View Single Post
  #25  
Old 07-09-2016, 09:52 AM
Haldurson Haldurson is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 129
I had a nest in my mailbox (Well, in a hidden gap between the mailbox and the wooden post). I got stung 3 or so times while getting the mail before I realized that that was where they were coming from. I didn't even realize that I was allergic until I got stung the next year, again, so I tried to self-treat it each time with ice packs. The second year it happened, it actually got infected and had to go to the doctor, and he was the one who told me I was allergic and that I should have come to him as soon as it swelled up (I thought that was normal for wasp or yellow-jacket bites, whatever they were).