial Pursuit: yes, but I get competitive (I’m working on that)- check Nice calves: years of running, rugby, cycling and skiing- big fat check Man in Uniform: only if you include the Marine Corps- check Hands and forearms: raised a woodworkers son (and see the Marine thing above)- check One-eyebrow raising: heh- check Sarcastic: check Chest hair: it's even in a little christmas tree pattern :) check Laugh lines around eyes: check Chivalry: check Glasses: I wear contacts, but- check Cooking skills: and how (Italian, Dutch-Indian, American, Creol/Cajun)- check Kilt: specifically a ://www.utilikilts.com”]utilikilt (“http[/b)- check Car: an Avenger is sporty, I suppose and I’ve been to the Richard Petty school, 600 HP stockcar- check (tentative) Eyes: well, they're sort of this grey-blue-hazel, except for one of them that has a wedge of brown on top- check Shoulders: not excessively wide, but- check Feedback in bed: check (IIRC) Tiny scar on chin: check Shit together: car & school loans paid off, money in the bank, solid job w/ other prospects- check Can dance: ballroom, sure (Waltz, Tango, Mambo, Fox Trot…)- check Suits: all tailored exactly with a few specific shirt-tie ensembles- check Tuxedo: check Massage skills: I've been told…heh- check Olive skin: well, I am ½ Italian- check Nice, dark sunglasses: Serengeti Drivers- check

Oh yeah, single...check.

I suppose that might have more to do with me not being actually at home, rather on extended assignment and refraining from relationships here.
<sigh>

Juniper200
10-08-2001, 05:45 PM
Well, I thought a list consisting of only the words "Is thinksnow" would do little towards the cause of Fighting Ignorance, seeing as how everyone already knows how sexy that is.

Arden Ranger
10-08-2001, 05:58 PM
Ah, thinksnow, you drive me mad with desire.

But, alas, I recall reading somewhere aruond here what you considered sexy in a woman and I'm not your type.

I shall have to continue desiring you from a afar, knowing that I will never be good enough.

*weeps*

thinksnow
10-08-2001, 06:57 PM
Juniper, you are a doll and, IIRC, we have some unfinished massage business.

Arden, I don't think I've ever posted what I find attractive in a woman. I may have commented or agreed with someone elses opinion, but I've certainly never made a "wouldn't touch her if you paid me" list. I have...eclectic taste. You might be surprised.

Nacho4Sara
10-08-2001, 09:12 PM
BigGiantHead - you are sexy as hell. S-E-X-Y!

SEXY!

Now go stop being single. I promise you won't have to work very hard at it.

Diane
10-09-2001, 12:35 AM
Sorry, no entry in the LA events for me.

:(

I'm shameless. ;)

malkavia
10-09-2001, 01:23 PM
Oh yeah, I am ALL over this.

A guy who can quote MST3K rocks my socks in a way that no GQ boy ever could.

Messy hair gets me off too. Its very strange.. but that boy from Goo Goo Dolls in the Iris video.. *rreeeeeooowwww*

I also have a thing for skinny guys with a belly. Not a huge belly.. but a definite pooch. Soft and squishy... *pant pant pant*

Guys with toys, particularly action figures.. but not a stuffy collector.. I want a guy who PLAYS with his toys!!

Boys who like and sing along to pop punk/emo crap but can still groove on an Eagles song or slow dance to Billie HOliday and dance around like a moron to Reel Big Fish do it for me.

A willingness to embarrass ones self for my amusement. Let me put you on a leash and walk you around a mall for a couple of hours.. Sit and Stay on command and try to hump my leg in front of Imaginarium and I promise you getting kicked out of said mall will be the start of something beautiful. =)

I'm also a total goofball for a guy with lotsa bumper stickers on his car. Nihilists, Anarchists, boys with far fetched plans to overthrow and instate their own government seem to draw me in like a moth to a flame.

And the more well read he is, the better.

Obscure literature, quantum physics, cult classics, rreeeow...rrrrreow.... Lovecraft, Illuminatus, House of Leaves...

Read to me!!!!!

=)

Lawdy, lawdy.

Fiver
10-09-2001, 04:00 PM
I need to try a different tack here.

malkavia, you are definitely my type. There seem to be many women my type on SDMB.

But this doesn't help me. Where do I need to go IRL to meet Doper-type chicks?

Tygr
10-09-2001, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Fiver
Arden Ranger: ...you're going to give me a big head. Yes, Arden has a tendency to do that. ;)Originally posted by Persephone
Tygr, you're making me blush!'Sokay - It looks good on you.
The scalp is simply a covering for the brain underneath. :D [/B]FINALLY! An opinion I can get behind.
(Not to mention a poster I can... I mean, Not that I WANT to...I mean, I certainly wouldn't MIND...I mean, really only if SHE wanted... Did I mention something about stammering and gaping?)

Thanks for that, Pers. Glad to know that mentality exists. (I'd once feared Mrs. T was the only one who had it.)

The only aspect of my appearance that I'm self-conscious about is my hair, which decide to start abandoning ship over ten years ago. Silly, I know, to be concerned with something you have no control over, but I never claimed I weren't silly.

malkavia
10-09-2001, 04:13 PM
Where do I need to go IRL to meet Doper-type chicks?

