View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 11:23 PM

So glad to see Ethel get mentioned!

I've been known to make slipcovers for books, with fictional titles. I've been reading a Phillip Pullman book in the local coffee joint, and I'm a little disappointed that no one's noticed that I appear to be studying "Ethel the Aardvark Goes Quantity Surveying".

Previously, I've been seen in various cafés reading "The Tale of the Giant Rat of Sumatra", "How I Rose From the Dead in My Spare Time and So Can You" (Phillip K. Dick), "Prognosis: Negative!" (the novelization of a movie mentioned on Seinfeld), "When Real Things Happen to Imaginary People" and "The 'Buggre Alle Thys' Bible" (Gaiman/Pratchett), and "Men, Monks, and Gamekeepers: a Study in Popular Legend" (last seen on Mr. Tumnus's bookshelf).

My goal is to have an entire bookcase of books that make visitors pause and go "Wait a minute..."

Still in the works: "Fowl or Foul?: A Handbook of Hippogriff Psychology", "Growing Flowers by Candlelight in Hotel Rooms" (from a Brautigan book), "The Philosophy of the Mundane: Why the Muggles Prefer Not to Know" (allegedly by Professor Mordicus Egg), "Commander Coriander Salamander and 'er Singlehander Bellylander" (follow-up to "Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooie") and "The Six Bunny-Wunnies and Their Layover in Anderson, Indiana" (one of Snoopy's favorites).

The fact that no one besides me seems to care is a part of my master plan that I didn't count on.

Last edited by digs; 08-07-2016 at 11:26 PM.