View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
I don't know. Why don't you read the studies and find out?

I'm not taking a position supporting or denying what he has to say, just offering the information in the interest of fighting ignorance to anyone who is actually interested in the subject and would like to know what a legitimate scientist is doing in the area instead of relying on woo doctors on one side, and nay-saying amateurs on the other.
OK, I went there and read a bunch of meta-studies and looked at their conclusions. Every one I read noted that some studies reported positive results, but that when all the confounding possibilities are accounted for they can no longer make any definite claims that ESP exists. The negatives included missing data sets, lack of control groups, lack of a plausible mechanism, non-replicability, and selective examples.

IOW, when actual scientists look at the studies they find exactly the same thing we've said here. That's because we're not pulling negativity out of our asses, we're reporting on negative results and bad science.

A real, positive, double-blind investigated, replicable power would be an incredible scientific find. Real scientists of every discipline would jump on it to get answers and seek new and interesting questions. That has never happened - despite a large number of scientists who have been investigating the subject and publishing their research. I find that conclusive.