View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 10:20 AM

im am experiencing the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by antechinus View Post
During the quiet of the night I can often hear a faint tick..tick...tick... sound coming from a specific area in our house. I have been trying to work out what it is but am completely stumped.

Before you get too excited - it is not a clock or a watch or a bomb. Here are some observation:
- the sound is a rapid tick..tick..tick - say that quietly and as quickly as you can - that is what it sounds like
- it was on our dresser, now it is on a desk in our bedroom
- I have heard it for over 6 months, a few times a week
- i have heard other instances of it in other points in the house - none of these sources of the sound move around
- when i disturb something near the origin of the sound it stops for about 30 seconds, then starts up again. This happens when I try to track it down by moving staff around.
- i have not seen anything that could be the source

So I recon it is some tiny critter that doesn't wander around. Can someone put me out of my misery - what is it?

i have been hearing a series of clicking noises in my house for a long time and when i would go to where i would hear the noise there is nothing there that could possibly make the noise it seems to move around the house last night i heard the clicking noise right beside my ear twice and when i looked there was nothing there then i heard it behind me at the bedroom door then again in the bedroom as im from ireland i dont think we have the same insects to explain the noise that was the first time i heard it next to my ear as i was sleeping on the couch it couldnt have been an insect its freaking me out to be honest it has been happening on and off for a long time i took no notice till i heard it last night beside me im been honest no bullshit. as i was lying on the couch i fell asleep i was trying to fight off the sleep but i couldnt i just conked out didnt wake up till late if you like man i can send you my email address let me know...bonnell