Dopetober Fest in Redondo Beach on Oct. 20th, of course. =)

Fiver
10-09-2001, 04:50 PM
I meant, in the Atlanta area. Fiver doesn't get out to California much anymore.

Corrvin
10-09-2001, 05:40 PM
<<I meant, in the Atlanta area. Fiver doesn't get out to California much anymore.>>

Find a friend who games. Ask for introductions. Tell all your friends that you'd like to meet some nice people, in whatever categories you normally date. One will turn up.

Or meet someone online and move. ;)

Corr

Persephone
10-09-2001, 09:03 PM
The only aspect of my appearance that I'm self-conscious about is my hair, which decide to start abandoning ship over ten years ago. Silly, I know, to be concerned with something you have no control over, but I never claimed I weren't silly.

A lot of men are self-conscious about it. I don't think I'll ever understand fully as to why, though. Most of the women I know think bald/balding is quite sexy. :D

For me, though, it's not just sexy, it's familiar. My dad, my brother, all of my uncles and all of my male cousins are in various stages of hair loss. I grew up surrounded by cool, funny, smart, and handsome bald men (my dad even has a coffee mug that says "bald men don't waste their hormones growing hair," but that doesn't explain the hair on his back...:D).

Then what do I do? I marry a man who's got more hair than all of them combined. :D

Diane
10-09-2001, 09:07 PM
I'm thinking that Houston can't be what - no more than a day drive from Utah? I mean, if I drive really, really fast and don't stop to eat, sleep, or pee?

toshirodragon
10-09-2001, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Jodi
Hands? Oh god yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!big strong hands oh yeah...

Ethilrist
10-10-2001, 10:38 AM
[QUOTE]A lot of men are self-conscious about it. I don't think I'll ever understand fully as to why, though. Most of the women I know think bald/balding is quite sexy. :D

Yep. I stopped worrying about hair loss when I found out just how many women admitted they would give it up for Patrick Stewart or Sean Connery.

CrankyAsAnOldMan
10-10-2001, 11:41 AM
This thread just keeps on amazing me.

I should print it off and put it somewhere so when my son is an adolescent and perhaps feeling awkward, I can show him that no matter what he looks like, he's gonna drive some girl apeshit! :)

toshirodragon
10-10-2001, 04:55 PM
Competence. A can do attitude.
When I have a problem I don't want to hear umm well what do you want to do shit dude I asked YOU!
Conversely I am so tired of being told how to solve my problem when I am just venting.. just listen and say I understand...
A man who can fix things!

Diane
10-10-2001, 11:22 PM
A man who can dance. (http://www.tvdance.com/peewee)

BigGiantHead
10-11-2001, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Nacho4Sara
BigGiantHead - you are sexy as hell. S-E-X-Y!

SEXY!

Now go stop being single. I promise you won't have to work very hard at it. I have nothing to say in response to this, I just thought it deserved to be seen again. :D
Sara, that makes you about the fifth Dopette in the last couple weeks to tell me something like that. I may actually start to believe it if you don't cut that out.
I swear to you all, I am blushing down to ... well, pretty damn far down.

Oh, and Diane? Don't get in a car wreck on my account. Stop and rest/eat if you need to... you'll need your strength. ;)

Rye
10-11-2001, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by ruadh

My eyelasses are so long I have to wear my glasses at the bottom of my nose while cooking a 5 course meal :p

Rye
10-11-2001, 06:04 AM
oh and, does being a great masoose* count? I've been practicing since I was 7, my mom taught me how since she was a pro. I love to massage people :O

Diane
10-11-2001, 09:06 AM
Hey, you can masoose me anytime. :D

I also think it is really sexy when hot guys don't realize just how hot they are :::cough Dave cough::: It's such a nice change from the egotistical type.

Hey Dave, I'm not sure what you meant about the blush down to somewhere comment. You may have to send photos.

toshirodragon
10-11-2001, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Diane
I'm thinking that Houston can't be what - no more than a day drive from Utah? I mean, if I drive really, really fast and don't stop to eat, sleep, or pee?
Since you are up here close to me.. why don't we share? The distance to Houston is only half as far with TWO drivers :D

BigGiantHead
10-11-2001, 07:28 PM
:eek:

I really have no idea which way to turn at this point. I'm completely flabbergasted. After 32 years of being a nobody, in two weeks' time I've become a hot property. It might be time to go start a new thread just to discuss how to handle all this new attention!

And here's your picture, Diane: :o ;)

MaxTheVool
10-11-2001, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by CrankyAsAnOldMan
This thread just keeps on amazing me.

I should print it off and put it somewhere so when my son is an adolescent and perhaps feeling awkward, I can show him that no matter what he looks like, he's gonna drive some girl apeshit! :)

--->of course, all he'll learn from reading this thread is that there will be lots and lots of women who claim that he's exactly their type. Given the number of single men posting to this thread and pointing out that they have most or all of the mentioned qualities, however, that may be of little comfort.

(And what happened to that Trivial Pursuit challenge? I've never met anyone from my generation who can beat me (I'm 27), although people who are, say, in their 50's can have an insurmountable advantage, simply from their lifetime accumulation of knowledge.)