View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama Llogophile View Post
The all-time winner has to be Manos: The Hands of Fate. The MST3K episode with it is priceless.

But that's too easy. Here's an obscure one: Zardoz. it features Sean Connery wearing a red diaper with suspenders, if you're into that sort of thing (somebody somewhere probably is...), and a plot that defied my ability and / or desire to follow. But the speech by the flying statue in the beginning made me bust out laughing immediately:

SPOILER:
THE PENIS IS EVIL!!!
Zardoz obscure? Heck, it was a major release when it came out.

I've shown Zardoz at my Bad Film Festivals. (I preceded it with a clip from the MST3K episode of "OPeration Kid Brother", the film starring Connery's younger sibling. At the end of one of the Satellite of Love routines, ostensibly tracing the younger Connery's movie career, Crow says "Well, at least he wasn't in Zardoz!")

It's fun to watch, especially to see where the name comes from.

You don't do the litany stated by The Giant Flying Head justice:

SPOILER:
[the gigantic Stone Head hovers before the worshipful horde of Exterminators]

Zardoz: Zardoz speaks to you, His chosen ones.

Exterminators: We are the chosen ones!

Zardoz: You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!

Exterminators: The Gun is good!

Zardoz: The Penis is evil! The Penis shoots Seeds, and makes new Life to poison the Earth with a plague of men, as once it was. But the Gun shoots Death and purifies the Earth of the filth of Brutals.

Go forth, and kill!

Zardoz has spoken.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070948/quotes