View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappachula View Post
I would add a few extra words: you're going to be way,way,way,way,way,way,way,way,way,way,way, over your heads.

First, you need serious, professional advice from a licensed architect in your local area who knows the local zoning regulations.
Then you need serious, professional advice from a licensed contractor.
And along the way, you need serious, professional advice from an electrical engineer, and a couple civil engineers (to design foundations, wastewater, access road, and more)
And you need serious, professional advice from a lawyer, a tax assessor and an insurance person.

All this advice will cost you thousands of dollars.

Then, only after you have all this advice---- you might be able to start.
I just want to chime in that I really hate when people on the internet respond to these sort of requests with "if you have to ask you can't do it." I agree that is sometimes true, but it really depends on the type of person. Some of my most rewarding endeavors have been from a position of way over my head, and I am proud of them all. But then, I'm the type who loves a challenge and prides himself on perseverance.

Just my two cents: OP, if you're the right sort, go for it but do MASSIVE homework first