View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne-42 View Post
Interesting reference to fancy pens, Nava. I'd be interested to know if the others with stationery fetishes are willing to pay those prices (took me a while to actually see the numbers). My fetish doesn't worry about the actual brand. I just want pencils and pens and erasers and sharpeners and fresh clean paper in a whole variety of forms, especially 5 mm grid. I can't work on anything other than 5 mm grid for daily work. Then lovely blank books and ...
Oh, it's not a matter of brand... The pencils those guys are most famous for are watercolors. You can use them dry (and they behave like any other color pencil) or wet (and they behave like a watercolor thin-to-medium brush depending on angle and pressure). I find that paintbrushes tend to be too thin for my fingers (and that's with tiny hands!), these pencils are very nice to hold.

I gave myself a box a couple of years ago as a self-present, after decades of carefully not drooling over them in stores. One of the Spanish expressions for utter happiness is "as happy as an idiot with a box of Alpinos": I don't know if I'm an idiot, but I love all those colored sticks... is it bad, if you'd rather get colored sticks than flowers?

Last edited by Nava; 04-01-2016 at 04:15 AM.