View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Weasel View Post
I'm kinda spinning my wheels at this point. I have the gist of the first half nailed down but beyond that I'm kinda lost. I'm hoping it comes to me by the time I get there.
This is where I'm at, too. It's frustrating as hell as I've been rolling an idea around in my head for years about a character and have decided to finally put the story onto paper.

My biggest concern is the fact that my lead character is a female, and I am not female. I fear that I'll be writing about a person I can't connect with and that it will plainly obvious to anyone that reads it. I'm also writing a crime novel, and the lead characters in crime novels (usually) have some unbelievable resume of skills, education, contacts, and funds with which to do good... Kay Scarpetta is a good example. This will not be the case in my book, and I don't know if that's a problem or not.

I have the first half or so of the plot figured out but past that... I just don't know where to take it. Perhaps I can take the Michael Crichton approach and have the novel just fizzle out 2/3 of the way through the book?

I'm really looking forward to writing the book, but I want to have a decent product when I'm done. Right now that won't happen if I can't get the damn plot moving.