PDA

View Full Version : Any doctors? What's wrong "down there"? TMI?

Kayeby
10-25-2001, 03:02 PM
Everything was hunky dory until yesterday when suddenly going to the toilet became ... problematic. You know how you have a fair indication of how much you're going to pee before you actually do? Well my pee actually stops before that so I feel a really uncomfortable urge to continue, but seem to be physically held back by something.

Just now, I tried to force what I thought was urine out, except it actually turned out to be a small clot of blood. :eek: My bladder doesn't actually hurt, but it feels uncomfortable.

If it has any relevance, two days ago, I held in my urge to pee (looooong bus ride) to the point that it hurt to walk to the toilet (but after that it was fine). My boyfriend and I haven't had intercourse since Tuesday.

What is wrong with me? :(

Kayeby
10-25-2001, 03:07 PM
Okay, just had to pee again. Now the blood has sort of mixed with the urine and it's a pale red.

::freaking out::

Delta-9
10-25-2001, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Kayeby

What is wrong with me? :(

What's wrong is that you came here instead of calling a doctor.

Do it NOW.

MsWhich
10-25-2001, 03:16 PM
Yep. The SDMB is not your doctor, cannot diagnose you, and cannot prescribe medication for you. See a doctor, immediately. Blood in the urine is nothing to laugh about.

Duck Duck Goose
10-25-2001, 03:20 PM
[mom voice]

Doctor. Now.

You've got, at best, a bladder infection (2 weeks of antibiotics), at worst, something seriously wrong with one or two kidneys and/or your bladder.

File for future reference, babe--peeing blood is not normal, 'kay?

Now, scoot...

[/mom voice]

P.S. Just "holding it" probably wouldn't have caused it. Nor would the presence or absence of the BF's equipment "down there".

Kayeby
10-25-2001, 03:24 PM
Believe, me, going to the doctor is the first thing I'll be doing. However, it's 6:26am at the moment, which means I have to wait 3 hours until the clinic opens, and I'd like to go armed with as much information as I can get.

Chronos
10-25-2001, 03:36 PM
Let me get this straight: You've got blood in your urine, and you're asking a message board for advice? Now, I'm no physicician, but it seems to me that there's a number of possible causes for this, and all of them would be serious enough that you need to see a doctor! RIGHT NOW!. Go. Don't stop to post that you're going to go next Tuesday, go now. If you want to tell us about it, wait until you've seen the doctor, and he's told you what it is.

sailor
10-25-2001, 03:39 PM
Hematuria (http://www.healthcentral.com/mhc/top/003138.cfm)

Cartooniverse
10-25-2001, 03:48 PM
Eeeeasy there, Chronos. Did you read her post immediately before yours? You posted 12 minutes AFTER hers, not counting the immense time zone difference.

I agree totally, and by now it's an hour later and your clinic still isn't open. She's coming to us for early morning/late night info, because medical help isn't an option to her right now.

Kayeby, I'm trying to do the math here. You're in Guam? Hawaii? You are 9 hours off of the Chicago time zone that SDMB uses. You are able to sign onto the Internet, therefore you are likely able to call for an ambulance. Do so. Do not wait the three hours until the clinic opens, please.

And let us know what happens? Best of luck.

Cartooniverse

Keeve
10-25-2001, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Cartooniverse
I'm trying to do the math here. You're in Guam? Hawaii?I was trying to figure out the same thing.

See the little icon that says "Profile"? Click it.

She's in Melbourne.

Primaflora
10-25-2001, 04:32 PM
Where there are Casualty clinics in the hospitals and 24 hour clinics! YOU DO NECESSARILY NOT HAVE TIME to wait for your doctor Kayeby.

Get a cab and go to the hospital NOW!

John Kentzel-Griffin
10-25-2001, 04:40 PM
No doctor can help you through a message board. You need to see a doctor in person -- NOW!

I know you are worried, and I hope everything turns out all right for you, but you will not find the answer here.

DrMatrix - General Questions Moderator